Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Don't Grumpy Stop

• Start Topic

My guess is that the van Jihoon's mother was driving was a rental that they picked up at the airport to hold all the luggage and it's not their everyday car. Jihoon might be too young to rent/drive a van himself. Did we see Jihoon's father in the van? If not, maybe he drove "The Family Truckster" home. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I feel like neither Deaven or Mother Deaven are in their natural hair color. Mother D is brown and D is probably also brown she is going with the goth, manga dark drugstore color hair look. 

I am guessing here, having spent a good deal of time in Utah, that Deavan and her family might be Latter Day Saints (formerly referred to as Mormons). They tend to be very Nordic in background, and fair-skinned and blue-eyed.  Judging by Mom's light hair and both of their blue eyes and fair skin (and Drascilla is fair as well), I'd guess Deavan is a natural blonde and dyed her hair very dark (which is something else I see out there a lot). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jenny is the worst. Its just unseemly that she pursues this folly at this stage of her life. And its not even like the object of her affection is a dashing, charismatic man, which might at least elicit some sympathy for her losing her head. He's stubby little prevaricator Sumit, who has all the charm and charisma of a bowl of vanilla pudding. Jenny would have been better off haunting the local golf course or dog park, found herself a nice widower with grown kids, and combined their Social Security for a pleasant life. 

The interesting thing is how Sumit snared Jenny.  He catfished her.  He pretended he WAS a dashing, handsome, Englishman.  Then when Jenny realized she was being conned her response was, "well Sumit's cute so it's all good."  Strange.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My guess is that the van Jihoon's mother was driving was a rental that they picked up at the airport to hold all the luggage and it's not their everyday car. Jihoon might be too young to rent/drive a van himself. Did we see Jihoon's father in the van? If not, maybe he drove "The Family Truckster" home. 

He’s 29 he just acts young.

17 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I am guessing here, having spent a good deal of time in Utah, that Deavan and her family might be Latter Day Saints (formerly referred to as Mormons). They tend to be very Nordic in background, and fair-skinned and blue-eyed.  Judging by Mom's light hair and both of their blue eyes and fair skin (and Drascilla is fair as well), I'd guess Deavan is a natural blonde and dyed her hair very dark (which is something else I see out there a lot). 

Bizarro world became everywhere else dark haired women dye blonde.

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

The interesting thing is how Sumit snared Jenny.  He catfished her.  He pretended he WAS a dashing, handsome, Englishman.  Then when Jenny realized she was being conned her response was, "well Sumit's cute so it's all good."  Strange.

Well at least there’s less chance of an ulterior motive when the guy is not hot. We know Aladin was not into Laura.  Sumit and Jenny are pretty evenly matched looks wise, he doesn’t appear to want a green card, and Jenny has no money to bilk.  So I think he actually does dig her and will stay with her for a while.  I could see him bailing if her health declines because he is irresponsible.  

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

He’s 29 he just acts young.

oh, you're right. I can't keep their ages straight. He's actually one of the older foreign partners, but like you say, he acts like a teenager with no responsibilities. 

• Love 4

So am I the one who thinks that little dog is doomed what with Kenny pointing out that he is old and how much Kenny loves him.  That bit went on for a while and made me increasingly nervous for the puppy.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Right?

First of all, how do you look like Jenny, Baby Girl Lisa, etc. and really that some handsome younger man with a six pack is really after your old ass?  And in Jenny's case, that person isn't even real!  How do you convince yourself that the very married Sumit really loves you if he started off lying to you?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

First of all, how do you look like Jenny, Baby Girl Lisa, etc. and really that some handsome younger man with a six pack is really after your old ass?

Gentrophilia is a real thing and I know a very attractive 30 something, professionally successful man very, very obviously deeply in love with his partner of a decade, a pudgy man pushing 60 with no significant wealth or income, although super nice.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

• Love 7
On 7/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, RoxiP said:

I installed a digital door lock on my front door a couple of weeks ago.  Love it!

Ummm...this was discussed a couple of weeks ago...apparently the condom was not "tight enough" (take from that what you will) and slipped off.  Deaven packed some snugger ones for this trip...LOL!

I've heard this excuse thousands of times on these shows! "The condom fell off!" "the condom broke!". I don't believe they used any protection at all. And now Deavan, who has already demonstrated her carelessness and lack of judgment in her first choice of baby daddy, seeks to divert criticism from herself by not only blaming Jihoon for birth control failure, but twists the knife by implying that he's a needle dick. On national television. I hate her. I wouldn't want to find Jihoon under my Christmas tree but she picked him. Her treatment of him is foul. 

