Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The artist now known as Ye will look like a paragon of mental health compared to you. 🤡

I stared at this sentence too long, I think I lost braincells thinking well....Nostrils isn't that big of a narcissist. lol But he comes close enough, does that mean Lily is the more talented, somewhat less annoying version of Kim K? And Lily & Buttbiscuit will break up someday(soon please)? 😂 

Even with the fast forward button I couldn't bring myself to watch yesterday's show. So did Devon agree to the merger after Jill was forced by bad writing to tell him what a great idea it is? I hope this blows up in all their faces, yes even Jill's(sorry Jill). 

Since the TIIC insist on making us suffer through Buttbiscuit's Flopcast, I'm thinking of starting a podcast dragging it, and Y&R as a whole. Might be therapeutic idk. 

13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Genital City needs much stronger antitrust laws.  All of these corporate mergers can only lead to lack of competition in the marketplace, allowing greedy CEOs to gouge their customers, thus drastically increasing profits, which they will use to buy back their own stock, which will artificially inflate the value of the stock, which determines the greedy CEO's exorbitant salary.   The circle of corporate life.  If these writers would use the stories they tell to reflect the reality we're living and help people understand what's actually happening to them, I could get behind it.  But the potential for anything interesting coming from this merger is pretty slim.  

"Genital City" 💀💀💀 Can I borrow this? 🤣 It's interesting how TPTB insist on having certain characters be unrealistically kumbaya, Devon & Lily in this case but there are others, and then have others at each others throats long past the point of being interesting or making any sense. Like almost everyone's attitude towards Adam (or Sally) for instance. It's obviously lopsided, boring and lazy. 

I really like Allie. So I just know that TIIC will ruin her for me one way or another, but fuck it. I'm gonna root for her anyway! Which means I'll be rooting for her to leave Genital City before it's too late.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Skarzero said:

did Devon agree to the merger after Jill was forced by bad writing to tell him what a great idea it is? I hope this blows up in all their faces, yes even Jill's(sorry Jill)

Yes, when Lily showed up, he told her Jill wouldn’t take no for an answer, so he succumbed to her demands. She trotted out Neil and Katherine, asking him what they would do. He said they would take their time and consider all options. She agreed but then replied ‘and then they would do it.’ So he was bullied/guilted into accepting the idea even though he really didn’t want it. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 3/16/2022 at 7:49 PM, Runningwild said:

Am I the only one who thinks maybe Ashland is telling the truth and someone is setting him up?

I need a seat at that table, please!!

On 3/16/2022 at 9:15 PM, lgprimes said:

I for one am PRAYING that Ashland is being set up.. and that he wins in the end. I hate when shoes treat a character as too big to fail (Victor…Luke/Sonny on GH). It’s boring.

Nate may have had the right to look at Ashland’s records but he is breaking HIPAA laws by telling all this to Elena… or anyone else.

Everytime I see Nate (usually with Elena) having these "outraged" discussions about his compromised ethics, and how Ashland is so awful and reprehensible, I keep thinking back to how he basically played an even bigger role in Victor's medical deception a while back.

And by the way, I can think of at least one thing more "awful and reprehensible" than faking a disease to take over a company (that's what Ashland's being accused of, right?)...

---How about refusing to get medical aid for someone having a heart attack until that person signs over their company on your terms? That qualifies as a pretty bad act, does it not? (I'm looking at you again, Victor...)

And last but not least- I don't like a grown woman (Victoria) STILL being written as a naive victim of her heart who needs saving by her Daddy and big brothers. This was fine WAAY back in the day when ( as a very young woman/maybe even a teenager) she was tricked into posing nude and Victor had to take control of the situation. This is different. Victoria is a fully grown woman and businesswoman. She is not a child; it's time to stop writing her like one.

If Ashland truly is BIG BAD AWFUL now (which I'm hating) then let VICTORIA be the one to take him down. Not Victor and The Fambly doing all this plotting and scheming on her behalf.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I was at the Dentist yesterday and just got a chance to watch Monday’s episode.

The last episode ends with the good with Ashland 2.0 about to be outed and this episode begins with the the bad and ugly all rolled into one.  Nostrils, I have to say having 3 teeth pulled was a lot less painful than listening to your droning on about absolutely nothing.  Looking at Nostrils full faced, behind the mic, actually made me realize why Lily puts up with him. Nostrils is able to perform certain sexual favors without coming up for air. The addition benefit is that Lily doesn’t have to look at his face and smell his bad breath enabling her the freedom to think about anyone else but Nostrils.  Since Lily was a teenager, she has had lousy taste in men but TIIC never gave Lily any good choices. 

I has to laugh when in NY there was a commercial, playing right after Nostrils was recording his podcast. It featured a girl finally getting so sleep, with a very bad cold, after taking NyQuil Severe for her cold. I was thinking that she could have saves a few dollars if she just listened to Nostrils podcast. 

