Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: A Beautiful Miracle

• Start Topic

Lauren goes into labor 11 days before her due date; she and Josiah can't wait to meet their baby; Jinger and Jeremy join Family Fun Night in Arkansas via video chat where they share a special surprise.

Airs August 11, 2020

I copied at @Sew Sumi 's format for the last episode.  This episode features extended footage of the birth and Jinger and Jeremy. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was just coming to post this. I want to know if this was the announcement of the current baby or the one they lost? They are that far behind.

I'm guessing Bella, because isn't her middle name Milagros? 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was just coming to post this. I want to know if this was the announcement of the current baby or the one they lost? They are that far behind.

This is the announcement of the one they lost. 

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Bella, because isn't her middle name Milagros? 

Yes Bella's full name is Belle Milagro Duggar. She shares her middle name with her mother Lauren Milagro Swanson Duggar, grandmother, Lana Milagro Swanson, and a long line of women in her family.  

27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Probably about Josie. 

Since this episode is all about Bella's birth story, the title refers to her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Josie reference was a joke. 😁 And @GeeGolly, JinJer are making the announcement, so I was wondering if this was to announce the miscarriage or the current pregnancy.

By the looks of Meechelles popping eyes and huge rictus gape, it’s the knock-up.

• LOL 4

Question for @doodlebug once you’ve seen the episode.  I am curious if you’ve ever seen a case where the 2nd epidural didn’t take?  She appears to be much less uncomfortable after both epidurals, so I can’t help but think perhaps her expectations were to be pain free?  I’ve only had one child, but I still had pain after epidural but it was so much more tolerable after.   Interested in your experience and expertise 🙂  Episode on the app early. 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Lauren doesn't seem to have a high pain threshold. She looks pained even when not in labor. 

Like a fine Duggar/Bates woman - less pain might come with age and a few babies.. I'll give her time... soon she will be like her SILs - pushing out babies on living room sofas & toilets..

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It's supposedly Jinger's miscarriage.  She miscarried shortly after they announced to her family.  

How far along was she ?  Please don't tell me 4-6 weeks...

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, sATL said:

She announced to her family then miscarried the next day. So yeah, a very early loss since these people announce to one another before the pee is even dry on the stick 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

So, yes, some people have unrealistic expectations and, from what I've seen and heard of her, Lauren is simply not the sort of woman who is going to suffer in silence and is exactly the sort who wants attention and recognition and acknowledgement that she has suffered more than anyone ever.

Lauren is the anti Kendra. That one suffers in silence, even politely saying that she has to throw up.

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm glad for Jill's sake that some of her siblings are still wanting her around. But you know it's Blob's determination that she can't be filmed or paid.

Was she onscreen?

• Love 1

I would like to know exactly how Lauren managed to look so put together during labor. No sweat, no running makeup. Maybe it was Jchelle's magic fan, or they had the temperature down to 50 in that room.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Question for @doodlebug once you’ve seen the episode.  I am curious if you’ve ever seen a case where the 2nd epidural didn’t take?  She appears to be much less uncomfortable after both epidurals, so I can’t help but think perhaps her expectations were to be pain free?  I’ve only had one child, but I still had pain after epidural but it was so much more tolerable after.   Interested in your experience and expertise 🙂  Episode on the app early. 

I had back labor with my first, and while my epidural worked (although I could still feel every contraction... just less) I was still in A LOT of discomfort due to the back labor. My first delivery was similar to Lauren’s and it was awful. Second delivery was positioned much better and was a breeze. 

2 hours ago, sATL said:

She said 10 weeks in the episode. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I have to grudgingly admit that Jinger’s pregnant gingerbread (wo)man idea is pretty cute.  

*deep breath*  

That was my ONE positive comment about this show for this calendar year.  I’ll reset the balance of my universe with this: Way, way, way too much MEchelle.  WAY. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 22
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess the producers see her as more palatable than her spouse. 

That said, weren't they both supposed to be banished from Counting On? 

Tells you just how tragic Counting On must be, doesn't it? That TLC seems to hope it'll be improved by the addition of JB and M? And meanwhile those two are probably quite pleased about being the breakout stars.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Tells you just how tragic Counting On must be, doesn't it? That TLC seems to hope it'll be improved by the addition of JB and M? And meanwhile those two are probably about quite pleased about being the breakout stars.....

Sssshhhhh.....don't tell the Vuolos. 😂

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Good God Almighty (pun intended).  I feel like I'm in labor, myself, as I watch this woman moaning and keening and carrying on before anything is really off the ground.  My thoughts are with Josiah; this boy has a long road ahead of him.  Kendra may have that teeth-gnashingly annoying laugh of hers, but I've neven seen her be anything but graceful, trying to handle things as best she can.

Also, I got a full belly laugh from Lauren's comment about being sure to have Jill there in hospital because she's very knowledgable and could help.  While in a hospital.  With doctors.  In that hospital.

