Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 12/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, lexie3248 said:

IMG_0046.thumb.jpg.bde404483688c27d25b93581b3182ded.jpg

I saw this reposted on Caroline's story with Ashlee, Caroline, Victoria, and Kelcey kicking. 

When I first looked at this I read the highlighted information in red, then immediately looked at the feet above. Without looking any further I know exactly which one was Victoria. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• LOL 6
On 12/16/2020 at 6:45 PM, Pies said:

Perfect figure, in great shape, beautiful, fun to watch

I am #TeamKat.  She wasn't her best in this episode,  I'll begrudgingly admit that.   But she was not the worst on the field..... that was Annabelle, Alora-Rose, and Meredith.

Kat had some serious pop doing the field entrance....I couldn't take my eyes off of her and Elli.  I remember over the summer when Kat did the podcast "Boots in the Bubble" with Kashara and she said she had a breakthrough....I think she's gonna turn it around.... I'm still rooting for her. 

I don't get why Sheridan was cut....I personally think it was the calling Kelli "girl" that sealed her fate bc her dancing was powerful.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SMP637 said:

I am #TeamKat.  She wasn't her best in this episode,  I'll begrudgingly admit that.   But she was not the worst on the field..... that was Annabelle, Alora-Rose, and Meredith.

Kat had some serious pop doing the field entrance....I couldn't take my eyes off of her and Elli.  I remember over the summer when Kat did the podcast "Boots in the Bubble" with Kashara and she said she had a breakthrough....I think she's gonna turn it around.... I'm still rooting for her. 

I don't get why Sheridan was cut....I personally think it was the calling Kelli "girl" that sealed her fate bc her dancing was powerful.

I agree. Kat is my girl and I was rooting for her since last season even when she was struggling. She still seems to be but she is definitely not the worse one on the field. I know she is capable of turning things around.

And as for Sheridan, once she called Kelli "girl" that was a done deal. There was no turning back, unfortunately. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Lol, right? I got kinda irrationally angry when I rewatched Taras cut. Remembering all the scuttle from the forums at the time, I tried to pay attention to the editing and what was said. For those not around at the time, it was that Tara complained privately to someone she trusted about Victoria’s extra special treatment and then was betrayed by said person. True? I dunno. But for me,Tara’s “I don’t want to let you off so easily” is telling. 

Yes! Isn’t that Item #1 on the checklist for How To Be A Dictator For Dummies? Keep the masses uneducated and scared. They are easier to control.  

There was for sure some hijinks in the Tara editing...but honestly, she looked to me like she was struggling.  I was never a big Tara fan from her rookie year...short legs, blender, etc.  But I liked her personality and she definitely had an approachable, sporty cute vibe.  I love peeps like this on the squad, alongside the glam girls, super athletic/buff, etc.

But she looked run down to me for her veteran camp, starting with the swimsuit photo shoot and her office visits.  Seemed like more of an outside of DCC, real life issues she wasn't able to work through while sparkling for the DCC.  So while upset for her and her teammates as she seemed much beloved, it didn't seem like she needed to be on the squad that year.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I'm also a huge Kat fan and supporter.  The thing with Kat is that she messes up, but when she's on, she's a star and you can't take your eyes off her.

When Meredith gets it right, you just feel relieved she didn't mess up.  But I wouldn't say she stands out in a group of dancers.

Lily and Brennan unfortunately are not the strongest dancers in the group - clean but blenders.  And as someone mentioned above, it really does sound like Lily is on the verge of tears whenever she speaks.  I just think they were outdanced by prettier blonde rookies - Dani and Jessica are both stunning.  I always notice them in the groups when they are dancing, and it's pretty amazing considering half the time they are wearing masks and you can still see their beauty.  

So far, this hasn't been my favorite season to watch (it seems very one-note because it's 8 episodes of dancing in a hotel conference room), but bigger picture I'm excited by the group of Rookies.  They have amazing, exciting dancers (Amanda, Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi, Caroline, Amber, Armani, Darian) and also some of the prettiest girls in a while (Rachel W, Kat, Darian, Dani, Jessica).  Especially after two seasons of such "Meh" leaders and points (Amy, Maddie, Tess, snooze city).  

