Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: She's A Wolf

• Start Topic

Elizabeth's new discovery threatens the wedding. Colt comes clean to his mother. Karine discovers more about Paul's America. Angela is desperate for a witness. Larissa makes a surprising call. Kalani and her mother go head-to-head with Asuelu.

Premiered 07/05/2020

Early Premiere 06/29/2020

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

OMG, does she really take his house key away?

Smartest move she's made since we met her!  Next step should be a Restraining Order (on Pole ONLY...not Karinee or Pierree).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

3. Having said that, please TLC, please let mother Debbie tag along on colts trip to Brazil.  It would make my month.  Thank you. 

Please TLC make this happen!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 6/29/2020 at 2:42 PM, RealReality said:

4. Paul lost his mind about Pierre being out of the carseat for two minutes, but he has no problem driving him around in a car that has been sitting outside for months, hasn't been checked by a mechanic and appears to have balding tires?  The hell? 

And he has no problem jumping out of the car in the middle of the road or screaming in front of his baby. Paul's a loose canon. Some of the blame can probably be put on his parents, but I also think he has some serious issues.

• Love 13

I can buy that TLC is being shady on Aseulu's employment front. That the whole "he hands out yogurt" all day is them frauding us. Other cast members have real jobs, too, and they pretend they don't. But that exchange in the car? If I'd been the mother I'd have pulled over and told him that if it were so easy then he could find his own way to CA or back to Utah where he could explain himself to Lo. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

And he has no problem jumping out of the car in the middle of the road or screaming in front of his baby. Paul's a loose canon. Some of the blame can probably be put on his parents, but I also think he has some serious issues.

"Some"?  You are far more generous than me, because I think he has like all the serious mental issues.  

I will never forget him threatening to drown himself in shit water after karine didn't immediately say she was okay with learning he had a criminal past.  It was compelling television, but still.  

I think his mom maybe coddled him, but lots of mother's have a soft spot for their sons.  My sister's husband.....his mother spoils him silly, but the man got a job, supports his family and has neither run out into traffic or threatened suicide by poop water.  

I feel so sorry for her that Paul is her only child.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

"Some"?  You are far more generous than me, because I think he has like all the serious mental issues.  

I will never forget him threatening to drown himself in shit water after karine didn't immediately say she was okay with learning he had a criminal past.  It was compelling television, but still.  

I think his mom maybe coddled him, but lots of mother's have a soft spot for their sons.  My sister's husband.....his mother spoils him silly, but the man got a job, supports his family and has neither run out into traffic or threatened suicide by poop water.  

I feel so sorry for her that Paul is her only child.  

When he was threatening to jump into the poop water I kept wanting Karine to hand him a condom and say, "Good luck!" 

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

When he was threatening to jump into the poop water I kept wanting Karine to hand him a condom and say, "Good luck!" 

I was actively rooting for a fish to swim up his dick, but my wife said it was probably too small for the fish to find it. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

What the hell is in mother Debbie's mug, she sounds drunk as a skunk. 

Why the hell does her mug say “Best Step-Dad Ever”?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Road trip from Hell! I want to smack that sullen Asuelo. More breastfeeding scenes! No wonder Kalahni's back ached, she was twisted around like a pretzel nursing Kennedy in the third row and trying to calm screaming Oliver at the same time. On re-watching, there is no third row, but Kalani is wedged between Oliver's car seat and Kennedy's bucket carrier which doesn't appear to have a base. 

93F42CEC-47FD-4A30-8B0D-4D62D95A8852.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6

What was Asuelu DOING?! Did he forget that scary older man with the chin braid happens to have a special interest in Kalani NOT being called a bitch? Or that Sister Kalani has been ready to usurp his (nominal) title of co-parent? Why is he not worried?!?!

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

What was Asuelu DOING?! Did he forget that scary older man with the chin braid happens to have a special interest in Kalani NOT being called a bitch? Or that Sister Kalani has been ready to usurp his (nominal) title of co-parent? Why is he not worried?!?!

