Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Dealbreakers

• Start Topic

The headaches of domestic life start to dampen the romance of being married as the couples question, and test, their relationships; tempers flare when a husband confides in someone else's wife; a runaway bride comes home to face the consequences.

Airs September 16, 2020.

• Love 1

Bennett: “We have different ways of approaching things like household chores.”

Translation: “Amelia is fonk-nasty.”

Color me unsurprised.  (I hit Submit one second before Amelia reared back and flung one leg over the other, revealing her terribly dirty foot.  These people and their feet!  I will mop the floor for them if it gives them a few minutes to clean the bottoms of their feet.)

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, karenbrady said:

So in 24 hrs Karen went from feeling unsafe and disrespected to the point where she had to spend a sleepless night at her own place to returning to the marital apartment wanting to get closer to Miles? Girl, once again....BYE GIRL!! *insert multiple eyerolls*

“Disrespected” because he wants sex with his wife after a month.  Call the Cops!  He wants sex.  He’s too good for her.  What’s she 30?  The girl needs to be alone for the rest of her life. He should pack up and leave.

• Love 21

Henry absolutely despises Christina and it shows. She is trying so hard to pretend she likes him and make good of a bad situation. Kudos to her. 

I'm seriously starting to have a crush on Woody! The guy is so charming! He is one smooth talker..

I continue to find Karen boring. Miles is a boyishly cute version of Tyler Perry and I can’t unsee that 

Amelia has every reason to expect Bennett to do the house chores if she will be bringing home the dough. 

Olivia looks so utterly miserable in some scenes. I loved their climbing activity! I still like Brett and think he is witty and funny although not witty and funny enough to where I would personally ever date him, let alone marry him. But he is got TV!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Brett looks like such an ass, just sitting there with his chin in his hand, refusing to participate in the trivia night.  “Patently ridiculous.”  Ugh, get over yourself or catch an Uber home, seriously.  I cannot stand people like this. 

This would be my dealbreaker - someone who won't make an effort  to play a game, who badmouths it, who won't even try to get along with his "wife"s" friends. He is so insecure so he puts the game down. Jerk. 

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Too many stupid games and fillers.  Botchi, rock climbing, strangers singing, too much.

Agreed. I think the producers are trying their darndest to infuse some excitement into this boring-ass episode. How about a counseling session for the couples who are struggling? How about a visit from an expert, like when Dr. Pepper visited Jamie and Beth in the middle of an argument? Or a visit from a prior season couple? 

Someone posted about this last episode, but do we EVER get a smile from Olivia, Brett, Christina, or Henry? And all Karen displays is the occasional nervous laughter. These are some miserable, emotionally-draining people.

Amelia and Bennett are starting to annoy me as well. She leaves the dishes dirty and he picks his nose. And both forget to wear deodorant. Remind me never to eat at their house. 

The only couple I enjoy watching is Amani and Woody. And I like Miles—I wish he had a better match. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I really do like Woody as a person.  He’s the kind of guy who could be a cheating dog, but his charm, sense of humor, and affection almost make you overlook it (we’ve all met those guys).  If this marriage doesn’t work out for him, he’ll have his pick of women after the show- as if he doesn’t already!

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

“Disrespected” because he wants sex with his wife after a month.  Call the Cops!  He wants sex.  He’s too good for her.  What’s she 30?  The girl needs to be alone for the rest of her life. He should pack up and leave.

Like who the hell does she think she is? She should never have signed up for this show.

Edited by karenbrady
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Why did the women singers need to wear such ridiculous headpieces? And they sang like half of one verse of a song. Sorry but Bennett and Amelia are too off for me. Karen will never warm enough to give Miles a chance. I still like Woody and Amani, the rest I can't see together in the long run. I still think A and B seem like siblings and I'm guessing Amelia will tire of his weirdness when she starts working full time and has to pay attention to hygiene and things like that. 

• Love 9

I am looking forward (really forward) to seeing Wamani on Couples Cam... and would it be too much to ask if they became friends with Shawniece and Jephte? I think Woody would be a good influence on Jephte, and Amani could be a supportive friend to Shawniece. 

• Love 11

I hope Christina can learn from her watching this episode to handle these kind of situations better in the future with whoever she’s dating because she’s not gonna be with Henry. Demanding to know where she stands when she doesn’t stand in a good place is foolish. She has maybe four weeks to improve and to figure out what else she could do but becoming impatient with Henry not liking her being inpatient digs a terrible hole for her. I’m not saying that that she had any hope to turn around Henry when this is his major issue but to deny that it’s important to him blocks any possibility of being motivated to change this thing. Of course she doesn’t understand that other people haven’t told her the truth because of how she reacts to the truth. I think of that movie with Nicholson and Tom Cruise "you can’t handle the truth!" Why would she force a decision when it’s so likely to be no? Her emotional intelligence as we all now is not her strong point.  In the past he did tell her how serious her impatience was to him she just couldn’t hear it.

image.png

Edited by Kira53
edit
  • Love 10

Re Olivia and Brett:  I didn’t think that was trivia either. I happen to love TRIVIA although as I get older I’m bad with names.  I guess I prefer to play trivial pursuit then whatever that type of trivia was at that bar. Were her friends in anyway excepting or trying to connect to Brett? Were they out with just her girlfriends? Probably not the best choice to not give a boyfriend/husband some man to connect with energetically. What I thought was interesting editing is I didn’t see Olivia answering any questions but I accepted it just could be the editing monkeys.  I wish we could’ve seen Olivia having a great time at one of her all-time favorite activities but she just was shown being sour so I don’t like the editing.I was glad to see they had some fun rock climbing maybe they should do more physical things because she doesn't like his sense of humor and she seems a little humor less.