Edited by Stee
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

One of the first images to pop up when you google “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders” I can’t stop cackling

6A76E45D-4220-466F-A7EA-EBFECB1E1D38.jpeg

I hate this outfit...I know it's supposed to mimic a football uniform, but to me it just looks cheap

• Love 9
12 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

A doctor friend of mine told me that our of all cases that lose taste and smell, as many as 50% haven’t gotten it back after 6 weeks. They’re not sure if it’s permanent in some people or what. 

OMG other people are having this issue too? I lost taste and smell but got it back after about two weeks, but I also know someone who lost smell and three months later still has no smell!

9 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

One of the first images to pop up when you google “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders” I can’t stop cackling

6A76E45D-4220-466F-A7EA-EBFECB1E1D38.jpeg

the whole right side looks like they should be on weight warning 😬 (and of course I'll add the disclaimer....they all look great, but not DCC great).  I know it has been mentioned before, but when it comes to the uniforms, especially the regular 'iconic' one, why can't they get better fitting or custom tailored for these girls!  It drives me crazy when a girl is mostly cut for not looking good in the uniform, when it is made for them?!?!  If a dancer is good enough, a costume should be tailored to make her look good, instead of here is an inch a fabric and if you can't make it look good, sorry!  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

this is the best pic i’ve ever seen of my girl—her hairline is better, the lighter hair color is really flattering, and she just looks gorgeous! love her 

I agree 100 % !!  She is such a beautiful girl and I think she is way underestimated as a dancer!!! 

• Love 6

What's so crazy to me is Brennan is always beautifully dressed whether to a wedding or present Abby bear. Why all the sudden would she show up in jeans and a basic tank to an important meeting. Something smells fishy here. 

Also .....does Judy even talk anymore? She very rarely smiles and has a very flat affect. Sometimes I think it's just a statue of Judy and she's out shopping or something. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I love Kat’s look and personality, but she was extremely lucky to make the team last year. She was completely lost for most of TC last year, at least the parts they showed. If it wasn’t for Meredith’s struggles, it would’ve been even more glaring. You know it’s bad when even I think the two best looking rookies should’ve been cut. 

I LOVE Kat.. have from day one. I love her personality and I don't personally think she comes off ditzy.. just more like she's trying to be funny. Can't say the same for Meredith.. to me she is the one who seems ditzy lol. Almost like she's half asleep all the time. 

That being said.. Kat isn't the best dancer. I wonder if Kat was scouted for the team? There are DCC scouts that approach girls on college dance teams and on other pro teams and Kat was a Charlotte Honeybee dancer in NC.. so it's highly possible she got approached and told to audition for DCC. If she got scouted, they might give her a little more leeway than another girl because they personally hand picked her and told her they'd like her to audition.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cj1 said:

What's so crazy to me is Brennan is always beautifully dressed whether to a wedding or present Abby bear. Why all the sudden would she show up in jeans and a basic tank to an important meeting. Something smells fishy here. 

Also .....does Judy even talk anymore? She very rarely smiles and has a very flat affect. Sometimes I think it's just a statue of Judy and she's out shopping or something. 

Sometimes I wonder if Judy is fed up with the ridiculous antics and knows her opinions will be overruled by Kelly. Time and time again the team has had dance strugglers that I assume Judy would not pick for the team if it was up to her. Maybe she's just staying quiet for a few more years before retiring?

