Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Denise and Desist

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think a lot of people have come away from this season looking pretty bad - Kyle and Rinna, yes; but also Denise. Personally, and I know that many here disagree with me, but I don't think Teddi and Erika came off looking all that bad because I think that they were genuine in saying that all they cared about was whether or not Denise was badmouthing them. And it's clear she was, she's admitted to it, so I don't see them as off-base in their inquiries. Dorit, Sutton, and Garcelle (much as I find her thing with Kyle a little weird) all came off fine in the end, IMO, at least when it came to this situation.

I guess Erika did it right because I don't remember much about her.  But I laughed at Teddi through several episodes when they were all clutching their pearls about "She had sex with Brandi!!  Kids nearby!!  Aaron said he would kill her!!" and old Teddi bleating in the background "She said she doesn't like me!" 😄 😄😄   Teddi was not cut out to be on a RH show at all 😄 

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

The other ladies probably should have left the threesome talk alone after Denise requested they shut up about it. BUT, that does not change the way Denise has turned about this season. Something happened that she felt she needed to portray herself as less "wild". I suspect she was close with Brandi before she decided to change how she was perceived and didn't want to be associated with a person like Brandi (an investigator's hunch based on behavior). 

My suspicion is that she was already cooling it with Brandi because she was getting to know her better 😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

That and the way she dresses makes me think she has self-confidence issues, especially with her body.

She should take some of that money she throws away in couture houses and pay for a stylist who could show her how to dress that oddly shaped body flattering ways.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
Just now, princelina said:

She should take some of that money she throws away in couture houses and pay for a stylist who could show her how to dress that oddly shaped body flattering ways.

She reminds me of Edina Monsoon from Ab Fab in that regard she thinks just cause its a Name that its what she should wear without thinking does it look good on me ... someone needs to tell her they make high end clothes that actually flatter you and you should aim for that Not for the garment of the moment that was intended for a twig 20 something socialite

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

I fell asleep and woke up for the second half, and then watched the first half during the re-run so I hope I don't have the storyline mixed up here. 

"Someone" told Denise that Brandi would be at Dorit's party. "Someone" who knew or was pretty sure that the heads-up would make her cancel, which was the desired outcome. 

Garcelle's repeated calls to Denise went to VM. Denise may have seen Brandi's text about being at the party... or maybe production informed her. Denise didn't answer when Rinna asked her how she knew Brandi would be at the party (or maybe her answer was edited out). Being evasive because it was production or because it was Brandi would come across the same way onscreen. 

IMO Garcelle, Dorit, Teddi and possibly Sutton were not in on the set-up; Vyle, Kim, Brandi and Rinna were. 

Rinna in TH before Brandi arrived: I've been telling her she really really needs to come. Everyone needs to talk.

Garcelle at the party: Brandi's not coming, right?

Kyle (very quickly, so quick she almost stepped on Garcelle's question): Let's have something to eat!

(someone): Brandi and Kim are here! 

Vyle: Don't look at me!

Dorit was blindsided and not exactly thrilled

Sutton's set-up line to Brandi: Someday maybe learn to not say things.

Brandi (not a good actress, was visibly concentrating hard on her cue line from Sutton): Hunny, it ain't happening. 

Rinna got the sweetheart edit: Why didn't she reach out to me?

Rinna was further rewarded with a TH mentioning that Denise learned how to strategize while battling with Charlie, and being the one who presented the surgery photos Denise posted. Her further reward was the scene at her house with Denise where she laid on a phony congenial greeting with a trowel. Rinna asked Denise who told her that Brandi would be at Dorit's house. The answer was cut/not shown. 

Somewhere along the way, a screen card informed the audience that Brandi and the cast were served with a Cease and Desist. Denise was blindsided when Rinna told her she knew about that. So who was served, only Brandi or the entire cast? Rinna's "Oooh, you're so angry" was in response to Denise saying Who told you that?

"Someone" stitched together a desired narrative. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 18
44 minutes ago, blixie said:

There is no grand mystery here, Charlie wasn't suing her last season and last season she mostly wasn't married to Aaron. 

