Type keyword(s) to search

Candiace Dillard Bassett: Ducking Purses Since 2018

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Did someone post this already? Candiace's full video:

It looks better than I thought it would. Her vocals sound great.

I love the fact that her shirt (vintage?) looks like it is a JCC, (Jewish Community Center), bowling team.

I agree, her voice is not bad, (how much studio mixing magic is involved?) and that there was a decent amount of production value, good for Candiace.

• Love 6
On 10/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, spunky said:

Appreciate you 😊

I'm as confused as you are. But let Yvette Nicole Brown tell it, Gizelle is the star.

I watched the 30 minute episode. Eva was terrific, Candiace was overacting. After watching it twice to see if Gizelle was a fly on the wall, I never saw her so I thought maybe someone confused Eva for Gizille, but I come back here and she is still mentioned. 

My recording cut off right at the end when the other lady is holding out her hand and telling Eva "we are twins again". Did Gizelle make a cameo after that? I'm going to record it again tonight and extend the time just to be sure. There's also an episode following it, so I'll record that. Maybe she's in a different episode.

I am also confused.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I watched the 30 minute episode. Eva was terrific, Candiace was overacting. After watching it twice to see if Gizelle was a fly on the wall, I never saw her so I thought maybe someone confused Eva for Gizille, but I come back here and she is still mentioned. 

My recording cut off right at the end when the other lady is holding out her hand and telling Eva "we are twins again". Did Gizelle make a cameo after that? I'm going to record it again tonight and extend the time just to be sure. There's also an episode following it, so I'll record that. Maybe she's in a different episode.

I am also confused.

It was two short stories, they just didn't say that until the day before. Candiace was in the first one and Gizelle was in the movie starting at 8:30. Candiace was great in her Christmas movie and on Family Reunion. I guess a better comedic and romantic actor.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 3
On 10/10/2021 at 7:44 PM, spunky said:

It was two short stories, they just didn't say that until the day before. Candiace was in the first one and Gizelle was in the movie starting at 8:30. Candiace was great in her Christmas movie and on Family Reunion. I guess a better comedic and romantic actor.

I finally got around to watching the episode. Yvette had a cameo in the episode so I guess that's why Gizelle got the "star" compliment. However Gizelle was natural in her role. She was much less amateurish in her role than Candiace was in hers. But Candiace's episode was better written and directed.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I finally got around to watching the episode. Yvette had a cameo in the episode so I guess that's why Gizelle got the "star" compliment. However Gizelle was natural in her role. She was much less amateurish in her role than Candiace was in hers. But Candiace's episode was better written and directed.

I agree with that. Candiace's character was written as the obnoxious,  vain, self centered friend. Maybe her overacting was her interpretation of what those characteristics are. She seems more natural in her romantic and comedic roles.

• Love 3

Chris just did a four and a half hour interview with Alex Salter on YouTube. 

1. Chris is from a wealthy family,  but his dad still made him work for whatever he wanted. 

2. The first time he met Candiace she was busy and basically blew him off ( he was her boss). He was the H&M manager for that restaurant and another restaurant. She just won the Miss United States pagent at that time. 

3. Once Candiace got promoted to the Director of Sales and Marketing, she started working at the other location. They started becoming friends but his divorce wasn't finalized as yet ( still her boss). 

4. When he first asked her out she told him she doesn't date men who are divorced with children.  They remained friends for 4 years.  When she launched her pagent consulting business, he took her out to dinner to celebrate and they've been together ever since. 

5. He's happy she initially shut him down because he was not ready to be in a committed relationship at that time. 

6. His first marriage ended because he spent more time working on his career than his marriage.  He had bad communication skills.

7. Candiace wears her emotions on her sleeves which taught him to be a better communicator.

8. Candiace is loyal to a fault and would only stop being loyal once you hurt her. 

9. He is a dreamer and Candiace supports all of his ideas even if they're dumb.

10. He admitted that he was drunk during the couples trip and he should not have become physically aggressive with Candiace. 

11. He wanted to remove her from the situation because he knew that the other women love to twist everything she says. 

12. He doesn't hate Michael, but doesn't want to be his friend either.  He just wants to coexist peacefully.

13. Candiace has been pushing him to use the RHOP platform to grow his business, but he didn't listen.  Kandi and Todd agreed with her.

