Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AnnMarie17 said:

Warning:  shallow, rude, uncalled for comment ahead...but I have to say this somewhere and internet anonymity is in order.

Why, when she's not speaking, is Shawniece's tongue always poking out?!?!?  It's driving me mad!  I can't concentrate on the show because I'm distracted by this.  Is it a medical condition?  Should I just google "tongue protrusion" (upon reflection, I will NOT google "tongue protrusion" not matter how curious I am)?  Am I the only person who is noticing this?

Nope, I have noticed it too and thought it was kind of odd.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

Warning:  shallow, rude, uncalled for comment ahead...but I have to say this somewhere and internet anonymity is in order.

Why, when she's not speaking, is Shawniece's tongue always poking out?!?!?  It's driving me mad!  I can't concentrate on the show because I'm distracted by this.  Is it a medical condition?  Should I just google "tongue protrusion" (upon reflection, I will NOT google "tongue protrusion" not matter how curious I am)?  Am I the only person who is noticing this?

Wow, I didn't notice.  Will have to watch for this so it can make me crazy, too.  Someone here said they can't always understand Jephte.  I need subtitles for Jaclyn.  Between the cadence of her speech and whatever else, I swear I'm lost sometimes.  First noticed it on their honeymoon.  What?!   

• Love 1

Jephte's voice is deep and gravelly so the words rumble into each other.

Jackie slightly slurs her speech so word borders blend.

If you do not use the captions and up the volume to hear the cast speak... then you are blasted with inane music as the show comes back from commercials...

Shawniece uses her tongue to spontaneously express herself just like she uses her eyes, hands...it is a personal habit of hers....

Don't think she does it intentionally to annoy the viewers... Just something she does and probably doesn't realize it until she started getting filmed for hours everyday for 8 weeks for the show

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

First time I noticed it was this last episode when she was in the car on her phone waiting for Jephte.  (Right before the stupid fight over who was supposed to drive).  I hadn't noticed it up until then.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

Thank heavens someone else noticed!

• Love 6

Remember Jackie doesn't know the insensitive things Ryan said behind her back to the grooms and probably to anyone who will listen at the station, paintball field, construction site leading up to Decision Day.

Unless someone blabs to her she has no idea Ryan what is callously saying...that he doesn't care about the marriage and would feel nothing about walking away.

They could be holding hands because a producer told them to for their camera shot...

Stunt hands....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

First time I noticed it was this last episode when she was in the car on her phone waiting for Jephte.  (Right before the stupid fight over who was supposed to drive).  I hadn't noticed it up until then.  

19 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

Why, when she's not speaking, is Shawniece's tongue always poking out?!?!?  It's driving me mad!  I can't concentrate on the show because I'm distracted by this.  Is it a medical condition?  Should I just google "tongue protrusion" (upon reflection, I will NOT google "tongue protrusion" no matter how curious I am)?  Am I the only person who is noticing this?

I noticed it as well and was wondering what was wrong with her tongue. It was like she was making the weirdest face.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Lion18 said:

Molly really didn’t give much info on Unfiltered. Just that she had his back all the time and would never expose him. Like he did by recording her. Still nothing 

This sounds suspiciously like the 'ol "the truth will come out" vague assertion that reality stars like to engage in when defending themselves absent any actual facts to defend themselves WITH.  I'm still waiting for Leah Messer's "truth" to come out about Corey that she's been yapping about for about 5 years now.  

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, qtpye said:

I think that it was a combination of his eagerness and lack of a job that contributed to her zero attraction. I imagine she thought she had the upper hand in the relationship and could manipulate to some degree.

The truth is if she would have just been straight and cut out the "attraction can grow" bullshit, most of us would have felt a lot of sympathy for her. It sucks not feeling someone who everyone else tells you is perfect for you. I think she was just sticking around for the paycheck and exposure and thought jobless Jon would follow her cue.  She even explained her story to the ladies in a manner that made it seem like Jon was the unreasonable one when she was explaining their divorce.

When she was whining about Jon not returning her text, I was like, lady, he probably does not want to ever see or speak to you ever again.

I thought it was telling that she said to Jackie what the LENGTH of the text was, but not what she actually SAID.  Like they said in the podcast, she was likely just instructing him on what they should do the next week in order to maintain their image, since that seems to be the only thing Molly cares about.

• Love 5

I think molly is full of it!  She got caught with her panties down and now she's trying to make it all about how SHE was disrespected.  Really Molly. 

Poor Jon.  He tried he really did but Molly...-5

I hope and pray that when they reach the decision table Ryan says yes and Jackie says NO THANKS and exits left.  I'm pulling for her to show him UP UP UP!

