Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: She's A Wolf

• Start Topic

Asuelu is man enough to disrespect Kalani in front of her mother, but not man enough to do it in front of her father.  I would have found the nearest shoulder and put him out of my car if I was Kalani's mother. I hope word gets back to her father, so that Asuelu could get the ass whooping he deserves.

• Love 19
On 6/29/2020 at 9:30 AM, RealReality said:

OMG, does she really take his house key away?  That sounds hilarious

She is hard core!   What did he do before that she is so against him being there?  What season was it so I can find the episodes? Thanks in advance!

• Love 2

1.  I SO agree with everyone who said Asuelu needed his lazy sexist ass dropped off in the nearest intersection.  I can't believe he talked down to her in front of her mother, much less at all!   Is her family Samoan as well?  What is Kalani's family's cultural background?

2.  Paul is so icky.  It must have been bad in the other season for momma to take his key! 

3.  I don't like the way Andrei talks about LIbby's family in Romanian when she can't understand and it looks like he turns into a big pig in the next episode.  What a jerk!  

4.  Momma Debbie and Colt-y's trip to Brazil looks like cluster, judging by the preview for the next week.  I so wish Larissa would get deported, but we can't be that lucky.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

1.  I SO agree with everyone who said Asuelu needed his lazy sexist ass dropped off in the nearest intersection.  I can't believe he talked down to her in front of her mother, much less at all!   Is her family Samoan as well?  What is Kalani's family's cultural background?

2.  Paul is so icky.  It must have been bad in the other season for momma to take his key! 

3.  I don't like the way Andrei talks about LIbby's family in Romanian when she can't understand and it looks like he turns into a big pig in the next episode.  What a jerk!  

4.  Momma Debbie and Colt-y's trip to Brazil looks like cluster, judging by the preview for the next week.  I so wish Larissa would get deported, but we can't be that lucky.

Keilani's dad is from Somoa. In their season her dad said he wasn't crazy about her marrying someone from Somoa, because he was concerned they wouldn't treat her right.

• Love 5
(edited)

Am I on the right site?  Why isn’t anyone talking about Angela?  Hope I’m not spoiling anything, but Angela was more concerned about the possibility of not having children instead of having a cancer diagnose.  Are the episodes different in parts of the country? I am in N.Y.   I saw everything said on this thread except Angela.  ???????      O.K. .. I just saw there was a premiere on June 29th.  Why do they do that?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3

Andrei’s family seems very nice.  Too bad he’s not like the rest of them.  He’s too bossy, arrogant and too sure of himself.  It should be interesting when the two families meet.  Fireworks !

• Love 7

Hey Assholeo

Did you pay for the car you are in? The gas? Food?  Oh, just a sample size spoon of yogart?

I would of stopped the car, asked him nicely to get out, slap him across his moronic face and say......Good Luck and Bye.

Kalani needs to get rid of him. She also needs to do something with that oldest kid. All he does his cry. 

• Love 15
On 6/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, politichick said:

And what about the imbecilic Asuelo talking mad smack to Kalini in front of her mother? If I were the mother, I'd have pulled over that car and smacked him in is bitch-ass mouth. Or dropped him off at a bus station.

I wonder if Asuelu sensed he was at risk of being dropped off at a bus station and decided to be proactive. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

I really dislike Andrei. I wonder how proud his parents would be knowing he’s leeching off the in laws he’s so quick to warn them about. And, IIRC, didn’t Libby’s family go all out to welcome Andrei’s father when he came to the US?  Libby’s sisters can be a bit much, but Andrei thinks he’s the shit when he really hasn’t done anything to prove himself as a good partner. 

As for Asuelo, he feels emasculated because Lo is clearly the alpha and he doesn’t have a clue as to how to claim his place as the “man of the house”. It seems as though that’s what he’s been taught, In his culture, is his role in the family. I don’t think he’s ready to be a husband or a father but I think It would be difficult and stressful trying to assimilate into such a tight knit family and a completely different culture. And, although he’s acting like a baby, I don’t think it’s unreasonable that he wants to visit his family. Or that he’s homesick for people who understand him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I can’t believe Asuelu called his wife a “lying bitch” and said he hates the sound of “her annoying voice.” It’s understandable that he is disappointed about not going to Samoa, but I don’t believe Kalani deserved that. 

