Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E24: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The reunion comes to an exhilarating close as Stassi explains the reasoning behind her embarrassing "bridezilla" behavior, Scheana and Brett argue over their infamous sexy music video, Lisa passes judgment on Max and Danica’s feud, and James discusses having to apologize to Randall after years of viciously mocking him. Finally, Jax and Brittany lash out at Andy Cohen and anyone who holds Jax accountable for his behavior.

Airs June 16, 2020.

• LOL 4
On 6/15/2020 at 12:24 AM, OnceSane said:

Finally, Jax and Brittany lash out at Andy Cohen and anyone who holds Jax accountable for his behavior.

Good - now he can fire them both.  And it will be nice to see Brittany drop that ‘nice girl’ facade that’s fooling nobody.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, worleybird said:

The series finale, perhaps??

I"m not sure this is the correct thread but I do not believe the show will come back as we know it.  I'm not on social media but I do not believe we've heard from anybody else over the firings but we've heard Jax and Brit have had some fall-out as well.  

You know LVP abandoning Stassi is major; I'm sure the others are laying low and quaking in their boots.  Lisa will save Lisa so the Toms are probably okay but in a different format.  The title Vanderpump Rules is out so it will be interesting to see what they come up with as the new title of the re-vamped show.  Heh, Re-Vamp Rules?   Sometimes I make myself laugh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Watching this feels like it’s 2005 and I’m watching a pre-9/11 movie where people are just allowed to accompany each other to airport terminals and stuff, but I guess I feel compelled to comment, because it’s like the bottom of the ninth in a double header.  

What’s sexier, a penis bulge or a ring bulge?  Neither!  The word “bulge” alone makes me want to ralph.

Andy asks why Lisa employs Danica as a manager, because she would never hire anyone if they weren’t good, and Lisa says Danica is too black and white and she spreads rumors, and she’s just a floor manager.  Way to answer a question about what is good about this person.  Way to lift someone up.  Why can’t she just say Danica makes good TV, even though that is arguable?  Lisa is such a cruel and dishonest woman.  

I had no idea this stupid After Show was, to re-visit a metaphor, going to be on the final.  I don’t watch After Shows, I didn’t watch Brittany and Jax Take Kentucky, I don’t follow them on social media because I’m not on social media, and I’m mad enough at myself that I watch this show, so I fucking hate it when they bring things that weren’t on the show onto the reunion.

It’s a completely different story when something organic makes its way onto the reunion like a piece of gossip that cast members had held in confidence and they lose their shit on their cast member at the reunion and Gizelle of Real Housewives of Potomac reveals that the married Karen has a boyfriend they all know called “Blue Eyes.”  It’s another thing to have to cross-reference three shows and two forms of social media in order to understand what’s going on and it’s exhausting and I resent it.  

Jax and Brittany are such assholes about their dogs, like they’re the only ones who have dogs.  May they never procreate.  

I never need to see Scheana’s ass jiggle again.  There was something obscene about that the way that a woman in a thong or a woman getting a normal ass slap wouldn’t creep me out.  The fact that she went out of her way to get that onto film so she could market herself around it renders me speechless.  The next thing Scheana should do with her time and money is get voice lessons for her speaking voice, which currently sounds like Kermit the Frog on hormones, and stop touching her damned weave.    

I wish we got more Charli vs Brett stuff.  “Write about it in your diary” was just the tip of the hilarious iceberg.  Didn’t she give him shit about wearing flannel on their date in an honest, rude and funny way that Stassi wishes she could do?

Lisa doesn’t feel like we can “minimize depression.“  Then why didn’t she, as executive producer, include it in more than two scenes over the course of 994 episodes?  Lisa just loves to speak in platitudes that mean absolutely nothing and it makes her feel so good about herself, as one who is colossally self-involved will do.   