• Love 1

Wonder if Jephte is the Daddy...or dun dun dun...a stranger baby daddy while she was still legally wed to Jephte...

The Decision Show was shot months ago so who knows...?

When was the reunion show filmed?

Leave it to Shawniece to bring the drama...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, bonniegoat said:

"Married at First Sight Season Six Star Shawniece Jackson Expecting First Child Ahead of Finale"

http://people.com/babies/married-at-first-sight-shawniece-jackson-pregnant-expecting-first-child/

That picture of her is stupid.  "Recreate little Shawnieces" - she's another mini-me type.

I wonder why they didn't wait to let that cat out of the bag for another week or so.

Is there a reunion show for this season coming up?

• Love 2

I can't believe it's taken this many seasons for one of the participants to be pregnant before the show's finale airs. Jephte's definitely the father or why would the show/production company let People magazine do a news story about it complete with photo shoot right before the finale? "Recreate little Shawnieces" sounds a little bit narcissistic but it is part of a biological drive to pass on your genes. 

• Love 3

A lot of short women have tall children. I'm surprised people still want their children to play football what with all the news out there about CTE. Better to funnel those kids into baseball, soccer or basketball. I think Jephte and Shawniece are still together. He's defending her from negative comments on Twitter. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bonniegoat said:

"Married at First Sight Season Six Star Shawniece Jackson Expecting First Child Ahead of Finale"

http://people.com/babies/married-at-first-sight-shawniece-jackson-pregnant-expecting-first-child/

Someone posted on another message board that Shawniece was pregnant, but didn't produce "receipts" (i.e. proof). I was skeptical as on this board there are some people who post all sorts of outlandish things. I'm surprised to see that this was true.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

LOL Jon has pushed her to try new things and be a better person yet she won't even cuddle her husband. Keep that spin going Molly she will still be playing the innocent until the days he dies. I really hope Jon tells her bluntly that she really did not try and he can't wait for the divorce to be finalized and never see her again. The looks she gives Jon when he will not play along are funny she really doesn't like to be called out.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Gobears said:

I can't believe it's taken this many seasons for one of the participants to be pregnant before the show's finale airs. Jephte's definitely the father or why would the show/production company let People magazine do a news story about it complete with photo shoot right before the finale? "Recreate little Shawnieces" sounds a little bit narcissistic but it is part of a biological drive to pass on your genes. 

6 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Of course it's going to be Jephte's kid.  Even so, the question remains as to whether they are still married. 

5 hours ago, Gobears said:

A lot of short women have tall children. I'm surprised people still want their children to play football what with all the news out there about CTE. Better to funnel those kids into baseball, soccer or basketball. I think Jephte and Shawniece are still together. He's defending her from negative comments on Twitter. 

I am one of those women. I'm 5'1 and my 16 yr old is about 6'1. Yes he plays basketball. Which btw, one takes a beating in those games as well. While its not like football, there are those that have had concussions from it (SIL's daughter had one from being slammed to the ground by another player). I saw over the weekend my son's eye get poked, which took him out of the game for a bit, and one of his teammates get elbowed so hard in the face his teeth were hurting (luckly not broken) and gave him a bloody nose. Soccer is just as bad as football IMO. Baseball can be a safer option (son played that too) but hell they get hit with those balls and it can leave a mark (been there with him). LOL 

I think the show let it out today on purpose. It leaves viewers that see that wondering if they are together or not. Yet really its after next week when most of these couples really spill the beans on if they are or not if we look at some past MAFS seasons. It also leaves viewers to wonder if Jephte is the father or not as well btw. Yet good luck to him...and more so if its a girl. 

What was a little much IMO was the fact she went to the ER over not feeling good and found out. SMH She also looks like she could be about 5 months along in that pic of her bump...maybe 6....wonder what is going through Jamie's mind. LOL

• Love 3
On April 19, 2018 at 4:06 PM, AnnMarie17 said:

Why, when she's not speaking, is Shawniece's tongue always poking out?!?!?  It's driving me mad!  I can't concentrate on the show because I'm distracted by this.  Is it a medical condition?  Should I just google "tongue protrusion" (upon reflection, I will NOT google "tongue protrusion" no matter how curious I am)?  Am I the only person who is noticing this?

I did notice it big time when watching them driving in the car and arguing.  She had the short wig on and black jacket.  Anyhow, when she was seriously thinking, her mouth opens and her tongue sticks out, sort of like a child does.  She's not aware of it. It's one of those habits.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2018 at 5:35 PM, humbleopinion said:

I can watch the Finale knowing Jackie got away from Ryan's Toxicity to a better life out West.

My tables won't get flipped...

Good for her. He was going to continue drinking and going with his boys.