Charlie sued Denise in August 2016 to reduce his child support. In August 2018 he sued Denise and Brooke Mueller to reduce child support to both of them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

Kim Richards is a troubled person who will battle an addiction problem for the rest of her days.  It makes me sad to see that she is still close with Brandi, who is a terrible influence, and it makes me sad to watch her sister drag her back into the RHOBH limelight and party scene. 

Agree. I don’t know what’s going on with Kim but she doesn’t look good. My sister would’ve been furious if I encouraged my brother-in-law to feel my breasts, implants or no implants. That was weird! 

I had stopped watching this train wreck of a show but checked back to see the finale. Underwhelming. Mostly fake drama about Denise not showing up. I wouldn’t have either. 

I was thrown by how good Denise looked during her meeting (loved her hair) with Lisa and then how shockingly awful she looked in her TH. She also looked drunk in the latter. Lisa’s “you are so angry” sent chills up my spine. The woman is cold and scary. 

I don’t care how many wigs Lisa wears, how nice her outfit is or how skinny she is... I cannot get past her freakish lips. 

Brandi’s skirt looked cheap and tacky. It reminded me of something unfinished on Project Runway.

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 22
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Is it the 'norm' to throw a housewarming party when you're living in a rental?

Well to be fair, it seemed to be a combination of that and a launch party for PKs non-alcoholic champagne. I don't know why she didn't just do the launch party instead of making it a house warming (we didn't even get a house tour!) But oh well

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

We only know what Denise's daughter was willing to say on camera. Privately their conversation could have been very different. Her daughter knows if it is filmed it will air so that is why I think she was dismissive of it on camera. I also think Aaron let production know Denise wouldn't be at the party early enough that production would have let the other ladies know and Garcelle (and the camera crew) wouldn't have wasted time waiting for her.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

How do you know so definitively that Sami wasn’t upset by the threesome talk? Because they had 10 seconds of footage with Sami, a teenager, not wanting to admit that she was uncomfortable with threesomes being discussed by her mom’s drunk old friends in front of her friends? I’m around a lot of teens and not one of them would admit on camera that they were negatively affected by that, however, I don’t know any responsible adult who would think that that behavior is ok. “see?? the kid says so herself!! she doesn’t care! keep on talking about threesomes, mom and mom’s friends!” /s 

Just because the producers (who obviously have a stake in trying to make Denise look bad) have some quick footage of a child denying that she was affected by adult inappropriate behavior, doesn’t mean we don’t believe the mother who says that yes, she wasn’t cool with it behind closed doors.

I think it’s gross too, that they are attempting to normalize talking in lewd, sexually explicit ways in front of a group of minors, and now there’s a narrative trying to go around that Denise is lying or being fake about her daughter being upset about it. I don’t get it. 

What stake do they have in making her look bad? What do they benefit, if she is so popular, in making her look bad, do you think?

It is true that we didn't see the entire conversation and that it is entirely possible that Sami said something in private that she didn't say on camera. But given the lack of specificity in Denise's description - and the fact that yes, she did kind of keep changing what it is that Sami allegedly said once confronted with it - we can only go on what we saw. My guess is that Sami probably thought it was stupid and gross in that way that teenagers think about the way adults talk but probably wasn't scarred by it. 

12 minutes ago, Quiet1 said:

We only know what Denise's daughter was willing to say on camera. Privately their conversation could have been very different. Her daughter knows if it is filmed it will air so that is why I think she was dismissive of it on camera. I also think Aaron let production know Denise wouldn't be at the party early enough that production would have let the other ladies know and Garcelle (and the camera crew) wouldn't have wasted time waiting for her.

See above. Denise was vague about the alleged harm done to Sami. So we can only go by what we've seen. The fact is that if Sami said something to Denise in private that was different than what she said on camera, Denise should have probably said, "but that's not what you told me the other day" or some such.

I don't love the fact that Sami has become such a focus of this because she is a kid and because, as I've said a few times, I really do feel like Denise was well within her rights to ask the women to pipe down and that should have been respected. But Denise is the one who brought Sami into it after the party, and unfortunately, she made a tactical mistake on that end. 