Either it's all fake or he's picking a fight so that they'll make him leave and he can return to Samoa acting like a victim.

4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Michael has an Aunt Lydia! Blessed be the fruit (loops)! 

FTFY 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Road trip from Hell! I want to smack that sullen Asuelo. More breastfeeding scenes! No wonder Kalahni's back ached, she was twisted around like a pretzel nursing Kennedy in the third row and trying to calm screaming Oliver at the same time. 

93F42CEC-47FD-4A30-8B0D-4D62D95A8852.jpeg

I thought that nowadays, toddlers face to the rear in a carseat until at least 3-4 years old?

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I thought that nowadays, toddlers face to the rear in a carseat until at least 3-4 years old?

I know that the guidelines have changed for the recommendations, but as of a few years ago the laws hadn't completely changed because the car seats did not fit in some car seats safely. So, they recommended you still put everyone rear facing unless you couldn't make it stable. Both car seat manufacturers and car manufacturers have taking the issue into account, but there are still so many older cars out there. 

Apparently i have ran out of likes, again. So, you get a like! and you get a like! Everyone gets a like!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I can't find this preview on DISH yet, but I'm assuming it might be on the TLC GO app.  

I know what tawdry entertainment I'll be enjoying over dinner tonight.  

Thanks to all of the posts so far, I can tell it will be a treat 😄   

• Love 3
On 6/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, politichick said:

And what about the imbecilic Asuelo talking mad smack to Kalini in front of her mother? If I were the mother, I'd have pulled over that car and smacked him in is bitch-ass mouth. Or dropped him off at a bus station. He's pouting like a toddler about not being able to go to Samoa. Doesn't seem to understand the difference between traveling there and California. And because it can't be asked too much, what the fuck does this woman see in him? The D can't be all that and he probably comes in about two seconds. 

Testify!!!!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/1/2020 at 6:53 AM, Christina said:

So, they recommended you still put everyone rear facing unless you couldn't make it stable

I can understand infants in rear facing seats but where would a 4 year old's legs go? But Kennedy appeared to be facing towards the inside of the car, neither the front nor the rear. It was almost like he was in a bucket carrier, without a base, that was plopped sideways next to Kalani. 

On 7/1/2020 at 11:57 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I can't find this preview on DISH yet, but I'm assuming it might be on the TLC GO app.  

That's where I watched it

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, politichick said:

And because it can't be asked too much, what the fuck does this woman see in him? The D can't be all that and he probably comes in about two seconds. 

Supposedly since she lost her virginity to him, he's the only man Kalani has ever been with so she has no frame of reference. It IS the "best sex of her life!" 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I can understand infants in rear facing seats but where would a 4 year old's legs go? But Kennedy appeared to be facing towards the inside of the car, neither the front nor the rear. It was almost like he was in a bucket carrier that was plopped sideways in the third row among the luggage. 

I know what the guidelines say, but they're just guidelines, not usually steadfast rules. I remember being upset at my pediatrician's office with my first son because everyone kept telling me that my 3 yo should still be rear facing. His legs were almost as long as mine. Our pediatrician said, "Because of your child's height, it is far more dangerous for them to sit backwards. Just because that's proven to be safest for MOST children doesn't mean it's the safest, or right thing, for yours. These guidelines rarely take in the bigger picture." I faced him forward after that and left every online mommy group I was in. I picked him up from school and they started doing this thing where the teachers would walk out the kids and observe whether they were being put in a carseat the "right way." I (sort of) respectfully opted out of that and told the principal that the only person's advice I was interested in hearing was my qualified pediatrician's.

But yeah, that carseat looked sideways. It's no wonder, though. Those were two big honking carseats and Kalani's not a small woman. That whole setup looked really uncomfortable. My husband is 6'4" and sometimes he'd have to ride in the back with both carseats and by the time we got to where we were going, he would be in a lot of pain. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Supposedly since she lost her virginity to him, he's the only man Kalani has ever been with so she has no frame of reference. It IS the "best sex of her life!" 