Jill, Devon is throwing away the chance of a lifetime?  Devon’s chance of a lifetime came when Katherine made him a billionaire. Devon, did you even realize that Jill’s advice to merge would be a lot more beneficial to Jill and Lily than it would be for you.  I’m quite sure the Chancellor is smaller than Newman/Locke or even Jabot for that matter. Jill pushes for the merger to push Chancellor a bit closer to the “big boys”. 

Was it me or did anyone else enjoy Allie’s musings a hell of lot more and were more eloquent than Nostrils’ musings.  

Yes Lily no business will come between you and Devon, but I’m sure if you kill Amanda, that will come between the two of you as it did when you killed Hillary. I don’t remember exactly why but wasn’t there quite a bit of friction between you and Devon when you worked for Hamilton/Winters. 

The text came from a strange cell phone number. 310 is a LA area code but O11?  It must mean something since TIIC didn’t use 555.  Even though 310 is in LA and Allie’s mom is supposed to be in NY it still could be Allie’s mom since you can keep the same cellphone number if you move. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 12

If I thought a family member could be murdered by their significant other, I sure wouldn't have been sitting around strategizing with other family members about what to do. Unlike Nikki, I would have walked into that office and tossed Pillsbury Ashland out the door....or a window. Should not the Feds be involved again? Michael is MIA in a foreign country, and Ashland has stolen half a corporation in an act of fraud by deception. Seems pretty clear he's earned the cell next to Tara's.  Devon and Lily and a corporate merger....do these corporations not have boards of directors and stockholders that need to approve all of their pipe dreams? Both companies approached mergers like an Andy Hardy or Little Rascals movie, "I know....we can give a big show in my garage, sell tickets to it, c'mon guys!"  The only thing they have right is everybody does most of their planning/work at home, a coffeeshop, or a bar. And that only makes half-assed sense because of COVID.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

image.png.4bf47416b6d9ec82c080cab5e067c307.png

A tea towel I saw at Victorian Trading Co.

I need to buy a set of 12!  And now I know what I'm getting my great niece for her wedding and accepting the fact that she probably will never talk to me again.

• LOL 17
5 minutes ago, boes said:

I need to buy a set of 12!  And now I know what I'm getting my great niece for her wedding and accepting the fact that she probably will never talk to me again.

I get a lot of stuff from them. Quality is great but somewhat spendy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Once more we are given proof that Natey Nate Nate is Ashland 2.0’s de facto doctor with Elena knowing that Natey Nate Nate gave Ashland 2.0 medical advice. 

For one of the first times I actually agree with Banana Breath. Olive is more at risk than Newman/Locke. I wouldn’t put it past Ashland 2.0 that this would be a one way trip, to Tuscany for Olive.  Accidents do happen in Ashland 2.0’s life. Could the car accident, way back when, could have been staged as Adam suggested?  

Olive looks good today in maroon but someone else has entered her body because she told Ashland 2.0 that she has a great capacity for forgiveness. WTF?  Olive never ever fully forgives anything or anyone.  In addition, the Olive we all know and love, as turned off her 🐂💩 meeter.  

Devon, you already have an empire for Moses, Charlie, Maddy and Bowie from the interest alone on your billions.  Each child could receive $25 million a year.  Lily definitely doesn’t have to worry about Nostrils’ kids because they are Newmans. 

I’m going to be crass here but I just have to say that Lauren’s breasts enter the room before she does which means that they are recognized before her face is recognized.

• LOL 15
On 3/21/2022 at 6:59 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

FFS, Billy, seek professional help and stop planning to use innocent people as hapless receptacles for your attempts at enlightenment. You are going to be roasted so hard on social media. The artist now known as Ye will look like a paragon of mental health compared to you. 🤡

He  gives meditating a bad name. I almost pissed myself while he was enlightening us. ooomm

No egregious fashions, (yet),

I miss old sick up the ass Ashland and hope he gets run out of town. And I am going to say something really bitchy and don't mean to  offend anyone but I think. Vikki is NOT attractive-at all.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

that Lauren’s breasts enter the room before she does which means that they are recognized before her face is recognized.

Holy hell that was bad today! 😲I actually liked the dress but couldn’t the neckline have been just three or four inches higher? If I showed up for work in something like that They’d send me home to change and given me a warning about inappropriate dress. And if the CEO wore it, she wouldn’t be CEO for much longer.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12

It's a bad sign when your spouse of less than a year gets up early to leave the house before you even wake up. Ashland must be getting flashbacks of life with Tara, hah hah.

Lol, Ashland would've sounded more sincere to me if he'd confessed he'd drunk the milk out of the carton instead of pouring it into a glass. Victoria is hard to read but surely she knows not to go off alone with him while there's such a cloud of doubt hanging over his head.

