Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Not So Model Behavior

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Thumper said:

Oh, Lu, always being Lu.  Of course you can just have a hairstylist WHO IS THERE FOR THE MODELS stop to do your hair.  I didn’t notice any difference in her hair anyway.  Self importance.

Did she even tip the guy? He looked pissed...I would be too if some entitled faux Countess waltzed into where I was working and asked for a blowdry and style without being a part of the fashion show. What a nerve.

• Love 11

Tinsley was right about the fashion show or maybe it was someone else that said it.  Schlocky and second rate. No music? No introduction? Just shove the models out there and start walkin'. Sonja does everything half ass. 

• Love 20
16 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I feel bad for John Mahdessian. He seems like a nice enough person. He’s social. Why shouldn’t he go to parties he’s invited to? I don’t get the pickup vibe from him. I never, ever liked Kristen Taekman either. If he was hot she wouldn’t have had a problem with him shimmying and having a little fun dancing when they were at that party. If I’m remembering it correctly. Same with Tinsley. If he was hot she wouldn’t care if he was sweaty. 

I think Leah’s cashmere sweat suit was probably Cashmink like the scarves ☺️ And yeah those were tooootally grocery store flowers. They were pretty though.

Dorinda is probably going through the change and her head has left her body. I feel like all of these women went way off the rails when it happened to them, save for Leah and Tinsley. I shudder to think about how it’s going to affect Bethenny. I’m infinitely glad we won’t have to watch it unfold on RHoNY!!

Oh! The hair stylist was SO visibly annoyed doing Luann’s hair. What a jerk she was. 

PSA:  I follow a cashmere site called NAADAM and they have cashmere sweat suits on their site.  Look cozy.   Reading the rest of the posts before commenting more...

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:
8 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Was it my imagination,  or did someone originally think Beyonce was on Leah's dress?

Yes, someone asked if it was Beyonce!  I can't remember who said it though.

I believe it was Sonja.  Considering it was Lil' Kim's mugshot taken several faces ago I will give Sonja a partial pass on not recognizing it was her. Substituting another famous woman of color is up for discussion though.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Tinsley was right about the fashion show or maybe it was someone else that said it.  Schlocky and second rate. No music? No introduction? Just shove the models out there and start walkin'.

I think the most telling thing was when Ramona very adamantly insisted that it was not a fashion show which gives us the biggest indication that it was probably not  part of actual Fashion Week at all.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mar said:

I haven’t read any of the earlier posts yet because I’m still in the middle of watching the show, but why is Dorinda getting so many talking head interviews? Is she supposed to be the new Bethenny?

I really wish they wouldn't because each time I can't concentrate on what she is saying because I am horrified anew by her terrible, shiny make-up and pink lips.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Last night, as I was waiting for Top Chef, I decided to watch NY, which I haven't seen in a few years and WHAT a shit-show it has turned into! All I heard was screeching, and blubbering, and some grown-up twit prancing down ( a runway? couldn't tell) like a 3 year old in her first 'beauty' pageant, and Ramona's oddly staccato voice and I couldn't help but wonder WHAT had become of the show I had fallen in love with when it was in its first seasons. How sad. Who are these stupid women?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Irritable said:

I was hoping to never see Ramona eating an oyster ever again, and then to add in her making sex noises while exercising? There is almost nothing about Ramona that doesn’t make me sick. 

I’ll add her laugh to that list. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I really wish they wouldn't because each time I can't concentrate on what she is saying because I am horrified anew by her terrible, shiny make-up and pink lips.

And dark roots. If you're going to keep your hair that short and that light there is nowhere for your roots to hide. Keep up the maintenance, Dorinda!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

PSA:  I follow a cashmere site called NAADAM and they have cashmere sweat suits on their site.  Look cozy.   Reading the rest of the posts before commenting more...

I totally want one!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:
13 hours ago, Irritable said:

was hoping to never see Ramona eating an oyster ever again, and then to add in her making sex noises while exercising? There is almost nothing about Ramona that doesn’t make me sick. 

I’ll add her laugh to that list. 

I’ll add her head-tilting, eyelash-batting, boob-thrusting flirting with every male within 20 yards. It makes me cringe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I was watching season 9 yesterday and the thing that makes me hate Ramona most. Is when they go on trip is the room entitlement and the way she makes “the help” unpack and all the other bullshit. I would strangle her! 😡

• Love 15
(edited)

I think I watched most of this but I have a new game-I change the channel every few minutes and by the time I got around all the channels twice it was over. Much more enjoyable with less shrieking.

I couldn't always tell what was going on but I liked it that way.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I think the most telling thing was when Ramona very adamantly insisted that it was not a fashion show which gives us the biggest indication that it was probably not  part of actual Fashion Week at all.

