Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Big Sad Eyes and a Wrinkled Hot Dog

jewel21

So this is what they were building up to with all the Christy-is-lonely stuff? I'm all for it. She had great chemistry with that woman. And Bonnie shacked up with Rosie O'Donnell for a while, so it sounds like they're both fluid, orientation-wise.

I trust the writers not to reinforce the idea that she's "settling" for lesbianism because she can't find a man.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I felt for Jill in this episode, putting on those bed covers just sucks.

The little scene with Margerie doing phone sex was hilarious XD. Poor Christie & Jill. 

They write the friendship between Bonnie and Tammy so well, last episode they had that amazing "none of us can swim let's hug" moment, and now Bonnie gave Tammy an amazing new perspective about her business ventures, which was on point and true. I love how those two take care of each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Blakeston said:

So this is what they were building up to with all the Christy-is-lonely stuff? I'm all for it. She had great chemistry with that woman. And Bonnie shacked up with Rosie O'Donnell for a while, so it sounds like they're both fluid, orientation-wise.

I trust the writers not to reinforce the idea that she's "settling" for lesbianism because she can't find a man.

I just figured she was trying it out, only to confirm she's indeed straight. I always thought she should have stayed with Adam's brother. It wouldn't have worked for the show, but it would have been great for her character.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Dear God, I hope they don't go there. Bonnie is bisexual, however they label it, and why not Christie? I have friends who didn't come out until they were in their 40s. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Who is this Wayne that Marjorie was talking to??

He's the guy she went out with in the episode "Somebody's Grandmother and the A-List" (ep 15).

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I don't. And that's exactly what it's going to look like if they put Christie in a relationship with a woman. She has talked of nothing but men. I took the kiss just to show how grateful she was for anyone showing her some attention. I don't want this to become a thing, though. 

You would think a nurse would know better than to gamble on a gas station hot dog, but the reality is there are two kinds of nurses (and doctors) - either they are hypochondriacs, or they dismiss everyone else as hypochondriacs. Wendy must be one of the latter.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

You would think a nurse would know better than to gamble on a gas station hot dog, but the reality is there are two kinds of nurses (and doctors) - either they are hypochondriacs, or they dismiss everyone else as hypochondriacs. Wendy must be one of the latter.

So true - half the nurses/doctors I know don’t exercise, eat crap, and smoke and/or drink.  What I loved was Wendy’s adventurous ‘yeah I’ll have some sketchy ceviche’ attitude after she got better.

Great episode, by the way.  I wish they had more like this, that involved the whole main cast (though I did miss my handsome boy Gus!)

• Love 12

Okay episode, but not a stellar one.  The endless room switching was sort of amusing, Jill wrestling with the fitted sheet was a nice bit of physical comedy, and that's probably the most we've heard Wendy talk about herself, but the timing of the episode overall never seemed to quite jell.

Without more to go on, Christy kissing the woman the end didn't feel like anything more than a moment of appreciation that someone saw her and paid attention to her after complaining and complaining and complaining that there were no men, that no one notices her, she's so lonely, etc.  I mean, it wouldn't be the first time someone obsessed about men men men only to realize it wasn't men they wanted if that's where the show wants to go, but it didn't feel like a big revelatory moment.

I love the Bonnie-Tammy relationship too.  But while it was nice that Bonnie could be there to talk Tammy through her business options, it didn't result in anything more than a vague "you'll figure it out somehow."  Jill's an interesting character and no, she doesn't owe it to her friends to be the open bank of the A/A group, but as always, there's a little part of me that wonders if she's really so annoyed by their asking or continually having to "slum" it with them what she's even doing with them. Unless they hit the lottery as a group, that situation isn't likely to change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Marjorie having phone sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a little aside about Beth Hall, she is a poker player. Saw her on ESPN a year or two ago. Her dream is to be the first woman to win the world series of poker in vegas. 

• Useful 11
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

i thought Anna Faris played it like there was genuine attraction on her part - not just a "this is how desperate I am" moment.

I’m not sure it was written to be a throw away thing.  I would not be surprised if we see that character again.

I would prefer it over the tired I need a man jokes. They are not even a little funny at this point.   

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mammaM said:

Marjorie having phone sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a little aside about Beth Hall, she is a poker player. Saw her on ESPN a year or two ago. Her dream is to be the first woman to win the world series of poker in vegas. 