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, FutureCPA18 said:

Sometimes I wonder if Judy is fed up with the ridiculous antics and knows her opinions will be overruled by Kelly. Time and time again the team has had dance strugglers that I assume Judy would not pick for the team if it was up to her. Maybe she's just staying quiet for a few more years before retiring?

that reminds me of that one gif of victoria falling out of turn where judy looks horrified but immediately becomes jovial when she sees kelli’s reaction. when victoria was in seasons and 13 and 14, judy didn’t seem to care nearly as much as kelli did. maybe she’s mum because she knows her spawn benefited from nepotism as well, but i also like to think she’s sick of kelli’s shit and is never going to agree, so just keeps quiet to preserve peace/her job. i remember either she or kelli said that judy prefers the technical dancers while kelli is a sucker for a pretty face—so yeah again i like to think she’s sick of kelli’s shit. she didn’t seem nearly as taken by kat and meredith as kelli was, for example 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, GaveIn said:

the whole right side looks like they should be on weight warning 😬 (and of course I'll add the disclaimer....they all look great, but not DCC great).  I know it has been mentioned before, but when it comes to the uniforms, especially the regular 'iconic' one, why can't they get better fitting or custom tailored for these girls!  It drives me crazy when a girl is mostly cut for not looking good in the uniform, when it is made for them?!?!  If a dancer is good enough, a costume should be tailored to make her look good, instead of here is an inch a fabric and if you can't make it look good, sorry!  

Who is that behind Maddie in front of CIanna, holy chubby (DCC chubby) wow, and Cianna and Maddie both look chubby too. Again, if they had proper fitting costumes they'd probably look great!!!

Also, re: Kat, clearly nobody in her friendship circle is reading this board bc they're not doing her any favors. If you're a friend of Kat, for the love of all that is good and holy, tell her to act like a mature young lady the whole ditzy thing is such a turnoff & makes her sooooo unlikable... 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Lexie.

Has she ever been on WW? or is it the costume and angle just make her look VERY CHUNKY (DCC chunky obvs) bc i'd love to be as chunky as any of them!

19 hours ago, KoKo said:

I couldn't agree more with everything you said!   Lisa, uh uh. Just no.    

And I recall the comment on how chic and trendy Brennan's outfit was ~ but that doesn't mean it's appropriate in every setting!  I don't dislike Brennan ~ I think she's a lovely young lady with class and integrity. And her performance ability, I think she's fine.   This too being unpopular- with some of the rookies' rockstar performances- I'm not devastated or completely shocked that she was cut.  I/ thought this is what this forum is about.  The fact that it was said that I need to focus on criticizing Lisa instead or to leave Brennan alone...... if we can't voice our opinion, I have no intention to stop doing so!! 

I completely agree with you. I also wasn't devastated or completely shocked that she was cut. Brennan might be popular on these forums for very good reasons, she just didn't match up to a lot of the girls, look wise.

The question is/was: how can someone find themselves on the team and after a couple of seasons out of the team for no reason? I think asking the question is also answering it: Waco Kelli

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, SMP637 said:

15 hours ago, SMP637 said:

14 hours ago, jammen said:

I agree. Kat is my girl and I was rooting for her since last season even when she was struggling. She still seems to be but she is definitely not the worse one on the field. I know she is capable of turning things around.

And as for Sheridan, once she called Kelli "girl" that was a done deal. There was no turning back, unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, Stee said:

I'm also a huge Kat fan and supporter.  The thing with Kat is that she messes up, but when she's on, she's a star and you can't take your eyes off her.

When Meredith gets it right, you just feel relieved she didn't mess up.  But I wouldn't say she stands out in a group of dancers.

Lily and Brennan unfortunately are not the strongest dancers in the group - clean but blenders.  And as someone mentioned above, it really does sound like Lily is on the verge of tears whenever she speaks.  I just think they were outdanced by prettier blonde rookies - Dani and Jessica are both stunning.  I always notice them in the groups when they are dancing, and it's pretty amazing considering half the time they are wearing masks and you can still see their beauty.  

So far, this hasn't been my favorite season to watch (it seems very one-note because it's 8 episodes of dancing in a hotel conference room), but bigger picture I'm excited by the group of Rookies.  They have amazing, exciting dancers (Amanda, Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi, Caroline, Amber, Armani, Darian) and also some of the prettiest girls in a while (Rachel W, Kat, Darian, Dani, Jessica).  Especially after two seasons of such "Meh" leaders and points (Amy, Maddie, Tess, snooze city).  

