Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I am so not a farm person. I would not last there or in Sequim

2 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

I need the night life and the pollution. I’m an inner city girl stuck in the burbs

You are my people. I am a city girl to my bones. 

Mother Brandon is just awful. "Tomorrow, you will get up and feed the chickens and collect the eggs!"

"Welcome to farm life!" She crows. I expect Julia will be sitting by the hearth, among the ashes, while Mother Brandon and neighbor Ashley go to the ball. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
Just now, Angry Moldovan said:

Do you think howdy doody is good in the sack? He’s got to have something other than a green card 

I think it’s the green card and Julia thinking he’ll choose her over mommy and she’ll get to live in the big city.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

City girl here. Through and Through. And I don't like camping either.

I enjoyed camping until my early 20's, now point me to the nearest hotel. 😂 My parents have a cottage which for me is perfect because it's not roughing it. 

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

You are my people. I am a city girl to my bones. 

Mother Brandon is just awful. "Tomorrow, you will get up and feed the chickens and collect the eggs!"

"Welcome to farm life!" She crows. I expect Julia will be sitting by the hearth, among the ashes, while Mother Brandon and neighbor Ashley go to the ball. 

Camping is the Chateau Lake Louise, the Jasper Park Lodge, the Banff Springs Hotel or a really nice RV.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

I actually like camping and having been in the Marines I definitely can rough it. I kind of feel like, been there, done that though. I like lots of life and action. I like visiting he country and could spent small periods of time there, i just could not live there

I applaud you for being able to serve and thank you for your service. (even though i live in Canada)

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

My sister told me I could only spend $25 on gifts for her, my brother in law, and my furry nephew. I'm still looking for a job and it's been tough with a bad economy and Covid.

In my gift from them, she got the usual Taz and Grinch ornaments. 

One of my gifts was a pair of earrings she ordered for herself and didn't like, so maybe I might like them.

She also returned two of the gift cards I gave her last year saying she didn't use them at all. Uh, keep them. You can give me the same gift card but not tell me.

She also enclosed a gift card so I can get a takeout meal for my upcoming birthday later this week. I don't feel like takeout so it won't happen this week. 

And then she enclosed two cheques - one apparently to pay for the new tires for my car and another to spend as I wish - i.e. put it toward food and such.

I spent most of the day crying, feeling it very hurtful. I know some is the Covid isolation. But, just get me a perfume rollerball and treat me like a normal person instead of what I felt was a failure. She hasn't called, I haven't called her.

My older brother, who has spent most of my life either abusing me or ignoring me, decided this year that since our father’s death in 2019 and the COVID-19 situation, he ought to be...oh, I don’t know...brotherly?  He paid me to make him masks...overpaid me, in fact.  When I told him I didn’t want to get out to the PO (between severe arthritis and the pandemic, the idea is less than appealing), he ordered me a printer, paper, and extra ink.  He also sent me money for Christmas, a very generous amount.

Part of me resents it, because I know it’s more about him making himself feel magnanimous than about me in any way.   But what the hell...I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth!  So it’s awkward, but I’m just going to take the money and run.  All bets are off in 2020.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Super shocked Rebecca wasn't wearing a Zied t-shirt, with a Zied necklace and had Zeid's face as her background on the pad.

If she really loved him, she would have his name tattooed on her in five different languages.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, nytonc said:

The only reason Betty is even tolerating Julia is because they need a farm hand. I can’t wait for the fighting to start!

When I rewatched last week's episode, Betty's jealousy was so obvious, and it continues.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I'm about fifty miles south of Sequim.   It's hard to describe. . .there's good days and bad days, but winter generally sucks here.

So... road trip to find Natalie and Mike and report back to us? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, nytonc said:

The only reason Betty is even tolerating Julia is because they need a farm hand. I can’t wait for the fighting to start!

Betty will be following Julia around as she struggles to do chores, alternately berating her and laughing at her. Its going to get ugly. Fast. 

4 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

He’s not going anywhere. Reminds me of the apple orchard virgin who couldn’t sing from Vermont

You mean 18 year old Evelyn, from Claremont, NH? I was convinced they had a lottery every year, if you know what I mean. 

3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I enjoyed camping until my early 20's, now point me to the nearest hotel. 😂 My parents have a cottage which for me is perfect because it's not roughing it. 

My idea of roughing it is no room service. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4