Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

My dad has colon cancer and was gearing up for his second surgery, but they discovered that part of his carotid artery is severely blocked. He had a stroke and now they're rushing him into surgery. There's a very high chance he won't make it. Of course, we can't be in the hospital with him. Fucking COVID. 

I'm so sorry. 

• Love 4

Ooh... that preview was.... embarrassing! If Brandon gets embarrassed.  Being on this show, maybe he doesn't.

Have a good, peaceful night everyone!

Happy early birthday Mrs. Hanson. Enjoy!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m watching Vengeance killer Millionaires...I didn’t know 600lb life was back so maybe see some of you on Wed?

I will be there! That's my OG favorite.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

are you going to sign up?

I did for the free week long trial, I have no plans to keep it.  I wanted Pillow Talk and from what I can tell it is not in production! I hope I am wrong!!  90 Day Tell All, to listen to Tarik rap?  Pass.

5 minutes ago, Bees52 said:

Ooh... that preview was.... embarrassing! If Brandon gets embarrassed.  Being on this show, maybe he doesn't.

Have a good, peaceful night everyone!

Happy early birthday Mrs. Hanson. Enjoy!

Thank you!!!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Farewell until next time.  If there is a next time.

13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Good night all! It was fun--2021 is off to a good start. See you around the forum! Have a wonderful week and wear your masks!

11 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

That’s it for me. Have a happy New Year Week, my dears. 

20 minutes ago, hula-la said:

Have a great week, snarkers. Off to H-Mart tomorrow to get all the Korean beauty products! 

18 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

See y'all Friday.  I'm gonna go have a root beer.  It's BEER, Natalie!  Made out of sassafras roots. You dumbo!

18 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Have a nice week, everyone! I'll see some of you on Wednesday for "My 600-Pound Life."

18 minutes ago, Zombness said:

Good night everyone!!  Til next week!!!  Be safe!!!

Hope your Dad pulls through @mamadrama.  I lost my grandpa to a stroke...and my Pops is on his 4th bout with thyroid cancer, plus had a fight with prostate variety, so I'm right with you in the #FUCKCANCER club.

#StaySafe! #WearYourMasks! Thanks for the laughs and the cares and the sympathies, mah PrimetimerPeeps. But still...giphy-downsized-large.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I did for the free week long trial, I have no plans to keep it.  I wanted Pillow Talk and from what I can tell it is not in production! I hope I am wrong!!  90 Day Tell All, to listen to Tarik rap?  Pass.

Thank you!!!

yes, happy birthday! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Crazy! Is he north or south of Seattle. How expensive can a one bedroom apartment be?

Seattle is very expensive because all the tech companies (Microsoft, etc.) are there and the high salaries drive up rents. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, tvrox said:

Seattle is very expensive because all the tech companies (Microsoft, etc.) are there and the high salaries drive up rents. 

I remember Kurt Cobain even talked about how it was his dream to live and play in Seattle, he was from Aberdeen and this was late 80s early 90s so it must have always been fairly expensive. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My dinner tonight was a T bone, Mike's rib eye looked so good, there is a farm where I buy my meat and they have the tomahawk cut complete with two feet of bone sticking out of it...it would not be easy to fit on my grill but I would try!  

6ED3504C-FC59-4CC2-9130-5FFC2B9F272E.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I’m surprised that Brandon's mom doesn't have a dossier filled with appropriate farmgirls for her son. Some girl who will never challenge her.

Don’t forget they had signed him up for a dating website before he spoiled their plans by meeting Julia on his own 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

I've had chicken and waffles here.....they have an insane menu at Roscoes

Bruh, that's mah CarboHeaven! The one in Hollywood was always open late, so we used to hit it for after-hours grubbin' back in the day...and (un)fortunately it was also within walking distance of the Motown/Jobete building when I worked there, so too many post-lunch füd comas 😩. And later when I moved to the South Bay, there was one a few minutes from there too, by LAX! BTW, if you couldn't already guess my hygiene regimen...

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

@Armchair Critic   I'm thinking that TLC doesn't have enough footage of Cougar and Cub and Nerd guy and French girl.

That's why they are just B stories to these A stories.

