Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E03: A Hard Jay's Night

• Start Topic

The Challengers blow up trucks during the badass “Decode and Detonate” challenge. Jay finds himself in the middle of a dangerous love triangle that could result in his demise. Wes and Bananas’ alliance faces its first true test of loyalty.

Airs April 15, 2020.

I saw CT's loss coming. They spent the second half of the episode hyping up how Jay's gonna lose. Watching the show for a number of years, you learn their tricks.

They're gonna keep throwing in Jay. This is not the last elimination he's gonna see.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

What's the point of awarding more than one skull? If Jay goes in again and loses, does he go back down to one skull and stay in the game?

I thought the same thing. TJ seemed to emphasize the two skulls.

• Love 3

Oh my god, as someone who's loved Jay's heart, his wit, his drive on Survivor and beyond: that. was. amazing.

Jay never played scared on Survivor (ask Michaela!), always wanted to throw in the big players, and people so rarely would go with him. I'm so thrilled he got to swing for the fences here and show off why he was such a dynamic player on his season.

(the only dim spot is he fell for Dee's antics. Argh, but still.)

I still hate Jay will never be on Survivor again, but damn, if I can see more eliminations like that, he might have a nice home on this ridiculous trash fire of a show. Good for him.

That. Was. AWESOME. I don't have anything against CT, and I didn't know Jay at all before this (didn't watch his season of Survivor), but that was incredibly satisfying.

Okay, I'm completely biased as I adore Millennials vs Gen X, but seriously watch it. The game play is so-so, but the characters are top notch and Jay has the closest thing to a character arc in a scripted drama I've ever seen on reality TV: starts out as this stereotype and gains so much nuance, and I'm getting emotional thinking about it for reasons. Anyway. I love that season. I'm done now.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Hate to see CT go, but I can’t help but root for Jay. I hate when they keep throwing the same person in over and over again. 

I rooted for Dee last season, but girl needs to get a grip. Rogan truly does not care. The fact that he got jealous is everything to do with his ego and nothing to do with any feelings towards her. Her blind spot when it comes to him will be her undoing.

and thanks Nelson for reminding me why I don’t like you

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

What's the point of awarding more than one skull? If Jay goes in again and loses, does he go back down to one skull and stay in the game?

2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I thought the same thing. TJ seemed to emphasize the two skulls.

That would be awesome.  Or 3 red skulls mean you are safe from elimination the rest of the game.

And say only 2 players of each gender can earn 3 red skulls.

But they’re going to play up the elimination drama.  I think the mission on this episode probably took a long time so they could have made it take up most of the 90 minutes.

However the drama comes from the voting and the politicking.

Did Jay untie all of CTs knots?  Or did CT mostly make a big knot in the middle but didn’t bother to run all the ropes and chains to prevent Jay from being able o open the door?

Seems like the latter, Jay still had this giant knot but the. All of a sudden, he’s opening the door.

Maybe CT should have run the ropes through the back of the shelter and through cinder blocks.

Seemed like Jay worked a lot more carrying more stuff from the pile to the door and then he was tiring himself removing the few big pieces CT put at the end.  But CT got more worn out removing all the heavy things in Jay’s pile.

Oh and Rogan saying he wants to go into elimination, he may be stronger but there can be a difference between stamina to carry weights repeatedly vs. lifting weights for body building.

Jay was right, he has a chance as long as it’s not some tunnel collision where guys bigger than him would have an advantage over him.

• Love 9

*sigh* The worst part about watching CT get bounced this early is that you don't know if he'll come back, or if things settle down to a degree where The Challenge can be safely filmed. I know, it's a morbid thought, but he's the first veteran to get sent packing, and he had no one to blame but himself.

I don't really have an opinion on Jay. I see him as one of an endless array of man candy that gets cast on Survivor, almost certain to frolic through the dreams of Jeff Probst. But he earned that second Skull. CT did everything short of blocking the entrance of the cell with a truck, but he gassed out trying to get through Jay's barricade.

