Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Frankel Footage

• Start Topic

(edited)

Luther continues to be a douche.  Of course his hatred of Vanya persist.  But I did like the confrontation scene I am actually surprised it didn’t get more violent and he didn’t think Vanya’s hide and seek game was more chase and destroy.   But I also liked that Vanya starts to remember.  

I like Five’s description of Diego “ Imagine Batman,  then aim lower.”

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

So Pogo is just a normal chipanse? I guess that makes sense but I wasn't expecting that. I guess neither was five lol.  

Anyhow, I didn't like how Luther is still holding onto attacking Vanya, I know she destroyed the world but if he had just helped her way earlier that never would have happened and technically hasn't happened yet.  I was glad to see that she has formed a bond with the kid. Who seems to Autistic. Which made me want to have a scene with her teaching him how to play an instrument (maybe even a different one like a piano) as this often helps kids. But that maybe the social worker in me. 

So Kraus has a mansion but he had to break into his own house? I'm confused with that, as how would he afford that lol. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Luther continues to be a douche.  Of course his hatred of Vanya persist.  But I did like the confrontation scene I am actually surprised it didn’t get more violent and he didn’t think Vanya’s hide and seek game was more chase and destroy.   But I also liked that Banya starts to remember. 

I like Five’s description of Diego “ Imagine Batman,  then aim lower.”

I'm going to choose that Luther is genuine in his apology to Vanya. It was a really good scene, although I was afraid something was going to happen to Harlan and relieved it didn't. And I did snort at Five's shot at Diego.

Awesome to see The Handler again - I hope we get some more of her! And the creepy blondes are The Swedes and they're from the Commission apparently. I hope The Handler gets to take at least one of them out!

• Love 9

So I'm guessing there is more than one exit from the police station of Klaus should have walked past Allison to exit.

I think Luther was genuine in his apology but I also think he was prepared to kill her. Will be interesting to see what happens when she goes to find him bc I assume that's where she's going.

Awww little Pogo.

Well Allison didn't bleed out last season so I'm guessing Diego won't this season, will be a bit til I find out though bc my family will stretch out watching the show over the next week or so.

• Love 2

I agree that Luther was sincere in his apology an regret. Also remember, he had no idea whether or not Vanya was still ready to kill him.  His last interaction with her was violent and she (rightly) wanted to destroy him. So I don't blame him for thinking maybe she is of the same mindset and that once she saw him she'd go all white-eyes and kill.

His storyline still makes me the saddest because he is just disillusioned and doesn't give a fuck and hung up on Allison who he doesn't know is married yet.  I did like how in the last episode the old guy came and stood next to him and just started yelling Allison with him.  LOL.

I am liking the near-misses and how they are parcelling out the siblings connecting.  Five and Diego are MVP this episode.

So the white haired thugs are being sent to kill the kids.  I don't like them.  Not because they are assassins because they are just caricatures of assassins.  The emotionless robot killers with no expressions.  I liked Hazel and Cha-Cha's brand of assassin much better.  At least they made for good scene work. 

The music on the show is good. It feels like it is more purposeful and works well with the scenes.

• Love 9

I definitely feel like Luthers apology to Vanya was sincere. I don’t really blame him for taking a gun (considering the part he played in her losing it and the whole blowing up the moon thing) just in case, but I do think it was a just in case, and he did just want to talk to her and apologize. I think it lines up with his feelings earlier that he was a bad brother and a bad Number One and he ended up screwing things up in his attempts to follow his fathers leads. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I definitely feel like Luthers apology to Vanya was sincere. I don’t really blame him for taking a gun (considering the part he played in her losing it and the whole blowing up the moon thing) just in case, but I do think it was a just in case, and he did just want to talk to her and apologize. I think it lines up with his feelings earlier that he was a bad brother and a bad Number One and he ended up screwing things up in his attempts to follow his fathers leads. 

I agree. Whereas Allison seems so far to have tried to move on, married a good man and is involved in the Civil Rights movement, Luther is stuck in his same old ways, in service to someone else. The sincere apology to Vanya on the mistakes he made with her hopefully will be a good step forward for him.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, CailynA said:

Awww little Pogo.

He was so cute!  Until he was so mean!

