Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I don’t think it was a good idea that it was Faith who wanted to live with her father. Faith is manipulating her mother and father once again. It should have been their idea. It’s very easy for Faith to manipulate them because she’s twice as smart as her mother and a hundred times smarter than her father. Faith is  a thousand times smarter than Summer but their is hope, Mariah is still much smarter than Faith.  

Is that a good idea Banana Breath confessing to Rey you want to hurt Adam. Of course if he does, Rey will cover it up. 

Chloe, get off my TV. Phyllis, get off my TV and rot in hell you worthless excuse for a blow up doll.  I’m sorry what Victor has done to you but that doesn’t mean that I can’t despise you.  

Wow, that’s a first. Jack actually paid for the Lattes and he left quite a tip. Jack is a real Mensch. He didn’t judge Sharon and understands Sharon’s and Adam’s relationship. I guess Jack has that understanding from dealing with Phyllis.  Phyllis, now you care about Jack when you  didn’t give a shit about him when you broke his heart cheating with Nostrils.  

Once again Banana Breath holds Nostrils harmless. What Adam did was horrible but Nostrils brought it to light. 

Did Rey get his Degree in Phycology from the same Cracker Jack Box where Sharon got hers.     

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

The look on Phyllis' face when Jack and Sally left Le Grand Putain was priceless!  You could see all of her poor life choices, including her idiot man-child boyfriend, flash across her eyes.  What makes me angry is that Phyllis can't stand to see Jack happy with anybody.  

I hope that, one day, Fun Uncle Devon tells Baby Chabby the story of when Mommy channeled Crazy Aunt Phyllis and hit Grampa Tucker with her car.

Rey, let me make this simple for you.  Sharon sees Adam the way I see those cinnamon rolls that come in a can.  I know I shouldn't, I know they're bad for me, I know I'll regret it, but damn, sometimes I just can't resist them! 

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

I think this whole baby making trio is going to come crashing down in soap opera style. Devon has to get a blood test and a sperm count so the champagne popping may be premature. Maybe we will find out that Devon is shooting blanks because of his meningitis and Hilary had a sperm donor to get pregnant. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I think this whole baby making trio is going to come crashing down in soap opera style. Devon has to get a blood test and a sperm count so the champagne popping may be premature. Maybe we will find out that Devon is shooting blanks because of his meningitis and Hilary had a sperm donor to get pregnant. 

I also think it's going to come crashing down, but in a different way.  Everybody is way too starry-eyed right now, even Nina.  Amanda's advice to Devon about making his rights clear provided a clue where this is headed.  Abby can say they're all going to be one big family all she wants, but one day Devon and/or Mariah are going to disagree with some choice Abby makes for the child, and Abby won't want to hear it from them.   

I wish Abby and Chance weren't involved in this.  This forced sense of urgency with them is mystifying, especially with Chance not around.  Maybe if Rey wanted a child but Sharon couldn't carry one because of her age and Mariah agreed to be their surrogate, or if Devon were a donor for Mariah and Tessa, it would be more interesting.  

I'm sure Abby's condition with the scarring is a very serious thing in the real world.  In Soap World, not so much.  Steffi had exactly the same problem on B&B and was told she'd never be able to carry a child.  Then she had some cutting-edge procedure or chugged Lourdes water or something, and now she's churning out kids like a Pez dispenser.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

What I don't understand is why every Genoa City idiot involved with this moronic baby escapade hasn't given a single thought to the fact that even though Abby is the odd Newman out, this baby's life will be owned and controlled by TGVN, no matter whose sperm is it anyway. And no one else's opinion, not carrier-pigeon Mariah, not baby-daddy Devon, not under-cover-of-darkness Chance, not Nana Nina, not even egg-white Abby, will matter. You got that?

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

'm sure Abby's condition with the scarring is a very serious thing in the real world.  In Soap World, not so much.  Steffi had exactly the same problem on B&B and was told she'd never be able to carry a child.  Then she had some cutting-edge procedure or chugged Lourdes water or something, and now she's churning out kids like a Pez dispenser.

It gives rise to another complication to throw in the mix.  Chance will come home for a surprise leave from hush-hush whateverhesdoing and Abby will get pregnant.  This is good for years of conflict such as favoring the "real" child by Chabby, the donors wanting to officially adopt "unreal" child, the half siblings fighting with each other over inheritance rights.  Loads of fun.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm sure Abby's condition with the scarring is a very serious thing in the real world.  In Soap World, not so much.  Steffi had exactly the same problem on B&B and was told she'd never be able to carry a child.  Then she had some cutting-edge procedure or chugged Lourdes water or something, and now she's churning out kids like a Pez dispenser.

Doesn't that have something to do with the healing properties of Liam Spencer's Super Sperm?

Speaking of the waffle, an obligatory Liam gif:

7G4f.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Thursday's episode was good, dare I say great. I wasn't expecting Y&R to have a thoughtful episode surrounding Abby and Chance raising half black child. Good Job writers. This time.  

