Type keyword(s) to search

Doubling Down With The Derricos - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Dad is a wimp and a narcissist. Unbelievable how he fraudulently got financial aid loans in oldest adopted son’s name. He should be behind bars.

Mother is a drama queen/martyr.

All they do is bitch and moan about how difficult it is to take care of all those children.  I’m out.

Edited by GrammyPammy
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

What is wrong with the Deon.  First he says he’s never dealt with a ‘heart baby’, so he’ll let Karen handle that, although she’s never dealt with a ‘heart baby’ either.  Next, can’t go to hospital for  Dawsyn’s surgery because it’s too upsetting for  him!  Is he really so self centered that he can’t see it’s just as upsetting or more so for her!    I don’t understand why she’d let  him get away with this type of behavior.  I think he’s convinced her that’s the way it should be, but It seems she might be rethinking tolerating his attitude in the last episode.  He’s very annoying in so many ways. 

He's a selfish man child...

When he first met her he asked how many babies she wanted and *BINGO!!!!* Karen had the answer he was looking for "as many as God will bless me with" or some such nonsense.

He doesn't care about her or her health or the risk of having more children and whether they'll have serious health problems, die or anything else... All he cares about is prancing down the street like a little rooster with his flock behind him..... There he goes crowing for the world to see... "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!!!...Look at me and all the kids I can make!!" 🐓 👶 👶 👶 👶 👶 

He doesn't want to be bothered with annoying things like medications or feedings or helping with the kids unless there's something in it for him......the fact that he will continue to let her risk her life having more kids when they have all these small children who need their mother is disgusting.

He reminds me of Jim Boob Duggar... He had his idiot wife banged up even after she'd lost a baby and her doctor advised against any more pregnancies... But nope Jim Boob wanted another feather in his cap so she got pregnant again and that little girl has medical issues..... I also want to scream at the women, their vaginas arent clown cars! 

• Love 20

GG has a tat and a love life that consists of " all of the guys".. and that she does "different things" with her crushes.. 🍿

Deon and Karen can't be that silly or busy to know that a 14 yr old does not always want to hang out with kids 8 and under.  why can't Darien be dropped off at a friends ?

If they don't address that situation - like now - it may not end well.  I almost wish Darien could go back to Detroit with GG. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 17

Deon is being ridiculous when it comes to Darrian (sp). Why couldn't she hang out with her friends who were in the same vicinity sitting right across from them? Why does he think she needs to stay at home and basically be a second mother to her siblings?

Her siblings are NOT her responsibility Deon! She DIDN'T CHOOSE  to have 14 children. That was your choice now deal with it.

• Love 11

Late to the hair conversation but let me just say it is very unfortunate but that is a lesson those babies need to learn early. As a black woman with a giant head of kinky curls I have had to tell people it is not ok to touch. It's pathetic that anyone would even think to touch a strangers hair. Boogles the mind every time it happens.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

Deon seems like the type that likes to control everything.  One of those 'I got us here so I'm the boss'.  He's looking not so good in not holding his little sick daughter and I'm sure he'll make changes soon.  Looks means everything to a control freak.

Re the 14 year old daughter.  I'm torn.  She's young and she's such a good girl.  Maybe they are just scared for her.  Maybe they want her to develop more before they turn her lose.

I do think they could let her sit with friends at games and have friends over to the house.  She's the only teenager with all those little ones.  Must be tough for her. 

I bet GG is fun at the clubs.  She's quite a dancer and everybody likes her. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, sATL said:

GG has a tat and a love life that consists of " all of the guys".. and that she does "different things" with her crushes.. 🍿

Deon and Karen can't be that silly or busy to know that a 14 yr old does not always want to hang out with kids 8 and under.  why can't Darien be dropped off at a friends ?

If they don't address that situation - like now - it may not end well.  I almost wish Darien could go back to Detroit with GG. 

Totally. They were going on about how Darian is "such a great helper" with her siblings... That poor girl doesn't have a choice in the matter!  I wonder if Deon would be so restrictive if Derrick was the teenager?  I also feel a bit of misogyny in how Deon reacts to certain situations; he is still grieving hard for the son that was lost, he is always holding Dyver in almost every scene I see him in. I have only seen him hold Dawsyn and De'Aren once in this show.  He refused to put Dyver down to help Karen with Dawsyn. He feels that his mother is attacking him when she simply spoke on Darian's needs and concerns.

