Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Yet where is the part on what went on before he started recording? From the time people started recording things that would happen in the real world when something would go on, I've always noticed its never from the beginning of what is going on but the part the person wants others to see so they can play victim or whoever in the video that is their buddy can play victim. Otherwise why not record what they say and do beforehand? Just say there is more then one side to this story and we are NOT even close to getting it all. As well as I'm not buying he decided on his own to even record anything considering what we saw was obviously filmed and edited by the show....it screams producer/edit all over it with the lame scramble look to it and quality of it. SMH So whatever this show is trying to sell us again in the bs department, I'm not buying it. 

I don't know whether it really was or wasn't recorded but Molly and Jon don't seem to disagree on what led up to the argument.  They both seem to agree that she was talking to someone else and he didn't like it.  His take is that she was ignoring him and her take is that she didn't hear him.  Either way, not really the point.  If he did have that part recorded, I can see why it was edited out because that's not really what this whole thing is about.  I, personally, think what we should have been shown is more of what was said by Jon, Molly and the expert after the video was played.  I am sure more was said than what we were shown because Molly's comment about Jon twisting her words doesn't make any sense based on what we were shown as the only thing shown when all three were together was what happened on the video.  I feel like Molly was referring to the "making my skin crawl" statement but that wasn't brought up when the three were all together from what we were shown but I do think it was discussed and not televised.  That comment seemed to be huge for Jon when he was along with the expert and in the talking head so I feel like it was discussed but edited out later.  

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 10:26 AM, Gobears said:

No wedding band for Jaclyn in this photo of her with a Love at First Flight participant. Hope it means that she left Ryan for good.

1mbaGaZykroFdBFw2wYxTuUSpCK3TJZIkKo3STzE1-w.jpg

Her head doesn't look attached to her body.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jackie does bizarre  things with her neck...craning it in the oddest angles in her selfies.

She does even more bizarre things with her lips.  It drives me nuts.

• Love 2
On 4/12/2018 at 7:18 AM, suzeecat said:

We never really know what the editing doesn't show.  I'm also wondering if there was more to Jon's video that wasn't shown on the show.  He could have recorded more of what led up to what we saw, but they only used the most graphic part.  Also, if it was recorded by the crew, would Molly have been so openly hostile?

I'm just saying the way it looks doesn't look like one recorded it off their phone. Yet depending on what led her to be that way I don't doubt she would in front of the crew. Yet that is the thing, what went on before it to lead up to the part we saw?

On 4/12/2018 at 8:04 AM, holly4755 said:

99% of what people record is boring. I know this from watching far too many video's pf people/s children. This is a TV show, not a court of law, they just ct to the chase because no one is going to sit and listen to a video of a conversation about weather or what are you going to drink or what is the best character at disneyworld, 

While true this is a bit different then watching people yapping away or their kids doing something. There is ALWAYS more to what is going on with a "reality" show then what we get...especially with MAFS. It has proven that is the case in everything that goes on during fights/issues when you look at the show's history of bsing the viewers. MAFS gladly edits things to tell thing the way the producer wants it to go and not what the truth is. I doubt he even recorded anything himself. It looked more like MAFS did. 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:28 AM, Peper81 said:

I don't know whether it really was or wasn't recorded but Molly and Jon don't seem to disagree on what led up to the argument.  They both seem to agree that she was talking to someone else and he didn't like it.  His take is that she was ignoring him and her take is that she didn't hear him.  Either way, not really the point.  If he did have that part recorded, I can see why it was edited out because that's not really what this whole thing is about.  I, personally, think what we should have been shown is more of what was said by Jon, Molly and the expert after the video was played.  I am sure more was said than what we were shown because Molly's comment about Jon twisting her words doesn't make any sense based on what we were shown as the only thing shown when all three were together was what happened on the video.  I feel like Molly was referring to the "making my skin crawl" statement but that wasn't brought up when the three were all together from what we were shown but I do think it was discussed and not televised.  That comment seemed to be huge for Jon when he was along with the expert and in the talking head so I feel like it was discussed but edited out later.  

