Type keyword(s) to search

Doubling Down With The Derricos - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/16/2022 at 1:51 AM, magemaud said:

I was kind of appalled when one of the kids pressed the emergency button on the Ferris wheel and everyone just laughed it off. 

On 3/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

The property they were looking at in Atlantic Beach is right on the water, that land alone would go for millions, does Papa have some investors lined up? I would rather go to a boardwalk. To me it looks like it will just be another glorified put put course. 

Or pie in the sky.  Scammers are big dreamers. 

I’m so done with the D’S!

Momma and Poppy and the babies. Fake, fake!

• Love 3

Poppy is just SO ridiculously pretentious! I had to laugh at him explaining Gigi's heart surgery to the children like he was a med school professor giving a lecture. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Poppy is just SO ridiculously pretentious! I had to laugh at him explaining Gigi's heart surgery to the children like he was a med school professor giving a lecture. 

Right, I was ready for him to drag out that old game "operation" and try to perform it for them in great great detail, only wishing for the big old buzzer to sound

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/27/2021 at 3:17 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Plus we'll be guessing it it's their real house or a rental like last time!

I will say with the network money they might have a real home now!

I’ve not been active in reading and posting about this clown show much. Currently, my POV about the show is simple…I ‘very much dislike and distrust the parents, the friend and production’ but yet I still watch the show.

However, your ‘own/rent one house/two houses’ comment has peaked my interest. I do know about the father stealing his son’s SS# years ago and that told me ALL I needed to know about this low down dirty dog. But I still want to be current 😉Would you please fill me in or point me to the approx. season and/or episode it was discussed on here. 

Thank you in advance! 

12 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

I’ve not been active in reading and posting about this clown show much. Currently, my POV about the show is simple…I ‘very much dislike and distrust the parents, the friend and production’ but yet I still watch the show.

However, your ‘own/rent one house/two houses’ comment has peaked my interest. I do know about the father stealing his son’s SS# years ago and that told me ALL I needed to know about this low down dirty dog. But I still want to be current 😉Would you please fill me in or point me to the approx. season and/or episode it was discussed on here. 

Thank you in advance! 

I’m sorry but that remark was back in April 2021 and my memory isn’t what it once was!

Im guessing there was speculation about the home they were filming in. Wondering if it was their home or a rental for filming. 

Tonight's episode:  More discussion on moving to South Carolina.  At the end of the episode, they told the kids they would spend 6 months of the year in SC and 6 months in Vegas.  Most of the kids wanted to stay in Vegas.  And then the kids found out Gigi would be staying in Vegas which solidified their feelings even more.  There was one little boy who spoke about it while crying, talking about how he wanted to stay where he was born and raised and how they wouldn't be there if something happens to Gigi.  Poor little dear--he has more common sense than his parents.

By the way, unless they continue to home school, that six-month schedule will play havoc with the kids.  Go to one school part of the year and another school the rest of the year?

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 7

I'm betting the family will spend a little more than 6 months in Vegas, so they pay taxes to SC for only the portion they live there, and stay Nevada residents, no personal income tax is a big attraction for Nevada residents. 

I bet the SC storyline is just that.    Especially since where they're looking at living is far out of town.     I'm sure driving to town will get old fast.     

• Love 3

None of what these people do or say makes ANY sense!

So Karen goes on and on about Darian going to the same school as 'Mommy'---but how is she supposed to do that if they are only going to be there 6 months of the year?  I understand the desire to have interaction with and form relationships between your children and your side of the family, but does moving there for an arbitrary 6 months of the year really make sense?  Why not spend a month there each summer?  I don't get the feeling that Matu (can they please tell us what her real name is for goodness sake?) or any of the other relatives they showed are dying for them to be in South Carolina anyway.  

