Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. Part One

tessaray
  • Start Topic

Air date: August 3, 2020

With the ISA on their trail, Courtney, Pat and the team regroup to figure out their next steps; Rick makes a breakthrough; the team prepares for a showdown with the ISA.

A decent episode, but a bit disappointing to be honest.  I was expecting some sort of major shocker as the cliffhanger, and that didn’t happen.  Some great fight scenes but the only real shock was Tigress killing Principal Bowen, and even that I kind of saw coming, the way she was winding them up.  I was a bit surprised that Brainwave didn’t try to fry Cindy’s brain, but he might (rightfully) be wary of doing something like that to Dragon King’s daughter.  

LOL good for Mike using a drill on Sportmaster. 😄  Poor kid.   I don’t blame him for still being a tiny bit jealous of Courtney, but at least he’s not acting like a brat about it.  

Was anyone else thinking about Professor X and Cerebro?  I sure was. 

Oh, and I loved the way the staff kept catching Barbara during the fight with Tigress.  😂

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Was anyone else thinking about Professor X and Cerebro?  I sure was. 

Even as they described the device, I was thinking of Cerebro.  Then they showed it.  Maybe they found the set at a Fox Studios fire sale.

Also, there seems to be no chemistry at all between Pat and Barbara.  

Prediction: the annoying kid brother is going to get control of the pink pen genie in the last minute of the season.

• Love 1

It felt like it was originally intended to be a double-length finale, and they had to cut it there for the CW. And no, Crusher, there's no such thing as a cheap shot when you're trying not to be killed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

A decent episode, but a bit disappointing to be honest.  I was expecting some sort of major shocker as the cliffhanger, and that didn’t happen.  Some great fight scenes but the only real shock was Tigress killing Principal Bowen, and even that I kind of saw coming, the way she was winding them up.  I was a bit surprised that Brainwave didn’t try to fry Cindy’s brain, but he might (rightfully) be wary of doing something like that to Dragon King’s daughter.  

Reason why the ISA isn't doing so hot, they are too divided unlike when they took out the original JSA a decade ago. Especially learning from Brainwave in the flashback. They killed Mary Pemelton so that Starman would be too conflicted with taking Brainwave out and apparently learning who they were as a result. 

1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

It felt like it was originally intended to be a double-length finale, and they had to cut it there for the CW. 

Actually yeah.  I didn’t think of that, but that’s exactly what it felt like.  

And skipping right over Mike finding out about everything except for the robot seemed a bit....I don’t know.  I mean, maybe they figured we just went through that all with Barbara so we didn’t need to do it again, but I was a bit disappointed that apparently Mike got a full debrief during the car ride and we didn’t get to see any of his reactions.  

I did like Barbara’s reaction to watching her badass daughter kick Tigress’s ass.  “That was...” “Yeah, I know, really dangerous, right?”  “Amazing!” 😂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

And skipping right over Mike finding out about everything except for the robot seemed a bit....I don’t know.  I mean, maybe they figured we just went through that all with Barbara so we didn’t need to do it again

I would like to have seen the moment when Barb and Mike saw Stargirl and the others in full costume for the first time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Whew! This episode started out with a BANG and did not hold back. The action sequences were brutal. 

Great seeing the family come together and help each other out of a bind. The JSA as a whole didnt get a lot to do but obviously its all set up for next which Im fiine with. 

Violin woman insulting Tigress/Sportsmasters parenting...not a good idea! I was expecting Tigress to knock her out instead of actually killing her! I wonder if this is setting them up to part ways with the IJS and be independent. 

The heroes being to late to stop the beginning of the end was great, they are right in hte middle of it and will be teens vs. adults which should be interesting.

So sad this season is already at an end! It is definitely my favorite DC show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I did like Barbara’s reaction to watching her badass daughter kick Tigress’s ass.  “That was...” “Yeah, I know, really dangerous, right?”  “Amazing!” 😂

Plus, for Tigress I think she was also shocked she lost to Courtney. Same with Sportsmaster getting jumped by Mike with the drill. These two are very: "We are better than anyone else." Yet, are ill prepared when someone fights dirty or in the Paula's case, didn't think that Courtney might have "learned" from their last encounter. I mean even Yolanda gave Tigress a good fight in their first encounter. That of course has always been the Crocks' problem, they think they are better than everyone else (plus they are pretty damn good), but don't think about A)They aren't as young as they use to be B) their opponents learn from their previous battles and they don't. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Madame Principal, you pushed the Artemis button. Ya shouldn't have done that.