I thought Vanya might be faking amnesia until Luther showed up at the barn.

Klaus: “Don’t go chasing waterfalls.  Stick to the rivers and lakes that you’re used to.”  So he became some big cult leader in the 60s, by spewing random lyrics from future songs?

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I thought Vanya might be faking amnesia until Luther showed up at the barn.

Klaus: “Don’t go chasing waterfalls.  Stick to the rivers and lakes that you’re used to.”  So he became some big cult leader in the 60s, by spewing random lyrics from future songs?

Seriously I started laughing so hard at Waterfalls, so did hunt, kiddo just kept asking what? Then Diego's Luke Skywalker reference.

After the scene with Lila in the dark room I wondered if she was one of the kids Hargreeves didn't get a hold of that somehow went back in time

• Love 7
22 hours ago, blueray said:

So Kraus has a mansion but he had to break into his own house? I'm confused with that, as how would he afford that lol. 

Ben told Klaus that there was a key under the mat and that Klaus knew it.  He just couldn't be bothered to grab it and chose to smash his way in. 

• Love 3

I knew Klaus was going to say the Waterfalls lyrics. I don't know why but I just knew. Should I be disturbed at mind melding with Klaus or hoping he spouts more song lyrics as wisdom? Lol.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Ugh, it takes serious willpower to stop watching when they leave Diego bleeding out like that! I am committed to one episode a day.

Loved all the Diego/ Lila and Diego/ Five snark, as well as Diego's more heartfelt scene with Lila in the closet dark room. (The yogurt conversation, and him saying "pinkiest" when asked to pinkie swear were both adorable.) Also his quiet support of Five when reminding him that Dad didn't know them yet. Seriously, Diego has the most heart of any of the siblings.

I liked the Vanya/ Luther scene, and that Allison at least knows Klaus is alive. (I loved her yellow dress, too.) 

Is it sad that I literally forgot about Klaus until he showed up in the jail? And I like Klaus. He just isn't super compelling so far this season.

• Love 8

My favorite exchange this episode - 

Elliot- "Are you an enemy of the people?"

DIego/Five - "That's an open ended question" "Depends on which people"

Was the Milkman Swede guy drinking some glittery milk stuff? Or was that just the lighting that made it look that way, I'm guessing since they focused on it a bit that will come up later on?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nomodrama said:

Was the Milkman Swede guy drinking some glittery milk stuff? Or was that just the lighting that made it look that way, I'm guessing since they focused on it a bit that will come up later on?

I thought it was spoiled, maybe? And yuck, if so. Swedes remind me of a cheap version of the White haired vanishing twins from the Matrix 2. Both are bunch are annoying to me. But it doesn't take too much away, I'm enjoying this season thus far.

Daddy's dusty Umbrella Front company and the mannequins, perfectly family set-up was so creepy. I may biased due to an old Twilight Zone episode that made me "distrust" mannequins, though.

Allison not using her powers and Vanya & Luther just parting ways without clarifying how he knows her is driving me BANANAS! I'm hoping he touch on Allison's hesitance, though I'm sure it's related to what happened with her daughter. I thought for a second they were pulling a Bewitched and her husband knew her powers and asked her not to use them. Glad that's not the case, always thought Darren was an unreasonable fool to expect that lol.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, shoetingstar said:
5 hours ago, nomodrama said:

I thought it was spoiled, maybe?

My husband thought it was spoiled, but to me it looked stranger than that. I tend to agree with @nomodrama that the focus on it means it may come up later.

4 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

Daddy's dusty Umbrella Front company and the mannequins, perfectly family set-up was so creepy.

Very creepy. Since there was a quick shot of the name Pogo on the blackboard of the children's easel in one of the rooms, I'm assuming (not a spoiler since I haven't watched past this episode) that these rooms with mannequins were set up at least partially to train Pogo to be human. But it also looked like there were video or movie cameras in the rooms, so maybe there is another purpose.

• Love 2

I've only watched the first 2 episodes but, I don't remember if this was episode 1 or 2 so I figured it was safer here.

