Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Am I the only one who thinks maybe Ashland is telling the truth and someone is setting him up?

Wishful thinking? I can't be bothered with this storyline any more since the awful recast. I just want this to end. Picture this... As the Pillsbury Asshat lies lifeless on the floor, dead body already turning blue, Grampire Newman stands over the body and mutters, "well, whadaya know, he was telling the truth after all." And then we see Michael with his arms wrapped around Lauren, both of them with looks on their faces that say, oh well.

But no, that wouldn't happen. The Pillsbury Asshat can't possibly be telling the truth. We saw the Pillsbury Asshat on the phone ordering hits on the Peruvian doctors. He is a lying bad guy.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Tracey Bregman’s face looked good! … but almost too good. Anybody think they are using a lens filter?

I agree and I've noticed her face looking much better lately. I don't think it's a lens filter, I think she's had some more work done (she got that weird Joker mouth thing fixed) and she's using more effective makeup. Yesterday I even thought her hair was nice. 😻

There are no limits to how douchey Billy could look in any given situation, so my answer to that question is *yes*!

Gotta give Billy credit though for knowing not to try to compete with his nephews Kyle and Chance in the physique arena. Compared to their bodies, I think his pale, flaccid torso looks like it belongs to a vampire who's a couple of pints low.

And in unrelated news, we have arrived, y'all. On one of our fellow soap forums we've been described as intense and merciless. Whee, I am owning that! 😉 {Especially since IMO that forum is pretty much like the Wild West: utterly lawless, lol.) AFAIC, we're being not intense and merciless enough with the travesty that is this show and certain weak storylines and actors.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

And in unrelated news, we have arrived, y'all. On one of our fellow soap forums we've been described as intense and merciless. Whee, I am owning that! 😉 {Especially since IMO that forum is pretty much like the Wild West: utterly lawless, lol.) AFAIC, we're being not intense and merciless enough with the travesty that is this show and certain weak storylines and actors.

I was on another soap forum (don't know if it was the same one) and someone said (in reference to us) "Oh don't go over there. They'll eat you alive!"

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

Hi - sorry if I missed this, but were Y&R and B&B preempted today? My DVR didn't pick it up and Paramount+ isn't showing anything - is it sportsball again?

NCAA Basketball Tournament.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I was on another soap forum (don't know if it was the same one) and someone said (in reference to us) "Oh don't go over there. They'll eat you alive!"

Hmmm ... I was at a different forum and the administrator was so arrogant and posters too that I found my way here. We snark, give our opinion and never belittle each other. This is definitely the best place to be.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I must be in a different market.

I thought the NCAA Tournament was being broadcast all over the country. Guess I was wrong-ha.

• Love 7

I'm no sports fan, and in my time zone Y&R & March Madness air at different times, but since there are time conflicts in other parts of America, we get something other than Y&R too for a few days every March.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, rcc said:

Hmmm ... I was at a different forum and the administrator was so arrogant and posters too that I found my way here. We snark, give our opinion and never belittle each other. This is definitely the best place to be.

Agreed.

I've only belonged to one other forum, many years back, and took flight from there with the hounds yapping at my heels, banned for life.  The place was insufferable, the mods unbearable and apparently, still mostly modding.  It's run like a sociopathic tea party IMO, so if they're the ones dissing us, well, that'd be rich.

The acronym might - but might not - rhyme with FOC.  

I happen to love our refuge from the storm here and as RCC says, we're good to each other.  That's something I appreciate a lot.  And the wit, and the insight and the abundance of humor.

Long life the Preverts!

• Love 21
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

So to recap, nobody is getting new episodes until fucking March Madness is over?!?

I think that after this weekend, most of the games (maybe all) will be on at night - except for the weekends. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, boes said:

Agreed.

I've only belonged to one other forum, many years back, and took flight from there with the hounds yapping at my heels, banned for life.  The place was insufferable, the mods unbearable and apparently, still mostly modding.  It's run like a sociopathic tea party IMO, so if they're the ones dissing us, well, that'd be rich.

The acronym might - but might not - rhyme with FOC.  

I happen to love our refuge from the storm here and as RCC says, we're good to each other.  That's something I appreciate a lot.  And the wit, and the insight and the abundance of humor.

Long life the Preverts!

