Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Dealbreakers

• Start Topic

Okay, I watched a bit of Unfiltered (don't like Jaime so don't watch it too often) and found it telling that when asked what love is/when she would feel like she was in love, Olivia answered that it would be when she felt supported by her husband and that he would do things with her.  She never referenced what she would do/feel for her husband but rather what he would do for her.  I think she really thinks the marriage should revolved around her.  And, she never seems to really have fun.  Of course, I also think Brett was really annoying at the bar.  So, maybe they are perfect for each other?

I also thought that Amelia was a bit offended when Bennett brought up cleanliness and her lack of washing the entire glass.  I think it's important to have some common areas of interests as well as one's own interests.  However, they are both so "quirky" that they could end up being too similar to each other.

I also think that Henry may have shared his thoughts with Amani hoping that she would then communicate them to Christina so that he would not have to tell her directly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

For all the talk of Woody being a player who his cousin can call to go out at 9p on a Thursday night, we learned he likes to go to bed early. He likes watching Amani do her hair. Also, he  wasn't having it when Amani was talking about divorce being an option. These two really could be together a few months. A few years. Or forever. 

Woody seems to be rooting for Henry and Christina. Maybe he should have talked to Henry and then given Christina his advice.   

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't have any problems understanding Woody, and I don't always have the closed caption on.  

Interestingly enough as a viewer of MAFS, I find Woody's way of speaking engaging. When I dated a guy who spoke in the California equivalent of the way Woody-speaks, I sometimes found listening to that dude exhausting because while I can code switch, I found myself translating what he said into something closer to the way I speak most of the time. I wonder what Woody sounds like at work.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I am sure I am a product of my environment in not liking armpit hair on women (and yes I am a woman). But we judge these people on their appearance all the time. Not sure why this one get such strong reactions. It's pretty fascinating to me, honestly.

Oh, I bristle at some of the judgements of the casts' appearance and wonder what the judges/judgers look like! But, some of my favorite people IRL are equally judgmental.  

1 hour ago, Mrs. Button said:

If it's so gross on women, shouldn't a male doctor with armpit hair be gross too? 

I'm a woman, had laser hair removal under my arms, and think men whose underarms that I will see with any regularity should at least trim their under arm hair. My doctors tend to be covered up enough that I have no guesses about their underarm hair situation. While Amelia and Bennet are my least favorite cast members, I simultaneously judge the way they stray from what typical people do and admire/respect them for it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

What the Hell with Jamie and Beth moving to the central coast?!  Are they rolling in money? Life Time money is not going to afford you a house in SB.  
Just tear up the lease? Geez this is a load of crap. 

I didn't see their season but I Applaud Jamie and Bath for being on the same page and being willing to continuously relocate and upgrade their living situation to try to get their ideal life. They probably can do more of this because at this point they're still not interested in having children and Jamie seems to have a great job that you can work remotely.  

4 hours ago, OnTime said:

And a lease that they just signed?

Hmmm, are we to believe they only had to pay a "termination fee"?

Wonder what that amount is? The rent for the next 11 months?

Who cares?  They're smart enough to create another narrative for next year couples cam.  I like smart cookies.  I know I will vicariously enjoy the shopping for a new home on the California coast because I didn't do it and now I won't be doing it, age related.  We don't want to watch them argue and fight all the time and traveling in the COVID-19 page not so much fun to watch. Clearly they love the camera and they have a right to enjoy that.

3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

You can really tell that Bennett is a writer. He uses words so thoughtfully and expressively!

Thanks for mentioning this because I've been appreciating his use of language the whole way through.  I loved it when he said he was feeling "ooey and gooey" about Amelia. He had a second line but I can't remember it but it's very vivid and and a unique way of expressing himself that we can all understand.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mrs. Button said:

The reason it's "gross" is because companies that sell razors have been marketing that concept for decades and decades. It's not for any real health or sanitary benefit, but because they want to make money. (It's nice that you don't act on it, not sure how you would — start an Armpit Militia? Oh dear!) If it's so gross on women, shouldn't a male doctor with armpit hair be gross too? To me it's sad when I see women use it as a tool to malign other women, maybe because I'm old & I tend to look at a person's substance not superficiality. If think someone is gross, it's because I think they are a Katie — e.g., lacking in substance, superficial, with a mean streak to boot. I don't care if Katie shaves her pits or not — to me her horrid character *is* gross & ugly to the bone.