While I'm not opposed to it, I kind of feel they're beating me over the head with the shippy stuff (Diego/Lila and Vanya/Sissy). They did a much better job last season with relationships.  Speaking of relationships I am once again reminded of how much I don't like Allison/Luthor and, really hope there's a "rumor" reveal.  There is 100% an imbalance in their relationship and love. Allison cares about Luthor but, she has moved on twice now, Luthor just remains devoted. If they don't do a "rumor" then I hope this is part of his character arc, where he learns to break away from subservient life roles. 

Luthor's apology to Vanya felt real, I think he's carried around a lot guilt for how his actions lead to the apocalypse. Vanya might have been the bomb but, he Luthor lit the fuse. Although, I love that Allison refusing to kill Vanya ended up being the match (?) - metaphor got away from me.

I love that out of all of them Vanya found a family that loves her. She deserves it after the shitty way her family treated her growing up.

Love that Hargreeves is a total badass and, that we're getting more of him with the adult actors. I want his backstory and what he knew about the babies. I also want to know where he came from Alternate Earth or Alien Planet?

I continue to be impressed with Aiden Gallagher. So much of this show honestly on Five being a 60 year old man in a 15 year old's body and, he pulls it off perfectly

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8
On 7/31/2020 at 8:43 PM, CailynA said:

Awww little Pogo.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:36 AM, TexasGal said:

Honestly, chimps scare me more than any other animal.  It's a combination of their near human intelligence, large canines and their shrieking that make them so damn scary. 

• Love 4

I must say, the music, set design and cinematography are top notch. The visuals at the Umbrella Factory and during Diego's fight were well done. 

I wish I was as impressed with the characters.. All of the Hargreeves siblings are a hot mess. They never seem to ask obvious questions (Vanya and Luther). They never seem to use their abilities in subtle ways when it could help (Allison). They are completely self-absorbed and never learn from their past mistakes (Klaus).  They don't seem very bright when it comes to the potential consequences of changing major historical events (Diego). 

If Diego wanted to prevent the assassination of JFK, there are many ways of doing that without confronting Oswald - - maybe some anonymous phone calls to the FBI, CIA, police, etc.  It seems as if Diego might be more interested in trying to figure out if the assassination was a conspiracy or the work of a lone gunman. (What if stopping Oswald did not prevent the assassination? - what if more than one shooter was involved?)
And is Diego so amateur that he couldn't avoid getting put into a psychiatric hospital? - - and then not be able to escape whenever he wanted? 

From here on, I am resolving to try to turn my brain off and just enjoy the wacky hi-jinks... 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

I wish I was as impressed with the characters.. All of the Hargreeves siblings are a hot mess.

They really are, which can be frustrating, but also... realistic? I mean, I know they're adults and some could argue they should be expected to overcome their upbringing, but I think it's at least somewhat realistic that after their strange/ abusive (and seemingly also rather sheltered) childhoods that they all have massive issues and rarely seem to trust or listen to one another. Interestingly, I notice you didn't include Five in your above list, and thanks to having several extra decades (plus living through the apocalypse) I do think he is both the most intelligent and the only one who realizes the importance of teamwork... but he also has the worst interpersonal skills (again, understandable due to his background), so they're all definitely flawed.

They never seem to ask obvious questions (Vanya and Luther).

This, I wholeheartedly agree with-- lazy writing.

And is Diego so amateur that he couldn't avoid getting put into a psychiatric hospital? - - and then not be able to escape whenever he wanted? 

I guess it's amateur to get caught, but I'm not sure what he could have done once it happened... He's one of the least super-powered of the Academy. Kids 3-7 could escape fairly easily if they chose to use their powers, but Diego (and Luther), not so much, unless it's a one-on-one fight. And he did have an escape plan in the works, albeit one that seemed to be taking awhile. Maybe he secretly welcomed the opportunity for a little rest while he tried to come up with a new plan to take out Oswald? 

• Love 5

I did like that the Swedes didn't kill the kitty cats.

I'm not so sure. What were they cooking?

So he became some big cult leader in the 60s, by spewing random lyrics from future songs?

Just a guess but he could easily become a cult leader by communicating with the dead. Hell I'd join that cult myself.

They never seem to ask obvious questions (Vanya and Luther).

Ugh. Vanya should have been spitting out questions like "How do you know me? What is my last name? Where am I from?" Maybe amnesia makes you forgot how to ask questions right.