Wow, Ariana losing her shit and screaming “garbage” 55 times because the attention was on Jax and time was running out was...rough.  I actually agreed with Lisa that she needed to shut it.  It was really immature, and something I’d expect out of James or Jax, which is about the lowest thing I can say about a person.  Ariana is so starved for attention in an underhanded way (as @fozzybear posted about at length earlier in the season) and she’s usually good at keeping it under wraps, but once it surfaces, it’s as ugly as anyone else’s dysfunction on the cast.  

• Love 13

Any die-hard fans remember Kristina Kelly?  She’s been on every season since season two, even just popping up for a housewarming party last season, and this was the first season she wasn’t on at all and I was a little sad.  I like knowing what she’s up to.  

I can’t believe Andy let Jax skate on the beach clean-up.  It wasn’t a question of Jax not going to the beach clean-up; it was the fact that he tried to sabotage it like a man on a mission.  

Ariana didn’t seem sober this installation.  I remember when she didn’t get drunk all the time.  I remember it was only last season that Ariana got drunk in Mexico and since it was so rare, it was funny and cute and Sandoval threatened to “call the cute police.”  It’s not cool anymore. 

Wow, Randall paid for Jax’s therapy session and Jax didn’t show up?  That’s such a fuck you, especially when he compared his mental illness at the finale to a handicap.  You can’t really justify failing to show up to therapy for which someone else footed the bill.  Brittany shouldn’t have even gone near that one.  

Andy telling Jax what time it was actually seemed right to me.  Usually I don’t like a host losing his objectivity (or never having it in the first place), but Andy really just told Jax in a can’t be bothered way that he’s an asshole and it seemed fitting. 

I didn’t like the turn that the reunion took when Andy asked Dayna about the psychic and it was suddenly an episode of Dr. Phil.  That was weird.  This show is so dirty that it doesn’t seem like a good place to talk about the death of a loved one.  

I was so satisfied that Andy brought up the fact that Scheana mixed Stassi’s and Lala’s words and Ariana’s “Regina George” reaction to it.  Of course, though, Ariana, whose BAL was rapidly approaching .3% didn’t take issue with Lala and her comments about Ariana’s home about which she was so sensitive all fucking season.  She just guffawed and “pivoted it” to Lala.  I can’t stand Stassi, but she took that one like a champ.  

No one on this show takes responsibility for anything, and Stassi owning that she is Regina George and she did have bad credit was amazing.  I feel like this show would be 1/3 as long if anyone could just own their shit like that more than once a season. 

Oh my God, taking time from the reunion to show a “live” group text.  Who would possibly suggest this show should be cancelled?

I have to agree with Stassi (and Beau—I need to be doused in holy water) again.  Max had fucked five girls (that Dayna knew of) by the time she got together with Brett, and Max broke up with Dayna (or at least refused to date her again), so neither Brett nor Dayna did anything wrong by hooking up.  Guys don’t get to say which women are off-limits, like this is the feudal age.

As stupid as Danica is, she really seems to get under Lisa’s skin more than anyone else, so I hope she sticks around in some capacity, taking Kristen’s place as the thorn in Lisa’s side.  

I was reminded again that Randall seems like a halfway decent person for the mature way he dealt with James.  

Oh, when the coronavirus is over, Lisa demands that everyone “make a fucking effort” as if the world revolves around her.  When is Lisa going to make an effort to be a less heinous person?

Brock looks like his parents are first cousins.  Not sure that family tree splits.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

It's about time Jax & Brittany get the ax too.  They're just heinous and not even cute about it anymore.  I think the only thing holding up the ax is Brittany's Mother's health.  Have we heard any more about it anywhere?  Wonder what kind of surgery she went under that ended up putting her on a vent in ICU?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'm officially renaming the tuque I've been knitting for the past nine months (I lost motivation when it came time to attach a second ball of yarn - I basically turned into Katie and was too lazy to get up and get the second ball and spit splice it together) and that has sat as a pretty objet d'art in its maple wood yarn bowl on my entertainment center since then from The Tuque of Doom to Jax Taylor, for it shall forever be a WIP and never a FO. Which is kinda sad because it's a pretty lavender colour and is a nice alpaca/merino blend. 💟✝️🙏

Edited by Callaphera
forgot to give it that Jax Taylor emoji flair.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

It's about time Jax & Brittany get the ax too.  They're just heinous and not even cute about it anymore.  I think the only thing holding up the ax is Brittany's Mother's health.  Have we heard any more about it anywhere?  Wonder what kind of surgery she went under that ended up putting her on a vent in ICU?

