Type keyword(s) to search

Candiace Dillard Bassett: Ducking Purses Since 2018

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

That’s what I was thinking, why risk more legal problems to go after a real housewives husband? 

There was no proof of anything beyond what this woman was saying.

Tasha K knows how to get views and that's about it.

She is fairly entertaining...though.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
13 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

On the one hand: I don't tend to believe a word out of Tasha K's mouth. On the other hand: given the still active massive judgement against her--- she would have to be crazy to be out right lying about Candiace now.

8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

That’s what I was thinking, why risk more legal problems to go after a real housewives husband? 

Brandi Granville didn’t learn after her first lawsuit.

• Like 2
On 10/15/2023 at 3:08 AM, NowVoyager said:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/cardi-b-defamation-verdict-tasha-k-upheld-appeals-court/

Tasha K was proven to be a liar in a court of law. Rapper Cardi B has established legal precedent against her that will probably be used for generations to come. Cardi B has most likely spent well over the $4million dollars she was awarded for defamation pursuing the case; in addition, there is a fair chance she may never receive payment in full, but Cardi B has money to burn.

On the one hand: I don't tend to believe a word out of Tasha K's mouth. On the other hand: given the still active massive judgement against her--- she would have to be crazy to be out right lying about Candiace now.

Some people don't learn?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

It's like a Ponzi scheme. Sue one person in order to pay for the damages owed to another person.

Chris isn't very bright, but he's attracted to shiny things. I believe he and Candiace have reached the arrangement stage of their marriage, with a lot of mutual aggravation to boot. I can see him getting entangled with someone flashy and messy.

I don't doubt that because he is a minor so called "celebrity" women dm him, etc. 

• Like 1

I was reading an article about this mistress and apparently truth was going to be release like pics or documents. Has this happened? Not saying Chris isn’t an idiot like that but this seems insane. Also if you say you are gonna release proof then don’t that makes it look less true.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Marley said:

I was reading an article about this mistress and apparently truth was going to be release like pics or documents. Has this happened? Not saying Chris isn’t an idiot like that but this seems insane. Also if you say you are gonna release proof then don’t that makes it look less true.

Screenshot_20231017_050600_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d096cb859054608dc2740c098d82cc59.jpg

From Chris' Instagram comment section.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

If the mistress has photos now would be a good time to leak them. I tried to listen to a YouTube video of her answering questions and it was hard to follow, quality of video wasn’t good. 
I tried to find more info but there’s nothing new. I’m guessing the story is fake.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 4

Well, if it hadn't been for last season, I might put more stock into the allegations.

But between Giselle constantly moving the goalposts of "Chris made me uncomfortable", Cookie Monster being outed for her lies by production and Ashley trying to not admit her friends were lying, I tend not to believe allegations about Chris and infidelity. 

shrug.gif.c47f21c3f44e9d294978a6ab45eeb74b.gif

Sesame Street characters deserve better.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Well, if it hadn't been for last season, I might put more stock into the allegations.

But between Giselle constantly moving the goalposts of "Chris made me uncomfortable", Cookie Monster being outed for her lies by production and Ashley trying to not admit her friends were lying, I tend not to believe allegations about Chris and infidelity. 

shrug.gif.c47f21c3f44e9d294978a6ab45eeb74b.gif

Sesame Street characters deserve better.

I’m not surprised by anything but since Gizelle and Ashley came so hard for Chris, I’m hoping it’s not true and that at least one couple on the show is somewhat happy. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, dosodog said:

So.  One of Ashley's friends.

Does she look like Big Bird or Oscar the Grouch?

Maybe Ashley's group should change their names from Pretty Young Things to Stranger Things...it seems more appropriate.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

If this is fake how disgusting to go after someone like this. It’s more then just reality show fights when ppl go so far to make shit up and it makes me quit watching the show too.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Supposedly, Gizzele and Robyn were planning to spill a lot of tea on Candiace and Chris behind a Patreon paywall and are pissed that this has been exposed as false.

He starts talking about it at 24 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

Supposedly, Gizzele and Robyn were planning to spill a lot of tea on Candiace and Chris behind a Patreon paywall and are pissed that this has been exposed as false.

Whew!! That was juicy!

It's a long video. For anyone who doesn't have time to watch, another blogger (besides Tasha K) interviewed ole girl who's accusing Chris. It's giving under the influence (again) & possibly mental health issues. It's giving bald-faced lie.

I'm not particularly a fan of Chris; I'm neutral on him. If there was some factual tea, I would sip it. But, in my opinion, this whole thing should be disregarded.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 6
On 10/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, qtpye said:

Not surprised about Gizelle. She’s dying to get some real dirt on Candiace. 
But Robyn? With real photos of Juan up in the laundry mat and nail salon with another lady? Seriously? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Not surprised about Gizelle. She’s dying to get some real dirt on Candiace. 
But Robyn? With real photos of Juan up in the laundry mat and nail salon with another lady? Seriously? 

And Robyn has the reputation of being the "nice one".