God, I love Pat.

Loved Gambler's 'We did it fifteen minutes ago' line.

Say what you want about Cindy, but she has ZFtG. She wasn't the least bit intimidated by Brainwave. I might have to stan.

Hour Boy continues to bore me, but now that he's learned how to decipher his dad's notes maybe he can start to grow as a character.

On to the finale.

I hope Stargirl nails the landing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, steelyis said:

I hope Stargirl nails the landing.

Endings are always the hardest to get right, but they've built considerable trust now, given that the season didn't waver very much. Sure there were a few lesser episodes that were more filler, and Hourboy is definitely a failed character, but they've upended so many cliches, serviced the RIGHT cliches, given us a few genuinely great characters, and a secondary tier that other than Hourboy was pretty good too.  The plot is genuinely interesting, and even thought provoking, given the values that the villains are trying to impose, outside of all the... murder. 

I don't think they're going to waste that much time on Stripe fighting Stargirl.  I think they're headed for Solomon Grundy being a bigger hurdle, I suppose for Hourboy, with Icicle being Courtney's main impediment.  Maybe they let Evil Cindy out of her cage too. I actually can envision her being SO mad at the ISA that she helps the JSA instead, albeit for her own temporary selfish reasons.  I'm also wondering if Mike gets some out of left field hurrah moment too. Outside of Hourboy he's the character they came closest to screwing up, but they majorly saved him this episode.  So I could see a last minute contribution from him next episode. Maybe he finds one of the remaining JSA artifacts.  

14 hours ago, MarkHB said:

It felt like it was originally intended to be a double-length finale, and they had to cut it there for the CW. And no, Crusher, there's no such thing as a cheap shot when you're trying not to be killed.

It is.  This episode and next week together equal the finale.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Two thoughts about the ep stand out. Oddly, both of them are about the least interesting villain on the show.

First of all, maybe the reason Baby Bowboy is getting picked on in school isn't that he plays violin. It's that he looks and dresses... a bit extremely. And don't get me wrong here, I honestly do think the kid has style. But style isn't good or bad based on whether or not I think it's cool. Style relies on context, and if your choice of clothing has resulted in so much bullying (at a school where your mommy is the principal, no less) that your last resort is to hide in your mommy's office and whine... well, okay, maybe it's not all the fault of the clothing choice.

Second... Sportsbro and Tigermom were giving me some serious BtVS vibes even before their argument with Principal Bow-itch. When the scene started, it was just two fun villainous characters acting well together and putting out some fun in-character dialogue. I immediately thought of Spike and Drusilla, even though neither one actually reminds me of Spike or Dru. Then, of course I started playing the "who equals who" game, except I started out by trying to figure out which character was closest to Angelus. I should have been wondering which character was closest to The Annoying One. 

Okay, so we know they're used to replacing a lot of coaches. But, principals who are also members of the Team Evil?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

The ISA's grand plan and the set-up for Brainwave to go full Brainwave on everyone was definitely giving me Cerebro vibes as well.  Professor X should so take these guys to court, because one of them clearly stole his idea!  That's assuming Professor X even bothered with copyrights...

Both of the big fights were good in their own ways.  Enjoyed how both Barbara and the Cosmic Staff were involved with the Courtney/Tigress battle (including the Staff even helping Barbara at times.  Aww, that's a good staff!), and that Barbara was actually impressed over how badass her daughter has become.  Meanwhile, Sportsmaster vs. Pat was more one-sided, but I liked that Pat didn't back down and then the surprise save from Mike with the drill gun!  Maybe that will be his her moniker: The Driller!

I love that Dr. Ito waited till the very last minute to be all "Oh, just a heads up!  If this doesn't work, it will actually turn your brain into mush instead.  Just wanted to let you know!" to Brainwave about the device.  Not sure where he got his medical degree from, but it really needs to be revoked, to put it mildly.

They found one way to almost make me like Cindy: have her shit-talk Brainwave!  Because he's so the worst!

Enjoyed seeing all of the main cast (well, baring the villains) together at the cabin.  I wouldn't mind if they have to stay there for a bit longer, so we can get more interactions from them like that.

