Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I have no kick with Meredith. She’s nowhere near the worst dancer they’ve ever had and she’s gorgeous and seems to have a nice personality. I mean, we can agree that most of this is subjective anyway and people make the squad for all kinds of reasons so I was never all that worked up about Meredith being on the team. She brought something to the table. I do always feel bad when vets get cut. It must be heartbreaking. 

Edited by veronicamers
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

She claims it's the "best of the best" technical dancers who make show group.

If only she would actually do what she says! It seems to me she talks out of her ass more than she talks out of her mouth. 

• Love 5

If Meredith was indeed cut, aside from her issues with choreography, does anyone know if she had any other strikes against her from last season (lateness, etc.)? At least she had a year as a DCC which is more than many TCC  can say.  

• Love 4

My sense has been that Kelli has those talks at the end of the season in which she says in what I would guess might be an obtuse way that unless they do X then they might have difficulty in a 2nd year. I think some people think through it & decide to retire while others just forge forward.  I think the handwriting was on the wall and Meredith couldn’t read the tea leaves.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Ok I’m not the only one so please address everyone not just me 

I don’t see how it could be aimed at you Holly. You just said that the girl crush of Kelli got cut, which follows a distinct pattern. Your reaction has nothing to do with hating on Meredith.

For some reason Kelli adopts a less that stellar dancer to be her favourite for the season and then cuts the said girl the next season.

Just because she can. I call it abuse of power.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
33 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Sighs and looks wistfully into the sunrise and thinks.......we haters will always have Victoria. Wipes single teardrop.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

OMG LOL

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

I would add Chandi.  She has a sparkle about her.

Love Chandi, Kelcey, Amanda, and Kat!  Not necessarily in that order.  They are the best of the best rookies from last year!!!  IMO

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, Crazy4realityTV said:

According to my sources, 

Meredith has been cut 

I'm surprised it took so long.  However, I think she would have been cut at Finals if Training Camp had been held the normal way this year.  I know of a few others that had the possibility of being cut at Finals given the strength of the current rookie candidate class.

6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Wow why did she get cut ? 

That's what I would like to know as well, but, given Kelli's penchant for crushing on a girl enough (Morgan, Breelan, and now Meredith) to put her on the squad even as other girls who tick all the boxes get cut for spurious reasons to make room for these types of girls.

5 hours ago, cgloss said:

PLEASE let this be true. She was so weak. 

It would be in keeping with Kelli’s MO. Crushes on a super weak dancer for a year, then tires of her the next. 

I agree that she was one of the weakest dancers in the room along with Christina and, IMO, neither of them should have made the squad in the first place, but we also know Kelli and she doesn't always make the best decisions for the squad in terms of dancers.

5 hours ago, El Burro said:

YES. A kind hearted, classically trained dancer pursued a dream, learned new skills and fought hard. Yet she was attacked, personally by those that do not even know her. I hope all the haters can find a new victim to pursue in the future.

She may be kind-hearted and classically trained who did all you said, but she also had memory mistakes and could not pick up their style of dance well enough to perform it consistently even when she was performing them on a regular basis.  That's a problem that was probably mentioned (I just can't remember if it was done on camera or not) and yet we never heard anything about her working on it OR the dances to correct her issues.  We've heard AND seen Kelli cut girls for memory mistakes in the past so why them but Meredith gets a pass for the same thing?  I applaud her for audition two years in a row and actually making the squad, but, if she did get cut, take the year she got and cherish it, but move on to other pursuits and leave this one behind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
16 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

For those of you that need a visual:

112904185_ScreenShot2020-08-14at6_09_49PM.thumb.jpg.faa9f939c5879b552e9103c7a57e208c.jpg

Unless someone had a terrible solo I feel like the only one that was likely one of the 2 cuts is Cianna. 

Ok, so I have never understood Daphne, Lexie or Tess on Show Group.  Lexie has pop in some styles, but, Daphne and Tess as much as I like them as DCCs seem like blenders and not Show Group material.  

And oh my goodness if Savannah made show group I will cry!  Love her personality and as a DCC, but, there are much stronger dancers on the team.

Has anyone considered Gina might have pulled out of Show Group due to her injury?  Maybe she needs the year to recoup and not push herself so hard and would rather have another year on the squad?