• Love 7

And...at the basketball game, Deon says he hopes his 2 year old waits until they get home before dirtying his diaper. Um...why didn’t dad of the year bring a diaper bag with him? You have 2 kids in diapers with you, be prepared to change a diaper. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SDVegas said:

And...at the basketball game, Deon says he hopes his 2 year old waits until they get home before dirtying his diaper. Um...why didn’t dad of the year bring a diaper bag with him? You have 2 kids in diapers with you, be prepared to change a diaper. 

I hope that he just didn't want to change the diapers as opposed to not having any diapers on him for the 2 children who are not yet potty trained.  I don't know which scenario is worse.  What was the point of going through nanny auditions if you're not going to use a nanny?

• Love 4

On the hair issue, it goes both ways. When I was in high school I was in a program for future teachers and we experienced student teaching in pre-school thru 3rd grade. I was in an all black pre-k for awhile and I would sit on the floor playing games with the children. Every single one of them would feel my hair or play with it (I am not black). I was not offended and never felt like their petting zoo. They were naturally curious about different textures. But I do think everyone should learn to get permission before they touch anyone.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, JKL845 said:

On the hair issue, it goes both ways. When I was in high school I was in a program for future teachers and we experienced student teaching in pre-school thru 3rd grade. I was in an all black pre-k for awhile and I would sit on the floor playing games with the children. Every single one of them would feel my hair or play with it (I am not black). I was not offended and never felt like their petting zoo. They were naturally curious about different textures. But I do think everyone should learn to get permission before they touch anyone.

Children touch everything and everybody and have to be taught not to do that.  It's quite different to have an adult who should know better touching children.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Just watching a repeat of "Doubling Down" episode. If i haven't mentioned how much i really like GG, I'd like to now. She takes singleton daughter (i forget her name) for pedicures, tells Darian that that she can reach out to her ANYTIME about ANYTHING. tells her more than once. Teen wants to talk about boys. GG is so open and understanding, so cool. Even refers to their relationship using "she and I"!!!  My queen! 

Darian is so sweet. She even start to cry in her talking head about their relationship. I wish she could go live with GG for a while. 

• Love 6

Why in hell was Karen rubbing her belly with that stupid grin on her face at the end of the episode?  I guess she was implying that she is, or would be, pregnant again soon.  Deon whispered "I'm on strike"  That woman is a complete nutter,  I really think she just likes the tiny babies, like people who collect puppies, then have no use for them once they're grown.  Or, here's a thought, maybe she does it for the hospital bed rest, so she can get the hell away from those kids for 2 months!

Why didn't they get a sitter, or use the nanny to watch the new babies, so Karen could go and watch that boy's first basketball game?  I guess being in that nice, quiet house meant more to her.

• Love 5

Poor Darian (sp) thought she was getting a break this summer,  then COVID arrived with other plans.  

I side eyed Karen rubbing her stomach talking about growing the family.  Woman you barely made it through this last pregnancy.  Poor Dawsyn needed two heart surgeries.  Your 14 year old wants to go to another state to get away from the craziness of it all. And you're eluding to adding more children to the 14 you already have?! Yes Deon please go on strike because Karen is not thinking. 

• Love 10

I am torn on this  show. The kids are adorable to watch, the parents, not so much. Karen needs to learn to cook, with that small army - how can they afford to eat out or carry out all the time ?  I also want to know in the house they are currently in how many of those kids are crammed into the bedrooms.    

• Love 7
8 hours ago, spunky said:

Poor Darian (sp) thought she was getting a break this summer,  then COVID arrived with other plans.  

I side eyed Karen rubbing her stomach talking about growing the family.  Woman you barely made it through this last pregnancy.  Poor Dawsyn needed two heart surgeries.  Your 14 year old wants to go to another state to get away from the craziness of it all. And you're eluding to adding more children to the 14 you already have?! Yes Deon please go on strike because Karen is not thinking. 

4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am torn on this  show. The kids are adorable to watch, the parents, not so much. Karen needs to learn to cook, with that small army - how can they afford to eat out or carry out all the time ?  I also want to know in the house they are currently in how many of those kids are crammed into the bedrooms.    