14. He was not surprised by Dorothy's behavior,  but disappointed. He encouraged Candiace to continue being respectful of her mother even though she was wrong,  because that's how he was raised. 

15. Candiace has a great relationship with his two children,  especially his daughter. He thinks she would be a great mother,  but wishes she felt the same way. 

16. They do want children and have a timeline. 

17. He does private catering events,  teaches online courses,  is a restaurant consultant and now has a tik tok.

18. Candiace didn't reach out to Kandi, because she didn't want to come across as thirsty. One of her team members took her phone and sent Kandi a dm.

19. He likes to gamble and gives himself a limit. He loves to play spades but not the white people version (his words).

20. He said Candiace goes after what she wants which is one of the reasons why he loves her. He also gave her a timeline to use the RHOP platform to push her projects. 

ETA:

21. If business opportunities present themselves for both Candiace and himself, he's willing to move to Atlanta. 

22. Candiace and Kenya are friendly after filming Family Reunion together.  He doesn't think the franchise is ready for a Kenya/Candiace collaboration.

23. He shut the other ladies down at the reunion.

24.  He cursed out a producer for how they edited the filming of Candiace's video. She was not calling him because she knew he was teaching,  she was calling the person responsible for the cars. He apologized to the producer later. 

25. He was nasty to Wendy at the video shoot because he was angry. He later apologized to her. 

26. He has a drink in his hand during filming because he's shy and doesn't like being on camera.

27. Gordon apologized to him for Mia's tweets insinuating they had sex. Gordon isn't that bad he just loves being on camera.  He's close friends with Wendy/Eddie,  Askale/Dre because Candiace is close friends with them.

28. Candiace is realizing who are her friends on the show. 

29. Monique did not make him or her cousin sign a release before they jumped off the balcony. He did it because he likes the adrenaline rush of jumping off of high places and because he was told no a lot as a child. He's still friends with her cousin Hank.

30. He's well connected in the DMV area and used those connections to get Candiace onto panels and other opportunities. 

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

I really disliked Candiace for her first seasons. She was an annoying, privileged princess. I only started watching Potomac a few monts ago and I'm now up to the current season. And I am shocked to say this, but I think Candiace has grown a bit and therapy has really worked for her, and I have to say I'm proud how she's handling things these days. (I'm up to episode 9 or so, it's the trip Candiace is hosting.)

I think Chris is one of the nicest and most supportive husbands on the whole franchise: that is the kind of man I would be happy to have. He checks her out when needed but also has her back. Candiace is really lucky to have him.

Even if I haven't always liked Candiace, I have always loved her voice, and I always enjoyed her singing commentary. I found out about her album yesterday and I listened to it on Spotify and I have to say I liked it. Good job, Candiace! I wish her all the best in her music endeavours. 

Edited by Glama
Grammar
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, spunky said:

Chris just did a four and a half hour interview with Alex Salter on YouTube. 

1. Chris is from a wealthy family,  but his dad still made him work for whatever he wanted. 

What is his father's name? How was this wealth derived?

Do tell. Please.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, StillHere said:

Do tell. Please.

Lol, he kept all of that information under wraps. All he said was he didn't know they had money until he was an adult. His dad and stepmother live in Florida. His parents want nothing to do with the show because they signed a release for the wedding and all the show focused on were Gizelle and Monique's beef.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, spunky said:

Lol, he kept all of that information under wraps. All he said was he didn't know they had money until he was an adult. His dad and stepmother live in Florida. His parents want nothing to do with the show because they signed a release for the wedding and all the show focused on were Gizelle and Monique's beef.

What's the big secret? Was he disowned?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, spunky said:

In his defense the interviewer didn't ask him, how his parents got their wealth. 

So, dude spent 4 hours talking to Brown Dick but didn't get basic information about his subject and background. Sounds like a stimulanting interview.

• LOL 9
44 minutes ago, StillHere said:

So, dude spent 4 hours talking to Brown Dick but didn't get basic information about his subject and background. Sounds like a stimulanting interview.

