Type keyword(s) to search

Kenneth and Armando: Don't Fuck This Up For Us, TLC

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, DanaMB said:

So excited for my thread title being chosen! never even submitted one before. I don’t feel I’m as clever as everyone else. 😂

Not only are you AS clever as everyone else, your suggestion got the most votes.  That means you're MORE clever than some of us!!!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Not only are you AS clever as everyone else, your suggestion got the most votes.  That means you're MORE clever than some of us!!!

Aww, thanks. I think it means none of us want this couple toyed with! We need something to hope for from this show. 😍

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

So TLC IS going to fuck this up!  Hopefully,tonight’s episode is producer shenanigans & not really what’s going on.

Well, I certainly hope that Kenneth's apparent total lack of Spanish is producer shenanigans.  He has had nine months.  This is not 1950 when learning Spanish is taking it for several years with a high school teacher who may or may not have ever lived in a Spanish speaking area.  In addition to Spanish immersion classes, there are plenty of books and computer programs not to mention Spanish television channels and you can change the language on your computer.  I certainly expected him to be able to read it fairly well and be able to interact at a basic level when ordering.   I still like Armando, but Kenny is just acting like a rude American.   Spitting out the food on a street and taking a sip of the rice water.  I am sure a lot of those food items are an acquired taste if you don't grow up eating them, but his manners leave a lot to  be desired.   And he pretends to be offended that Armando doesn't want to be seen holding hands in some Mexican town where they are both strangers.   Grow up, Kenneth, and maybe I will start to like you again.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

He has had nine months

But they were devoted to crying.

If 18 pesos convert to a dollar it is basically a nickel.  Maybe he could grasp that.  I do still like this couple, it may just be producer shenanigans.  Better than a cheating story.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

But they were devoted to crying.

If 18 pesos convert to a dollar it is basically a nickel.  Maybe he could grasp that.  I do still like this couple, it may just be producer shenanigans.  Better than a cheating story.

I think the producers feel they have to give them an obstacle to overcome.  

• Love 8

They're trying to make it look like this is naive Kenny's first time in Mexico which is far from the truth. Sure, before he was in more touristy areas, but I doubt if they've moved to a town that has no modern conveniences like ATMs. The nearest bank is an hour away? Can't you do all banking online nowadays? I think Kenny is just going to be portrayed as a fussy, high maintenance pain in the ass. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really wonder why Armando, and Kenny didn't move to more cosmopolitan city with more amenities?     

Cost, maybe? Or staying close enough to Armando’s established client base for his business?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Armando's Insta addresses last week's episode..248956564_Screenshot_20200722-2026412.thumb.png.a9b3b53d320262c2556f4134c702c509.png

Is it possible for an old heterosexual lady to be totally in love with a gay couple?  

Asking for a friend... ❤️❤️❤️  

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Is it possible for an old heterosexual lady to be totally in love with a gay couple?  

Asking for a friend... ❤️❤️❤️  

I feel ya! 

TLC is not going to give us a non-drama couple. As much as we say that's what we want, it's the Jesses and Toms and Darceys and Eds that bring in the views and advertisers. I honestly don't even care in Kenny's character is that of Stuffy American. I prefer that over Orange Asshole (uhh...Jesse) or Sex Tourist. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I feel ya! 

TLC is not going to give us a non-drama couple. As much as we say that's what we want, it's the Jesses and Toms and Darceys and Eds that bring in the views and advertisers. I honestly don't even care in Kenny's character is that of Stuffy American. I prefer that over Orange Asshole (uhh...Jesse) or Sex Tourist. 

The rice water thing was just for drama.  Frankly, I give Kenny credit for trying.  It sounds....not pleasant to me.  I do wonder if their issues will come from Armando never having a long term gay relationship?  And Kenny is "Let's settle down!"  And props to him for doing that, and going back to the fatherhood well at his age.  Will Armando want to sew some more oats?

• Love 3

I suspect some of the Kenny "stuffy American" routine is producer shenanigans, to make the couple more interesting.   I suspect the public hand holding conflict is also.   I wish we could just have one couple to root for, without extra drams.   People love a good love story, and I wish the producers would realize that.  

• Love 10

I love them. I don't care if Kenny's a little high maintenance. Armando is a total sweetheart and to me, the more emotionally mature one. His devotion to his daughter warms my Grinch heart. Kenneth will adapt and learn enough Spanish to get by. It's a rocky start (and I'm sure TLC editing drama) but this is finally a couple I can cheer on during their season, and not having them "grow on me" later like Tim and Veronica  (I loooove them on Pillow Talk).  