Also, maybe those foreign fiancés never made it to the US. All we know about Amira is that she’s been detained in Mexico City and Stephanie is waiting for Belize to open their borders to go see Ryan. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Is this church an offshoot of Scientology?

No - it's totally based on the beliefs and writings of Edgar Cayce. It's not really an amalgam of different beliefs. While they may welcome people of different faiths, what they promote is his psychic beliefs that he psychically "revealed" things while he slept. That's what that mattress was about. He believed in aliens and Atlantis, and thought Atlantis was powered by a giant crystal via the sun. He thought he could diagnose people's illnesses from his trance state, but was inaccurate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Have a nice week, everyone! I'll see some of you on Wednesday for "My 600-Pound Life."

I’ll be there! I’ve been an off and on watcher for several seasons and last night caught an episode I hadn’t seen before. When “Mercedes” complained to Dr. Now that she couldn’t find healthy eating options locally he said, “So you’re telling me you live in a salad free zone?” Just cracked me up because he’s not known for his humor 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Andi27 said:

What was all of that stuff on the bookshelf behind Brandon? Protein powder? Is he trying to bulk up?

I thought maybe it was medications for the animals?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Don’t forget they had signed him up for a dating website before he spoiled their plans by meeting Julia on his own 

My mom in law gave my hubby a subscription to E Harmony for his 40th birthday, lol.  Did not work out, she kept her nose out after that (mostly.)  (We got married at age 52, lol - no dating while we we married!!)

Thanks all for the birthday wishes!  Stay warm, stay masked and stay safe!

Yes, @Andi27, I think that was bulking powder in Brandon's room.  I was waiting to see, a la "Austin Powers" a penis extender!

1 hour ago, renatae said:

No - it's totally based on the beliefs and writings of Edgar Cayce. It's not really an amalgam of different beliefs. While they may welcome people of different faiths, what they promote is his psychic beliefs that he psychically "revealed" things while he slept. That's what that mattress was about. He believed in aliens and Atlantis, and thought Atlantis was powered by a giant crystal via the sun. He thought he could diagnose people's illnesses from his trance state, but was inaccurate.

Call Mike from Sequim!

So.....Natalie is unsure of Mike, wants to change all the fundamental things yet wants her ring and want to set a date?  Oy.  Mike, eat two steaks and drink THREE beers next time, fella!!!!  Natalie, he will be a veggie for the that week in front of you, but in that one hour drive to work......McD's drive through, hello!!!!

Just peeked at the "Bares All" and ugh....Angela shows up to give advice to Brandon!!!  And she swears thiis time! I did not finish, cancelling free sneak peak tomorrow.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Pretty sure a miscarriage does not require surgery. What require surgery is an abortion.

I had a miscarriage and was hemorrhaging, so I had to have a D & C. Mechanically it is the same surgery as an abortion, but in reality couldn’t be further apart. 

5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She was mad it was the same weekend as Mother’s Day...sigh she is nuts

And I believe I heard them say it would always be Mother's Day. 🙄

In 2021, May 9th is Mother's Day. In 2022, May 9th is the Monday after Mother's Day "weekend."  In 2023, it will be the Tuesday after, and so on.

These people are insufferable. Maybe some more of their interference will finally convince Brendan to grow a pair and move out.

Jovi was so cold about Yara's miscarriage that he looks like a monster. No empathy whatsoever - just irritation. No, this isn't the guy you want to have children with, Yara!

Edited by renatae
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Pretty sure a miscarriage does not require surgery. What require surgery is an abortion.

Sometimes there is an "incomplete abortion." (Abortion in this case being the medical term for miscarriage.) If that's the case, a D&C needs to be done, and it does qualify as surgery.

ETA : Sorry, ShowsILovetoHate, didn't see your answer. So sorry about your sad experience, also.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Zied got big a little bit.

I don't understand. To me, it looks like he lost a LOT of weight. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Darlabutterfly said:

I am befuddled by what a weight loss injection could be. 

Speed?

Tapeworm?

In the 1970's, my mother used to get injections of pregnant women's' urine to lose weight. It worked for her. 

In the 70's, quack doctors used to give thyroxine injections to people who had no thyroid issues, to make them lose weight. Hopefully, that's illegal now.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

An abortion can be non-surgical i.e. pop a few pills that induce a miscarriage.