Episode 5:

I'm glad Deon came to his senses and sat with Karen for Dawsyn's surgery.  I fully acknowledge how terrible I'm about to sound; Deon is full of crap.  He's admitted that he refused to bond with Dawsyn because she might not live through the surgery and the loss of Carter was just too much for him.  There is a difference between losing a child at birth and not bonding with your child who lived past her birth.  Dawsyn was 7 months old at the time of her surgery! What a jerk to willfully not bond with her.

GG is awesome.  I wonder if we are going to see Karen's family?

I'm glad they allowed Darian to go to the camp. Too bad COVID potentially torpedoed those plans.  I also liked that they allowed Darian to express her feelings without guilt tripping her. 

Karen, girl.  While I am loath to tell any grown person what to do with their body, I want Karen to not have any more children.  (Terrible Stardancer Opinion coming)  Fourteen children is enough! She got off light with only losing one child and having one special needs child.  Childbirth is a harsh mistress and she may not be lucky enough to get through another pregnancy and birth unscathed.   Watching Karen rub her belly and seeing the dark circles under her eyes made me tired.  Hon, did your c-section scars heal properly this time?  You shouldn't put yourself through that stress and breaking down of your body.  I want you to sit down and take a nap. 

I know Karen said that she wants to learn how to cook, but I feel that she does enough. She carried those children, birthed those children, went through so much trauma through the childbirth of multiples, and is the sole caretaker of the special needs baby.  Let Deon cook. He has the chef's hat, apron, and everything! With that many people to feed, they only go out to celebrate special occasions. Eric even brings them food. Karen does enough. 

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Episode 5:

I'm glad Deon came to his senses and sat with Karen for Dawsyn's surgery.  I fully acknowledge how terrible I'm about to sound; Deon is full of crap.  He's admitted that he refused to bond with Dawsyn because she might not live through the surgery and the loss of Carter was just too much for him.  There is a difference between losing a child at birth and not bonding with your child who lived past her birth.  Dawsyn was 7 months old at the time of her surgery! What a jerk to willfully not bond with her.

GG is awesome.  I wonder if we are going to see Karen's family?

I'm glad they allowed Darian to go to the camp. Too bad COVID potentially torpedoed those plans.  I also liked that they allowed Darian to express her feelings without guilt tripping her. 

Karen, girl.  While I am loath to tell any grown person what to do with their body, I want Karen to not have any more children.  (Terrible Stardancer Opinion coming)  Fourteen children is enough! She got off light with only losing one child and having one special needs child.  Childbirth is a harsh mistress and she may not be lucky enough to get through another pregnancy and birth unscathed.   Watching Karen rub her belly and seeing the dark circles under her eyes made me tired.  Hon, did your c-section scars heal properly this time?  You shouldn't put yourself through that stress and breaking down of your body.  I want you to sit down and take a nap. 

I know Karen said that she wants to learn how to cook, but I feel that she does enough. She carried those children, birthed those children, went through so much trauma through the childbirth of multiples, and is the sole caretaker of the special needs baby.  Let Deon cook. He has the chef's hat, apron, and everything! With that many people to feed, they only go out to celebrate special occasions. Eric even brings them food. Karen does enough. 

I'm the mom of 3 sons, all born full-term after normal pregnancies.  2 of them developed Crohn's disease, one at age 6 and the other at 13.  We have no family history and I know many families where more than one child has developed Crohn's. My point is that even if Karen and Deon have gotten past the births and infancies with "only" one death and one special needs baby (and I'm not making light of either), there's no telling what medical issues might present themselves in a big way later.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

I'm the mom of 3 sons, all born full-term after normal pregnancies.  2 of them developed Crohn's disease, one at age 6 and the other at 13.  We have no family history and I know many families where more than one child has developed Crohn's. My point is that even if Karen and Deon have gotten past the births and infancies with "only" one death and one special needs baby (and I'm not making light of either), there's no telling what medical issues might present themselves in a big way later.  