Of course it wasn't part of Fashion Week.  There was no designer!    She takes pictures from the Ali express website based in China.  She puts their pictures of clothing on her website and marks the prices way up.  When she gets a sucker to buy something, she buys it from Ali Express and has it sent to the sucker who paid her.  

This is from Sonya's website:   

Some orders will be unavoidably delayed. Customer Service staff members will contact you if your item is between 5-10 days delayed.

That's because they are coming from Ali Express in China!  

She is shameless to try and claim she was "showing" at Fashion Week.  She's gross. 

Edited by Lemons
Added
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Garo, the fashion designer from Project Runway. Can’t remember if I liked him or not but I love fashion so I hope this is a good episode. 

I love Garo!  I was so happy he was on, and so annoyed by how the Housewives treated him.  When he and Tinsley walked over to the ladies after the show, they acted like he wasn't even standing there.  Dorinda did say something to him, but they didn't say "congratualtions" to him, they said it to Tinsley.  

21 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Wow, Leah’s offices are impressive.  Why didn’t she have a fashion show?  I would think the exposure from the show should help the brand.

I don't think that is "her" office.  It's probably a WeWork thing, the kind of place where you rent space.  Or that awful "Wing" place.  

I wonder if Leah went to rehab for something other than alcohol.  When she mentioned a dark place, it made me think heroin.  It would make sense for her age... heroin made a comeback around the time she went to rehab.  Probably thinks she can drink because it is not her "drug of choice."

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, ichbin said:

My eyes were already rolling when Leah declared Lil' Kim to be her "feminine icon". Two poseurs making ridiculous statements.  

Well, you know, Leah invented streetwear.  Forget other trailblazers like Dapper Dan beause he’s a man...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I had to give this its own post, because it was uniquely disgusting on a show and network full of disgusting displays:

Dorinda said she had a skirt with “General” Mao on it and it was “gangstery” and “fashionable”?  What’s “fashionable” about a man who killed and tortured and starved millions of people?  Mao was a 20th century totalitarian dictator, right up there with Hitler and Stalin, except I would argue that he was worse.  What is “gangster” or “fashionable” about a man who sent people to prison camps and starved them by the millions?  How can she say that?  He is, according to The Washington Post, “the biggest mass murderer in the history of the world.”  He killed 45 million people between 1958 to 1962.  

This is by far the most disgusting display I have ever heard from a Housewife, bar none.  Leah saying “weird white people” has absolutely nothing on this.  

I get that Dorinda, who is supposedly a good, self-described “pure” woman is probably ignorant and not malicious in her comments, but she either has to cop to having not passed high school history (ninth grade) or just say she supports evil.  I have no way that it would be anything other than one of the two.  

How dare she compare Lil Kim to Mao?  She owes Lil Kim a huge apology, and I think she owes everyone in society a giant apology for supporting a genocidal maniac dictator.  I am so angry that Dorinda, a sophisticated woman about London and New York City, would sanction Mao and it would be taken blithely.  Where is Andy Cohen going to come out on this?  

I am not only going to be paying attention to how the network handles this, but how the people who ought to know better who say they support Dorinda react to this.  Whoever hears about it and doesn’t condemn it ought to be judged IMO.

I have no idea what else to say, except that Dorinda made Leah and Sonja look positively demure and genteel.  

If this keeps going on, I don’t know if I can watch this show anymore.  Maybe Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is all bullshit and gossip and fashion, but as far as I know, none of them have made a comment this morally outrageous.  I will never look at Dorinda Medley the same again, she can save all the animals in a burning pet store like PeeWee Herman, and she won’t be redeemed until she realizes the gravity of what she said and apologizes profusely.  

John, don’t walk, run.  I wonder if how now how “gangstery” and “fashionable” this c-word found the Armenian Genocide.  Alright, I got nothing nice to say.  I’m gonna peace. 

This is me right now:

D58EFE48-DEFD-42C0-9409-1EC8A506BDE9.gif.451c444101cfe93e8884dc1c114036cc.gif

I was shocked!   I'm glad you brought this up.

• Love 3

Did anyone else hear Sonia talking about “all the retailers that are here” and then say “like Century21”??  I guess she probably meant Forever 21, but with the blazers and sequins I’d give her maybe Forever 1986?.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Suckeredin said:

Did anyone else hear Sonia talking about “all the retailers that are here” and then say “like Century21”??  I guess she probably meant Forever 21, but with the blazers and sequins I’d give her maybe Forever 1986?.

Not Century21; Century 21.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ichbin said:

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:
16 hours ago, ichbin said:

I agree.  Who else can replace her?  Bethenny was the funniest.  Dorinda is trying to be funny, but is NOT.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I know! I was watching for her to slip him a few bucks, even if she rationalized it as a tip, give him something! (other than your compliments, gratitude, and possibly an STD).

