Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Something Unforgiveable

• Start Topic

Gus could’ve hired Skinny Pete and Badger. 

It must be nice being Don Eladio. You get to sit around being flattered with your underlings kicking cash back to you all the time.

Kim has gone from unlikeable (never cared for her) to insufferable for me. Will need to mute when she comes back next season.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Sharper2002 said:

Gus could’ve hired Skinny Pete and Badger. 

It must be nice being Don Eladio. You get to sit around being flattered with your underlings kicking cash back to you all the time.

Kim has gone from unlikeable (never cared for her) to insufferable for me. Will need to mute when she comes back next season.

Maybe I'm strange but I like evil, unlikable people in shows as long as they are smart unlikable people. People who get themselves into drug dealing at a high level and then want everything to be nice and clean in a show bother me. I feel like screaming, wake up. 

• Love 14

Meh.  Two cliffhangers and I don't care how either of them turn out in 3 years, or whenever Season 6 comes out.

The writing of Lalo as a cartoon super villain is clownish.   I love how he shot at least 50 rounds out of a 30 round magazine, in the tunnel.  

Kim and Jimmy are both so unlikeable that I don't care what happens to them in Season 6. 

Kim's hatred for Howard seems to have come out of nowhere.  Her character has become tedious to me.  The whole "ruin Howard to tank the Sandpiper care" plot seems idiotic.  

This show has been in serious decline since the start of Season 4, and season 5 was very mediocre.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

gunmen come to Lalo's house, kill everyone and Nacho disappears? it's pretty obvious who the rat is.

Naco, Lalo and some guards were the only people awake at 3am. That's what saved Lalo. He got lucky with the first guy shooting the wrong guy. Then he took out the rest of the invaders one by one in a house he knew well and they didn't. He set a trap for them. I was wondering why he left the door open. 

Nacho disappeared because he was outside when it happened and awake. His living really depends on if Lalo already assumed it was the kid. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Does Kim really think Steph from S&C and the guy from HHM will want to leave their promising careers at prestigious firms to defend lowlifes at her $#i+hole firm.

Does she think everyone is as foolish and pretentious as she is?

I sort of thought that was supposed to be what gave Saul the inspiration for his strip mall firm in BB - sticking up for the little guy (at least according to his bus bench ads). Did anyone else get that from it?

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
Just now, Bryce Lynch said:

Does Kim really think Steph from S&C and the guy from HHM will want to leave their promising careers at prestigious firms to defend lowlifes at her $#i+hole firm.

Does she think everyone is as foolish and pretentious as she is?

She trying to talk herself into it. They've been showing her sliding down the slope for at least 3 years. She's been getting more and more out of touch with reality. I'm not sure why but it seems logical to me. Her hatred of big shots was always there. She always seemed totally in control like someone who want to scream and punch someone but is keeping herself totally under control. Saul has let that hatred run free. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

"I offered your husband a job and he threw bowling balls at my car, and asked hookers to embarrass me at a work lunch!"

Most People: "Thats extremely concerning and I think he needs therapy."

Kim: "Thats awesome and I think he needs to go even bigger!"

This sort of thing makes Kim's story arc so unbelievable to me.  I get people making terrible decisions.  But, in BB and in BCS, when it used to be good, people made terrible decisions for reasons that made sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

So is Kim like Walter White, someone who's addicted to the thrill of risk? She can pretend her motive is to help the Sandpiper clients, or to punish Howard, but she really wants the high of another con - just like Walter pretended his only motivation was to help his family.

If she makes it appear that Howard committed some sort of huge ethical violation, that could easily destroy the Sandpiper residents' case before a settlement takes place. But I doubt she cares that much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, scenario said:

Nacho disappeared because he was outside when it happened and awake. His living really depends on if Lalo already assumed it was the kid. 

he's not going to assume it was the kid. How did the gunmen get in? the back gate, who was by the back gate late at night? Nacho, where is Nacho now? Lalo is gonna find out.

• Love 14

Aw jeez, I hope the writers aren’t going to give Kim the full-on Daenerys Targaryen  (Game of Thrones) treatment. The “scorched earth “ comment from Jimmy made me think of it. Her hatred of Howard seemed excessive and didn’t entirely fit with her character from previous episodes, imo.

