Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E03: A Hard Jay's Night

• Start Topic

On 4/17/2020 at 2:40 AM, Lantern7 said:

Realizations:

This Season = Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Jay = the innocent-looking rabbit

CT = the knight whose head just came off thanks to the bunny

And the messed-up thing? I don’t think there are Grenades in Total Madness, let alone the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

And I guess Teege = the wizard Tim? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I wound up using MS Paint and posted it on my Flickr. It's nowhere near as good as the stuff I used to do in the Pixel Challenges on Television Without Pity, and I don't understand why the fifth "panel" is so big . . . but I hope you guys like it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Anybody want to relive MTV's most watched Challenge clip for the entire month of April? (no surprise)

This never gets old, and I love how it's cut with the confessionals: Bananas' personal experience in eliminations vs CT, Bear crowing, "vintage CT is back," Tori declaring "Jay doesn't seem to have a strategy," CT's maniacal laugh. And how the crowd absolutely loses their minds when Jay wins. Although notable to me is that Dee is absolutely stone-faced. Which puts her in an even worse light, and reinforces how much she was using Jay and couldn't have cared less about him.

The elimination from the GoPro Jay had on

This was fascinating and showed more strategy in what Jay was doing than the show did. He spent 10 minutes on ropes and chains, 10 minutes on dragging heavy stuff (although interwoven with ropes and chains). It also showed the flaw in CT's strategy, because Jay only had to move 4-5 heavy pieces, then focus on the knots. If CT had piled heavy things in front of the bunker door, I'm not sure Jay would've won. Working on the knots allowed him to take a breath and regain his focus. If Jay had to lift 10-15 more heavy things, he might've gassed out. CT needed to use his size against Jay, not his savant knot-tying ability.

But he didn't, and we have an elimination for the ages. Still, CT overthought this challenge. With his size advantage, he needed to turn it into, "who can lift more heavy stuff." By not giving Jay enough heavy stuff to lift, he played himself.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 2