Does that mean the card shuffling was not some trickery??? Color me impressed. Solid episode. I loved Jill's struggle with the sheet though I do hope some kind soul told her at one point how it's done LOL! Her taking care of Wendy was very touching and Wendy's explanation for her cranky mood was a reminder of how tough things must have been at one time.

Marjorie having phone sex was great. I loved the terror on Christie and Jill's face. Tammy and Bonnie have really a wonderful bond. And damn did Bonnie nail that opening of her book - I hope she keeps writing. 

Christie's plot was once again predictable and I don't think it was about more than giving her a reminder that she's not invisible.

• Love 10

I'm with Jill when it comes to hotel linens, but I don't change the sheets, I bring a comforter and a blanket with me and lay them out on top of the made bed.

Loved everyone in this episode. Bonnie's life would make a great memoir. She's a fantastic storyteller - the scene in the first episode we meet Tammy, when Bonnie explains their whole past relationship is hysterical.

I remember back when Bonnie rekindled her relationship with the Rosie O'Donnell character, Christie said she was "Team Penis, always have been"...but I'd be fine with her re visiting that stance  - she did have chemistry with that woman and I wouldn't mind going down that road.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm with Jill when it comes to hotel linens, but I don't change the sheets, I bring a comforter and a blanket with me and lay them out on top of the made bed.

I know! That seems much easier!

• Love 1

I loved musical roommates and wished we would have more of that instead of the Blair Witch Project spoof. The stuff in the woods felt like wasted screen-time. I would have loved to see more scenes of Marjorie and Wendy talking about what it's like to be the mature one/the voice of reason. Give me more Tammy and Christie talking about what it's like for people to doubt you or your abilities or something else.

Tammy and Bonnie were fantastic. I liked Jill being nice to Wendy at the end.

I thought the kiss was just Christie testing to see if she was still into men, and to me it was pretty clear the answer was yes.

• Love 3

It’s been awhile since Christy has been in a relationship.   I think she is lonely right now and having someone,  anyone be attracted to her makes her feel better about herself.   It would be interesting if the show dabbles in Christy being interested in women for a minute.    How would she reacted to another woman?  Bonnie is just an all in kind of person.   Christy isn’t.  So it would be fascinating to she her relate to another woman romanticly.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Did you guys know that this was the season finale? Because I sure as hell didn't and now I'm sad.

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, production on Season 7 was suspended before the last two planned episodes of the year were filmed, making the 20th episode of S7 the de facto season finale.

EC1tjG7.gif

• Love 1
On 4/17/2020 at 10:51 PM, Gothish520 said:

But what do you do if traveling by air?  I am really curious to know the answer. 

• Love 2

If Bonnie was really Jill's friend she would have held down the sheets on one side of the bed and Jill wouldn't have went through so much comedic agony. Bonnie knew that Jill had never changed her own sheets before.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

If Bonnie was really Jill's friend she would have held down the sheets on one side of the bed and Jill wouldn't have went through so much comedic agony. Bonnie knew that Jill had never changed her own sheets before.

Oh that was for us, lol. Perhaps Bonnie was getting a kick out of it too. 😁 Let's imagine that she helped Jill once the camera cut away.

2 hours ago, GussieK said:

But what do you do if traveling by air?  I am really curious to know the answer. 

That's easy - I don't. 😬 Flying's not my thing.

Edited by Gothish520
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was horrified that Jill was putting her nice sheet right on top of the hotel mattress. That's not a lot of fiber between you and the thousands who have slept and secreted things there before.  If she brought all the other linens, she couldn't throw in a mattress cover?

• Love 3

None of that made much sense. On the one hand, Jill matter-of-factly hauled out those linens and acted like this was something she'd done lots of times, but on the other hand, she didn't know how to make a bed. It was an excuse to do some physical comedy, which Jaime Pressly pulled off pretty well. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

None of that made much sense. On the one hand, Jill matter-of-factly hauled out those linens and acted like this was something she'd done lots of times, but on the other hand, she didn't know how to make a bed. It was an excuse to do some physical comedy, which Jaime Pressly pulled off pretty well. 

Right, it's the meant for a punchline. Granted it is funny, but you don't go saying someone knows how to do something, especially given the menial task and then show they look like a 3 year old doing it for the first time.

• Love 1

I’m not sure it was written to be a throw away thing.  I would not be surprised if we see that character again.