Their house and God knows what else back in LV are in FORECLOSURE, so how are they going to afford to live 'bi-coastal' (you know LV is nowhere near the coast, right?)?  Where is the money going to come from for this Derrico Pavilion?  Building a successful theme park type of operation that would actually be successful takes a huge amount of capital and tons of work.  Neither of these two have any of the qualifications necessary to run such an operation. There is no way they would ever be able to get the funding or run such a place, especially if they aren't even there half the year.  No theme park has ever been opened or green-lighted based on a third grade science fair level presentation!  Where is the money coming from!

I was curious so I looked on a map and calculated the distance from Kingstree to Atlantic Beach, SC.  They are 80 miles (hour and a half) apart!  So they really weren't even staying that close to Matu.  I wonder how often they even got together with her the whole month they were there.  If they move to SC, are they moving to Kingstree, or Atlantic Beach?  

None of this makes any sense!!!!!  

Whatever happens, I'm sure the grown man Eric will follow them wherever they go---which is kind of weird for a non-family member.

As a side note, were people still really beaten for not 'bringing in enough cotton' many decades after the end of slavery?  I could be wrong, but it was surprising to me that Gigi stated her mother--who couldn't have been born earlier than the 1920s or so was beaten for not bringing in enough cotton.  I believe Karen may have said the same thing about Matu, who can't be much more than 65!

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Useful 5
11 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

As a side note, were people still really beaten for not 'bringing in enough cotton' many decades after the end of slavery?  I could be wrong, but it was surprising to me that Gigi stated her mother--who couldn't have been born earlier than the 1920s or so was beaten for not bringing in enough cotton.  I believe Karen may have said the same thing about Matu, who can't be much more than 65!

I was thinking they meant they were beaten by their parents for not bringing enough income into the household.  It could be either, I guess.  

Eric said on a previous episode that he wants to stay in Vegas.  It'll be interesting to see what he actually does.

The whole money thing is a mystery.  In the earlier episodes, they made it sound like Derrico was a high-end realtor.  If that's true, it's understandable he's bringing in enough money (along with his salary for the show) to raise a family of 16, but yeah, he would need actual investors for the pavilion.  And it doesn't look like he does much realtor work lately, what with going places and doing things for the show.

• Love 3

The whole money thing is a mystery.  In the earlier episodes, they made it sound like Derrico was a high-end realtor. 

Derrico's properties are all probably in foreclosure.  The house they live in is definitely in foreclosure.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

The way he psycho -analyzes Karen!🙄

STFU you aren't any kind of expert! Hes so full of 💩

• Love 6

Call me bitchy or whatever, but must they find a way for the kids to sing or dance in every episode!

The bad thing is, they are really not very good either.  There is no little Michael Jackson amongst this brood.  Everything is the same clapping with a very repetitive 'song'.  Nothing against them--No one would have ever wanted to listen to me sing either!

But-if Derrico is thinking he can make money off of their 'entertaining'--I hope he has a backup plan!

The bad part is that he speaks to all of the children--including teen Darian in the same way.  It almost infantilizes her and the older children.  The only ones he should still be calling 'babies' are the triplets, and even they are toddlers now.

• Love 5

The parents in this family are full of crap, but after seeing an "Outdaughtered" rerun this morning, I'll take the Derricos with full of crap parents and double the number of cheerful, well-mannered, singing children than the Busbys with full of crap parents and whining, fighting, poorly-mannered children.

I'll also take the Derrico parents not talking negatively about their children on TV over the Busby parents' plainly-stated disdain for one of their children and constant role-reinforcement for all their girls.

• Love 5

This whole moving to South Carolina thing really pisses me off. You had poor eldest son sobbing about leaving Gigi behind. The kids' feelings aren't being taken into account at all. It's going to mess up their schooling big time. And all so Karen can have them grow up around her family, even though she's too scared/immature to even tell her mom she's pregnant?? I watch this for Gigi and the kids, basically. But the parents are horrible people.

• Love 5

On tonight's episode, Karen had another miscarriage.  They said that is her 7th miscarriage.  (I'm pretty sure it's her 3rd in a row.  She had one last year and it seems like there was one right before that.)

She's not taking it well.  Next week, she goes to a therapist.  