Adam, when you're trying to stage a palace coup you might want to keep your cards a tad closer to your chest. If Nick figured out what you were doing, you were being way too obvious. 🤡

Oh please, Devon. You and Lily are not going to build a family dynasty inside a company neither of you own. Are you two planning to take over CI after HWG is merged with it? Good luck with that. Jill will never let it happen. So stupid. 🙄

Victor said he has his best people trying to find Michael, which means Michael will never be found. Victor's best people are proven incompetent tools. 🤠

Meanwhile, the way Victor acted so smug and condescending toward Lauren was awful to me. I hope she puts her memory of that moment in her Future Paybacks bank. 😐

Elena is a ride or die chick so I wish she would support Nate's doubts about the family legacy b.s. Lily and Devon are spouting. But then, maybe she wants to go for the chief of surgery job if he vacates it.

A Newman intervention. I hope someone remembered to lock the office door because Ashland will likely waltz back in and put the kibosh on the whole effort. Then he'll sweep Victoria away like he's "rescuing" her from her mean ol' family. DUN DUN DUUUUNNN!

Back to the merger thing, is Jess Walton planning to retire? Would they kill Jill off and leave control of CI up for grabs? Jill's immediate heirs are Billy, Phillip III, and Chance but the latter two of them don't seem very corporate-minded. Hopefully Billy would be a non-starter given his track record. Hmmm. 🤔

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh please, Devon. You and Lily are not going to build a family dynasty inside a company neither of you own. Are you two planning to take over CI after HWG is merged with it? Good luck with that. Jill will never let it happen. So stupid. 

.... 🤠

Meanwhile, the way Victor acted so smug and condescending toward Lauren was awful to me. I hope she puts her memory of that moment in her Future Paybacks bank. 😐

Great post, Joimiaroxeu!

It was bad enough when one of the gang of four said "What took you so long" in reference to Lily's merger plan.  She's been CEO for about 12 minutes so what does that even mean? As you say, she's an EMPLOYEE, not the owner.  One bad move and she could be a quickly fading memory at Chancellor.  It IS a family business, just not her family.  That's Hamilton/Winters.  All that blather about "the ancestors" was so over the top I was expecting her to recite a story about the orphanage she shared with Victor, next.  As usual, they used Neil's memory to bless their venture as if he's a ghostly hand puppet.

I hope she realizes that holding on to ButtBiscuit is part of the deal.  Jill is rewarding her for babysitting her bouncing baby ButtBiscuit at least as much as she is her mad skills at management.  She dumps him and I doubt Lily would last much past the next board meeting.

Victor was a real ass to Lauren and I'm impressed she didn't let him have it with both barrels.  I really hope that when Michael is found, Lauren holds Victor responsible for putting him in harms way, regardless.

I'd ask what crawled up Nick's butt and died, but since that's probably a regular occurrence with him, I won't.  Come to think of it, where exactly HAS Christian disappeared to??  Back to the subject at hand, why has he been such an ass to Adam again?  I thought those two had become buds ever since he gave Faith a kidney, but lately he jumps down his throat at every opportunity.  Both he and Victor can miss me with their outrage at how Ashland could dare to mistreat Victoria when those two have done worse, more than once.

Ah, the Newmans are doing an intervention on Victoria.

Are there snacks?

ETA - Victor gave Adam the "look" and said that under no circumstances would Victoria be losing her position because she unknowingly married a con artist, while Nick drew lines in the dirt, made faces and grunts that indicated the same thoughts.  (Luckily he didn't toss any poop against the wall but the day is young).

So Victoria is safe from being punished, business wise, from making bad decisions.  But Adam was taken to the woodshed, spanked and sorta demoted because he didn't immediately recognize ButtBiscuit was faking being a HUGE ass - understandable since "Huge Ass" is his default setting.

Seems to me that Adam might have a legitimate gripe about favoritism.

By the way, I guess Abby really is chopped liver in the Newman world these days.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Back to the merger thing, is Jess Walton planning to retire? Would they kill Jill off and leave control of CI up for grabs? Jill's immediate heirs are Billy, Phillip III, and Chance but the latter two of them don't seem very corporate-minded. Hopefully Billy would be a non-starter given his track record. Hmmm. 🤔

Why would Jess Walton officially retire? Even before the pandemic, she was only onscreen a couple of times a year, and I'm sure she's paid  well enough for those drop-in appearances. This last time, she was on a video-call with Lily and Devon. Was she even on set, or is she just phoning it in now (literally)? If I could have a deal like that, I'd NEVER retire, lol!

• Love 18

Today’s Question.  Show of hands as to how many of you walk around your house, talking out loud for what seems to be hours on end like they have Allie doing?  I sure as heck don’t. 

Why oh why do these writers keep pulling long lost characters out of their behinds?  Oh, I forgot. None of these writers have the talent to weave interesting stories with the characters they already have.  So now they bring back Diane Jensen?  For what purpose?  She bought a house in So Cal, not in Genoa City, so what’s the reason?  If they want her for Jack, an old house in LA doesn’t do it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Today’s Question.  Show of hands as to how many of you walk around your house, talking out loud for what seems to be hours on end like they have Allie doing?  I sure as heck don’t. 