Of course, I don't have to like how things panned out. CT volunteered for Purgatory after winning the mission, as he saw Jay as a lay-up. In a better world, Rogan would have been sent to finally prove his worth. Or maybe Johnny would have been the one to get voted into Purgatory. I hope Wes is happy, and that the open-mouth kiss he got from Johnny was worth it. Those two working together is just unnatural as fuck.

There was other stuff, but that's all I really remember. The result of the Purgatory might make would-be heroes not jump out of Tribunal to get the slam dunk.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

*sigh* The worst part about watching CT get bounced this early is that you don't know if he'll come back, or if things settle down to a degree where The Challenge can be safely filmed. I know, it's a morbid thought, but he's the first veteran to get sent packing, and he had no one to blame but himself.

So CT is my favorite and I was sad to see him go out so early, but I do appreciate the fact that he recognizes he got out played.  I looked at some interviews that were posted after the episode and he acknowledges he was coming in off a win and thought he would coast. He wants to come back and work hard to get to where he was before.  It was a much more mature CT than in years past. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I see him as one of an endless array of man candy that gets cast on Survivor, almost certain to frolic through the dreams of Jeff Probst.

Jeff Probst was not a fan of Jay (which is why the latter is now on The Challenge). He only won two immunities on Survivor and survived more with his killer social game than by being a challenge beast. Heck, Jay even looked tall at times on Survivor, given all those shorter men, as opposed to here when he's the runt of the litter.

One minor bone to pick with Jay, however: he said he "grew up watching CT," and ... no. Jay is 30, CT is 39. They're basically both millennials, so.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Oh my god, as someone who's loved Jay's heart, his wit, his drive on Survivor and beyond: that. was. amazing.

Jay never played scared on Survivor (ask Michaela!), always wanted to throw in the big players, and people so rarely would go with him. I'm so thrilled he got to swing for the fences here and show off why he was such a dynamic player on his season.

(the only dim spot is he fell for Dee's antics. Argh, but still.)

I still hate Jay will never be on Survivor again, but damn, if I can see more eliminations like that, he might have a nice home on this ridiculous trash fire of a show. Good for him.

Okay, I'm completely biased as I adore Millennials vs Gen X, but seriously watch it. The game play is so-so, but the characters are top notch and Jay has the closest thing to a character arc in a scripted drama I've ever seen on reality TV: starts out as this stereotype and gains so much nuance, and I'm getting emotional thinking about it for reasons. Anyway. I love that season. I'm done now.

Millennials vs Gen X was full of personalities. That was the first full season of Survivor that I ever watched. Afterwards, I went back and binged all the previous seasons I could get my hands on. Last night was a night of good TV. Survivor and The Challenge did not disappoint.

• Love 4

1) Nelson once again proves he has no political skills. Nelson seems to be everyone's new backup plan. They may give Jay a short break by tossing in Nelson for 1 round or they keep tossing in Jay until he goes home and then the target switches to Nelson.

I'm not shocked that once Jenna voted for Nelson that Nany and Kailah followed up because I assume they vote as a bloc.

2) I'm over the Rogan and Dee soap opera.

3) I thought once CT saw the elimination that he would choose not to go in because it didn't look like an elimination that relied brute strength or speed. It looked like an "equalizer challenge" like a puzzle or strategic game. I thought that once he got to elimination and saw what it was, he was gonna put in Nelson.

4) With the twist everybody has to get a red skull, the effectiveness of alliances doesn't go as far so it's confusing to strategize.

5) They added 30 minutes to the running time instead of the show being an hour just to add in a bunch of BS.

6) By that one scene with Cory, Fessy and Nelson, it looks like Fessy has chosen his alliance now.

7) Cory is back to win this season. He's playing differently than he's played before. He seems to be more subtle than previous seasons. Unlike Nelson, Cory's playing more of a Wes game now than the bullish-Young Buck-guns blazing strategy that he's had before.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

1) Nelson once again proves he has no political skills. Nelson seems to be everyone's new backup plan. They may give Jay a short break by tossing in Nelson for 1 round or they keep tossing in Jay until he goes home and then the target switches to Nelson.