3 hours ago, Gobears said:

I hope this doesn't mean that Jon and Molly got back together...

Go bears, I think not a chance.

7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I did notice it big time when watching them driving in the car and arguing.  She had the short wig on and black jacket.  Anyhow, when she was seriously thinking, her mouth opens and her tongue sticks out, sort of like a child does.  She's not aware of it. It's one of those habits.

It is a tell.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I am one of those women. I'm 5'1 and my 16 yr old is about 6'1. Yes he plays basketball. Which btw, one takes a beating in those games as well. While its not like football, there are those that have had concussions from it (SIL's daughter had one from being slammed to the ground by another player). I saw over the weekend my son's eye get poked, which took him out of the game for a bit, and one of his teammates get elbowed so hard in the face his teeth were hurting (luckly not broken) and gave him a bloody nose. Soccer is just as bad as football IMO. Baseball can be a safer option (son played that too) but hell they get hit with those balls and it can leave a mark (been there with him). LOL 

I think the show let it out today on purpose. It leaves viewers that see that wondering if they are together or not. Yet really its after next week when most of these couples really spill the beans on if they are or not if we look at some past MAFS seasons. It also leaves viewers to wonder if Jephte is the father or not as well btw. Yet good luck to him...and more so if its a girl. 

What was a little much IMO was the fact she went to the ER over not feeling good and found out. SMH She also looks like she could be about 5 months along in that pic of her bump...maybe 6....wonder what is going through Jamie's mind. LOL

Jephite  I think is too self centered. And he doesn't love her he said some. Be like sir, that's not enough. I don't know exactly when this took place, but I think more towards last summer or last fall so she could very easily have been pregnant before she met him.

14 hours ago, crazychicken said:

LOL Jon has pushed her to try new things and be a better person yet she won't even cuddle her husband. Keep that spin going Molly she will still be playing the innocent until the days he dies. I really hope Jon tells her bluntly that she really did not try and he can't wait for the divorce to be finalized and never see her again. The looks she gives Jon when he will not play along are funny she really doesn't like to be called out.

I loved it when that 1 psychologist or host really gave it to her last week. She deserved everything horrible that's been given to her. He seemed like a very nice guy.

14 hours ago, crazychicken said:

I was so happy when John could not think of one thing that he got out of the situation. And he was right when he said he would like to go back and undo it. She certainly was not worth him losing his job. She is not worth anything.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Of course it's going to be Jephte's kid.  Even so, the question remains as to whether they are still married. 

Not of course

17 hours ago, crazychicken said:

There is a reunion next week May 1st at 9 pm which I think was 1.5 hours.

I hope John Lets Mally have a at the reuion. Lol 

23 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Molly fakes being nice and John tells them he wants to divorce any wishes he could undo everything.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, lezlers said:

This sounds suspiciously like the 'ol "the truth will come out" vague assertion that reality stars like to engage in when defending themselves absent any actual facts to defend themselves WITH.  I'm still waiting for Leah Messer's "truth" to come out about Corey that she's been yapping about for about 5 years now.  

I thought it was telling that she said to Jackie what the LENGTH of the text was, but not what she actually SAID.  Like they said in the podcast, she was likely just instructing him on what they should do the next week in order to maintain their image, since that seems to be the only thing Molly cares about.

Lion18,  We all know now that she lies.

• Love 1
On 4/19/2018 at 11:30 AM, discoprincess said:

So much for shipping a possible Jaclyn/Jon pairing...

It'd be hilarious to see how Ryan would react though.

I absolutely agree, gonecrackers!!!

7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Why was Shawnice shocked and surprised that she was pregnant?  They were having sex, weren't they?

Maybe Jephte is like Ryan and does not know what contraception is. I loved the Ryan lo-lights he really is an idiot.

• Love 5

Next week that box that Shawniece gives Jephte better contain baby socks to keep the joke going, if it is a pee stick I am going to be sorely disappointed.

Just because I can't stress enough that Ryan is an idiot (courtesy of Reddit) and WTF has Jamie done to her hair she looks like Witchy Poo.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

Next week that box that Shawniece gives Jephte better contain baby socks to keep the joke going, if it is a pee stick I am going to be sorely disappointed.

Just because I can't stress enough that Ryan is an idiot (courtesy of Reddit) and WTF has Jamie done to her hair she looks like Witchy Poo.

Is he for real? If Ryan truly does not know what "contraception" means, he should not be having sex! What a putz! Good job Dr. Pepper, Pastor Cal and other blond "expert" whose name escapes me right now.

• Love 7

Jamie had decent hair; don't get the look she's going for these days.  Yikes.  