Point taken. However, we see with our own eyes that the other 13 Derrico children has no medical issues or delays.  That's lucky. If Karen was to get pregnant again, I don't think her luck will hold. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, readheaded said:

Or God forbid one of the parents gets sick. I was diagnosed with MS the year after my son was born. No one's health is a given.😕

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Point taken. However, we see with our own eyes that the other 13 Derrico children has no medical issues or delays.  That's lucky. If Karen was to get pregnant again, I don't think her luck will hold. 

Yes, I think we're both saying that they're pressing their luck by having more children.  🙂 

On 9/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

A couple of crockpots could be their friends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The parents seem fake. The Grandma and all of the kids are lovely. They are happy, fun-loving, good people and you can tell they love each other very much. I don't begrudge them doing the show and making money for their family, I just hope it doesn't change the kids.

• Love 3
On 9/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, seasons said:

Or God forbid one of the parents gets sick. I was diagnosed with MS the year after my son was born. No one's health is a given.😕

Or just something simple like a sprained ankle or broken wrist could put her out of commission for weeks.  

At the restaurant, they should have just said, "Bring all the kids fried chicken, mac & cheese, and collards," since the  dad had mentioned that.  That poor waitress--taking individual orders from all those kids.

By the way, I live in the south and I've never heard of eating grits with sugar.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Or just something simple like a sprained ankle or broken wrist could put her out of commission for weeks.  

At the restaurant, they should have just said, "Bring all the kids fried chicken, mac & cheese, and collards," since the  dad had mentioned that.  That poor waitress--taking individual orders from all those kids.

By the way, I live in the south and I've never heard of eating grits with sugar.  

I was thinking the individual orders was to a backdoor way of teaching the children to respond to a question and think/speak for themselves.

there was a episode of Outdaughtered where the therapist suggested the  self-order idea for the shyest quint.

In person, I've seen other parents (no not a dz+ kids) do it -to keep from getting involved in the order taking themselves (ie who really wants to know the details of each after a certain age) and to give a little independence.  One day Jr wants cheese, next day he doesn't, this one don't like pickles, this one wants extra mustard, the ice/no ice debate, etc.

RE: grits with sugar. Sugar is possible on anything - good or bad. I guess b/w the salt, cheese (different varieties) , butter, cooking liquid (milk/stock/water/cream/etc), grit (different type) and other non-sugar seasonings (see example below -source ), I'm not overly surprised.  

The bigger point is grits need flavor, and are a blank canvas to do what one wills to do so.

This is the same family who keeps 10 lbs of sugar ,flour and ? on the counter, on full display.  sugar just might be their condiment of choice.

image.png.b7efc89ffe6ee4e5c74ef216d1ecb7ce.png

Edited by sATL

Well tonight should be both interesting and, hopefully, enlightening since this will be the first episode dealing with Covid-19. I am especially interested in how they address the oldest daughter's request to go away for summer camp in Michigan which is 2,000 miles away from the family.

While I definitely think that she has more than earned a reward for being such a responsible and loving big sister and needs to be around kids her age, I gave major side eye to her wanting to be that far away from her family. You can't tell me that the state of Nevada doesn't have summer camps and with the coronavirus this brings up several troubling issues for me:

• With the necessity to avoid large gatherings, no way should she be allowed to go
  • If she was allowed to go, was she quarantined for the safety of the entire family, especially with an infant with health issues and an older woman, GG, in the household and where
  • Both parents said that they had done their due diligence checking out the camp but with this virus having a severe toll on hospitalizations and deaths among Black people, including the young, there would not be enough checking in the world for me to trust a bunch of strangers to keep my child safe

Looking forward to your comments after tonight's show.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

tonight is season finale. I think the filming had to stop before the verdict of "if" there was going to be a summer camp (anywhere) was ruled on. Early in the pandemic, many were still trying to figure out what to do about rest of spring qtr of school (esp. k-12) and spring break week-aways.

When the news started reporting on camp (spring and summer break) cancellations, the biggest issue was parents getting $$ back. Alot of camps had a no refund policy , as they had already paid vendors to provide a future service . That a big lesson alot of parents learned.

There were  a few weeks where Michigan had pretty high COVID rates... I didn't hear too much about Nevada. So it would have made some sense, given the pandemic to see if there was a camp in NV.