Yes the wit and humor is another reason to come here.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

On one of our fellow soap forums we've been described as intense and merciless. Whee, I am owning that! 😉 {Especially since IMO that forum is pretty much like the Wild West: utterly lawless, lol.) AFAIC, we're being not intense and merciless enough with the travesty that is this show and certain weak storylines and actors.

Say what? 🤣 I know you're not talking about the forum I think you are! Lol If you are, then that's so sad it loops back around again to funny. But I will also own being intense & merciless over the unmitigated, 24/7. hemisphere-wide dumpster fire that place is. Before I knew this place existed, that super toxic forum Joi is likely referring to was all I had. Ngl the post/posters there were negatively effecting my mental health. However, it's nice to hear the posters there are still as snotty & hypocritical as some of the soap characters they blindly stan. 🤷‍♀️ 

51 minutes ago, boes said:

I've only belonged to one other forum, many years back, and took flight from there with the hounds yapping at my heels, banned for life.  The place was insufferable, the mods unbearable and apparently, still mostly modding.  It's run like a sociopathic tea party IMO, so if they're the ones dissing us, well, that'd be rich. That would be richer than Elon Musk & Jeff Bezos combined.

That's so messed up Boes, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I mostly lurked, I couldn't imagine actually interacting with those whackos(that is, if were talking about the same forum, I'm pretty sure we are lol). The debates, I've gotten into or witnessed on here are handled with way more class/grace. While it can be, admittedly, pretty annoying. It never really got to me too much. 

6 hours ago, rcc said:

Hmmm ... I was at a different forum and the administrator was so arrogant and posters too that I found my way here. We snark, give our opinion and never belittle each other. This is definitely the best place to be. 👍

^^^You can say that again. We're the coolest. 😎

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, gingerella said:

So to recap, nobody is getting new episodes until fucking March Madness is over?!?

(Sigh) yeah every damn year at this time. But at least it’s only two days this year. We get a new episode on Monday. Usually it’s a whole week!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, gingerella said:

March Madness will continue for a while but as the tournament gets smaller, there will be no more weekday daytime games. 

Spoiler

There is speculation that Victor gets Tara out of jail to assist in bringing down Ashland 2.0  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/10/2022 at 11:33 AM, peacheslatour said:

Victor is the show for me. When he leaves, I'll be gone too. Phyllis on the other hand? Sure, that'd be great.

The show without Victor ……… Noooooo! Especially love his animated shot in the beginning credits….. makes me laugh every time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

March Madness will continue for a while but as the tournament gets smaller, there will be no more weekday daytime games. 

Hide contents

There is speculation that Victor gets Tara out of jail to assist in bringing down Ashland 2.0  

I thought it was usually pre-empted Thursdays and Fridays?

I thought you’d like this pic, it’s from Cameron Grimes anniversary.

D9DC8F52-2385-4176-958B-69AF66200053.jpeg

• Love 8
3 hours ago, car8857 said:

I thought it was usually pre-empted Thursdays and Fridays?

I thought you’d like this pic, it’s from Cameron Grimes anniversary.

D9DC8F52-2385-4176-958B-69AF66200053.jpeg

Who are the two women next to Camryn?  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Who are the two women next to Camryn?  

That's Alice to her left and Grace on the right.  Alice is the woman who adopted Cassie as a baby, then took off and left her with her elderly mother who could barely take care of herself, let alone a child .  Grace was Sharon's best friend who tracked Cassie down for Sharon when Noah was born premature and came close to dying, but then decided she wanted to raise her herself with her boyfriend Tony when Noah survived.  I think it was close to a year before Sharon found out that Cassie was the baby she had given up for adoption.  (You may remember they brought Alice back a few years ago for that sex trafficking story involving Tessa's sister.  And Grace became Donna Logan on B&B!)

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Alice & Grace look better now & less harsh than they did when they were on Y&R. Yikes it must be Camryn's 25th anniversary - she started as Cassie in 1997!

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

That's Alice to her left and Grace on the right.  Alice is the woman who adopted Cassie as a baby, then took off and left her with her elderly mother who could barely take care of herself, let alone a child .  Grace was Sharon's best friend who tracked Cassie down for Sharon when Noah was born premature and came close to dying, but then decided she wanted to raise her herself with her boyfriend Tony when Noah survived.  I think it was close to a year before Sharon found out that Cassie was the baby she had given up for adoption.  (You may remember they brought Alice back a few years ago for that sex trafficking story involving Tessa's sister.  And Grace became Donna Logan on B&B!)

