Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Season 10 Reunion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, princelina said:

Yes this exactly!  And remember when he told his sister that one of the problems with Mindy was that she was not as "emotionally intelligent" as him?  Hahahahahaha!  He said a few other things in a similar vein throughout the season that I can't recall.  But it's just like he knows words that sound good and says them.

Also - normal people take the piece of cake off the plate and smash it into the face - Brandon just reached into the whole wedding cake with his hand and yanked a giant chunk out!  No one does that.

Oh those experts 😄 

Dr. Pepper may need a break.  Meka had an Instagram live yesterday and Dr. Viviana,  Taylor,  Derek and Shannie were all over the comments.  Meka is working on a you tube channel. I just found it weird that Dr. Viviana was communicating with them as though she was part of their inner circle. 

• Useful 1
On 4/22/2020 at 8:03 PM, spunky said:

At least now we know why Brandon was uninvited to the reunion. The fact that both he and Taylor were arrested and have restraining orders against each other, yet he was the one who couldn’t come to the reunion says all I needed to know about him. He’s probably one of those “If I can’t have you, no one else can” types. Hopefully Taylor’s new man is a real man and not an abusive jerk. 
Did Michael really try to use the “we’re both black” card in reference to Brandon,on Kevin who is also a black man? I agree with Kevin, Brandon and by extent Michael are both an embarrassment to Black people. Michael gives me strong Black Hebrew Israelites vibes, with his beads, trying to control Meka with lies and now his refusal to go against Brandon because he’s black. As a black woman if I had to choose between them and Zach, I’m going with Zach because he’s less of an embarrassment.

Derek finally found his voice and was shutting Katie down left and right. There’s a woman out there who will love and appreciate him for who he is. Katie can go back to her ex.....oh right I forgot he hit it and quit it. She’s such a fool and is perfect for her dog. Mindy should have just shut Zach out once she asked for a divorce. Of course she wasn’t going to get a straight answer from Zach. I’m honestly surprised that it was Zach and Katie who hooked up, I was genuinely hoping it was Derek and Taylor.

Even her dog deserves better. No living being should be subjected to that treatment.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

Zach sought out his wife's best friend for a secret relationship during his 8-week marriage and sought a date with another of her friends whom he met through the show that married them. A woman he knew to be married and whose husband he also knows. All before his divorce was final.

Where are the posts calling Zach a ho?

Okay. Zach, you a ho, too!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Ho!  Ho!  Ho!  Ho!  How many times can we call Zach a Ho?

Seriously though, Zach has been called everything but a child of God since he's been on this show, so calling him a Ho at this point is just.....pointless.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

(Also, didn't that turn out to be the case with couple from last season whose names I've already forgotten ... sweet blonde girl and asshole guy with overly manicured facial hair?) Katie, maybe? They somehow knew each other?)

He had met her friend before I think, not her. I feel like he ran speed dating events and that's where he'd met her? But I could be misremembering. Either way, it was something very brief, even if it was actually Kate he had met.

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 2

I don't blame him for his lack of attraction.  It happens.  Maybe he watched Nick Pendergast's season and decided he would rather be absent than do this.  

I still recall that season. I thought Sonja was a knock down beauty with a heart of gold. They initially agreed to stay married and it lasted a while but not long.

I still think back on Heather and Derek from season four how on the wedding day things seemed okay, she was happy to be married and said he was a nice guy. Looks wise she probably had an edge but not that lopsided. They must have had a blow out on the first night because by morning that marriage was done. Apparently it was over his use of pot which they only referred to as smoke he was smoking in the morning and she said that's a red flag...and it is. Out of respect he could have waited until night time...

Regards Zach...I'm sure a few of the couples have been initially less than thrilled on first sight. I keep replaying the scene of Jessica and Mindy beaming with joy over their special day. Regardless of attraction (and not like Mindy is repulsive) he could and should have gone through the process. As the host said he never even did the honor of checking in. Cowardly and disrespectful and a betrayal of his own words.  