If something was recorded before the Molly part it might be important to what was going on. That stuff doesn't just happen for no reason. Yet I do agree that we didn't get the whole thing with the "expert" and them either. It was chopped up as usual to fit whatever the producers want so we are suppose to believe what they want and that Molly is evil. I don't buy it though. Was Molly asked about that comment? Was there a lot of bs flying by all 3 not shown? "Expert" stepping over the line? Things that came out that might not fit into trying to make Jon look like a "victim"? There is so many questions that aren't not going to get answers because it just doesn't fit with how the producers want these people to look in the end. Yet I would bet with how it was looking in moments that conversation with the 3 probably would have been tv worthy...fitting with producers view or not. 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:57 AM, Jack Sampson said:

Her head doesn't look attached to her body.

LOL It does seem that way in the pic.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I'm just saying the way it looks doesn't look like one recorded it off their phone. Yet depending on what led her to be that way I don't doubt she would in front of the crew. Yet that is the thing, what went on before it to lead up to the part we saw?

She doesn't dispute what led up to it and clearly told the therapist a version of that stiry that didn't say Jon did anythong wrong.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Evil Queen said:

Yet where is the part on what went on before he started recording? From the time people started recording things that would happen in the real world when something would go on, I've always noticed its never from the beginning of what is going on but the part the person wants others to see so they can play victim or whoever in the video that is their buddy can play victim. Otherwise why not record what they say and do beforehand? Just say there is more then one side to this story and we are NOT even close to getting it all. As well as I'm not buying he decided on his own to even record anything considering what we saw was obviously filmed and edited by the show....it screams producer/edit all over it with the lame scramble look to it and quality of it. SMH So whatever this show is trying to sell us again in the bs department, I'm not buying it. 

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ask a woman who has been verbally abused by her partner "what did you say to bring it on yourself?"  I've noticed that people who dislike Jon for whatever reason have been asking this question on message boards and on SM.  But when I point out that if the genders were reversed no one would dare ask that, I never really get a response. Also, I would imagine that if Jon did anything crazy to bring on Molly's nasty little rant, she'd be the first one shouting it from the rooftops, since she's the queen of making herself a victim.  She had an opportunity to explain what happened and only said it "wasn't a big deal" and that she "wouldn't change anything."  If he said anything truly heinous or that would have justified her calling him disgusting, telling him he makes her skin crawl and mocking him being upset, I have no doubt we would've heard about it from her by now. 

• Love 22

Yep Molly's responses were weird if Jon started something, when she watched the clip she commented what is this supposed to show so even after watching her words and mocking Jon played back she saw no problem with her behaviour. She was angry at being caught and still had no regrets about her actions. Even if you do not act your best in an argument most people are aware enough to go 'that was not right I am sorry and will try not to use that language again' Molly had none of that she seems to think the problem is Jon recorded her not that she was acting like that.

Another thing I caught was it seems that the clip of Dr Jessica saying Molly is trying and she is afraid Jon is not emotionally mature enough for her is part of a bigger comment that she made after her first home visit on day 18. Jon was saying he was saying to shut down with the constant rejection and was starting to think why should he keep giving when he was getting nothing in return while Molly talks about how she was comfortable with intimacy but she was shutting down to the expectations of family, friends and the experts that the marriage had to work.

I am rewatching the episodes and there was a short clip at the end of episode 6 which I think is next week. Jon is sitting at the table with his head in his hands while Molly is on the couch. It is super short but from it I think she is going to spin it next weeks as Jon just misunderstood her.

Jon: I don't understand
Molly: No no no it's not what I was saying it's how you took it
Jon: Oh my god I quit I don't know what you want from me

• Love 1

I have heard many women question themselves, saying they should not have said something to set a guy off, one of my odd friends sad that about her sons bouts of anger, thankfully he has grown and changed and gotten off of drugs. But she was afraid of him when he was 11 and aI would say, what are you going to do when he is 16?  I used to be a member of Al Anon and met many woman who though that about binges. I shouldn't have said this....  and I have seen mothers council their daughters to not say anything that would set him off. people do ask abused women what they did to cause it. it happens. 

when I said the clip could have been boring, I kind of also meant not fitted with their TV story or did not add to it. . For a show that repeats the same clips over and over, you would think anything to fill up time is good, but apparently not.  example   Moly. Molly Molly!!! Hey MOLLY!!! Talk to me!!! Molly?????  and so on. 

• Love 2
On 4/13/2018 at 11:01 PM, biakbiak said:

She doesn't dispute what led up to it and clearly told the therapist a version of that stiry that didn't say Jon did anythong wrong.

Like I said all we got are little snippets of things and we aren't seeing the whole story but only what producers want to tell. No matter what there is to much missing in this like there is in past seasons when issues pop up with couples that get filled with "drama". Its a typical pattern this show has. 