Only when my wireless is out or my oldest brother has texted he's on his way for a visit.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

I’m sure MS is a very lovely woman but there is absolutely no femininity in Rodan the Petty. From the way she walked into Jack’s house, to the way she talks at Jack and not to Jack, and her awkward motions as she talks.  Rodan the Petty can find a conspiracy theory anytime in anyplace.  So she has to find one where there is none. The original texts were just for Jack to posthumously reconnect with Keemo and to find Allie but Rodan the Petty has to increase Jack’s anxiety about those texts. 

Come on Newmans shit or get off the pot. How long do you have to build up to telling Olive that Ashland 2.0 was faking his illness. Hey Olive, your propensity for forgiveness was severely lacking when you were ready to abandon your family in favor of Ashland 2.0.  The intervention wasn’t working, at first, because of Olive’s giant ego.  It took Ashland 2.0’s non answer to the question at hand to make Olive realize she was bamboozled.  Ashland 2.0 like Chelsea is a life long scam artist but Ashland 2.0 was in the major leagues while Chelsea only played in the minor leagues. 

What was in Traci’s coffee to make her praise Nostrils mundane and cringeworthy pod cast. I guess that praise would be expected from his family.  

Sorry TIIC, a check is not a cash deal unless it’s a certified or bank check. Beside, unless Allie is the executor of Keemo’s will and the will has been probated, Allie can’t sell the house.  Keemo’s debts have to be settled first. 

Now, because Nostrils is a “successful podcaster” he thinks his advice is golden. Why should anyone give 💩💩 about what he thinks. Nostrils STFU and put your head back into your ass because you know nothing about Allie to know her intentions. 

Is Taylor Jensen the mystery texter?  Is Taylor Jensen a alias for someone out of Jack’s past?  Please enlighten me. 

• Love 12

Phyllis in painted on pants and jiggling boobs. Happy Wednesday! 😒 (I did like her blowout though.)

Nate giving Ashland the Grade A side-eye. Brrr. 🥶

Pissed off Ashland tried to step to Nate and Nate was thisclose to swinging on Ashland. With his good hand. 🥳

Did Victoria get up early to go to the hairdresser? Her hair was unusually curly, like someone had taken a styling wand to it.

Sigh,Traci must lead a completely empty life if she had time to get through Billy's excercise in self-pity podcast. I couldn't believe how much she was gushing to him about it. Maybe she needs to get her hearing checked out.

Heh, I'm glad Victoria got to bring up Victor having had her arrested at her own wedding. But then the old coot got to brag that he turned out to be right about Billy. Well, even if he was, who has their adult child arrested on bogus charges just to keep them from marrying someone they don't approve of? It was and still is insane AFAIC.

Wonder what Keemo's house sold for? I'm guessing in the low- to mid-six figures. Allie's gonna be getting a nice inheritance. Hopefully she doesn't have student loans to pay off.

"Nate is a trained physician." As opposed to an untrained physician, Victor? 😑

Wait, what? Victoria said she would run the company from Tuscany. Hah, hah, hah, hah! Like Victor would allow that. She really is hanging by thin emotional strings.

OMG, there must be an Abbott gene for monologuing ad nauseam. Maybe Allie can do a podcast like her uncle Billy, tee hee.

Instead of bringing up Chelsea, I was thinking Adam should've mentioned the time he was pretending to be Gabriel Bingham. Or when he injected his eyes with botox to make it look like he was going blind. He knows from scamming.

Vikki looked so weak and scared standing behind Ashland as he feigned outrage at the Newmans. I almost pitied her. Almost.

While they're waiting for Victoria to stop crying, they better get Ashland's co-CEO authority rescinded before he has a chance to make off with a chunk of the company coffers. Just sayin'. He didn't pull all this to end up empty-handed.

I knew it was coming--unfortunately--but AYFKMWTS, Show? "Taylor Jenson"? It's freaking Diane Jenkins and she's DEAD! I can't even. (She looks great for a zombie though. 😸)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
57 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Hey Olive, your propensity for forgiveness was severely lacking when you were ready to abandon your family in favor of Ashland 2.0. 

She already sent her children away.

57 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sigh,Traci must lead a completely empty life if she had time to get through Billy's excercise in self-pity podcast. I couldn't believe how much she was gushing to him about it. Maybe she needs to get her hearing checked out.

She was probably listening while she was getting her massage. Maybe they give happy endings.

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Vikki looked so weak and scared standing behind Ashland as he feigned outrage at the Newmans. I almost pitied her. Almost.

Right? I was like, I usually feel sorry for someone in a position like this. But her? Nothing.

• Love 10

I mostly ff today because I couldn’t find anything to be interested in. Phyllis, again, mystifies me. The way she moves, her expressions, her speech, all of it. It seems like she’s on some kind of drug that makes her behave so weirdly but not enough to alert the people around her. I really cannot explain it but something ain’t right with that girl.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Is Taylor Jensen the mystery texter?  Is Taylor Jensen a alias for someone out of Jack’s past?  Please enlighten me. 

