Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Not So Model Behavior

• Start Topic

It’s fashion week in NYC. Sonja is preparing for her "Sonja, by Sonja Morgan" fashion show and the ladies sit front row for Tinsley’s big return to the runway. Luann plans her new cabaret show, “Marry, F, Kill,” while Leah fears that Sonja resents her for comments she made.

Airs April 30, 2020.

• Love 1
(edited)

Real question. Do we think Sonja's nose is real? It is so narrow. 

I'm with Tinsley, a crown is pretty awesome.

Good God, Dorinda was being a bitch with her Disney themed comment.

Ramona was the less offensive one with her comment that the clothes aren't her thing. Totally understandable, but I liked them and Tin's looked great!

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Real question. Do we think Sonja's nose is real? It is so narrow. 

I'm with Tinsley, a crown is pretty awesome.

Good God, Dorinda was being a bitch with her Disney themed comment.

I’m sure at some point Sonja has had some work done, they all have.

I really think Dorinda is going thru the change that’s one of the reasons she’s being so bitchy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Haha “part of being in the industry is, we support each other.”  Right, Sonja.   And on the phone all the time.  Why isn’t she with her people, working on her show???

• Love 12

Oh that’s rich, Moaner complaining about Sonja on her phone during the show. It was rude, but remember when Moaner was talking during that one event where the young lady was getting an award? 

Just now, RedDelicious said:

Melissa Gorga sitting with the NY wives. Also were those the Hilton sisters on the end on the other side?

One of them. Nicky. 

• Love 9

I thought Sonja’s fashion took off last year when she bought clothing from off shore, marked it up and then resold it under her brand.  Sonja wore a cute white lacy coverup at Barbara’s clam bake last year.  I thought she was selling that for $70 on her website and people found it other places for under $20.  The other 2 featured designers, actually show things designed and made specifically for their brand.  
Tinsley looked cute.  Glad the ladies supported her for once.

• Love 14

Sonja, I don’t care about your fashions at all, whether Sonja by Sonja Morgan, Sonja by Slutty Mistress, or Sonja by Stolen Money.  It all looks the same to me—it’s ugly and basic, much like Luann’s line from a few seasons ago.  Sonja’s the bitch who bilked investors out of millions of dollars for a movie that never got made.  She has no attention span or head for business and I predict they will all continue to fail.  She looked so awful in that blue dress with the polka dots.  Fifty-five going on 70 ain’t no joke. 

Tinsley gets way too earsplitting over a crown for someone her age.  It’s not endearing.  There is something so wrong in the dynamic between her and Dale and her crying and calling Dale “mommy.”  How did this woman ever run a business or a household?  How many seasons is her storyline going to be “trying to break back into New York”?  She’s going on her fourth.  Isn’t it time to either have re-arrived or move onto something else?  I liked the dress and the sneakers, though it could have been tailored better at the top.  

Ramona, Sonja, and Dorinda looked like old biddies going to watch Tinsley walk.  Leah apparently forgot to wear a top, and Luann looked good.  I’m not sure I’ll love long hair on her forever, but at least she’s not stuck in the same exact look forever (ahem, rest of the cast).  That gold statement necklace was brutally ugly.  

Ramona is so fucking rude asking someone to step off the step and repeat more than once.  Who is she?

If Tinsley stained the linens, I am shocked she didn’t buy Ramona a new set.  Her manners are usually impeccable.  Dabbing it up, hiding it with a magazine, and leaving the tissue on the vanity instead of throwing it out is gross frat house behavior.  Then she put down the quality of the bedspread in her talking head?  She is acting just as rude as the rest.  I’m surprised. 

No one, save for Luann, who is freaking aging in reverse and it’s scary, looked good at Pamela Rolland either.  This cast used to be so put-together; what happened?  What does it say that Melissa Gorga looked twice as chic as anyone else?? Sonja was being so rude.  Unlike Tinsley, though, that’s completely expected.  

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That wasn't trashed. Shut up Sonja. Shut uuuuup. Tins should have thrown out her trash, but still shut up Moaner.