• Love 10

There's a great interview with Meka over at Madame Noire. I love her even more now. The Jamaica trip was a joke - he showed her a Groupon he bought for the dolphin encounter, but he never had tickets or anything to actually get there. One thing they didn't ask her in the interview was about Michael's jobs. I know she said something on IG that he showed her a forged offer letter, and that was a different one than the one he showed her on camera that we saw.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Not to defend Zach, but since Derek and Katie split two weeks after D Day, she wasn't exactly still married when Zach may have called Katie to get together. The reunion was 5 months after D-Day and we don't know how long ago they did get together. And, even if they were still pretending to be married, Katie was obviously cheating so what difference did it make if she went out with Zach? She IS just that stupid and classless. I don't think that any of the women were particularly fond of her. Especially when she would just gripe and get up and walk out and make poor Derek leave the fun and chase after her. Nah, none of the women like her.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Ho!  Ho!  Ho!  Ho!  How many times can we call Zach a Ho?

Seriously though, Zach has been called everything but a child of God since he's been on this show, so calling him a Ho at this point is just.....pointless.

I think you simply meant this to be funny. I get it but not sure if you got mine. My post wasn't really about wanting or needing to call Zach anything. It was about pointing out a double standard.

• Love 6
On 4/24/2020 at 5:27 PM, sometimesjennifer said:

Maybe Taylor really just wanted to go to court because they had free water there.

LOL!

ON 4/22/2020 AT 9:05 PM, TMI SAID:

sorry taylor ...I do not believe your story

Taylor gets a look on her face when she is lying.  I can't really explain it, but her eyes open wider and it almost looks like her cheeks puff out a little and her mouth narrows a little.  She looks simultaneously more focused and more blank.  She keeps that expression without changing it during the lie, even when the content of what she is saying would suggest differing emotions and thus she should be showing different expressions. 

ON 4/23/2020 AT 12:04 PM, LOVECAT SAID:

It's on her right ring finger, since she's the only one wearing a wedding band on her left ring finger at the moment.  I question the judgement of the other ladies, though...I mean, can you imagine getting engaged and having your fiancée slip an engagement ring and wedding band on over a tattoo that memorializes your first "marriage"??  Yikes.  Get it between your toes or something.

Yep!

ON 4/23/2020 AT 1:49 PM, QTPYE SAID:

The makeup artist who did both Mindy and Meka’s make up needs to be fired. They are both attractive women and the make up made both of them look ashen and sickly. They almost looked like zombies.

Yes!  I hadn't been able to put my finger on the awfulness of their look, but that's it.

ON 4/24/2020 AT 1:24 PM, STINAMAIA SAID:

Protective orders are not issued because people had a argument.  If there was yelling and a laying on of hands, I can see how both might have been arrested for disorderly conduct. In most jurisdictions, there must be violence for a protective order to be issued. Also the trial on the protective order took two days!  That’s a long time - longer than a lot of criminal trials.  So no way did Taylor tell the whole story.  

Good point!

ON 4/23/2020 AT 12:19 PM, STINAMAIA SAID:

I think that Meka’s sharp, logical mind makes her impatient with those who can’t keep up.  She’s all about the facts, right and wrong, etc.  She is my favorite this season, not because she was perfect, but because she seemed she would be a great friend, and I would enjoy her ranting about whatever was on her mind at the moment.

She fell a little for me when she jumped in to say that she was not the one who told Derek.  I don't think she realized that by doing that, she would potentially be throwing confidences under the bus if others decided to follow suit.

• Love 7

Is it possible that Brandon knew Taylor from the bar scene they both seem to be familiar with?

That could explain why he was never happy with her starting with the cake in the face.  Almost like a "I know you lady"!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Not to defend Zach, but since Derek and Katie split two weeks after D Day, she wasn't exactly still married when Zach may have called Katie to get together. The reunion was 5 months after D-Day and we don't know how long ago they did get together. And, even if they were still pretending to be married, Katie was obviously cheating so what difference did it make if she went out with Zach? She IS just that stupid and classless. I don't think that any of the women were particularly fond of her. Especially when she would just gripe and get up and walk out and make poor Derek leave the fun and chase after her. Nah, none of the women like her.