That's Diane Jenkins, Kyle's mother, or someone who looks remarkably like the second actor to play her.  But that's kind of impossible because NIKKI KILLED HER!  In a park.  With a rock. To the head.  Deacon was a witness.  There was surveillance footage.  We all saw it.  Several times.  Her corpus was habeased.  Kyle was a little kid at the time, so where has she been all this time?  Or is this person (or the one whose head Nikki bashed in) one of Victor's doppelgängers?  Ughhh...my head hurts.  

Yes, Tracy, Billy's podcast was very moving.  So is Miralax.  The "WTF" looks Phyllis shoots at Billy always crack me up.  I wonder if Phylly would have ever happened if MS were Phyllis at the time.   

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Show of hands as to how many of you walk around your house, talking out loud for what seems to be hours on end like they have Allie doing?

Did I miss something, or did they go from Allie sleeping on the couch (and we see a shadow, like someone else is there) to the next day when she's wearing different clothes and talking to the realtor? Regarding her talking out loud to her Dad, I was wondering if Keemo was going to appear as a ghost, like his grandfather John Abbott.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Phyllis in painted on pants and jiggling boobs. Happy Wednesday! 😒 (I did like her blowout though.)

Nate giving Ashland the Grade A side-eye. Brrr. 🥶

Pissed off Ashland tried to step to Nate and Nate was thisclose to swinging on Ashland. With his good hand. 🥳

Did Victoria get up early to go to the hairdresser? Her hair was unusually curly, like someone had taken a styling wand to it.

Heh, I'm glad Victoria got to bring up Victor having had her arrested at her own wedding. But then the old coot got to brag that he turned out to be right about Billy. Well, even if he was, who has their adult child arrested on bogus charges just to keep them from marrying someone they don't approve of? It was and still is insane AFAIC.

Wonder what Keemo's house sold for? I'm guessing in the low- to mid-six figures. Allie's gonna be getting a nice inheritance. Hopefully she doesn't have student loans to pay off.

"Nate is a trained physician." As opposed to an untrained physician, Victor? 😑

Wait, what? Victoria said she would run the company from Tuscany. Hah, hah, hah, hah! Like Victor would allow that. She really is hanging by thin emotional strings.

OMG, there must be an Abbott gene for monologuing ad nauseam. Maybe Allie can do a podcast like her uncle Billy, tee hee.

Instead of bringing up Chelsea, I was thinking Adam should've mentioned the time he was pretending to be Gabriel Bingham. Or when he injected his eyes with botox to make it look like he was going blind. He knows from scamming.

Vikki looked so weak and scared standing behind Ashland as he feigned outrage

I knew it was coming--unfortunately--but AYFKMWTS, Show? "Taylor Jenson"? It's freaking Diane Jenkins and she's DEAD! I can't even. (She looks great for a zombie though. 😸)

I Diane coming back means KYle returning I hope Prick tosses her out of an airplane this time

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I mostly ff today because I couldn’t find anything to be interested in. Phyllis, again, mystifies me. The way she moves, her expressions, her speech, all of it. It seems like she’s on some kind of drug that makes her behave so weirdly but not enough to alert the people around her. I really cannot explain it but something ain’t right with that girl.

I know! When she walked into Jack’s and took off her coat she suddenly started making these weird movements. Almost like she was convulsing. Maybe she wanted to wave her arms but her hands were stuck in the pockets of her too tight pants?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Did I miss something, or did they go from Allie sleeping on the couch (and we see a shadow, like someone else is there) to the next day when she's wearing different clothes and talking to the realtor? 

Thank you. That couch scene was so dark that I could barely see what was happening and I thought, oh well, I'll find out tomorrow. But like they say in that Ramones song, Tomorrow Never Comes.

Like I've said before, this show is becoming just a collection of random scenes one after the other. Who knows if we'll even see Diane/Taylor again. And I have to say this, I have to because I am so disgusted - Jeeeeezus FUCKING christ on a cracker, did these motherfucking asswipes with typwriters use the name Taylor after Taylor Hayes who has come back from the dead not once but twice on The Bold and The Beautiful ? Because if they did then that is just stupid, shitty, asinine, and a disrespectful slap in the face to our sister show The Bold and The Beautiful, and everyone who watches both shows. FUCK YOU Y&R if that's what you're doing, and I think that it is. It's a moronic idea to bring Diane back from the dead after how her death played out on screen. She didn't fall off a cliff never to be seen again. And to mock your sister show, a show with character crossovers? These writers all need to be fired and banned from ever returning. This show is getting worse and worse in so many ways. They keep finding new lows to hit. And I bet they all sit around giggling at the shit they are pulling.

6 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

I really only have vague memories of Diane prior to Maura West's version. Do we think undead-Diane will be Patty after another makeover?

Mother of fucking pearl. Why did you even suggest that? It makes my heart heavy and sad. If they are using that worn-out, over-played, plastic surgery lame-ass excuse again then what I think I cannot express as politely as I did in the paragraph above. One dollar to the first person who spots a resurrected Mr. Kitty. Or his doppelganger. It is almost Easter. Perfect timing when you're trying to write the most offensive shit as possible.

