Type keyword(s) to search

Candiace Dillard Bassett: Ducking Purses Since 2018

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Yuck. Overpriced/overgrown McMansion that’s obviously stuck way out in the boonies; I’d expect no less from Little Miss Trustfund and BrownDick. Talking about trying to keep up with the Samuels!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Yuck. Overpriced/overgrown McMansion that’s obviously stuck way out in the boonies; I’d expect no less from Little Miss Trustfund and BrownDick. Talking about trying to keep up with the Samuels!

Is her husband even currently working?  What is the restaurant situation out there?   Is Miss Dorothy on the deed? 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Meh, mileage may vary but I don't particularly hate it, though it seems like a very popular architectural style.  I don't think they need five bedrooms. and I only think that a smarter move may have been for them to independently purchase a condo.  Their condo looked nice and it was the right size for the two of them.  

However, I don't hate it.  I remember when Porsha bought that huge ass house after she divorced Kordell and I'm not sure if she kept it, but part of her logic was that buying the house was motivation for her to keep hustling and striving for more.  Some people work that way and it worked for her. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8

I think the house has curb appeal, I can see why they like it from the outside, and it will look great on TV when they cut to a scene at her home. It has plenty of new features that will shine sparkly and new for justification of the price. I personally prefer all brick homes. This home is brick and stone in the front but that siding in the back, and all wood on the inside much like all these new homes are built. That first utility bill I'm sure will be a shock, the price to heat/cool that house for two people who will go days/weeks without entering some of the rooms. I'm sure that one of her first scenes next season will be someone coming over for a grad tour, maybe Wendy, and planning some housewarming. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I think the house has curb appeal, I can see why they like it from the outside, and it will look great on TV when they cut to a scene at her home. It has plenty of new features that will shine sparkly and new for justification of the price. I personally prefer all brick homes. This home is brick and stone in the front but that siding in the back, and all wood on the inside much like all these new homes are built. That first utility bill I'm sure will be a shock, the price to heat/cool that house for two people who will go days/weeks without entering some of the rooms. I'm sure that one of her first scenes next season will be someone coming over for a grad tour, maybe Wendy, and planning some housewarming. 

I know a few folks with money and some have developed smart ways to lower their utility bills and some who just suffer in arctic cold and Saharan  heat.  I don't think Candace will be the one to watch that stuff, but Chris seems like the kind of guy who would think about monthly bills

And oh yes, there WILL be a grand tour and a housewarming and some point.  It's actually not a horrible idea since Chris can cook and they won't have to be weird about having a cash bar.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

With the property's square footage and price tag, I'd say this home is in a far outer suburb. Perhaps PG County, Howard County, rural Loudoun County, or Stafford County? In the denser urban areas closer to DC, new 1200 sq. ft. 1 BD/1BA condos sell for at least $700K.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

The house is in PG county, yes, farther up the beltway. She has already put up a post saying that she likes to keep on the lights and Chris turns them off, so yep he is watching the bills hehe. She could do a scene with Wendy, maybe Robyn, and mayyyybe Gizelle to come back or throw shade for that 900K cabin in the woods comment. Wendy for sure though. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

What happens to Candiace's new house once the HW gravy train ends, how will she keep that new house?  The monthly up keep and taxes can be a hefty amount, Chris does not seem to have a job and Candiace does not work, is Mother Candiace paying for this house too?  Does her mother still have the town home near the National Harbor or did she sell it to pour money in to an unnessary expenditure that may not be a good investment?

I do not understand how these people live with no visible means of support, I would like to try it.

Wait!  Is this the house the hair pull bought?  Is this the hush money house that Chris and Monique built? 

I saw some photos on line and Candiace clearly did not use a decorator, all the art work is hung way too high, that stupid Target mirror over the sofa is an inch from the ceiling (why would she think that is the right way to hang a mirror?). The furniture is all wrong, I loath when people put tall furniture in front of a window, furniture scale is important with a house that size and Candiace has missed the mark, did she get decorating tips from Gizelle? Candiace has given the other HW's plenty of things to pick on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What happens to Candiace's new house once the HW gravy train ends, how will she keep that new house?  The monthly up keep and taxes can be a hefty amount, Chris does not seem to have a job and Candiace does not work, is Mother Candiace paying for this house too?  Does her mother still have the town home near the National Harbor or did she sell it to pour money in to an unnessary expenditure that may not be a good investment?