• Love 16

I’m still loving Bennet and Amelia’s communication and how suitable they are for each other. Bennett says his musicial style is more R&B but he had his folk music friends come singing about song to her in the style she loves.  Everybody says they want to be loved unconditionally and then they get all weirded out if somebody cares for them unconditionally. BENNETT was almost weirded out because Amelia just didn't have complaints about him. She seems like the person who is smart enough to know don't sweat the small stuff; most of things are small.  I think if Bennett will be willing to do most of the chores and understands going forward that she won't do that much since she's the main breadwinner she will be cool. I wish I had been that smart. I was always looking for a guy even more high powered with even a better job than mine and they don't wanna do anything.   They can always get a nice girl that will take care of them and do all the scut work.  Most high powered women don't get that opportunity or they don't see that opportunity because they want an asshole guy that doesn't want to equally pull the wagon in the home with the children.  

Edited by Kira53
I don't remember to proofread.
  • Love 18
33 minutes ago, topanga said:

How about a counseling session for the couples who are struggling? How about a visit from an expert, like when Dr. Pepper visited Jamie and Beth in the middle of an argument? Or a visit from a prior season couple? 

Someone posted about this last episode, but do we EVER get a smile from Olivia, Brett, Christina, or Henry? And all Karen displays is the occasional nervous laughter. These are some miserable, emotionally-draining people.

100%! The experts have pulled back so much in these recent seasons and it does not make sense to me.

I'm just thinking about how much counseling three out of the five couples *need* right now. It makes sense to make this time more meaningful with support from the resources that are easy to pull from. That's more entertaining than the filler stuff from tonight.

Edited by Myrtle Urkele
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Re Olivia and Brett:  I didn’t think that was trivia either. I happen to love TRIVIA although as I get older I’m bad with names.  I guess I prefer to play trivial pursuit then whatever that type of trivia was at that bar. Were her friends in anyway excepting or trying to connect to Brett? Were they out with just her girlfriends? Probably not the best choice to not give a boyfriend/husband some man to connect with energetically. What I thought was interesting editing is I didn’t see Olivia answering any questions but I accepted it just could be the editing monkeys.  I wish we could’ve seen Olivia having a great time at one of her all-time favorite activities but she just was shown being sour so I don’t like the editing.I

The trivia part of the episode was so heavily scripted, it was hard to watch.  All of the dour and disgusted looks on Olivia and her friends' faces was just too much.  I wonder why I still watch this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, karenbrady said:

So in 24 hrs Karen went from feeling unsafe and disrespected to the point where she had to spend a sleepless night at her own place to returning to the marital apartment wanting to get closer to Miles? Girl, once again....BYE GIRL!! *insert multiple eyerolls*

Maybe Karen had enough time in her apartment all alone to think about does she want to be alone or try and work on her marriage. She never lived with a man before and she might've realize that she kind of likes it and being alone in her apartment is not her preferable future life. I think that she knows in her heart that Miles is not the same as the man that she used to date. This may be her only chance to get a good man that adores her and won't be a cheating, lying, baby making fool. She's not getting any younger having wasted all that time with that previous relationship. I'm glad she went home to think about it. When she said young man it was a tease and a "I like you" dig.  They do have some teasing going on but Miles has to be delicate with the teasing on his part.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Unfiltered: Amani, Olivia, Cal, JamieO
Amani is wearing extensions properly in a nice low pony tail, not like a Jamie who is using her extensions like a stole.

Olivia tattles that Brett is Dallas Amber in terms of his Many face creams, numerous razors and such to make his mug presentable....his nose hair clippers get a major workout, for sure.
There is a growth on his left naries ....his wife is a nurse, he should get a Doc at her clinic to carve that off and send it in for pathology....
Cal says...Sarcasm is fake intelligence....What a pile of horse shit...

Sarcasm is another dimension of intelligence if used at the right time and place, to tickle funny bones and to put idiots in their place.

Brett’s sarcasm is like stabbing Olivia in her brain....She tattles His camera persona is faux.
Woody’s...”There you go”...is the equivalent of Bennett’s “Put a stamp on it.”

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

Maybe Karen had enough time in her apartment all alone to think about does she want to be alone or try and work on her marriage. She never lived with a man before and she might've realize that she kind of likes it and being alone in her apartment is not her preferable future life. I think that she knows in her heart that Miles is not the same as the man that she used to date. This may be her only chance to get a good man that adores her and won't be a cheating, lying, baby making fool. She's not getting any younger having wasted all that time with that previous relationship. I'm glad she went home to think about it. When she said young man it was a tease and a "I like you" dig.  They do have some teasing going on but Miles has to be delicate with the teasing on his part.

Geez Louise, she's 30!  She has all the time in the world!

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Gwad I hate Henry.  Hate him.

I really like Henry a lot he seems like a real kind genuine guy, Christina on the other hand runs hot and cold with me, they do show some sweet tender moments occasionally so I hope they make it.  I don’t really like Brett and think he is pretty selfish and way too rigid among other things.  He too has his tender moments but way too much walking on eggshells around him for me.  I would still love to see Brett and Olivia together 😍🤗

Edited by endure
  • Love 7