It was some kind of bladder surgery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Nice try Vanderpump - no one thought Danica was implying that you and Brett were having an affair; we all know that she was implying that you're too old for dirty talk with your young male staff.  Which you are.  Paying Schwartz a bonus to rhapsodize about you a few times this season didn't fool any of us.

Also LOLd when she told them they would all come out of this with better relationships for all!  "Except for the 4 of you who are fired!" I added in my living room, cracking myself up. 😄 

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
Just now, Callaphera said:

Get some racist bitches fired? Oh wait, Faith already did that. Guess she can tick that one off the bucket list.

She needs to keep going. Get everyone fired.

How did Max Vanderpump escape? Didn’t he dump her? Maybe she can get Lisa to return him to the orphanage.

I hear that makes you really popular on Bravo.

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Get everyone fired.

From your post to Bravo's ears. I'm sure Jax and Brittany are beginning to feel the heat under their feet. I bet Jax's mom calls to beg for his job back just like Stassi's mom did. Well... maybe not. 

How embarrassing to be an adult, pregnant, and needing your mommy to call your bosses to ask for your job back. The popcorn is plentiful and it's dusted with schadenfreude and that just happens to be my favourite flavour. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

The best ending would have been to watch Scheana's boyfriend crush a beer can, ha ha. He's a bit of a brute. 

Not sure how I feel about this show. I think it needs fresh air, but if these new ones are any indication of the talent out there, I'm probably going to stop watching. I think if Dayna sticks around, they will pair her up with Katie for the show friendships.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

Seriously ... to all the females on here ... what is the attraction to max .... is being a feminine male attractive.... he looks like a popsicle stick with ears ... I don’t get it 

I’m female and don’t get it either.  He looks like a cartoon character, but a really low energy one.  Like Quagmire and Eeyore had a baby.  Plus he always has this weird expression on his face like he’s about to poop his pants, or he already pooped his pants.  Very much the opposite of sexy.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
(edited)

On another thread I said that Max probably gets off on playing with people’s heads - imo that’s how he gets women interested in him.

He “love bombs” them to pull them in - then plays distant and hard to get, frustrating them and also making them more invested as they try to get back to that initial stage.

Tried and true tactics in the narcissist manual. (LVP used them on the women of rhobh.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

And it was gross watching Jax tell Britanny, “Don’t contradict me.” Yikes. 

“...in front of these people.” Hope he doesn’t take out his hurt ego on her in private.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Maybe they can have a show only starring Faith.

Yea, they could stage it in a nursing home and watch how many guys Faith could sneak in and screw while the old folks played bingo.  It could be called Insulin PUMP, keeping with the theme of the show.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Maybe they can have a show only starring Faith.

well, she slept with jack in the presence of an elderly woman.....so regardless of the treatment she received, I'd have to pass on that show.  she has had her revenge. 

we depended on wonderful caregivers to keep my grandmother comfortable in her home as long as possible (she refused to live with any of us), if any of them had done that....I would be so horrified. 

...and that only adds to the deep layers of Jax disgustingness. nothing sexy or hot about sex in the home of a helpless elderly woman.  he is a horrible troll that should have been fired last year,  but he brings ratings. his poor mom.

Edited by 2dogmom
  • Love 11

I think it is the consensus that they should fire all of the people that made this show a hit. Why keep them on? 

They should concentrate on Faith and Faith alone.