I do not understand how these people live with no visible means of support, I would like to try it.

Wait!  Is this the house the hair pull bought?  Is this the hush money house that Chris and Monique built? 

I saw some photos on line and Candiace clearly did not use a decorator, all the art work is hung way too high, that stupid Target mirror over the sofa is an inch from the ceiling (why would she think that is the right way to hang a mirror?). The furniture is all wrong, I loath when people put tall furniture in front of a window, furniture scale is important with a house that size and Candiace has missed the mark, did she get decorating tips from Gizelle? Candiace has given the other HW's plenty of things to pick on.

Yeah, I don't mean to be counting other people's money, but that house will be hard for them to maintain if Candiass if ever let go from the show. I don't think Dorothy is flush enough to pay for that house but she probably did cosign a loan.

As @Neurochick pointed out the cost of a house is much more than paying a mortgage payment.

My guess is that Candiass gets between 350-500K per season for being on the show. I am probably underestimating her salary. I wonder if they plan on starting a big family because they are going to get sick of heating and cooling bedrooms (not to mention cleaning if they do not have a housekeeper) rooms they do not use.

Anyway, good for them. I guess the show is allowing them some financial independence. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

With the property's square footage and price tag, I'd say this home is in a far outer suburb. Perhaps PG County, Howard County, rural Loudoun County, or Stafford County? In the denser urban areas closer to DC, new 1200 sq. ft. 1 BD/1BA condos sell for at least $700K.

It is infact in PG county, about an hour from Potomac.  I am happy that the photos we have all seen are not her decor choices, they are the previous owners choices the photos we saw were taken for the on line real estate site.  

So, who is actually living in Potomac now?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is infact in PG county, about an hour from Potomac.  I am happy that the photos we have all seen are not her decor choices, they are the previous owners choices the photos we saw were taken for the on line real estate site.  

So, who is actually living in Potomac now?

Yea the decor choices were not her own. Whoever staged that house did a terrible job. I would rather have viewed the house empty than to see the decor that was there. Right now, Karen and Monique live in Potomac. Gizelle Bethesda, Ashley in Virginia, and I'm not sure where Wendy lives. 

• Love 8
On 12/4/2020 at 11:58 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Good for them, but I don't like that house at all and would not want to live in the boonies, especially at her age.

• Love 4
On 12/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, qtpye said:

Yeah, I don't mean to be counting other people's money, but that house will be hard for them to maintain if Candiass if ever let go from the show. I don't think Dorothy is flush enough to pay for that house but she probably did cosign a loan.

As @Neurochick pointed out the cost of a house is much more than paying a mortgage payment.

My guess is that Candiass gets between 350-500K per season for being on the show. I am probably underestimating her salary. I wonder if they plan on starting a big family because they are going to get sick of heating and cooling bedrooms (not to mention cleaning if they do not have a housekeeper) rooms they do not use.

Anyway, good for them. I guess the show is allowing them some financial independence. 

I guess anyone could lose it all tomorrow, so maybe you have to buy what the current situation tells you that you can afford.  A house of this price tag is pretty standard for a housewife, right?

And you can bet your bottom dollar that she was squirreling away every dime and paying minimum rent to Dorothy. 

If she loses the paycheck, she would just sell the house right?  At a loss, but she has that trust fund, Dorothy and a father who is a doctor....she won't be living in a car.  

She also has her little song out and she will be in that movie coming out sometime next week on BET.  Because of COVID, its likely that more people will watch than normally would so it might work out pretty nicely for her.  

Candace can talk, but if, right now, her dreams include an entertainment career, attending Howard for her MBA and staying on the show as long as she can...she may not really want kids, but rather to build her money up.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, politichick said:

Good for them, but I don't like that house at all and would not want to live in the boonies, especially at her age.

