Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm guessing Rey has vertigo.  Yes, it's a real thing!  It's not serious, but the symptoms look like a heart attack or stroke.  (One of my family members had this, with the same sweating and dizziness and fainting that Rey had, and the ER doctor did every test imaginable to rule out heart attack or stroke before diagnosing something that can be cured with Dramamine.)   

I thought of vertigo too. So far this year Steven Colbert got vertigo, I watched Hitchcock's Vertigo on TV, and then out of the blue I got vertigo for the first time ever ~4 weeks ago (presumably related to a mild earache). Luckily it only lasted 2 days, but any movement caused my head to spin & was so dizzy that I couldn't walk without holding onto walls & furniture with both hands. I had to stay in bed for ~36 hrs.  Unlike Rey, the first thing I did was find a bucket to keep at my side after the first sign of nausea.  I hadn't vomited since 1980 but couldn't even keep water down with vertigo.  Luckily I didn't have a headache or sweating and only a few moments with mild chills. And then it disappeared, thankfully. The doc said it could last days, weeks or years!  I don't get vertigo on cliffs & mountaintops, so it was all very bizarre to me.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps her research indicated that he has a bony knee fetish. 

Maybe he's been capivated by Victoria since he was just a bit player without the neck skin wobbles and Victoria was just a wee thing in the SewCYEitty ppages.....

giphy.gif

Hubba and I raise you another hubba!

I'm not worried about Rey.  I assume he passed out from either utter boredom with his life and his wife or the gas attack that's called Sharon and her self-serving blather sent him into a coma.

I know I was reaching for my Life Alert button.......

giphy.gif

If only Rey had stayed up to date on those batteries.......

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
On 3/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, peacheslatour said:

she probably won't get to buy Xaxaxackack now

Glad I'm not the only one can never quite understand the goddamn name of this alleged company. Siaxisiosablerg

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Glad I'm not the only one can never quite understand the goddamn name of this alleged company. Siaxisiosablerg

What's so hard to understand?  It's Psoriasis Media, and everyone's itching to get it!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I’ve been pondering this question for a long time and I’m wondering what you feel about this.  Do I have disdain for a Y&R character because of the character itself or the actor betraying that character?  Is my disdain for the character initially based on bias for they represent real people I have encountered in the real world?  With this being said, if come to my conclusion that it’s mostly the actors portraying the character.  I find Rey, Banana Breath, Nostrils, Chloe, Phyllis, Chelsea, Olive Oyl, Kyle, and Summer have quirks in their acting choices that I find distracting and detrimental to their scenes. Characters like Abby, Sharon, Adam, Victor, Jack, Sally, Nikki, Lola, Faith, Lauren, etc are likable and not overly distracting or detrimental to their scenes. The only actors’ scenes that are 100% right on are Mariah and Tessa.  Mariah is the only actor that can elevate any scene that she appears without Tessa. Jack is close to be able to do this but fails when it comes to Kyle and Summer. 

Do you have any thoughts or comments?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 7
On 3/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, Snaporaz said:

I'm guessing Rey has vertigo.  Yes, it's a real thing!  It's not serious, but the symptoms look like a heart attack or stroke.  (One of my family members had this, with the same sweating and dizziness and fainting that Rey had, and the ER doctor did every test imaginable to rule out heart attack or stroke before diagnosing something that can be cured with Dramamine.)   

Not all vertigo (or vestibular migraines) can be cured with Dramamine. And can drive people to suicide. It's one of the worst feelings possible. And can come on at any moment, like while driving a car, imagine that. Luckily for your family member the Dramamine did the trick. That's rare.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I’ve been pondering this question for a long time and I’m wondering what you feel about this.  Do I have disdain for a Y&R character because of the character itself or the actor betraying that character?  Is my disdain for the character initially based on bias for they represent real people I have encountered in the real world?  With this being said, if come to my conclusion that it’s mostly the actors portraying the character.  I find Rey, Banana Breath, Nostrils, Chloe, Phyllis, Chelsea, Olive Oyl, Kyle, and Summer have quirks in their acting choices that I find distracting and detrimental to their scenes. Characters like Abby, Sharon, Adam, Victor, Jack, Sally, Nikki, Lola, Faith, Lauren, etc are likable and not overly distracting or detrimental to their scenes. The only actors’ scenes that are 100% right on are Mariah and Tessa.  Mariah is the only actor that can elevate any scene that she appears without Tessa. Jack is close to be able to do this but fails when it comes to Kyle and Summer. 

