Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, jlc said:

It is one of the rules of the team. Do not fraternize with the players. It is a rule! Is it a dumb rule, maybe to some, maybe not to others. It doesn't  matter. It is a rule, it is in their contracts, they are not allowed to fraternize with players. It could not be easier to understand. Do not fraternize with players. If the girls want to hook up with players, whether they be a star or a practice team member, they have to be released. Don't try out for the team if you don't  want to follow ALL the rules. Try out for a different team that doesn't care who you date. It is that simple.

I’m confused. I very clearly said it was a rule in my post, and that the DCCs selective enforcement is problematic. I just don’t personally care about the rule, and I’m not going to care about it <shrugs>. I don’t care about someone jaywalking (outside of extreme circumstances) either.... We don’t all have to be up in arms about the same things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

U/O.  I agree with the no fraternization rule.  I don't think it's fair that the players don't have some form of punishment but I do believe it is for the safety and good of the women on the team.  I see it as a football team of highly competitive and highly powerful 200-300 pound men versus a cheerleading team of young women, primarily in their 20s and some under 21, weighing in at, what, 115 pounds.  It's an imbalance of power and strength and the rule is to keep the women out of potentially unsafe situations.  With the rule in place, it protects the women and the team as a whole.  If contract rules are being broken by individuals on the squad, it protects the organization against legal action if something untoward were to happen.  The organization can create almost any rule they want.  If the women sign the contract at the beginning of training camp, they should follow the rules.  If there is a double standard, so be it.  It is somewhat of a moot point of whether it is fair.  It is up to the women to decide what they are willing to sacrifice for the privilege of wearing the uniform.

I think it's insane, archaic, and downright sexist. This would never ever ever be allowed where I'm from by law. It angers and disgusts me to no end.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

People are posting on the DCC Insta under the latest Kat post about Meredith's cut.  So I wonder how long before someone posts about Kat's supposed fraternizing?  If they do, and if it's true, I doubt K/J/C can ignore it much longer.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

All of this talk about Kat and a player with a girlfriend makes me think one thing:

This show could be a LOT more interesting than just Show Group or formations. 

Whatever is or is not happening, please let it be on camera. 🤠 😷

True, LOL

but, been there done that!  It was fictitious, Hit the Floor

• Love 4
20 hours ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

They left out Kelsey Bond as only 4th year without a role while Danielle, Jenna, Kinzie and Jessica were made second leaders in 2015 season altho all 2nd leaders were 4th years

I just don't see Savannah as a group leader.  I think Ashlee and Gina would be an awesome duo ...that group would be LIT!!

8 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Yes you have said that. But the player does matter cause TPTB retract differently depending on the player.

While I agree they have a contract and should abide by it, there does appear to be evidence that if it's not a team superstar they are more likely to turn a blind eye. 

I would need to see the proof that she was actually doing this.  Just my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

Interesting info about Kat, however I will take with a grain of salt, no offense to anyone btw 🤭

Same 🙂 

• Love 17

I mean, seeing Kat's personality and ego, I can see this happening. I even support her presence, but girl does seem really, really, really proud of herself. Lots of these girls do. Plus, she's super young, and if messing with players is what she likes, why wouldn't she do it here? It's the big leagues!

So what now what.

However, I do think that TPTB's fake ass pearl-clutching at cheerleaders and players taking the slow boat to tuna town is quite interesting seeing as how the DCCs and NFL cheerleaders are paraded around from suite to suite like prize ponies for millionaires to paw and grope. Guess you have to have certain criteria to handle the merchandise. I wonder what that criteria is?

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

100% not mad at anyone who chooses to take it with a grain of salt (I know enough that I could tell you every person who has been cut and when during TC) . I’ve just been standing back watching this all unfold. And as much as I enjoy the show, there are real girls behind the show, and Kelli and Judy continue to have double standards when it comes to real life. 

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

100% not mad at anyone who chooses to take it with a grain of salt (I know enough that I could tell you every person who has been cut and when during TC) . I’ve just been standing back watching this all unfold. And as much as I enjoy the show, there are real girls behind the show, and Kelli and Judy continue to have double standards when it comes to real life. 

I've made my opinion clear. Kat's personality type DEFINITELY skews toward the likelihood of this and I don't doubt any of it. I welcome your tea. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

If you know the cuts why not say them, this thread is literally for that haha

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

I've made my opinion clear. Kat's personality type DEFINITELY skews toward the likelihood of this and I don't doubt any of it. I welcome your tea. 

I agree!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Could you please tell us who was cut please please 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Anyone else find it odd (I really shouldn’t, but I do), that Kelli and Judy know that Kat is sleeping with a member of the football team and they have chosen to overlook it, since they think she’s one of the most beautiful on the team? Meredith may not have been on of the strongest dancers on the team, but the girls loved her as a person and would trade Kat for Meredith any day. I just find it amazing how they continually make exceptions for some and not others.

What???? 

How did I skip/miss this? How do we know this to be true? 

6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Could you please tell us who was cut please please 

Add me to the begging for this info please.......