I'm still going with fuck Zach.  He did the Lindsay thing, and anyone normal would know not to get involved with one of the other wives while filming was still going on.

• Love 10
On 4/24/2020 at 8:02 PM, Elizzikra said:

...has a whole lot of comorbid symptoms to sort out and hopefully get treated.

Comorbid. Thank you - I just learned a new word, and I like it!

On 4/24/2020 at 6:09 PM, OnTime said:

Katie's decision doesn't have to be fair to her parents. Her decisions to get divorced and have a fling with her x are owed by her.

True enough, but if Katie ever gets around to owning her bad choices, I hope she throws in an apology to her parents for (unrealistically) hoping she had changed her pattern.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 6:43 AM, spunky said:

All of this!! I can't believe people are defending Brandon's abusive behavior. 

I agree with your post, and I admit, sometimes I get so caught up in the tit for tat, I forget the bigger picture. And that is... unless on specific probation, a person should be allowed to attend any event or enter any establishment they wish. It's within our own control if we choose to react or not. That goes both ways as Taylor and Brandon both made stupid decisions. That being said, did Brandon's parents and family participate in his wedding? I remember Mindy talking about her parents' absence, but I do not recall Brandon's family.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Regards Zach...I'm sure a few of the couples have been initially less than thrilled on first sight. 

And Zach infuriates me because he used the show and everyone to get his 'brand' out there. Dr. Pepper (once again) reminded him that during the vetting process he was specifically asked how he would feel if he didn't consider his 'match' attractive? He responded that he would be fine because it's what is present internally is what makes a woman beautiful? Who knows - maybe Zach is like that other MAFS guy who gave every excuse possible, except the one which was admitting to being gay? That would explain why he'd even pretend Lindsay was worth his interest. Has anyone else ever wondered? All in all, by the end of the season, Mindy appeared even more attractive and Zach looked like that gummy stuff stuck on my heel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 4/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, spunky said:

I'm not saying that Taylor is a saint.  Was she wrong for her video? Absolutely! Was she wrong for staying out all night and not coming home? That's a grey area. 

When Michael said that he didn't believe Taylor's story because "he saw the pictures", I became confused. I am sure Taylor left out a ton of real dialogue and actions between her and Brandon BUT even if there's a picture of her having sex with some guy on the barroom table, who cares? They were split, done, finito. She can do what she wants, where she wants. Brandon had the choice to stay and ignore her, or leave. It's not that difficult to do, if indeed, no feelings were attached. Perhaps these two did have a torrid relationship either during the 8 weeks, or previous to filming, or after decision day. All I know. is there were far too many meltdowns (on both sides) for a couple who doesn't even like each other. What's the real story. And could somebody please tell me what the heck is Michael's real job, and why couldn't Meka just phone him using his work number instead waiting for the next great storyline?

• Love 5
On 4/24/2020 at 10:54 AM, Lm2162 said:

... or goad Taylor into doing so, thus potentially getting the crew in trouble for being part of that. Or maybe they just wanted to wash their hands of him and were sick of his degrading insults....The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure why what they did was so horrible.

While reading your comment, I just remembered him being up in that crew member's face, bending down spittle flying while insulting him crudely... and then he did the EXACT same to the woman who was also standing there. At that moment she hadn't said a thing, and was simply looking to the other guy while he spoke to Brandon. This concerned me because drunk or not, anxious or not, stressed or not, any man who is aggressively challenging women, heck...anyone, verbally/ with vulgarity/  goading them to react (because he knew damn well nothing would happen in front of the cameras) is not a worthwhile man. Does he kick animals, beat women, and taunt men while running away? Who wants to be around that, or even know someone like that? Good riddance! 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I don't blame him for his lack of attraction.  It happens.  Maybe he watched Nick Pendergast's season and decided he would rather be absent than do this.  