• Love 16

I was just reading the hilarious comments in the live chat thread about this episode, specifically about Deavan's and Areola's disappointment over the apartments their boyfriends found for them.  There are reasons for both choices--Ethiopia is a poor country that doesn't routinely supply the amenities Areola wished for, and S. Korea is a country with a lot of people and very little land mass, for starters.

But something else occurs to me.  Both Bin's and Jihoon's choices were of apartments that someone in their positions could afford (well, that Jihoon's mother in law could afford).  Both of these young women have been living with their parents in the US.  I'd like to see what sort of lodging either of them could afford on her own.

There would be electricity and running hot water, but I bet there'd be mold, and vermin, and shitty old dirty furniture.  I bet they'd be in the worst neighborhoods, without nice yards or parks nearby for their kids to play in.  I bet they'd be in shit school districts.  And I wonder what kinds of cars they could afford on their own?

Spoiled, ungrateful, entitled.  They should stick to the United States.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Mothra said:

But something else occurs to me.  Both Bin's and Jihoon's choices were of apartments that someone in their positions could afford (well, that Jihoon's mother in law could afford).  Both of these young women have been living with their parents in the US.  I'd like to see what sort of lodging either of them could afford on her own.

But it was Deavan's choice.  A logical person might have said, hey I found this place located in X, can you tell me about that neighborhood?  

And I do love the people who keep saying it's no place for kids, despite local children living there quite well.  And in most cases they're talking about infants.  Just don't put your baby on the pile of boards and rusty nails.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

About Sumit’s divorce....while I believe the paperwork takes longer in India, I believe it also takes longer if the other party contests, and his wife probably wants the cash before she does the paperwork...otherwise she’ll never see a penny.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

I cannot believe women go to  Somewhat primitive hospitals to have their babies. They put themselves and the babies in harm's way.

The safety thing I'm okay with. The native women have babies there every day, and a lot of the doctors actually study in western countries. To me, it's not that much different than having a home birth, and if the pregnancy has been otherwise uneventful it should be okay. For the US to be so medically advanced we have a remarkably high infant and mother mortality rate here.

MY thing is that under no condition would I want to deliver in a place that doesn't offer good drugs. And a lot of them. When asked if I wanted morphine or an epidural I responded with a "what do you mean 'or?'". 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

When I saw the Ethiopian apartment my thought was that it needed a thorough cleaning, a coat of paint, a toilet seat , new bedding and window dressings.

It had potential. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The safety thing I'm okay with. The native women have babies there every day, and a lot of the doctors actually study in western countries. To me, it's not that much different than having a home birth, and if the pregnancy has been otherwise uneventful it should be okay. For the US to be so medically advanced we have a remarkably high infant and mother mortality rate here.

MY thing is that under no condition would I want to deliver in a place that doesn't offer good drugs. And a lot of them. When asked if I wanted morphine or an epidural I responded with a "what do you mean 'or?'". 

They give morphine to women in labor?

4 hours ago, toolazy said:

So am I the one who thinks that little dog is doomed what with Kenny pointing out that he is old and how much Kenny loves him.  That bit went on for a while and made me increasingly nervous for the puppy.

I hope it's not foreshadowing like Angela and her mother! 

14 minutes ago, toolazy said:

I've had it all 3 times in 3 different hospitals. In my last labor I was even on a morphine drip that I controlled myself. 

• Useful 4
18 minutes ago, toolazy said:

Yes.

https://uihc.org/health-topics/treating-your-pain-during-labor-and-delivery

"Typical opioid (narcotic) medications used for labor pain relief at the UI Hospitals & Clinics include fentanyl, Nubain (nalbuphine), morphine, and Stadol (butorphanol).

The pain medications can be given by the labor nurse or a pump device is attached to the IV and the mother can self-administer the pain medication when needed. The device has a safety mechanism to prevent an overdose."

1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

Yes.

https://uihc.org/health-topics/treating-your-pain-during-labor-and-delivery

"Typical opioid (narcotic) medications used for labor pain relief at the UI Hospitals & Clinics include fentanyl, Nubain (nalbuphine), morphine, and Stadol (butorphanol).

The pain medications can be given by the labor nurse or a pump device is attached to the IV and the mother can self-administer the pain medication when needed. The device has a safety mechanism to prevent an overdose."

I'm stunned by this.  But happy for all the pregnant ladies out there. 

1 minute ago, toolazy said:

I'm stunned by this.  But happy for all the pregnant ladies out there. 