I'm not shocked that once Jenna voted for Nelson that Nany and Kailah followed up because I assume they vote as a bloc.

3) I thought once CT saw the elimination that he would choose not to go in because it didn't look like an elimination that relied brute strength or speed. It looked like an "equalizer challenge" like a puzzle or strategic game. I thought that once he got to elimination and saw what it was, he was gonna put in Nelson.

1) I thought a couple of the votes for Nelson were burn votes but then it gathered some momentum.

3) Also stamina.  Jay ran back and forth more than CT to bring heavy objects.  Then when they tried to open the shelters, CT was getting gassed moving things away from the door.

• Love 4

I have an unpopular opinion in that I adore Ashley.  Don't get me wrong, I think she's a horrible human being, but a complete sociopath with a bank account is great tv.  I don't even hate Johnny like I used to, but I'll fully admit, I was rooting for Ashley to pull off the coup. She just makes me laugh.  What can I say?  I'm a horrible person, lol.

Speaking of Johnny, I'm enjoying the romance with Wes.  It's fun to change it up, and somewhere along the line, I became a huge Wes fan.  I couldn't tell you when or why it happened - I don't think I have ever hated anyone as much as I hate Wes on his Austin RW season.  But now?  I kinda love him.  

They really telegraphed that CT was going to lose.  I was hoping they were trying to fake me out, but alas.  First they are stuck in this awful bunker instead of a sunny locale, and now my favorite eye candy is gone.  *sigh*

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, scrb said:

1) I thought a couple of the votes for Nelson were burn votes but then it gathered some momentum.

The woman who put his name in said she was just burning her vote.  The others seem to have just jumped on because it gave them an out between Johnny and Jay. 

1 hour ago, lasu said:

I was rooting for Ashley to pull off the coup.

I was rooting for her to pull off the coup because (although I haven't seen the show since season 29), Johnny traditionally bullied everyone to keep himself out of the elimination game. I love it when the newbies (relatively speaking) gang up on the vets.  They don't do it nearly often enough. 

I also loved that Johnny acknowledged in a brute strength contest nobody (traditionally) was better than CT and can make a joke about the fact that CT carried him like a backpack (and they showed the video!).  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, scrb said:

I believe Jenna's vote was a burn vote but her alliance followed suit. Their plan was to burn on Nelson. I would think those 3 that I mentioned decided to burn on Nelson not knowing that other people would also vote for him... which I think they probably didn't care whether Nelson went in or not. It was a burn vote, but it made no difference to them if their vote actually meant Nelson going in or not.

After Jay, Nelson, now, becomes the easiest person to vote for and therefore the next target... just by default. It just became easier to say his name after this episode's vote. Nobody has any real allegiance to Nelson other than Cory. Nelson doesn't have a solid bloc of people that wouldn't vote for him.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, lasu said:

I have an unpopular opinion in that I adore Ashley.  Don't get me wrong, I think she's a horrible human being, but a complete sociopath with a bank account is great tv.  I don't even hate Johnny like I used to, but I'll fully admit, I was rooting for Ashley to pull off the coup. She just makes me laugh.  What can I say?  I'm a horrible person, lol.

I loved it! It put me in suspense and on the edge my seat.

• Love 1

I’m an unabashed Smashley Stan since day one. She’s crazy,funny, and hot. What’s not to like?

I sincerely hope there is a twist with the Red Skulls.   Whether it’s an advantage in the final or even immunity if you get to 3. Just throwing in Jay until he loses is BS. Say he wins 3 eliminations, what purpose would multiple red skulls serve if he loses his fourth elimination?

• Love 2

What is wild about this season is that I keep forgetting some of the challengers are there. Barely see Jenna, Kyle, KC, Josh, Melissa and wouldn’t know Kailah was there if Bear wasn’t crushing on her. 

Both CT and Aneesa need to get in shape and take it more seriously. I know CT just came off a win but he was struggling breathing with exercise/exertion. Aneesa is just out of shape getting bigger and bigger. No way she gonna out hustle any of the others. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I sincerely hope there is a twist with the Red Skulls.   Whether it’s an advantage in the final or even immunity if you get to 3. Just throwing in Jay until he loses is BS. Say he wins 3 eliminations, what purpose would multiple red skulls serve if he loses his fourth elimination?