Thanks for the information.  I thought the woman on the right was Donna Logan and I wondered why she was there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
Spoiler

I’m seeing more and more articles that Tara is returning to help take down Ashland 2.0  

I also saw an article That Sasha Alexander will be on Michael Weatherly’s show Bull.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:
  Reveal spoiler

I’m seeing more and more articles that Tara is returning to help take down Ashland 2.0  

I also saw an article That Sasha Alexander will be on Michael Weatherly’s show Bull.  

Look up "rape van".

• Love 1
On 3/18/2022 at 6:59 AM, Kemper said:

I think that after this weekend, most of the games (maybe all) will be on at night - except for the weekends. 

You mean we might miss Billy trying to be intense but mostly seeming like he's trying to delve into his masterbatory history of F-ups.

Go away Devon.

Wow  - how many times will Jack tell his tale of woe. I keep waiting for Syph to show up in a jump suit with both shoulders, knees, butt cheeks and one flapin boob Amazon style.

We all know if Ashland gets bumped it will be that blackmailer guy who hated him BUT everyone will be blamed including Sharon just because. Maybe his Ex? Nah.

altho anyone who could screw Vile could do anything

maybe they could stick Tracy in a track suit and give her a giant big gulp...something about Tracy?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I got roasted and tossed on another soap forum for daring to criticize Michelle Stanford to the point where I wonder if MS is one of the mods.

I need Ashland to be not guilty but if he is guilty that’s okay too as long as they keep him on. I am loving being with Josh Lewis um I mean Robert Newman again.

• Love 10

I got roasted and tossed on another soap forum for daring to criticize Michelle Stanford to the point where I wonder if MS is one of the mods.

It was probably the "officially unofficial" soap forum for CBS. They generally don't allow any of the actors to be bad-mouthed, at least not directly. I'm pretty sure several Y&R actors or their representatives post there occasionally under aliases. Sometimes out of the blue there will be a tongue bath post about them or the character they play which comes across as utterly over-the-top. Michael Muhney notably got banned there for fighting with posters who were talking ish about Adam.

For once in a long time I'm actually looking forward to Y&R. I'm curious about what's going on with Jack and the mystery texter, and with how they're going bring Allie to GC.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It was probably the "officially unofficial" soap forum for CBS. They generally don't allow any of the actors to be bad-mouthed, at least not directly. I'm pretty sure several Y&R actors or their representatives post there occasionally under aliases. Sometimes out of the blue there will be a tongue bath post about them or the character they play which comes across as utterly over-the-top. Michael Muhney notably got banned there for fighting with posters who were talking ish about Adam.

For once in a long time I'm actually looking forward to Y&R. I'm curious about what's going on with Jack and the mystery texter, and with how they're going bring Allie to GC.

I forgot about all the Muhney arguments but didn’t realize Michael was on the boards. 

• Love 7

Oh for 💩sake.  How long will these a-hole writers drive us insane with the Blubbering Buttbiscuit?  And now it’s going to be Darvon and his second power struggle.  Total crapola. 

So now, is this show going to be nothing but people talking to themselves?  So freaking boring

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22

didn’t realize Michael was on the boards. 

I think if it wasn't him it was someone either posting on his behalf or doing a real good imitation of him. The person really seemed to be taking the negative comments about Adam personally. At the time MM was gunning hard for a Daytime Emmy and was trying to liken Adam to dark lead characters such as Don Draper, Walter White, and Tony Soprano. Not everyone was buying that POV, hence the arguments with him. (Also, this was before he was fired. The stuff with HK had not yet entered the picture.)

• Love 6

When did the MWT get hold of old episodes of The Waltons? Billy bringing the John Boy Walton "reminiscent narrative"  to the dramatic arc of today's episode was condescending as usual so at least he remained in character. I really don't need the writers' point of view of the storyline wrapped up in a box with a bow.  I like to formulate my own, and come here to find out how others experienced it differently than me. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

When did the MWT get hold of old episodes of The Waltons? Billy bringing the John Boy Walton "reminiscent narrative"  to the dramatic arc of today's episode was condescending as usual so at least he remained in character. I really don't need the writers' point of view of the storyline wrapped up in a box with a bow.  I like to formulate my own, and come here to find out how others experienced it differently than me. 