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

I know people are ragging on Kelli for taking chances on diamonds in the rough like Morgan and Breelan, but Savannah also wasn’t the strongest dancing during Training Camp and ended up being ROTY.  Ashlee also seemed like she could have easily been cut because she didn’t have tons of dance experience, and now she’s a team favorite. 

I appreciate that Kelli takes chances on some less-than-stellar dancers and gives them a year to (hopefully) improve. But some girls just never improve, so it’s Sayonara in their Second Year. 

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm surprised it took so long.  However, I think she would have been cut at Finals if Training Camp had been held the normal way this year.  I know of a few others that had the possibility of being cut at Finals given the strength of the current rookie candidate class.

That's what I would like to know as well, but, given Kelli's penchant for crushing on a girl enough (Morgan, Breelan, and now Meredith) to put her on the squad even as other girls who tick all the boxes get cut for spurious reasons to make room for these types of girls.

I agree that she was one of the weakest dancers in the room along with Christina and, IMO, neither of them should have made the squad in the first place, but we also know Kelli and she doesn't always make the best decisions for the squad in terms of dancers.

She may be kind-hearted and classically trained who did all you said, but she also had memory mistakes and could not pick up their style of dance well enough to perform it consistently even when she was performing them on a regular basis.  That's a problem that was probably mentioned (I just can't remember if it was done on camera or not) and yet we never heard anything about her working on it OR the dances to correct her issues.  We've heard AND seen Kelli cut girls for memory mistakes in the past so why them but Meredith gets a pass for the same thing?  I applaud her for audition two years in a row and actually making the squad, but, if she did get cut, take the year she got and cherish it, but move on to other pursuits and leave this one behind.

I’m honestly worried for several of the rookies from last year.  I feel bad for Meredith, but, I am not shocked in the least.   I am worried for Lily, I like her and she is a team favorite, but still worried.  Kristin too.  I wish they would find a reason for Lisa to go.  Don’t know why but she comes across as the mean girl to me and not America’s Sweetheart material.  I keep remembering the group leader discussion with K & J last year and it seemed the group leaders were hesitant to give her stickers.  I wonder if that changed over the year.

This is a year with several rockstar TCCs and whether or not they make one certain rookie look bad or not, Kelly will not be able to deny the talent.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Going back to the mask vs no mask debate - if they've all been tested and have negative test results, then why can't they go without their masks when only around each other? I can see when in public areas, wearing a mask. Did anyone else have this same thought?

I feel bad if Meredith got cut. She's beautiful, seems very sweet. I agree that she is not the strongest with their style, but I can't imagine she is that off. She also seems like a good teammate. 

Now to Lisa, prior to her birthday this year (while in the bubble), it seems that hardly any of the girls had much to say about her or to do with her. I never notice other DCC making comments on IG of her posts, at least not as many or frequently as the others. When she was teaching those heels classes, I never saw any other DCC featured as taking her classes. I may have missed something, but she just doesn't seem to fit in. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Going back to the mask vs no mask debate - if they've all been tested and have negative test results, then why can't they go without their masks when only around each other? I can see when in public areas, wearing a mask. Did anyone else have this same thought?

I feel bad if Meredith got cut. She's beautiful, seems very sweet. I agree that she is not the strongest with their style, but I can't imagine she is that off. She also seems like a good teammate. 

Now to Lisa, prior to her birthday this year (while in the bubble), it seems that hardly any of the girls had much to say about her or to do with her. I never notice other DCC making comments on IG of her posts, at least not as many or frequently as the others. When she was teaching those heels classes, I never saw any other DCC featured as taking her classes. I may have missed something, but she just doesn't seem to fit in. 

I’ve seen alexis Christina Ashlee Erin Kat Victoria Miranda Gina etc comment on her ig posts 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, SamShmam said:

I applaud all of this. ALL OF IT. I never hated Meredith, in fact, I think she was just used as Kelli's pawn in a compare and contrast edit so Victoria's glaring defects weren't as apparent. Meredith served her purpose and there's clearly no reason to keep her around anymore. I think Kat served the same purpose but that backfired because 1) People actually grew to like her and 2) She's a pretty, outgoing, qualified WOC, and they'd be nuts to cut her and they know it.

Kat shouldn’t even be in TC. She should have been cut months ago. But another example of TPTB looking past rule breaking for certain women and not others.