That is so sad.  

• Love 7

Their entire car setup with the 2 car seats and the adult in the middle just doesn’t seem safe. I don’t know what car they have, but it doesn’t look like one where you can safely have 2 car seats and an adult safely. Asuelo is a child. It’s not like you’ll never go back but why risk your children’s safety??? 

this whole Jesse/Coltee has to be a set up. But I really want to see mama colt in brazil. 

and pole and that car?? That’s just gross. I don’t want to think about what grossness is in there if he found 3 year old french fries. I really hope that his mom is secretely helping karine, I don’t think she knew what she was in for by coming to the us. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Their entire car setup with the 2 car seats and the adult in the middle just doesn’t seem safe. I don’t know what car they have, but it doesn’t look like one where you can safely have 2 car seats and an adult safely. Asuelo is a child. It’s not like you’ll never go back but why risk your children’s safety??? 

this whole Jesse/Coltee has to be a set up. But I really want to see mama colt in brazil. 

and pole and that car?? That’s just gross. I don’t want to think about what grossness is in there if he found 3 year old french fries. I really hope that his mom is secretely helping karine, I don’t think she knew what she was in for by coming to the us. 

Paul didn't even seem that disgusted by the three year old fries.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

4. Paul lost his mind about Pierre being out of the carseat for two minutes, but he has no problem driving him around in a car that has been sitting outside for months, hasn't been checked by a mechanic and appears to have balding tires?  The hell?  

His freak out had jack to do with safety and everything to do with legality. Piere could be strapped to the roof as long as no law was broken.

And speaking of crappy dads, have we ever seen Paul do anything for his son, or even hold him?

Edited by Kangatush
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Kangatush said:

His freak out had jack to do with safety and everything to do with legality. Piere could be strapped to the roof as long as no law was broken.

And speaking of crappy dads, have we ever seen Paul do anything for his son, or even hold him?

Yeah, he was freaking out not because Pierre was out of the carseat but because it was caught on camera.

• Love 5

Just watched this evening's preview.

I liked the chat that Michael had with his aunt. She is talking sense, she is acting mature. She does see good in Angela and respect. However Angela cannot have children and Michael will need to find another woman to have kids with. Wonder if anyone has asked him if he wants any kids or it's just an expectation of his culture? Michael looks good in his cultural garments - whether they are Hausa, or whatever.

Coltee telling mommy that he has a girlfriend. Oh, Coltee, mommy wants you all to herself and you probably won't be able to date anyone until she dies. And that could be 20 or more years. You are kinda tied to your mom. Only way for you to break free is get your own apartment and maybe subsidize an apartment for her several miles away. Of course, the girl's visa is running out, of course she is from Brazil. Debbie doesn't judge folks. Do cats throw up hairballs?

I hope that the Asuelu and Kalani storyline is fabricated. Asuelu is mad mad mad that he can't go home to Samoa and is taking it out on his wife and inlaws. He is throwing a tantrum and acting like a petulant child. How Kalani puts up with him and had two kids with him in about 2 years is beyond me. He should be spoken to about American expectations for a man and a husband/life partner. and if he can't do any of it, go back home to Samoa and stay there.  He is a grown man with two infant children and it is time for him to step up and grow up.  No more videogames til his share of the home stuff is done. He is not a man and has no hopes of being a man until the family stops enabling him. Get him to a marriage counsellor, talk about expectations and marital and family roles and if he can't cut it, take the first boat back to Samoa. He will have plenty of time to think about things. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I'm just about 100% sure mother Debbie would have reacted the same way if Colt had waited longer for another relationship. It doesn't mean he's getting married. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's into just having a friend with benefits at this point. But Debbie, who was "really hurting after the last relationship" <g> doesn't want to loosen her grip on her 34 year old man-boy.