You do realize the show is scripted and edited, and bears as little resemblance to reality as I do to George Washington? 

• Love 7

It’s back to its original format, just under a different title. Disgusting.

Also what was that pile of shit that was Josie and <insert J girl here>’s gingerbread house? An 11-year old should be able to produce a craft far better than that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Good God Almighty (pun intended).  I feel like I'm in labor, myself, as I watch this woman moaning and keening and carrying on before anything is really off the ground.  My thoughts are with Josiah; this boy has a long road ahead of him.  Kendra may have that teeth-gnashingly annoying laugh of hers, but I've neven seen her be anything but graceful, trying to handle things as best she can.

Also, I got a full belly laugh from Lauren's comment about being sure to have Jill there in hospital because she's very knowledgable and could help.  While in a hospital.  With doctors.  In that hospital.

I thought that Kendra would be the most annoying daughter in law with that laugh, but Lauren's voice would drive me bat shit crazy. Even when she's not complaining about something, it sounds like she is. Everything seems to be so much effort for her. She sure loves to bring the drama!

• Love 19

I had to chuckle when Lauren said that Bella had her dads "big lips!" Are you kidding me? I find her lips the worst feature on her face....and I really do not find her very attractive, to be quite honest. It may be her personality that contributes. On the contrary, I think Kendra is so cute! Her hair is probably her best feature. Those beautiful blond streaks are so pretty on her! I never thought she was very attractive until I got to see her personality shine!

• Love 4

I think my biggest chuckle was JB noting (with considerable surprise) just how pulled together Lauren looked after giving birth when he had no doubt heard quite a bit about how long and grueling the labor was, and what a trooper and how strong she had been.

Parents who shut their eyes to their daughters being abused in their own home AND shielded the abuser from punishment, responsibility and treatment  -- front and center all over episode after episode.  They've become the leads of this season, no doubt collecting substantial compensation.  Daughter whose husband has dispute with network and parents -- only heard on camera because siblings requested her present to offer comfort, shunned from family events.   

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess the producers see her as more palatable than her spouse. 

That said, weren't they both supposed to be banished from Counting On? 

Jill has appeared on the show multiple times since she and Derick stopped being an official part of it.

This is one of those times where I believe Derick--TLC didn't kick them off the show. It was Derick that quit. Jill has shown up for multiple births, which means she's still pretty involved with her siblings, and which is why TLC includes her a bit when she's there.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Jill has appeared on the show multiple times since she and Derick stopped being an official part of it.

This is one of those times where I believe Derick--TLC didn't kick them off the show. It was Derick that quit. Jill has shown up for multiple births, which means she's still pretty involved with her siblings, and which is why TLC includes her a bit when she's there.

I also expect that Jill is willing to sign a waiver forgoing any compensation for her appearances on the show while Derick is not.  As long as she doesn't want any money from TLC or JB, she will continue to appear now and then.  I am glad that her siblings are not shunning her like her a**hole father is.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Lauren is the anti Kendra. That one suffers in silence, even politely saying that she has to throw up.

When I was about 12, 3 families from my block went out on a houseboat down the Mississippi. We would stop and us kids would get out and explore,  the adults walking along. On one stop our neighbor stepped on a nail that went right into her foot. I would have been screaming, swearing every word i knew. She very calmly said gudge and stayed so calm saying she was glad it wasn't one of us kids. I can see Kendra being like that. 

• Love 2

I thought TLC canceled Derick for his transphobic comments, and Derick acts like it was his choice to no longer be involved. Jill appeared on camera during Ivy’s birth special last season, and she’s been showing up to more family gatherings on social media (always sans JB, but Michelle is usually there) so the estrangement might be lifting. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Also what was that pile of shit that was Josie and <insert J girl here>’s gingerbread house? An 11-year old should be able to produce a craft far better than that.

I'm waffling on whether Josie can't or won't do things at least with a moderate effort and result.  The way she's been babied by Michelle, I tend to think she's never been made to conform to any standards and doesn't understand what effort really is. 

Then again it's possible she has the healthiest attitude of them all with screw it, I'm not performing for the dog and pony show of doing crafts, games, and competitions just to create a TV episode.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

It’s back to its original format, just under a different title. Disgusting.

I'm going to cut them some slack on this one. When I was in high school, I took "gourmet chef" and the class before Christmas break, we could make a gingerbread house if we wanted. We just had to bake the gingerbread at home. We broke into groups to decorate them in class. My gingerbread was way too thick and wouldn't stand up to save our lives. We ended up just destroying the pieces, pouring the frosting over the top, and eating the candy. We added a notebook paper sign that said something about demolition zone or something like that. We were all like 16-18 years old. At a certain point, those houses just are a lost cause and turn into a free for all when you give up and just start screwing around. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7