The house isn't in the boonies at all. It's right by Six Flags, FedEx Field, etc. It's a big family suburb for sure, but not too far to get into downtown DC - perhaps 25, 30 mins. My source is the fact that her new house is literally around the corner from my parents. I didn't grow up in that house but the area is nice. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, producerchick said:

The house isn't in the boonies at all. It's right by Six Flags, FedEx Field, etc. It's a big family suburb for sure, but not too far to get into downtown DC - perhaps 25, 30 mins. My source is the fact that her new house is literally around the corner from my parents. I didn't grow up in that house but the area is nice. 

I found it on an on line real estate app, it is exactly what the HW standard in suburban living for sure, I just hope she takes those awful Bed Bath & Beyond purple curtains down and gets a decorator that understands scale.  

• Love 6
On 12/8/2020 at 7:27 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I found it on an on line real estate app, it is exactly what the HW standard in suburban living for sure, I just hope she takes those awful Bed Bath & Beyond purple curtains down and gets a decorator that understands scale.

Those weren't Candiace's decorations, those were the previous owner's decorations.

15 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Candiace's Christmas  movie doesn't look bad, and it's good for her and Chris to diversify their income streams.

It was actually very cute and I think Candiace did a pretty good job in it.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Candiace's Christmas  movie doesn't look bad, and it's good for her and Chris to diversify their income streams.

I want to watch it, I wonder if I can get it on the BET app?  Right now its just viewable with Philo and I'd almost just prefer to pay for it instead of signing up for something.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Has Candiace ever revealed how she and Chris met? 

I think she said she was a hostess  at a restaurant that Chris was cooking for...so I guess they met at work.

• Love 3
On 12/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, qtpye said:

I had the same thought originally, but then I remembered that Chris has two kids he sees and one he does not. So if each kid has their own room, there is a bedroom for the kid he doesn't see regularly and one for Dorothy (because you know she needs to have a permanent bedroom in someone else's home). If you close doors and have zone heating/cooling, you'll be just fine, especially in newer construction assuming its well built.

• Love 6
On 12/12/2020 at 11:18 PM, drivethroo said:

Those weren't Candiace's decorations, those were the previous owner's decorations.

It was actually very cute and I think Candiace did a pretty good job in it.

I saw the beginning 15-20 minutes of "The Christmas Lottery" in which Candiace has scenes and I thought she held her own as an actress. (I plan to watch it all soon, via Sling/with BET channel on demand.) All of the dialogue/acting seemed a bit stilted but hey it's a made-for-TV holiday movie and she's getting paid + exposure so looks like she's reaching her goals.

I assume that her income from the show qualified her for the mortgage on the new house. I haven't kept up much with this season because Christmas movies. I'll watch all the way through the reunions (which I usually hate) in the week after Christmas. Don't know how well this season did in ratings but I'm thinking Bravo will give it one more season.

23 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I had the same thought originally, but then I remembered that Chris has two kids he sees and one he does not. So if each kid has their own room, there is a bedroom for the kid he doesn't see regularly and one for Dorothy (because you know she needs to have a permanent bedroom in someone else's home). If you close doors and have zone heating/cooling, you'll be just fine, especially in newer construction assuming its well built.

Perhaps buying a big house that is theirs (not shared with Mama Moneybags) and has space for everyone will help him spend more time with his kids, and if he indeed owes back child support, maybe some of Candiace's income streams will get him paid up!

For those asking if Chris is still working, I was in Old Town Alexandria a couple of weeks ago and drove by Myron Mixon's Pitmaster Barbecue on Lee St. in the neighborhood where I used to work and saw that it's open. The website says it is open for "dine-in, curbside pickup, and delivery". One Google reviewer wrote that it had been closed for a while due to Covid but reopened in October. No idea why they were closed during the summer because they had sidewalk dining space with maybe 8 small outdoor tables. Now it's getting too cold for most people to sit outdoors, even with heat lamps and such.

If Chris was a manager or has an ownership stake, likely he's still working. The restaurant is not along or just off busy King Street in Old Town, it's a few blocks away in a one-block retail strip, so doesn't get much foot traffic except from the locals. However, it's a well-to-do, very walkable neighborhood dotted with other small restaurants that have been there for years, so maybe Mixon's will stay in business through the winter if enough people do takeout and delivery. Their 'cue gets pretty good reviews. One of these days I'll pick up an order when I'm down that way and see if I can spot Chris.