Yeah, there's got to be a twist with the red skulls. There would be no point to getting more than 1 otherwise, and TJ made kind of a big show of pointing it out. 

1 hour ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

What is wild about this season is that I keep forgetting some of the challengers are there. Barely see Jenna, Kyle, KC, Josh, Melissa and wouldn’t know Kailah was there if Bear wasn’t crushing on her. 

Both CT and Aneesa need to get in shape and take it more seriously. I know CT just came off a win but he was struggling breathing with exercise/exertion. Aneesa is just out of shape getting bigger and bigger. No way she gonna out hustle any of the others. 

I totally forgot that Jenna was there until the voting. 

I agree about CT and Aneesa needing to get back in shape. The thing is, CT keeps saying he's going to train harder and come back like his old self, but then Dad Bod CT shows up. I guess the fact that he was able to coast by without seeing an elim didn't give him much incentive to do so, but I hope he really does it this time.  Aneesa...well, she was never in shape, but she's really let herself go now. 

13 hours ago, AntFTW said:

2) I'm over the Rogan and Dee soap opera.

The Rogan and Dee drama is so annoying.  He just wanted to move on and bang whoever, but he expected her to not do the same.  Gross. She can do better (hello! Jay is right there!) but is still hung up on meathead. 

I love Jay, but I also really like CT.  I was sad to see CT go, and wish that it was Rogan or Nelson instead.  

• Love 4

Realizations:

This Season = Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Jay = the innocent-looking rabbit

CT = the knight whose head just came off thanks to the bunny

And the messed-up thing? I don’t think there are Grenades in Total Madness, let alone the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

And I guess Teege = the wizard Tim? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Zima said:

The Rogan and Dee drama is so annoying.  He just wanted to move on and bang whoever, but he expected her to not do the same. 

I don't think he cares too much about her banging anyone else. He just don't want anyone else to be her number one in the game. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am also over the Rogan/Dee drama. I can't believe she's still that obsessed with him and calling him her number one after what he did to her last season. When she was flirting with Jay, she kept looking back to see if Rogan was watching her. She's slowly turning into Cara when Cara was obsessed with Kyle.

Good for Jay. I really hope he's got a bit of an advantage now with 2 skulls. 

I have to keep laughing at the little scenes the editors keep throwing in where Bear waxes poetic about Kailah.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, lasu said:

I have an unpopular opinion in that I adore Ashley.  Don't get me wrong, I think she's a horrible human being, but a complete sociopath with a bank account is great tv.  I don't even hate Johnny like I used to, but I'll fully admit, I was rooting for Ashley to pull off the coup. She just makes me laugh. 

Absolutely agree. She entertains the hell outta me and I was praying she'd succeed in getting Johnny sent in. Her, "make some friends, weirdo" was amazing lol.

Jay beating CT was so fucking satisfying. I don't hate CT and I did hate Jay in Survivor, but that was just so much fun. Plus, I will root for any rookie (yes, even fucking Bayleigh!) over any vet. 

Something is definitely coming with being able to get more than 1 red skull. At least I hope it is lol.

I think Kaycee might have joined the Kailah/Jenna/whoever the other one is trifecta, which gross lol. She voted with them for Nelson.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think Kaycee might have joined the Kailah/Jenna/whoever the other one is trifecta, which gross lol. She voted with them for Nelson.

Maybe, but she might have been somewhat savvy with her vote.  There seems to be a CBS alliance, so she wasn't likely to want to vote for Jay.  Voting for Johnny gets his attention and she plays a pretty low key game.  So she literally could have just been burning her vote where it seemed safest.  I actually hope she lasts long enough to be featured more.  I'm interested to see how she does in this game, which isn't completely dissimilar to Big Brother.

• Love 3

Either CT was gassed out from the start or he was too cocky that he'll win because it seemed like he was moving in slow motion. 