On 4/14/2018 at 8:21 AM, lezlers said:

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ask a woman who has been verbally abused by her partner "what did you say to bring it on yourself?"  I've noticed that people who dislike Jon for whatever reason have been asking this question on message boards and on SM.  But when I point out that if the genders were reversed no one would dare ask that, I never really get a response. Also, I would imagine that if Jon did anything crazy to bring on Molly's nasty little rant, she'd be the first one shouting it from the rooftops, since she's the queen of making herself a victim.  She had an opportunity to explain what happened and only said it "wasn't a big deal" and that she "wouldn't change anything."  If he said anything truly heinous or that would have justified her calling him disgusting, telling him he makes her skin crawl and mocking him being upset, I have no doubt we would've heard about it from her by now. 

I don't think anyone in this "relationship" is being truly verbally abused. I've been on the side of that from taking it from a parent so know what TRUE verbal abuse is. Yet this is a not so real TV show that is going to show snippets of things they want. Things get twisted and turned like crazy to make who the producers want to look like a "victim" or good or bad. Or a crazy loon. How many times last year was Sheila going off on Nate and people were calling her crazy and saying she has issues or treating him horrible. Meanwhile we weren't getting any story at all on what was up. Just an edit that she was upset again with Nate. It couldn't come out until well after the season that he was with another woman from the get go. Which I will bet the show knew considering he had a pair of shoes in his car for one and it was laughed off. Heather/Derek is another we got no story on and how many were all "poor Derek" and "ice queen Heater" when really he was an drugged up angry asshole. There was no poor Derek from me and there was no poor Nate from either. There are glimpses of looks and bits of things said at times that slip through because editing has so much to work with when trying to hide the truth of what is going on....and those looks and way some things are said sometimes give the person away on not being innocent in everything. Its why I don't jump on the "poor Jon" train. More so considering it was said how he was running around in front of her in little barely there undies. Dude is no victim in my book at all. IMO there is no victim in this. BTW, not sure where Molly had a place to really give her side to things considering the show will edit everything the way they want and for it to fit "producer story". With telling it to SM, I don't follow it since I don't have accts on it but the facts are they are also under a contract on a show that might not let them just tell their side so easily either. Remember they pulled Sheila's SM acct linked to the show when she started going off about things. You don't think they tightened up in that area after last season? They seem to tightened lots of things up to prevent them from going on in the future seasons. 

BTW, I don't are if its a guy or girl on either end of things, when we get snippets of stuff and its got questionable things going on then I would ask the same questions. Heck I think Jephte has been pretty much given a shitty edit this season as well. The edits on him have him say something and people go off like he is some angry man ready to explode if he doesn't get his way but we don't get the whole context in why he said something in the moment. I don't think he is some angry man ready to fly off the handle like some do. My whole thing is I obviously don't watch the show the same as some do so I will question what we are missing when its obvious to me there is something amiss. While others will just go by what is show and not question it. That is fine and dandy. Just as some don't care to read spoilers, or know what goes on behind the scenes with production and so on....and then there are some of us that do. No right or wrong on which way one wants to be there. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Like I said all we got are little snippets of things and we aren't seeing the whole story but only what producers want to tell. No matter what there is to much missing in this like there is in past seasons when issues pop up with couples that get filled with "drama". Its a typical pattern this show has. 

I don't think anyone in this "relationship" is being truly verbally abused. I've been on the side of that from taking it from a parent so know what TRUE verbal abuse is. Yet this is a not so real TV show that is going to show snippets of things they want. Things get twisted and turned like crazy to make who the producers want to look like a "victim" or good or bad. Or a crazy loon. How many times last year was Sheila going off on Nate and people were calling her crazy and saying she has issues or treating him horrible. Meanwhile we weren't getting any story at all on what was up. Just an edit that she was upset again with Nate. It couldn't come out until well after the season that he was with another woman from the get go. Which I will bet the show knew considering he had a pair of shoes in his car for one and it was laughed off. Heather/Derek is another we got no story on and how many were all "poor Derek" and "ice queen Heater" when really he was an drugged up angry asshole. There was no poor Derek from me and there was no poor Nate from either. There are glimpses of looks and bits of things said at times that slip through because editing has so much to work with when trying to hide the truth of what is going on....and those looks and way some things are said sometimes give the person away on not being innocent in everything. Its why I don't jump on the "poor Jon" train. More so considering it was said how he was running around in front of her in little barely there undies. Dude is no victim in my book at all. IMO there is no victim in this. BTW, not sure where Molly had a place to really give her side to things considering the show will edit everything the way they want and for it to fit "producer story". With telling it to SM, I don't follow it since I don't have accts on it but the facts are they are also under a contract on a show that might not let them just tell their side so easily either. Remember they pulled Sheila's SM acct linked to the show when she started going off about things. You don't think they tightened up in that area after last season? They seem to tightened lots of things up to prevent them from going on in the future seasons. 

