Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Dealbreakers

• Start Topic

On 9/17/2020 at 3:55 PM, lizajane said:

That drove me nuts! But I will admit to being a bit OCD - I have two mattress pads on my bed.  And also her ambivalence about whether the fitted sheet was inside out or not. It would have been very simple to reverse it - it's not like the bed was all made up.

I went back and found this comment because I was just making up my bed and the fitted sheet has started to pill, which pisses me off no end.  It looks like it's pilling only on the "correct" side, so I'm thinking that if I put it on "inside out," it won't be pilly.  It's one of the new kinds with all the elastic on the corners, so it's going to look like hell but least I can't feel that.

I'd take ambivalence over this crap any day.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:55 PM, lizajane said:

ChristinA has a strange sense of humour - that pregnancy joke went over like a lead balloon.

Good.  I hate "jokes" like that.

You want to engage in jokery?  Horse walks into a bar.  Bartender says, "Why the long face?"

Nobody has a heart attack with that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

From a 2005 NYT article..."The Allure of Beaded Curtains"

Bead curtains give a gentle sense of separation. They filter light but allow plenty through. They give a sense of privacy while providing a view. They are the ultimate noncurtain, whether used in a window or doorway, or as a room divider.

Perfect for Benmelia...A pocket sliding door would be too harsh of a barrier.

A kind reminder to the production crew that they stay on the "public side" of the beads.

The sensual texture of strings of beads appeals to their tactile senses...Shades of Grey?

The sounds is a nudge to that part of their brains that are musically developed.

Thanks for the info on beaded room separators. I love seeing the beads because it is unique to them and shows their parallel decorating influences. They seem very compatible in every way.  

12 hours ago, Lindz said:

I think Christina asked Amani to talk to Henry or Amani volunteered. Somehow, they were involved.

That was production. They need to have some thing going on and in that case Amani didn't really think that she shouldn't be involved. Maybe she is looking to move up in the franchise and be one of the experts or the host of unfiltered.

9 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I don't see any difference in the photos!

Me either.  I guess this is an example of people seeing the same thing so differently.  People see the scenes and the "characters"  (wives and grooms) so differently in their motives and intentions and they're watching exactly the same thing. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised at people see changes in someone's nose that appear to be make up to me.  I'm going to make sure that I never have to face a jury of 12 people because you don't know what people are thinking and white people are believing about exactly the same thing. I wouldn't want to have this group judging me!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

ChristinA has a strange sense of humour - that pregnancy joke went over like a lead balloon.

Good.  I hate "jokes" like that.

I think that joke was thought up by production and Christina, who's had her rude behavior pushed back in her face recently, was reticent to tell them 'no way, this is stupid'.   Because it was, and I just don't think it was her idea to say it.  

I don't think Christina & Henry will remain friends after the final.  As Christina starts watching the show play out, she will see how weird Henry is and legitimately be pissed off at both the experts and Henry for turning her first marriage into a divorce.  Because they did.  Henry shouldn't have applied for the show and the experts shouldn't have foisted him off on anyone.  

Something about this season feels off to me...does anyone else think so?  Too much discussion about "Production" on camera...they were loathe to show anything behind the scenes and the couples would hardly ever make mention of the cameras following them in past seasons.  Now Christina tells Henry if he will be honest about his feelings she will make him look like a golden child on camera.  Also, too much interaction with the other couples.  A few times OK but not every episode.  And that ties in nicely with why Amani is now Julie McCoy, the Cruise Director on the Love Boat.  Don't they have experts to ferret out if couples are getting along or not?  I love Amani, but she needed to MYOB and not get involved with Henry & Christina's marital problems. 