• Love 21

^^^All of this. To bring Diane back as Patty in disguise would be next level insanity. Surely TPTB don't disrespect the fans that much. I guess it'd be good for those two actresses to be getting work again but other than that, oh hail nah.

Resurrecting Diane--albeit with a different actor than the one who was playing her when she was murdered--is some major bovine excrement IMO. I'm working up a huge rant about it and am just waiting to see how ridiculous this plot twist is going to be.

ETA: I know Stacy Haiduk (Patty) has a recurring role on DAYS but she's probably best known for her performances on Y&R.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9

I remember being astonished that Patty was able to get hair dye in prison and then use her "disguise" to escape. So yet another plastic surgery story wouldn't surprise me. The only good one was David Kimble's (David coerced a plastic surgeon to make him look like David Hasselhoff. Instead, the surgeon carved the word KILLER on his forehead and fled while David was under anesthetic). Is Diane/Taylor wearing bangs?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

^^^Agree with comments upthread. Although I got to say, I don't really begrudge Y&R writers for slapping B&B in the face, it sucks. More than Y&R ever did (thanks to Brad Bell), until now anyway. Bringing back a woman that was bludgeoned & left for dead on-screen is certainly a new low for either soap. And if it's Patty in a mask/plastic surgery then that would just take the cake, why not just make it be Patty outright instead wearing Diane's face show? 

And of all people why Diane? I don't think anyone liked the way she was killed off but it was over and done with and it felt final. Why not Keemo or Mari Jo who didn't die on-screen? The fact that Jack's other son had a daughter, shouldn't even be on Diane's radar. OG Diane certainly wouldn't give a shit, especially when she has her own grandson out there. If she's been alive why didn't she come back when Kyle discovered his own son or when he married Summer. Diane hated Phyllis and I doubt she'd tolerate her son marrying her daughter. 

Victoria was acting like a teenager yesterday, I know AH isn't perfect but I thought she was a better actor than this. I wanted to reach through my screen and slap her silly. Other than that, I got no fucks to give about her or Pillsbury Ashland. 

Either Nate/Elena are significantly less boring lately or Buttbiscuit's monologuing flopcast has scarred me and lowed my standards.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

Victoria was acting like a teenager yesterday, I know AH isn't perfect but I thought she was a better actor than this. I wanted to reach through my screen and slap her silly. Other than that, I got no fucks to give about her or Pillsbury Ashland. 

Yeah, I don't know if we've seen the last of Ashland but I hope not just because I want to see a scene where Victoria gets to chew him out for using her love and trust to betray her and her family. IMO it's not a good look for a woman screwed over so massively to do nothing more than melt into a puddle of tears. She's supposed to be the strong leader of the Newman corporate empire. Victoria needs to pull out the verbal knives and go at Ashland like he's Julius Caesar on the Ides of March.

• Love 14

Is SyPhyllis putting her hands on her hips because she’s trying to stick her boobs out?

And the weird movements today reminded me of Mad Dog Tannen after he shot Clint Eastwood/Marty McFly in Back to the Future III. 

Cowboy GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Edited by Runningwild
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

For years, the Winters Family has been an island.  Now they are taking front and center - on the same footing as The Newmans, really. And that is a good thing.  So why am I sick to death of them; and wishing Smug Lily would take a fall ala Victoria?  Both of them.  And I don't feel sorry for Victoria; she was power-hungry (nothing really wrong with that - look at who her father is); I hope she gets removed from her perch for awhile.  

Maybe the reason I am so down on The Winters Family is due to Devon's takeover of Dom.  Lily is as smug and entitled as Victoria.  But.  I don't mind Nate at all lately.  I wanted to tell him, when he was trying to decide whether or not to join the "Family Company" - to run, run, run.  He could be an interesting, appealing character if the writers would just let him. 

Are there no talented writers who could take over for the seemingly motley crew who are penning this terrible stuff? The storylines run in stop-and-go fits.  Right now I can't tolerate Victoria, Chance, Nick, Victor (for giving Victoria's bad judgement a pass), Jill, Sharon, Rey, Chelsea, Jack, Tracy, Billy, Lily,  Devon, etc.  I don't mention Phyllis because she is #1 in The Hall of Fame.

Since I don't know the history of Diane (I started watching about the time that the other Diane (Maura ?) got pushed out of the ambulance and got killed very, surely, nail-in-the-coffin dead.  All the way dead.  But the actress is attractive and age appropriate for Jack, so I am hoping she isn't the actual Diane.  And Red's hair would catch fire.  That I would be all onboard for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Well, it's either Pattycakes or it's.....

If we feel the way we do about this, can you imagine how PB feels? Do they hate him? Is EB behind this?

image.png.a7dc94ea1b5442d429bf6ecef882bd4e.png

I wonder if we'll catch a glimpse of Paul? Or their other brothers, Steve and Father Todd? Or their father Carl? We know Mary passed away, but Carl or Jim,  remember he had amnesia and a new family and identity and basically said F U to the Williams', is still alive AFAWK. Who am I kidding, I bet we won't see any of them.