He was busy getting info about how the Bassetts met, their marriage, when are they having a baby ,gossiping about the show and answering fan questions.  Plus Chris is long-winded, it took him 20 minutes to tell us how he and Candiace met.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Candiace just did a live with Q Parker from 112 about their song, “Benefits the remix”. They met 3 years ago in DC and exchanged information. They’ve been in contact with each other ever since. When he heard Benefits he called Candiace and asked her to send the song to him. He wrote his verse and then sent it to her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2021 at 1:22 PM, StillHere said:

Do tell. Please.

Do we know where his family is from? The Bassett Furniture company (which is listed on the NASDAQ) is one of the oldest furniture manufacturers in Virginia, established in 1902 according to Wikipedia. I think when Candiace was introduced there was some speculation that he was from that family, but then others said that he was not. 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Do we know where his family is from? The Bassett Furniture company (which is listed on the NASDAQ) is one of the oldest furniture manufacturers in Virginia, established in 1902 according to Wikipedia. I think when Candiace was introduced there was some speculation that he was from that family, but then others said that he was not. 

My understanding is that his folks are from WV and not VA. I believe, based on the previews that he's going to talk more about his background during the reunion. I would say generally that some of what is posted on Primetimer about him (deadbeat baby daddy being the biggest one) seems not to be true, or at least requires some detail and nuance. According to his public statements was married to the mother of the (two??) youngest kid(s) and was divorcing when he and Candiace first met. That deadbeat comment seems to have come from Candiace's comment that he'd be a "deadbeat like his daddy", and has stuck firmly to him since that time. What I'm not clear on is whether his folks had true generational wealth, or simply were in the "average white family has 10X the wealth of the average black family" bucket. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Chris is from Virginia. 

• Useful 1

Chris' family may not have liked him hanging out with black/non-white people and cut him off.  Maybe not disowned him but more of "why are you hanging around with those people?"  He might have gotten the Prince Harry treatment.

31 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Chris' family may not have liked him hanging out with black/non-white people and cut him off.  Maybe not disowned him but more of "why are you hanging around with those people?"  He might have gotten the Prince Harry treatment.

He said on one of his lives that his family accepted her immediately. His family doesn't like the show because they tricked them into signing a release so that they could be filmed during the wedding, but instead focused on the Gizelle/Monique fued. Plus they don't want their business on the show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Aren’t two of his children part Hispanic?

I think it is a big leap to infer this in general as we really don’t know much/or really anything about the family at all. That’s just my perspective.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, spunky said:

He said on one of his lives that his family accepted her immediately. His family doesn't like the show because they tricked them into signing a release so that they could be filmed during the wedding, but instead focused on the Gizelle/Monique fued. Plus they don't want their business on the show.

So ... what does Monique and Gizelle's issues have to do with his parents ??? His parents thought the show would be about them? This makes zero sense.

• Love 4
Just now, StillHere said:

So ... what does Monique and Gizelle's issues have to do with his parents ??? His parents thought the show would be about them? This makes zero sense.

It seems like they were under the impression that Bravo would focus more on the wedding as a whole and less on all the extra drama. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, spunky said:

It seems like they were under the impression that Bravo would focus more on the wedding as a whole and less on all the extra drama. 

Is BRAVO not part of their cable package….

• LOL 10
8 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Is BRAVO not part of their cable package….

I thought the same thing. Then I thought about it from their perspective.  They probably just heard "the wedding would be featured on the show" and thought the entire wedding would be shown.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well, we know these allegedly wealthy parents didn't fork over anything for the honeymoon.

I think the problem is that Chris wants to get credit for pitching in financially for his family but there seems to be no evidence of him doing that.

1. Candiace probably makes good money from the show and that is probably funding her music career.

2. Dorothy makes good money from investments and probably helped pay for that large house. I think she is or was married to doctors.  She also is a therapist and that can be lucrative.

This is fine. Chris seems like a hella nice guy and if Candiace likes it, I love it.

However, we are not stupid enough to believe that he can contribute to the upper-middle-class/ financially comfortable lifestyle where can work sporadically and stop in the middle of the day for drinks.

There is nothing wrong with what Chris is doing and maybe his online cooking or his other ventures will take off one day. Personally, I just do not really see him having the hustle to do so but he could prove me wrong.

However, he is just like Mia pretending to be a "boss bitch".  We know you married up financially (to a woman who was at that time, largely supported by her mama) and he should just own it.