Finally, I refuse to believe Amelia & Bennett were a happy coincidence.  They just do not ring true to me.  Friends and loved ones, like we see them do for untalented American Idol Contestants, would have told one or both they were too "quirky" meaning weird to match up with most people who apply for that show.  But wow...there isn't anything these two crazy kids do that the other just doesn't luv.  You match either one of them up with 99.9% of all contestants who've ever applied for MAFS and it would have been a disaster...even Neal!  I think the show helped or arranged things in advance so they would both be selected for the show.  I'm not saying Bennett & Amelia are not a real couple...just that how the show brought them together is suspicious, IMO.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, JapMo said:

Something about this season feels off to me...does anyone else think so?  Too much discussion about "Production" on camera...they were loathe to show anything behind the scenes and the couples would hardly ever make mention of the cameras following them in past seasons.  Now Christina tells Henry if he will be honest about his feelings she will make him look like a golden child on camera.  Also, too much interaction with the other couples.  A few times OK but not every episode.  And that ties in nicely with why Amani is now Julie McCoy, the Cruise Director on the Love Boat.  Don't they have experts to ferret out if couples are getting along or not?  I love Amani, but she needed to MYOB and not get involved with Henry & Christina's marital problems. 

I think Amani’s involvement is producer-driven for sure. You asked if something is off with this season. I don’t know if something is wrong, but it’s certainly boring as hell. With a few exceptions, the contestants don’t come across on TV as interesting people. Not every couple has to have toxic drama like Brandon cursing out everyone on the party bus or Matt staying away for three days. I’m not even saying that couples have to have heated arguments followed by heated—or basic Caucasian— make-up sex, ala Jamie and Beth. But when we come here to discuss the episodes, I feel like we’re basically saying the same things week after week because there isn’t much to discuss. And it’s not like the couples are happy and boring. The majority of them are miserable and boring.  

• Love 2

I don't think this season is boring, at all! I think this is one of the better seasons they've ever had. There are some legitimate matches here and I find Brett and Olivia fascinating because they clearly dislike each other so much. Neither one is right, and neither one is wrong, which is different than so many dysfunctional couples in the past. I find all of the couples this year interesting in their own way.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Dena0033 said:

I don't think this season is boring, at all! I think this is one of the better seasons they've ever had. There are some legitimate matches here and I find Brett and Olivia fascinating because they clearly dislike each other so much. Neither one is right, and neither one is wrong, which is different than so many dysfunctional couples in the past. I find all of the couples this year interesting in their own way.

That's fair. Thanks for your insight. *no sarcasm here*

• Love 2
1 hour ago, topanga said:

I don’t know if something is wrong, but it’s certainly boring as hell.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: It's the total staging of EVERYTHING that makes it boring. They all live in the same spaces and do the same activities, mostly with each other. Frankly, it provided more variety when they didn't interact and all lived in different places. And don't get me started on the forced producer activities. Just awful.

I do think this is a good mix between happy, horrible and maybe couples. I for one do not miss the jackassery of the last few seasons. If this had been that, I would probably have been done for good.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again: It's the total staging of EVERYTHING that makes it boring. They all live in the same spaces and do the same activities, mostly with each other. Frankly, it provided more variety when they didn't interact and all lived in different places. And don't get me started on the forced producer activities. Just awful.

I do think this is a good mix between happy, horrible and maybe couples. I for one do not miss the jackassery of the last few seasons. If this had been that, I would probably have been done for good.

Last season was painful. I couldn't even finish watching the season--I came here for updates. The amount of hurt and anger spewing from 4 out of 5 couples was downright depressing. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, topanga said:

But when we come here to discuss the episodes, I feel like we’re basically saying the same things week after week because there isn’t much to discuss.

As a long time viewer.... you have Early Onset MAFS Fatigue.

With 3 or more regular episodes, then 1 or 2 Decision Day episodes and then the Reunion episode...you have hit the wall early.

Hard to say what concessions are being made for Covid filming.

The Lifetime site says 16 episodes and a Reunion show...how they slice and dice them is unknown.

Consider not watching the next 2-3 weeks because it is the doldrums of the season with fake urgency of the upcoming Decision Day to annoy you...

You are not in the mood to watch the sausage being made...so don't.

The hard headed will be here.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dena0033 said:

27 minutes ago, topanga said:

Last season was painful. I couldn't even finish watching the season--I came here for updates. The amount of hurt and anger spewing from 4 out of 5 couples was downright depressing. 

I hated last season. Most of the couples were horrible matches and the one successful couple was nice but boring as hell.

This season, Amelia and Bennett/Woody and Amani (Who I think are going to be successful) are so much fun!

I think Miles and Karen will make it...mostly because Miles is so committed and seems totally smitten with his bride.