4 hours ago, renatae said:

He believed in aliens and Atlantis, and thought Atlantis was powered by a giant crystal via the sun. He thought he could diagnose people's illnesses from his trance state, but was inaccurate.

Sounds like a combination of Big Mike’s beliefs and the Teletubbies.

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Scallops are not vegetables, lol.

Seafood with an IQ under 4 are considered plants?

For those keeping score, my subscription to Discover Plus lasted all of twelve hours.  All the Pillow Talks were reruns, all the crime shows were already being shown on ID, etc.  There were some new programming, but I do not need another JonBenet Ramsey documentary in my life.  I would say, that if you are looking to cut cable and really like TLC/ID/HGTV programming, it could be a choice.  But not if you already have those channels.  Plus, I was after Pillow Talk!  New Pillow Talks!!!

I am officially going to start talking like Natalie with my clenched jaw, telling my six foot seven hubby (he really is) that he can no longer eat meat, enjoy a beer (he used to brew his own, lol) and we are going to church.  (One of his requests was a civil wedding, NO mention of religion!)  Wish me luck, folks.

"We have sishuasion, babe......zere is alcohol in root beer?"

Per the whole "Is a miscarriage a D&C a surgery"  - I guess I was thinking for a surgery you have to be knocked out, but I have had a day surgery on my foot where I was awake, so I guess it depends!  Whatever it is labeled, a miscarriage is pretty unpleasant and Jovi treated Yara pretty poorly.

Per the Mother's Day thing:  I am not a fan of Mother's Day, to be blunt.  I do not like feeling like my kids are obligated to be nice to me.  How about being nice and respectful all year long?  But Brandon's mom and dad - wowsa.  That whole family is messed up.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5

I was ‘knocked out’ for all of my D&C procedures. My husband is 6’7 also and my son is 6’8. I have been a vegetarian since I was 8 years old and my husband and son are big meat eaters. I have never understood people who want to police what others eat. Then again I have an awful mother in law who told my husband I should be “thrown out in the street” for not eating meat. I have stories to top all stories with her!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

Why would Betty need therapy for the rest of her life because she heard her son and his fiancée having sex? She is BONKERS

Betty might benefit from therapy for many other reasons 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

@Darlabutterfly, If somebody has already addressed this, I apologize. But there is diet&injection combo that can promote weight loss.  Google “HCG for weight loss”.  I actually gave a try a couple of years ago.  The doctor said you eat a 500 cal daily diet (surprise, surprise) and that it would target weight in your midsection.  You can do it for 8 wks.  You injectyourself in the fatty tissue around your belly once a day.  Supposedly, you aren’t hungry whIle you starve yourself.  Allegedly one of the other women on the 90 Day shows did it prior to an event.  I bet a lot of celebs do it also.  Sure, it works.  So does starving yourself.  Fiddling with your hormones isn’t always safe. 

• Useful 1
On 1/3/2021 at 8:20 PM, mamadrama said:

That's as much as I know, though, other than the fact that their so-called "farm" is 2 miles from the interstate.

If you watch the background closely while Julia is being shown what her daily chores are, you can see the cars whizzing by. “Farm,” my ass.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, Straycat80 said:

I’m on Julia’s side here, I would not  want to take care of the pigs either. 

I wouldn’t want to be “required” to take care of any of the animals.  She is living in her future in-laws home so helping around the house is a perfectly reasonable expectation.  However, the farm is, to me, a totally different situation.  Who was responsible for taking care of the animals before Julia arrived?  Why can’t they continue to take care of the animals?

• Love 5
On 1/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, greekmom said:

This is such a fake conversation.

May 9th 2020 is a Saturday.

Mother's day ALWAYS falls on the Sunday. Which would have been May 10th 2020

Mom is claiming the whole weekend.  I think she knows the 9th isn’t on a Sunday.  She doesn’t want their wedding anniversary to fall on her weekend.  Gotta love it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DragonFlyzz said:

Mom is claiming the whole weekend.  I think she knows the 9th isn’t on a Sunday.  She doesn’t want their wedding anniversary to fall on her weekend.  Gotta love it.

Don’t know what month Betty’s birthday is in, but that entire month is off the table.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1