• Love 15

Now has Rodan the Petty become Jack’s spiritual adviser 😜.  I would rather take advice from a homeless person since Rodan the Petty is not really concerned about Jack but satisfying her own agenda. Rodan the Petty is more interested in finding out who the mystery texter is than Jack bonding with Allie.  Can Rodan the Petty not be pushy?  Jack, in that area you are barking up the wrong tree. 

Why am I not surprised that Nostrils first podcast got overwhelming feedback. So out of the 10 people who listened 7 gave a positive review 😅

Is it me or does anyone else get the feeling that Lily’s idea of a merger is to make Hamilton/Winters ancillary unless Lily is giving Devon the dominion over Chancellor’s support of the entertainment/media division, but it looks like Lily has no intention of doing that. Lily will keep the autonomy over the area that I’m quite sure she has no clue about.  Why is there no mention of the humanity causes Hamilton/Winter supports as well as the clinic. To think of it Natey Nate Nate and Elena hardly mention the clinic anymore and the mention of New Hope is sporadic at best. 

Why are TIIC making Lily on the same ilk as Olive  Lily now seems to becoming an ego maniac.  The merger is actually giving her brother, Devon, the shaft by the “consolidated” as Olive is giving Adam the shaft by making him he’s acting in charge and still serves at her pleasure.

Natey  Nate Nate becoming Devon’s COO makes much less sense than Sally becoming Adam’s COO. Natey Nate Nate has absolutely no experience with anything having to do with business. What also doesn’t make sense is how everyone is besties with Chelsea and gives her the benefit of the doubt because she has divested herself from that bastard Adam. 

Has Rodan the Petty ever been taught proper manners?  It extremely rude to talk with food in your mouth. 

What is Taylor/Diane’ agenda in getting Allie and Jack together?  Is it to reunite with Jack herself?  I don’t know anything about Taylor/Diane time with Jack just that Nikki hit her over the head with a rock. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

The frigging closed captioning said "Taylor." Why? Do they think the audience just started watching this week and no one knows who that woman is? 🤨

I thought those sleeves on Lily's top were nine kinds of wrong. Yo, Ms Winters, 1983 called and wants its excessive number of useless cuff buttons back. 😼

Of all the penthouses in the world (or merely GC) Nate chose to return to the one he used to live in. He's probably going to pay a whole lot more than what he originally sold it for. Plus he'll likely be taking a loss on the sale of his partially remodeled house.
🙄
Wait, does the merger plan mean Billy will be working for Devon? His podcast would come under the entertainment and media half, no? Hmm, what could possibly go wrong when Devon realizes what a complete crapfest it is?

Taylor was working Allie hard to get Jack back in LA, it seems. Yikes. Phyllis will lose her mind when she finds out.

So there are CI board members. Okay, I definitely see a future battle for control of the company coming. Wonder if CI is privately held or if there are stockholders too? Proxy fight!

No way, Nate's gonna be a COO too? Hah hah hah hah hah hah! You get a COO! You get a COO! You get a COO!

So now we know who the mystery texter is. Diane has been sending them to Jack for weeks. What kind of long con is this? 🤯

I liked Elena's shoulder bag. Me want.

Lily, if you rely on Billy for business advice based on his Jabot experience, you're going run CI into the ground and lose your job in a humiliating fashion. On a boat. 😈

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Was it just yesterday that I saw Victoria collapse into her mother’s arms “sobbing” over Ashland’s reveal? But today, there was no follow up to that very dramatic scene after all of these months of buildup? Huh, writers?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I was watching when Diane framed Phyllis for burning down the Abbot pool house. Phyllis was in jail and had a dream where everyone she had done wrong showed up. 

Did I read they were recasting Kyle and Summer? So Kyle can see Diane/Taylor/Patty, whoever she is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

What also doesn’t make sense is how everyone is besties with Chelsea

Yeah, when I find out someone has tried to kill someone and frame someone else for it, I always say, that's the friend for me!

It sickens me to see everyone fawning over this sickie. 

40 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I was watching when Diane framed Phyllis for burning down the Abbot pool house.

And remember when Diane ran over her own foot with an SUV (I think) and tried to frame Syph for that, too. She was hobbling around in a cast.

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

And remember when Diane ran over her own foot with an SUV (I think) and tried to frame Syph for that, too.

Yes. And there was tension between Phyllis and Diane because Phyllis had miscarried Jack's child, and Diane played up being the mother of Kyle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Devon, gazing at Neil's picture, as the sap slowly rises, says, "The family is finally coming together the way you always wanted".  Awww.