Henry and Christina are not a match but have learned to communicate and are opening up to each other slowly. This is much better than Brandon throwing a hissy fit and walking off for every little thing or Taylor doing passive/aggressive bullshit. Don't even get me started on Katy, Zack, and Michael from last season (what disasters).

Olivia and Brett are interesting because their type of incompatibility is not often much discussed on rom/coms or anywhere else in popular society.

There is a popular assumption that love will trump all financial considerations which is total bullshit.  Most divorces occur over money...much more so than cheating.

Olivia and Brett were attracted to each other physically and seemed to get along well. Then we found out they both want completely different life styles and have totally dissimilar attitudes regarding money. Because neither is willing to compromise, this will become an insurmountable obstacle that has probably already killed their marriage.

So far...I am enjoying this season.

• Love 6
On 9/20/2020 at 2:07 PM, Boo Boo said:

I don't see any difference in the photos!

giphy.gif

Lol. I feel like once the episode is posted on YouTube, viewers will see it. It’s a pointy nose people! The Unfiltered YouTube usually posts the episodes on Mondays, but it’s not there yet. That’s ok, I’ve got time. 😂 In the meantime, here’s a picture from Reality TV World blog.

28335-l.jpg

• LOL 1
34 minutes ago, Dena0033 said:

Totally agree.  I love how people see the same things so differently.

• Love 3
On 9/17/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ilovepie said:

OMG! I totally forgot about that weirdness! I thought they were her friends, but his are apparently just as strange! And then they opened their mouths and it sounded great! Please producers of MAFS, hire Amelia and these weirdos to do the music for this show because both have been better than the dreck that they play. I honestly do not know how they found two people who were so perfect for each other and would be a fucking disaster for anyone else. I guess there really is a lid for every pot!

I actually liked Amelia's pink swiss dot chiffon blouse and flowered pants..........

Was kind of surprised she didn't list his sleep dress as something about him she didn't like........

So funny, I was thinking the same thing about the music. My daughter and I laugh all of the time about the crap, second hand music they play on this show. I said out loud that they should hire these two! And I was alone. Don't judge. 

• Love 2

My two cents:

Woody and Amani - love them. I was concerned initially that Woody was a player, but he has made a few comments about his understanding of marriage ("She makes more money than you, deal with it") and he is completely open to listening and accepting his wife's opinion (e.g., about corporal punishment). He does not get defensive, and neither does she. I think they will stay together.

Amelia and Bennett - love them. I cannot remember a season in which I watched a couple and thought, I want my daughter to watch this and see how easy marriage can be if you both want it to be. I feel the same way about Woody and Amani.  I know there have been many comments about cleanliness, etc., but watch how they discuss everything and both feel comfortable that in giving their own opinions they will still be appreciated. I absolutely love how they make everything an "adventure" - for example, the fact that they decided to do a draft for household chores. I laughed out loud at "make uncomfortable phone calls" and "deal with interloping animals." That's what makes a marriage fun. I think they will stay together.

Brett and Olivia - well. I think the editing initially made him look like an ass (which he was) but now we are seeing how rigid she is about her demands from a husband. I think he is reacting to that by being even more difficult, like he was at trivia night. By the way, that was not trivia as others have posted.  She is expecting him to be like her, and he is pushing back. I think they will get a divorce.

Christina and Henry - where do I start. Let's face it - he is not attracted to her physically or mentally or emotionally or any which way. And he is too polite to say that, and she is pushing it. If a man is attracted to a woman, she does not have to keep asking why he is not attracted to her. Not his type, not her type, move on. Plus, she has this Disney princess thing in her head and she is not a Disney princess by any definition. I predict divorce.

Miles and Karen - Love Miles. Karen, despite her age, is a bit immature when it comes to relationships. However, she is just not attracted to him despite what she says. That's the thing about chemistry (see Amani and Woody above) - you put up with a LOT when you are physically attracted to someone. The whole thing about "sex with my wife" was a little annoying, but come on,  you were not unsafe. He was attracted to you and you were not attracted to him. That being said, I like them both and hope they work out.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Ginger said:

Miles and Karen - Love Miles. Karen, despite her age, is a bit immature when it comes to relationships. However, she is just not attracted to him despite what she says. That's the thing about chemistry (see Amani and Woody above) - you put up with a LOT when you are physically attracted to someone. The whole thing about "sex with my wife" was a little annoying, but come on,  you were not unsafe. He was attracted to you and you were not attracted to him. That being said, I like them both and hope they work out.