• Love 3

I'm not surprised if they cut Meredith. They almost always cut a vet at finals, and this year they have even more ammo to use since they had been watching the rookies do the dances for 2 weeks before they saw the solos. We heard rumors all year that Meredith was still messing up the choreo at games, she was an extra in the first place since they took 37 just to have her, so yeah, she would be an easy choice of a vet to cut this year.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Here's my thought, and those who are more learned than I, please correct me if I'm spreading misinformation about transmission, it is not my intention to do so.

If the other cast members and crew aren't "in the bubble" (K&J, Charlotte, camera people, production, etc) at all times and are coming and going, then there really is no bubble. I think there's a general failure of understanding on their part that ANY CONTACT with ANYONE who has not been completely sequestered increases the chances of viral transmission. I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives, but viral transmission 101 is pretty basic. We spread it through contact (via airborne and surface particulates) with carriers or those who are sick, and unless every single person is tested, cleared and quarantined 100% of the time (pretty much impossible), there's risk. Which is why I think this season is incredibly reckless and irresponsible. Yet here I am for it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, El Burro said:

YES. A kind hearted, classically trained dancer pursued a dream, learned new skills and fought hard. Yet she was attacked, personally by those that do not even know her. I hope all the haters can find a new victim to pursue in the future.

I haven’t seen any “personal” attacks towards Meredith. She absolutely is a great technical dancer but that doesn’t mean she’s good for DCC and that’s hardly an insult tbh. There are a lot of videos of her messing up. Everyone has dreams but that doesn’t mean that we all have the same skills. She got a year, now she can go on to something suitable for her where she can really shine.

1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

Ok, so I have never understood Daphne, Lexie or Tess on Show Group.  Lexie has pop in some styles, but, Daphne and Tess as much as I like them as DCCs seem like blenders and not Show Group material.  

And oh my goodness if Savannah made show group I will cry!  Love her personality and as a DCC, but, there are much stronger dancers on the team.

Has anyone considered Gina might have pulled out of Show Group due to her injury?  Maybe she needs the year to recoup and not push herself so hard and would rather have another year on the squad?

Uhm, I never understood Tess for GL (apart from the fact that they didn’t have any other upper vets to choose from) and certainly not as part of the freaking triangle. 

14 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Yeah, I think the consensus is that they’re doing it for the show & to look “responsible”. If all girls are actually tested weekly and all show as negative, don’t get out of the hotel, don’t interact with others etc them yeah there’s 0 chance any of them will get infected. I’m not happy with their decision to have TC for various reasons but I care about them taking actual steps to protect the girls, not about seeing photos of the girls in masks even though they don’t need to wear one.

And nothing that Kelli does or says this year is going to convince me she’s a decent person, considering that she thinks it’s ok to force girls with Mono to go through the entire practice and won’t let any sick girls stay at home. Just because other viruses probably won’t kill you or leave lasting effects, doesn’t mean it’s ok for an employer to torture a sick employee and risk everyone else’s health 🙂

• Love 17

There's no question Meredith is stunning.  She is classically trained and couldn't quite nail the DCC power pom style.  If this cut is indeed true and if she wants it, I hope she considers working on perfecting that style, re-auditions and comes back as strong as Erin did who came from a similar dance background.

Otherwise, I hope Meredith moves on to the next chapter of her life and enjoys the hell out of it.  She seems like a super nice person and deserves to do so.

• Love 22

Soooo ... which of the TCCs will Kelli make a redhead? Or is there already one? I don’t think last year’s class had any either, so I bet Kelli is chomping at the bit to get another redhead. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Soooo ... which of the TCCs will Kelli make a redhead? Or is there already one? I don’t think last year’s class had any either, so I bet Kelli is chomping at the bit to get another redhead. 

I don't know but hopefully Kelli finds a nice red-orange floor for one of them to lie down on to match the color....

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, El Burro said:

She didnt deserved the hate she got, she was just a slow learner

• LOL 1
55 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Here's my thought, and those who are more learned than I, please correct me if I'm spreading misinformation about transmission, it is not my intention to do so.

If the other cast members and crew aren't "in the bubble" (K&J, Charlotte, camera people, production, etc) at all times and are coming and going, then there really is no bubble. I think there's a general failure of understanding on their part that ANY CONTACT with ANYONE who has not been completely sequestered increases the chances of viral transmission. I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives, but viral transmission 101 is pretty basic. We spread it through contact (via airborne and surface particulates) with carriers or those who are sick, and unless every single person is tested, cleared and quarantined 100% of the time (pretty much impossible), there's risk. Which is why I think this season is incredibly reckless and irresponsible. Yet here I am for it.