• Love 1

I will not go so far as to say I liked Sutton's' dress; it looked uncomfortable, weirdly puffy and bulky in places--as if patches of comforters were affixed to it--and was definitely done no favors by her body or vice versa. However, I like the idea of it because I love loteria imagery.

• Love 3

Because I have been critical of Denise here, I will also say that I find Rinna's anger towards her inexplicable and over the top. As far as I know, Rinna didn't have a feud or anything with Brandi, so I don't understand why Rinna feels so hurt or angry or whatever about Denise's relationship with Brandi, whatever it is, and I don't get why she cares if Denise is being a little less than truthful about whatever happened with Brandi. Brandi didn't even say that Denise was bad-mouthing Rinna.

I could understand it if it were Erika or Teddi - again, I get why they are mad at Denise. But they don't feel the same sense of betrayal that Rinna is showing and I just don't get it. I do think she absolutely stirred the pot several times this season, and made the situation worse, not better. And I don't really get that. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The fact is that if Sami said something to Denise in private that was different than what she said on camera, Denise should have probably said, "but that's not what you told me the other day" or some such.

I don't love the fact that Sami has become such a focus of this because she is a kid and because, as I've said a few times, I really do feel like Denise was well within her rights to ask the women to pipe down and that should have been respected. But Denise is the one who brought Sami into it after the party, and unfortunately, she made a tactical mistake on that end. 

Completely disagree with you. I'm happy Denise didn't treat her daughter like that.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, suomi said:

Sutton's set-up line to Brandi: Someday maybe learn to not say things.

Brandi (not a good actress, was visibly concentrating hard on her cue line from Sutton): Hunny, it ain't happening. 

Rinna got the sweetheart edit: Why didn't she reach out to me?

a.  This is the main reason I dislike Brandi and she can miss me with her self-pitying tears - her complete insistence that "this is who she is" and there ain't no changing it ever.  It's a popular personality type on reality shows, I have noticed, but then they can shut it when they're crying "Why me? Why me?"  Learn something bitch.

b.  Was that supposed to be a sweetheart edit?  I thought it was designed to make the audience roar, in unison, "Because you're a fucking asshole!!!" 😄 

• Love 18
Just now, Quiet1 said:

Completely disagree with you. I'm happy Denise didn't treat her daughter like that.

Like what? I am not suggesting that she use those exact words but I don't see how it would be mistreating her to say, "when we were talking the other day, you mentioned that you were really uncomfortable with the stuff that was being said."

Of course, I don't happen to believe that there was a separate conversation in which Sami expressed discomfort. I think Sami said what we saw her say - she didn't think it was a big deal. So my hypothetical is just that. But if Sami DID say something differently in private than what she said on camera, and if Denise just ignored that, then it does a pretty big disservice to Sami. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I agree with this but I like her. Would like to see more.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Because I have been critical of Denise here, I will also say that I find Rinna's anger towards her inexplicable and over the top. As far as I know, Rinna didn't have a feud or anything with Brandi, so I don't understand why Rinna feels so hurt or angry or whatever about Denise's relationship with Brandi, whatever it is, and I don't get why she cares if Denise is being a little less than truthful about whatever happened with Brandi. Brandi didn't even say that Denise was bad-mouthing Rinna.

I could understand it if it were Erika or Teddi - again, I get why they are mad at Denise. But they don't feel the same sense of betrayal that Rinna is showing and I just don't get it. I do think she absolutely stirred the pot several times this season, and made the situation worse, not better. And I don't really get that. 

All of this so called anger is just a smoke screen. They are trying to run her off the show. They can't let up now they have her where they want with production in hot water.  They are trying to make her so miserable that she will either quit or be fired becaue she will not show up to  film.  

• Love 10

11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If they don’t do an all recast all at once  they need to let Rinna go first. 

In the same way that Dorinda ruined the New York franchise for me, Rinna has been instrumental in ruining this one for me. Luckily Dorinda was fired, but unfortunately I don’t think that is going to happen with Lisa. I think she is an expert at playing the game and playing by producers rules.

Edited by Mar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Why would Brandi text Denise to let her know she would be there?  If Brandi knows Denise so well she would know that would cause Denise to bail on the party. Stupid play by Brandi? Or did Rinna get Brandi to send the text thus manipulating the final narrative???  Way too much conspiracy thought for a RH show, but that's how much I distrust the evil Rinna...