You still feel the labor pains. It's apparently not anywhere near as good as the laudadum that my grandmother had in the 40s...😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Kangatush said:

But it was Deavan's choice.  A logical person might have said, hey I found this place located in X, can you tell me about that neighborhood?  

And I do love the people who keep saying it's no place for kids, despite local children living there quite well.  And in most cases they're talking about infants.  Just don't put your baby on the pile of boards and rusty nails.  

Years ago Kevin Costner was in a movie called DRAGONFLY. His pregnant wife supposedly dies in a plane crash in the Amazon, but then later he learns that a local tribe, the "Yanamami", actually found her and took care of her and delivered the baby (who was fine). They'd been raising her in their village. At the end, Costner does this voiceover where he says, "How one tiny baby was able to survive in that jungle I'll never know..." And I always holler back, "The same way the Yanamami children do!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

You still feel the labor pains. It's apparently not anywhere near as good as the laudadum that my grandmother had in the 40s...😀

Back in those days, the mother finally came out of her total blackout, drugged state days later...not knowing what happened...Boy? Girl? Zzzzzz
Those scary Metal head forceps were commonly used since the mother was completely out and didn’t push.

Baby fed, washed, diapered by the nurses while mother was incapacitated.
Average stay was 5-7 days post partum, mostly to let the mother recover from the trauma of labor and the delivery.
The extended bed rest was not good for mother’s respiratory health and throwing clots was a high risk after such a long time in bed.

Now mother, baby are hustled out the door...like that TV show....Before 48 Hours.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

FINALLY getting around to commenting on this one. I feel like quarantine has made me "Don't Grumpy Stop." I meant to do the live chat and just....fell asleep.

Anyway, I don't know what I have more to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll make a few comments (which means I'll be rambling on forever):

Jenny & Sumit: I didn't think it was possible for Jenny to look worse than last time around, yet here she is with darker, greasier hair. I think all that grease has soaked into what little active brain cells she apparently has left. How can she just fly over to India AGAIN and not have any proof of Sumit's divorce proceedings. She just flies over without knowing what town they are living in or how far it is away from his family. In addition to divorce papers, I'd be asking for the apartment address, photos, asking (or even - oh my gosh - googling!) how far the town is from his family and major cities, etc. These women are just stumbling through their lives as if they have no say in anything - everything just "happens" to them. It drives me insane. Jenny deserves everything she gets from this bad sitch. She's not the brightest bulb but she's had family and friends tell her exactly what's going on and she refuses to see the truth. 

Deavan & Jihoon: Deavan is another one that deserves everything she gets. Isn't the definition of crazy something along the lines of "doing everything the same and expecting different results?" If so, Deavan is batshit crazy. She chose to have sex with Jihoon right away, apparently didn't take any responsibility for birth control, didn't go get Plan B the next day, and for some unknown reason decided that the only course of action was to marry a stranger and move to a foreign country. And she expects this man-child to "man up" and change overnight. Jihoon is no prize, but he's shown Deavan time and time again who he is. Deavan becomes a nagging wench. It's just uncomfortable to watch. And while the location of the apartment was suspect, the apartment itself honestly wasn't bad. It looked like it had a fairly modern kitchen and two bedrooms, which is far bigger than Jihoon's parents place IIRC. Again, anyone can Google real estate in S. Korea and know within a few minutes that space is at a premium and most places are very small. As another poster mentioned -- take away Deavan's parents help (and house) and let's see what she can afford in the US. 

Ari & Baby (however they are spelling it): I too saw the cutting scars on Ari's arms. That, coupled with her comment about how she doesn't handle stress well, makes me AGAIN wonder why she's choosing to basically marry a stranger and move away. Again, this is 2020 - birth control is out there people! There are plenty of options and these people are acting like "omg, it just happened!" Idiots. Ari's unfortunate face is really bugging me. Call me crazy but Baby seems sincere and it seems he did put in the effort to find a place. Again, what was she expecting? He is an aspiring "rap star" and doesn't seem to have a day job. 

Armando & Kenny (and Truffles): I'm rooting for these guys full stop. I wish their families would stop putting the guilt trips on them though. How cute is Hannah? 

Tim & Myzea (OK, I know that's not her name or how to spell it but I'm too lazy to look it up): He is a simple cheatstick. He cheats on her one month prior to her coming to live with him for 6 months. What a dope! He needs a new therapist. It would serve him well to keep his house and rent it out (smart, having an income stream) and he can sell the house later on if he wants. There's just something off about this guy. He's just dull and a dud. 