No kidding.  I can’t believe we didn’t get a flashback to Dorinda’s walls after Ramona pulled the lights off the wall or whatever she did.

• Love 20

Lu is definitely interested in how Leah started drinking again. If Lu were to say now, I don't think I'm an alcoholic and she drinks again, whatever. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Love 3

Did Ramona order every last oyster in New York?

Just wave the waitstaff over and order some more.

Dorinda is just a bundle of teeth grinding so far this season.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Actually, Leah you did kind of go to a dark place, throwing the tiki torches like...you thought you were in an episode of Games of Thrones?

Well I think Dorinda and Ramona sort of qualify as Dragons. It’s easy to see how she got confused.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

It's almost as blinding as her bronzer...

Right, all the contouring, highlighting and drawn on brows going on these days.  I can only imagine what they look like in person.

• Love 8

I’m with Ramona at the lunch where she went ahead and ordered.  I have been out with a group of women who keep talking and talking and I am starving and want to order!  THEN we can talk!   😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

First time I've really noticed the dark haired lady who has been mentioned her that has been in every episode. 

"If I don't go to a party I don't see John." Dorinda. I can see that from her and John's perspective. Why would he want to be with her, and it backs up his attention seeking thing. 

• Love 1

Leah parents’ problem is that they can’t see her as someone who is no longer a teen in 1999?  Talk about deflection.  She drank and it wasn’t remotely ok, and it’s on TV and she has a young daughter.  But it’s their problem that they can’t accept that she’s a “mature” 37 year old woman?  Whatever the voices in her head tell her.  

I don’t care about Leah’s business.  It sounds like bullshit and spin.  I never heard of it and if I don’t know whether it’s making money and whether she has good ideas, I’d rather move on.  All I heard was, “I piss standing up like a man and I thought I could brand that with money I got in a settlement.”  She’s trying way too hard.

Rob seemed nice.  He lives with Leah?  At least they’re not having sex.  I wouldn’t wish that on him.  And it seems as if the child has one seemingly stable parent, which is also good.  

So John went to an event without Dorinda and she’s mad?  Dorinda, have you met yourself?  All you’ve ever said is that you want space from John and you go and do things on your own.  It was only a matter of time before John picked up on Dorinda’s arms’-length attitude and made himself scarce.  And then she seemed befuddled that John did show up, as if by wizardry.  

Sonja is at the point where she always seems drunk, even when she’s not.  I believe the scientific term for that is wet brain.  Rather than tallying up all of the unpleasant ways she acts, I will just say that it is unpleasant for me to watch her every time she’s on the screen. I really wish she’d go away to dry up somewhere.  I have no idea how anyone can stand being around her, probably more than any other Housewife on any franchise.  

If Sonja actually sent Leah that ugly outfit to sabotage Leah, that is funny.  I agree with Tinsley, though, that it’s not Sonja being passive-aggressive, it’s just Sonja not taking care with something.  

Glad Ramona called Sonja out on not being a designer.  What’s her part in this then?  Is she a buyer?  And then, if she is, who is her target audience?  I had this same question about Melissa Gorga on RHNJ.  What is the fashion show for?  Press?  Wouldn’t social media have much less overhead?  Not that she’s spending anything on drinks.  

A fashion show with no runway or light and less than 100 people in attendance.  Just what I would have expected. 

Leah bringing the outfit into the show was so Aviva circa season six though.  She’s trying to have a moment by throwing a leg or shoving a bag at someone.  Brava.  

Sonja, as Jill would have said, “put on a brar.”  I’m not sure that Leah even realized that Sonja also sabotaged the outfit by sending her the wrong size.  Leah texted Sonja that she was a “size 2/4” and Sonja sent her something much closer to a 10.  

This episode was so bad.  I wasn’t entertained.  I kept looking at the clock to see when it would be over.  Next week don’t look so hot either.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, those gray PJ’s are basically what I’ve been wearing in quarantine for the past 45 days. And I don’t mean that in a good way. Strange fashion show, and Sonja was worried about the flower arrangements. 
I’ve warmed up a bit about Leah, I’ll take her over the new Bev Hills HW Sutton.

Edited by Straycat80
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12