Now - I do agree  what is so special about this camp clear across the US? Did the episode give any details ?  Does GG need to pick her up everyday and/or is she footing the bill, and just want a private visit? If this is the  14yr old first away from home for a week, then Michigan is too far. Let her work her way up to that.

would be nice to know how the dad's real estate job fared during the shut-down.... I hadn't seen the man do any work...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I too wondered why a trip way off in Michigan.  With that said my granddaughter visited Michigan loved it so much she is moving there.

But a 14 year old?  Naw that's too far for a first time away from home.  Perhaps the camp reached out to them and offered the camp at no charge for the advertisement? 

I don't think she went because of Covid.  No planes and no camp. 

I do wish she got to do something fun for a 14 year old.  I'm wondering if she has friends and do they visit at each others homes?  Probably not now but before all this virus business.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Now - I do agree  what is so special about this camp clear across the US? Did the episode give any details ?  Does GG need to pick her up everyday and/or is she footing the bill, and just want a private visit? If this is the  14yr old first away from home for a week, then Michigan is too far. Let her work her way up to that.

would be nice to know how the dad's real estate job fared during the shut-down.... I hadn't seen the man do any work...

See @sATL one of the reasons that I don't watch much reality tv is the unanswered questions like the ones you asked about Darien's "alleged" summer camp adventure. If this series was anywhere near real that information should have been up front and center.

As for Deon, the only career title I can find for him is "real estate investor" which leads me to wonder why he couldn't do better for a household of 16 than to buy (rent?) a four bedroom, 2400 square foot home.

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I do wish she got to do something fun for a 14 year old.  I'm wondering if she has friends and do they visit at each others homes?  Probably not now but before all this virus business.

Yet more questions left unanswered @Jeanne222. BTW, regarding the episode where GG had to inform mom and dad that their oldest needed to be around kids her own age and their shocked reactions, especially Deon's fake ass, over-the-top "Where is this coming from?" response, well I am calling total bullshit on the whole story line. How can you two be the loving and amazing parents you say you are and be so in the dark about the child you've known the longest?

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Clarifications.
  • Love 5

Wow...someone who is 70 with underlying conditions/medical history,  starting around June 26, awaiting 2 weeks for results, beat COVID without an hospital stay.....🤔👏

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Well tonight should be both interesting and, hopefully, enlightening since this will be the first episode dealing with Covid-19. I am especially interested in how they address the oldest daughter's request to go away for summer camp in Michigan which is 2,000 miles away from the family.

While I definitely think that she has more than earned a reward for being such a responsible and loving big sister and needs to be around kids her age, I gave major side eye to her wanting to be that far away from her family. You can't tell me that the state of Nevada doesn't have summer camps and with the coronavirus this brings up several troubling issues for me:

• With the necessity to avoid large gatherings, no way should she be allowed to go
  • If she was allowed to go, was she quarantined for the safety of the entire family, especially with an infant with health issues and an older woman, GG, in the household and where
  • Both parents said that they had done their due diligence checking out the camp but with this virus having a severe toll on hospitalizations and deaths among Black people, including the young, there would not be enough checking in the world for me to trust a bunch of strangers to keep my child safe

Looking forward to your comments after tonight's show.

Darien is interested in film editing and Michigan does have a summer camp that specializes in this and other related subjects.   There are a few camps in California as well, which makes sense, and would be a lot closer to Nevada.  If you google “summer camps film editing” you get a list. It’s a moot point for this year anyway. 
I don’t understand how they could have sent Dawson home from the hospital until everyone was tested for COVID, and especially with two people apparently ill in the house. Her immune system is already compromised and they don’t have stats on reinfection rates.  The kids should never have been allowed to swarm her like that when she came home either. Unless their whole COVID storyline was bs (sorry). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Darien is interested in film editing and Michigan does have a summer camp that specializes in this and other related subjects.   There are a few camps in California as well, which makes sense, and would be a lot closer to Nevada.  If you google “summer camps film editing” you get a list. It’s a moot point for this year anyway. 
I don’t understand how they could have sent Dawson home from the hospital until everyone was tested for COVID, and especially with two people apparently ill in the house. Her immune system is already compromised and they don’t have stats on reinfection rates.  The kids should never have been allowed to swarm her like that when she came home either. Unless their whole COVID storyline was bs (sorry). 