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I just don't see Savannah as a group leader.  I think Ashlee and Gina would be an awesome duo ...that group would be LIT!!

I can't see her either as a group leader, especially when there are multiple 3rd years that could easily do it like Amber, Caroline, Rachel W, Jalyn, Ashlee and Daphne

• Love 9

Kelli and Judy looked passed Kat's awful solo last year and her being one of the bottom TCC.  I know they just wanted her on the team.  So I really would not be shocked that they would look passed her fraternizing behavior.            

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Kelli and Judy looked passed Kat's awful solo last year and her being one of the bottom TCC.  I know they just wanted her on the team.  So I really would not be shocked that they would look passed her fraternizing behavior.            

I am honestly not bothered if they looked past behind it. I like Kat and find her personality a breath of fresh air among the standard DCC personality 🙈

Edited by DutchDccFan2.0
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Tulip86 said:

I think it's insane, archaic, and downright sexist. This would never ever ever be allowed where I'm from by law. It angers and disgusts me to no end.

I suppose that it is, but I get why the rule is in place.  The organization has every right to cover their bases.  I'm not thinking of a player and a cheerleader as a consenting man and a woman, seeing each other privately in their own homes.  I'm thinking of bars, clubs and parties where bad things have happened.  Look at that party in Beverly Hills two weeks ago.  Someone was killed.  I don't feel a young woman representing the DCC should be at a party like that, considering the optics and risk involved.  The rule is for their protection.  Google NFL shooting.  Money, power and ego are a very dangerous combination.  I certainly wouldn't ever put myself in one of those situations regardless of how exciting dating a rich, powerful player might be.  I value myself and my safety over the image of it all.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Same... I wouldn't be at all surprised... spill it!

Edited by TB12
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Same... I wouldn't be at all surprised... spill it!

Right?! I mean, I don't personally care who wants to show Kat his man sized manicotti, but Holly and Jenna and every other girl who was punished for doing exactly this have got to be rolling over in their tanning beds. Something tells me Lemonbus has some bona-fide intel, and is backed by bona-fide people with bona-fide intel. Just a hunch 😉

BTW, recycling these euphemisms from Grumpy Old Men is giving me life today. I realize it's probably doing the opposite for most of you, please bear with me.

Edited by SamShmam
  • LOL 17
  • Love 5

I just only trust insiders when it comes to cuts, theories about the girls can so easily manipulated or twisted so I rather form my own view instead of believing the first thing I read. But each for their own ofcourse 😊

Edited by DutchDccFan2.0
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I’m stood here with a glass of wine looking at all this spilled tea like 👀 

Interesting. 

I’m also keen to see who has made it to GL, or perhaps more 2GL, as has been discussed GL’s are most likely pretty nailed on.

I just hope my girl Jalyn got SG back, really enjoyed seeing her on the Boots in the Bubble podcast. Hoping to see some more of Hannah soon 🤞🏻

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Jennv said:

It's generous of you to think the intent of the rule is to protect the girls from possibly being raped and/ or murdered, but I don't think that is it. I think they have rule because they know a lot these players party like Caligula, and while it is acceptable for a young, rich guy to spend every weekend at a drug and alcohol fueled orgy, it isnt acceptable for a young lady to do so. Classic old school double standard. Boys will be boys, but girls need to remain virtuous. 

TRUTH!! Oof do I love this.

1 minute ago, DocBrown said:

I’m stood here with a glass of wine looking at all this spilled tea like 👀 

Interesting. 

I’m also keen to see who has made it to GL, or perhaps more 2GL, as has been discussed GL’s are most likely pretty nailed on.

I just hope my girl Jalyn got SG back, really enjoyed seeing her on the Boots in the Bubble podcast. Hoping to see some more of Hannah soon 🤞🏻

These are two of my favorites, I agree. Hannah is my girl crush!!

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I suppose that it is, but I get why the rule is in place.  The organization has every right to cover their bases.  I'm not thinking of a player and a cheerleader as a consenting man and a woman, seeing each other privately in their own homes.  I'm thinking of bars, clubs and parties where bad things have happened.  Look at that party in Beverly Hills two weeks ago.  Someone was killed.  I don't feel a young woman representing the DCC should be at a party like that, considering the optics and risk involved.  The rule is for their protection.  Google NFL shooting.  Money, power and ego are a very dangerous combination.  I certainly wouldn't ever put myself in one of those situations regardless of how exciting dating a rich, powerful player might be.  I value myself and my safety over the image of it all.

I get where you’re coming from, but some of the cheerleaders are in their mid to late 20s. They’re not all little girls. Nonetheless, the non-frat rule doesn’t stop cheerleaders from being at a party where they could be hurt. NFL players are hardly the only rich and powerful people in town, and most workplaces have clauses that allow them to fire people if they engage in conduct that reflects poorly on the organization, as it is. So, if a cheerleader was at a dangerous or raucous parties where drugs and other criminal behavior was rampant, they wouldn’t need a non-frat clause to fire them.