• Love 11

Asuelu is in the front seat sulking about not going to Samoa because the “baby’s safety comes first.” Meanwhile, Kalani is in the back seat without a seatbelt, nursing Kennedy who doesn’t appear to be restrained in a car seat. 

641DECA8-53A5-4370-A28A-60201E73D60F.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, renatae said:

I'm just about 100% sure mother Debbie would have reacted the same way if Colt had waited longer for another relationship. It doesn't mean he's getting married. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's into just having a friend with benefits at this point. But Debbie, who was "really hurting after the last relationship" <g> doesn't want to loosen her grip on her 34 year old man-boy.

LOL, she needs to go to Brazil to make sure colt doesn't make another mistake. 

Last time she let him travel internationally he came home with a fiance. 

That won't do for Debbie one little bit.  

And I'm not going to lie, I think it's going to be highly entertaining.  I hope she packs some cans of Dinty Moore. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9

Commenting on Asuelu and Kalani on their drive to Cali.  Come on, girl, that’s a 3 ring circus of unbuckled seat belts in the back seat.  It won’t kill you to pump some milk beforehand and have it ready.  There has to be a better way.  Oh there must be because she’s willing to sit up front. And Asuelu, what an ass griping that he can’t go to Samoa - still.  I’ve never seen a grown man pout so much or at all. I cannot imagine him being a coworker.  I hope Kalani’s brother and sister rip him a new one.  

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I feel sorry for the passengers who had to fly on that plane with Family Kalani. 

It’s obvious to me now that Asuelo’s Gump act was just that. He’s not stupid, he is a super petty bitch. And I feel fully justified in calling him a bitch since he called his wife one in front of her mother no less. I agree with Mother Kalani in that he’d never talk like that in front of Kalani’s father.

Paul is the most disgusting little demented Fraggle I have ever seen. The way he just tossed those two-year-old fries into someone’s yard shows exactly why his parents took his keys. He was probably living in that beat up Camry with those bald tires. Probably eating those fries while stalking some other woman.  

I think Colt should name the next cat, Colte Gal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

Why is Larissa still in this country?  Oh right, TLC is probably paying for her to stay here.

Ugh Asuelo.  Why is Kalani still with this jerk?  Why did she even sleep with this nut?

Colt's problem is that he doesn't have any friends outside of his mother.  No problem with him being close to his mom, but he doesn't seem to have any other friends.

Paul's car was gross.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Commenting on Asuelu and Kalani on their drive to Cali.  Come on, girl, that’s a 3 ring circus of unbuckled seat belts in the back seat.  It won’t kill you to pump some milk beforehand and have it ready.  There has to be a better way.  Oh there must be because she’s willing to sit up front. And Asuelu, what an ass griping that he can’t go to Samoa - still.  I’ve never seen a grown man pout so much or at all. I cannot imagine him being a coworker.  I hope Kalani’s brother and sister rip him a new one.  

Asuelo's affect is so flat it's hard for me to know when he's pouting by looking at him.  His expression does not change.  There he was saying really insulting things *to his mother-in-law* about *her daughter* and yet his face remained the same, whether he was spouting shit about how easy Kalani's life was, or being chewed out by Kalani's mom.  It was the same face when he told Kalani he wanted to go to Samoa and when his father-in-law was semi-threatening him to shape up.  The only change of expression I can recall is when they were on their ax-throwing date and he was enjoying himself.  He seems to withhold any emotion unless he is pleased with what is going on in terms of his own pleasure.

Is that stone-face deal a cultural thing?

Is he ever going to get it through his head that he lives in the US now, and things are different?  He needs some kind of culture-therapist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why is Larissa still in this country?  Oh right, TLC is probably paying for her to stay here.

Ugh Asuelo.  Why is Kalani still with this jerk?  Why did she even sleep with this nut?

Colt's problem is that he doesn't have any friends outside of his mother.  No problem with him being close to his mom, but he doesn't seem to have any other friends.