• Love 12

I also think it’s totally production.   
Kenny lived in Florida, lots of Spanish spoken there.  I lived in Texas for a few years and I picked up a bit of conversational Spanish just from it being all around me.  I think it’s totally production creating drama.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Christina said:

Posted by Kenneth on his IG Stories, but I don't know how to attach those so this is from a meme account:

TLC should refuse to allow it to air if it's not shown in its entirety. WHY ARE WE SUPPORTING THIS FUCKING SHIT ASS NETWORK?!?

• Love 5

These two! So adorable, so lovely. They are just the perfect antidote for my Covid crankiness. 

The thread title is the best...do not fuck this up for us, tlc. DO NOT!

• Love 7

I loved the proposal, and all of Kenny's family, and others celebrating their engagement.      I noticed Kenny had no trouble setting everything up, so he's better at living there than the show claims.     I'm so happy for Kenny, and Armando.   

• Love 5
On 7/21/2020 at 8:00 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really wonder why Armando, and Kenny didn't move to more cosmopolitan city with more amenities?   

Do we know where they are living.  The intro just gives home towns.  I think they are near a more cosmopolitan area than they showed the first time they went to "town."  I think that was producer shenanigans; the hotel and restaurant looked like it belonged it a much larger place than we saw a few episodes away.  Also I think we see some shenanigans with the language barrier or lack thereof---Armando would have insisted on going to the  bank if Kenny's language skills are that bad, although probably the bank would have some employees who spoke English.  And I am sure the engagement as lovely as it was was not a surprise.  Not sure if it was a reactment,  but I am sure Armando knew.   I can't see Kenny flying his daughters to Mexico unless he was absolutely certain.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Kenny needs to stop crying so much.  I think he is rapidly approaching a tie with Kalani's kid.

Don’t forget Cheesy Dough Boy Tim and his Red Face of Shame and Tears!

• Love 8

Does anyone else think Kenny is being a little selfish in pushing Armando so hard to have PDAs and announce his engagement to his family?  Kenny's all "I want his family to know, I want to be able to show our love, etc."  What about what Armando wants?

I know Kenny gets a lot of love here, but I wish he'd be more patient and understanding of Armando's needs and concerns, which are as valid as Kenny's.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Does anyone else think Kenny is being a little selfish in pushing Armando so hard to have PDAs and announce his engagement to his family?  Kenny's all "I want his family to know, I want to be able to show our love, etc."  What about what Armando wants?

I know Kenny gets a lot of love here, but I wish he'd be more patient and understanding of Armando's needs and concerns, which are as valid as Kenny's.

Exactly.  Kenny said his parents were fine with it but If Armando’s parents are deeply religious they may still have outdated notions about sin.  They are probably Catholic which is still pretty homophobic despite all the priests and nuns who were/are gay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Exactly.  Kenny said his parents were fine with it but If Armando’s parents are deeply religious they may still have outdated notions about sin.  They are probably Catholic which is still pretty homophobic despite all the priests and nuns who were/are gay.

agreed

and it should be up to Kenny when he tells his parents not this guy.  if he doesn't understand that, I think they may be in trouble

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

agreed

and it should be up to Kenny when he tells his parents not this guy.  if he doesn't understand that, I think they may be in trouble

I agree that Armando should decide when to tell his parents but it's also a valid choice for Kenny to decide that he doesn't want to live a de facto closeted life by being Armando's "friend" or "roommate." Armando can decide when to tell his parents but he has to understand that if it's not soon enough for Kenny, Kenny may end the relationship.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I agree that Armando should decide when to tell his parents but it's also a valid choice for Kenny to decide that he doesn't want to live a de facto closeted life by being Armando's "friend" or "roommate." Armando can decide when to tell his parents but he has to understand that if it's not soon enough for Kenny, Kenny may end the relationship.

He told them several episodes ago that he is in a relationship with Kenny and they are moving in together as a couple.  It’s the engagement that he doesn’t want to tell right away.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

He told them several episodes ago that he is in a relationship with Kenny and they are moving in together as a couple.  It’s the engagement that he doesn’t want to tell right away.