BTW, I don't are if its a guy or girl on either end of things, when we get snippets of stuff and its got questionable things going on then I would ask the same questions. Heck I think Jephte has been pretty much given a shitty edit this season as well. The edits on him have him say something and people go off like he is some angry man ready to explode if he doesn't get his way but we don't get the whole context in why he said something in the moment. I don't think he is some angry man ready to fly off the handle like some do. My whole thing is I obviously don't watch the show the same as some do so I will question what we are missing when its obvious to me there is something amiss. While others will just go by what is show and not question it. That is fine and dandy. Just as some don't care to read spoilers, or know what goes on behind the scenes with production and so on....and then there are some of us that do. No right or wrong on which way one wants to be there. 

I appreciate your viewpoint, but it leads me to ask: why bother having conversations about the show if you're not going to believe anything we see?  As viewers, we're confined to what we're shown on the show.  We take what we see and we have discussions about it.  It's kind of hard to have a discussion with someone who just says "well, they don't show everything so we don't really know what happened."  While what you're saying is most likely true, that kind of retort makes it impossible to have a discussion on a forum like this.  I mean, I can say anything about any kind of interaction amongst the cast members and be met with "well, we don't really know if that's what went down.  They don't show us everything." Which is true.  They don't show us everything.  But we can still have discussions about what they DO show us, since we are confined to the show as produced and edited.  Is there more to the story?  Undoubtedly.  But we don't know what that "more" is so, for now, we're going to just have to trust what we're shown. 

• Love 21

I agree with you Lezlers.  I comment on what we are shown as that is the only information I have to go on.  I understand that there may be a lot that we don't know.  However, I like to comment on what we were shown and go from there.  Plus, there's always the adage, that the show couldn't show negative behaviors if the participants didn't do them.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I don't think anyone in this "relationship" is being truly verbally abused. I've been on the side of that from taking it from a parent so know what TRUE verbal abuse is. 

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't work for me.

Nobody should commodify abuse. It should never be a situation where you have to achieve a certain benchmark or rubric before you feel like you've been abused. Jon probably felt like he was abused, and Molly was not shown to have any reason to lash out that way, and that's enough to come down with the statement that Molly went beyond what was acceptable.

2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

How many times last year was Sheila going off on Nate and people were calling her crazy and saying she has issues or treating him horrible. Meanwhile we weren't getting any story at all on what was up. Just an edit that she was upset again with Nate. It couldn't come out until well after the season that he was with another woman from the get go. Which I will bet the show knew considering he had a pair of shoes in his car for one and it was laughed off. Heather/Derek is another we got no story on and how many were all "poor Derek" and "ice queen Heater" when really he was an drugged up angry asshole. There was no poor Derek from me and there was no poor Nate from either. There are glimpses of looks and bits of things said at times that slip through because editing has so much to work with when trying to hide the truth of what is going on....and those looks and way some things are said sometimes give the person away on not being innocent in everything. Its why I don't jump on the "poor Jon" train. More so considering it was said how he was running around in front of her in little barely there undies. Dude is no victim in my book at all. IMO there is no victim in this.

You're right, of course, that editing can make things seem a bit one-sided, or obscure the entire picture. But the larger point you're making is very unfortunate.

Basically, since Nate and Derek turned out to be bad people, that must mean that Jon is also bad? Why? Because he's also a man like Nate and Derrick? At the same time, I'm not seeing people defending Ryan by saying that editing is making Jaclyn look like the victim (and it would be ridiculous to suggest this).

Keeping a healthy dose of skepticism is fine and reasonable. Trying to explain away the concrete evidence they do clearly show is another thing entirely.

Edited by egnever
  • Love 15

I'm conflicted on what to think of Jon & Molly at this point. There's a lot of bad behavior on Molly's part. Then again I'm not so sure Jon wasn't a tad pushy on the sex thing. Even walking around mostly naked is a subtle kind of pressure... If I wasn't attracted to someone, made that clear (she did in the TH's), it would disgust me too. If she did not make that clear then of course there's a huge problem with her being fake.