They told the kids about the miscarriage and some of the kids cried.  Why even tell the kids about the pregnancy before the 2nd trimester?  They didn't have to know until the pregnancy was more viable.

Half of the show was them driving their new puppy crazy by training him in Spanish--except they don't know Spanish.  And the puppy was very young.  And instead of having one person training him so the puppy could concentrate, there were a dozen kids shouting commands at this poor confused animal.  And now Derrico has decided they should train him in English.  So, whatever commands the puppy learned in Spanish are now out the window.

Listen to "Rico" the big expert on D&C's!  (Ive had 3) he needs to STFU, he don't know what he's talking about what  a dick!

What  Karen really  needs is some reliable birth control 

• Love 6

It seriously bugged me that they told the kids so early about the pregnancy. I get wanting to be honest and upfront with your kids, but as a parent, your job is also to protect them. Why get your kids all excited when you knew that it’s possible to end in a miscarriage?? The kids just didn’t need to know about the pregnancy in the first place, she basically just told them when she had a positive pregnancy test. I had 7 miscarriages myself, and no biological children. She needs to focus on the children she has and not keep trying for more. 

and I hate to be judgy because I know miscarriages hurt. But she’s a 41 year old woman trying to make a baby with a 51 year old man. I’m sure her doctors must have told her the risks are much higher at this age. Which is why it was even more ridiculous she told her kids when all she had was a pregnancy test. 

• Love 7

I agree, she should have never told the kids, it was way too early, especially when she has had that many. @FurBabyMama I am sorry you also experienced that. I think Karen really needs to come to terms with her body is just not capable of having any more. It was unsettling to me that when Gigi and Poppy talked that the only way she gets over these miscarriages' is to get pregnant again. She totally needs therapy. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I agree, she should have never told the kids, it was way too early, especially when she has had that many. @FurBabyMama I am sorry you also experienced that. I think Karen really needs to come to terms with her body is just not capable of having any more. It was unsettling to me that when Gigi and Poppy talked that the only way she gets over these miscarriages' is to get pregnant again. She totally needs therapy. 

Don’t feel sorry for me! I have the most amazing kids now that I wouldn’t have if I had bio kids. We were lucky to adopt twice, and I can’t imagine my life without them. 

She really needs therapy. 

• Love 11

Karen needs therapy to try to come to terms with all her miscarriages. I think she will also need help in understanding that at some point (might be years) she will not be conceiving any more babies.
I think menopause may hit her like a ton of bricks.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/25/2022 at 9:22 AM, Joan van Snark said:

The bad part is that he speaks to all of the children--including teen Darian in the same way.  It almost infantilizes her and the older children.  The only ones he should still be calling 'babies' are the triplets, and even they are toddlers now.

I feel he uses the term babies/baby because he can't remember their names. He addresses them with baby/babies/children....

Edited by TMI
misspell
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Hey Karen 

I’m from Sumter and I’m so happy for you and your family it looks like you have some type of skincare problems and it might be due to not getting the well needed rest for your body and mindset I keep praying for you and your family because it’s beautiful to see our beautiful people with 2 parents in a household 

May you and your family continue to be blessed always 

P. S. If you ever need a babysitter I’m here for you Ms. D. Hasty Sumter Soul Lady♥️🌹👵🏾

• Love 1

I fast forwarded all the potty training stuff. 

I hope Karen is seeing a therapist off camera. She needs some tools to deal with her pain with the miscarriages. I really hope she’s not raising her daughters with the idea that their worth lies in how many babies they have.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I could not watch the full episode. If had to hear that man say deficate  one more time I was gonna rage turn into the Incredible Hulk!

Something that was even more annoying was his use of the phrase, "make a deposit."  I think he used that as much as "defecate," even getting the kids to make a sing-song out of it.  