I am also #TeamKat, all the way. I think Kat is fun and has glamour. Airhead or not. Kat decided long time ago that she had 2 choices: trying to be someone else and sound smart but boring, or being Kat and being fun. She chose to be Kat, who was convinced that the Dallas Cowboys were going to the Super Bowl because the Super Bowl was on her birthday.

Talking about airheads, I don't think the DCC had many philosophers on the team.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Has she ever been on WW? or is it the costume and angle just make her look VERY CHUNKY (DCC chunky obvs) bc i'd love to be as chunky as any of them!

I 100% think it's the costume. The shorts seem extreeeeeemely tight.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

I completely agree with you. I also wasn't devastated or completely shocked that she was cut. Brennan might be popular on these forums for very good reasons, she just didn't match up to a lot of the girls, look wise.

The question is/was: how can someone find themselves on the team and after a couple of seasons out of the team for no reason? I think asking the question is also answering it: Waco Kelli

Waco Kelli, lmao !!   But yes, exactly!!   I think that one factor alone is what is so upsetting.

• LOL 1

Hannah seems to be one of the more athletic girls, if you look at those few seconds when they film her standing next to Kat (possibly to make her look pale by comparison), you notice she isn't breathing hard at all, she had discipline it seems, another reason they should show her more respect.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

that reminds me of that one gif of victoria falling out of turn where judy looks horrified but immediately becomes jovial when she sees kelli’s reaction. when victoria was in seasons and 13 and 14, judy didn’t seem to care nearly as much as kelli did. maybe she’s mum because she knows her spawn benefited from nepotism as well, but i also like to think she’s sick of kelli’s shit and is never going to agree, so just keeps quiet to preserve peace/her job. i remember either she or kelli said that judy prefers the technical dancers while kelli is a sucker for a pretty face—so yeah again i like to think she’s sick of kelli’s shit. she didn’t seem nearly as taken by kat and meredith as kelli was, for example 

I've noticed for several years now that Judy has stopped with her opinions/reasons on who should make the team or not. I think it all started the year Cassie re-auditioning for the team and they asked her to "step out" so that judges could talk about Cassie during her injured year. 

I have noticed in the last 5 years minimum that she's been mostly "mum" on who should be on the team or not.  She rarely even critiques during dances other than "mistakes, mistakes, mistakes". Even when they are cut, she just sits there on her stool. silent.  Then once the cut person leaves the office Kelli will turn to her and make a comment and Judy mostly just nods her head in agreement or states something along the lines of "well she was always going to struggle."

In regards to the picture posted by Bunnyhops96  the only thing I see in that picture is a "hot mess".  I don't have any problem with anyones weight in the pic, because even Amanda who is very slim looks like her belly is is jiggling, so it's definitely the cut of the uniform.   But all I see is hair flying around and everyone in differing positions trying to do a hair flip. Definitely NOT what I would consider a world class performance.  

• Love 9

I know a lot of us are wondering what happened with Ashlinn.  One thing I noticed was on across the field, I kept thinking she was Vic.  I thought that on some of the field regular dancing too.  I am wondering if old Kells and her pal Tina didn't decide they were too silimar?  I haven't seen anything else yet that would justify it.........

• Love 8

The sleeves look like they are separate from the top, which would give the option of leaving them off and not necessarily an armpit cutout on a whole top.

Either way, I don’t like those outfits at all. Especially the criss-cross threads right in the crotch.

• Love 4

As Head Choreographer.......Judy should be doing most of the decision making on picking the team.  I have noticed her agreeing or shaking her head when Kelli says something about the girls. It is really noticeable this year

. I have never heard her disagree and say something like " Hannah rocks...one of my best dancers. No way are you cutting her Kelli"

I agree with above post...Judy is keeping on the down low till retirement.