I think he's got a huge ego, & it was quite bruised by her rejection.

I'm interested to see what happens next episode.

I agree we'll never know everything. I also agree we can only comment on what has been seen. I also try to take in what is said on Unfiltered, & anything on SM to try to form opinions.

Maybe after the show is over something more will come out as to what Molly's real issues were, & more of what went down between them.

For now I've been saving more of my vitriol for Ryan, who I do believe is a for real douche.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

Was there footage or other corroboration about the walking around naked thing?  Or are you just taking the liar's word for it?

He was probably just getting dressed and Molly tried to create some drama from that.  What's next, will he come out of the shower wearing only a towel?  Will he shower in the nude?  How much toxic masculinity can one woman be expected to take?

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

Was there footage or other corroboration about the walking around naked thing?  Or are you just taking the liar's word for it?

I'm going by what I'm seeing & hearing, pretty much the way everyone else is.

I guess from now on this show is all about hidden cameras & audios. If we didn't see or hear it, it didn't happen.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm going by what I'm seeing & hearing, pretty much the way everyone else is.

I guess from now on this show is all about hidden cameras & audios. If we didn't see or hear it, it didn't happen.

If Molly is claiming it, that's probably a safe assumption. 

• Love 5

I am one that doesn't believe what she sees, but I try and interpolate and figure out what they are not showing. it is a challenge, but I am not going to hate anyone based on what they show.  Rarely there are victims on this show, No one should end up like season 2 where you have to fear for your life and get a restraining order. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

He was probably just getting dressed and Molly tried to create some drama from that.  What's next, will he come out of the shower wearing only a towel?  Will he shower in the nude?  How much toxic masculinity can one woman be expected to take?

I agree.  Imagine that, a guy walking around in his scant skivvies on his honeymoons, no less, while trying to encourage the amour of his wife?  Next thing you know she'll be nominated to join the "me too" movement.

Pushy?  Under the circumstances, I think not.  Next thing you know he's a monster for having a nice body and attempting to entice her with it.  Why, that's almost rape to some people I suppose.  Meanwhile the woman can lie down on the bed nude with a "come hither" look and it's STILL the guy's fault for getting aroused and assuming he's being given a green light.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I am one that doesn't believe what she sees, but I try and interpolate and figure out what they are not showing. it is a challenge, but I am not going to hate anyone based on what they show.  Rarely there are victims on this show, No one should end up like season 2 where you have to fear for your life and get a restraining order. 

Ditto... I'm also still doing penance for buying into the Sheila is crazy narrative, when she was being cheated on all along.  :(

• Love 2

How will the show edit the fallout of the BooHoo Video?....Will Jon or Molly get the better treatment?...

http://www.eonline.com/news/927374/watch-molly-and-jonathan-s-married-at-first-sight-relationship-drift-even-farther-apart

http://www.eonline.com/videos/272803/exclusive-married-at-first-sight-s-molly-moves-out

Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out...buh bye...

Edited by humbleopinion

I will flip a table if Jackie is stupid enough to give Ryan more time at Decision Day to stop being an asshat...not gonna happen, Jackie...

Asshats don't suddenly become aware they are asshats and reform.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
On 4/14/2018 at 8:21 AM, lezlers said:

I agree that that is messed up, but not necessarily that it's gendered. I've seen the same be said about many female victims of psychological AND sexual abuse...what was she wearing? Did she lead him on? Was she a tease/bitch/nagging? Was she being annoying? Did she ask for it? etc. I mean, that's pretty much constant for anyone who comes out about abuse.

I think it's just hard in general, regardless of gender, to believe that some people are just plain shitty/evil and that it doesn't have to be mutual or caused by much of anything. It's much easier for most reasonable people to believe it's just a fight between two people rather than a perpetrator and victim. Add in a reality show known for purposely deceiving viewers and it gets really confusing. 

I personally do think MAFS is hiding some things from viewers, as usual and as in past seasons, but that it doesn't excuse Molly's behavior. She said what she said and she was exposed, as she should have been.

However, I'd still like to know the full story...I always get the sense they leave the juiciest bits out.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree that that is messed up, but not necessarily that it's gendered. I've seen the same be said about many female victims of psychological AND sexual abuse...what was she wearing? Did she lead him on? Was she a tease/bitch/nagging? Did she ask for it? etc. I mean, that's pretty much constant for anyone who comes out about abuse.