Fascinating that Jephte, Jon, Pastor Cal, Pepper and all the inhabitants of the island of Jamaica knew Ryan was a tool, but not Jaclyn.  

Can't believe she stayed with him.  :::shivers:::

• Love 6

Bringing this over from the finale thread:

1 minute ago, Lusterleaf said:

I fast forwarded it to the end. Was surprised that Jackie and Ryan chose to stay together but I'm sure a month later they decided to end it. I am not sure why they released the news about Shawniece before the episode aired because that spoiled it.

I saw Jon was on Twitter saying there's a plot twist happening and we'll find out at the reunion. I wonder what it is. Maybe him and Jackie decided to get together?

Maybe Jon was referring to the revelation that Shawniece was pregnant?

I really don't understand why People magazine didn't wait until the day after Decision Day to reveal Shawniece's pregnancy. It wasn't as if that news couldn't have been kept under wraps for a little bit more.

Unless Jon and Jackie are doing an LDR (she's supposedly back in Arizona), I doubt they got together romantically (although revealing that on a reunion show would have been deliciously messy). 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, discoprincess said:

Maybe Jon was referring to the revelation that Shawniece was pregnant?

No, later in the same Twitter thread, he said that it's something else. I'm guessing the twist is that he's doing the Second Chances show.

Screenshot_3.png

• Love 4
7 hours ago, antfitz said:

Jephite  I think is too self centered. And he doesn't love her he said some. Be like sir, that's not enough. I don't know exactly when this took place, but I think more towards last summer or last fall so she could very easily have been pregnant before she met him.

I don't think he is self centered. I thought he got the shit edit from the get go in the season and by close to the end started coming off more mature then the rest of the cast. And of course he doesn't love her at that point. 8 weeks and he is suppose to magically be in love ? I would bet she wasn't in love with him yet either at that time. They obviously care for each other but love takes time for many. Especially more so when you are still in that getting to know you phase of a relationship. 

They had supposedly started filming them around August of last year so wrapping it up middle to end of October/maybe beginning of November. The pic at the bottom of the People article has her full on side view so you can see she is probably in her 2nd trimester from how she is showing. Could be further but no idea since we don't know when exactly that picture was taken either. Yet I imagine the box gift she is giving him is telling him she is pregnant. IMO considering they weren't in love at the end of the show and the timing for when she might have gotten pregnant is risky for the relationship. Like I said she looks to me like she is maybe around 5 months...maybe 6?? and if so she would have gotten pregnant long a month or 2 after the show ended. I think no matter how things go between the 2 in the future that he is a stand up kind of guy when it comes to family. I hope that having a baby will mellow her out some. 

2 hours ago, Gobears said:

No, later in the same Twitter thread, he said that it's something else. I'm guessing the twist is that he's doing the Second Chances show.

LOL If that was the case we know from the first go around of that shitfest how it would go and seems to bring out a different side to those folks. 

• Love 3
On 4/24/2018 at 3:37 PM, Gobears said:

I agree ! Football is SUCH a dangerous sport with all the possible head injuries. I don't get it much except that it involves people charging at each other and throwing themselves on top of each other in piles. 

About height - I'm no genetic expert but I have noticed a lot of times that kids seem to inherit height from their opposite sex parent. And when there is a major height difference between mom and dad, the kid is usually somewhere in the middle between them. If parents are same height, the boy tends to be a little taller than both of them and the girl tends to be a little shorter than both of them. Again, this is just my own observations. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 3

The reunion show was filmed not long after the final decision.    Tweets from the show producing company Kinetic Content said it was only 1 week after the final decision....while MAFSFan on twitter said it was 3 weeks and filmed in the middle of November.

From the same source the Unfiltered segments with Jamie were filed Dec 15, Jan 13 and Feb 9....they had Jamie wear the same outfit and hair so they could mix up the clips.   

From twitter a couple months ago,  there was a pic of Ryan and Jacyln from around New Year's at a  wedding and they appeared together, but obviously something happened since as they are no longer together now as she has moved to Arizona and has a new job there.  

They are filming Dallas now  and will be in Philly next

Edited by Northerner
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

That would be good if he's on Second Chances. I would say Jackie could be on that show too (since her and Ryan are most likely not together anymore) but I heard she moved to AZ.

It reminds be of Naked and Afraid. If a partner leaves within the first week they send in a new one. I think they should do that for this show ! ?

• Love 7

I think the pregnancy is a production driven stunt ... ooookaaay, maybe not. ;-/

They were talking babies so much at the final maybe she was very early pregnant already. I could see Shawniece being the type to roll out of bed & announce it.

What the hell is Nate doing on the new season?  He shouldn't have even been on his own season.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9