I did say I’m a product of my environment, did I not? I also said I cannot stand the feeling of hair in my armpits, so there’s that. Not sure what difference it makes if Amelia is a doctor, nor why it matters if I don’t like hairy armpits on women. When I said I wouldn’t act on it, I meant either verbalizing distaste or staring. I also said I find hairy armpits on women gross; I did NOT say I find Amelia gross. I actually like her. I think she will make a nice, caring doctor with a pleasant bedside manner. And presumably, her arms will be covered, so it really doesn’t matter from a professional standpoint. Thus concludes my dissertation on armpit hair......

Oh, and of course I absolutely concur that character is infinitely more important than superficial stuff like armpit hair in judging a person! This forum kind of invites both low and high brow analysis though, you know? It’s honestly why I like it! 😋

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Amelia is exactly who I would want to have as my primary.

Olivia would be someone I would want as my RN.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could get a spin off show where Amelia is a new doctor and Olivia’s the nurse that attends? Kind of like a buddy cop show but with doctors. 

Actually, I came here to talk about the fact that Amani got a nose job, as evidenced by her appearance on Unfiltered, but no one here is talking about it. (Crosses arms and pouts.) I thought it looked nice.

When Miles apologized for the 14th time about a small thing that Karen blew up about, Karen made a face like she was searching for the next way to aggregate him and was drawing a blank. I think she is slowly running out of ways to test Miles, which I’m curious to see what happens then. And Miles is definitely on a mission to wear her down. He’s not being honest with her about how frustrated he is. I wish real experts would help them. Their communication style is toxic. Now she’s introducing tantric massages that are going to make Miles more frustrated and lead to 50-11 more ways Karen’s actions will be misinterpreted... which is exactly what Karen wants.

Henry and Christina used to be my favorite for the train wreck action, but now they’ve just settled into wreckage that can’t be salvaged. Can someone please put them out of their misery!?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lids said:

Actually, I came here to talk about the fact that Amani got a nose job, as evidenced by her appearance on Unfiltered, but no one here is talking about it. (Crosses arms and pouts.) I thought it looked nice.

Henry and Christina used to be my favorite for the train wreck action, but now they’ve just settled into wreckage that can’t be salvaged. Can someone please put them out of their misery!?

I noticed but I wasn’t sure. thought it was maybe a dermabrasion or different make up.

Good for Amani. She looks terrific.

Cool Turtle/Christinare done as marrieds but they can be friends and just ride out the next 5 weeks and go through the motions.

The real train wreck is BOlivia...and we will see their misery splattering all over our teevees in the weeks to come.

Edited by humbleopinion
43 minutes ago, lids said:

She definitely looked different. This episode was approximately three weeks after the wedding. So the first eight weeks of marriage might be mid-February to to mid-April. New Orleans sheltered in place in mid-March. When was this episode of Unfiltered taped? When would she have had the nose job? Was it that easy for a 29 yo who works at a nonprofit to afford and access elective cosmetic surgery during a pandemic?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/17/2020 at 11:52 AM, Boo Boo said:

Yes, these people sign up to get married at first sight. But they are strangers.  No one should be expected to have sex or be pressured for sex when they still don't know each other well.

I would have sex with a stranger instead of marrying one any day of the week (hey, don't knock it til you've tried it 😉). Not at any point in this lifetime would I televise either scenario.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

Was it that easy for a 29 yo who works at a nonprofit to afford and access elective cosmetic surgery during a pandemic?

They must receive some sort of compensation for this show and the follow-up series, right? 