• Love 4

I think Candiace is way better off with Chris contributing to her emotional well-being than their bottom line if they are comfortable with their financial situation.

But it really does seem like a full-time job.....

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 11/8/2021 at 9:24 AM, qtpye said:

However, we are not stupid enough to believe that he can contribute to the upper-middle-class/ financially comfortable lifestyle where can work sporadically and stop in the middle of the day for drinks.

I lived with this exact situation throughout the pandemic. Naps, golf, and late afternoon drinks all while holding down a full-time gig. It is absolutely possible. We don't have the faintest idea of what that man was or was not doing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

I lived with this exact situation throughout the pandemic. Naps, golf, and late afternoon drinks all while holding down a full-time gig. It is absolutely possible. We don't have the faintest idea of what that man was or was not doing. 

Then his issue should be with the show who insists on always painting him as a deadbeat who does very little.

My friend who does not watch the show but sometimes humors me by watching with me made an interesting point.

She says though Candiace and Ashley are both married to white men...they talk to them very differently.

She said Ashley talks to Michael like he is the boss and Candiace talks to Chris like he is the help.

Again, none of us know what is going on and can only go off what they let us see.

• Love 5

Chris did an Instagram live  last night about the show/comments on the internet.

1. The Townhouse was purchased by Dorothy and Candiace as an investment property. He wanted to live with Candiace when they first started dating.  Since he was renting she told him to move in with her, because she didn't want to pay rent and a mortgage. He helped with some bills but did not contribute to the mortgage at first because he didn't know where the relationship was going. Once they married he began paying a portion of the mortgage.  Once the home built enough equity,  Candiace and her mom sold it. 

2. Candiace has other investment properties, she just doesn't speak about it on the show.

3. The $900,000 tear down comment was in response to Gizelle running around saying that they weren't able to buy a home.

4. For whatever reason the show only focuses on their disagreements, but never focuses on when they're having a good time together.  Which is most of the time.

5. He's told Candiace to stfu on camera before, they just didn't show it.  He apologized after. She also apologized for telling him to stfu. 

6. He's been with Candiace since 2016, and they've always been passionate when they're having a disagreement.  They're working on their communication skills.

7. He was trying to remove Candiace from the argument with Ashley because he knew the other women would turn her words against her. He wasn't angry about what she was saying.  He was angry that she gave Ashley what she was looking for.

8. The show decided to focus on his drinking this season.  Candiace's comments were her trying to warn him that they would make him look like an alcoholic. He always has 2-3 drinks a day and Candiace is fine with it.

9. He gained 15-20 pounds because he's in a happy marriage.  He can't say the same for the other people who are commenting on his weight.

10. He addressed the liking Black women comment. He doesn't really have a type, he's dated all types of women with the exception of Eastern European. His ex-wife is half Mexican. His elementary school teacher was Black and looking back ,he now realizes he had a crush on her. His first experience with multiple ethnicities was in middle school, because his elementary school was all White. His first day of middle school he walked into the class and saw a Black girl and he thought she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen in his life.

11. Candiace has calmed him down and removed him from bad situations. She's actually more level headed than he is.

12. He doesn't want to be friends with Michael,  he just wants to peacefully coexist. He can get over things in 5 minutes,  whereas Candiace needs more time. Candiace over analyzes things which makes her hold onto them longer. 

13. Her sister just moved in with them.  Candiace is helping her sister build a house as an investment. He knows how much people hate seeing dark skinned black women benefit from generational wealth.

14. The show is colorist. Everyone but Candiace and Wendy can say and do whatever they please and get away with it. Only Candiace and Wendy are called "aggressive and ferocious".

15. Mia's online comment insinuating that they had a sexual encounter, just makes  her look stupid.  She's basically saying that she cheated on her husband. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, qtpye said:

She said Ashley talks to Michael like he is the boss and Candiace talks to Chris like he is the help.

Michael is the boss...as Candiace said, he's the slave driver because he drives his slave.

This is a guy who wouldn't let his wife have international on her phone, who fired her on her day off and who booted both her and her mother out of their residences to teach Ashley a lesson about her smart mouth.

Yeah, Ashley's going to talk to Michael like he's the boss because he is.

Candiace talks to Chris like the help because he is the help.  He's definitely not the boss (and that's ok).