I always get second hand embarrassment from watching some of these women - Dee, Cara Maria, Nani...they're adults still acting like teenagers trying to make a guy jealous, being overly clingy. It's hard to watch.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Lola82 said:

Either CT was gassed out from the start or he was too cocky that he'll win because it seemed like he was moving in slow motion. 

I always get second hand embarrassment from watching some of these women - Dee, Cara Maria, Nani...they're adults still acting like teenagers trying to make a guy jealous, being overly clingy. It's hard to watch.

I think it’s moreso that he was gassed out. Jay was moving fast and CT was moving pretty slow, but at the end it seemed pretty close.

I think had he picked up the pace, he would have won.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, xfuse said:

I don't think he cares too much about her banging anyone else. He just don't want anyone else to be her number one in the game. 

I think he wants both. I have a feeling that Dee is going to stop her flirtations with Jay to appease Rogan since she made her point, and in the hopes that he won't flirt with other women. 

2 hours ago, Lola82 said:

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I think it’s moreso that he was gassed out. Jay was moving fast and CT was moving pretty slow, but at the end it seemed pretty close.

I think had he picked up the pace, he would have won.

I think Jay's strategy of looping the chains through the cinder blocks also bought him a lot of time.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, lasu said:

I actually hope she lasts long enough to be featured more.  I'm interested to see how she does in this game, which isn't completely dissimilar to Big Brother.

I do think she'll last awhile but I don't think she'll ever be featured. There's not much there, especially for this show lol.

• Love 3
On 4/15/2020 at 11:31 PM, Eolivet said:

Just a quick thank you note - I'm on ep 5 of M v GX and loving it!! Have an early love for Jay thanks to the Challenge, and Michaela thanks to Michaela. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Just a quick thank you note - I'm on ep 5 of M v GX and loving it!! Have an early love for Jay thanks to the Challenge, and Michaela thanks to Michaela. 

Yay!!! Keep me posted. I live to talk about mvgx. I love it so.

And now you can also see why some Challenge faithful have wished for Michaela on this show for years (but I believe CBS will never let her go).

I wish CBS hadn't extended their 1-year contract to a 2-year contract after the mass exodus of Swaggy C, Bayleigh, Fessy and Kaycee from Big Brother. I wonder if it may be a while before we see new CBS rookies here again.

37 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Yay!!! Keep me posted. I live to talk about mvgx. I love it so.

And now you can also see why some Challenge faithful have wished for Michaela on this show for years (but I believe CBS will never let her go).

I wish CBS hadn't extended their 1-year contract to a 2-year contract after the mass exodus of Swaggy C, Bayleigh, Fessy and Kaycee from Big Brother. I wonder if it may be a while before we see new CBS rookies here again.

I would give Michaela a serious hell yeah vote to an appearance. She's like the anti-Bayleigh, I love her. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lola82 said:

The thing is, they are all good looking women, they don't need to act that way.  I mean sure Cara Maria could wash her hair more but she is pretty.

I am not sure if they lack confidence or what.

Why is it that Just Peachy does not like Jay?  What did Jay do?  Was it because he called him Jeffery (That's a joke, though Probst does seem like the type of guy that would be deeply offended by being called Jefferey)?

• Love 3
On 4/18/2020 at 12:28 AM, BK1978 said:

Why is it that Just Peachy does not like Jay?  What did Jay do?

I've written a mini-novel about this in the Survivor forum, but I believe the short answer is: Jay is not Alpha male enough to be a "challenge beast," he's not strategic enough to be a gamebot and he's not dumb enough to get into a showmance. He defies Survivor characterization, and thus comes across as unmemorable for Jeff. I also think Jeff found him lazy, and kind of a fool (the show took odd pleasure in his downfall after humanizing him for the prior two episodes).

Survivor has bigger challenge beasts, smarter players and better eye candy, not realizing some of us like our players to be well-rounded human beings versus caricatures.