I agree with some of your choices and disagree with others. I think that for me it's the actors. I can hate a character but love to watch them and enjoy them in stories no matter what IF I like the actor. But if I can't stand the actor, then I end up hating the character as well even if it's a hero or heroine character.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I agree with some of your choices and disagree with others. I think that for me it's the actors. I can hate a character but love to watch them and enjoy them in stories no matter what IF I like the actor. But if I can't stand the actor, then I end up hating the character as well even if it's a hero or heroine character.

I'm the same way, though sometimes really bad storylines can ruin things.  I loved watching Ray Wise playing an awful character.  I liked watching Kevin's acting w/Jana and as a computer geek at the GCPD, but the chipmunk storyline turned his scenes into FF material as do scenes with Chloe.

So the actor, the character and the situations the writers put them in all affect whether I enjoy watching them or find myself wearing out my Fast Forward button.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11

I really want them to write off Kyle and Phyllis. 

Theres a lot of characters that annoy me or are boring. Kyle is a huge douchbag. Like just an entitled smug snowflake-y prick.

And Phyllis is... there could be courses in college and textbooks written on how obnoxious and outlandish she is. Like she’s in love w and fcking Nick uses this tone and facial expressions like he’s a  ignorant child. And she talks to her own customers like she’s going to beat the shit out of them for asking to spend money at her business. A lot of scenes she had this edge like she’s about to take a crap on the floor or rip out someone’s hat and then run shrieking into the night. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Watching MS chew the scenery makes me miss GT.  I've seen MS in interviews and she seems nice. But I want Phyllis gone from this show. PB can do anything and I will watch him. I dread his next love interest with the red hair. Never saw her before and can't stand her acting. But for PB I will suffer in silence during their scenes. Lol

• Love 10

They should recast Phyllis, Kyle, Rey (maybe), Sally (the actress isn't bad - just write out the character; it is just a terrible storyline), Adam (again - we need the character), Victoria (please), Kevin and Chloe (I don't mind the actress, hate any storyline she is in) and maybe a couple of others I can't think of.  But Phyllis is the #1 recast need.

Bring MIchael and Lauren (get rid of her street-walker clothes) more to the forefront.  Oh...and recast Elena!  As bad as Phyllis in her own way.  A sad sack of bad hair choices and frowny faces).

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Great question, Waldo13.

While I loathe Jason Thompson with the intensity of a thousand suns for his interpretation of Billy Abbott, I liked him as Patrick Drake on General Hospital.   He was ultimately a good guy on GH with an appropriate disdain for Sonny and Jason but his Y&R ButtBiscuit was and remains a humorless and unpleasant egocentric asswipe.  A lot of that is due to the writing but a lot of that is how JT plays him.  Billy Miller played the same character and he managed to make me love the guy.  Not JT.    He was awful from Day 1 and remains so IMO.

Years ago I enjoyed how MS played Phyllis.  I never liked the character but I did enjoy her antics.  Then long long ago Show decided to let Phyllis and by extension, Michele Stafford eat the show.  Way too much of an occasional good thing.

I also liked Sharon once upon a time but the character has been on a downward slide ever since they made her bipolar IMO.

I can't stand Adam and never will but that's on the writers.  They wrote the character as too awful, took him too far for me to ever root for or care about him no matter who played him.  That's all on the baby switch storyline and what he did with Rafe, that time period.  By the same token, any enjoyment I ever got from Victor was ruined by the writers and the doppleganger storyline.

So I guess it's mostly, but not exclusively the writing for me.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, boes said:

Great question, Waldo13.

While I loathe Jason Thompson with the intensity of a thousand suns for his interpretation of Billy Abbott but I liked him as Patrick Drake on General Hospital.   He was ultimately a good guy on GH with an appropriate disdain for Sonny and Jason but his Y&R ButtBiscuit was and remains a humorless and unpleasant egocentric asswipe.  A lot of that is due to the writing but some of that is how JT play him.  He was awful from Day 1 and remains so IMO.

Years ago I enjoyed how MS played Phyllis.  I never liked the character but I did enjoy her antics.  Then long long ago Show decided to let Phyllis and by extension, Michele Stafford eat the show.  Way too much of an occasional good thing.

I also liked Sharon once upon a time but the character has been on a downward slide ever since they made her bipolar IMO.