Very good points that I didn't actually think about - the crew and misc. other people who may be going in and out of the bubble. Thank you for helping me see another perspective. 

I keep wondering what they will even do as a team this year. Maybe there will be football games to perform at, maybe they will have a masked appearance or 2. I guess time will tell.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, cgloss said:

TCC Kelly has red hair

Further proof that Sheridan is out of the bubble / cut:

This is from her Instagram story

71B105DE-FB58-4595-8DF3-C0DFEAEC2544.jpeg

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I’ve seen alexis Christina Ashlee Erin Kat Victoria Miranda Gina etc comment on her ig posts 

I have also seen several of these girls post on Lisa's IG. I'm not saying she never gets responses, I'm just saying that she gets a lot less than all of the other girls, in my opinion. I've also noticed that Victoria gets some responses, but also not as many as the others. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

image.thumb.png.e620454b7f10f04cfbd3d7f10709495a.png

It's not nearly as pretty as what some of y'all have done, but it's functional.

SO many 3rd years! Does anyone remember the last time there were this many left from a rookie class by year 3? 

edited to add: thanks for the awesome visual/chart! I needed that! Lol

Edited by KickBallFall
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Very good points that I didn't actually think about - the crew and misc. other people who may be going in and out of the bubble. Thank you for helping me see another perspective. 

There is no going in and out of the bubble - Kelli, Judy and crew members are there as well.  Charlotte and the guest choreographers are virtual.

It's just what @dreamcatcher said above - to look responsible.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Stee said:

It’s also possible Kelli and Judi saw how talented the group of TCC are, and realized Meredith wasn’t in the Top 36/38.  I know the idea was to keep the Veterans since training camp is so short and they have the experience, but maybe the writing was on the wall for Meredith. And she was never featured much on the DCC Instagram, so I always got the feeling she was never a favorite, and never brought much in terms of charisma or personality.  That’s not a personal attack, just a casual observation. I’m sure she’s a nice girl, but at the end of the day it’s about picking the top 36-38 (*or your daughters or your best friend’s daughter.)

Also, I’m really rooting for all the TCCOC (that’s a new term I made up meaning Training Candidates of Color):  Armani, Darian, Sydney, Jada.  Hoping they all make it, but we need to make room for them and maybe Meredith is the casualty.  We have enough blender Blondes and Brunettes and not enough Black Girl Magic!

A million likes!!!

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I didn't even recall Daphne being a DCC.  She isn't ever mentioned here at all.

I find her to be forgettable. She is pretty, but she blends in with the other blondes. Her dancing is good, but doesn't have any sort of pop. 

Edited by StarWarner
Grammar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

The only time I think about Daphne is from the calendar shoot a couple years ago (last year? time is a flat circle LOL) when she was way too skinny. And "they" kept photoshopping or deleting and reposting photos from different angles to make her seem less so. Same thing with Gina.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

The only time I think about Daphne is from the calendar shoot a couple years ago (last year? time is a flat circle LOL) when she was way too skinny. And "they" kept photoshopping or deleting and reposting photos from different angles to make her seem less so. Same thing with Gina.

Yeah, that and her "college graduation"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

TCC Kelly is a red head and Claire W looks like strawberry blonde already.  Could spice them both up a bit with make overs.  

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I remember them showing her doing poorly in show group auditions last year. Then, they went on about how Jalyn didn’t earn her spot back on show group. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Nine out of ten times her name is misspelled here so I can't blame you.

1 hour ago, KickBallFall said:

SO many 3rd years! Does anyone remember the last time there were this many left from a rookie class by year 3? 

edited to add: thanks for the awesome visual/chart! I needed that! Lol

Let’s not jinx it but hopefully they will all stay on. The rest can retire and we wouldn’t even notice

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Let’s not jinx it but hopefully they will all stay on. The rest can retire and we wouldn’t even notice

I hope so too! I have a feeling that there will be VERY few vet retirements because most will want to finish on a normal year with lots of performances.

• Love 3

With the TCC having to wear masks and hide their beautiful faces, Kelli & Judy can solely focus on who makes it at dancing and not be mesmerized by looks & even facial expressions. Do you kill it at dancing or not? Can you execute the kick line & jumpsplit or not? Do you demand attention even with your face hidden? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5