What makes me laugh (just like Nick) is that Zach is an empty shell. He is not an attractive man, he does resembled a cute boy at different angles, but he also looks like a bloated drunk with other angles. Both Nick and Zach are expecting something better than they deserve or can attract (hence being on the show). 

• Love 3

I just recalled something else (thanks to my remembers -everything mate)... Does anyone remember Zach stopping Mindy, before she stepped down off the alter, for a 'selfie'? I remember watching and groaning, "Oh no" to my hubby. Narcissism 101 right there. I wonder if she briefly thought, what a loser?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 4/24/2020 at 8:02 PM, Elizzikra said:

In other words, it was clearly a race thing for Michael. Race was a major factor driving how he handled the questions he was getting. There's nothing wrong with that - he sees things through his life and his experiences. He's a black man and I'm a white woman. I'm not going to second guess his feelings about what the event in the bar might look like viewed from MIchael's perspective as a black man.

I work in accounts payable at a non-profit and the other AP person, Annette, is black. I've been there for 15 years and Annette for 14. A couple of years ago we had the Finance Director from Hell, and after only a month on the job she tried to completely change the format of the way we posted invoices, which would have resulted in it being impossible to search for something in the vendor history. Annette and I understood that we needed consistency but she should have consulted with us about the best way to do it. However, when she had the meeting about how she wanted it done, I was out on medical leave and Annette told me about it later. During the meeting, Annette became very frustrated about not being listened to and her years of experience being disregarded, and ended up abruptly walking out. She told me she had been very concerned about being viewed as just an angry black woman. If I had been there, I would have also been pissed off and walked out with her. I can't speak for her but I'm pretty sure that because I'm a white woman who would have reacted exactly the same, it might have helped lessen or negate her concern about how she was perceived. It's a depressing thought that something like that might make all the difference.

She told me once that she always sits up front on public transportation because she CAN, and it bothers her that she see black youths sitting at the back of the bus, not seeming to realize what Rosa Parks fought for.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 5
On 4/24/2020 at 7:36 AM, Racj82 said:

This is going to be an extreme agree to disagree situation. 

Not quite sure what part we disagree on...? Regardless, the majority of this cast were unlikeable and they didn't seem inclined or in a hurry to convince us otherwise.

On 4/24/2020 at 6:55 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Two tidbits I picked up from MAFS Fan, wish I had screenshot them. Derek said that Katie went off her birth control immediately after the wedding 😳. And Brandon apparently has several DUIs and no driver's license, which is why tTaylor had to drive him everywhere.

I saw tat Derek screenshot and can verify it said that, iirc, coming back from the honeymoon she went off BC.  

I can imagine Katie rebuffing Derek's advances and not counting them, and only having sex on her terms at her timing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

Not quite sure what part we disagree on...? Regardless, the majority of this cast were unlikeable and they didn't seem inclined or in a hurry to convince us otherwise.

I said what I disagreed with. The notion that Michael was making too much the situation or that one sentence would have ended it. 

Either way, he felt uncomfortable and I get it. And it's always easy to be on the outside and just be like, he should of just say this. It's different in the situation. After having questions about someone else directed to him that many times, he probably felt overwhelmed. He was clearly thrown off by the whole situation. Him being agitated or needing to separate for a minute to gather himself made sense to me.

1 hour ago, answerphone said:

I couldn't get to sleep, and I was thinking random thoughts 🤷

What if Meka had been matched with Greg from last season?

He was an educated,  high achiever.

I think they could have worked. His match was a bit high strung like Meka can be at times but he's level headed enough to be able to work through it as a adult. 

He was a mature adult. That would make a world of difference. That was a key element missing from a bunch of people this season.

• Love 4
On 4/24/2020 at 2:12 AM, Racj82 said:

That is also one instance where I feel he was truly genuine. As a black man, you don't want to be in a position to tear down another black man's character on TV like that. The host was also right in that Brandon basically did that on his own. That was a tricky situation that I think is being a bit too glossed over. Or I think, at least in this case, Michael deserves no hate.