The singing was beautiful. The costumes made zero sense. They were way beyond quirky. I think their friends are taking the piss out of the show and seeing how far they can go, but not in a mean or condescending way.

• Love 3
On 9/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, Boo Boo said:

I guess I'm the only one who understands why Karen was she was offended at "sex with my wife."  I would've been a little creeped out too.

Yes, these people sign up to get married at first sight. But they are strangers.  No one should be expected to have sex or be pressured for sex when they still don't know each other well.

They've been together over a month at this point.  Not exactly strangers.

"No one should be expected to have sex or be pressured for sex when they still don't know each other well."

It's probably a bad idea to pressure anyone even if they know each other well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Linarina said:

In what way is Amani's nose different on Unfiltered?  It looks the same to me!

But if so, maybe she could slip Olivia her surgeon's deets? 

I think it was her flawless makeup and the straightened hair style which changes her profile.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVGlow said:

They must receive some sort of compensation for this show and the follow-up series, right? 

Maybe. Like Kira53, I thought she looked different due to make up and the way her straight hair was pulled back. Even as a MAFS breakout star, it might have been hard to schedule an an appointment for cosmetic surgery during a time when health care providers were postponing non-emergency appointments and procedures. Maybe Louisiana was more lax about these things. But, one of my colleagues had brain surgery postponed! 

Edited by RaeSpellman
deleted extra words
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I also thought that Amelia was a bit offended when Bennett brought up cleanliness and her lack of washing the entire glass.  I think it's important to have some common areas of interests as well as one's own interests.  However, they are both so "quirky" that they could end up being too similar to each other.

I'm not sure if it was offense or she was actually surprised to discover you wash the entire glass when doing dishes.  Makes me wonder about her knowledge of and adherence to medical hygiene practices.  You can be sure I'd never visit her in a professional capacity at this point.  

I'm glad they found one another, because I couldn't imagine either of them inflicted on anyone else.  My fear about them lasting long term is that she takes Bennett's willing nature as a license to use him.  She played along with the little game about dividing up the household chores, but left to her own devices she would never have brought it up and just let him do it all or it wouldn't get done.  She's decided that she is the breadwinner, period, and he will do everything else, which is apparently how her parents handled things.  She's impressed that she's a doctor and just waiting for him to accept that he's her inferior.

• Love 1

Thanks for mentioning that it was on Unfiltered where Amani's nose seemed different. I couldn't figure out where that was shown in the weekly show. I don't watch that because of the host.

Also, did anyone else notice that when Bennett's tin foil covered friends showed up, Amelia hugged them both and THEN Bennett introduced them? Either she greets everyone who comes to their home with a hug, or figured out that they were friendly aliens, or it was more production silliness.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Also, did anyone else notice that when Bennett's tin foil covered friends showed up, Amelia hugged them both and THEN Bennett introduced them? Either she greets everyone who comes to their home with a hug, or figured out that they were friendly aliens, or it was more production silliness.

Amelia was clued in for a surprise and figured the knock on the door was it.

Anyone who shows up at the Krischner/Fatsi household with gold gilded paper horns twisted around the head of a pipe cleaner bespectacled singer/guitar player accompanied by The Madonna with celestial crown or a  blue accented vayjayjay  is granted a hug by Amelia who figures if it isn't one of her quirkster friends it is one of Bennett's.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Amelia was clued in for a surprise and figured the knock on the door was it.

Anyone who shows up at the Krischner/Fatsi household with gold gilded paper horns twisted around the head of a pipe cleaner bespectacled singer/guitar player accompanied by The Madonna with celestial crown or a  blue accented vayjayjay  is granted a hug by Amelia who figures if it isn't one of her quirkster friends it is one of Bennett's.

This description basically sums up why some people are exhausted by the extreme quirkiness 😂

I continue to be flabbergasted yet intrigued by their ongoing hippy downgrade to that sleek apartment. This week I saw the beaded curtain. What the what!??