WTF is Andrei’s problem? The guy seems to seriously despise Libby and her family. I am glad his brother told him he will make up his own mind with regards to Libby’s family. If he dislikes Americans so much, perhaps he shouldn’t have marry one. Lazy ingrate!

• Love 16

Kalani and Asuelu: Hit the road, Jack. They seemed okay on Pillow Talk, with Asuelu being a bit dim, especially on things dealing with the US and culture. I wonder if this was all scripted for drama. His behaviour was awful. A man-child throwing a tantrum because he can't go home and visit his family. Get a job, make some money to buy a plane ticket, and go. He disrespected his wife, her mother, and he is lucky that his kids are too young to understand him. Hop on the bus, go the milk run route to whatever feeder station it goes to, and find a way to walk to Samoa. He was not ready to have kids, doesn't want any part in raising them, criticizes women, and if he is lucky and someone in the family finds him after he gets lost on several buses, that Daddy Kalani won't chop him in to a million pieces. Whether he likes it or not, he is a 24 year old father of two. He's not getting his way, he manipulates to get his way, and his act is crumbling.

Angela and My-kull: His aunt seemed very smart and very nice. It may be an expectation to have kids, but maybe Michael needs to wonder if he really wants them. Otherwise, he is facing finding another wife and letting his American Dream slip away. Angela, you have more pressing things going on in your life than heading off to Nigeria. Your mother is declining rapidly and maybe you should not go to Nigeria until she passes. And a health scare. All the wailing at the doctor's office was unnecessary, although it seemed to be a very large needle. Too much drama. Odd to see her hugging her doctor, but people are different. The wedding dress was not a good fit. Granted, it doesn't hold a purse full of stuff, so maybe that is why. Don't know if she went to a men's shop or a men's consignment shop to buy Michael wedding attire.

Andrei and Libby: Welcome to the crime-ridden and dangerous Moldova! Andrei's family was nice, brought flowers, etc. Plus put on a good spread of food, which is customary for Eastern Europeans. The sudden baptism thing may be very real. I know that having been raised Greek Orthodox, there are channels and permissions to be addressed before marrying anyone from a different religion. No real harm in a baptism, except the Coven may get in to a tizzy. A lot of people aren't super-religious these days, and I don't really see Libby as the weekly church-going type. Just more drama.

Paul and Karine: Karine, life in the US may be worse than Brazil for you. At least you have family there. You are on your own here and have almost no support system. Paul does not have a job, have any real prospects for a job and is not the man he made himself to be. His car is a piece of junk, it is filled with years of junk, and probably needs a Hazmat team to clean it out. It could have housed rats, mice with hanta virus, etc. Also needs new tires. He has no way to get tires til he finds a job. You should have let him go home for six months, to make arrangements for you and your son to come to an actual home, a functioning car, and him having some sort of job to support the three of you.

Colt and Debbie and Larissa and Vanessa and Jess: Larissa, with the backlog already existing, you may be in the US for a longer period of time. Don't know if you called Jess out of genuine concern for her and to warn her about Colt and Debbie's gaslighting or just for some petty revenge. Jess may not have the same issues with Coltee and Debbie. Or, we, as skeptical viewers, think he will repeat his crap but improve it so he doesn't make the mistakes he made with you. You can give her a general warning to keep her eyes open and that is it. She needs to learn her own lessons. Vanessa seems awfully friendly with Colt and Debbie to get a steak dinner. Debbie will probably never allow a woman in to Colt's life unless she has control. It was wrong of Colt to buy Jess a plane ticket and to spend $1000 or so on her already. Same pattern as Larissa. I do wonder what it is about him that so many women find him attractive. He seems to be a mama's boy, has very little to offer in any sort of relationship. Hmmmm.

• Love 13

1. I noticed that Asuelu beat a hasty retreat before father kalani arrived.  Big man asuelu is only comfortable shit-talking to women

2. Where the hell is asuelu going.... asuelu's big adventure!  A dummy in the city!  

3. How wonderful that aseulu can spend their limited resources on a hotel room.  Good for him. 

4. Kalani can miss me with her "I'm a strong woman" routine.  She apparently lets half-witted dimbulb asuelu talk to her any old way without any repercussions. She has to wait until mommy and daddy are around to take up for her.  She is 31 years old, she should be fighting her own battles. 