I can't stand Adam and never will but that's on the writers.  They wrote the character as too awful, took him too far for me to ever root for or care about him no matter who played him.  That's all on the baby switch storyline and what he did with Rafe, that time period.  By the same token, any enjoyment I ever got from Victor was ruined by the writers and the doppleganger storyline.

I agree with all of this and would add that I used to like AH. I never saw HT in the role so I didn't miss her but I used to think that AH gave Victoria a certain gravitas that befitted the daughter of massive wealth. Now I just find her a rudderless vessel. I also blame the writing for this.

• Love 14

Sharon’s getting to be too much of an air head for me. I don’t even like Rey ans was damn near flinging my hands up why she won’t call the man an ambulance. 

I like Lily. I hope they weren’t foreshadowing w her talking about all the times and years she was fcked over in past by men and her vulnerability w Billy. If he does her wrong I will seriously hate his guts. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, boes said:

Great question, Waldo13.

While I loathe Jason Thompson with the intensity of a thousand suns for his interpretation of Billy Abbott, I liked him as Patrick Drake on General Hospital.   He was ultimately a good guy on GH with an appropriate disdain for Sonny and Jason but his Y&R ButtBiscuit was and remains a humorless and unpleasant egocentric asswipe.  A lot of that is due to the writing but a lot of that is how JT plays him.  Billy Miller played the same character and he managed to make me love the guy.  Not JT.    He was awful from Day 1 and remains so IMO.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I did consider the suck ass writing of the writing team headed up by Josh Griffith.  I dismissed it because I felt that the suck ass writing was made even more suck ass by the actor’s interpretation of how to portray the character.  Phyllis is written as a buttinsky but her animated antics are very off putting. Nostrils is written as a bad boy now reformed but his smugness knows no bounds and I find his man spreading and pocket pool doesn’t make him as charming as he thinks but highly unlikeable. Rey has a resting look on his face of disapproval. Rey plays a cop but he doesn’t have to be so dam uptight and hardly cracks a smile.  Summer is written as a smart young executive but comes across as dumb and clueless. I can go on at nauseam but I want to end with three major contradictions. Jack is the constant polished executive and gentleman no matter what is thrown at him. The same for Mariah. She makes the most out of any shit ass storyline they give her. Then there is Victor, the mean half dead bastard. Victor knows he’s an ogre an antagonist but he knows how to embraces his  persona. 

ETA:  I’ve also enjoy a good acting performance to movies and plays that otherwise would bore me out of my mind. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I like Lily. I hope they weren’t foreshadowing w her talking about all the times and years she was fcked over in past by men and her vulnerability w Billy. If he does her wrong I will seriously hate his guts. 

It is in Billy's nature to be screwup. When everything is good, he is fine but give him any bit of adversity and he falls apart completely. Whether trashing a business that was given to him by a relative, or gambling, or sleeping with the wrong person. It is not a matter of if but when with Billy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Wow does AH look haggard in closeup. My advice is for her to avoid letting them zoom in on her face like that. Yikes. 🙀

So now we officially have two women competing for Billy. Whhhhhyyyy? 😠

Kind of weird for Lily to be confiding in Traci about Billy. I'm not sure Traci should be inserting herself into Billy's personal business like that if none of it has anything to do with her.

How old is Victoria, 12? You don't drop a bomb like that and then not expect it to explode. Maybe she should've passed Billy a note during history class so at least she could try denying that it was her handwriting or something. So silly.

Sure, Billy. Your ex only wants what's best for you because she believes that is only herself. If she had any respect for you she wouldn't be trying put mess in your life.

Ooh, Adam, you in trouble now. When Nikki summons you, stuff is about to go down. Stuff like you getting a verbal spanking. Nikki has killed several people who crossed her so you better pay her some mind.

On the one hand I want to give Billy credit for immediately telling Lily about Victoria. But, doing that put Lily on notice and she opted to remove herself from the game instead getting involved in some goofy contest. Oh noes, Billy! Which way do you turn now? 🙄

Theories abound about what might be going on with Rey. One is that Sharon poisoned him via an alter personality, and another is that Chelsea did it via Chloe, and yet another is that Adam is behind it because he wants Rey out of the way. What if Rey did it to himself to get Sharon's attention off of Adam? Maybe he knows some old Cuban brujería. 👹😈

• Love 9

Lily finally realized that Nostrils is a cad and that his dick is really a weather vain blowing in any direction that he feels that there is a welcoming “harbor”.  