ITA.. I know the hospitals were jammed and perhaps quick to discharge -  but I would have though as part of the discharge procedures - like with a patient case worker-  was to ask who all has been tested and their results.  Wasn't the hospitals turning around results quicker than 2 weeks? I would think the mom would have gotten her test there on one of the visits. I know some of the drive-in test places were running long turnarounds for a while.

Not to mention the baby is going to a home with dz other children - who all could have been in various of states of just the common cold. And at least one person who has been convalescing from "a cough" .

And when the baby goes home - what is her sleeping environment like? Is she rooming with others? they need to be tested too.

There was a quick scene when the dad looked like to be bringing in foodies in one hand and had his brief case in another. Since all of this - I have been very careful when coming in contact with food - which may mean 2 separate trips to the car, mailbox, etc.

So the Eric guy lives with them full time, or did he just get stuck there due to COVID (ie took over filming and then the dad got sick) ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

Have we ever seen the kids' bedrooms or even know how many bedrooms they have?  The house looks pretty small from the exterior shots.  we know the parents have one bedroom, and it showed the dad and GG quarantined in another one  (where I am assuming GG stays when she visits).  Where does Eric stay?  Are all the boys in one room and the girls in another, for four bedrooms total?  The remaining rooms can't be that large.  Are there triple/quadruple bunk beds?  I guess that's why we never see the bedrooms...

• Love 5
On 8/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

A minor quibble: The triplin' you lost got a name that started with C, instead of a D? Seemed odd.

Carter is Karen’s maiden name. But not sure why/when they decided that the rest of the kids would all be Ds. 

Also ... and I may be wrong about this but I noticed it a few times ... at home/away from school each multiple unit is dressed identically within their group but they’re different outfits from group to group ... usually color-coordinated though  ... my thought was that it was probably a lot easier to sort the laundry, do headchecks in crowds, etc  I expect as they grow up they’ll at least be encouraged to have their own individuality because it seems like it would be the parents’ way to see to the kids’ best interests  

I am loving this family but suspect it may be one and done because (so far) not much “draaaaaaama” that makes these shows go viral. 

For me, though, all these unbelievably adorable, funny and loving kids is enough to make me go to a happy place for an hour a week and I’ll take that. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Carter is Karen’s maiden name. But not sure why/when they decided that the rest of the kids would all be Ds.

Probably because Daddy's first name is Deon. Just like Jim Bob Duggar had all the J kids.  It's an ego thing.

So, it seems like they decided they didn't want to waste a perfectly good "D" name on a dead kid?  Horrid.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, jabinlbc said:

Have we ever seen the kids' bedrooms or even know how many bedrooms they have?  The house looks pretty small from the exterior shots.  we know the parents have one bedroom, and it showed the dad and GG quarantined in another one  (where I am assuming GG stays when she visits).  Where does Eric stay?  Are all the boys in one room and the girls in another, for four bedrooms total?  The remaining rooms can't be that large.  Are there triple/quadruple bunk beds?  I guess that's why we never see the bedrooms...

I was just about to ask the same question.  The bedroom we did see with GG and Deon seemed sparce.  I wonder if they have bedrooms in the basement?  If they even have a basement.  Strange they have never showed that.  I think most of the other sixtuplet shows are in and out of bedrooms or decorating them every time they turn around.

As I said before this is a very strange show and I'm really pondering just what is real.

Probably wrong but I don't think Dad had the Covid.  My own opinion.  I think he's a big phony balony!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was just about to ask the same question.  The bedroom we did see with GG and Deon seemed sparce.  I wonder if they have bedrooms in the basement?  If they even have a basement.  Strange they have never showed that.  I think most of the other sixtuplet shows are in and out of bedrooms or decorating them every time they turn around.

As I said before this is a very strange show and I'm really pondering just what is real.

Probably wrong but I don't think Dad had the Covid.  My own opinion.  I think he's a big phony balony!

I was too busy thinking the same about GG, to watch him with a close eye.... 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, readheaded said:

"Karen said she didn’t want to talk about her children and have to explain where one of them was..."  {end-quote}

1) regardless of the name - she had to explain eventually what happened to the 3rd baby, if everyone knew she was carrying triplets

2) so now its ok for a child whose letter begin with the letter C to be missing ? Which was Lauren and Josiah Duggar did with baby girl  Asa - 1st pregnancy. 2nd pregnancy, a girl named Bella. Stay tuned one day for an announcement on 3rd pregnancy..