15 minutes ago, spunky said:

7. He was trying to remove Candiace from the argument with Ashley because he knew the other women would turn her words against her. He wasn't angry about what she was saying.  He was angry that she gave Ashley what she was looking for.

He's trying to put it off on Candiace when HE is the one who gave Ashley what she was looking for.  He should not have engaged with Ashley in any way whatsoever when she started up at the table.  It's natural to want to defend your partner but part of that is seeing the pothole in the role before you get to it and swerve around it instead of running into it.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Michael is the boss...as Candiace said, he's the slave driver because he drives his slave.

This is a guy who wouldn't let his wife have international on her phone, who fired her on her day off and who booted both her and her mother out of their residences to teach Ashley a lesson about her smart mouth.

Yeah, Ashley's going to talk to Michael like he's the boss because he is.

Candiace talks to Chris like the help because he is the help.  He's definitely not the boss (and that's ok).

He's trying to put it off on Candiace when HE is the one who gave Ashley what she was looking for.  He should not have engaged with Ashley in any way whatsoever when she started up at the table.  It's natural to want to defend your partner but part of that is seeing the pothole in the role before you get to it and swerve around it instead of running into it.

I agree he should have ignored Ashley.  Someone said that to him in the comments. He said he was drunk.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, spunky said:

Chris did an Instagram live  last night about the show/comments on the internet.

14. The show is colorist. Everyone but Candiace and Wendy can say and do whatever they please and get away with it. Only Candiace and Wendy are called "aggressive and ferocious".

I FLUV that the Brilliant Mind of Chris Bassett has weighed in on the colorism debate.

For shit and giggles, ... did he identify the perpetrators of said colorism?

Is it …

Our Little Candiace’s castmates? If so, which ones?

Andy? Bravo? The producers at Truly Original? 

PLEASE, do tell!

• Useful 2

I FLUV that the Brilliant Mind of Chris Bassett has weighed in on the colorism debate.

For shit and giggles, ... did he identify the perpetrators of said colorism?

Is it …

Our Little Candiace’s castmates? If so, which ones?

Andy? Bravo? The producers at Truly Original? 

PLEASE, do tell!

Mainly Ashley , Karen and Gizelle.  He said Ashley could basically get away with murder, because she can say whatever she wants and no one says anything. He called out the fact that she made fun of Katie's mental health and all was forgiven after she made a fake apology.  Karen called Gizelle a broken whore from Hampton University and everyone taught it was funny. Gizelle instigates stuff with Candiace and Wendy, but then wants to police how they respond.  

He also called out Andy for sitting there like a wallflower while Erika yelled at and threatened people,  but had all that anger toward Candiace.  He also noted that Andy didn't dare raise his voice at Candiace while he was present.

He said if Candiace did any of those things Gizelle and Ashley would be calling her aggressive and ferocious. 

I'll also add Mia to the list. Ashley and Gizelle made fun of her being a stripper, her vaginal surgeries and her hands and feet. But she only went after Wendy, Candiace and Askale, the three dark skinned women,  on Twitter. 

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, spunky said:

Mainly Ashley , Karen and Gizelle...I'll also add Mia to the list.

The colorism on RHOP is dismissed by either the cast members who benefit from it or from viewers who don't like particular cast mates.

Ashley gets a double boost by "being a MOM(tm)" so not only does she get to escape accountability with many of the viewers, she uses "being a mom" to escape accountability with the cast.

It was implied by Gizelle that Karen didn't want Wendy on the cast because Wendy "didn't have the right look."

And before anyone says "But Karen & Gizelle have dark skinned daughters and Karen, Gizelle and Mia have dark skinned husbands so they can't be colorist," Thomas Jefferson didn't think black people were equal to white people but he made several children with a black woman.  Strom Thurmond too.

We could go in further about Karen, Gizelle & Mia having dark skinned husbands but this is the Candiace forum.

The colorism goes the other way as well because many of the viewers did not like how light complected this cast was and have extra dislike towards Robyn & Gizelle because they are light skinned with green eyes.

Candiace gets a lot of hate because of what she does and says, not her skin color.  But what makes it a case of colorism is when Ashley or Mia or Gizelle do the same things  and it's excused/dismissed by the same people who want the ultimate punishment for Candiace (or Wendy).