I'm beyond curious to see how Jay does in the rest of The Challenge. In Survivor terms, that's an awfully big target he painted on his back with that win.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I've written a mini-novel about this in the Survivor forum, but I believe the short answer is: Jay is not Alpha male enough to be a "challenge beast," he's not strategic enough to be a gamebot and he's not dumb enough to get into a showmance. He defies Survivor characterization, and thus comes across as unmemorable for Jeff. I also think Jeff found him lazy, and kind of a fool (the show took odd pleasure in his downfall after humanizing him for the prior two episodes).

Survivor has bigger challenge beasts, smarter players and better eye candy, not realizing some of us like our players to be well-rounded human beings versus caricatures.

I'm beyond curious to see how Jay does in the rest of The Challenge. In Survivor terms, that's an awfully big target he painted on his back with that win.

Great post.  I hope he continues to do well, and makes it to the final. Maybe he'll be safe from being thrown into more eliminations after he obtains a certain amount of red skulls? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Hiacios said:

Who else was happy that Jay won?

I remember not liking Jay on Survivor, though I honestly cannot remember why.  Most of the recent Survivor seasons seem to blend into each other for me.  That being said I was happy to see him win on here and I hope he continues to take fools out.

• Love 3

With all the speculation about getting more than one red skull and if it means anything, what if you can give away a red skull??  I would think that you cannot, because Teej has been so insistent that they have to see an arena to face "his challenge" and this would defy that, but I think it would make things interesting!

14 hours ago, Zima said:

Great post.  I hope he continues to do well, and makes it to the final. Maybe he'll be safe from being thrown into more eliminations after he obtains a certain amount of red skulls? 

I hope there is a limit to how many red skulls you can collect because it doesn't make sense that you can keep throwing the same person in an elimination. 

• Love 2

As much as I love CT he really coasted to a win last time. He's been riding on his reputation. I love the Challenge and maybe they can do a "Senior Circuit" someday. I remember Jay on Survivor but I really remember him from Ex On The Beach when he was with Morgan who is currently pregnant by Cory.

Rogan looked green after Jay sent CT home after all of Rogan's big talk about wanting to go in. I would love to see Jay send him home. I think the red skull speculation here must be on the right track because otherwise they would keep sending Jay in and he could end up being the only male qualified to run the finale.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

As much as I love CT he really coasted to a win last time. He's been riding on his reputation. I love the Challenge and maybe they can do a "Senior Circuit" someday. I remember Jay on Survivor but I really remember him from Ex On The Beach when he was with Morgan who is currently pregnant by Cory.

Rogan looked green after Jay sent CT home after all of Rogan's big talk about wanting to go in. I would love to see Jay send him home. I think the red skull speculation here must be on the right track because otherwise they would keep sending Jay in and he could end up being the only male qualified to run the finale.

I watched Ex on the Beach also. As far as I know, Morgan is currently with Johnny Bananas.

Cory mentioned that him and Taylor from AYTO are expecting on the first episode of the Challenge. Cory is really going through all of the AYTO girls. Cheyenne, Alicia, and Taylor are all from that show and two them either have or will have babies with Cory.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I remember Jay on Survivor but I really remember him from Ex On The Beach when he was with Morgan who is currently pregnant by Cory.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I watched Ex on the Beach also. As far as I know, Morgan is currently with Johnny Bananas.

Cory mentioned that him and Taylor from AYTO are expecting on the first episode of the Challenge. 

I was about to have my mind blown thinking Morgan and Cory were having a baby! Didn't expect it to be Taylor from AYTO either, but that shocks me less. Anyway, these people really need to stop procreating with each other. It's not good for the world tbh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was about to have my mind blown thinking Morgan and Cory were having a baby! Didn't expect it to be Taylor from AYTO either, but that shocks me less. Anyway, these people really need to stop procreating with each other. It's not good for the world tbh.

Haha for sure. But Ryder is really cute 

• Love 1

Aww, CT. That was a cool elimination, and it really could have gone either way. CT was a really good sport about the whole thing, and I'm really liking Jay. Hopefully he gets a break from elims for a while, or we get the fun of him sending annoying vets home. *coughRogancough*

God, Dee is annoying. What a psycho. She and Rogan kind of deserve each other though.