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

She definitely looked different. This episode was approximately three weeks after the wedding. So the first eight weeks of marriage might be mid-February to to mid-April. New Orleans sheltered in place in mid-March. When was this episode of Unfiltered taped? When would she have had the nose job? Was it that easy for a 29 yo who works at a nonprofit to afford and access elective cosmetic surgery during a pandemic?

Yes, her nose is definitely different. Ugh, I wish I hadn’t deleted the Unfiltered episode, but here is a picture of what Amani normally looks like, even with her hair pulled back.

Amani-Married-at-First-Sight.jpg?w=800&q
You can see her nostrils and you can see the piercing stud inside her nose. On Unfiltered it was nothing like that.

It’s possible she had a temporary nose job where they put Juvederm in your bridge to make your nose appear narrower. If it was during lockdown, I guess that’s what it was, but that procedure doesn’t normally change your nostrils. I don’t know when these episodes are filmed. 

Eh, eventually someone will put the episode on Youtube and I’ll be able to side-by-side the photos and give my diagnosis and expert opinion, lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lids said:

Yes, her nose is definitely different. Ugh, I wish I hadn’t deleted the Unfiltered episode, but here is a picture of what Amani normally looks like, even with her hair pulled back.

You can see her nostrils and you can see the piercing stud inside her nose. On Unfiltered it was nothing like that.

It’s possible she had a temporary nose job where they put Juvederm in your bridge to make your nose appear narrower. If it was during lockdown, I guess that’s what it was, but that procedure doesn’t normally change your nostrils. I don’t know when these episodes are filmed. 

Eh, eventually someone will put the episode on Youtube and I’ll be able to side-by-side the photos and give my diagnosis and expert opinion, lol.

I’m no plastic surgery expert, so I will just leave this here. Discuss among yourselves. (Either way, she is a beautiful woman.) 🙂

70BE5768-16BB-4368-A6D4-EE1DE6EF2D40.jpeg

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Cancun said:

I’m no plastic surgery expert, so I will just leave this here. Discuss among yourselves. (Either way, she is a beautiful woman.) 🙂

70BE5768-16BB-4368-A6D4-EE1DE6EF2D40.jpeg

Yes! Thank you. You can see in the left picture that her nose is pointy-er. Not as round as the original. She is also facing up in the left pic, so you can see up her nostrils a bit. But if she was faced the same way as the other picture, you could see the difference more. My verdict: Possibly just fillers in the bridge of her nose though, not a full nose job.

Also, I loved her makeup and dress. It’s like Karen came dressed to the nines for one of the Unfiltereds and now all the ladies stepped it up a bit.

I'm tired of the word "impatient" being used when what Henry clearly means is that Christina is rude. In fact, when he was talking to Amani, he said.... "Sometimes she's impatient.... um, to be blank [sic}, she's rude to production." (I think he either meant to say 'to be point blank' or 'to be blunt' there, but in true Henry fashion, he choked on it a little.) But Amani went back to Christina and said, "He says you're impatient!"

I thought it was a big moment when Henry said outright that she is rude to production, confirming what so many of us have already seen and suspected. And of course rudeness is a dealbreaker. Patience is something that can be learned, but there are very few rude adults who are capable of making a miraculous transformation into politeness. She's rude because she thinks she's superior to others, and that isn't going to change.

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, lids said:

You can see Amani's head shot at 10 minutes into Unfiltered.  It appears to be highlighting on the bridge of the nose to make the bridge seem higher.  I guess it could be Juvéderm but it looks like the kind of makeup that they used on Oprah so that at different times I thought Oprah had a nose job.  Nostrils are the same to me; they don't have a round shape but a slight oval in both pic. Much more eye makeup with heavy lashes and eyebrows.   Amani has the facial structure that great makeup (professional) can give you a different appearance.  Her wedding make up wasn't very good for her and many were surprised to see how much prettier she was without the wedding make up. I think she can look different with different makeup techniques.  I remember a few people said that she's gonna look back at her wedding pictures and say, "why did I let them do this to me?"