I'm over Karen.  I gave her slack for awhile but she hasn't been honest about her lack of interest in Miles and keeps piling on phony excuse after phony excuse.  She's Ashley and he's David from Season 3.  The audience sees she's not in to him, the experts see it, and if he would stop being a doormat so would Miles.  I don't think they will stay together in the long run, but I believe Karen will be too afraid to end it at the final reveal and she will give Miles more hope, only to finally pack her bags and go a few weeks later.

Karen should be honest with Pastor Cal and tell him she's not attracted to Miles and ask for his help in telling him.  

• Love 6
On 9/17/2020 at 12:57 AM, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Henry has been pretty consistent in what he says to Christina, what he says in talking heads, and what he says to the other cast members. Yet, Christina said she was surprised to find out that Henry thought her impatience was a dealbreaker.

On 9/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, seacliffsal said:

I also think that Henry may have shared his thoughts with Amani hoping that she would then communicate them to Christina so that he would not have to tell her directly.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:01 PM, gonecrackers said:

Not sure how Henry hasn't been direct with ChristinA; he's told her enough times she's impatient & he doesn't like it. He conceded with an apology, but somewhere in all her words he said he did tell her it was a deal breaker, unless something changed, & also mentioned things were improving. I kind of understand her not wanting to get invested, but to force him to answer her on a decision at that moment was pointless unless she's looking to get out of the process. I think he was making things sound better than they were for him, though.

The problem is that it's not her "impatience" he has a problem with, it's her rudeness.  He said it to Amani right away; perhaps he was hoping she'd help him out.  I myself was wishing that she would.  Unless and until Christina understands that "impatience" is a euphemism for "rudeness" they are going to keep having this conversation and it will never be resolved.

In addition to this being the season with the least amount of ANY physical affection, it also seems to be the season with the least amount of "experts."  I guess we've seen Cal once, and Viv pops up in the pink dress to carefully focus one eye on the cue cards and read her little script, but that's about it.  Pepper?  Off inspecting the underwear of the next season's contestants?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, princelina said:

The problem is that it's not her "impatience" he has a problem with, it's her rudeness.  He said it to Amani right away; perhaps he was hoping she'd help him out.  I myself was wishing that she would.  Unless and until Christina understands that "impatience" is a euphemism for "rudeness" they are going to keep having this conversation and it will never be resolved.

True, from what I've seen she's been very rude. I don't think Amani should have been involved at all though. I doubt she wanted to be - was probably production interfering again. Awkward

8 hours ago, princelina said:

In addition to this being the season with the least amount of ANY physical affection, it also seems to be the season with the least amount of "experts."  I guess we've seen Cal once, and Viv pops up in the pink dress to carefully focus one eye on the cue cards and read her little script, but that's about it.  Pepper?  Off inspecting the underwear of the next season's contestants?

FWIW Viv did a Q&A; I saw a synopsis on Reddit & one of the things she said was the 'experts' are more involved than is shown. Kind of makes them look even worse, though, IMO. 🤭

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

ChristinA's storyline is her impatience is what prevented Henry from getting over his first impression of her...whether it was the sole reason is neither here not there...

Henry's inability to dominate her with bossing her around, not taking control of the wheel, being sexually unaggressive and showing zero moves to heat up their love life are big red waving flags flapping in the stiff wind that the audience sees metaphorically but the the couple and production will just ignore as they go through the motions of the formulated show....

They are more watchable now that Cool Turtle can talk to her without ticing in full coherent sentences and ChristinA has come to a slow realization that Henry is the hand dealt to her.

5 weeks is a long time and lots of bottles of red wine to just tolerate him instead of making friends and maybe gain a smidge of personal growth.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, JapMo said:

Karen should be honest with Pastor Cal and tell him she's not attracted to Miles and ask for his help in telling him.  