(What if stopping Oswald did not prevent the assassination? - what if more than one shooter was involved?)

Wasn't Five involved? Didn't we see a flashback of that in Season 1? He was behind a fence with a rifle waiting for Kennedy to drive by, but that's the moment he figured out the time travel equation and returned to 2019. So yeah . . . Five should know a little something about this.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Wasn't Five involved? Didn't we see a flashback of that in Season 1? He was behind a fence with a rifle waiting for Kennedy to drive by, but that's the moment he figured out the time travel equation and returned to 2019. So yeah . . . Five should know a little something about this.

Yes, I think he was the second shooter on the grass knoll.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, iMonrey said:

I wondered about this when watching the first season. Was Five there to shoot Kennedy? Seems likely but Kennedy is clearly still alive when he returns to 2019. Was he just there as a precaution or was he there to kill someone else?

On 7/31/2020 at 6:08 PM, saoirse said:

Awesome to see The Handler again - I hope we get some more of her! And the creepy blondes are The Swedes and they're from the Commission apparently. I hope The Handler gets to take at least one of them out!

I loved The Handler. I am interested to see what they do with her. 

On 7/31/2020 at 7:58 PM, DearEvette said:

So the white haired thugs are being sent to kill the kids.  I don't like them.  Not because they are assassins because they are just caricatures of assassins.  The emotionless robot killers with no expressions.  I liked Hazel and Cha-Cha's brand of assassin much better.  At least they made for good scene work. 

I miss Hazel and Cha Cha and agree thar the Swedes are kinda boring so far. 

On 8/2/2020 at 12:21 AM, nomodrama said:

That was hilarious.

I love the music and visuals of this show. The fight scene was fantastic as was The Handler's costume. 

I thought there was something going on with Sissy and Vanya in the first episode, but wasn't sure it if was just chemistry between the actresses. 

I loved the scene where 5 and Diego talked about increasingly alarming things. 

Klaus is obviously a hot mess, but he seems a bit less messy than he was last season? Luther, on the other hand, is a complete disaster. 

• Love 1

I was actually liking Luther more as the guy who decided to say 'screw it' to duty and leadership. He showed more personality in that opening scene with Five than he did in most of the first season. And I liked his apology to Vanya.

"I heard a rumour that we're innocent." How hard is that, Alison? You don't have to hurt anyone. You can't go around beating up rich rednecks in the 1960s South and expect nothing to happen.

Of course Klaus is a cult leader. What else would he be?

Diego's friend calling out his hero complex and his overly complicated, illogical plans is funny. Glad she finally seemed surprised about something, when Five appeared in the car, because she was just too accepting of everything up to that point.

If this whole season is going to be the character glancing off one another's lives, I'm going to be pissed. The highlights of season one were when they were all together.

Not keen on the Swedish villains, but I wasn't keen on Hazel and Cha-Cha either. These scenes feel like a waste of time. I did like seeing baby Pogo, though.

I guess Diego got about as much affection as he expected, from his reunion with dear old dad.

On 8/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, iMonrey said:

So he became some big cult leader in the 60s, by spewing random lyrics from future songs?

Well, first he was "adopted" by a very rich old woman.
Klaus can be charming.
And while most people think the 60s was the flower children, most of the leaders were much older, going back to the beatniks of the post-WWII years -- Jack Kerouac was writing his novels in 1950-51 based on his experiences after leaving the Forces.

Toss in the poetry of the lyrics and some drugs-- Klaus is on his way. And the mansion did belong to the old lady, who seems to have passed on by 1963.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I loved Luther's apology to Vanya. I want them to become friends.

Allison's storyline is not working for me. I know that on a meta-level, the writers can't have Allison go on national tv and rumor away racism, but I need an in-story reason for her not using her power. And no, not wanting to because she feels bad that she rumored her own child isn't enough of a reason for me. Have it be that her powers don't work anymore because of her throat injury or that she can only rumor one person at a time now so she can't do anything when there's two cops or something. But don't start the season with her rumoring a group of people (who possibly don't speak her language) to having their heads explode and then sort of shrug your shoulders at Allison letting her husband get taken away. Ugh.

Ben and Klaus continue to be the greatest.

• Love 1