• Love 15
54 minutes ago, Opine said:

I know a lot of us are wondering what happened with Ashlinn.  One thing I noticed was on across the field, I kept thinking she was Vic.  I thought that on some of the field regular dancing too.  I am wondering if old Kells and her pal Tina didn't decide they were too silimar?  I haven't seen anything else yet that would justify it.........

Funny, I thought that too. At first, I saw a TCC leaning back and eating something...she looked exhausted and a bit scraggly. I thought, "wow bad look Victoria." Then I realized the girl was wearing pink and it was Ashlinn. There is a resemblance. I kind of doubt that would be a reason to cut her but anythings possible.

• Love 5
On 12/18/2020 at 12:54 AM, Stee said:

I agree.  That's the thing with Kat, no matter what, you can't take your eyes off of her.

It was interesting when someone said they didn't notice Jada.  Jada may be a better dancer than Kat, but she's kind of just...there.

• Love 2
On 12/16/2020 at 6:39 PM, LaurainAZ said:

I miss Judy yelling. I wish she would yell more. I understand people mellow as they age, but I miss the firey/prickly Judy from the early seasons. 

I think it's been beaten out of her.  Not literally, of course.  But her opinion is so often and so thoroughly disrespected that she never speaks up unless she knows that Kelli and Charlotte agree with her.

Hell, she flinches sometimes.  Like a kicked dog.

Edited by An Offt
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Opine said:

Ashlinn is the big mystery. Why was she cut?!?
I fear that you might be right about Waco Kelli.

47 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I'm not riding the Kat train, my eyes don't typically go to her & if they do its with annoyance bc she's messing up & its allowed bc why? She's pretty??? The organization has gone so far downhill.

I speak out of frustration for all the girls wronged by TPTB. We live their dreams with them then see them get torn down/cut for less than Kat's mistakes or Veruca or even Meredith (who shouldn't have made it) I think of sweet Kali Fullerton or Auto Amy or Taylor (not gumby) or Meghan (THUT---hate that term just for reference) or Viviane or Chandler or Kyndal or the beautiful girl who was the Special Ed teacher (sorry her name is escaping me) or Tara & now Hannah... so many ladies that are far superior in dance and smarts to Kat or Veruca yet here we are...

That would be Alexandra.

• Love 6
On 12/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, Cj1 said:

Something is definitely odd. 

Why did the veterans not have seating like the rookies did when meeting with Kelli in the hotel hallway?  Makes me think this was not a planned meeting.  That would explain why some were dressed more causally than others.  Like others have said, they arrived with their luggage planning on moving in.  Not attending a "first meeting" of TC. 

Just my 2 inconsequential cents.  🤷‍♀️

• Useful 8
  • Love 15
50 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Why did the veterans not have seating like the rookies did when meeting with Kelli in the hotel hallway?  Makes me think this was not a planned meeting.  That would explain why some were dressed more causally than others.  Like others have said, they arrived with their luggage planning on moving in.  Not attending a "first meeting" of TC. 

And Kelli welcomes them to their home for the "next week"??

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Kelli welcomes them to their home for the "next week"??

Also, Kelli welcomes them by stepping up on that odd platform that was nothing like the one she stood on during the rookie's first meeting.

This version looked impromptu to me.  Something was off.  Nothing like the usual planned meetings where nothing is out of place.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, LynneH said:

I've noticed for several years now that Judy has stopped with her opinions/reasons on who should make the team or not. I think it all started the year Cassie re-auditioning for the team and they asked her to "step out" so that judges could talk about Cassie during her injured year. 

I have noticed in the last 5 years minimum that she's been mostly "mum" on who should be on the team or not.  She rarely even critiques during dances other than "mistakes, mistakes, mistakes". Even when they are cut, she just sits there on her stool. silent.  Then once the cut person leaves the office Kelli will turn to her and make a comment and Judy mostly just nods her head in agreement or states something along the lines of "well she was always going to struggle."