• Love 1
On 9/17/2020 at 9:01 AM, cardigirl said:

I liked some of this episode, but please, please, please, do not try to sell me on Olivia being a princess who needs to be rescued. 

On 9/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, Ilovepie said:

And judging by the chilliness of everyone on Unfiltered, including Pastor Cal, I don't think any of them have any warm feelings toward Brett particularly.

I thought it was totally uncalled for when Pastor Cal said Brett's sarcasm was emotionally unintelligent. 

There was another comment on Unfiltered by Pastor Cal, something about how wonderful (or some other word like that) Olivia is...and the unsaid part was how awful Brett was and how difficult it was for her to put up with him.  Now I am not a Brett fan at all, but Olivia certainly has her faults.  There must be some pretty bad stuff that Brett does during covid, to have Pastor Cal be so blatantly in favor of one partner in a couple.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

She should have been honest in her dealbreakers, one being a man with an income at least as much as hers.  I see Brett affectionately interact more with his rescue kitty more than she is with him.  Has she tried to make a meal, nope she remarked that’s his job, hers is to put the dishes in the dishwasher.  I also her her say those antiques weren’t hers so apparently she hasn’t even cough up cash even to the parents to furnish her yard less “bungalow”.  If anyone is the skinflint it’s her, not only with $, but affection and humor as well.  She checked out as soon as she realized that she didn’t land a high roller.  I can’t see why Brett even pretends to try with her, she made up her mind early on almost everything since comes up as a complaint.  I’d rather deal with his sarcasm than her whining frozen scowl face.  I’ll pass on her being my NP, unless somewhere hidden there is some actual pleasant personality that she saves for the folks paying for her services (no going to say “care” as so far her only care is for  the finer things  in life.)

• Love 3
On 9/18/2020 at 1:33 PM, humbleopinion said:

Amelia is exactly who I would want to have as my primary.

Olivia would be someone I would want as my RN.

Olivia is a nurse practitioner. She could very well be diagnosing and treating you; much more likely than taking your vital signs at the bedside.

• Love 6
On 9/18/2020 at 5:10 PM, Mrs. Button said:

The reason it's "gross" is because companies that sell razors have been marketing that concept for decades and decades. It's not for any real health or sanitary benefit, but because they want to make money. (It's nice that you don't act on it, not sure how you would — start an Armpit Militia? Oh dear!) If it's so gross on women, shouldn't a male doctor with armpit hair be gross too? To me it's sad when I see women use it as a tool to malign other women, maybe because I'm old & I tend to look at a person's substance not superficiality. If think someone is gross, it's because I think they are a Katie — e.g., lacking in substance, superficial, with a mean streak to boot. I don't care if Katie shaves her pits or not — to me her horrid character *is* gross & ugly to the bone.

I guess this is taking things a little too seriously for me. Honestly, if someone thinks armpit hair is unappealing, so what? we all snark here on dirty feet, unkempt hair, and even things that people can't change like Brett's nose and Christina's chin. I have fun here; I don't necessarily want to get deep into feminist principles or the evils of big corporations. But hey, I won't argue anyone's right to voice their opinions.

• Love 11
On 9/19/2020 at 9:34 AM, eyelash said:

She played along with the little game about dividing up the household chores, but left to her own devices she would never have brought it up and just let him do it all or it wouldn't get done. 

In addition, she chose the "non-chores" that Bennett dreamed up, like answering the door and getting the mail. Those aren't chores!

I looked Amelia up and noticed she is in residency in my area. Interesting!

19 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

This week I saw the beaded curtain. What the what!??

From a 2005 NYT article..."The Allure of Beaded Curtains"

Bead curtains give a gentle sense of separation. They filter light but allow plenty through. They give a sense of privacy while providing a view. They are the ultimate noncurtain, whether used in a window or doorway, or as a room divider.

Perfect for Benmelia...A pocket sliding door would be too harsh of a barrier.