Kinda glad Lalo survived (for now)— even though it was pretty preposterous how he managed to. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

he's not going to assume it was the kid. How did the gunmen get in? the back gate, who was by the back gate late at night? Nacho, where is Nacho now? Lalo is gonna find out.

More than likely Nacho's toast. He's one of two logical candidates and the other one is dead. Lalo can't take a chance. But he might try to play Nacho to try to prove who is enemy really is, especially if he's not totally certain. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Well, shit!  I guess Gus continuing to have Nacho's father in his crosshairs is what led to Nacho going through with picking his side (despite impressing Don Eladio at the party), but man, has he probably stepped into it now.  I figured Lalo was going to survive since Mike told Jimmy it was happening and "Saul" was under the impression Lalo was still alive in Breaking Bad.  And, sure enough, not only does he make it out, he clearly sees that Nacho was gone as well.  He has to know that isn't a coincidence.  Only other option Nacho could possibly have is say he just fled once the shooting start, but I don't think claiming your a coward is going to be a better option in the cartel world!

So, not only does Kim forgive Jimmy for the lying and the whole "working for the cartel thing" (I mean, who hasn't gone through that phase?!), but she has her sights set on a new target: Howard Hamlin.  Because, from what I can tell, she found him trying to warn her about Jimmy to be condescending and self-serving.  Which... even if that was the case (although I still think there is sincerity there), it is still an extremely dick move to want to ruin his career.  Yep, at this point, Kim and Jimmy truly deserve one another (although, freaking Jimmy of all people seemed to be getting freaked out in the end.)

The Daily Show's Roy Wood Jr. popping up as Grant/defense attorney Kim spoke to, is some of the wacky, unexpected casting I expect from this show!

Safe to say that my fondness towards Jimmy has fallen since I was rooting for Mike to beat his ass.  That, and actually nodding when Howard said Chuck always knew Jimmy the best.  He was trying to warn us all this time!

With respect to those assassins, it seems pretty clear why Gus is desperate to keep Mike around.  He's the only one who seems to be able to get shit done!

Hope the wait for the final season isn't too long: especially with the current shutdowns likely delaying a bunch of productions.  Until, I continue to hope that a) Rhea Seehorn finally gets a damn Emmy nomination and b) this shows actually wins a damn trophy: any will do at this point.  Still one of the best spin-offs ever created, and I'm curious to see how this all plays out!

• Love 19

Howard may be a glib empty suit, but he's not wrong about Jimmy or increasingly Kim being out of control.  

The most interesting thing about this episode was not all the tedious cartel glad handing or the cartoon hit.  It was Jimmy's lightbulb realization that he's bad for Kim that he seemed to stuff down almost as quickly as he had it when Kim didn't argue the point but kept going and going further out there until even he was taken aback by how far she seemed willing to go.  But now he knows, even if he clearly doesn't want to admit it, and it's going to be hard to get that genie completely back in the bottle.

Hi, Roy Wood Jr.  Didn't expect to see you in a dramatic turn on this show.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Although Rhea Seehorn was quite convincing, I’m also not into her turn to the dark side. Her past flirtations with the “con” were mildly entertaining because it was something that was relatable. However, there is nothing entertaining about destroying Howard’s career. Any why is her anger, her desire for revenge directed at Howard? Because he is successful? That is a tired excuse.

I’m not sure how the character got to this point but I don’t like it. When Jimmy tells you that you have gone too far...well, time to re-evaluate. I’m sorry to see how Kim has evolved because I don’t think that the writers have done a good job of taking her - and the viewers - on this journey.

Sorry, Gus, ”the best in the business” didn’t deliver. And Steven Bauer gets more irritating as he gets older.

I tend to agree and, judging by how Lalo looked at the decanter and glasses, he knows who the rat is. Lalo’s instincts are good. I can’t believe that I have to endure more of that character next season.