She thought it was an honor for him to do her hair, Countess n all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 5/1/2020 at 9:46 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

I see what you’re saying, and I don’t take that as you defending Dorinda.  I see it’s just an explanation as to what might have gone on.  To that, I say, what if an artist, like a really cutting edge artist, put a picture of the Parkland shooter onto a gauzy print?  Would it be fine for someone to wear that, knowing who he is?  

Mao is just a guy like the Parkland shooter who had an additional 45,999,983 deaths to answer for.  

It's like wearing high fashion Hitler designs.  They shouldn't be designed and they shouldn't be worn.  If you wear an outfit with a brutal, murderous dictator depicted, you are a fool.

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
On 4/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, Straycat80 said:

I love Garo!  I was so happy he was on, and so annoyed by how the Housewives treated him.  When he and Tinsley walked over to the ladies after the show, they acted like he wasn't even standing there.  Dorinda did say something to him, but they didn't say "congratualtions" to him, they said it to Tinsley

Just because they are on t.v. and are housewives, doesn’t mean they are smart.  Some have no manners at all, and think who they are.  Lots of people think Leah is the greatest.  I’m from the older generation, so really don’t “get” her and her ways.  I don’t even understand the faces on the dresses thing.  All I can say is it seems very inappropriate.  Just because Dorinda was married to a rich, smart, important person, doesn’t make her one.  From what I’ve seen, she is a vile, mean,  nasty person, who preys on the weak.  John is too good for her.  Then, Bravo rewards her by giving her the “ talking head”.   Apparently, they think she’s the smartest of the group.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 7

I have to agree with Dale.  I don't like the curls on Tinsley.   And I remember Garo from PR and liked his stuff, but what he put Tins in was ugly, tacky AF.

Dorinda ought to just be honest with Tinsley.  I think you're a fucking idiot and I'll just film with you. 

I know people love Tinsley here; she is sweet but I also find her to be an overgrown teenager still dressing like Forever 21.  She'a a 44 year-old who longs for her 20s "it girl" status.  Trust me, if Scott dumps her, she'll be Sonja Morgan in another 15 years without the overtly sexual stuff but still chasing men.  She'll be clinging to her past,, wearing those god awful hoop earrings, frilly clothes, wearing her braids, with pounds of makeup and terrible falsies.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 4/30/2020 at 9:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Ramona, Sonja, and Dorinda looked like old biddies going to watch Tinsley walk.  Leah apparently forgot to wear a top, and Luann looked good.  I’m not sure I’ll love long hair on her forever, but at least she’s not stuck in the same exact look forever (ahem, rest of the cast).  That gold statement necklace was brutally ugly.  

No one, save for Luann, who is freaking aging in reverse and it’s scary, looked good at Pamela Rolland either.  .  

I remember when Lu was wearing the short hair for a long time and thinking I wish she would change hairstyles.  But you know, I think she needs to go back to this hair.  Longer hair drags the face down and the hair just looks...well, like it's there.

Lu looks much better than the rest, but I think the fillers are giving her a more manly look to her face.

LuAnn-de-Lesseps.jpg

• Love 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I know people love Tinsley here; she is sweet but I also find her to be an overgrown teenager still dressing like Forever 21.  She'a a 44 year-old who longs for her 20s "it girl" status.  Trust me, if Scott dumps her, she'll be Sonja Morgan in another 15 years without the overtly sexual stuff but still chasing men.  She'll be clinging to her past,, wearing those god awful hoop earrings, frilly clothes, wearing her braids, with pounds of makeup and terrible falsies.   

It doesn't hurt anyone.  It's kind of a known urban legend that all celebrities are mentally stuck at the age that they became famous.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think Tinsley is one of the nicest and most harmless of all the housewives across all of the franchises. I can’t remember her ever doing anything nasty to anyone.

Pretty unique for a Real Housewife.

No wonder that she couldn’t wait to quit.

I agree. I think she's very sweet.  But I think she is in danger of being 54 and still dressing and acting like a 20 year old with gaudy hoop earrings.

• Love 3
(edited)

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I remember when Lu was wearing the short hair for a long time and thinking I wish she would change hairstyles.  But you know, I think she needs to go back to this hair.  Longer hair drags the face down and the hair just looks...well, like it's there.

Lu looks much better than the rest, but I think the fillers are giving her a more manly look to her face.

LuAnn-de-Lesseps.jpg

I agree. Also, the more makeup Lu wears, the more masculine she looks. There’s nothing wrong with that, but I doubt that is her objective.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It doesn't hurt anyone.  It's kind of a known urban legend that all celebrities are mentally stuck at the age that they became famous.

Sonja doesn't hurt anyone either with clinging to her  past.  But we still talk about her too.  [deleted "protected class" comment!]