Ok but I still wouldn’t want to be kept a secret. I don’t think that’s the best way to start a marriage. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

If Kenny loves him he should allow Armando to move at his own speed. The parents are still having a difficult time digesting this situation and an engagement could adversely affect their relationship with their son. They're also having to deal with the little girl moving away. Kenny knew what the deal was when he moved, so he needs to slow his roll. Focus on learning how to speak Spanish, for fuck's sake.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, politichick said:

If Kenny loves him he should allow Armando to move at his own speed. The parents are still having a difficult time digesting this situation and an engagement could adversely affect their relationship with their son. They're also having to deal with the little girl moving away. Kenny knew what the deal was when he moved, so he needs to slow his roll. Focus on learning how to speak Spanish, for fuck's sake.

I don't think it's that simple. I've known several gay couples who were at different stages of their coming out experiences and it's really demoralizing to be kept a secret. Even when you know that it's not personal - it's the homosexuality that is being hidden or diminished, not the individual - it still feels like shame. I've been engaged (and am married). I cannot imagine my husband telling me that he wanted to keep that a secret from his family or his friends for any reason. I would have been so hurt, even if his reasons had nothing to do with me personally.

Armando's decision to tell, or not tell his family affects Kenny too. As I've said before, it's Armando's decision but he may have to live with the fact that his decision to not tell his parents could cost him Kenny. Kenny has to decide if he wants to stay in a relationship that has to be kept a secret from his in-laws and if he can't live with that, it may cost him Armando.

I love these two and I hope they can work it out but I don't think it's fair to villainize Kenny for wanting what any newly engaged person wants. He struggled for so many years to live as an out gay man and I think it's understandable that he doesn't want to put even one toe back in the closet.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I love these two and I hope they can work it out but I don't think it's fair to villainize Kenny for wanting what any newly engaged person wants. He struggled for so many years to live as an out gay man and I think it's understandable that he doesn't want to put even one toe back in the closet.

I certainly don't peg Kenny as a villain in this situation.  Like you said, it's complicated.  But continuing to push someone's stated boundaries isn't cool.  If they can't come to a happy medium, either or both of them will need to decide what they can live with.

I just feel a little uneasy every time I see Kenny pushing/"encouraging."  If I were Armando, I wouldn't appreciate it, but maybe I'm projecting.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I certainly don't peg Kenny as a villain in this situation.  Like you said, it's complicated.  But continuing to push someone's stated boundaries isn't cool.  If they can't come to a happy medium, either or both of them will need to decide what they can live with.

I just feel a little uneasy every time I see Kenny pushing/"encouraging."  If I were Armando, I wouldn't appreciate it, but maybe I'm projecting.

He comes off as controlling and paternalistic.  And paternalistic is the last thing you want to be when 30 years older.

• Love 5

I have become quite jaded and cynical about the relationships as shown, due to the revelations on the couples' threads. I think the tv versions have a tenuous connection to the real life relationships, and that in most cases the real life ones are better. Except for Pol and Karine, theirs is much worse.

Would Armando's parents prefer he wasn't gay? Probably. Would they prefer he wasn't marrying a man? Probably. Do they know about Kenneth? Probably. Is it that big an issue that Armando is afraid to mention it. Probably not.

I think this is TLC injecting some drama into what is, let's be honest, a pretty boring story.

• Love 4

This couple is fake. First, No person who managed to have FOUR children on his or her own would be so wimpy with germs and such. Second, that winery pic, the Mexican gent was clearly photoshopped in.

7 hours ago, Ucross said:

This couple is fake. First, No person who managed to have FOUR children on his or her own would be so wimpy with germs and such. Second, that winery pic, the Mexican gent was clearly photoshopped in.

The lighting is exactly spot on so I don’t think Armando was photoshopped.

• Love 4
On 8/19/2020 at 10:01 AM, MrBuhBye said:

He comes off as controlling and paternalistic.  And paternalistic is the last thing you want to be when 30 years older.

And he cries too much, probably pretty needy and demanding but I hope not 😧

• Love 2

I think Armando's family is being wonderful to Kenny.    It's not as if Kenny is also local, doesn't even speak Spanish, and the age difference would give me pause.    Don't expect someone to go from not accepting at all to embracing everything instantly.     Kenny should be glad that Armando's father didn't slam the door in their faces, instead he accepted them, and that must not have been easy for him. 

I'm wondering if we're being lied to, where Kenny is just acting for the story line, and Kenny actually fits in much better than he's acting.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 12

Looks like Armando threw a bit of a hissy fit.  A bit of drama. Alot of FB users I saw are siding with Armando. Personally I think there has to be some truth given 90 day history.

armando.jpg

121706509_3328529437215629_7494138678153318787_o.jpg

Edited by greekmom
Sorry they are out of order
  • Love 2