3) If she didn't want to explain - they why have we heard about the tragedy every single episode, multiple times - with maybe the exception of last night?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
On 9/18/2020 at 8:34 AM, winsomeone said:

The baby had heart surgery, and now her head is wrapped in plaster? What did I miss?

My guess is that the baby needed to wear a helmet to treat flat head syndrome.  It’s not uncommon.   Especially since she spent her first 6 months lying down.   

On 9/18/2020 at 8:16 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Im from the Midwest and that sugar vs salt and butter argument for grits is common here.  And can be just as spirited as theirs...lol

On 9/22/2020 at 4:29 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

While I definitely think that she has more than earned a reward for being such a responsible and loving big sister and needs to be around kids her age, I gave major side eye to her wanting to be that far away from her family.

Gigi lives in Detroit, Michigan so I always assumed the camp was her idea or suggestion and that the daughter would visit with her for the summer.     Hate she wasn’t able to go.   

Enjoyed the season and I hope they bring it back.    Which means they probably won’t 😟

• Love 4

COVID-19 is so unpredictable.  I thought for sure GG was going to have major problems due to her age and lung cancer. My friend is 80, has had 5 heart surgeries and she survived.  She had symptoms similar to GG and Deon. Thank God they all recovered. And that 2-week period to wait for results is/was ridiculous.  My niece in California had recovered and finished quarantine before she got her results. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

"Karen said she didn’t want to talk about her children and have to explain where one of them was..."  {end-quote}

1) regardless of the name - she had to explain eventually what happened to the 3rd baby, if everyone knew she was carrying triplets

2) so now its ok for a child whose letter begin with the letter C to be missing ? Which was Lauren and Josiah Duggar did with baby girl  Asa - 1st pregnancy. 2nd pregnancy, a girl named Bella. Stay tuned one day for an announcement on 3rd pregnancy..

3) If she didn't want to explain - they why have we heard about the tragedy every single episode, multiple times - with maybe the exception of last night?

Judging people who've lost a baby about how they handle their loss just isn't my thing.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, jabinlbc said:

From what I've read @jabinlbc, all of them, apparently including Eric (all along?) as well as GG due to the pandemic, live in a 2400 square foot, four bedroom home which is a pretty tight squeeze for 18 people. Yikes, if I had to live there and the weather permitted, I'd rather pitch a tent in the backyard, LOL!😁 Also, I had read that there are cots everywhere so maybe since that probably looks like a hot mess, no matter how neat you try to keep it, they don't show exactly where everyone sleeps; just a guess on my part.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 4

First of all, I have to say I am so glad that the entire household is Covid-19 free. That virus is no joke.

Actually, last night's show was the most enjoyable one for me this season primarily because it contained more actual information than all of the previous shows combined. Some reasons, not in any particular order:

• Glad to fInally find out the triplets' birthday is July 6, 2019, a belated Happy Birthday!
  • I kept wondering what the yard looked like and if there was anywhere for them to play. Good to see that pretty large bouncy house and how much the kids were enjoying it.
  • Too funny when the kids were asked by Karen to review her culinary skills (c'mon Karen, really?) and one of the kids gave her a score of three, then the other says "a hard three!" I almost fell out. Another gave her a ten but was told that he was lying by another sibling.😁 OMG.
  • I thought that Karen's and Deon's difficult discussions about about Covid-19 and what impact is was having on Dawsyn and any future impacts as well as the meaning of racism were handled well and age appropriate.
  • The kids' led by big sister Darien's directorial talent did an amazing job with their birthday video for the triplets. Great job!
  • Shout out to GG being both a cancer AND Covid-19 survivor!

I will definitely keep tuning in because like many of you I really love those kids. This episode should've been two hours IMHO. Also gotta say that every time I see her, Dawsyn melts my heart. There's just something about those cute, fat cheeks and that adorable gummy grin of hers. She's a survivor and I have a feeling that she will grow up to be an amazing young woman.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo and Effing Autocorrect!
  • Love 7