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Sonja doesn't hurt anyone either with clinging to her  past.  But we still talk about her too.  Seems like Tinsley is protected class here.

?  I don't mind Sonja clinging to her past either.  Dorinda attacks her for it LOL.  Not me!

In fact I'd hear even more about it.  It sounds fascinating.  If she wrote a book about it and included some 1990s photos, I'd definitely read it, whether it's partly her imagination or not.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

?  I don't mind Sonja clinging to her past either.  Dorinda attacks her for it LOL.  Not me!

I mean, I think that b/c Tinsley is so well liked b/c she is sweet, people gloss over the fact that she acts like she's still 20 and don't seem to like any criticism of her on the board unlike others.  

I think Tinsley is sweet but she's also cartoonish to me.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I mean, I think that b/c Tinsley is so well liked b/c she is sweet, people gloss over the fact that she acts like she's still 20 and don't seem to like any criticism of her on the board unlike others.  

I think Tinsley is sweet but she's also cartoonish to me.

I hear you; I totally line-draw between Sonja and Tinsley. For sure some of it is because Tins isn’t malicious. For me, though, Tins is like a Tennessee Williams protagonist, and while the reverence and glossing over the past is maddening, it’s sad, and she is truly the only person harmed. (Fuck every Fanjul forever.) Sonja is a huge bitch, not only to Tinsley but to so very many others during her tenure, she lies so very much, and she invariably punches down. She’s a coward and a thief. But I see what you’re saying.

(Also what’s wrong with hoops? Asking for a friend...)

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
12 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Luann should never do this look again.

Rhony-luann-de-lesseps-jail-parole-viola

She’s so tall she can usually get away with large-scale prints and multiple pieces of large jewelry but this is tacky IMO.

However! The photo brings me to reconsider yet again the wisdom in the tweaks. I feel like scum typing this but, Lu’s taut face relative to some of the slackening I’ve now noticed in her neck and body skin is just like arrows and highlighters showing one of those things is not like the others. Of course Lu is extremely attractive and fit but maybe leaving her face totally alone would be best?

However however again: I turn again on my own opinion because ShelterInPlaceMania 2020 led me to watching the hos of Beverly for the first in the longest time and what in the holy hell is going on with Sutton? Is it “nothing,” and now my eyes and soul are both so Bravo-broken that I can’t get used to a totally natural Housewife? Perhaps.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 5

I agree. I think she's very sweet.  But I think she is in danger of being 54 and still dressing and acting like a 20 year old with gaudy hoop earrings.

You say that like it’s a bad thing?

Its a lot better than channeling Joan Crawford the way Dorinda does every week.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I know people love Tinsley here; she is sweet but I also find her to be an overgrown teenager still dressing like Forever 21.  She'a a 44 year-old who longs for her 20s "it girl" status. 

I like her because she is always radiant and kind to everyone.  Unlike some of the HWs we've had on this show, she doesn't ramble on and on about her problems.  She tends to keep things light - the one thing Dorinda doesn't like!  She wants all of the dirty details of her life, but Tinsley is a bit guarded with certain things, and I don't mind that.  

I agree that is she is hanging on to her youth and wants her old life back, but if that's her worst offense, then I'm okay with that!  I may not agree with everything she says or does (as with all HWs), but overall I think she's a breath of fresh air on the show and I'm glad she's on it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
23 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Yeah, seriously!  I'm not even a Tinsley fan and I just don't see a problem with any of that.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I was watching season 9 yesterday and the thing that makes me hate Ramona most. Is when they go on trip is the room entitlement and the way she makes “the help” unpack and all the other bullshit. I would strangle her! 😡

Yeah well,she seems to have a shoulder problem every time she goes on vacation, lol.  Conveniently.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I hear you; I totally line-draw between Sonja and Tinsley. For sure some of it is because Tins isn’t malicious. For me, though, Tins is like a Tennessee Williams protagonist, and while the reverence and glossing over the past is maddening, it’s sad, and she is truly the only person harmed. (Fuck every Fanjul forever.) Sonja is a huge bitch, not only to Tinsley but to so very many others during her tenure, she lies so very much, and she invariably punches down. She’s a coward and a thief. But I see what you’re saying.

I love hoops.  All sizes.  Especially the little ones with diamonds.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Good point on Sonja's bitchiness!  And the thievery.  

59 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Ha!  

What's funny to me is Sonja mentioned her hair looking like Phyllis Diller.  I think Dorinda is channeling Diller before Diller went crazy hair!

phyllis-diller-dead-at-95-image_corkbg

And sorry @OnceSane!

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/30/2020 at 11:13 PM, 65mickey said:

It looked like a plate of salami was being served for hors d'oeuvres at Sonja's show. 

Salami thrown on a plate.  Was it left from someone’s antipasto on Italian night?

• LOL 2