Most non-frat and nepotism clauses are in place to protect the integrity and professionalism in the workplace and to prevent situations that are breeding grounds for sexual harassment and other unethical behaviors, not to control the employees’ personal relationships.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

These are two of my favorites, I agree. Hannah is my girl crush!!

Me too. I think she’s awesome. Every time I see her in previous audition(s? Has she tried out a couple of times?) I’m like how did she not make it first time?! 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

It's generous of you to think the intent of the rule is to protect the girls from possibly being raped and/ or murdered, but I don't think that is it. I think they have rule because they know a lot these players party like Caligula, and while it is acceptable for a young, rich guy to spend every weekend at a drug and alcohol fueled orgy, it isnt acceptable for a young lady to do so. Classic old school double standard. Boys will be boys, but girls need to remain virtuous. 

I appreciate that, I do.  But I think that partying like Caligula is super dangerous and a tiny little 115 pound cheerleader is no match for 250 pound football players.  Regardless of whether it's acceptable for young women to be in these situations, alcohol + drugs + orgies + god complex = danger.  It's just not safe.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lemonbus230 said:

They aren’t trying to hide anything, they haven’t selected group leaders yet.

Even though lots of them have mentioned rehearsing in groups? 
That’s interesting - I wonder how they’ve assigned the rehearsal groups so far then? 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I appreciate that, I do.  But I think that partying like Caligula is super dangerous and a tiny little 115 pound cheerleader is no match for 250 pound football players.  Regardless of whether it's acceptable for young women to be in these situations, alcohol + drugs + orgies + god complex = danger.  It's just not safe.

I'm not disagreeing, I think it's unsafe too, but unsafe men at football parties for young women comes in all kinds of packages. Big football players and small married billionaires who own football players.

image.png.99078e2dc507ae283dfcbb0494cc8758.png

Edited by SamShmam
DETAILS!!
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Fandom says she auditioned at 19 and has tried out every year since, but I don't know how old she is now. Good for her. 

https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Hannah_(S13_Rookie)

I’m sure I’ve seen her at least a couple of times before she made it. Although they’ve been showing the later series here in the UK so between that and Pluto they’re kinda blurring for me a little bit 😂 

Anyway, Team Hannah 💪🏻

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

Even though lots of them have mentioned rehearsing in groups? 
That’s interesting - I wonder how they’ve assigned the rehearsal groups so far then? 

Yeah I agree, they've for sure been practicing in groups, and that means practicing formations with the group leaders at the front. Also it makes 0 sense that they haven't picked leaders yet when they've picked show group... and they keep mentioning routine roulette and its been shown in the past that it is the 1st leader's job to pick the right routine 

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

I'm not disagreeing, I think it's unsafe too, but unsafe men at football parties for young women comes in all kinds of packages. Big football players and small married billionaires who own football players.

image.png.99078e2dc507ae283dfcbb0494cc8758.png

Omg!!!! 😲

• LOL 3

I would also say that if they’re so concerned with the safety of the cheerleaders, then they shouldn’t  have them at training camp until 1 and 2 am, waiting for girls to get cut. They’re lucky no one has fallen asleep on the interstate driving home.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Yeah I agree, they've for sure been practicing in groups, and that means practicing formations with the group leaders at the front. Also it makes 0 sense that they haven't picked leaders yet when they've picked show group... and they keep mentioning routine roulette and its been shown in the past that it is the 1st leader's job to pick the right routine 

Yes! Good point. I know that’s one part I really enjoy watching - more from the leaders and how they react to different songs. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

Hmmm I wonder if that's why Kelcey is no longer rooming with Kat??? If someone can, will you please PM me the tea on the Kat/player situation!!! 🙂

I was wondering the same thing and please feel free to share spilled tea with me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I’m confused. I very clearly said it was a rule in my post, and that the DCCs selective enforcement is problematic. I just don’t personally care about the rule, and I’m not going to care about it <shrugs>. I don’t care about someone jaywalking (outside of extreme circumstances) either.... We don’t all have to be up in arms about the same things.

Let me apologize. This was definitely not directed at your post. I truly apologize for that. I think I clicked the button to agree with a sentence in your post, and I didn't realize that it was referencing your post. Again, I am sorry, and I think my intent had actually been to support you. Bear with me, I am older so I am not as good with technology. 🤦‍♀️

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Roullete is not the same as tags. Tags are when they have to choose the right dance. Roulette is when they don’t know what sideline is going to come on.

• Useful 3
11 minutes ago, jlc said:

Let me apologize. This was definitely not directed at your post. I truly apologize for that. I think I clicked the button to agree with a sentence in your post, and I didn't realize that it was referencing your post. Again, I am sorry, and I think my intent had actually been to support you. Bear with me, I am older so I am not as good with technology. 🤦‍♀️

No worries, and no need to apologize. It happens! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Roullete is not the same as tags. Tags are when they have to choose the right dance. Roulette is when they don’t know what sideline is going to come on.

ok that makes sense, but the sidelines still have formations to practice where the GLs are up front.