I think Pastor Cal would be the LAST person to help with that message. He always downplays chemistry and attraction and doesn't buy that excuse as a reason a relationship that was "hand picked" won't work out. Maybe Dr. P?  (Viv would insist they sleep together first and then make that decision.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, princelina said:

Yep. I don't know why he can't just say this to her! Is saying "you're being rude" worse than saying "you're impatient"? Or maybe even couching it in these terms: "It makes me extremely uncomfortable when you argue with the production crew. I have trouble getting past that." He is terrible at communication though, which is why he shouldn't have been picked for this show. He is basically the antithesis of Bennett who is comfortable with who he is and able to verbalize every thought eloquently..........

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

He is basically the antithesis of Bennett who is comfortable with who he is and able to verbalize every thought eloquently..........

Bennett did say this is the first relationship he is able to be free to be his authentic self, that in the past he has curated himself to become the person his previous gfs wanted him to be instead of his true self.

Henry's behaviors peeved and enraged ChristinA until just the past 3 days...the meds be working!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Henry's behaviors peeved and enraged ChristinA until just the past 3 days...the meds be working!

yeah, i am glad we are getting to see a nicer side of christina

she needs those meds and, hopefully, she won't go off them again

• Love 2

In addition, she chose the "non-chores" that Bennett dreamed up, like answering the door and getting the mail. Those aren't chores!

I think they're loving gestures from Bennett to Amelia. Easy peasy things she won't mind doing that create a shared existence, even though it's clear he'll be doing the heavy lifting around the house. Know your target? Bennet hit the bullseye.

ETA: I'm going with makeup and lighting making the difference in Amani's two photos. There's shading on the sides of her nose and highlighter on the bridge. I'm wondering who did it.

Edited by buttersister
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

True, from what I've seen she's been very rude. I don't think Amani should have been involved at all though. I doubt she wanted to be - was probably production interfering again. Awkward

FWIW Viv did a Q&A; I saw a synopsis on Reddit & one of the things she said was the 'experts' are more involved than is shown. Kind of makes them look even worse, though, IMO. 🤭

I'm sure production was involved - I wasn't sure what I was seeing at first when Henry went off for his private conversation with Amani 😄   But if she feels friendly towards Christina she could have helped her out.

3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Yep. I don't know why he can't just say this to her! Is saying "you're being rude" worse than saying "you're impatient"? Or maybe even couching it in these terms: "It makes me extremely uncomfortable when you argue with the production crew. I have trouble getting past that." He is terrible at communication though, which is why he shouldn't have been picked for this show. He is basically the antithesis of Bennett who is comfortable with who he is and able to verbalize every thought eloquently..........

I think it is seen as more negative and that's why Henry (and possibly Amani) didn't want to say it.  And because it's more negative he runs the risk of her denying it and demanding that he explain himself, which I am sure he does not want to do 😄 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, buttersister said:

I think they're loving gestures from Bennett to Amelia. Easy peasy things she won't mind doing that create a shared existence, even though it's clear he'll be doing the heavy lifting around the house. Know your target? Bennet hit the bullseye.

He lovingly chose bathrooms+ sweeping because he likes it cleaner and tidier and he won't have to nag her if the bathrooms and the living room/kitchen area floors do not meet his standard of cleanliness. The best defense is a good offense.

The dividends will pay off in between the sheets and less stressful home life.

Bennett giving Woody a run for the Best Husband.

• Love 5

I think production thinks of Amani and Woody as the "adults in the room" and that's why they have them get involved. I also think they like to have Amelia and Bennet give some feedback, because they are usually able to out a pretty positive spin on things. I do wonder why we have seen so little of the "experts," but don't mind since their games and advice is usually pretty lame.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 9/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, LuvMyShows said:

There was another comment on Unfiltered by Pastor Cal, something about how wonderful (or some other word like that) Olivia is...and the unsaid part was how awful Brett was and how difficult it was for her to put up with him.  Now I am not a Brett fan at all, but Olivia certainly has her faults.  There must be some pretty bad stuff that Brett does during covid, to have Pastor Cal be so blatantly in favor of one partner in a couple.