5. I don't like Vanessa.  I think that just like every other "friend of" on this franchise she is looking for her 15 minutes of fame.  Her sucking up to Debbie is gross.  

6. Debbie stays icky "we don't want you to make another mistake" he is 34, let him make his mistakes.  Even colt recognizes that Debbie interfered in his marriage.  Girl, take up knitting.

7.  Ohhhh, looks like we get full Debbie next week.  Uncensored and raw!  Someone must have swapped her morning booze with iced tea!

8. I know Angela is bad, but gosh, it's hard not to like her when I see her with her little rainbow coalition.  She doesn't show any favoritism and those kids all seem so happy, well spoken and in love with their meemaw.  They could all use a bath, but I imagine they all play outside a lot. 

9.  Next week Paul tells karine they should live in an American shack and karine demands a Lewis tract home.  Fantastic! 

10. Colt is gross for continuing to talk to Vanessa if he said he wouldn't.  If you think it's too big an ask, say no, but I don't think id want to be with a guy who was so afraid of conflict that he always lied.  To me, that's the problem with me like ash and jihoon.  They don't want to have uncomfortable conversations so they just lie. 

Are we ever going to find out where asuelu ended up? 

Ha ha ha, I think aseulu hoped he could take off and everyone would would be so worried that they would forget to tell Lo about how aseulu talked to kalani and her mother in the car.  It is very manipulative.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Vanessa seems awfully friendly with Colt and Debbie to get a steak dinner.

It appears that Debbie approves of Vanessa, maybe because she's NOT Brazilian or in need of a green card? 

I thought it was interesting that one of Larissa's cats was named "Wolfie" then she told Jess that Debbie is a wolf. Did she name the cat to take a potshot at Debbie? 

I don't believe for a minute that Larissa's motive for talking to Jess was to warn her about Colt, she was straight up getting junior high type revenge. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

It appears that Debbie approves of Vanessa, maybe because she's NOT Brazilian or in need of a green card? 

I thought it was interesting that one of Larissa's cats was named "Wolfie" then she told Jess that Debbie is a wolf. Did she name the cat to take a potshot at Debbie? 

I don't believe for a minute that Larissa's motive for talking to Jess was to warn her about Colt, she was straight up getting revenge. 

Debbie shouldn't really get any vote as to who her son has a relationship with/marries. Yes, it's great if they get along. She has had her life and cannot continue to live vicariously through him. She can love him and support him, but he has to live his own life, make his own choices, and learn from them. She probably will never like any woman he has a relationship with unless it is short-term. She comes first.

• Love 3

To add - I was laughing during Angela's scene with the nitrous.  I have the a similar reaction.  

I just start laughing.  And then I make jokes that I think are HILARIOUS, but normally I'm having dental work done so no one understands.  

Last time I had the nitrous, I remember telling my dentist and the dental assistant that they should get married because their children would have great teeth.  I'm pretty sure they were uncomfortable, but I thought it was a fantastic (and hilarious!) idea. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)

Assuelo is a sexist monotone manchild. Kalani could do wayyyyy better than him. Test drive a car first with all safety precautions before you marry and have kids with it. I hope the next expensive words she uses with him is: Bon Voyage back to Samoa.

Pole had dehydrated fries and god knows what else in that heap of junk. Maybe the bones of his last gf? 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don't believe for a minute that Larissa's motive for talking to Jess was to warn her about Colt, she was straight up getting junior high type revenge. 

I think Debbie likes Vanessa because Vanessa "sides" with her.  

I bet Debbie's tone would change the minute Vanessa disagreed with her.  

It wouldn't surprise me if colt had also "loaned" Vanessa some money and Debbie doesn't know about it and doesn't suspect anything because Vanessa so easily has her played. 