She's like a much dorkier Cynthia Bailey...including the man that ain't shit.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
On 10/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, qtpye said:

Gizelle and Robyn are nasty. Always looking for dirt.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

While this lady is lying, I think Chris will eventually cheat on Candiace because a) Candiace is ambitious and he's not and men get very resentful when they feel they are being left behind and b) Chris is a "nice guy" who wants to get along and all he needs is a woman who will make him feel like The King.

If this should happen, it won't be Candiace's fault, it would be a deficiency within Chris.  The RHOP cast members want Chris to cheat on Candiace as a judgment of Candiace but when people decide to cheat on their partner, its not the partner's fault, it's something within them. 

What the RHOP cast members are doing is trying to speed up the inevitable so they can dunk on Candiace for her comments on their relationships.

The difference between her and them will be she'll be fine whether she has a man or not. We see their desperation every day.

• Like 4

I also think chris will eventually cheat. She admitted on the show that he’s mad about her blowing through their money to go on tours when she doesn’t have any hit songs and she kind of made him quit his job so he could feed her fragile ego. This sounds like a big rift.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

While this lady is lying, I think Chris will eventually cheat on Candiace because a) Candiace is ambitious and he's not and men get very resentful when they feel they are being left behind and b) Chris is a "nice guy" who wants to get along and all he needs is a woman who will make him feel like The King.

If this should happen, it won't be Candiace's fault, it would be a deficiency within Chris.  The RHOP cast members want Chris to cheat on Candiace as a judgment of Candiace but when people decide to cheat on their partner, its not the partner's fault, it's something within them. 

What the RHOP cast members are doing is trying to speed up the inevitable so they can dunk on Candiace for her comments on their relationships.

The difference between her and them will be she'll be fine whether she has a man or not. We see their desperation every day.

I had a friend who was a lawyer who supposedly married "down".

I put this in quotations because she basically married a man who made less money and was less educated than herself.  I don't know if anyone else would consider this "down" but a lot of people in her friend and family circle certainly thought she was throwing herself away.

She made the mistake of thinking that because she was the main breadwinner her husband would hold it down with the housework.

Well, she was wrong.  She was making most of the money and was responsible for most of the housework since he grew up with his mother doing most of his chores for him.

He also cheated on her because she made him feel 'inadequate". 

I like Chris but in reality, he is an older man with children by a couple of women and does not have the financially secure background that Candiace's family provides.

I imagine the two GEB think Chris is with her for the come-up and will happily go somewhere else for "comfort".

It would still make him a more caring husband than Juan or Jamal.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I think the story of Candiace wanting Chris to stay home instead of working long hours is partially a cover story, to cover up the fact Chris just isn't an ambitious guy.  He actually needs a 9 to 5 at Red Lobster or some place and do the online lessons and private gigs on the side.  I think he's trying to be more ambitious than he actually is; he has said Candiace has to push him to promote his ebooks and private classes. He could've been had a YouTube cooking channel, gotten it monetized and promoted his private lessons, private chef gigs and e-cookbook on his channel.  But he doesnt' have that drive and at his age, never will.

I believe this is what Candiace's mother sees: Chris is not ambitious or driven enough for her daughter and she wants to hurry this relationship up to its eventual and inevitable demise.  The problem is Candiace is stubborn and the more you tell her no, the more she's going to say yes.

If Mama Dorothy really wants this relationship to end, she'll learn to stop criticizing Chris and instead encourage Candiace to follow her ambitions and dreams.

Lastly, if Chris wants more money coming into the household, he needs to figure out how to make it.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I think the story of Candiace wanting Chris to stay home instead of working long hours is partially a cover story, to cover up the fact Chris just isn't an ambitious guy.  He actually needs a 9 to 5 at Red Lobster or some place and do the online lessons and private gigs on the side.  I think he's trying to be more ambitious than he actually is; he has said Candiace has to push him to promote his ebooks and private classes. He could've been had a YouTube cooking channel, gotten it monetized and promoted his private lessons, private chef gigs and e-cookbook on his channel.  But he doesnt' have that drive and at his age, never will.

I believe this is what Candiace's mother sees: Chris is not ambitious or driven enough for her daughter and she wants to hurry this relationship up to its eventual and inevitable demise.  The problem is Candiace is stubborn and the more you tell her no, the more she's going to say yes.

If Mama Dorothy really wants this relationship to end, she'll learn to stop criticizing Chris and instead encourage Candiace to follow her ambitions and dreams.

Lastly, if Chris wants more money coming into the household, he needs to figure out how to make it.  

This makes a lot of sense. Also what another poster wrote about how he is likely not very much in demand. He may be a good enough cook, but if he had any of the ambition you described, he'd be whipping up masterpieces all over RHOP. Everything I've seen is pretty basic that any serious home cook can produce. And that restaurant he claims to have "owned" was just a barbeque joint.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

This makes a lot of sense. Also what another poster wrote about how he is likely not very much in demand. He may be a good enough cook, but if he had any of the ambition you described, he'd be whipping up masterpieces all over RHOP. Everything I've seen is pretty basic that any serious home cook can produce. And that restaurant he claims to have "owned" was just a barbeque joint.