Edited by RedHawk
Spelling
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Watched all of "The Christmas Lottery" last night and liked it a lot. It's better than the average TV holiday movie. I was surprised at what a good job Candiace did, she's a real actress and can be proud of this. She sings in the movie (more backup than lead) and I'm not sure her voice was actually used. I mean, CAN she sing? I haven't been impressed by her voice on the show.

ETA, of course she can be taking singing lessons and improving, as I think we saw on the show. I'm not caught up on this season. 

A bit of trivia for those watching the movie. The interior scenes for the Magnolia Corner cafe were filmed at a DC restaurant called The Coupe. I've been there often and recognized it although wouldn't have been sure except that people tweeted about it back in when they were filming. Don't know where most of the movie was filmed but our DC Mayor Bowser got first listing in the "Thank You" credits so maybe a lot of the locations were in the DC area with just skyline scenes to establish Atlanta, NYC, and Houston.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Candiace was in an episode of Family Reunion's new season playing a "Real Housewife"-type character alongside Kenya Moore and Brandi from RHoBH. Candiace was surprisingly very funny in her role. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Candiace has a new song out called "Drive Back". It's really good and she can really sing. I don't know why Bravo was being shady when it came to her singing. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2021 at 8:21 AM, spunky said:

Candiace has a new song out called "Drive Back". It's really good and she can really sing. I don't know why Bravo was being shady when it came to her singing. 

Im going to search for that.  I remember the episode where she sang and she was really good.

• Love 2
On 7/12/2021 at 8:21 AM, spunky said:

Found it on BET.com. 👍

she really is a good singer and looked great.  I didn’t understand the washing of the car partial theme lol but I’m old 😅 

Saw the other housewives and Candiaces mother - that was cute because they seem supportive...maybe the vid will be covered in an episode on the show.  The wandering eye boyfriend reminded me of Juan.   Interesting Robyn points him out. 

• Love 2
On 7/17/2021 at 3:29 PM, JonnieUniteUs said:

Found it on BET.com. 👍

she really is a good singer and looked great.  I didn’t understand the washing of the car partial theme lol but I’m old 😅 

Saw the other housewives and Candiaces mother - that was cute because they seem supportive...maybe the vid will be covered in an episode on the show.  The wandering eye boyfriend reminded me of Juan.   Interesting Robyn points him out. 

She can really sing. I think the car washing thing was a nod to some of the 90's R&B videos. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, spunky said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSYayqIAh7W/?utm_medium=copy_link

There are some crazy people walking the earth.  Candiace posted this last night.  How do you hate someone so much and you don't even know them?

This is terrible.

This person is obsessed with her and it is really scary.

I remember a really nice YouTuber I follow talking about how for every positive comment she has to delete 3 horrible ones.

I imagine that "You're so ugly, you should kill yourself" is something that trolls often aim at women because they can not stand these women are doing well.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, qtpye said:

This is terrible.

This person is obsessed with her and it is really scary.

I remember a really nice YouTuber I follow talking about how for every positive comment she has to delete 3 horrible ones.

I imagine that "You're so ugly, you should kill yourself is something that trolls often aim at women" because they can not stand these women are doing well.

What's even more sad is that she posted on Twitter, that she understands why people go crazy or feel like giving up. Right after posting how hard yesterday was. Candiace has spoken openly on her podcast about being diagnosed with anxiety and depression.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 2

I totally get Candiace can get frustrated, mean and defensive receiving all of this vitriol and while I love Karen I can see how Candiace could feel betrayed by her. 

I don't necessarily like Candiace but I feel bad for the absolute hate she receives from fans, so, in my humble opinion, she should leave the show and really concentrate on her singing/acting career because she's actually pretty good in my opinion. Sure, the show provides her with a steady paycheck and I don't see her getting fired at least for the upcoming seasons (I think Robyn is in more danger than her at least) but maybe it's time to realize that the show is not giving her any favors except for the check. 

• Love 3
On 8/10/2021 at 3:48 PM, spunky said:

What's even more sad is that she posted on Twitter, that she understands why people go crazy or feel like giving up. Right after posting how hard yesterday was. Candiace has spoken openly on her podcast about being diagnosed with anxiety and depression.