Nikki your threats are laughable. Nikki is your brain so alcohol soaked that you forgot all that shit and anguish that Olive Oyl and Banana Breath have pulled on their father. Starting with suing him for a half of billion each. How about the shit and anguish Banana Breath pulled on you with posing as J.T. scaring you out of your mind so he could steal from NE. How about Olive continuing to undermine her father and making demands on him. 

More suck ass writing. Chelsea moves when the nurse can walk-in at anytime. There is no password on Adam’s tablet so she can text Sharon. Sharon confronts Adam about his text but Adam denies he sent it but sees that a text was sent on his tablet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm not sure what's actually happening with the Rey illness thing, but it's playing out like some sort of budget sci fi slasher.  Sharon comes home, a potentially alien infected Rey lurches in from the shadows ("Something....wrong??"), minor key riff going off.  

Sure, Adam doesn't want to cause trouble in your life.  Of course he DOES, like he always has, because he's a selfish 12 year old prick.  But you're horny and your husband is such a miserable shrew, so go ahead and believe him.  

I think Nikki's fantastic and looked gorgeous, but she's been so much more interesting on her own, and not subservient to effing Victor.  

That was such a typical move for Victoria.  Make some declaration then pull it back and act (poorly) like she's an ice queen after all.  

I'm not really sure of Lily's decision to step away regardless of what Billy's saying right now.  I do think she has good reasons, from both her own history and because, well, Billy's a schmuck.  I wonder if he'll just use this as an excuse to involve himself with Victoria, because after all Lily said to take a break, so it's her fault.

Edited by JNavarro
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I'm not sure what's actually happening with the Rey illness thing, but it's playing out like some sort of budget sci fi slasher.  Sharon comes home, a potentially alien infected Rey lurches in from the shadows ("Something....wrong??"), minor key riff going off.  

Sure, Adam doesn't want to cause trouble in your life.  Of course he DOES, like he always has, because he's a selfish 12 year old prick.  But you're horny and your husband is such a miserable shrew, so go ahead and believe him.  

I think Nikki's fantastic and looked gorgeous, but she's been so much more interesting on her own, and not subservient to effing Victor.  

That was such a typical move for Victoria.  Make some declaration then pull it back and act (poorly) like she's an ice queen after all.  

I'm not really sure of Lily's decision to step away regardless of what Billy's saying right now.  I do think she has good reasons, from both her own history and because, well, Billy's a schmuck.  I wonder if he'll just use this as an excuse to involve himself with Victoria, because after all Lily said to take a break, so it's her fault.

Great post, JNavarro!  I'd love it if we found out that pods were replacing people in Genoa City.  Thing is, I bet I'd be good with keeping the pods instead of most of these folks.  It's not as if people like Nick, say, could get any dumber.  And a pod would be definite step UP for someone like Phyllis.

I'm assuming it must be something gastro-intestinal with Rey Rey.  Anyone that tight-assed is bound to have major cramps.  Just let it out Rey Rey - preferably when the only person available to suffer the intake is Adam.

What the hell did Nikki DO to Adam with her scolding today?  Show did a close-up on his face after Nikki finished skinning him alive and he looked like Rey Rey sounded - either ready to retch or tell some poor person he loved them.  Unless Nikki made him so nervous he forgot his training and actually let his thighs touch.

Nikki - yep Adam is a poisonous snake and an immoral dickhead whose only aim is to win the Lifetime Achievement Award for World's Biggest Putz but YOU are married to the reigning world champ, so until you admit your guilt as a co-conspirator with Victor kindly go home and abuse the staff.

Oh hell, it's Adam.  Fire away.  He always deserves it no matter from who, no matter when.

Unless Lily and Victoria want to fight over ButtBiscuit's remains as fertilizer for their rose gardens I'm not interested.  It's like competing to see which one gets to have the worst case of planter's warts.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
On 3/14/2021 at 8:20 PM, Waldo13 said:

I’ve been pondering this question for a long time and I’m wondering what you feel about this.  Do I have disdain for a Y&R character because of the character itself or the actor betraying that character?  Is my disdain for the character initially based on bias for they represent real people I have encountered in the real world?  With this being said, if come to my conclusion that it’s mostly the actors portraying the character. 

It's hard to believe that experienced actors are not able to overcome the dross they are given as situations and dialog, and attempt to elevate their character or Show in some small way. Some actors are not capable of imparting credibility to bad writing or direction, where others can serve smoldering dross on a silver tray.