Faith going to stay with Nick is tolerable since he's the parent that stable at the moment, so in Faith's mind Nick is the lesser of two evils right now. No way she deserves a spa day though, not at this point in time. I'm confused as to why Chole doesn't know about the Shadam kiss if it's all over the internet. That made Friday's episode really dull for me, but I guess she'll know soon enough. Jack/Sally is still in the okayish zone for me but he should still watch out, not because Phyllis is right or anything, but just in general.     

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

Thursday's episode was good, dare I say great. I wasn't expecting Y&R to have a thoughtful episode surrounding Abby and Chance raising half black child. Good Job writers. This time.  

Faith going to stay with Nick is tolerable since he's the parent that stable at the moment, so in Faith's mind Nick is the lesser of two evils right now. No way she deserves a spa day though, not at this point in time. I'm confused as to why Chole doesn't know about the Shadam kiss if it's all over the internet. That made Friday's episode really dull for me, but I guess she'll know soon enough. Jack/Sally is still in the okayish zone for me but he should still watch out, not because Phyllis is right or anything, but just in general.     

In the risk of not being politically correct, Abby and Chance will be raising a quarter black child. Devon is half blacked. 

Banana Breath has a full bar with the Underground sign. I would imagine that is what Faith is thinking about. Banana Breath needs to lock up his liquor bottles. 
Plus Faith is thinking about less supervision from Banana Breath plus she can wrap him around her little figure.  

Can we please get Chloe canceled?  She is actually more annoying than Phyllis. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

I thought maybe she did know about it and that's why she showed up out of the blue like that. But Chloe seems like the type that would have reamed him for that so maybe not.

• Love 8
On 2/25/2021 at 2:22 PM, basiltherat said:

Anybody else think it was uncomfortable when Devon was telling Lily about becoming a daddy donor, when it was actually HIS SISTER LILY who killed his wife and fetus and put him in that damn spot to begin with!

Uhhh yeah!

On 2/25/2021 at 2:41 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

And she was calmly discussing Hillary 1.0/baby death like someone else was responsible?

Ironic isn't it?

She caught Idontgiveashititis From Butt - It's a sexually transmitted thing he picked up dumpsterfucking.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:11 AM, SweePea59 said:

The only way I could see this asinine story line becoming remotely interesting would be for Devon to shoot the goo into a paper cup at the drs office/lab, then die as soon as he left the office and then have Abby, Elena and Amanda fight over the contents of said paper cup.

Disposal of fertilized eggs and uncooked eggs is usually in the contracts. I still look for Prick to kidnap the slides and stick them in surrogates. Jack could walk around with one petrie-dish and introduce it as his new young girlfriend.

8 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

What I don't understand is why every Genoa City idiot involved with this moronic baby escapade hasn't given a single thought to the fact that even though Abby is the odd Newman out, this baby's life will be owned and controlled by TGVN, no matter whose sperm is it anyway. And no one else's opinion, not carrier-pigeon Mariah, not baby-daddy Devon, not under-cover-of-darkness Chance, not Nana Nina, not even egg-white Abby, will matter. You got that?

See my Victor accidentally getting Abby 8 babies post.

Nina - see Jack  Jack - see Nina. (but not until he knocks up Sally) It IS a soap.

Am I shallow that as good as the commercials for Clarice look I can't stand her stupid hairdo?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeamGabi said:

I'm confused as to why Chole doesn't know about the Shadam kiss if it's all over the internet. 

She mentioned that she had JUST returned from a secluded off-the-grid beach vacation.

As he continues to amass enemies it really feels like they are setting us up for a who killed Adam storyline. I just can’t imagine them getting rid of that character though. He shakes things up for too many others in town.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, lgprimes said:

She mentioned that she had JUST returned from a secluded off-the-grid beach vacation.

As he continues to amass enemies it really feels like they are setting us up for a who killed Adam storyline. I just can’t imagine them getting rid of that character though. He shakes things up for too many others in town.

They are going to set up a half dozen people shouting 'I COULD KILL YOU" then Chelsea will stab him or something - a candle stick in the foyer? Anyway, the law will be looking at Rey and Banana breath, Drunk Faith... and Chels will just sit and stare venomously. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, crowsworks said:

She caught Idontgiveashititis From Butt - It's a sexually transmitted thing he picked up dumpsterfucking.

18 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Jack could walk around with one petrie-dish and introduce it as his new young girlfriend.

Two great laughs in one day/post!  Thanks, Crowsworks!

18 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Oh my god! They killed Ken- er, Adam!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Kyle and Tara felt like a “Bad Acting Off” 

Fools! Though you both were formidably artless, you are still on a show with MS who could recite the most banal 4 word line and convey she will bite your head off and have secks w your corpse.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/26/2021 at 2:29 PM, boes said:

Also......as much as I'm enjoying Nina being around, doing all this with your MOTHER IN LAW?

LMAO!  Nina has had a glow up though, she looks better than ever lately!

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

Devon, don't brush off Amanda's points. She's absolutely right and given up at birth or no, everything she is saying is correct in every way.