For example:

When Candiace said Mia's mother was low budget, cast & viewers alike were clutching their pearls.  How dare you say something like that! they said to Candiace.  It's so hurtful, it's beyond the pale! What a terrible person with a nasty mouth! they said.

Ok, Candiace was wrong.

Ashley asks Mia if G has Alzheimers. 

Crickets.

No cast clutching their pearls, no viewers demanding Ashley be fired.  No outrage from Karen, who had at least one parent die of Alzheimers and whose husband is only a few years older than G. We're not going to see Andy Cohen drag Ashley for the next couple of years about making that Alzheimers remark, we're not going to Mia claim Ashley drove G into Alzheimers.

The lack of outrage towards Ashley's actions is what makes the situation with Candiace colorist.

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Mainly Ashley , Karen and Gizelle. 

But I thought he said THE SHOW is colorist? That these 3 cast members specific are colorists is a different argument.

Homeboy better slow his roll. He don't want this kind of heat with the ladies. 

Edited by StillHere
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, StillHere said:

But I thought he said THE SHOW is colorist? That these 3 cast members specific are colorists is a different argument.

Homeboy better slow his roll. He don't want this kind of heat with the ladies. 

He really doesn't seem to care anymore. Especially after Gizelle, Candiace and Ashley went out to dinner,  just days before Gizelle said she can't shop with Candiace anymore because she's broke, while on The Real. He said not only did she claim Candiace was broke on The Real, she's shading Candiace in all her interviews.  She's probably hoping for a response so that she has a storyline next season.  Meanwhile Candiace is not giving her any attention. 

55 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

The colorism on RHOP is dismissed by either the cast members who benefit from it or from viewers who don't like particular cast mates.

Ashley gets a double boost by "being a MOM(tm)" so not only does she get to escape accountability with many of the viewers, she uses "being a mom" to escape accountability with the cast.

It was implied by Gizelle that Karen didn't want Wendy on the cast because Wendy "didn't have the right look."

And before anyone says "But Karen & Gizelle have dark skinned daughters and Karen, Gizelle and Mia have dark skinned husbands so they can't be colorist," Thomas Jefferson didn't think black people were equal to white people but he made several children with a black woman.  Strom Thurmond too.

We could go in further about Karen, Gizelle & Mia having dark skinned husbands but this is the Candiace forum.

The colorism goes the other way as well because many of the viewers did not like how light complected this cast was and have extra dislike towards Robyn & Gizelle because they are light skinned with green eyes.

Candiace gets a lot of hate because of what she does and says, not her skin color.  But what makes it a case of colorism is when Ashley or Mia or Gizelle do the same things  and it's excused/dismissed by the same people who want the ultimate punishment for Candiace (or Wendy).

For example:

When Candiace said Mia's mother was low budget, cast & viewers alike were clutching their pearls.  How dare you say something like that! they said to Candiace.  It's so hurtful, it's beyond the pale! What a terrible person with a nasty mouth! they said.

Ok, Candiace was wrong.

Ashley asks Mia if G has Alzheimers. 

Crickets.

No cast clutching their pearls, no viewers demanding Ashley be fired.  No outrage from Karen, who had at least one parent die of Alzheimers and whose husband is only a few years older than G. We're not going to see Andy Cohen drag Ashley for the next couple of years about making that Alzheimers remark, we're not going to Mia claim Ashley drove G into Alzheimers.

The lack of outrage towards Ashley's actions is what makes the situation with Candiace colorist.

I agree.  We all know if Candiace made that Alzheimers comment the entire cast would've jumped down her throat with both feet  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, spunky said:

He really doesn't seem to care anymore. Especially after Gizelle, Candiace and Ashley went out to dinner,  just days before Gizelle said she can't shop with Candiace anymore because she's broke, while on The Real. He said not only did she claim Candiace was broke on The Real, she's shading Candiace in all her interviews.  She's probably hoping for a response so that she has a storyline next season.  Meanwhile Candiace is not giving her any attention. 

I think the squabbles with cast members actually hurts Chris a lot more than Candiace.  He feels he's being nice to them, they're friends but then he turns on the tv, turns on the social media and they're shading Candiace, they're shading him, they're insulting him etc.

He wants to be friends with these people but these people are not his friends.  Candiace is learning that and it's high time Chris learn that too.

• Love 4