Thank you for saying that because this is something that a lot of people don't get.  I think Kevin told Michael correct, that Brandon's behavior was not a good look for a black man on TV either.  Michael needs to also check his friend Brandon, because the man definitely has a problem.

I also wish people would stop using the phrase "race card."  Racism exists in America.  If there were no racism in America the so called race card would not even exist.

Here's a UO:  I think a lot of these people don't see these as "real marriages" because it's a reality show.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

I think you simply meant this to be funny. I get it but not sure if you got mine. My post wasn't really about wanting or needing to call Zach anything. It was about pointing out a double standard.

And my point was that Zach has been called much worse than a ho, double standard notwithstanding.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, answerphone said:

Naw.  Greg doesn't deserve that.  She would have grilled him over and over about those double ovens. 😒

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Meka's having a Q&A on Reddit (verified).

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarriedAtFirstSight/comments/g8ecq3/i_am_meka_jones_from_mafs_ama/

It's mildly interesting. She did great on the show in a shit situation, but the worship session is a bit much after a while. I skip to the actual answers LOL.

She was actually told by several of his friends that Michael's a pathological liar. She said there were a lot of red flags between the wedding & honeymoon. I would've liked to hear more about that but she answered someone that it's too much & will address it another time. 🙄 

Hopefully she's not going to milk this too much. I get a bit irritated when reality show people don't know when their 15m is up.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:
9 hours ago, answerphone said:

Naw.  Greg doesn't deserve that.  She would have grilled him over and over about those double ovens. 😒

No! Meka just doesn't seem like she is much fun.

I'm sure Michael brought out the worst in her but she might have checklist for everything!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Meka to Greg: WHY the wrap around porch?

Can't the porch just be in the front or the back?

It is not logical to make it circumferential.....

• LOL 11
14 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree with your post, and I admit, sometimes I get so caught up in the tit for tat, I forget the bigger picture. And that is... unless on specific probation, a person should be allowed to attend any event or enter any establishment they wish. It's within our own control if we choose to react or not. That goes both ways as Taylor and Brandon both made stupid decisions. That being said, did Brandon's parents and family participate in his wedding? I remember Mindy talking about her parents' absence, but I do not recall Brandon's family.

I think Brandon's mother was there watching him stick his hands in the cake and by his own words in an interview, throw a tantrum because he didn't like the pre-wedding food. Taylor also said he threw a producer's phone. His mother should have snatched him up right then and there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Chalby said:

When Michael said that he didn't believe Taylor's story because "he saw the pictures", I became confused. I am sure Taylor left out a ton of real dialogue and actions between her and Brandon BUT even if there's a picture of her having sex with some guy on the barroom table, who cares? They were split, done, finito. She can do what she wants, where she wants. Brandon had the choice to stay and ignore her, or leave. It's not that difficult to do, if indeed, no feelings were attached. Perhaps these two did have a torrid relationship either during the 8 weeks, or previous to filming, or after decision day. All I know. is there were far too many meltdowns (on both sides) for a couple who doesn't even like each other. What's the real story. And could somebody please tell me what the heck is Michael's real job, and why couldn't Meka just phone him using his work number instead waiting for the next great storyline?

According to Meka's Instagram live, Michael was a before and aftercare director for 4 hours a day for 2 weeks along with being a yoga studio janitor. I'm sure Taylor left stuff out. However I believe that Meka knows more, based on her reaction when Michael tried to escape questioning.  Taylor, Meka, Shannie, Mindy and Derek seem pretty close.  I don't see Shannie hanging around someone who is an instigator like Brandon was trying to paint Taylor as.

57 minutes ago, OnTime said:

No! Meka just doesn't seem like she is much fun.

I'm sure Michael brought out the worst in her but she might have checklist for everything!

She was hilarious during her Instagram live. I would be sour too if I was matched with a pathological liar.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Meka's having a Q&A on Reddit (verified).