Paul's car was gross.

I think the couple's thread has info on why Larissa is still in the US. And may be in the US for a very long time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, she needs to go to Brazil to make sure colt doesn't make another mistake. 

Last time she let him travel internationally he came home with a fiance. 

That won't do for Debbie one little bit.  

And I'm not going to lie, I think it's going to be highly entertaining.  I hope she packs some cans of Dinty Moore. 

I'm looking way more forward to this than I should be. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why is Larissa still in this country?  Oh right, TLC is probably paying for her to stay here

Colt actually does have a lot of friends outside of Debbie. The problem is that they're crazier, and even more of a famewhore, than Larissa. His BFF was on "Marrying Millions". It explained a lot.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2020 at 1:22 PM, mamadrama said:

Paul definitely has some issues, mental health, oxygen deprived at birth, or some other brain deficit.....maybe he had a brain injury.  I don’t think he can do much better than he does, some people just can’t.

• Love 12
On 7/1/2020 at 12:25 AM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I think maybe its all just acted drama for the show

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

Asuelo's affect is so flat it's hard for me to know when he's pouting by looking at him.  His expression does not change.  There he was saying really insulting things *to his mother-in-law* about *her daughter* and yet his face remained the same, whether he was spouting shit about how easy Kalani's life was, or being chewed out by Kalani's mom.  It was the same face when he told Kalani he wanted to go to Samoa and when his father-in-law was semi-threatening him to shape up.  The only change of expression I can recall is when they were on their ax-throwing date and he was enjoying himself.  He seems to withhold any emotion unless he is pleased with what is going on in terms of his own pleasure.

Is that stone-face deal a cultural thing?

Is he ever going to get it through his head that he lives in the US now, and things are different?  He needs some kind of culture-therapist.

Ha ha a culture coach.......just what the world needs now

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2020 at 9:30 AM, RealReality said:

OMG, does she really take his house key away?  That sounds hilarious

Took the key off and I'm not so sure she didn't move, too; the first house was a Sears & Roebuck house; this one's a small ranch. Her mistake when removing the key was to give him the new address. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I feel sorry for the passengers who had to fly on that plane with Family Kalani. 

It’s obvious to me now that Asuelo’s Gump act was just that. He’s not stupid, he is a super petty bitch. And I feel fully justified in calling him a bitch since he called his wife one in front of her mother no less. I agree with Mother Kalani in that he’d never talk like that in front of Kalani’s father.

Paul is the most disgusting little demented Fraggle I have ever seen. The way he just tossed those two-year-old fries into someone’s yard shows exactly why his parents took his keys. He was probably living in that beat up Camry with those bald tires. Probably eating those fries while stalking some other woman.  

I think Colt should name the next cat, Colte Gal.

I think there are people who can be stupid and mean spirited.  It's a very ugly combination.  Kinda like a bratty four year old, except four year olds can be smart.  

Does asuelu not realize that mother kalani is going to tell father kalani all about asuelu's little tantrum?  

I noticed that asuelu quieted down and had some of the wind taken out of his sails when mother kalani brought lo up in the conversation.  It's like he kinda remembered that lo wasn't in the car right now, but he'd be around later.  

I just don't even understand how Paul thought that trash can on wheels was going to impress karine.  

Paul always looks so pitiful and dirty.  Yuck. 

Just a little bit of pre-work could have gone such a long way.  He could have taken an Uber there in the morning, cleaned out the car and taken it in for tires, an oil change, a tune up, a carwash and a clip on air freshener.  

I bet that if he had told his mom he wanted reliable transportation so that he, karine and Pierre were safe and he could get back and forth to a job, his mom would have given him the money.  

And yes, the car would have still had some damage, but the whole thing would have looked so much better than having karine and Pierre baking in the heat on the porch like some vagabonds while he cleaned out petrified french fries.  

It all looked so pathetic. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5