I agree with Kim's character. I believe the turn but the writers hinted but never showed her hatred before. It didn't really come out of the blue but it felt like they went step one, step 2, step 3, step 10 and skipped all the steps in between. You could see where she was going but it felt like a giant leap in just a handful of episodes. Jimmy to Saul took 5 years. Kimmy to naughty Kim took part of a year, naughty Kim to evil Kim took 5 episodes and none of them really explained it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Maybe this is what gets Jimmy to finally leave Kim, when he sees the terrible influence he has been on her, and thats his last good deed he does before he turns into Saul completely, shedding the last part of his Jimmy life. His expression when Kim walked out of the room giving him finger guns was this moment of realization that Kim is becoming a person who isnt the woman he fell for.

Great insight! Jimmy has already noted that he is “bad” for her. After what we saw tonight, I agree that Jimmy will leave her. 

• Love 9

It's enough for Lalo that Ignacio failed to try to save him.  A true #2, who just got a phenomenal intro with Eladio, and who had already demonstrated real guts and savvy in  a high stress situation(s), would have done something, anything, to come to Lalo's aid.

I liked the symmetry of Lalo's Lyle (the teen who was killed) and the depth of his loss over the Senora, who could represent for him what Gus' Chilean buddy who can not be avenged properly nor fully.  Of all the arcs, I most anticipate the Gus/Lalo dynamic.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

gunmen come to Lalo's house, kill everyone and Nacho disappears? it's pretty obvious who the rat is.

Yeah, why not just shoot when he was sitting outside in the chair...or just poison him with that drink? Oh, sorry, that later on...LOl.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

It's enough for Lalo that Ignacio failed to try to save him.  A true #2, who just got a phenomenal intro with Eladio, and who had already demonstrated real guts and savvy in  a high stress situation(s), would have done something, anything, to come to Lalo's aid.

I liked the symmetry of Lalo's Lyle (the teen who was killed) and the depth of his loss over the Senora, who could represent for him what Gus' Chilean buddy who can not be avenged properly nor fully.  Of all the arcs, I most anticipate the Gus/Lalo dynamic.

I think either Lalo's going to kill Nacho or Nacho's going to kill Lalo. They are the only one left and I'm sure they both have guns. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Kim has gone full-on Lady Macbeth.

I agree.  With Kim, her "damned spot" keeps getting bigger the longer she stays with Jimmy and his association with the cartel.  So she has to "rub" more and more by taking on more pro bono clients and thinking about how to bring down Howard 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

I don't know Kim anymore.  She doesn't even look the same.  I guess that's some feat of acting and writing, but I'm not into it.

I mean seriously, right? What did Howard ever do to her to make her want to destroy him? 
Nacho is dead man walking now. That poor old lady got killed. ☹️Lalo’s El Chapo tunnel was something. When he peeled that ski mask off that assassin’s burnt face... 😬

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I mean seriously, right? What did Howard ever do to her to make her want to destroy him? 
Nacho is dead man walking now. That poor old lady got killed. ☹️Lalo’s El Chapo tunnel was something. When he peeled that ski mask off that assassin’s burnt face... 😬

Remember when Howard put her in document review for months?

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

This episode should have left me eager to see what happens next, but I'm just not.

Lalo is just flat-out boring to me, especially now that he's an unkillable superhuman. I wish they'd just put Nacho out of his misery already.

I never thought I'd say this about Kim, but I don't give a damn about what happens to her. She can sit and spin for all I care.

We already know where Mike and Gus will end up. And the writers have utterly failed to give us any insight into Gus Fring that we didn't already have from Breaking Bad.

I guess Nacho's father and Howard are the only characters that I have an emotional stake in. That's pretty sad.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

This sort of thing makes Kim's story arc so unbelievable to me.  I get people making terrible decisions.  But, in BB and in BCS, when it used to be good, people made terrible decisions for reasons that made sense.

1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

So is Kim like Walter White, someone who's addicted to the thrill of risk? She can pretend her motive is to help the Sandpiper clients, or to punish Howard, but she really wants the high of another con - just like Walter pretended his only motivation was to help his family.

I totally get where she is coming from and it hit me right in my soul. I have ADD, which means that from time to time I will act out in a way completely contrary to what society expects and/or accepts. From time to time this will work out for me and from time to time it will be a goddamn disaster. In the case of Jimmy and Kim, they just survived a face-to-face confrontation with a cartel dude who could have ended them with a thought and they argued their way out of it. That has got to leave them feeling absolutely invulnerable. Is Howard going to show up on their doorstep with a pistol tucked into his waistband? Howard wouldn't even have the the cojones to knock. Jimmy and Kim are the ones who knock.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13

I'm still watching the finale.