One final thought (see, I told you I'd be dragging this on and on): I don't understand why these grown people's parents are SO INVOLVED in their lives. Maybe it's because I was brought up to be fiercely independent and I'm not too close to my family. But why is Tim's mom (and friend) going down to Colombia at the same time Tim is? I mean, it's fine to visit - but later, after he settles in and they get to know each other better. Dude, you are 30 something - tell your mom NOT to come down for a few months. Mom - your son is an adult, why on earth are  you going down with him right away. And WHO has their mommy come to help them pack? I truly find it bizarre. Cut the cord people -- all of you couples! 

OK, back to work. Thanks for listening to my rambles. I'm not too busy with work today and am experiencing Covid loneliness. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Tim isn’t packing up his life to go to prove anything to MeLazy, he is just there For groveling, letting Her preen for teevee and her SM and staying only until the camera crew finishes filming in COloambeya, then he is high tailing it back to Big D to water his grass and go back to work...What a fraud....to us...again.

Why are Mother and Carmen accompanying CheeseTim to COloambeya (hate the Dorky way he says Colombia)? To wipe his anal when he poos? Carmen must be the guardrail to keep this adventure from flying off the rails.
His kitty won’t make it out of quarantine before it has to come back to the US....to quarantine again.
CheeseJizz is dull dull dull and he must be keeping her flush with lots of pesos to keep her interest in his cheatin' ass.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Jen Ninny could have asked the Captain Obvious question...how long does an Indian divorce take? But nooo...she packs up her meager belongings and hauls back to her manbaby.

Realistically, if TLC pays for her yearly trips to India until the divorce comes through she should  leave her luggage (better still sell her clothing and suitcases for cash) with SomeMeat and just take a backpack back and forth to her daughter's couch in Palm Springs.

JenNinny would be happy spending a few weeks with SomeMeat every year on TLC's dime....it will be years before they can marry.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Why are Mother and Carmen accompanying CheeseTim to COloambeya (hate the Dorky way he says Colombia)?

Actually, I think Cheese Stick it attempting to pronounce it more authentically than the other Tim who pronounced it CoLUMbia (and probably spelled it incorrectly with a “U” which drives me crazy!) 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

JenNinny would be happy spending a few weeks with SomeMeat every year on TLC's dime....it will be years before they can marry.

Please, TLC, I’m begging you! Don’t subject us to YEARS of those star crossed lovers waiting for Sumit’s divorce to become final. They’d be on more seasons than Angela and Michael or Darcey and the various “love(s) of her life.” 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Please, TLC, I’m begging you!

You can grovel, cry until snot comes pouring out of both nostrils, your eyes get puffy, have jagged, gulping sobs like CheezTim but 90Day TOW will submit us to SomeMeat and JenNinny until she can't board the plane anymore....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Back in those days, the mother finally came out of her total blackout, drugged state days later...not knowing what happened...Boy? Girl? Zzzzzz
Those scary Metal head forceps were commonly used since the mother was completely out and didn’t push.

Baby fed, washed, diapered by the nurses while mother was incapacitated.
Average stay was 5-7 days post partum, mostly to let the mother recover from the trauma of labor and the delivery.
The extended bed rest was not good for mother’s respiratory health and throwing clots was a high risk after such a long time in bed.

Now mother, baby are hustled out the door...like that TV show....Before 48 Hours.

The good old days...That pretty much describes both of my vaginal deliveries. I spent 4 nights in there after my second son, 5 after my daughter. Conversely, I was released 36 hours after my brain surgery.

Edited by mamadrama
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Did we see Jihoon's father in the van? If not, maybe he drove "The Family Truckster" home. 

He was driving another vehicle and following. 

Thanks, that makes sense. Deaven, Druscilla and the baby probably have a ton of stuff since they're allegedly moving to SK and would require at least two cars.  

Another unrelated question, who is the scary looking guy in the huge tattoo on Deaven's shoulder? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Another unrelated question, who is the scary looking guy in the huge tattoo on Deaven's shoulder? 

This is just a guess since I only saw a glimpse of it. To me, it looked like Edward Scissorhands!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Here's the Airbnb Deavan rented...Looks like the pictures to me.

It looks exactly like the pictures! Maybe she was surprised about the neighborhood, but Deavan got exactly what she signed up for in terms of the apartment itself. Such a whiner and complainer with that open/downturned mouth. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

This is just a guess since I only saw a glimpse of it. To me, it looked like Edward Scissorhands!

You're right! I thought it looked familiar, but I couldn't place the face. 

• Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 1:45 AM, John M said:

Why do all of these people act like all of all of their circumstances have just, happened to them, do any of the idiots believe they have any agency whatsoever? Oops! You know, sometimes you have a baby! You know that thing where out of nowhere you end up living in a decrepit apartment with a lying shiftless moron in a foreign country? I know this is TLC driven but have some self-respect.

Hard to play the victim if you admit that you made one bad choice after the other. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 7/8/2020 at 6:33 PM, John M said:

Gentrophilia is a real thing and I know a very attractive 30 something, professionally successful man very, very obviously deeply in love with his partner of a decade, a pudgy man pushing 60 with no significant wealth or income, although super nice.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

But I'm sure in that case, there is not potential green card, right?

(edited)
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

But I'm sure in that case, there is not potential green card, right?

I always got the sense that Aladin really did love Laura and he said as much in an IG video after they'd broken up. He said that she had lied about her age and her photos were altered to make her look a little younger and not as overweight. However, he said that by the time he met her he had already fallen in love with her and those things didn't matter as much at that point. She had already gone over there and spent time with him before she returned a second time to marry him. Also, he did not seem at all interested in moving to the U.S. It seems like it's automatically assumed that everyone would/should want to move here if they marry an American but that's not always the case. In fact, if I met a man from the U.K. he'd be in for a surprise if he was hoping for a green card because I'm a major Anglophile and would love to move over there permanently!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I always got the sense that Aladin really did love Laura and he said as much in an IG video after they'd broken up. He said that she had lied about her age and her photos were altered to make her look a little younger and not as overweight. However, he said that by the time he met her he had already fallen in love with her and those things didn't matter as much at that point. She had already gone over there and spent time with him before she returned a second time to marry him. Also, he did not seem at all interested in moving to the U.S. It seems like it's automatically assumed that everyone would/should want to move here if they marry an American but that's not always the case. In fact, if I met a man from the U.K. he'd be in for a surprise if he was hoping for a green card because I'm a major Anglophile and would love to move over there permanently!

This is so true. Sometimes when I tell people that I married a foreigner I get the "are you sure he didn't just marry you for the green card" speech. I'm pretty sure he didn't. He had a great life in the UK. Lots of friends, a nice house and car, a good job, family, free healthcare, the possibility of advancing in the Royal Air Force...He gave all that up to move to a holler in a state he'd barely heard of (Americans get ridiculed for supposedly not knowing world geography but to a lot of the world the US consists of Florida, NYC, LA, and Texas), in a country in which he had no friends or family. And it's been insanely hard for him to work. He has degrees from two of the most respected and oldest universities in the world, but most US universities won't hire him because said degrees are not from US accredited schools. He can teach at Oxford, but he can't sign up as a sub in my tiny county who's desperate for them. We moved to the US because I wasn't really happy in the UK and I wanted to be close to my mom with my kid. We could've just as easily stayed there.

That's a long-winded way of saying that I, too, think Aladdin loved Laura. There have been some obvious cases where the foreigner has married for the GC and is going to skedaddle as soon as they can, but I think there has been just as many examples where that's not been the case. I don't think Karine, for instance, originally wanted to immigrate; I think Pole talked her into it by selling her a pack of lies about how great their lives would be here.

• Love 3
On 7/7/2020 at 1:14 AM, endure said:

Did anyone else notice the scars or stretch marks on Ari’s arm, either from cutting or from being obese?

Yes, it was alarming. Looks like something she did to herself. 😞

6 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

It seems like it's automatically assumed that everyone would/should want to move here if they marry an American but that's not always the case. In fact, if I met a man from the U.K. he'd be in for a surprise if he was hoping for a green card because I'm a major Anglophile and would love to move over there permanently!

This would have been me as well had I not married a fellow American! I have yet to go but tell everyone I believe I was born on the wrong side of the pond!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Aladdin played a good game.  Do you really think they never video chat?  You can't really hide much through a video chat unless you use snapchat filters and even that is wonky.  Ed may not have told Rose his true height, but she knew what he looked like.

I also don't believe the premise that he saw what she was and said, "oh well, even though she lied to me, I'm still in love."  

These people are also on a TV show.  Of course they are going to pretend they are so in love.   Do you really think they want to be viewed as a scammer?  That's certainly not going to help their game if it doesn't work out with their intended fiance..

America isn't the end all be all, but Tunisia has a high unemployment. Pre-COVID, our economy was pretty good.  There are still people that view America as the land of opportunity, so if you are in a impoverished country or you aren't living well in your own, you may kid yourself into thinking they'll do well in America. 

It seems to be over for some of these 90 day Fers that once they realize their lifestyle isn't going to get much better with this older, fatter  American, they opt out.

• Love 1