I had to laugh at a quick cut of a non-costumed CT hanging with all the kiddies during their night out. At some point, all the drunken teenage-like drama has to get a bit old. Or maybe that's just my own 11+ yrs sober, "get off my lawn" perspective.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:52 AM, MaggieG said:

I am also over the Rogan/Dee drama. I can't believe she's still that obsessed with him and calling him her number one after what he did to her last season. When she was flirting with Jay, she kept looking back to see if Rogan was watching her. She's slowly turning into Cara when Cara was obsessed with Kyle.

I have to keep laughing at the little scenes the editors keep throwing in where Bear waxes poetic about Kailah.

I should totally hate Bear, and it's a good thing I forget every season right after it happens, but Bear is so entertaining this challenge. I love those little bits, lol.

As unholy as the Wes/Bananas alliance is, I'm enjoying it, for the 3 minutes it's going to last. 

Overall, I'm liking this season, but there's still something very physically dark about it. I'm still missing the tropical locales, and actual windows in the challenge house. 

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3
On 4/17/2020 at 8:52 AM, MaggieG said:

On 4/20/2020 at 11:54 AM, Hiacios said:

I hope there is a limit to how many red skulls you can collect because it doesn't make sense that you can keep throwing the same person in an elimination. 

I am hoping that 2 skulls = no longer eligible for elimination.  TJ gave his speech about earning the way into the finals by getting one red skull.  Two red skulls should mean you're untouchable.  Because if one skull means you're in the finals - and now Jay has two - what would be the point of throwing him in again to potentially lose his place altogether, a place that he's already earned?  Plus, I would really like to see the look on the men's faces when they realize that they can no longer throw in the "layup."

I also adored Jay on Survivor so I don't want him to have to keep going in to prove himself.

• Love 5

Re: Skull Collection Theory

TJ made a big to-do about how players had to fight in Purgatory to enter the final. My theory: if there are x number of spots for the final, then throwing in someone who already went reduces the number of potential competitors (x-1). While power players might feel they’re denied lay-ups in that final mission, they have the possibility of fewer people running alongside them.

Finally caught up! 

On 4/20/2020 at 3:48 PM, AntFTW said:

I’m actually really surprised that the Morgan factor hasn’t come up yet. From what I remember, Morgan was still with Jay when she came onto WotW one and started her relationship with Johnny, and at the Ex on the Beach reunion Jay accused her of cheating on him with Johnny. The fact that the challenge producers haven’t brought up the history between Jay and Johnny makes me think Johnny doesn’t want it discussed. 

On 4/19/2020 at 9:20 AM, Eolivet said:

I always figured Jay just sort of had the misfortune to be on a season with a lot of big characters who were more memorable than he was (not that he wasn’t memorable). But you’re right about Probst’s alpha male thing. To fit into one of his preferred categories, you either need to be a buff dude or a super dorky dude. I loved Jay on Survivor and will hope he lasts a long time on this show.

Every time Dee appears on my TV, I wince. First of all, her cat makeup was ridiculous. Second of all, her kissing technique looked like she was trying to swallow Jay’s head. Finally, I’d like to blame editing, but I think she really does talk about Rogan all day, every day. She absolutely cannot get over the fact that he jilted her and is constantly looking for evidence that he still truly loves her. She kept pushing him with the flirtation with Jay, trying to get a reaction that she could tell herself meant he was jealous because he still loved her. As soon as she got it, she acted like this meant they were on the same page because they’ve proven that at the end of the day they care about each other deeply and don’t want to see each other hurt. Dee, you’re a moron. Rogan doesn’t love you. Rogan loves himself.

• Love 3

Michaela is not coming on this show.  She’s better than all these fools!

I think it’s going to be funny when they keep throwing Jay in and he mows them all down and is the only male eligible to run TJ’s final.

Ashley sucks.  I’m sorry.  But she picks and picks and picks and then as soon as she gets shit back she runs away and quits.

And she made me take John’s side AGAIN and that is unforgivable.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3