PS - it's all pure speculation, I have no idea if colt had loaned or given Vanessa any money.  I just don't like her.  Something about her is wrong, inauthentic and annoying. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kalani and Asuelu: Hit the road, Jack. They seemed okay on Pillow Talk, with Asuelu being a bit dim, especially on things dealing with the US and culture. I wonder if this was all scripted for drama. His behaviour was awful. A man-child throwing a tantrum because he can't go home and visit his family. Get a job, make some money to buy a plane ticket, and go. He disrespected his wife, her mother, and he is lucky that his kids are too young to understand him. Hop on the bus, go the milk run route to whatever feeder station it goes to, and find a way to walk to Samoa. He was not ready to have kids, doesn't want any part in raising them, criticizes women, and if he is lucky and someone in the family finds him after he gets lost on several buses, that Daddy Kalani won't chop him in to a million pieces. Whether he likes it or not, he is a 24 year old father of two. He's not getting his way, he manipulates to get his way, and his act is crumbling.

Angela and My-kull: His aunt seemed very smart and very nice. It may be an expectation to have kids, but maybe Michael needs to wonder if he really wants them. Otherwise, he is facing finding another wife and letting his American Dream slip away. Angela, you have more pressing things going on in your life than heading off to Nigeria. Your mother is declining rapidly and maybe you should not go to Nigeria until she passes. And a health scare. All the wailing at the doctor's office was unnecessary, although it seemed to be a very large needle. Too much drama. Odd to see her hugging her doctor, but people are different. The wedding dress was not a good fit. Granted, it doesn't hold a purse full of stuff, so maybe that is why. Don't know if she went to a men's shop or a men's consignment shop to buy Michael wedding attire.

Andrei and Libby: Welcome to the crime-ridden and dangerous Moldova! Andrei's family was nice, brought flowers, etc. Plus put on a good spread of food, which is customary for Eastern Europeans. The sudden baptism thing may be very real. I know that having been raised Greek Orthodox, there are channels and permissions to be addressed before marrying anyone from a different religion. No real harm in a baptism, except the Coven may get in to a tizzy. A lot of people aren't super-religious these days, and I don't really see Libby as the weekly church-going type. Just more drama.

Paul and Karine: Karine, life in the US may be worse than Brazil for you. At least you have family there. You are on your own here and have almost no support system. Paul does not have a job, have any real prospects for a job and is not the man he made himself to be. His car is a piece of junk, it is filled with years of junk, and probably needs a Hazmat team to clean it out. It could have housed rats, mice with hanta virus, etc. Also needs new tires. He has no way to get tires til he finds a job. You should have let him go home for six months, to make arrangements for you and your son to come to an actual home, a functioning car, and him having some sort of job to support the three of you.

Colt and Debbie and Larissa and Vanessa and Jess: Larissa, with the backlog already existing, you may be in the US for a longer period of time. Don't know if you called Jess out of genuine concern for her and to warn her about Colt and Debbie's gaslighting or just for some petty revenge. Jess may not have the same issues with Coltee and Debbie. Or, we, as skeptical viewers, think he will repeat his crap but improve it so he doesn't make the mistakes he made with you. You can give her a general warning to keep her eyes open and that is it. She needs to learn her own lessons. Vanessa seems awfully friendly with Colt and Debbie to get a steak dinner. Debbie will probably never allow a woman in to Colt's life unless she has control. It was wrong of Colt to buy Jess a plane ticket and to spend $1000 or so on her already. Same pattern as Larissa. I do wonder what it is about him that so many women find him attractive. He seems to be a mama's boy, has very little to offer in any sort of relationship. Hmmmm.

Q: What do these women see in colt? 

A: A visa 

I think Vanessa is looking for her fifteen minutes.  Maybe she is hoping to get on pillow talk.  I don't like her, but I don't watch pillow talk either so maybe she'd be a good fit. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, spunky said:

Asuelu is man enough to disrespect Kalani in front of her mother, but not man enough to do it in front of her father.  I would have found the nearest shoulder and put him out of my car if I was Kalani's mother. I hope word gets back to her father, so that Asuelu could get the ass whooping he deserves.

So much this.  

He's got a lotta shit to talk to kalani and her mother, but he shut up quick when asked if he would talk that way to them in front of Lo. 