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarriedAtFirstSight/comments/g8ecq3/i_am_meka_jones_from_mafs_ama/

It's mildly interesting. She did great on the show in a shit situation, but the worship session is a bit much after a while. I skip to the actual answers LOL.

She was actually told by several of his friends that Michael's a pathological liar. She said there were a lot of red flags between the wedding & honeymoon. I would've liked to hear more about that but she answered someone that it's too much & will address it another time. 🙄 

Hopefully she's not going to milk this too much. I get a bit irritated when reality show people don't know when their 15m is up.

She went into more details during her Instagram live last week.  She said that there were a lot of red flags,  like him lying during the wedding reception , among other things before and during the honeymoon.  She also said she wasn't initially attracted to him when she first saw him. 

12 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I saw tat Derek screenshot and can verify it said that, iirc, coming back from the honeymoon she went off BC.  

I can imagine Katie rebuffing Derek's advances and not counting them, and only having sex on her terms at her timing.

MAFSFAN  also had a screenshot of Katie's brother threatening Derek. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, spunky said:

She also said she wasn't initially attracted to him when she first saw him. 

I thought neither one was attracted to the other.  They didn't look too enthused on first sight.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, spunky said:

According to Meka's Instagram live, Michael was a before and aftercare director for 4 hours a day for 2 weeks along with being a yoga studio janitor. I'm sure Taylor left stuff out. However I believe that Meka knows more, based on her reaction when Michael tried to escape questioning.  Taylor, Meka, Shannie, Mindy and Derek seem pretty close.  I don't see Shannie hanging around someone who is an instigator like Brandon was trying to paint Taylor as.

That doesn't mean squat to me.  Taylor is one of those people who knows she looks good and she knows that people will always give her the benefit if the doubt because she's cute.  She can basically commit murder and people will be like, "oh, I bet they drove her to do it." 

I don't trust her, or her busted wigs, at all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

That doesn't mean squat to me.  Taylor is one of those people who knows she looks good and she knows that people will always give her the benefit if the doubt because she's cute.  She can basically commit murder and people will be like, "oh, I bet they drove her to do it." 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t care how busted her wigs are or how pretty she, I’m not going to label her the devil because of one video. I’m also not joining she’s a clout chasing Instagram model since she doesn’t seem to post often and most of her posts are either her in work clothes or on vacation. Her immature personality doesn’t mean that she deserved the crap she had to put up with during her marriage to Brandon. She should’ve walked away in Panama instead of driving his unhinged, substance using , abusive behind around. Maybe if she refused to cook for him , made him take the bus and stopped trying to work on her marriage he would have treated her better. He needed to be married to Katie. I would rather be around 10 Taylors, and 4 Zachs than be around the psychopath that is Brandon.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, spunky said:

Her immature personality doesn’t mean that she deserved the crap she had to put up with during her marriage to Brandon. She should’ve walked away in Panama instead of driving his unhinged, substance using , abusive behind around.

So why didn't Taylor walk away?

Because if she walked away early, she wouldn't get any camera time, at least not as much as she got, and she wouldn't have gotten to play the victim.  She certainly got a man quickly though.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

And my point was that Zach has been called much worse than a ho, double standard notwithstanding.  

Actually I totally agree. Zach has been dragged this season. Deservedly. I just hate when we are quick to call a woman a "ho" for behavior that we don't label as such when a man does the same. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

But the wigs are innocent.  You can tell they don't want to be on her head 'cause they keep creepin' back. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Because if she walked away early, she wouldn't get any camera time, at least not as much as she got, and she wouldn't have gotten to play the victim.  She certainly got a man quickly though.

We might never know her true reasons for staying.  Maybe she's the President and CEO of Build a Man Workshop, maybe it was fear or camera time.

I applaud her for not being the next Jamie O flooding Instagram with posts about new brands or videos telling us about every single breath that she takes. I appreciate the fact that she used her insta stories to inform people about food pantries providing free food during this pandemic and providing information about volunteer work in her area. I'm judging her by her current behavior and not by the stupid things she did months ago.