Meh. Not that I'm a fan of Brett, but Pastor Cal is the same dude that was shocked that Keith didn't want to stay married to Iris, because after all, Iris was such a wonderful woman. If Pastor Cal had had to be married to her, he'd be singing a different tune.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think production thinks of Amani and Woody as the "adults in the room" and that's why they have them get involved. I also think they like to have Amelia and Bennet give some feedback, because they are usually able to out a pretty positive spin on things. I do wonder why we have seen so little of the "experts," but don't mind since their games and advice is usually pretty lame.

I think the experts have been way less visible these last few seasons, especially since they started putting them up in a single location. Maybe it's just a lot of cost cutting measures by having one location and not having to fly the experts in and out to film. They are relying on the participants interacting with each other and giving advice to each other rather than the participants getting advice from the experts. They can hardly do worse!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm sure production was involved - I wasn't sure what I was seeing at first when Henry went off for his private conversation with Amani 😄   But if she feels friendly towards Christina she could have helped her out.

She seems friendly toward Christina. She started by saying how great Christina was and didn't seem prepared for Henry's response. 

19 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think production thinks of Amani and Woody as the "adults in the room" and that's why they have them get involved. 

Woody might be a better overall communicator than Amani. Amani works fine w/ Woody and the group of women. But, Woody probably would have handled Christina better. He wouldn't have been surprised by Henry's response, would have thought the things we hear him say in talking heads, but would have figured out a way to soften/spin it when talking to Christina. I think he'd do better talking to Karen, Olivia, or Brett than Amani would, too. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

But, Woody probably would have handled Christina better.

I agree.

Christina is not a woman with gfs. She relates better to men.

Woody teaches math to high schoolers so he is used to teen behavior all over the map...able to listen and diffuse...

ChristinA felt betrayed by Henry who so easily aired her dirty laundry to Amani...a person that Henry barely knows...

ChristinA blames Amani who was enlisted by production to get Henry to spill the beans. Amani was set up by producers.

To be fair, Henry was documenting and knew that Amani was a prop, he was between a rock and a hard place.

Producer shenannies....

• Love 2
On 9/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, Kira53 said:

Men have all of the time in the world;women not so much.  Let's say Karen divorces Miles and needs to get over that for a year before she wants to date again. She likes "masculine men" so she's got to be passive and wait for them to approach her. some might've seen the show and seen her as easy touch but she'll probably have to. date three men to find somebody she might match. So now she's about 33 because she likes to be in long relationships. You need some time to date and you don't wanna get married too fast like you did before; so maybe she gets married at 35.  You do you wanna be together a few years before having kids so now she's 37.  Oh, only now she finds out she has fertility issues and spends the next 3 to 5 years trying to get pregnant with IVF, egg donors, surrogates etc. But she's one of the lucky ones and so she does have a baby either by her loins or a surrogate by 42.  When she shows up to college graduation at age 66-67 she looks like her kids grandparent and that could be a best case scenario. A man could never marry and wait till 67, met a 30 year marry and have kids but be too old to to run around with them so the wife does everything and the wife is delighted to meet and marry some one.

That's a lot of speculation.  That could happen, or she could end up staying with Miles.  Or the relationship with Miles could end and she could meet a man in the next 2 years and fall in love, get married and have 3 kids before she's 40.  It could go either way.  

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 1

How sad is it that Bennett is talking about cleaning the apartment and doing chores when in the first episode he explained that he doesn't necessarily have a good relationship with the concept of hygiene.  Things must be really bad in the apartment (in terms of cleanliness) for him to be initiating trying to keep the apartment clean.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

How sad is it that Bennett is talking about cleaning the apartment and doing chores when in the first episode he explained that he doesn't necessarily have a good relationship with the concept of hygiene.  Things must be really bad in the apartment (in terms of cleanliness) for him to be initiating trying to keep the apartment clean.

Bennett's past relationships have complained about his loosey goosey standard regarding his personal hygiene.

He is proud that he keeps his tiny house clean and tidy.

Guess that is his line in the sand...he like clean floors, bathrooms, kitchen but is okay being a bit sloven.

Amelia is the one who happily gets up close and personal to Benny so if she is okay with his essence...the rest of us can stay upwind of him....

H does not want to have to nag or resent Amelia's blind eye to their dirty bathroom so he will just fall on the sword and clean it...smart and thoughtful husband.

• Love 2