LOL, kalani's sister is ecstatic in next week's previews when Lo starts getting annoyed. 

• Love 8

Mother Debbie already discouraging Colt. Elsewhere I read that Coltee's "friend" Vanessa has no problems with Debbie, but in the previews Deb is freaking out about that yucky kissing display and whinging hysterically about how Colt and Jess will put her away. Obviously, she remembers how effective that number was on Colt when he was with Larissa, but yeesh, this is just a visit, for crying out loud. She's really pulling out all the guilt manipulation stops a bit prematurely.

I may never get over how terrible Larissa's lips look now. She looks like a duck-billed platypus.

Used to like Asuelu, but his pouty, childish attitude is making him unlikable. He works part time and spends his time off playing ball. Yet, Kalani gets no help with two very young children because it's "easy?" Running off without saying where he's going and not showing up for his son's birthday is immature, to say the least.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me any place Karine lived, whether Paul was there or not, was always very messy, so not sure why all of a sudden she's so discriminating about the car. Not to excuse the ridiculous automotive mess, however.

What's wrong with that real estate agent that she's showing a house someone is using as a trash dump "as is?" Sure, it's the owner's responsibility to clean it up, but I'd just pass, I think. The commission on something in such bad shape can't be much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Who paid Asuelo’s bus fare?  And accompanying expenses?   Kalani’s debit card, that’s who.  I hate him soooo mahch (tm Zied) 

Mother Debbie going to Brazil is tv gold.  I can’t wait.  

Pole throwing the 2 year old French fries into the yard.  How is this normal?  He has a problem and it’s hard to watch.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 12

I have a soft spot for cutie Eleanor, reminded me of traveling with my little girl.

28 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I know Angela is bad, but gosh, it's hard not to like her when I see her with her little rainbow coalition.  She doesn't show any favoritism and those kids all seem so happy, well spoken and in love with their meemaw.

Her grandkids seem to really love her. I think Angela is more bark than bite (except when she is throwing food). Her poor mother, I noticed tonight how much Angela looks like her.

Asuelu Aslowu I have been giving the side eye to since the Tell All when he was hitting his head. He would be better off moving back to Samoa because the little boys don't need all that fighting and he is never going to be a real helpmate. The D couldn't have been that good. I can't imagine being attracted to somebody so child like.

Colt is never going to be faithful. He seems to always have been a nerd so when he gets attention from women he can't help himself. Debbie seems to be playing up to the camera and enjoying being on tv.

12 minutes ago, renatae said:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me any place Karine lived, whether Paul was there or not, was always very messy, so not sure why all of a sudden she's so discriminating about the car.

I was going to say the same thing, that Karine wasn't much better because she lived in a total mess and it wasn't because she was poor, it was because she was a slob. Karine should have seen long ago Paul wasn't going to be able to help her much but at least she got to the U.S.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, suzywallis said:

She is hard core!   What did he do before that she is so against him being there?  What season was it so I can find the episodes? Thanks in advance!

We don't really know what happened to make his mom so hardcore, but context clues say he's taken advantage of his parents over and over. He burned down a house for the insurance money and there were some stalking charges against him. He can't keep a job. He's also shown some really disturbing and manipulative (expensive word) behavior.

Ex: when he told Karine about his record he didn't even give her time to react. He immediately ran off and when Karine found him he was threatening to throw himself into what looked like raw sewage. The whole time he's muttering, "Please don't make me do it..." Karine walked away from him but on her way out she was robbed by a guy waving a machete. He stole her phone so that Jihoon could sell it. (Just kidding about that part but he did have a machete.) It's all on camera.

Any time they argued he'd get in her face and start hollering, "You want a divorce? I'll give you a divorce!" ,(Karine never mentioned divorce.) 

During another argument he ran out of the house, locked himself in a chicken coop, and started muttering about counting and breathing while he rocked back and forth.

He's been very emotionally manipulative (expensive word) to Karine and his mom. He's also gotten on SM and said some terrible things about his wife.

You should go back and watch the machete scene and his meltdown at the airport. 

My guess is that his parents have financed his whole life and they're sick of it. I think he has some severe mental health issues, or maybe an outright personality disorder, and his mother is aware of it and is trying to get ahead of him. Something is really wrong. Even the other cast members tiptoe around him. I worry about Karine.

