Type keyword(s) to search

Doubling Down With The Derricos - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So happy for GG to have her new grandson in her life. Not gonna lie this was a hard watch for me. My youngest daughter passed away in 2018, she was twelve. 

Just like GG anyone who looses a child for whatever reason you always have guilt. Feeling you failed as a parent. 

The rest of the episode had too much of Poppy being loud and annoying. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Some of you may know the video blogger Without a Crystal Ball (WOACB).  She does a lot of videos on the Duggars.  At the beginning of today's Duggar video, she said she spent the afternoon talking with Deon Dericco's brother Chris's family and she put the info on Instagram. There are some shocking allegations.  We knew about the fraud allegations, but there's apparently more, if this is true.  Below are the links.  There are allegations of abuse, as well as Amari not being Chris's only child.  Read the comments, as WOACB answers some questions there.  For example, in response to the comments, WOACB says that the family had nothing good to say about Gigi😲and that Deon doesn't live with Karen and the kids.  Of course, this is all alleged, but who knows.

Part 1:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuFlSLmPP2y/

Part 2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuFrtD8vInr/

Part 3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuF5ruXP2y4/

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Mind Blown 3

In one of the comments, WOACB says the family said that Karen had fertility treatments.  This contradicts the Derricos' earlier statement on the show that there were no fertility treatments--that despite the many multiples, it was all natural.  I thought that statement was strange since the odds of having several multiple births naturally would probably be one in several billion.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2023 at 9:05 PM, Gemma Violet said:

In one of the comments, WOACB says the family said that Karen had fertility treatments.  This contradicts the Derricos' earlier statement on the show that there were no fertility treatments--that despite the many multiples, it was all natural.  I thought that statement was strange since the odds of having several multiple births naturally would probably be one in several billion.

No. She's just a really fertile Myrtle with a really full quiver.

[eta: /s]

Edited by Lurk
  • LOL 3

So the fraud conviction was for claiming benefits as a single mom when DumDum was living with her.   Now the fraud on the public is that they are one BIG happy family while living apart.    How did this show get greenlit again?   Convictions should be disqualifying from the getgo.

• Like 4

The accusations I posted about above have apparently not gotten any traction in the media.  I'm thinking maybe the show is a low-rated, low-profile show, since normally Page Six or the Daily Mail or TMZ would have pounced on a story like that.  Or, more likely, they just didn't see the accusations since it was only posted in a video blogger's IG that has few followers.  So Derrico and TLC get to continue the show with no accountability, but I'll bet Derrico had a few sleepless nights after seeing that IG. Lol.  

• Like 1

WOACB has now removed everything after Deon Derrico got a cease and desist. Not that all Reddit is true, but she is well known for not telling all the truth shall we say. There is a lot, a lot about her if you look for it.

• Like 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

WOACB has now removed everything after Deon Derrico got a cease and desist. Not that all Reddit is true, but she is well known for not telling all the truth shall we say. There is a lot, a lot about her if you look for it.

I know she often does stories with clickbait titles that are sometimes exaggerated, but the reason I leaned towards the Derrico story being authentic is because she doesn't usually make up stories out of thin air.  It's usually based on something she was told or something she read, even though she can twist an innocuous non-story into a story. Lol.

Also, she had quite a few of the old family photos which I assume were given to her.  Of course, the family could have been exaggerating themselves when she spoke to them.  Who knows.

Oh well, so the Derrico show will continue on, and I guess Karen will continue to pump out babies.   

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 2

Anyone home?

Watching last night's episode was touching with their love for Eric. He seems like a sweet guy and I hope he finds the right partner for himself and has his own family. I enjoy the kids. I really want to like them, but with all their legal/fraud stuff out there, it makes it super hard. 

• Like 2

I don’t know anything about the show or the family. I was in suburban NJ for a high school reunion a couple weeks ago. The Derrico van pulled up next to me at the Holiday Inn. More kids than I could count, all wearing DERRICO t-shirts. Only adult was an older woman, looked like a grandma or older relative. They were gone the next day. Parked in a H/C spot, Nevada license plate DERRICO. 

I thought it was a church group so I Googled them. I’m creeped out by mega-fertility, full quiver philosophy in general. It bothered me that these kids obviously have to live like branding sandwich boards. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1