I would rename it “Festivus Rules” and have every episode a non-stop “Airing of Grievances.” 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Aside from The Tom’s, Scheana and the new folks/James, none of these worthless skeezes were still working at Lisa’s restaurants anyway(Jax was literally only “working” there on camera), so I don’t know why they’ve been allowed to stay a part of this overinflated cast for so long.

Kristen definitely overstayed her welcome, and Stassi was an equally pointless part of the cast after she left. I’m positive that LaLa would’ve been gone years ago had she not involved the main cast with sugar daddy Randall and her BJ’s for PJ’s lifestyle. 

This show needs to axe these guys from the main cast the moment they voluntarily quit working at SUR/Pump. None of us are interested in seeing able-bodied young women like Brittany, Katie and Arianna trying to justify onscreen why they’ve suddenly decided that they’re “too busy” to work at either place (aka Instagram Influencer payouts/Appearance fees/filming paychecks/book advances/podcast sponsorships are enough).

I don’t know why the producers feel that Jax/Brittany still even need to be on the cast at this point, firing or not. No one on the cast or even most viewers like either of them anymore and their smugness is off the charts. They’ve proven to have some debatably prejudiced beliefs that don’t vibe with their setting. Jax might have some chuckle-worthy moments here and there, but he’s not some underdog or likable dude you root for anyway; not to mention he’s too old and stuck in his new married Valley dude lifestyle to even be socializing with the rest of this main cast at this point. 

• Love 12
(edited)
15 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

Seriously ... to all the females on here ... what is the attraction to max .... is being a feminine male attractive.... he looks like a popsicle stick with ears ... I don’t get it 

Riiight??!! I seriously don’t get it at all. At all! I’m baffled by it. I’m not one to bash on looks, because he is conventionally attractive enough... except for... well everything... once you notice him for more than a glance. He has a body like a skinny young teen with very thin weak arms. Fine, he is not a muscle head; however, his body looks teen-like... scrawny... not like a late 20’s man. His clothes are bizarre, which given this show and the reunion is not easy to do! He was wearing a purple blazer!! And his hair is like late 1980’s Jordan Knight NKOTB. Both he and Dayna looked like they were invited to a 1989 party. Sooo bizarre. If he had a really cool personality, I could see that maybe he is really cool and has a unique confidence to pull off wearing weird clothes, but he doesn’t!! He is a petty whiny bitch who has sex with everyone and could not deal when Dayna saw him for who he is. He is really rejection sensitive and was so hurt when she moved on, yet he slept with 7 girls and blew them off to tell Dayna he had feelings. He is a the kind of guy that makes women crazy in how he lies, minimizes, and dismisses, yet he is not even cute or cool, so I don’t get why they like him to start with either!!  Unless, it is because he is very sweet, coming on strong in the beginning with a full court press on how great you are and how you uniquely connect and when you start to consider him, he then pulls it away. 

10 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m female and don’t get it either.  He looks like a cartoon character, but a really low energy one.  Like Quagmire and Eeyore had a baby.  Plus he always has this weird expression on his face like he’s about to poop his pants, or he already pooped his pants.  Very much the opposite of sexy.

He looks skinny and he whines poor me when called on any of his bs and shitty behaviors. He turns in to a victim. Seriously so not sexy or masculine energy at all. I don’t weigh much and I feel like there is no way that he could pick me up to carry me out of a burning building. I feel like I would need to carry him, which is very much the opposite of sexy. 

7 hours ago, nexxie said:

On another thread I said that Max probably gets off on playing with people’s heads - imo that’s how he gets women interested in him.

He “love bombs” them to pull them in - then plays distant and hard to get, frustrating them and also making them more invested as they try to get back to that initial stage.

Tried and true tactics in the narcissist manual. (LVP used them on the women of rhobh.)