Why didn't Denise block Brandi's number?  I cannot stand Rinna.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The scene at Dorit’s party concerning Denise being a no-show seems completely set up and staged and producer-driven to me. I am guessing that Denise had already announced she would not be filming any more to the producers and they had to add this in for some drama. Very fake. Bad acting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Garcelle: is that Brandi?

Dorit: Kyle!

Kyle: Don’t look at me

Sorry Kyle, I am looking at you. I am looking at you really hard

Brandi, always so classy.

”There’s a lot of guys here. It’s like a sausage fest.”

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ciaoformeow said:

Well to be fair, it seemed to be a combination of that and a launch party for PKs non-alcoholic champagne. I don't know why she didn't just do the launch party instead of making it a house warming (we didn't even get a house tour!) But oh well

Because if it was just a launch party - Dorit and PK should be handing out gifts of sample bottles of PK's champagne.  If it's a housewarming party, Dorit and PK hold out their hands to collect gifts!!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The scene where Denise asks Sami about what she heard was obviously a set up.  I'm not psychic, so I don't know why it was set up, but I thought even at the time that plainly obvious that is was.  One reasonable guess is that they were trying to recreate a conversation that happened off camera.  Maybe Sami responded the same way she did off camera, and maybe she didn't.  If so, I respect Denise for not pushing it.

Another guess is that maybe Sami was upset on camera, and Denise asked for a more favorable re-shoot for her child.  I think all of this was done long before Denise had any idea how threesomes would become the theme of the entire season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

To me it looks like Rinna is threatened by Denise, and very jealous. Bravo gave Denise more money and more leeway. Plus, they’ve both been around a long time but Denise gets way more acting jobs and happy endings than Rinna.

• Love 16

Brandi says in the episode that she texted Denise herself to let her know she would be at Dorit's party.  The question is WHY?  What are the possible outcomes of this?  They are that Denise has time to prepare a response to Brandi, or that Denise doesn't come at all.  Brandi is reveling in the attention and probably paycheck that this storyline has given her.  Why would she thwart herself this way?

Is it possible Brandi didn't want Denise to come to the party??? 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

So I am really trying to understand why these wives care so much about Brandi and Denise hooking up when they all admitted to do it.  If they did or did not why do they care EXCEPT .... THIS IS THE STORYLINE THAT WAS MANDATED.  I mean it is such a non issue no one cares they started the season going after Denise and I do not care if she had saved Lucy Lucy from an out of control Apple Juicy - she was the season's Satan of Stick and nothing she would do or say was right.  I am done

• Love 3
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Rinna is so full of it. She’s not there for Denise. She’s not there for anyone other than herself. 

Oh, but she is the truth seeker!🙄🙄🙄Her daughter was on a podcast the other day talking about her anorexia. She said that a few years ago she was so deep into it that the doctors told her she would soon weigh 45 pounds and be dead. Why wasn’t that on the show if it’s the truth? Calling Rinna, the truth seeker

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Denise, please release Lisa Rinna’s text messages!!!!!  

If there is any possibility that any of this could come out at the reunion, it would make my year! Rinna needs to be taken down a peg or two or three, or 100.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I just wish Denise would have been honest and wrote to the women, the evening of the party.  She just had to say that Brandi texted her stating she would be at the party that evening and Denise wasn’t comfortable with that.

Everyone has lied to get out of an event.  Not just the housewives.  Everyone.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

I must grudgingly admit that Kyle wins the season.  At Denise's party, Kyle was the one who got drunk and sloppy and upset and stormed out.  From that moment on, I think Kyle was engineering Denise's fall, and she managed to pull it off by dragging Kim and Brandi in.  And then the dirty work of talking about Denise's private sex life was hidden under talk of Denise saying relatively mild but still negative comments about Teddi and Erika. so that they would be angry at Denise.  .  There was no mention of what Denise might have said about Kyle, Even though it was Kyle and Denise initially snapping at each other and leaving each other's parties.  That's very telling.