Candiace might be ambitious but she’s lacking talent. At 36 years old she’s getting kind of old to spend a lot of money on tours when she has no hit songs. She could try singing backup but she’s not humble and could never be gracious to a real singer. 
I agree Chris needs a structured job. There’s no excuse not to work. Lots of places would hire him. Candiace should not have demanded that he stay home to coddle her. Neither one seems that bright. I think between Housewives and Dorothy, Candiace should be okay unless the green eyed bandits get the best of her. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I bet Dorothy not liking Chris probably made Candiace like him even more.

Dorothy did look good in this episode.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, politichick said:

The only time he tried to present a nice dinner to the women, Candiace threw the butter knife at, and fought with Ashley. I felt bad for him. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

I bet Dorothy not liking Chris probably made Candiace like him even more.

Dorothy did look good in this episode.

When Dorothy asked Candiace if Chris was making any money, Candyass waved her arms around like her and Chris are making money from his online cooking and her “singing.” Dorothy knows that’s a real housewives house and probably partly from Dorothy herself. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The only time he tried to present a nice dinner to the women, Candiace threw the butter knife at, and fought with Ashley. I felt bad for him. 

Ashley would've gotten more than a butter knife thrown at her if she came up in MY house insulting me.  Doesn't matter if my mom paid for the house, it's MY house.  Your momma can't pay for a studio apartment for herself so what you won't do is try to school me in MY house about what my momma can do for me.

• LOL 7
14 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It’s super easy to get Candyass riled up which is why Ashley and Gizelle do it. Ashley and Gizelle on the other hand don’t let Candiaces comments bother them. Well, I take that back I do think Giselle is bothered when Candace shames her for her skin color. But that says way more about Candiace than Gizelle. Ashley doesn’t care. She’s there to stir the shit and she’s doing her job. 

14 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley would've gotten more than a butter knife thrown at her if she came up in MY house insulting me.  Doesn't matter if my mom paid for the house, it's MY house.  Your momma can't pay for a studio apartment for herself so what you won't do is try to school me in MY house about what my momma can do for me.

Ashley resents Candiace for having generous parents. She has to help her mother financially.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Ashley and Gizelle on the other hand don’t let Candiaces comments bother them. Well, I take that back I do think Giselle is bothered when Candace shames her for her skin color. But that says way more about Candiace than Gizelle. Ashley doesn’t care. She’s there to stir the shit and she’s doing her job. 

Ashley and Gizelle are very bothered by what Candiace says to and about them which is why both of them aren't engaging with her. Ashley was so bothered by Candiace's "wide body" comments she ran straight to the home gym to tighten up then got herself some bolt ons so nobody could call her wide bodied again. (She still has a wide square body...like her momma...she's just shorter and smaller than Sheila...it is what it is).

Gizelle went to production on Candiace for the $900K tear down cabin remark and got production to force Candiace to apologize to Gizelle on camera for that remark.

And the sad thing is, Candiace could say a LOT more to and about them.  And they (especially Gizelle) know this which is why both of them have decided NOT to engage with Candiace at all in any way, form or fashion this season.

Both Ashley & Gizelle are bothered that Candiace is paying them dust, too.  They both pretend it's them icing her out when she stuck them in the freezer first. Ashley was bothered when Candiace sent her that text telling her not to talk to her anymore.

9 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Ashley resents Candiace for having generous parents. She has to help her mother financially.

Ashley will never see it for Candiace because Candiace has the one thing Ashley wishes she had: A mom who takes care of her.  Ashley will never have that.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley and Gizelle are very bothered by what Candiace says to and about them which is why both of them aren't engaging with her. Ashley was so bothered by Candiace's "wide body" comments she ran straight to the home gym to tighten up then got herself some bolt ons so nobody could call her wide bodied again. (She still has a wide square body...like her momma...she's just shorter and smaller than Sheila...it is what it is).

Gizelle went to production on Candiace for the $900K tear down cabin remark and got production to force Candiace to apologize to Gizelle on camera for that remark.

And the sad thing is, Candiace could say a LOT more to and about them.  And they (especially Gizelle) know this which is why both of them have decided NOT to engage with Candiace at all in any way, form or fashion this season.

Both Ashley & Gizelle are bothered that Candiace is paying them dust, too.  They both pretend it's them icing her out when she stuck them in the freezer first. Ashley was bothered when Candiace sent her that text telling her not to talk to her anymore.

Ashley will never see it for Candiace because Candiace has the one thing Ashley wishes she had: A mom who takes care of her.  Ashley will never have that.

True, Ashley was bothered for being body shamed not long after having a baby. Most women would be. 
It’s good that Dorothy cares for her daughter. Since she’s wasting her money trying to be a singer and Chris only works a little, she’s going to need her.

• Like 1