The ISA actually loses a member finally, with The Fiddler going down.  Of course, it wasn't from the heroes, the law, or even anything to do with the main battle.  Instead, it comes at the hands (or arrow) of The Tigress for daring to insinuate that she's not a good mother.  Seems fair.  I mean, sure, there is plenty to say about her violent nature, unhinged behavior, and bloodlust, but dissing her parenting skills is just rude!  Continue to hope Tigress/Sportsmaster stick around, because they're just so much fun as villains.

Jordan might be the leader of the most dangerous criminal organization out there, but even he can't avoid overbearing parents that nitpick his dating life and how he raises his son.  Poor Icicle!

Can't wait for the finale next week!

• Love 5

They really need to tell me what is Pat's side hustle, selling JSA memoribila? He can move to a new town and buy a house, auto repair shop and huge cabin in the woods (not to mention keep the lights on in the old JSA headquarters)? We have only seen him fix 3 cars and one of those was his own. Instead of "Stripesy",  we should be calling him "Undercover Boss".

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Looking after the dog is important.

I admired the Manifesto - dealing with global warming, free healthcare. LOL. At least everyone in the family is now involved and has a role to play.

No one noticed the robot flying through the sky? Not even nearby Air Traffic Control?

I can see Cindy jumping ships because she hates Brainwave.

Looking forward to part 2.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2020 at 1:36 AM, Starfish35 said:

A decent episode, but a bit disappointing to be honest.  I was expecting some sort of major shocker as the cliffhanger, and that didn’t happen. 

It jumped right in with a lot of action, and I'd say the adults have their minds brainwashed to turn evil qualified as a cliffhanger.  

I had to laugh about what the villains were trying to accomplish, and the "25%" who would fight too hard against it.  There's a real world corollary there that I'm sure I'm not allowed to discuss.  Anyway, I thought it was amusing.

The CGI scenes with S.T.R.I.P.E. looked expensive.  That's something that might suffer next season if the budget gets cut.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

I had to laugh about what the villains were trying to accomplish, and the "25%" who would fight too hard against it.  There's a real world corollary there that I'm sure I'm not allowed to discuss.  Anyway, I thought it was amusing.

Good thing they didn't mention gun control or for that part of the country every adult would be dead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

"Hey, Pat, are you sure we're on the right side?"

That may have been the funniest line this show has had.  Just completely perfect delivery.   For an episode that had the villains being able to pull off their plan, it sure did have quite a bit of good comedy.  The password being NKOTB, Beth not knowing who New Kids were, Mike looking after the dog, everybody's reactions as Beth is reading the manifesto, and Rick's previously mentioned line.

Speaking of Rick, nice to see how welcoming he was of Justin.  All it took was Pat vouching for him, and he treated Justin like the great hero that Pat said he was.  He's a bit of a hot head, but he's learning.

Somebody asked about Pat's side hustle.  I wonder if Starman left him something in his will.  We know that he was rich, so there's a chance he left some money for Pat.  And Pat being Pat, was smart with the money.

• Love 10

Regarding the death of Principal Bowen, it occurred to me later that, as their child's school principal, she was technically a mandated reporter.  So her considering them as unfit parents would actually mean something if they weren't all in the Evil Club.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Regarding the death of Principal Bowen, it occurred to me later that, as their child's school principal, she was technically a mandated reporter.  So her considering them as unfit parents would actually mean something if they weren't all in the Evil Club.

Right and the fact that Anya talked about what Issac's father the original Fiddler did proved that she is just as bad as the Crocks. She might kill various coaches who don't give their child fair game. However, she was giving permission to tell her kid to severally damage the kids bullying him. Even more, most bullies stay FAR AWAY from bullying kids they know are administrator or staff children. They might talk under their breath about them, but being an educator and seeing things first hand where one of the principal's kids was a not liked by certain kids, they still kept it private. 

If you notice they really are setting up the Junior ISA with how the ISA's kids are acting or being treated. I see Isaac taking up his parents' fiddle in season 2, especially finding out that Anya was killed in the Dugan House. 

• Love 1

Not to be a hater, but wouldn't it have been way simpler, more effective and less mwa-ha-ha to just have Brainwave control Washington D.C. and the nation's governors, get them to have the manifesto enacted as part of the U.S. Constitution/public policy?