Let's see, let's see......hmmm...... Well, I guess you could say that first attempt at bringing the family together by sleeping with your dad's wife sorta counts as a bust.  Then there was that whole "set up son as a cheater as his bachelor party"  thing that fell apart before it really gained any traction.  Holding said ex-wife aka daughter-in-law captive and helpless in a drafty boathouse while she was in a grave medical condition can't really be called a success, either.  Of course,  the "driving so recklessly that wife and unborn baby were killed" didn't provide that Christmas card moment, either.

This time, though, THIS time, it's gonna be great!

The Abbotts have nothing on the Winters clan when it comes to how to celebrate "family".

Nate and Elena have their own set!  That's at least a good thing if it means we're going to be seeing Show giving them more to do and developing their characters beyond plot points and cheering sections.  I'm thinking those two might be the ones who hold the center because Show couldn't be broadcasting storm warnings ahead any more clearly unless they had witches flying by the windows of the penthouse.  Nate, Elena, NEVER catch a ride to work or anywhere else with Lily.  NEV.ER.

giphy.gif

Oh look, it's Chelsea!

ButtBiscuit's podcast was only a success if jails were broadcasting it on an endless loop as some sort of punishment.

ButtBiscuit and Lily's constant praising of each other

giphy.gif

No, After YOU!

giphy.gif

is very tiring.

I'm probably wrong, I almost always am with this Show, but this has to be Patty after yet another plastic surgery transformation, this time to look like Dead Diane.  If this is the case then by now, Patti's bones must be made of cream cheese.

That I could see, going by the other lengths Patti has gone to get close to Jack in the past, coupled with the fact that she's batshit crazy.  As I remember it, she left town dressed as a nun, with a bus ticket to Canada, right?  We never heard she was caught or anything else about her that I remember.  If it is her, Mr. Kitty better be the one directing her every movement.  If it's Patti, I wonder how Show is going to get around not bringing back Paul After the things he's said on social media I think he's close to being in Dru territory with TIIC.

Or, probably more likely, it's going to turn out that Victor had Diane spirited out of Genoa City to some secret clinic in Peru, to which he's been making secret payments all these years but now some doctor there is going to spill the........oh, that's not going to work now, is it?

Perhaps Diane's body got dumped in Salem by mistake and Dr. Rolf brought her back to life over on that network and now she's transported over like a malfunction on the deck of the USS Enterprise.

Nothing would surprise me on this show these days, except an actually well-crafted and intriguing storyline.

ETA - Forgot to mention.  Please tell me that Nate and Elena are going to burn or at least dump all that crappy furniture in the penthouse that's been there since Stutterbark Blonde Adam lived there with Chelsea.  Who moves into a home/house and doesn't bring their own stuff???

More to the point, who would move in to Chelsea's old place and not have it totally redecorated, fumigated, and blessed by mulitple priests?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7

It was pretty rich hearing Billy complain about his "petty and stubborn" siblings as if they haven't shown him extraordinarily superhuman patience and restraint throughout his miserable existence.   Tracy has never been anything but supportive of him, and without Jack and Ashley keeping the family business churning, he would never have been able to finance his many whims and vices.  The Winters family has never really understood the concept of boundaries, so putting them on a pedestal seems a little farfetched.  They've been a hot mess since Dru died, and Lily has never been as obnoxious as she is now, which is saying a lot.   Billy's podcast has to be free, right?  I still don't know who would listen, unless Gina Haspel needs some new methods of torture for her portfolio. 

5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

What is Taylor/Diane’ agenda in getting Allie and Jack together?  Is it to reunite with Jack herself?  I don’t know anything about Taylor/Diane time with Jack just that Nikki hit her over the head with a rock. 

If it's Diane, I suppose she could be trying to get into Jack's pants good graces.  Or maybe she has a more sinister motive?  Jack and Diane have a very long history, going back to Terry Lester's Jack.  Diane was a Jabot model who Jack was having a fling with.  He slept with her the day he married Patty, which is why there's speculation that this is Patty in disguise.  Maybe Patty didn't have plastic surgery this time.  Maybe she just went to the same store where Nick got his J.T. mask.     

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

I knew it was stupid to hope that the Keemo story would lead to anything good.   Jack's scenes lately and especially today came off so weird.  Like a nervous high school kid with his hype man (Phyllis) getting ready to ask the girl out.   Pretty sure Jack's never going to allowed to have actual agency or a spine.  

Honestly my only bright spot out of all this is that MS is doing well here so far, and it's keeping her from doing annoying shit in some other storyline.  

I'm not at all familiar with who Diane/Patty are, other than Diane being Kyle's mother (right?).  Would we even be meant to see the actress playing the character immediately as one or the other, since I'm assuming this is a recast?  Not sure I even care,  since this show sucks.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I'm not at all familiar with who Diane/Patty are, other than Diane being Kyle's mother (right?).  Would we even be meant to see the actress playing the character immediately as one or the other, since I'm assuming this is a recast?  Not sure I even care,  since this show sucks.  

The actress onscreen right now is Susan Walters, who played Diane Jenkins for about 10 years, 2000 to about 2010.  The last one was Maura West who is currently on GH.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7