I'm discouraged that TIIC don't have a variety of male love interests, and using their legacy characters to fill out SLs.

I find Rey, Banana Breath, Nostrils, Chloe, Phyllis, Chelsea, Olive Oyl, Kyle, and Summer have quirks in their acting choices that I find distracting and detrimental to their scenes. 

Rey: Without Rey Rey being shown working as a detective (And no input from Paul or Kevin), his character is resentfully trapped carrying Sharon's MyPolar/AA Jones/Broken Doll issues. He has come to the realization he married another dishonest woman. And not too happy about it.

Nick: I've been bored with his Neandertal behavior for years. But since back to playing video games and toe-sucking with Phyllis <blerg> he's had very few outside activities. Once in a while the New Hope charity is mentioned, a little fly-by parenting with Faith (what happened to CAN?), we thankfully don't see his Underpants home, and there's not much wrangling with Victor or the rest of the Newman's.

NotBilly: What can I say? He'll never be Billy Miller's Billy Abbott. NotBilly is a lying, cheating, egotistical scrub, and JT is a lousy actor, incapable to elicit a micron of empathy from me.

Chloe: EH acting tics and voice annoy me, but that's because she's usually playing Krazy Lady Walking. In her recent position helping Chelsea screw over Atonal Adam (thinking he's lying and cheating on Chelsea), I can table my annoyance to see what those two nitwits are scheming.

Phyllis: I've never been a fan of MS. Her scenery-chewing, phrase-repeating, arm-windmilling, asset stealing, hissing threats and regular kookery as characterization is rage-inducing. I miss GT. A lot.

Chelsea: I don't feel sorry for any situation Chelsea finds herself. Stuck in a wheelchair from a stroke? <shrug> Faking paralysis and plotting to ruin Atonal's life -- She fucks up everything she touches (I can't imagine her being a successful grifter with Anita), so I expect this plan with Chloe will end badly.

Victoria: I preferred EH to HT, and welcomed the recast. Her Victoria was less frantic, more polished and professional, but fighting for control of her personal/professional life, particularly attached to the NotBilly anchor. The Xerox-eries bid to avoid another 100 Years War between Teams Victor/Atonal and NotBilly/Lily is predictable crap on a cracker. Victoria confessing she still loves same old NotBilly is pathetic. TIIC need to cast a real love interest for Victoria.

Kyle: He's been an unreliable character since he returned to Genoa City. Falling in and out of love with Lola, then married/not married/boinking Dumber, becoming Jabot CEO doesn't help him either.

Dumber: <groan> HK and TIIC will never convince me that she's a viable executive. She is very much a mirror image of her mother's past transgression and bad behavior, dramatizing situations that depict her as the victim when she's the aggressor, demanding constant attention and assurance the sun rotates around her.

You didn't mention Darvon -- With the exception of his penis, he's the most inert billionaire on the planet.

Hillary 2.0: Her bio-mom story irritates me the more she attacks the woman for having over-bearing parents and no control of her life as a pregitive teenager. Does anyone wonder why Hillary 2.0 is nonchalant that Darvon is volunteering to inseminate Abby's eggs?

Lily: How can a woman that was married to Cane all those years be involved with NotBilly? She worked with him at Brash & Sassy and knows he cannot be trusted with a paperclip, and she's up to neck in a business purchase bid with Jack's money (who's going to own Xerox-eries if they win? Jack and Chance dot com, or just Jack?). It's ridiculous.

Characters like Abby, Sharon, Adam, Victor, Jack, Sally, Nikki, Lola, Faith, Lauren, etc are likable and not overly distracting or detrimental to their scenes.

Abby: The Baby Rabies SL is concerning -- Darvon, Mariah, Tessa, Hillary 2.0, Elena, Nina, Ashley -- Are all roped into this loopy incubation business, and Chance is nowhere to be seen or heard from? <shakes head> I liked Abby better when she was pretending she was Switzerland negotiating an uncertain peace between Victor and the Abbott's. 

Sharon: I'm over her MyPolar/Broken Doll/Faux-therapist/Atonal Adam addiction. As long as she chooses not to take responsibility ...  Well, Sharon needs to be honest with her motives ... It doesn't matter. Honesty is not going to happen without blowing up her life, and Sharon prefers to bury her uncomfortable truths.