Getting several states to secede is bound to cause another civil war among other problems, and it isn't going to help global warming, etc. if half the U.S. is still operating as before.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Glad that everyone is on the same page now, and that Mike finally knows the truth (even if he feels a bit jealous that his sister gets to be the superhero) and that Barbara is getting more accepting of Pat and Courtney's superhero-ing. They even managed to make some real moves to stop the IJLs plan...unfortunately the Gambler has read Watchmen so he knows that you finish your evil plan and push your activate button, and THEN you gloat to your foes. So now the plan is in full swing, and the adults have been brainwashed, although luckily it doesn't seem like Barbara, Pat, or Justin have had anerisims or anything. Yeah this is very much a Part One of Two episode, so how I feel about this one will probably depend on how the finale wraps things up. I have really liked this season, so I am hoping that it can stick the landing. 

It was kind of hilarious when Courtney was reading the details of their Evil Plan and realized that...it actually sounds pretty good, and everyone was like "are we sure that we should be stopping this?!" and were clearly really confused on how to proceed, until they found out that they will also kill 25 million people just to start. They must have been a bit relieved to have it confirmed that they actually need to fight these guys, instead of having to sit around awkwardly in the middle of all this action to parse through the moral implications of brainwashing for the greater good. 

Man, we finally get some stuff with the Fiddler, and she gets killed off right away! On the one hand, I am impressed by how unafraid the show is to kill off characters, but on the other, it can sometimes feel like the waste, much like how I felt when the Wizard got killed. The IJS really needs to stop killing each other, how are they going to fight the heroes when they wont stop fighting each other? They have so far done more damage to each other than the heroes ever had! I did like the scene Bowin and her son where she talked about how her husband/his father got people to stop making fun of him through violence, I really liked how the violin music in the soundtrack started out really pretty and soft when the story started, and then it became increasingly erratic and scary as she got to the part about her husband shoving his bow through a bully's ear. Will her son take up his parents mantle next? 

Of course Sportsmaster would fight Pat while also giving him tips and still talking about his work out routine, just because he has to kill Pat doesn't mean that he cant get one more training session in! Also, like damn Mike! 

Brainwave really is just trying to blame every person ever for Henry's death, even though he is the one that is completely to blame. I really hope that Yolanda gets to take his ass out. Its the rare time I am on Cindy's side during an argument, but stick her with Brainwave and I will root for her any day of the week. Brainwave also apparently found the building plans for Cerebro somewhere! This whole thing ends when the IJS gets sued for copywrite infringement by the X-Men. 

Guarding the dog is a very important job! Imagine how moral would crush if the team pet got hurt? 

Poor Barbara. "Whats New Kids On the Block?" "...nothing". 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

I enjoy this show, but as it's really the only "superhero" CW show I've watched recently I wonder about the way it's cut together. It seems like a lot of exposition is left out, I mean, a scene just ends, and then we go on to something else.  Is that what superhero shows are?  Or just CW shows? 

(And I don't want to bring an old show in for comparison, but I will, because BTVS had way better transitions in the storylines and I don't understand why this show can't. It's got all the elements. Great characters, great backstory, great story arc.  C'mon, tell it better!) 

I'm looking forward to Part 2 and hope it's satisfying.  And I hope for a second season for sure!

Edited by cardigirl
1 minute ago, cardigirl said:

I enjoy this show, but as it's really the only "superhero" CW show I've watched recently I wonder about the way it's cut together. It seems like a lot of exposition is left out, I mean, a scene just ends, and then we go on to something else.  Is that what superhero shows are?  Or just CW shows? 

This show is an original for DC's streaming service, but they're putting it on CW a day after it airs.  So, since a show on streaming doesn't have commercials, some stuff has to be cut to air it on television.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jediknight said:

This show is an original for DC's streaming service, but they're putting it on CW a day after it airs.  So, since a show on streaming doesn't have commercials, some stuff has to be cut to air it on television.

Thank you! Might be worth watching on the streaming service to see if I like it better without all the bits cut out of it.  They do horrendous things to Doctor Who too to make it fit the commerial format.  😞

When the Gambler hacked the hackers the show missed the opportunity for another callback (at least as old as NKOTB). When he asked to whom he was speaking and "Chuck" helpfully chimed, "She is Doctor Midnite!" Gambler should have aped Lloyd Bentson to Dan Quayle in the 1988 VP debate: "Doctor Midnight? I knew Doctor Midnite. Doctor Midnight was a foe of mine. And you, Miss, are no Doctor Midnite."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Not to be a hater, but wouldn't it have been way simpler, more effective and less mwa-ha-ha to just have Brainwave control Washington D.C. and the nation's governors, get them to have the manifesto enacted as part of the U.S. Constitution/public policy?