Kyle managed to make Teddi and Erika do her dirty work of calling Denise out for "mean" comments  and in doing so, bringing the accusation about Brandi to light, and she just sat there with her fake surprised look.  Rinna jumped in and became the bad guy on her own because frankly, she's just a terrible human being and can't resist a good take down, so I won't credit Kyle with that, but the rest of it...it was all Kyle.

Yup.  I believe you

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, EmZeeGee said:

I can’t give an exact reason why it was weaponized, many on these forums in previous weeks believed it was to get back at Denise for “mom shaming.”

I read that Denise, Kim, and Brandi share the same agent, who worked out a deal for the three of them to appear and sign autographs and answer questions. I’m not sure if it was a one time thing or a sequence of events. Apparently Denise backed out, costing the other to the potential income. Voila a motive.

• Useful 10
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

How do you know so definitively that Sami wasn’t upset by the threesome talk? Because they had 10 seconds of footage with Sami, a teenager, not wanting to admit that she was uncomfortable with threesomes being discussed by her mom’s drunk old friends in front of her friends? I’m around a lot of teens and not one of them would admit on camera that they were negatively affected by that, however, I don’t know any responsible adult who would think that that behavior is ok. “see?? the kid says so herself!! she doesn’t care! keep on talking about threesomes, mom and mom’s friends!” /s 

Just because the producers (who obviously have a stake in trying to make Denise look bad) have some quick footage of a child denying that she was affected by adult inappropriate behavior, doesn’t mean we don’t believe the mother who says that yes, she wasn’t cool with it behind closed doors.

I think it’s gross too, that they are attempting to normalize talking in lewd, sexually explicit ways in front of a group of minors, and now there’s a narrative trying to go around that Denise is lying or being fake about her daughter being upset about it. I don’t get it. 

100% agree.  What 15 YO would admit on camera that they were upset about anything?

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Mar said:

If there is any possibility that any of this could come out at the reunion, it would make my year! Rinna needs to be taken down a peg or two or three, or 100.

Quite honestly, I doubt there is anything that interesting in Rinna's text. Now, I don't doubt that Rinna also stirs the pot in those texts and maybe says mean things about the other ladies, but I doubt there is anything beyond that. 

I still basically can't get over the fact that Denise said that the texts that Brandi showed the group must be fake and then in the confessional said she has texts from Brandi. I will give Denise this - she is such a tremendously bad liar that I believe that she probably doesn't lie all that much in her non-RH life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Being in the path of someone who is knowingly trying to destroy your marriage constitutes a family emergency. Boom.

That's what I thought too.  Denise should have just said to Lisa "It was a family emergency" because it was.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, bkathi said:

100% agree.  What 15 YO would admit on camera that they were upset about anything?

Well, then, why would Denise agree to have her 15 year old on camera, if she said one thing in private and another thing on camera?

(Note - I don't think she did. I truly think Sami did not care. I just don't understand this argument that is somehow good mothering to make it look like your daughter is saying one thing in private, and another thing in public). 

That's what I thought too.  Denise should have just said to Lisa "It was a family emergency" because it was.

Except for the part where they posted something to make it look like it was a medical emergency.  That's pretty gross. She didn't have to go that route - even if she didn't want to tell the truth (which, again, why, Denise? Why not tell the truth?), she could have said something incredibly vague like "something came up."  I don't know if there was some sort of contract penalty for not showing, and maybe that's why she didn't. But misleading her coworkers and the public is not something I can applaud her for, no matter how many excuses I hear about how worried she is for the state of her marriage. (And of course, it's worth nothing that she herself said that she and her asshole husband are so strong, so she doesn't seem all that worried about the state of her marriage). 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, lyric said:

By far, the most intriguing moment from tonight was Sutton stating how we didn't need to worry about any rumors of her having sex with Brandy because "I mean, look at me." with an eye roll. A HW openly insecure about her appeal? Now, THAT is a topic worth exploring.

This made me feel really bad for her. She got tears in her eyes when she said it, and it reminded me that she cried in the dressing room of that designer boutique in Rome, and didn’t want anyone to see her in the clothing. Apparently she suffers from extremely low self-esteem, which is really sad.

• Love 10