Yesssss!! It is a classic pick-up-artist trick and I suspect there are many male coaches on YouTube teaching this as there appear to be a increasingly greater amounts of this “behavior type” in the world. It has to do with his psychological games because it makes zero sense that so many of these girls fall hard for him and he never even gave them a commitment and treated them as a “good friend” and an “option” and did not care to drop them quickly when they start to have feelings. He accidentally somehow ended up with his penis in Scheana’s mouth on their platonic weekend??? He is a dismissive avoidant and he can trigger unhealed attachment wounds in women, especially those who had an avoidant male father-figure. Unconsciously, the behavior can seem familiar and recognized as what “male love” is because that is their primal experience from male figure (I.e., inconsistency) they have experienced in early life and it triggers a huge desire to be seen and loved and get security and it is exactly the opposite of what he offers. He offers insecurity. It probably stems from his own attachment wounds in how he is fearful so ambivalent-attachment. No matter why he behaves as he does, it is dangerous for the hearts of others who get involved with him. He will make you appear to be overreacting and say good things to you and downplay you to others. Happy that both Scheana and Dayna moved on. He seemed to mess with Dayna’s head and yes, she is an adult, but she didn’t deserve his post-break-up vitriol. You either care or you don’t, Max, and you have shown how fragile your ego and sense of self is that you can’t handle someone seeing the truth. 

He looks strangely small next to Dayna and Scheana. In LA, the looks capital of the world, Max is sleeping with several hot girls at a time who want to date him. It makes No. Sense. Except that he creates an unstable, undefined connection that creates an anxious attachment and thus, women are looking for clarity and definition because his words and actions don’t align (and they don’t want to look stupid on TV... so want to know what is up). Then when he dismisses at first sign of discomfort or the wind blows, it can trigger a real rejection wound for others (if this was already a wound for them) because of how he handled it. It is a narcissistic manipulation and it is the worst energy to be in any relationship with. He also seems to use his position of authority at a cool popular place and his access to entry or employment as currency to get girls and manipulate them because they have to still be around him and also to prey on girls at TomTom who want to be seen as cool. The sad thing is that he truly thinks he is a nice guy and continues to have that reputation (not anymore due to his old tweets and being shown for who he is this whole season!) as a good guy who also does well with ladies. When his pattern is so much more insidious and calculated and intentional! Ick. Bye Max. He is the definition of a f-boy packaged as a good guy in a purple blazer with shoulder pads. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I can't believe I'm saying this but I like Randall.  He's nothing like I expected.  The way he graciously accepted James apology really impressed me. 

It WAS gracious--and tactful, considering that Randall is much older and possibly considers James' previous outbursts like he would those of a little kid having a tantrum (ie, annoying in the moment but of no real consequence to his life).

• Love 14
(edited)

I wish they also did a montage of Jax acting like a jerk at work.  Behind the bar he was refusing to do things he felt beneath him,  he was drinking on the clock.  He acted like a douche at the group photo shoot,  refusing to wear the right shirt.  He thinks he runs Sur and this show.  His ass needs to be checked,  and only being fired will do it. He's had way more chances than James even,  and he's just getting worse. No personal improvement at all. 

Oh , and Randall has unfollowed him,  that's a cyber break up. 

Edited by ihartcoffee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

It WAS gracious--and tactful, considering that Randall is much older and possibly considers James' previous outbursts like he would those of a little kid having a tantrum (ie, annoying in the moment but of no real consequence to his life).

Meh. Every time I find myself having the warm and fuzzies for something Randall does, I remind myself that he basically Weinstein'd Lala (although she was into it, it's still gross to me) and he thought the arresting prank was super duper funny. 

• Love 3

In almost every work of art the protagonist was a jerk. Sometimes he is redeemed. Sometimes he is not. Think Hamlet or Ulysses. 

Jax and Stassi were the male and female protagonists of this work of fiction. Stassi has been discarded. If they discard Jax they don’t really have a show anymore. The rest of the group are really bit players whose relevance is measured by their relationship with the protagonists. 