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I think Debbie likes Vanessa because Vanessa "sides" with her.  

Vanessa sides with Debbie because she has no interest whatsoever in Colt. Colt said he slept with Vanessa, so yes, he probably has given her money. He seems to only be interested in transactional relationships. I think he liked having that leverage over people.

The previews of Colt's mom in Brazil make her appear just as bratty and attention seeking as Larissa! They are like the same person.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

Keilani's dad is from Somoa. In their season her dad said he wasn't crazy about her marrying someone from Somoa, because he was concerned they wouldn't treat her right.

And didn't he also say something about guys from Samoa being lazy or otherwise inclined not to work to support their families?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

. All the wailing at the doctor's office was unnecessary, although it seemed to be a very large needle. Too much drama

The doctor said she had not inserted the needle far enough to even reach the cervix when Angela was wailing! Definitely a drama queen! Good thing there was nitrous oxide around. Even the doctor said she'd never had anyone react to the extreme Angela did.

I re-watched the preview and I was mistaken about what was going on with Debbie. Apparently she was feeling ill, so when she went off on Jess she was saying she needed to rest for a few minutes or they'd wind up taking her to the hospital.

Jess also said, "So far, Debbie is terrible." Thanks for not disappointing us, Deb. Mama drama!

Paul definitely has problems, but Karine is awfully quick to voice high expectations and tell him he's not a good husband. The place they saw was a wreck, but her living conditions in Brazil were nothing to write home about. She wants a "beautiful house" or she is going home. Paul is at least trying. I agree with the poster above that he has issues of whatever type, but he may be doing his absolute best.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I bet Debbie's tone would change the minute Vanessa disagreed with her. 

Or if Colt and Vanessa actually started a deeper relationship.

• Love 2

My dad is learning Portuguese and lately he's been adding the Larissa ee to all his words and I find it hilarious.

I don't understand why Pole brought Karine to the US.  Didn't they already try him here to establish things for them and he failed miserably?  Why make it worse by dragging her along this time?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I'm torn on Grangela.  I hate that she thinks it's OK to turn physical in a fight.  That's never right.  But, unlike Baby Girl Lisa, she seems to understand joy and respect.  

• Love 16
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

So much this.  

He's got a lotta shit to talk to kalani and her mother, but he shut up quick when asked if he would talk that way to them in front of Lo. 

LOL, kalani's sister is ecstatic in next week's previews when Lo starts getting annoyed. 

I'm all for Lo putting that man child in his place. Kalani needs to divorce that fool and raise her children. At this point she's already a single mother of 3.

• Love 10

I have to throw my two cents in about Angela.

Say what you will (including myself) but she's a good grandmother and a good daughter.  She's obviously the primary caregiver for everyone in that house, and everyone appears happy.  I wish my mom would have let me do that for her.

I'm getting that same endometrial biopsy in two weeks.  Everything I've read says that it'll hurt like hell.  Anytime your cervix is dilated, it's going to be extremely painful, let alone someone snipping a sample.  I imagine it's a torture procedure that a man came up with because they can't imagine how painful this would be.  Didn't Robert on Pillow Talk compare having a baby with being constipated??  I'm scared to death but all I can do is put on my big girl panties and get 'er done.

• Love 15

Soooo....Asuelo has limited capacity.  Eating fruit that he has picked from trees is one of the most natural and best skills he has. But. Unpopular opinion. KALANI PICKED HIM! And sucked him into a mess of a family. I would run too.  I am a little on his side that he is fed up with the Family Kalani dysfunctional bullshit THEY are all afraid of Lo. Lo is a terrifying blowhard who has used control, threats and domination to steer his family since the beginning of time. I hate the whole fundie bullshit vibe I get from Family Kalani. Sorry not sorry. 

Asuelo was in the back seat being well, Asuelo, and Kalani went at him, flipped him off in his face while he was at a disadvantage with the language and his limitations. He has had enough.  She is no prize in the backseat with no seatbelt, sideways carseat and traveling with sick kids. Family Kalini is a mess too. 