A kind reminder to the production crew that they stay on the "public side" of the beads.

The sensual texture of strings of beads appeals to their tactile senses...Shades of Grey?

The sounds is a nudge to that part of their brains that are musically developed.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/18/2020 at 3:43 PM, seacliffsal said:

I also think that Henry may have shared his thoughts with Amani hoping that she would then communicate them to Christina so that he would not have to tell her directly.

I think Christina asked Amani to talk to Henry or Amani volunteered. Somehow, they were involved.

In love?? That's new. He said he loved her before. It's premature. He doesn't know her completely. He can love everything so far, but there's plenty more to discover, so he should slow down & enjoy the process or new discoveries might hit hard.

Oh Woodrow. I think this is just a case of him misspeaking again. He meant what we all say about this experiment: they're married, so they actually have to try to work through stuff, instead of run away when they encounter things they dislike. Like how single people typically do.

WHERE is Karen's accountability for her disrespect of leaving & not telling her husband she was staying elsewhere?? I hope Miles addressed that. Unsafe? REALLY?? NAH!! Hurtful? HOW?? Disrespected? Somewhat reasonable. WHY is she choosing to feel that way about her husband who made a simple mistake?? She should've taken responsibility for her role in it, she did set him up by saying a date after all. She should've answered the question. He finally asked the right one. They, "should be more attentive to each other and considerate in our actions & what we say and what we do." That's RICH!! 😂😂 They both messed up & I hope she owned her part & apologized accordingly. What's the boundary?

• Love 1

I got it! Henry is only concerned about HIMSELF! He doesn't care about what his wife wants or needs. That's very bad. However, it's not worse than checking out because he's turned off by her behavior. She definitely messed up with all her negativity. That's a basic no-no! Then the confrontational interrogation without listening. Oy! Her attitude is repulsive. They're both failing miserably.

20 hours ago, lids said:

Yes! Thank you. You can see in the left picture that her nose is pointy-er. Not as round as the original. She is also facing up in the left pic, so you can see up her nostrils a bit. But if she was faced the same way as the other picture, you could see the difference more. My verdict: Possibly just fillers in the bridge of her nose though, not a full nose job.

Also, I loved her makeup and dress. It’s like Karen came dressed to the nines for one of the Unfiltereds and now all the ladies stepped it up a bit.

I don't see any difference in the photos!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

I think this might be evidence of how much she inhabiting a persona for the show.  🙂 She and Bennett both .

I would argue that her professional look is her inhabiting a persona, and her personal look is her real self. I do that all the time. I wear jeans and flip flops in my personal life most of the time. My hair is in a pony and I might put on mascara and fill in my eyebrows. But when I get dressed for work (I am a Controller), I have heels, slacks, blouses, skirts. My hair is done and so is my face. Obviously she cannot go to work as a doctor and expect to get taken seriously in her crazy clothes and earrings with her hair wet and unbrushed. I don’t think she’s trying to be Patch Adams.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 9/18/2020 at 9:45 PM, Linarina said:

In what way is Amani's nose different on Unfiltered?  It looks the same to me!

But if so, maybe she could slip Olivia her surgeon's deets? 

I try real hard not to even notice people's physical anomalies, much less judge them, but her nose jumps out at me in those profile shots, which there seem to be a lot of. 

3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I would argue that her professional look is her inhabiting a persona, and her personal look is her real self. I do that all the time. I wear jeans and flip flops in my personal life most of the time. My hair is in a pony and I might put on mascara and fill in my eyebrows. But when I get dressed for work (I am a Controller), I have heels, slacks, blouses, skirts. My hair is done and so is my face. Obviously she cannot go to work as a doctor and expect to get taken seriously in her crazy clothes and earrings with her hair wet and unbrushed. I don’t think she’s trying to be Patch Adams.....

This is such a good point. At work I am dressed professionally with my hair out and in make up. When I have some time to relax I wear no make up and have my hair up in a top bun or "pineapple" because I cook and do not want to get hair in the food.