So they should close up shop and leave the money on the table. Because that’s what businesses do.

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Oh , and Randall has unfollowed him,  that's a cyber break up. 

Well, that's interesting.  Wonder what prompted that, since they were all buddy/buddy at the wedding and were going to get a PJ ride to a vacation of their choice, weren't they?  Looks like his other claim to fame, Lance Bass, has also cut him loose as a business partner.  Wonder if it's over the session that he paid for that Mr. "I'm a Work in Progress" didn't show up for.  And I'm going to assume Rand paid for a GOOD therapist, that was probably charging $500 an hour (or was the amount mentioned).

Jax is burning so many bridges that he should change his name to River Kwai.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Well, that's interesting.  Wonder what prompted that, since they were all buddy/buddy at the wedding and were going to get a PJ ride to a vacation of their choice, weren't they?  Looks like his other claim to fame, Lance Bass, has also cut him loose as a business partner.  Wonder if it's over the session that he paid for that Mr. "I'm a Work in Progress" didn't show up for.  And I'm going to assume Rand paid for a GOOD therapist, that was probably charging $500 an hour (or was the amount mentioned).

Jax is burning so many bridges that he should change his name to River Kwai.  

I read about it here...

https://realityblurb.com/2020/06/17/ashley-martson-shares-posts-of-jax-taylor-calling-her-poor-white-trash-and-insulting-her-body-slams-him-as-a-lying-racist-as-randall-emmett-unfollows-vanderpump-rules-star/amp/?platform=hootsuite&__twitter_impression=true

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Wow....He actually calls OTHER people trashy and snarks at them for wanting to be famous.  

Tell me, Jax, does she steal regularly from her employer or lift sun glasses from a mall in Hawaii?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Meh. Every time I find myself having the warm and fuzzies for something Randall does, I remind myself that he basically Weinstein'd Lala (although she was into it, it's still gross to me) and he thought the arresting prank was super duper funny. 

I don't feel fuzzy, just think he was gracious to James.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ihartcoffee said:

Ashley is hardly a reputable source as she's as much of a famewhore as Jax is, AND she called the cops on her black husband...which could have gone terribly wrong if the cops weren't so reserved during the altercation. So...yeah...I wouldn't put it past both these morons to be in cahoots to get more media attention.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm officially renaming the tuque I've been knitting for the past nine months (I lost motivation when it came time to attach a second ball of yarn - I basically turned into Katie and was too lazy to get up and get the second ball and spit splice it together) and that has sat as a pretty objet d'art in its maple wood yarn bowl on my entertainment center since then from The Tuque of Doom to Jax Taylor, for it shall forever be a WIP and never a FO. Which is kinda sad because it's a pretty lavender colour and is a nice alpaca/merino blend. 💟✝️🙏

LOL! Are you from Canada or France? 🙂 I had to look up tuque! 🥰

I just enjoy the idiots on this show.  If I have to start analyzing who they are and what they think, I'm done.  I tune in because I know they are idiots, and I don't expect them to educate me.  I can laugh at them when the world gets crazy.  If they all become politically correct,  I'm done with this show.  Bring on the chuckle fucks!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, IslandGirl said:

LOL! Are you from Canada or France? 🙂 I had to look up tuque! 🥰

Canada, eh. 

32 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

I just enjoy the idiots on this show.  If I have to start analyzing who they are and what they think, I'm done.  I tune in because I know they are idiots, and I don't expect them to educate me.  I can laugh at them when the world gets crazy.  If they all become politically correct,  I'm done with this show.  Bring on the chuckle fucks!!

I don't think anyone is asking them to be beacons of morality but you don't have to be problematic to be entertaining. Basically don't be hateful: don't be racist, don't be homophobic, transphobic, or biphobic, don't be misogynistic. You can still be a dumpster fire of questionable choices and hilarious outcomes without being any of those things. And if you want to be any of those things, don't be surprised when your platform is pulled out from under your feet. 

• Love 19