Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Don't Grumpy Stop

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Aladdin played a good game.  Do you really think they never video chat?  You can't really hide much through a video chat unless you use snapchat filters and even that is wonky.  Ed may not have told Rose his true height, but she knew what he looked like.

I also don't believe the premise that he saw what she was and said, "oh well, even though she lied to me, I'm still in love."  

These people are also on a TV show.  Of course they are going to pretend they are so in love.   Do you really think they want to be viewed as a scammer?  That's certainly not going to help their game if it doesn't work out with their intended fiance..

America isn't the end all be all, but Tunisia has a high unemployment. Pre-COVID, our economy was pretty good.  There are still people that view America as the land of opportunity, so if you are in a impoverished country or you aren't living well in your own, you may kid yourself into thinking they'll do well in America. 

It seems to be over for some of these 90 day Fers that once they realize their lifestyle isn't going to get much better with this older, fatter  American, they opt out.

Aladdin doesn't live in Tunisia.

Not hard for me to believe that Aladdin saw her and still loved her. Look at Jenny...Sumit literally pretended to be a completely different person. 

I have a YouTube channel and you can do some amazing things with free filters, the right angle, and good lighting. Only film from the neck up, use a ring light, apply the right makeup, use a filter to smooth your skin...Just look at how different Rebecca looked in her videos.

Rose didn't complain about Ed's face, just his height. Which he lied about.

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Aladdin doesn't live in Tunisia.

Not hard for me to believe that Aladdin saw her and still loved her. Look at Jenny...Sumit literally pretended to be a completely different person. 

I have a YouTube channel and you can do some amazing things with free filters, the right angle, and good lighting. Only film from the neck up, use a ring light, apply the right makeup, use a filter to smooth your skin...Just look at how different Rebecca looked in her videos.

Rose didn't complain about Ed's face, just his height. Which he lied about.

Right.  Tunisia is his home country; he worked in Qatar.  Now after his 90 day reality fame, he launched his own travel business.  

I do not believe for one second that someone who is dedicated to working out is going to fall in love with a very overweight, dumpy 50 something.   Everyone I know who rips a six pack, is concerned about being in the best shape does not date a heavy woman.   

Yes, I believe Jenny fell for Summit.  But look at Jenny.  She wasn't having men knocking down her door.  Neither was Laura, which is why she went and found someone she thought she could control through K1.

Do you really think that Aladin was a Summit and ever had problems attracting good looking women who take care of themselves?  

Also, here's new fiance.  Yeah, he REALLY was in love with Laura once.  

Aladin-Jallali.jpg?resize=768,432&ssl=1

laura-in-sex-shop.jpg

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Right.  Tunisia is his home country; he worked in Qatar.  Now after his 90 day reality fame, he launched his own travel business.  

I do not believe for one second that someone who is dedicated to working out is going to fall in love with a very overweight, dumpy 50 something.   Everyone I know who rips a six pack, is concerned about being in the best shape does not date a heavy woman. 

This is Hugh Jackman with his wife:

images.jpg.bf73c9c500ed312e24dcfd0ba435cc46.jpg

She is thirteen years older than him.

And it's super, super common in the LGBT community to have couples that seem more mismatched than your typical heterosexual couple, the lipstick/butch lesbian couple is one of the classic archetypes and VERY much truly common.

I mean, I'm not saying I believe it but the idea isn't ludicrous on its face.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, John M said:

And it's super, super common in the LGBT community to have couples that seem more mismatched than your typical heterosexual couple, the lipstick/butch lesbian couple is one of the classic archetypes and VERY much truly common.

Guess how Hugh Jackman met his wife?  Organically.  They met on the set of Australian TV show Correlli in 1995.  Guess what she looked like when the met?

ccd7fee0-9b4f-11e9-ac17-7bf42a81794c_800

Guess how Laura met Aladin?  On an international dating site.   And we know what she looked like when they met.

Yes, I know that men fall in love with older women.  I know that there are people that like a beefy person.  But Aladin went from overweight 50 something to a very thin woman.  He doesn't have a beefy type.  His fiance is his age.   

I know people liked Aladin.  But this wasn't a Hugh Jackman situation.  They did not meet organically.  They appeared on a reality show to get married.  Hugh Jackman and his wife have stood the test of time.   Unlike Laura and Aladin.

In my view, Aladin is a great actor who had an endgame. I have no doubt Laura presented herself as a wealthy woman.  Or  that he knew reality show would help his brand.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, John M said:

“Love is not love which alters it when alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove: O no! It is an ever fixed mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken; it is the star to every wandering bark whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

• Love 2
On 7/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, mamadrama said:

Here's the Airbnb Deavan rented...Looks like the pictures to me.

I was actually curious and clicked on the link. Current price is $46/night plus taxes. I don't know if this is due to the Coronavirus or not, but it seems pretty cheap. I checked nearby Gangnam area (a wealthy area popularized by a Korean artist, Psy) and the prices are similar currently. I did some googling, and I think the $50/night isn't an outrageous sum, though you might not be in tourist-y areas.

I thought Deavan's mom was very rude. The constant cursing, and screaming about driving. Even if JiHoon's parents don't understand much English, they understand tone. City driving is a different beast. Has she never been to New York City or any major city in the U.S.? There is constant lane switching and driving close to other cars.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Unraveled said:

I was actually curious and clicked on the link. Current price is $46/night plus taxes. I don't know if this is due to the Coronavirus or not, but it seems pretty cheap. I checked nearby Gangnam area (a wealthy area popularized by a Korean artist, Psy) and the prices are similar currently. I did some googling, and I think the $50/night isn't an outrageous sum, though you might not be in tourist-y areas.

I thought Deavan's mom was very rude. The constant cursing, and screaming about driving. Even if JiHoon's parents don't understand much English, they understand tone. City driving is a different beast. Has she never been to New York City or any major city in the U.S.? There is constant lane switching and driving close to other cars.

So that’s under $1500 for a two-bedroom.  There are plenty of cities where that is market rate or below.

Deavan and Kalani with their accidental pregnancies are proof that getting my 18 year old daughter BC implant that gives her 3 years of protection was a great move.  And I'll have her get 2 more of them while on my insurance.

• Love 9
On 7/8/2020 at 4:49 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Jenny would have been better off haunting the local golf course or dog park, found herself a nice widower with grown kids, and combined their Social Security for a pleasant life. 

This all day

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, mmecorday said:

For a moment there I thought I was watching "House Hunters International" when grown-up Cindy Lou Who was looking at the apartment. "I'm sorry. I'm a snob. If my bathroom is not updated every five years, I see no reason to go on."

I really missed something. WHo is "Cindy Lou" and what country or episode? I do not recall anyone named that.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:32 AM, Boo Boo said:

Deavan and Kalani with their accidental pregnancies are proof that getting my 18 year old daughter BC implant that gives her 3 years of protection was a great move.  And I'll have her get 2 more of them while on my insurance.

Obviously these gals were trying to trap men into supporting them. They just made some bizarre choices.

• Love 1

Cindy Lou Who is a character in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, by Dr. Seuss.   The Grinch stole her Christmas tree.   

She's one of those wide-eyed, not too quick on the uptake kids.

I had so much fun watching this episode.     I still hate Sumit's lying rear end, and Jenny's sad sack face. 

• Love 5