I think it's just hard in general, regardless of gender, to believe that some people are just plain shitty/evil and that it doesn't have to be mutual or caused by much of anything. It's much easier for most reasonable people to believe it's just a fight between two people rather than a perpetrator and victim. Add in a reality show known for purposely deceiving viewers and it gets really confusing. 

I personally do think MAFS is hiding some things from viewers, as usual and as in past seasons, but that it doesn't excuse Molly's behavior. She said what she said and she was exposed, as she should have been.

However, I'd still like to know the full story...I always get the sense they leave the juiciest bits out.

I think I worded it wrong.  I didn't mean no one asks these questions because they most certainly do.  I meant to say it's becoming increasingly unacceptable (and thank god) to ask a woman these questions.  There's an entire movement happening around it.  Yet, here everyone is implying that Jon somehow "deserved" being spoken to like that.  These are mostly women asking these questions, too, just for a bit more irony.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I think I worded it wrong.  I didn't mean no one asks these questions because they most certainly do.  I meant to say it's becoming increasingly unacceptable (and thank god) to ask a woman these questions.  There's an entire movement happening around it.  Yet, here everyone is implying that Jon somehow "deserved" being spoken to like that.  These are mostly women asking these questions, too, just for a bit more irony.

I agree, though I think there's a movement around it because it started off as a sexual harassment and rape-related thing, which women do experience at least somewhat disproportionately (from the evidence we currently have, anyway). It's seeming to take on other areas of abuse/harassment now, and I do hope that more men (and LGBT folks! I think they've been largely left out too) come forward with their stories as it expands.

Regardless, yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you that Jon certainly didn't deserve that no matter what he did or how he acted behind the scenes. Molly is one nasty, mean-spirited person. I hope Jon breaks it off and never looks back. I've seen some people saying he has a big ego, but he actually seems to have low self-esteem to me.

I'm also just curious about what the show left out in general. Not to blame Molly any less, she's a cold-hearted bitch, but just out of curiosity. I'm sure they crafted the story. If anything, I think they may have made her look a little better so the experts wouldn't look so bad.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I've seen some people saying he has a big ego, but he actually seems to have low self-esteem to me.

I'm on record saying he's got a 'huge ego', but I could see this being the case instead.

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Yet, here everyone is implying that Jon somehow "deserved" being spoken to like that. 

For some reason she didn't like him, & was too immature to handle the situation respectfully.

I'm not implying he deserved it; just trying to make sense out of that kind of anger.

1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I'm also just curious about what the show left out in general.

I'm feeling this pain.

• Love 4
On 4/16/2018 at 9:27 PM, gonecrackers said:

I'm conflicted on what to think of Jon & Molly at this point. There's a lot of bad behavior on Molly's part. Then again I'm not so sure Jon wasn't a tad pushy on the sex thing. Even walking around mostly naked is a subtle kind of pressure... If I wasn't attracted to someone, made that clear (she did in the TH's), it would disgust me too. If she did not make that clear then of course there's a huge problem with her being fake.

I think he's got a huge ego, & it was quite bruised by her rejection.

I'm interested to see what happens next episode.

I agree we'll never know everything. I also agree we can only comment on what has been seen. I also try to take in what is said on Unfiltered, & anything on SM to try to form opinions.

Maybe after the show is over something more will come out as to what Molly's real issues were, & more of what went down between them.

For now I've been saving more of my vitriol for Ryan, who I do believe is a for real douche.

She said "revealing underwear" which is what I can't get over thinking is bullshit.  If he was wearing a mesh thong then say so.  Other than that - how "revealing" can men's underwear be considered in 2018?  It's not like it's the 1920s where even bathing suits involved long shorts and a shirt.  Tightie whities or boxer briefs - both of which are worn by the cast of Survivor on national tv during prime time, for pete's sake.  ETA:  And in what was supposed to be his own house.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, princelina said:

She said "revealing underwear" which is what I can't get over thinking is bullshit.  If he was wearing a mesh thong then say so.  Other than that - how "revealing" can men's underwear be considered in 2018?  It's not like it's the 1920s where even bathing suits involved long shorts and a shirt.  Tightie whities or boxer briefs - both of which are worn by the cast of Survivor on national tv during prime time, for pete's sake.  ETA:  And in what was supposed to be his own house.