This is the real me but not what I choose to present in a professional atmosphere.

• Love 7

Not sure how Henry hasn't been direct with ChristinA; he's told her enough times she's impatient & he doesn't like it. He conceded with an apology, but somewhere in all her words he said he did tell her it was a deal breaker, unless something changed, & also mentioned things were improving. I kind of understand her not wanting to get invested, but to force him to answer her on a decision at that moment was pointless unless she's looking to get out of the process. I think he was making things sound better than they were for him, though.

Amani getting involved was wrong, & she should've told ChristinA to talk to her own husband or an 'expert'.  Then when ChristinA asked what they discussed I immediately sensed she was setting Henry up in case he was to sugar coat anything he had said to Amani. But he was honest so she got what she was fishing for.

The song for Amelia was cute but those costumes were just ridiculous. 🙄

Bennett was forthcoming in why past relationships have ended for him, but Amelia once said she falls in love very easily, & neglected to mention why nothing has lasted (that I can recall). Makes me wonder if she sees through rose colored glasses until her partner finally falls off his pedestal & then she's done. I still don't think they'll last the long haul, & now I think Amelia will be the one to want to move on.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Not sure how Henry hasn't been direct with ChristinA; he's told her enough times she's impatient & he doesn't like it. He conceded with an apology, but somewhere in all her words he said he did tell her it was a deal breaker, unless something changed, & also mentioned things were improving. I kind of understand her not wanting to get invested, but to force him to answer her on a decision at that moment was pointless unless she's looking to get out of the process. I think he was making things sound better than they were for him, though.

Amani getting involved was wrong, & she should've told ChristinA to talk to her own husband or an 'expert'.  Then when ChristinA asked what they discussed I immediately sensed she was setting Henry up in case he was to sugar coat anything he had said to Amani. But he was honest so she got what she was fishing for.

The song for Amelia was cute but those costumes were just ridiculous. 🙄

Bennett was forthcoming in why past relationships have ended for him, but Amelia once said she falls in love very easily, & neglected to mention why nothing has lasted (that I can recall). Makes me wonder if she sees through rose colored glasses until her partner finally falls off his pedestal & then she's done. I still don't think they'll last the long haul, & now I think Amelia will be the one to want to move on.

I think Henry has been pretty honest with Christina but I think she thought things were turning around because he was complementing her recently. She thought they had turned a corner, when in truth he still is not into her.

In my opinion, Henry is never going to like Christina as a romantic partner. He did not like her physically when she walked down the aisle and her personality turned him off even more. He wants a petite woman with a more laid back personality.

I can see him begin to like her as a person and eventually becoming friends after they divorce (non spoiler, just speculation...I think there is very little chance that Henry will want to stay married).

• Love 7
Just now, qtpye said:

I can see him begin to like her as a person and eventually becoming friends after they divorce (non spoiler, just speculation...I think there is very little chance that Henry will want to stay married).

I'm not sure ChristinA will want to stay friends with Henry after a divorce. I also don't understand why she wants him to want her so badly - the what can I turn into for you to love me thing was over the top. No one can change to make someone love them. She seems kind of above that but maybe she's as insecure as Henry. Either that or she's disingenuous & doesn't really want Henry that badly, just reassurance, or perhaps sympathy from the production people she's previously pissed off.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Bennett was forthcoming in why past relationships have ended for him, but Amelia once said she falls in love very easily, & neglected to mention why nothing has lasted (that I can recall).  I still don't think they'll last the long haul, & now I think Amelia will be the one to want to move on.

ChristinA and Henry have progressed in their relationship...It is clear that they are not forever marrieds but a truce is in the making...they will cooperate to finish the season's filming.

Not as much anger and disappointment registering on their faces.

Unlike Brett and Auntie Olivia...where her resentment and disappointment oozes out of her pores...I can see one of them abandoning ship.

Amelia said her relationships have been short lived because mama is a rolling stone...moving every couple of years for school.

• Love 2