What's even more strange is that instead of blocking and deleting (something I'm sure every celebrity or well-known personality is familiar with in this day and age), she shares it as if she is the only person on tv to receive such nonsense and uses it to garner sympathy.

I'm willing to bet if she has a dr treating her anxiety issues, they've strongly suggested she leave the show. Not hang out on Twitter more trying to shame all the trolls in the world. She doesn't have much else going for her on the show, so I guess this keeps her relevant. I know if it were me, my husband would be out looking for 3 more jobs to make up the loss in salary, locked the doors to keep the filming crew out, and disconnected the internet. Because my mental health and happiness is that important to him. What he wouldn't do is say "hey I know, since you've had it so bad since you started this show, and the internet trolls are absolutely vicious, let's bring our young kids into it now". *smdh*

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I'm glad for her. She has a nice voice and the single is catchy.

Her newest single Benefits, is so good.  You can definitely tell that she's been around Tamar and Traci Braxton.

• Love 1

I love that Candiace is following her dreams (singing/acting/entertainment) and is unafraid to do her thing. I want her to win. My hope is that between the show and her other ventures she'll gain full independence.

Candiace's issues with Dot aren't just about finances; they're too enmeshed. Any woman in her 30s still getting smacked by her mama is in a toxic relationship. Period. Mama Dot was enjoying herself a little too much at that video. The fact that she engaged Karen - the woman who (allegedly!) tried to have her daughter fired - tells me all I need to know about her. I keep this relationship in mind when I watch Candi's scenes. She's doing the best she can, I think. I didn't start getting my attitude together until I was 37. Eight years later, and I'm still stumbling, getting back up and trying to lose bad habits/coping mechanisms/toxic behaviors. It's not too late for Candi.

Once Candi's able to take care of house/home/self for several quarters without mommy's help or advice, she'll probably grow more confident. I also suspect she won't be as huffy (even if she is always ready with a clap-back). She won't feel as insecure or like she has to prove something.

She's doing it!

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I love that Candiace is following her dreams (singing/acting/entertainment) and is unafraid to do her thing. I want her to win. My hope is that between the show and her other ventures she'll gain full independence.

Candiace's issues with Dot aren't just about finances; they're too enmeshed. Any woman in her 30s still getting smacked by her mama is in a toxic relationship. Period. Mama Dot was enjoying herself a little too much at that video. The fact that she engaged Karen - the woman who (allegedly!) tried to have her daughter fired - tells me all I need to know about her. I keep this relationship in mind when I watch Candi's scenes. She's doing the best she can, I think. I didn't start getting my attitude together until I was 37. Eight years later, and I'm still stumbling, getting back up and trying to lose bad habits/coping mechanisms/toxic behaviors. It's not too late for Candi.

Once Candi's able to take care of house/home/self for several quarters without mommy's help or advice, she'll probably grow more confident. I also suspect she won't be as huffy (even if she is always ready with a clap-back). She won't feel as insecure or like she has to prove something.

She's doing it!

I noticed that Candiace hasn't posted any pictures of Dorothy at her listening party or even mentioned anything about her. Maybe she's starting to create healthy boundaries. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

I noticed that Candiace hasn't posted any pictures of Dorothy at her listening party or even mentioned anything about her. Maybe she's starting to create healthy boundaries

It's time. 😊

• Love 3

Anita Baker and Cynthia Bailey just gave Candiace a shout-out about her new album.  I can't believe she was told (by I think, Ashley) that she was the least accomplished person in the cast.  I'm trying to figure out what exactly the other cast members have accomplished.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Anita Baker and Cynthia Bailey just gave Candiace a shout-out about her new album.  I can't believe she was told (by I think, Ashley) that she was the least accomplished person in the cast.  I'm trying to figure out what exactly the other cast members have accomplished.

Ashley sees marrying an "alleged" sexual predator for his money as an accomplishment. I'm so happy for Candiace, she's working hard and achieving her goals. What I like most about her is that she moves in silence. I personally would love to see her in a Tyler Perry production.

• Love 5