I get it. I don't even know if that was an issue or not; it may not have been. I'm just grasping for something that made her uncomfortable, given she wasn't attracted to him. In actuality, it was only a lighthearted 'brief' mention during Unfiltered (pun intended).

11 hours ago, Lion18 said:

Molly really didn’t give much info on Unfiltered. Just that she had his back all the time and would never expose him. Like he did by recording her. Still nothing 

Predictable; I've come to not expect much information from this show.

• Love 5

I think that it was a combination of his eagerness and lack of a job that contributed to her zero attraction. I imagine she thought she had the upper hand in the relationship and could manipulate to some degree.

The truth is if she would have just been straight and cut out the "attraction can grow" bullshit, most of us would have felt a lot of sympathy for her. It sucks not feeling someone who everyone else tells you is perfect for you. I think she was just sticking around for the paycheck and exposure and thought jobless Jon would follow her cue.  She even explained her story to the ladies in a manner that made it seem like Jon was the unreasonable one when she was explaining their divorce.

When she was whining about Jon not returning her text, I was like, lady, he probably does not want to ever see or speak to you ever again.

• Love 3

YESS I am here for Jephte's open disdain for Ryan.

18 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm on record saying he's got a 'huge ego', but I could see this being the case instead.

Yeah, I get it--narcissism and lack of self esteem can present very similarly. They're kind of two sides of the same coin. I thought I saw some cocky moments from Jon, but I took it as more trying to cover up for 1) how embarrassed he was by Molly's treatment of him and 2) covering up for his general lack of self-esteem to begin with (he kept saying "I'm a loser" in this last episode, and I thought that was notable; not "Molly is a jerk" like Ryan, the person I really think is this show's narcissist, would have said). 

I just think it's really telling that Jon has never seemed to blame Molly, who seems to deserve at least the lion's share, while Ryan has blamed Jackie for everything, even things that are pretty inarguably his fault.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

I figured it would be over for her (not sure when though) & I'm very glad she's free of him. She's originally from AZ (I think someone here said) so it's great she's getting out of Boston & removing any trace of Ryan from her life.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8

http://www.eonline.com/news/928024/one-married-at-first-sight-season-6-couple-decides-to-divorce-ahead-of-decision-day

http://www.ibtimes.com/married-first-sight-2018-divorce-husband-defends-wife-after-early-split-2673108

No one buys what bull honkus Molly is selling...

Molly can fling shit at Jon but is a fragile flower when she gets it flung back at her on SM...boo hoo...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, discoprincess said:

We could use more reaction shots like this:

Watching the show I missed that Ryan was trash talking his marriage while wearing a super cheesy husband shirt.  WTF?!  He is such a bullshitter.  No wonder Jackie says their marriage is a bunch of ups and downs.   He acts like he’s 100% committed while giving 0% effort or f*cks.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I figured it would be over for her (not sure when though) & I'm very glad she's free of him. She's originally from AZ (I think someone here said) so it's great she's getting out of Boston & removing any trace of Ryan from her life.

So much for shipping a possible Jaclyn/Jon pairing...

It'd be hilarious to see how Ryan would react though.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

YESS I am here for Jephte's open disdain for Ryan.

Yeah, I get it--narcissism and lack of self esteem can present very similarly. They're kind of two sides of the same coin. I thought I saw some cocky moments from Jon, but I took it as more trying to cover up for 1) how embarrassed he was by Molly's treatment of him and 2) covering up for his general lack of self-esteem to begin with (he kept saying "I'm a loser" in this last episode, and I thought that was notable; not "Molly is a jerk" like Ryan, the person I really think is this show's narcissist, would have said). 

I just think it's really telling that Jon has never seemed to blame Molly, who seems to deserve at least the lion's share, while Ryan has blamed Jackie for everything, even things that are pretty inarguably his fault.

Molly also took no responsibility for the marriage breakdown...so far Jon has been a class act.

• Love 8

Warning:  shallow, rude, uncalled for comment ahead...but I have to say this somewhere and internet anonymity is in order.

Why, when she's not speaking, is Shawniece's tongue always poking out?!?!?  It's driving me mad!  I can't concentrate on the show because I'm distracted by this.  Is it a medical condition?  Should I just google "tongue protrusion" (upon reflection, I will NOT google "tongue protrusion" no matter how curious I am)?  Am I the only person who is noticing this?

Edited by AnnMarie17
Spelling is fundamental.
  • Love 11