Getting several states to secede is bound to cause another civil war among other problems, and it isn't going to help global warming, etc. if half the U.S. is still operating as before.  

It would make more sense to control Washington, but they seem to be intent on staying in Blue Valley.  Also, for what they're wanting to do, they probably should have taken over the coastlines instead of the middle of the country, there would have probably been less people pushing back with their brains.  

They did allude to civil war by saying the brainwashed people would fight for them if need be.  But I'm not sure what prevents them from moving to other parts of the country and repeating the process.

They killed off the latest version of The Fiddler, who we barely got to know.  It's dangerous being in the ISA apparently, or to even be in the family.  Is the new Fiddler going to be a tuba player?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Enjoyed seeing all of the main cast (well, baring the villains) together at the cabin. 

Some cabin.  It looked far nicer than their normal house.

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So now the plan is in full swing, and the adults have been brainwashed, although luckily it doesn't seem like Barbara, Pat, or Justin have had anerisims or anything.

I think we can safely assume that happens at the END of the process, not the beginning.  A safe assumption. because otherwise there's no tension awaiting to learn if it hurt them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

It would make more sense to control Washington, but they seem to be intent on staying in Blue Valley.  Also, for what they're wanting to do, they probably should have taken over the coastlines instead of the middle of the country, there would have probably been less people pushing back with their brains.  

The coasts have a far larger population. Maybe it's as simple as controlling an area with less people.  I know Brainwave's upgrade increased the number of states affected, but remember the plan was designed long before that happened.

Or logistically maybe it just made sense to be based in a nowhere area unlikely to have law enforcement stumble into their preparations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2020 at 9:29 PM, Kromm said:

I actually can envision [Cindy] being SO mad at the ISA that she helps the JSA instead, albeit for her own temporary selfish reasons.  I'm also wondering if Mike gets some out of left field hurrah moment too.

After that scene with Brainwave, I am totally expecting Cindy to help the JSA next week just to stick it to her dad/the ISA. And, yea, I'll be shocked if Mike doesn't have a big, helpful moment.

10 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I just figure they want their new America to be like a small town flyover states so that is what they are trying to take over. An area that is currently failing in a big way with all the farms now owned by big mega corps and any industry heading to the south or overseas those towns are ghost towns. The population of those states is minimal and they are land locked so good luck trying to leave the union.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, Kromm said:

Some cabin.  It looked far nicer than their normal house.

According to the Stargirl Aftershow podcast, one of which's hosts is a crew member on the show, it was an actual cabin they rented for the shoot, not a set. They also said that one of the options was Tony Stark's cabin which is also in the Atlanta area, but they decided against it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Man, the season feels like it's ending too soon. Or maybe the times we live in make us appreciate the art of Luke Wilson acting dumb. Good thing Pat got the assist from Mike and the drill. I think Crusher and Paula might be enhanced, as opposed to "merely" being vicious with their toys.

As far as cliffhangers go, having the main adults cocking their heads and looking dazed is pretty good. As one would expect by now, Pat did not think of prepping STRIPE with protection. In his defense, I don't think there's a defense from Brainwave's device.

I think Principal Bowen (Bowin?) is still alive.  I'm happy that she told off Sportsmaster and Tigress, for all the good it did her. I'd like to think Artemis will be horrified when she finds out that her parents are card-carrying supervillains. "Are you kidding me?!? Is that why I had nine Pee Wee football coaches in the span of two years? And that only four of the bodies were recovered?!?

I feel for Mike. He's the last to know about what's been going on, and Pat assigns him to look after the dog. I mean, Mike has zero training in dealing with the ISA, and making sure the lovable squishy-faced bully is a good assignment, but I understand his butthurt. "Mike, Pat loves you. He just doesn't want you to get hurt. I get to battle because this magical staff chose me. You want to know why I was whining to my mother for the past few weeks? Because I thought the guy who used the staff was my dad. Man, it sounds so stupid when I say it now, doesn't it?"