In regards to the picture posted by Bunnyhops96  the only thing I see in that picture is a "hot mess".  I don't have any problem with anyones weight in the pic, because even Amanda who is very slim looks like her belly is is jiggling, so it's definitely the cut of the uniform.   But all I see is hair flying around and everyone in differing positions trying to do a hair flip. Definitely NOT what I would consider a world class performance.  

Yeah definitely the reason I posted the pic was cause it was a hot mess, I did not mean to start a body type/weight debate at all! I just thought they all looked so funny with that hairography

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

I'm not riding the Kat train, my eyes don't typically go to her & if they do its with annoyance bc she's messing up & its allowed bc why? She's pretty??? The organization has gone so far downhill.

I speak out of frustration for all the girls wronged by TPTB. We live their dreams with them then see them get torn down/cut for less than Kat's mistakes or Veruca or even Meredith (who shouldn't have made it) I think of sweet Kali Fullerton or Auto Amy or Taylor (not gumby) or Meghan (THUT---hate that term just for reference) or Viviane or Chandler or Kyndal or the beautiful girl who was the Special Ed teacher (sorry her name is escaping me) or Tara & now Hannah... so many ladies that are far superior in dance and smarts to Kat or Veruca yet here we are...

One thing that really annoyed me with one of the recent vids they posted to YT for the field day episode is that it felt like they were writing off Kat's mistakes as an "off day" instead of something that we have seen consistently throughout the seasons she's been on. They're drilling into Meredith, Lily, and Hannah, but not once do I notice them say "today just wasn't her day". They take those few mistakes from those girls and use them to cut them (some rightly so if it's a consistency thing) but for dancers who have been consistent for years as standouts (Hannah) or beloved blenders (Lily) it feels like they used that one day on the field as the end all be all when dancers like Kat and VK are given pass after pass when they've consistently mucked it up and been captured on TV doing so.

Edited to add that in that vid, Meredith was only shown as being off in one dance. Her field entrance was one of the best they showed... Was she slow last year and this year? Absolutely and she just doesn't mesh with the DCC style. But is she one of the worst? I don't think I can say she is 

Edited by BunnyHop96
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

One thing I've noticed also is that in past seasons candidates showed up to the stadium in workout gear, etc. for tryouts even on the first day and then were filmed getting ready. I don't fault the girls who showed up in casual wear for moving into their rooms, they all look quite professional to me seeing as not a ripped jean was in sight (if we ignore Lisa's hems...). I agree with you that the meeting seems to be thrown at them as a surprise

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Cj1 said:

As Head Choreographer.......Judy should be doing most of the decision making on picking the team.  I have noticed her agreeing or shaking her head when Kelli says something about the girls. It is really noticeable this year

. I have never heard her disagree and say something like " Hannah rocks...one of my best dancers. No way are you cutting her Kelli"

I agree with above post...Judy is keeping on the down low till retirement.

Lemme tell ya, if Judy's not getting residuals from MTT she should at the very least threaten to retire.

Usually you know that's happening because they get executive producer credit.  Kelli has always had it and I think I noticed Charlotte is now listed as an EP as well.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Realee said:

Lemme tell ya, if Judy's not getting residuals from MTT she should at the very least threaten to retire.

Usually you know that's happening because they get executive producer credit.  Kelli has always had it and I think I noticed Charlotte is now listed as an EP as well.

Was Charlotte not always on there? She seems to be the micromanager of the bunch. She directly influences who makes the team. Remember she and Kelli decided to let Danielle stay on the team? She didn't like Ann Lux,.... She does like Kat.... If I were Kelli or Judy for that matter, I think I'd be irritated with Charlotte a bit. Remember last year she was evaluating the girls as if she had some extensive dance experience? Well maybe she does - does she have a dance background?  And she was offering them the 36 vs 37 rotation option. Anyway, I blame her for Hannah and Brennan's cuts more than - or perhaps equal to Kelli. Am sure she didn't like their vocal COIVD concerns.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9