Atonal Adam: Started out a bad actor from the MMAdam days, and has gone downhill. He's a manipulator, multiple murderer/multiple attempted murderer, cheat, thief, liar ... Atonal has no good qualities, and MG is a mediocre actor.

Victor has been defanged recently, and the Xerox-eries deal isn't all that nefarious, even if he thinks roping Atonal into running a media company from his coffee table is a good way to crush NotBilly/Chance dot com.

Jack: I've given up on TIIC casting a Woman of a Certain Age for Jack to fall for, so I guess it's Sally. And then there's the problem of what Jack does for work; run into Sally and flatter her gumption?

Sally: I like her but concerned she's almost as intrusive as Phyllis.

Nicki: She's looking fabulous, and making sense with her family. That can't last.

Lola: She's stuck at her restaurant, minding family problems and has no life or love interest of her own. Oddly she's not enmeshed in Elena's conundrum with boinking Darvon and Natey Nate Nate.

Faith: The only Teen Scene Story is hopelessly bogged down in her continued dishonesty and some phone stalking that should be detected by Nick and Sharon , but they're busy on adult matters.

Lauren/Mike: Should be around, invested in the Jabot/Fenmore's stories, and law-related/Gloria's Back in Town/Chloe/Kevin hijinks.

The only actors’ scenes that are 100% right on are Mariah and Tessa.  Mariah is the only actor that can elevate any scene that she appears without Tessa.

I like them, but not happy they have no actual stories of their own. The Baby Rabies business is mostly about Abby, and Mariah is carrying water for her personal fulfillment.

Tessa doesn't seem to have a music career to speak of, and Mariah's job at Jabot is servicing Kyle's Locke-ness Jr guilt.

Jack is close to be able to do this but fails when it comes to Kyle and Summer. 

PB is great as Jack, but you can't expect him to carry HK and MM in every scene; they're dead weight.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 15

Hello. New to the board and have a few questions.  How did the Banana Breath reference to Nick Newman come about?  Also what does TIIC stand for?

Personally I would like to see Victoria and Devon be recast.  I feel neither of the present actors adequately do justice to the evolution of their characters.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Tamiele said:

Hello. New to the board and have a few questions.   

giphy.gif

Hi, Tamiele!

Welcome to the Y&R Forum.

How did the Banana Breath reference to Nick Newman come about? 

Many posters think Nick's actions and the actor's techniques remind them of primate behavior. Primates eat bananas, thus the nickname Banana Breath was birthed.

Personally I would like to see Victoria and Devon be recast.  I feel neither of the present actors adequately do justice to the evolution of their characters.

At one time the writing and direction of both characters was more believable and dynamic, and they acted accordingly. I'm waiting for the day there will be another head writer/producer change, and Josh Griffin will crawl back under his ashtray to offend no more.

I live in hope.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, JNavarro said:

It finally clicked on who Rey has reminded me of since I first saw him on Y&R - Hymie the Robot from 'Get Smart'. Curiously, we were not allowed to call anyone "hymie" when the show originally aired, so I was always surprised that Hollywood named him that.

image.thumb.png.abe38a508ae156a28840a8bf3d99d213.png

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Welcome Tamiele! Banana Breath got his moniker due to his gorilla like finesse and style!🎩

I second that welcome, Tamiele!  As Peacheslatour says, Nick earned that nickname by how well he apes human behavior.  

His solemn nickname, used only for weddings, funerals and his extended scratching scenes is Dickolas.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I've thought before today that Ashland Locke already knows that Harrison is not his.  Today kind of confirmed my suspicions, he noticed Tara and Kyle looking at each other.  He's certainly not stupid, I'm sure he had a paternity test done on Harrison, probably right after he was born and unknown to Tara.  Tara acts so afraid, I hope we don't see Ashland hitting or being abusive towards her.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Kimboweena said:

I've thought before today that Ashland Locke already knows that Harrison is not his.  Today kind of confirmed my suspicions, he noticed Tara and Kyle looking at each other.  He's certainly not stupid, I'm sure he had a paternity test done on Harrison, probably right after he was born and unknown to Tara.  Tara acts so afraid, I hope we don't see Ashland hitting or being abusive towards her.

Probably not. These kinds of shows, the evil tycoons usually prefer to employ attorneys and blackmail. I'm sure he has an ironclad prenup and he'll cut her off without a sou and publicly humiliate her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Probably not. These kinds of shows, the evil tycoons usually prefer to employ attorneys and blackmail. I'm sure he has an ironclad prenup and he'll cut her off without a sou and publicly humiliate her.