I can't see Cindy switching sides. I can see Henry having survived, and that his death was basically his father's magic feather.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, Gimmick Genius said:

When the Gambler hacked the hackers the show missed the opportunity for another callback (at least as old as NKOTB). When he asked to whom he was speaking and "Chuck" helpfully chimed, "She is Doctor Midnite!" Gambler should have aped Lloyd Bentson to Dan Quayle in the 1988 VP debate: "Doctor Midnight? I knew Doctor Midnite. Doctor Midnight was a foe of mine. And you, Miss, are no Doctor Midnite."

I would hae went with "Doctor Mid-Nite was my arch nemesis!" At which point, Beth would quip, "Really? I thought greasy chicken was your arch-nemesis." And then Barbra would howl in laughter until the Brainwave shit affected her. "Nice accent. Were you the one that helped out Daniel Craig for Knives Out?"

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Man, the season feels like it's ending too soon.

No lie there, this season has flown by, watching it has been pretty effortless.  I've been watching The Flash, and wow some of those seasons can really drag on.  I kind of hope this show doesn't get stretched out to too many episodes next season, I think 13 episodes is a nice number for a superhero show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, rmontro said:

No lie there, this season has flown by, watching it has been pretty effortless.  I've been watching The Flash, and wow some of those seasons can really drag on.  I kind of hope this show doesn't get stretched out to too many episodes next season, I think 13 episodes is a nice number for a superhero show.  

That's something about a series that just goes from beginning to end or does half the season, then two months off and then straight through to the end. Makes the season just fly by instead of drag. Of course we know that Stargirl is coming back for another season, but I don't see until like January before they can film again and probably just have it be a summer show if things go well and COVID doesn't keep things at bay. 

1 hour ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

My guess is that once Pat is incapacitated Mike figures out how to use the robot.  The titles of these episodes fit.

Oh I didn’t think of that, but I’ll bet you’re right! 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I think Principal Bowen (Bowin?) is still alive. 

My gut says not.  I know the comics rule that dead isn't always dead, but I think her death served a purpose in shocking the audience, and her not death wouldn't serve any real purpose.  Not even next season, because they don't need her versus just finding new villains.  If they need a bridge to this season, they already have Cindy, who I don't think for a second will perish in the next episode, and I'm skeptical she'll even go to jail.  I'm thinking she disappears into the night.

4 hours ago, readster said:

I don't see until like January before they can film again and probably just have it be a summer show if things go well and COVID doesn't keep things at bay. 

Even shooting in Georgia, I don't think next January is a good filming time.  I'm thinking IF Covid is kept at bay, they film next spring and air Season 2 the September/October after that.  

The infighting has also served to hamstring the ISA.  The Shade left (presumably to return in a later season), Jordan killed the Wizard, and Sportsmaster killed the new Fiddler. Those are some heavy hitters they won't have in the final battle.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Kromm said:

My gut says not.  I know the comics rule that dead isn't always dead, but I think her death served a purpose in shocking the audience, and her not death wouldn't serve any real purpose.

Plus they seem to have killed her off to pass the Fiddler identity on to the next generation, as fitting with the theme to the show.  The camera lingered on the fiddle case after her death.  That brings up the question how it is going to get into the hands of her son.  I suppose Sportsmaster can just give it to him, but he must know it has some power in it, why give it away?  This is a strange bunch though, so I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, rmontro said:

Plus they seem to have killed her off to pass the Fiddler identity on to the next generation, as fitting with the theme to the show.  The camera lingered on the fiddle case after her death.  That brings up the question how it is going to get into the hands of her son.  I suppose Sportsmaster can just give it to him, but he must know it has some power in it, why give it away?  This is a strange bunch though, so I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

Why would Sportsmaster, of all people, give it to him? I mean even if it WASN'T powerful? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Why would Sportsmaster, of all people, give it to him? I mean even if it WASN'T powerful? 

I agree it doesn't make sense.  But for some reason I can see a scene where he, in his civilian identity, passes off the violin to him, saying something like "Your mother had this with her when she had her heart attack in our house.  We thought you would like to have it".  Or the ISA could deliberately want to pass it on to him in order to create a new Fiddler, maybe a younger, more impressionable version.  Sort of like Shiv/Cindy, the "failed experiment".

• Love 1