Finding someone better than Brandon shouldn't be that hard. Zach and her dog Tyson are far better men than Brandon.  At least one will talk in circles and the other would just bark, no unstable behaviors. As someone suggested she may have been on a date with someone from production or met him on a night out. Either way one day she'll stop being immature and understand how stupid some of her actions were.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

To be fair, Mindy was also in a shit situation and didn’t walk away. I gave her a lot of credit for loving up to the commitment she made to stick it out for 8 weeks so I have to give that same credit to Taylor. It pains me because I don’t much like Taylor and I do think she was all about building her brand and getting camera time, but I don’t want to be hypocritical.

• Love 6
On 4/23/2020 at 5:20 PM, cinsays said:

yeah, I am pretty sure we did not hear an accurate account of what went down because Taylor lies almost as much as Michael.

No...............  Not remotely true.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:29 PM, MajorNelson said:

Not sure of her education, but she works at Johns Hopkins.  Job is either a contracts administrator or a data assistant, or a "Research Program Assistant."  I found her there, but not with a title.  FWIW, from her divorce papers, she lives in Baltimore just below BWI.  I guess if she lived in the MAFS apartments she had the reverse commute, DC to Baltimore.

Wasn't her label something like Miss Beauty and Brains?

ETA: Found also.......She is listed as a credited author (one of many) on a research paper in 2019.  Some sites that make the paper available lists her credential as BA, only one of 3 amongst a large group of PhD and MD co-authors.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:54 PM, Lm2162 said:

While the host may have done it a little pushily or clumsily, for whatever reason the production crew didn't want Brandon there. Maybe they thought he'd intentionally try to break the protective order (my personal opinion) or goad Taylor into doing so, thus potentially getting the crew in trouble for being part of that. Or maybe they just wanted to wash their hands of him and were sick of his degrading insults. So in lieu of his being there, they 1) r

I believe that the show and Brandon were already in litigation in the early weeks of the show being aired.  He broke the contract by filing for an annulment before the show had aired, thus spoiling the show.  He was in breach of contract.  Of course he would be countersuing.

On 4/24/2020 at 3:38 PM, Stinamaia said:

What we do know is shortly thereafter as the show began, Brandon filed for annulment/divorce airing all the “dirt” he could and having his friends talk about Taylor on social media. To me, this was clearly to make viewers and reviewers look at Taylor in a poor light and perhaps even influence the edit. 

Yes!  1,000 times.

• Love 6

WTF IS WRONG WITH ZACH?? BAHA! What happened to honoring his vows? More like, why didn't he just NOT say that stuff since he already knew he wasn't attracted?? He wanted to make fugly Katie feel beautiful, eh? HOW does he have her #? WHY does he still have Lindsay's #? WHY does Mindy still have his & vice versa #?? WHAT IS GOING ON?? Mindy's friend looks preg, maybe. Derek & Austin for double chin win! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

What if she had gotten pregnant?  How Reckless Was that is that?  Derrick dodged a bullet I didn't know had been shot.

From an interview with Mekka  https://madamenoire.com/1148911/meka-married-at-first-sight/

Questioner:  Was there one lie out of the many Michael said this season that was most ridiculous of all?

Meeka:  So two things: I thought the mileage lie was extremely weird. I really don’t get, why lie about the miles on your car? And I don’t know if anybody really pays attention, because I didn’t see a lot of people calling it out, but when I watch that scene, he literally volunteered that information to me! ..........

And also when he told me that he went to Brazil, when he never went to Brazil. He told his entire family he went to Brazil, he posted pictures saying he was in Brazil, tagged Brazil as the location, and he was literally in Mexico the entire time.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

WOO-HOO! They split before the reunion! What is so wrong with Derek's sex? Basic Caucasian? 😅 Katie's vows were such lies! Derek too! Mr. Whole Heart. WHERE was the WORK?? They wanted the idea of marriage. Glad it's FINALLY over!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2