Type keyword(s) to search

Kenneth and Armando: Don't Fuck This Up For Us, TLC

• Start Topic

Kenneth, a 57-year-old from St. Petersburg, Florida, met Armando, a 31-year-old from Mexico, through a gay father support group. After realizing their bond was too strong to deny, Kenneth decided to leave everything behind to be with Armando and his daughter in Mexico. But Armando's family is not accepting of his sexuality and they do not know about his relationship.

Also, the first same-sex couple in the franchise if you don't count Stephanie and Erika.

• Love 2

ET Online Interview

90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way season 2 stars Kenneth and Armando are ready to make history as the first male gay couple on the massively popular TLC franchise.

ET's Melicia Johnson spoke to the couple ahead of the season premiere on June 8, and they talked about sharing their journey together on national TV. Kenneth, 57, fell in love with 31-year-old Armando after they connected through a gay father support group. Kenneth, who's from St. Petersburg, Florida, decided to move to Mexico to be with Armando, but they face plenty of issues -- one being that Armando hasn't come out to his family.

While Kenneth tells ET the two are "excited" about being the first male gay couple on the show, Armando is a bit more hesitant. Armando actually initially told his parents that he was participating in a documentary so that they would participate in filming, and says he doesn't think they would have been part of it if he had told them the truth.

"I'm a little nervous, personally, not knowing what to expect," Armando says. "I'm recently coming out so, you know, putting it out to the world is a big step for me."

The two did watch 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days couple Stephanie and Erika's storyline this season and commented on the show's portrayal of its first lesbian couple. Stephanie and Erika broke up, after Stephanie didn't want to reveal to her mother that she's bisexual.

"I'm sure it was portrayed accurately," Kenneth says of Stephanie and Erika's journey. "What a lot of the times people don't realize is same sex couples have the same problems as everybody else. They have the ups and downs -- some make it, some don't."

Armando adds, "Some people look down on them for what they went through or how their story turned out but  ... it's something anybody goes through in any relationship -- straight or homosexual."

Ultimately, Kenneth and Armando say that when it comes to their own story, they want to help viewers who might also be struggling.

"It's amazing to show people that two men can love each other and have a great life together," Kenneth adds.

As for their own unconventional love story, the two share how they fell in love despite their age gap of 26 years. Kenneth and Armando noted that when they began chatting, they both weren't looking for a relationship, so they got to know each other as friends before ever thinking of one another romantically.

"Yeah, it's a whole adult human," Kenneth jokes about their significant age gap.

Kenneth reveals to ET that Armando was actually the one to make the first move.

"I was surprised because of the age difference," he admits. "I said, 'What about our age difference?' and he said, 'I don't care.' And once he didn't care [shrugs] ... it's been the best relationship I've ever had."

Armando says their transition from friends to partners was a completely natural one.

"By the time I found out his age, you know, we had already been talking a lot," he points out. "We had already laughed a lot, so I had gotten to know him as a person ... I really liked his personality. As you can attest, he looks younger, so again, it wasn't like I was seeing, like, an old guy or anything like that. By the time I found out his age, it didn't matter, you know, we get along great. And I'm an old soul, so we kind of balance each other."

Armando fought back tears and stressed that despite any negative opinions or people not accepting them, he was going to end up with Kenneth.

"He's been the one person that's always supported me," he says. "So, no matter what happened, he was my happiness, and no matter how things go with my parents or anybody in the world, nothing is going to take that away from me."

As for what viewers can expect from their journey this season, Kenneth says despite their obvious love for one another, it's far from smooth.

"You're gonna see some ups and downs with us, you're gonna see some differences because of our age and some differences because of our culture, and some differences in our parenting styles," he shares. "It's not all roses. We're very emotional people and it does come out."

"Give our story a chance," he adds. "Especially to the people that might not believe in same sex relationships. Give ours a chance, to watch our story, watch it unfold and they might just see a love story, and they might change their mind and their heart."

Season 2 of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way premieres June 8 at 9 p.m. ET on TLC.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Christina said:

The first skeleton has been unearthed:

three slides

How terrible.  I can understand why he didn't want to elaborate more on his ex's death on the show, to be sure; however, once you sign up for reality TV, things like this are bound to come to light.  I can't begrudge him for trying to keep the details of her accident private.  

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

He should have just said she passed away without mentioning the car accident.

It would have come out eventually. There are no secrets, especially for reality TV personalities. It's a sad, tragic death. It's disgusting that people DM him and ask him questions about it. Let people wonder when it's none of their business. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

He should have just said she passed away without mentioning the car accident.

It had already come out and was making the rumor mills. That's why he made the post.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

I read those 3 slides but don't really understand. Was she ramming his car then lost control?

That’s what I got from it. Awful.  Poor guy. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought he said they had been separated for a couple years.  But she was pregnant again?

It could've been somebody else's, or they briefly could've hooked back up long enough for her to get pregnant.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2020 at 1:42 PM, cheewhiz said:

I read those 3 slides but don't really understand. Was she ramming his car then lost control?

I guess so;  when I first heard that she was killed in a car crash after they separated, I wondered if it was suicide by car accident.   Whatever it is, it is sad.

• Love 5
On 6/15/2020 at 1:42 PM, cheewhiz said:

That is what I gleened.  My only prediction for this couple (and Lord I hope I am wrong) is that Fernando has his family and thier homopobic (seemingly) beliefs too deep and can't shake them.  I amnot spoiling, I truly do not know....and I pray that I am wrong!!!

I REALLY like these two!!  Kenneth is TOO CUTE!  (Yes I just said that about a 57 year old man....and I am not ashamed!)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

Have Kenneth and Armando said what they do for a living?  My apologies if this has been mentioned and I missed it; I'm chronically a day late and  a dollar short these days!

Kenneth is a property manager and Armando has a dog grooming and daycare.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Vote for your fave sub-title! (I'll change the title after next week's episodes.)

For Kenneth and Armando: South of the Border, Down Mexico Way, click the pink heart.

For Kenneth and Armando: Don't Fuck This Up For Us, TLC, click the orange smiley face.

For Kenneth and Armando: Dont Cry for Me Mexitina, click the yellow lightbulb.

For Kenneth and Armando: Have Product, Will Travel, click the blue sad face.

For Kenneth and Armando: I'm Not Crying, We're All Crying, click the green surprised face.

Shoot, I didn't see the call for more options! I was going to submit: Kenneth and Armando: Hannah and her Misters

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

They both seem so sweet and genuine. What are they doing on this show?

I'm holding to my resolve to not make a decision until later in the season.  They are JUST moving in with each other.  If there's gonna be shit hitting a fan, the potential starts now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/17/2020 at 1:38 AM, DanaMB said:

Kevin and Armando: Don’t fuck this up for us TLC

On 7/7/2020 at 8:55 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

Kenneth and Armando:  Don't Fuck This Up For Us, TLC

Agree! 😉

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Kenneth looks like he would be fun on a road trip.

I loved the car dancing and the talks with Truffles.

And if the previews are accurate, with tonight's episode we finally get to see their reunion.  

As the thread title says, don't fuck this up for us, TLC.  

• Love 6