I hit the mute button every time it was just him on screen.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

So glad I record this so I can FF ALL of Billy’s scenes!  This includes those with Lily and Devon.  

Glad to have a break from Devon trying to justify his baby stealing of Dom every chance he gets.  Who the hell does he think he is?!  

Not sure what the point of Amanda and Imani (?) opening their own law firm was all about?  It lasted for about 5 seconds.  Made no sense.

Wardrobe is just stopping short of putting Sally in a nude body stocking with all the spray painted outfits they have dressed her in lately.  Demeaning to women in business who struggle to be taken seriously while looking like they just finished a trip around a stripper pole!  Sally has an awesome body but they can and should do better than that…oh and Lauren!

• Love 21
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Me too.. but they did that HAM voiceover by him at the end, spewing out the narrative the MWT had to be sure we got. Which as I said, I don't care about their opinions voiced over by Billy.

• Love 11

I watched a movie call “Swordfish” yesterday. There was an 11 year old Camryn Grimes playing the daughter of Hugh Jackman.  I didn’t recognize her at first but it took a few minutes to realize it was Camryn. She was absolutely adorable and was fantastic actress even when she was a young girl.  I went back, on YouTube, to see Camryn as a young Cassie but it’s not the same as on the TV. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I listen to a lot of podcasts. They're all either educational/informational in some way, or they're pure entertainment. For the life of me I can't figure out why someone would spend any time letting Billy Abbott whine in their ears about his miserable failures in life. Who are he and Lily planning to market this garbage to? 😒

Allie was wearing the same outfit as the last episode. So it was the same day? Jack and Phyllis must've teleported back to GC if it was still early evening there.

<...hands clenching into fists...resisting urge to punch the screen while Jill is talking vomit-coated bullsh!t about letting CI swallow HWG whole...

Stop presuming to know Kay or Neil would do, Jill. Neil wanted Lily and Devon to work together at the company he planned to leave for his heirs. That would not be the one you only own because Victor let you buy it from him. Oh gee, Kay didn't even leave CI to you. Shut up, shut up, shut up! 🤬

FFS, Billy, seek professional help and stop planning to use innocent people as hapless receptacles for your attempts at enlightenment. You are going to be roasted so hard on social media. The artist now known as Ye will look like a paragon of mental health compared to you. 🤡

Lily, YOU DON'T OWN CI, you are an employee. You aren't going to be creating a new family endeavor for you and Devon to run. Ugh, I hope after this fakakta merger happens, Devon does to you and CI what Ashland seems to be trying to do to Victoria and Newman/Locke. That is, take over and kick your behind to the curb because you are clearly in over your head. 🤨

Sure, Lily, you can claim no business will ever come between you and Devon but some automotive horsepower might, amirite? He better not ever let Dominic ride in a car with you when you're driving. 😈

Hope Devon has good lawyers of his own because his girlfriend the new CI legal chief probably can't be trusted to look out for his interests in this merger. Maybe they'll break up over it. 😏

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

O. M. G!!!  There is no way I could watch Billy rambling. I can’t watch this show live. I have to be able to FF through his bloviating. 

Also- I’ve never before seen a CEO wearing a suit that shows her bra. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I went with the "skip ahead 30 seconds" button many many several times. 

Genital City needs much stronger antitrust laws.  All of these corporate mergers can only lead to lack of competition in the marketplace, allowing greedy CEOs to gouge their customers, thus drastically increasing profits, which they will use to buy back their own stock, which will artificially inflate the value of the stock, which determines the greedy CEO's exorbitant salary.   The circle of corporate life.  If these writers would use the stories they tell to reflect the reality we're living and help people understand what's actually happening to them, I could get behind it.  But the potential for anything interesting coming from this merger is pretty slim.  

I do like Allie so far.  Did Keemo fake his death in some convoluted effort to bring Allie and Jack together?

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Across the continent of North America, people who watched today's show featuring ButtBiscuit Unplugged  said, 

giphy.gif

and when it wouldn't stop, said, 

giphy.gif

While I dreamt of doing

giphy.gif

this.

We will not speak of the Valley Gurl in Nine Inch Nails Unleashed, nor of Mr. Low Talker Hoodie Man and their merger.  

Shhhhhhhhhh!  Silence.

Allie, remember all those horror movies where you wanted to scream "Don't go in the basement" when you think it might be a good idea to visit Genoa City.  

Think again.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1