I just hope that whatever he has in store for Kyle does not involve Jack and Jabot. Been there done that. Let Jabot be. Let Jack have fun with Sally. But hey, whatever he wants to inflict solely on Kyle, any cat and mouse games, I hope it's deliciously fun to watch.

The show is so boring right now. Everything Elena, Devon, Sharin & Rey, Mop, Buttbiscuit, is so ho hum. I can barely give a crap about Chels, I just watch her to laugh. She's so bad. The other day she could barely reach her arm to the table to get the phone, but she sure could snatch it back and type faster than a thirteen year old girl. Was Rey around Chels? I'm thinking maybe he caught what she has? Or maybe Sharin's the carrier? And really, how were the MWT's able to make Faith's bullying storyline so drab? Oh, right, Sharin and Rey. Things have gotten so bad that Lily, yes Lily, is on my A list of characters now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Okay some of the camera angles and scenes are a little weird when following Covid precautions but overall seem to be okay. The strangest scene so far was the kiss between Jack and Sally - which I did not want to see anyways as I think they are a total  mismatch.  But, these scenes between Sharon and Rey, as he is passing out and suffering with this mystery illness - and she is standing on the other side of the damn room whining and crying - it really looks strange. 🙄

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Tamiele said:

Okay some of the camera angles and scenes are a little weird when following Covid precautions but overall seem to be okay. The strangest scene so far was the kiss between Jack and Sally - which I did not want to see anyways as I think they are a total  mismatch.  But, these scenes between Sharon and Rey, as he is passing out and suffering with this mystery illness - and she is standing on the other side of the damn room whining and crying - it really looks strange. 🙄

Have you been watching Show for very long? I don't want to spoil anything for you but there have been some really weird scenes since Covid.

• Love 6

Pshht, if Devon insists on being a player he needs to tell his women not to drop in whenever they want. And get a daily maid service. 😑

Summer, your own daddy was okay with everyone living a lie until your paternity was finally confirmed. You should understand what Kyle's struggling with and maybe try talking him into having his own DNA test done on little Harrison.

I'm really liking Ashland. This guy is just messing with everybody. Kyle, Tara, Jack. Even dim bulb Summer. And he works Tara like she's a Stepford wife, lol.

Ew, Amanda, no! Don't be cleaning up Devon's cum-stained cushions and throws. 😖

Whee, wonder if Elena left that bracelet on Devon's floor accidentally on purpose? If so, golf claps to her. That's a classic side chick move.

I'm almost convinced Rey is doing something to himself to cause his symptoms. He's probably been consulting his abuelita down in Miami on how to concoct drinks or soups or whatever to make someone seriously ill but not kill them.

Wait, how could Lola be at the coffeehouse being galpals with Elena if she was supposed to be at Society cooking her special paella for the Lockes? Continuity person, please pick up the white courtesy telephone. 🤔

Amanda, you should be concerned that Devon could potentially get two women pregnant. There's also the STD risk since you don't know where else Elena's been and whether Devon's always keeping his stuff wrapped with her.

Summer trying to step to Tara. Girl, bye. Tara's likely got handbags with more substance than you. And dang if Tara didn't utterly body Summer. That eye roll she delivered at the end was perfect. 😏

Amanda: so Devon, give me rough estimate. How many more times do you think you have to screw Elena to reach closure?
Devon: weeeelllll, it's tough to put a number on it. But that doesn't mean you and I can't keep--
Amanda: dream on, fcukboi. Consider this your closure with me. Ugh, where is my hand sanitizer?

Ashland keeps looking at Tara like, "I will go scorched earth on you, your little boyfriend, and your entire lives if you step out of line." She's terrified of him.

Soooo, are we to assume Amanda told Nate about Elena and Devon continuing to get it in? Whatever, I don't blame him for dumping her because Elena is A LOT. 🥴

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Have you been watching Show for very long? I don't want to spoil anything for you but there have been some really weird scenes since Covid.

I took about a 10 year break from the show.  Started up again last summer when they were playing the older reruns.  I've been watching the new episodes ever since they started back.  I am sure I will reach a point where I will be annoyed with it again - and stop watching - but for now it is entertaining.  And yes, Covid has made for some strange set ups.  But, on the other hand, I don't have to watch all of the sex scenes.  Not a personal favorite.  🤪

• Love 10

Amanda, you should be concerned that Devon could potentially get two women pregnant. There's also the STD risk since you don't know where else Elena's been and whether Devon's always keeping his stuff wrapped with her.