They don't belong together. Asuelo can be a better father divorced and getting better support. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

If Andreiiii is all about traditional roles for husbands and wives then why doesn't he get a job and let Libby stay home with the baby?  Does he not know the sword cuts two ways?

Pole is unprepared to clean out his car is a metaphor for his life, his mother is practicing tough love and while it is a good thing, it should have started years ago.  So now it seems that the tax payers of KY will be hosting that spasm named Pole, Karine and Pe-airee because Pole cannot get it together to get a job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Chloe Dog said:

I have to throw my two cents in about Angela.

Say what you will (including myself) but she's a good grandmother and a good daughter.  She's obviously the primary caregiver for everyone in that house, and everyone appears happy.  I wish my mom would have let me do that for her.

I'm getting that same endometrial biopsy in two weeks.  Everything I've read says that it'll hurt like hell.  Anytime your cervix is dilated, it's going to be extremely painful, let alone someone snipping a sample.  I imagine it's a torture procedure that a man came up with because they can't imagine how painful this would be.  Didn't Robert on Pillow Talk compare having a baby with being constipated??  I'm scared to death but all I can do is put on my big girl panties and get 'er done.

Okay, here’s the thing...

Yes, it hurts like hell.  (Or mine did, anyway.)  But it was like two long (Okay, not really long...like 30 seconds), sharp, low in the belly labor pains.  It might make your eyes water, you might cry out a bit, and there’s definitely no darling little baby in your arms when it’s all said and done, but it’s not quite medieval torture.  Not quite.  😳

When my first was born, I had told my (ESL) doctor that I wanted a natural childbirth.  I can only assume that she took me quite literally, as in zero medication at all, because the witch didn’t numb me for an episiotomy or the stitching up that followed.  That’s a pain I haven’t forgotten, 42 years later.  The endometrial biopsy wasn’t even a measurable fraction of that level of pain.

I wouldn’t wish that first ob/gyn of mine on my worst enemy, but I looked her up online recently and she just retired after a long and assumed trouble-free career.  I should have sued her ass off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

If I were the mom driving in that Asshoolio scene, my fist would have been flying back there to clock him in the sullen jaw without moving my eyes from the road. No pulling over to the side, no warnings about his father in law, I would have checked him with a quickness.

I don’t know why Paul randomly tossing those fries over the fence into the neighbor’s yard enraged me so much. He’s trash, and I’m sure that’s not the first thing they’ve had to deal with. Loved him repeatedly shouting he needs a trash bag as the camera panned to the trash cans sitting right there.

I like Michael, can’t stand Angela and her antics, but dang it if she isn’t a really good grandma. Those kids adore her, and she definitely has a house-full at all times. Her walking in to Pimp-Suits-R-Us with her struggling tank straps stretched as a wallet and smokes tote just killed me. If her best friend was a good friend, she’d buy her some large shirts. 

I think drunk Debbie is worried she’s going to lose her meal ticket. She knows her outbursts have worked to control Colt his whole life, she’s not about to change. 

• Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe Asuelu called his wife a “lying bitch” and said he hates the sound of “her annoying voice.” It’s understandable that he is disappointed about not going to Samoa, but I don’t believe Kalani deserved that. 

I can't stand Asuelu, if he wants to go back to Samoa, then go the hell back.    

I can't stand Larissa.  I can't take anything she says seriously because she looks like The Joker.

I loved seeing Angela and her grandchildren.  Angela can be VERY extra, but those kids really seem to love her.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I can't stand Asuelu, if he wants to go back to Samoa, then go the hell back.    

I can't stand Larissa.  I can't take anything she says seriously because she looks like The Joker.

I loved seeing Angela and her grandchildren.  Angela can be VERY extra, but those kids really seem to love her.

I wanted to hate Angela but as a Afro boricua, I noticed how well cared for the hair of her biracial grandkids are. My mom always made the effort to learn how to care for our hair and my daughter’s hair. Good thing because hair is not my forte. That touched my soul. And as some one said she didn’t play faves. Damn u TLC for giving me a soft spot for that buffoon. 

• Love 23
7 hours ago, renatae said:

And didn't he also say something about guys from Samoa being lazy or otherwise inclined not to work to support their families?

