Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E24: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Canada, eh. 

I don't think anyone is asking them to be beacons of morality but you don't have to be problematic to be entertaining. Basically don't be hateful: don't be racist, don't be homophobic, transphobic, or biphobic, don't be misogynistic. You can still be a dumpster fire of questionable choices and hilarious outcomes without being any of those things. And if you want to be any of those things, don't be surprised when your platform is pulled out from under your feet. 

Oh I get that.  But looking at all the housewives shows, they have all shown moments of disgusting behavior.  The Potomac ladies (I do love them!), went after Ashley's husband's business, private life and his looks on several shows.  Every franchise has said horrible things.   The homophobia on these shows is ridiculous.  But being an adult, I can watch, laugh and realize I can't control their behavior and they can't influence mine.  But honestly, I love laughing at these idiots, and so do most people, or they wouldn't be so popular.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Charli is already so smug. If viewers start praising her, she’s going to be insufferable.

And the WORST kind of smug: no basis for being smug. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

Basically don't be hateful: don't be racist, don't be homophobic, transphobic, or biphobic, don't be misogynistic. You can still be a dumpster fire of questionable choices and hilarious outcomes without being any of those things.

Really? Have you watched Below Deck, because misogyny is very much accepted there. And hateful is pretty much a mainstay of the howife shows.

• Love 7

Get some racist bitches fired? Oh wait, Faith already did that. Guess she can tick that one off the bucket list.

source.gif

she has had her revenge. 

I'd say justice was served instead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Really? Have you watched Below Deck, because misogyny is very much accepted there. And hateful is pretty much a mainstay of the howife shows.

That wasn't my quote.  Although it's a good one, I can't take credit...lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Oh, I knew I was reaching for the end of misogyny on television but hey, who would have ever thought that Stassi would get shitcanned for all the crap she pulled over the past few years? Can't hurt to hope. 

• Love 3
On 6/16/2020 at 10:39 PM, heatherchandler said:

When was that?  I missed it!

Oh, you missed the group text?!?  It was at about the 45 minute mark, when they come back from commercial and they show the SURvers cracking up on one side of the screen, and on the other side of the screen are their texts, with gems like a drawing of a man wearing a shirt that says “ranch salad dressing” and Scheana writing, “Stassi’s dream of beau (sic) lol” and Stassi’s response of “LoL.  I’ve only had ranch one (sic) during quarantine.  Straight of (sic) FACTS.”  More hilarity ensues and Scheana writes “I think I just peed a little lol.”  

Then Jax is complaining because he’s not on the group text and Beau is teasing Jax at length, saying things in, I guess, a child’s voice, or a girl’s voice, complete with a sassy head wave like he’s really in his element, saying stupid shit like “Jax isn’t going to get into this group.  He thinks he’s a part of this group, he’s not going to get into this group,” and Lala says she’s going to turn it off and even Andy appears over it and he’s like, “alright guys, here we go.”  

I mean...it’s scintillating.  If you already took it off your DVR, I would go ahead and order it on Amazon Prime, because otherwise you’ll never know that Brett wanted “a fucking Bloody Mary.”  

Seriously, it was so gross, and it made my opinion of them plummet, when it was already in the basement.  Someone texted “basic AF.”  Couldn’t have said it better myself.  It really does illustrate how, when you strip away the glamour and the cameras and the extensions and muscles and nails, and you look at the way they text, and you juxtapose it against the way we communicate on this board, or I’m sure the way some of us text with our friends, they appear to be aggressively stupid and shallow people; people with whom I’d never associate even casually in real life; people I’d block.  I’m not trying to call them uninteresting, but when I’ve had more stimulating conversations with my parents’ dog, who was deaf and blind...it makes me really wonder what they’re going to do without this show.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’ve had more stimulating conversations with my parents’ dog, who was deaf and blind

You nailed it LS! However, I'm sure your parents' dog was also KIND. Something these D bags know nothing about. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Then Jax is complaining because he’s not on the group text and Beau is teasing Jax at length, saying things in, I guess, a child’s voice, or a girl’s voice, complete with a sassy head wave like he’s really in his element, saying stupid shit like “Jax isn’t going to get into this group.  He thinks he’s a part of this group, he’s not going to get into this group,” and Lala says she’s going to turn it off and even Andy appears over it and he’s like, “alright guys, here we go.”  

I need to start off with the disclaimer that I can’t stand Jax, never could, never will, and my distaste grows more and more every year.  That said, and it pains me to stand up for him on any level, while Jax may not be “the number one guy in the group” he at least was there since day one.  Beau just got here yesterday so it’s ridiculous for him even jokingly to tease about how Jax isn’t part of this group and never will be.  This group?  Beau?  You’re one breakup from Stassi away from being out!   Of course, since the time of their reunion a lot went down. Part of that is Stassi being pregnant, which sheds some light on why Beau feels so secure in that relationship.  But he’s still not part of the group without her.  It is so annoying to see him be nauseatingly smug. 

The fact that I hate Beau so much it caused me to defend Jax is alarming even to me, but here I am 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh, you missed the group text?!?  It was at about the 45 minute mark, when they come back from commercial and they show the SURvers cracking up on one side of the screen, and on the other side of the screen are their texts, with gems like a drawing of a man wearing a shirt that says “ranch salad dressing” and Scheana writing, “Stassi’s dream of beau (sic) lol” and Stassi’s response of “LoL.  I’ve only had ranch one (sic) during quarantine.  Straight of (sic) FACTS.”  More hilarity ensues and Scheana writes “I think I just peed a little lol.”  