I can see it now.  Amanda sleeps with Nate.  Both Amanda and Elena turn up pregnant, making it so that both Devon and Nate could be the father of one or both babies.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I can see it now.  Amanda sleeps with Nate.  Both Amanda and Elena turn up pregnant, making it so that both Devon and Nate could be the father of one or both babies.

Ah yes, the old Double WTD. Much rarer.

And yes, Covid has made for some strange set ups.  But, on the other hand, I don't have to watch all of the sex scenes. 

The scene where Dina died. It was so odd. She's sitting in a chair, kind of going in and out and the whole family is there. They're all sitting at least 10 feet from each other and Dina just dies. No one is holding her hand, she's not in bed or in hospice. She sits in a chair and she dies. It was one of the strangest scenes I've ever seen in my life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Summer is to dumb to live. What part of Ashland Lock is a tyrant doesn’t she understand?  Self gratification is her only priority and can care less about the path of destruction that can be caused. Yes, the acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree.  Summer couldn’t leave it alone and had to confront Tara. As usual the confrontation ended with Summer being bitch slapped. 

Today I got more of an impression that Tara is just an accessory and not a wife. Tara was standing behind Ashland when he was talking to Jack and seemed annoyed when she spoke at all.  Even when Tara returned from the restroom, she sat at the end of the couch and not next to her husband. 

I’m glad Abby mention freezing some of her eggs, but I don’t know if Abby knows the difference between eggs and embryos. Embryos will also be frozen so if the first attempt of pregnancy doesn’t work.  Finally TIIC are doing some research. 

Sharon is another dumb shit. Call 911 over Rey’s objections and get him to the ER or even to Nate’s clinic.  Of course Sharon went to a medical website to diagnose Rey. That’s how Sharon got her degree from The Cracker Jack University for Truck Drivers.  

Lola is the last person to give Elena advice. She’s basically a virgin when it comes to relationships. 

What’s the over and under of Amanda and Nate?  I give it a week. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I've been think Rey is possibly diabetic 

It's all those Cuban cookies. Hey Lola, learn some healthier recipes. Or Maybe it's all Sharin's oatmeal.

1 hour ago, drtslim said:

Can we get Vinny over from B&B? It could be Liberty Biberty's.

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

The scene where Dina died. It was so odd. She's sitting in a chair, kind of going in and out and the whole family is there. They're all sitting at least 10 feet from each other and Dina just dies. No one is holding her hand, she's not in bed or in hospice. She sits in a chair and she dies. It was one of the strangest scenes I've ever seen in my life.

It was at the beginning of the pandemic so I excuse them for all of the awkwardness, but you're so right. That was very strange. B&B is doing a great job with it. I think Y&R should be able to do it just as well since there are two real life couples on the show. No stunt spouses necessary. Or stunt parents. They even had their child actor on.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/14/2021 at 9:27 PM, SweePea59 said:

Not all vertigo (or vestibular migraines) can be cured with Dramamine. And can drive people to suicide. It's one of the worst feelings possible. And can come on at any moment, like while driving a car, imagine that. Luckily for your family member the Dramamine did the trick. That's rare.

I shouldn't have said Dramamine.  It's actually a prescription medication called Meclizine.  I couldn't remember the name and thought it was roughly the same as Dramamine (it probably isn't).  I was alone with my mom the first time she had vertigo, and it was terrifying.  It does recur every once in a while, but all symptoms go away for her within an hour of taking the meclizine. 

I think Ashland knows about Kyle. Tara doesn't have much of a poker face, so he must have picked up on her shifty eyes.  She looks like she's in a hostage video.  Ashland, you may be an ashhole, but don't call yourself "ruthless" until you have a book written about you with "Ruthless" as the title.  Victor has had boils lanced that were more ruthless than you. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I think Ashland knows about Kyle. Tara doesn't have much of a poker face, so he must have picked up on her shifty eyes.  She looks like she's in a hostage video.  Ashland, you may be an ashhole, but don't call yourself "ruthless" until you have a book written about you with "Ruthless" as the title.  Victor has had boils lanced that were more ruthless than you. 

Oh, you know he does. Why else would he come to GC? It's a backwater. If he were really trying to sell a major news corporation or what ever it is, he'd be in London, NYC or LA. Or these days, China or Korea.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12