• Love 2

I’m all for using proper terms for things with kids, but part of the reason kids say pee and poop is because it’s easy for them to say.  How is a 2 year old going to say “I need to defecate”. Just so strange to me 

• Love 3

Sure, why not go to Disney in Florida when you live much closer to Disneyland…

I believe California has stricter laws around filming kids for television and labor laws than Florida. You almost never see low-budget reality shows like this one in California. Plus Florida is just cheaper, and Disney World is larger than Disneyland. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I believe California has stricter laws around filming kids for television and labor laws than Florida. You almost never see low-budget reality shows like this one in California. Plus Florida is just cheaper, and Disney World is larger than Disneyland. 

Yes, California has the Coogan Act (named after Jackie Coogan, who earned a bunch as a child, and it was almost all gone by the time he could get his hands on the money), but the only have to put a percentage of the earnings in trust, and I'm sure the parents want to avoid that.   I think Disneyworld is more liberal about filming permissions too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I have to say that Karen looked lovely in her dress, so did all the kids and even Poppy. It is clear that Karen and Deon love each other. So now on to the snark, 4 day pass at about 100.00 a day, plus it looks like they had front of the line badges so I can only imagine the cost, surely this was paid by TLC. I am not sure what under 10 year old tickets cost, but looks like it probably cost about 2K a day x 4 days 8k plus hotels? Wow 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I have to say that Karen looked lovely in her dress, so did all the kids and even Poppy. It is clear that Karen and Deon love each other. So now on to the snark, 4 day pass at about 100.00 a day, plus it looks like they had front of the line badges so I can only imagine the cost, surely this was paid by TLC. I am not sure what under 10 year old tickets cost, but looks like it probably cost about 2K a day x 4 days 8k plus hotels? Wow 

Hotel rooms (I wonder how many) plus meals please snacks at the park plus souvenirs for the kids plus costs associated with the wedding must have run a pretty penny unless Disney gave them a huge discount for promoting the park. Which they probably did because it was an excellent promo for Disney World. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Fell asleep a few minutes into last night's airing (will watch on Discovery + later).

Was just wondering....

What is the difference in the pronounciation of Datien vs. Dacian?

And Deniko Derrico???? Ouch what a name!

Do we have any info on Deon's father/Marian's husband?  Was Derrico his father's or Marian's surname.  I would think not as Derrico would be a very rare name in Arkansas, doubly so for a black woman to have a non English/Scottish derived surname.  I would assume Derrico is derived from D'Errico, an Italian name.  Do they have Italian ancestry?  Just wondering as I'm a genealogy fan.

• Love 2

My family and I went to see the life size gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian one Christmas. Gorgeous place; at those prices there is no way poppy paid for this trip. 

I would also love a Disney princess wedding but I am not pushing out 14 kids and getting a reality tv show to get it. (Plus I’m too old anyway 😃)

• Love 3

Yeah, I agree either the show or Disney paid for not only the Disney trip for 20 people but the wedding as well.  Must have been a pretty penny, indeed.

I know that Derrico said he wanted Gigi and Karen's mom to be there since they missed the first marriage ceremony, but I'm sure Derrico also had in mind that they needed a few more adults to help wrangle the kids.  (Karen's aunt was there as well.)  So, with Eric, that was six adults, more than enough for 14 kids.

On every show, Derrico pronounces 'escape' as 'excape.'

Derrico was over-the-top in his Star Wars gushing.  It was clear he was enjoying the Millenium Falcon ride much more than the kids. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I know that Derrico said he wanted Gigi and Karen's mom to be there since they missed the first marriage ceremony,

In one article about Karen's fraud, it said no marriage certificate had been found.   So was the Disney extravaganza the first wedding?   Was TLC getting some uncomfortable questions about these folks marriage status?

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

In one article about Karen's fraud, it said no marriage certificate had been found.   So was the Disney extravaganza the first wedding?   Was TLC getting some uncomfortable questions about these folks marriage status?

It wouldn't surprise me if there was never a legal marriage, as a single mother of lots of kids she probably gets a lot of assistance from the government. I also read he was hitting up a few charities for donations like a 40K family van, I am sure they hit up local churches for food, diapers etc, I do like all the kids but the parents are grifters

• Love 6