I mean...it’s scintillating.  If you already took it off your DVR, I would go ahead and order it on Amazon Prime, because otherwise you’ll never know that Brett wanted “a fucking Bloody Mary.”  

Seriously, it was so gross, and it made my opinion of them plummet, when it was already in the basement.  Someone texted “basic AF.”  Couldn’t have said it better myself.  It really does illustrate how, when you strip away the glamour and the cameras and the extensions and muscles and nails, and you look at the way they text, and you juxtapose it against the way we communicate on this board, or I’m sure the way some of us text with our friends, they appear to be aggressively stupid and shallow people; people with whom I’d never associate even casually in real life; people I’d block.  I’m not trying to call them uninteresting, but when I’ve had more stimulating conversations with my parents’ dog, who was deaf and blind...it makes me really wonder what they’re going to do without this show.  

Damn, I deleted without watching.  I'll have to find it On Demand and watch.  I wonder if Jax really IS worried that this show will now become more TomTom-centric and that he and the Corncob will be left out in the cold.  After all, after all the comments to the FlatIron, I hope Sandoval just gives him a "talk to the hand" and walks away.  He might still have Schwartz, but frankly Sandoval's Schwartzie's business partner, not Jax, and those two seem more joined at the hip.  

Considering the number of times we saw his credit card declined this season, I'm thinking Mr. and Mrs. Lying Thief may not have a pot of money squirreled away after that wedding, even if the Corncob is more frugal than her partner.  After all, it was Rand who was paying for that session with the shrink that Jax says he needs.  Because have we determined that other than Stassi and Kristen (and even Katie, I guess with that blog of hers), none of them have alternative revenue streams, do they?  Lala doesn't need one, but I'm pretty sure Rand isn't generating a lot of income during this period either.  And now that the series is done, they won't be getting episode payments.  I'm pretty sure they don't get residuals.  

Wonder how the morn

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I just had to mention that it annoys me how Jason Cauchi pretends like he's deaf and has to ask Brittany what everybody is saying. I would tell the jackass to get his hearing checked, but it seems to be rather selective when he can and cannot hear something.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

I just had to mention that it annoys me how Jason Cauchi pretends like he's deaf and has to ask Brittany what everybody is saying. I would tell the jackass to get his hearing checked, but it seems to be rather selective when he can and cannot hear something.

He does that during his confessionals sometimes too!  I bet it’s just one of his “tells.” Like if he doesn’t like what someone is saying he acts like he can’t hear them?  Or acts like he can’t understand them? IDK.  So childish, but then again....look who we are talking about.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

He does that during his confessionals sometimes too!  I bet it’s just one of his “tells.” Like if he doesn’t like what someone is saying he acts like he can’t hear them?  Or acts like he can’t understand them? IDK.  So childish, but then again....look who we are talking about.

Stalling for time while he thinks up a lie quick!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, geauxaway said:

2 hours ago, princelina said:

Stalling for time while he thinks up a lie quick!

This!!!! 🎯🎯🎯🙌

• Love 1
On 6/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, Callaphera said:

I'm officially renaming the tuque I've been knitting for the past nine months (I lost motivation when it came time to attach a second ball of yarn - I basically turned into Katie and was too lazy to get up and get the second ball and spit splice it together) and that has sat as a pretty objet d'art in its maple wood yarn bowl on my entertainment center since then from The Tuque of Doom to Jax Taylor, for it shall forever be a WIP and never a FO. Which is kinda sad because it's a pretty lavender colour and is a nice alpaca/merino blend. 💟✝️🙏

How small are your balls/how big is your head?  

On 6/17/2020 at 11:58 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Well, that's interesting.  Wonder what prompted that, since they were all buddy/buddy at the wedding and were going to get a PJ ride to a vacation of their choice, weren't they?  Looks like his other claim to fame, Lance Bass, has also cut him loose as a business partner.  Wonder if it's over the session that he paid for that Mr. "I'm a Work in Progress" didn't show up for.  And I'm going to assume Rand paid for a GOOD therapist, that was probably charging $500 an hour (or was the amount mentioned).

Jax is burning so many bridges that he should change his name to River Kwai.  

I might be pulling this from my ass, but I thought someone said $600

On 6/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, IslandGirl said:

LOL! Are you from Canada or France? 🙂 I had to look up tuque! 🥰

You might be more familiar with toque as I believe that is the more common spelling outside of Canada.  (I might have more than one book on hat design and the history of hats)

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Small balls (DK), small to normal head but I like a deeply folded brim and a slouchy top. If it was a gift, I would have finished it in 2 days. Because it's for me? Eh, maybe in time for next winter. 

• LOL 2
On 6/19/2020 at 7:06 AM, geauxaway said:

I just got through watching the Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix, and he was doing the exact same thing while being deposed. He was pretending he didn't hear the very clear lawyer, or that he didn't understand very clear language. It has to be a trait of a...whatever they are!

• Love 2
On 6/19/2020 at 4:12 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I might be pulling this from my ass, but I thought someone said $600

You might be more familiar with toque as I believe that is the more common spelling outside of Canada.  (I might have more than one book on hat design and the history of hats)

I am also Canadian, (Western Canadian Anglophone) and I thought it was touque.  This is clearly the most anglophone Canadian possible spelling, as we love to toss in those "extraneous" (not extraneous!) "U"s.

Mais si tuque est vraimant un mot francais, then tuque it is for me going forward. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1