It doesn't seem like Don Eladio likes Nacho.

* Didn't really believe in his plan that they could turn biker gangs against each other, and take them out.

* Didn't think Nacho understood the world he works in, if he doesn't want to look over his shoulder.

I don't think Don Eladio trusts Nacho.  He's going going to see him as someone who's not the right fit.

• Love 3

The thing with Kim is weird. Kim is a well played intriguing character but a few minutes of seeing her with her mom doesn't really explain her to me.  And I get irritated at critics who call her the show's best character.  Arguably, she might be the best performed character but I think Rhea's thrilling performances can sometimes mask some holes in her development.

We've seen her mad at Howard before in ways I thought was unfair.  The incidents were always grounded in her overprotectiveness of Jimmy, though. We saw her have similar feelings about Chuck.   

But this latest turn feels like she went from zero to 60.  There's a big difference between seeing the worst in what Howard does, even when I don't feel he deserves it, out of a protectiveness over Jimmy compared to wanting to destroy him.  And there's a big difference between enjoying a misdemeanor con or two and being willing to commit felonies in order to make that destruction happen.

I don't think Howard only approached Kim for her own good.  I think it was partly to make her aware of what was happening with him because he rightly suspected she didn't know.  But I think he still hoped to help Jimmy because if anyone could get through to him, it'd be Kim.  I don't think he fully gave up on Jimmy until he saw Kim's reaction and realized there was no stopping Jimmy now.

I don't think we need Lalo  but I also am finding Lalo sexy for some reason so I'm not upset he's still around. 

I did have a funny reaction about ages in this episode. I have not been bothered by the fact that the actors are about 15-20 years older than the characters they're playing until I saw Don Eladio. 

• Love 15

Well, after giving it a bit more thought, I have figured out a couple of things that we are supposed to take away from this episode.

1. Clearly the producers feel that there is mileage to be had in keeping Lalo, Nacho, and Howard, in the picture. At least now, with Kim's plan, there's a reason for Howard to stick around. I figured, like most of us probably did, that Lalo would go down in a blaze of glory in this one, but since that didn't happen I think his arc with Nacho will play out, amazingly enough, north of the border. Bold prediction: Nacho earns his (and his dad's) freedom from Fring [say that three times fast] by offing Lalo with no traces leading to Gus. Probably a concerted effort with Mike.

2. Another bold prediction: I don't see Lalo bothering Jimmy and Kim any more. He's got two targets - Nacho and Gus - and I can't see him taking his eye off of that for even a second.

3. Kim's delving into all of this felony pro bono work will open up the door to a whole rogue's gallery of little fun easter egg characters and happenings that we see throughout Breaking Bad, such as Danny, without whom a moneylaundering operation cannot work; Jimmy In-and-Out; and the proper establishment of Ice Station Zebra Associates.

4. Kim's further delving into the Albuquerque criminal underbelly will also have her be the one who will end up having to contact the Disappearer - not Saul. Saul will end up learning all of this stuff from her, not the other way around.

Still trying to piece together what will give Saul his groove back, but I'm seeing these as important steps in the story.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, scenario said:

I agree with Kim's character. I believe the turn but the writers hinted but never showed her hatred before. It didn't really come out of the blue but it felt like they went step one, step 2, step 3, step 10 and skipped all the steps in between. You could see where she was going but it felt like a giant leap in just a handful of episodes. Jimmy to Saul took 5 years. Kimmy to naughty Kim took part of a year, naughty Kim to evil Kim took 5 episodes and none of them really explained it. 

Well, Howard did bury her at HHM, even after Kim delivered the Mesa Verde pot of gold. Her loathing of Howard is quite reasonable, but the irrational self destructive white-hot hatred is puzzling, and I suspect we will get another flashback featuring a much younger Kim which illuminates her psychology. If it's well written it'll help the story, and if it isn't it'll be kind of clunky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11