The minute the character was introduced, I thought: lesbian. And there's going to be something about that. 

And the start of Bonnie's memoir was lovely. As someone who is an editor and used to run a literary arts center, I'd say: find yourself a good, supportive group (like for AA, but with WRITERS) and spend some time working on it. 

I've know people who have gone from first draft to published book, but it usually takes (at least) a few years.

And YES on nurses being people who think health rules don't apply to them! (My mom is a nurse who smoked for 60+ years).

• Love 3

I was watching some old episodes of MOM the other day. What have the writers done to the Christy character? She's just become a big joke. 

Also, Anna Faris is looking really rough compared to the older eps. 

17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I was watching some old episodes of MOM the other day. What have the writers done to the Christy character? She's just become a big joke. 

Also, Anna Faris is looking really rough compared to the older eps. 

16 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

She is a walking skeleton.

People accused the actress of abusing cocaine post-divorce but I am not knowledgeable enough about the substance to determine if that is really behind the extreme weight loss.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Harvey said:

People accused the actress of abusing cocaine post-divorce but I am not knowledgeable enough about the substance to determine if that is really behind the extreme weight loss.

Why are Chuck Lore shows plagued with actors using drugs so much?

I also wonder whether she's stressed out from taking care of her kid (who was born prematurely and has special needs.) The Christy character is, strangely enough, the least defined of the major characters. One week she's miserable and clumsy, another week, she is focused and takes great care of her friends. Her funniest moments are when she does something positive...like when she drove the fire truck, or flashed the sirens to get Jill to kiss her boyfriend. Or, when she followed Nora's advice and did nice things for her mother. Or, when she FINALLY punched her lawyer boss in the face. Strong, positive narrative arcs make Christy the most interesting, I think. But sad sack Christy is more in evidence. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kwnyc said:

I also wonder whether she's stressed out from taking care of her kid (who was born prematurely and has special needs.) The Christy character is, strangely enough, the least defined of the major characters. One week she's miserable and clumsy, another week, she is focused and takes great care of her friends. Her funniest moments are when she does something positive...like when she drove the fire truck, or flashed the sirens to get Jill to kiss her boyfriend. Or, when she followed Nora's advice and did nice things for her mother. Or, when she FINALLY punched her lawyer boss in the face. Strong, positive narrative arcs make Christy the most interesting, I think. But sad sack Christy is more in evidence. 

How true and even the writing seems to work better when Christy is positive instead of: "Oh woe is me, I'm such a screw up." "I can trip and I fuck up my life." 

Was this the last episode that aired?  I don’t think they got to film the remainder of the season due to Covid.  I am wondering if there will be a new season and if it will include any of the last season.  Also, am I the only one who does not think Adam is sexy or attractive?  He is pretty disgusting when he is drunk and or high.

Just saw this

E69169E6-C21C-4848-AAD0-4D2AF2F73EDB.jpeg

3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Was this the last episode that aired?  I don’t think they got to film the remainder of the season due to Covid.  I am wondering if there will be a new season and if it will include any of the last season.  Also, am I the only one who does not think Adam is sexy or attractive?  He is pretty disgusting when he is drunk and or high.

Just saw this

Well, that doesn't look very promising, lets hope that things go better than that!  One thing that gets me is that new commercials are being made, so if they can do that, then why can't they film a tv series?  If they're worried about the audience being too close together, then why not film it without one, it isn't absolutely necessary to have one.  There must be some way to work around it if the cast and crew are willing.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:37 PM, LucyEth said:

Just saw this

Isn't this the  case with most tv shows at the moment? Nothing is being filmed. We will have to wait a loooong time for our favorite shows to come back.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, 60sgirl said:

Well, that doesn't look very promising, lets hope that things go better than that!  One thing that gets me is that new commercials are being made, so if they can do that, then why can't they film a tv series?  If they're worried about the audience being too close together, then why not film it without one, it isn't absolutely necessary to have one.  There must be some way to work around it if the cast and crew are willing.

7 hours ago, Harvey said:

Isn't this the  case with most tv shows at the moment? Nothing is being filmed. We will have to wait a loooong time for our favorite shows to come back.

There are a handful of tv shows that have restarted filming. The only CBS show filming is SWAT. 

ETA an update from Deadline- the Chuck Lorre sitcoms are looking at mid-September to begin filming. 

Edited by Guest