I think he said something along those lines. I know he was not happy with the way women are treated there by the men. A lot of misogyny in this season 

• Love 2
On 7/1/2020 at 5:21 AM, KateHearts said:

I thought that nowadays, toddlers face to the rear in a carseat until at least 3-4 years old?

I seriously thought you were making a joke about Assholo. He is a toddler that should be in a rear facing car seat. And he should probably wear a bike helmet...at all times.

• LOL 16
(edited)
  • Remember when Pole was a manic germaphobe and Kariney was a pretty young thing in a sundress? How times change.
  • They talk about going to Brazil and next episode they’re in Brazil?  Must be nice to be a reality star. Things get done pronto when TLC foots the bill.
  • The Samoan that took up his suitcase and stomped off in a hissy snit only to board the local bus was kind of funny. 
  • Larissa has destroyed her looks. She’s actually starting to look like Ansuelu in make up.
  • Please... TLC, no more Big Ange goes to the gynaecologist footage. It’s worse than the 600 pounder takes a shower scenes.
  • Andrrrrrei is insufferable. He has to be adopted surely? 
  • The Moldovan food spread seemed way more appetizing than Debbie’s steak and plastic potato offering. But then I’m a vegetarian (livestock factories are cruel and barbaric)

•  
Edited by Pondlass1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, IllLitShips said:

I think he said something along those lines. I know he was not happy with the way women are treated there by the men. A lot of misogyny in this season 

Kalani's dad said he wanted his daughters to marry white men.  I remember that.

Where did Auselu go when he got on that bus?

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Where did Auselu go when he got on that bus?

Not only do we not have a clue, neither does Asuelu.  I'm not sure he even understands that there are no buses to Samwah.

Edited by AZChristian
Typo
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
(edited)

For fuck's sake, TLC, we've been subjected to Colt making out complete with stomach-churning sound effects, Colt dancing, and now Asuelo eating an unripened orange and spitting out pieces with all the finesse of a zoo exhibit.  My stroke-addled brain can only deal with so much visual horror.  This season already has me up to almost maximum capacity.  

And good old Asuelo, in the throes of his tantrum, packing all his shit and taking off to catch the city bus.  Kind of like a prepubescent teen running away from home because he was denied an extra hour of playing video games.  Oh wait...

I hope that bus swallows him up like the shark in Jaws and he's never seen or heard from again.  

As for this story line being scripted?  

Nah, not a chance that simpleton could ever comprehend the workings of a story arc much less actually memorize lines.  

The way he was talking in such a quiet voice when he called Kalani a "lying bitch" as if no one would hear him or the mic wouldn't pick it up told me a whole lot about the Village Idiot...mean, nasty, immature, and a total dolt.  

Maybe TLC can give us a spin-off with Asuelo, lacking in the mental capacity to understand how the public bus system works, so he just stays on board and travels aimlessly from block to block over and over again for all of eternity.  

(That being said, I have less than zero sympathy for Kalani...she not only bred with this imbecile, she then chose to breed with him again and marry him.  What the fresh hell did she expect?  A stupid woman who made a series of stupid decisions.  Ugh.)

ETA:  Did anyone else have "The Wheels on the Bus" running through their minds as Asuelo boarded that bus?  Just me?  Okay.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

Okay, here’s the thing...

Yes, it hurts like hell.  (Or mine did, anyway.)  But it was like two long (Okay, not really long...like 30 seconds), sharp, low in the belly labor pains.  It might make your eyes water, you might cry out a bit, and there’s definitely no darling little baby in your arms when it’s all said and done, but it’s not quite medieval torture.  Not quite.  😳

Thank you for this!  I think I've envisioned some sort of dominatrix/leather strap situation!😃

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

That being said, I have less than zero sympathy for Kalani...she not only bred with this imbecile, she then chose to breed with him again and marry him.  What the fresh hell did she expect?  A stupid woman who made a series of stupid decisions.  Ugh.)

To me Kalani is just as dim as Asuelu.  She didn't need to marry the fool and she SURE didn't need to get pregnant a second time by him.

Kalani is suffering from "IThoughtHeWasGonnaChange-itus."

• Useful 1
  • Love 13