I wonder who they're casting to play the Big Bad? I hope it's Eric Roberts.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

This Tara lady look too much like Heather, Paul’s daughter actress who went on Vanderpump Rules after.... vail bloom ? 

Yes!  There is definitely a similarity there.  She is very Heatheresque.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

This Tara lady look too much like Heather, Paul’s daughter actress who went on Vanderpump Rules after.... vail bloom ? 

That's the Heather they used to call Man Hands!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

LMAO!  Nina has had a glow up though, she looks better than ever lately!

I’m glad someone said it. She looks gorgeous. Nina’s story and dialogue are boring and corny as hell, but the actress looks younger and prettier than ever in her face and body. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

That's the Heather they used to call Man Hands!

I always feel bad for her because I watched Vanderpump Rules and her season twice and she admitted to serious drug addictions (coke, ect) and emotional problems that she said started to get out of control while she was on Y&R. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Tara looked like a vampire or zombie or something. Terrible makeup.

What did Phyllis see? A browser history? Who’s?

I think this baby story could actually be very interesting when things don’t work out as planned. Mariah is going to get it the worst. The most sacrifice and has no claim to kid at all biologically. Which is fine (that’s what a surrogate is), but Chance, Abby, and Devon will all be like “our baby” and Mariah gets stretch marks.

Edited by Goodnight
Add
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Please keep your shirt on Devon. I’m begging you. It’s not because of the tattoos, its because he needs a few Billy Blanks’ workouts. 

Tara is definitely not what I expected. I expected her to be a little older.  If Kyle was trying to get over Summer, than why was he having an affair with another blue eyed round faced blonde.  Kyle IS a father. Who would have guessed?  

Devon has never saw that photo of Catherine before?  Curious, I’m pretty sure I have. Why is Devon so cavalier about the legal ramifications of being a donor.  Mariah wasn’t concerned about legal ramifications either until Mariah’s lawyer hit her with a dose of reality.  Mariah and Tessa are still the best most real relationship on Y&R. You actually can see the love Mariah has for Tessa in her eyes. I get the feeling, it’s not entirely acting.  Mariah also has the best hair. Those curls really accentuate her face.  

The doctor not Mariah’s lawyer should have Mariah see a therapist. Devon needs to have battery of blood test including a sperm count, a check of blood type, and Rh factor plus a trip to a therapist. Abby also needs to take a battery of blood tests. In most states it’s required before the procedure can take place. As an aside, certain genetic abnormalities are inconsequential when either the “father” or the mother carry a abnormal gene but becomes more consequential when both the “father” or mother combined have a gene that can cause a birth defect.  Its required for IVF but not mandatory for marriage though it can be requested if there is a family history of birth defects.  One other thing. Abby has been pregnant once before so it becomes imperative that Abby and Devon have the same Rh factor. Incompatibility of Rh factors can be dealt with but only if known. If untreated the incompatibility can cause the damage to the fetus’ red blood cells.  Since the surrogate’s blood doesn’t mix with the fetus, the surrogate’s Rh factor is not important. Also, it’s Mariah’s first pregnancy. 

Can we now have Phyllis canceled. She’s all up in Sally’s business for things that she actually tolerates in Summer and herself.  Sally is a Barracuda?  In the dictionary, Phyllis you picture is in the definition of Barracuda. In fact Heart sings a song about you.  Sally has looked up information on Jack.  So what?  How did Phyllis get that search history off Sally’s computer when Sally would have her computer with her. Unless Sally has more than one computer.  The old adage about revenge is to dig two graves, but Phyllis is about to fill a cemetery. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

As he continues to amass enemies it really feels like they are setting us up for a who killed Adam storyline. I just can’t imagine them getting rid of that character though. He shakes things up for too many others in town.

Plus, the actor who plays him is SC's boyfriend. As long as that's going on, or until he gets a better gig like a movie or primetime, Adam isn't getting killed off.

I wonder who they're casting to play the Big Bad? I hope it's Eric Roberts.

Eric Roberts could certainly convey the badness. He's been on Y&R before though, as attorney Vance Abrams. Plus, according to IMDb he is extremely busy. He must have one of the best agents in Hollywood. Whatever, turns out Y&R has finally cast the Ashland Locke role. I don't hate it though I'm not familiar with the actor's work. He has the right look and is the right age to mix it up with Jack and Victor. Casting news from Soap Central:

Spoiler

GH alum Richard Burgi joins The Young and the Restless

by Dan J Kroll

Posted Monday, March 1, 2021 08:05:08

If you've wondered if the repeated mentions of Ashland Locke meant the character might soon pop up on-screen, the answer is yes. And now we know which soap vet will play the role.

The Young and the Restless has hired former Desperate Housewives and General Hospital star Richard Burgi to play the role of Ashland Locke.

According to Deadline, Burgi will debut later this month when the shrewd business mogul entertains bids to buy his media company from some of Genoa City's elite. (HINT: Think lots of back-and-forth bidding and drama from the Abbott and Newman families)

Burgi might be best known to primetime soap fans for his role as Karl Mayer on ABC's Desperate Housewives. From 2014 to 2016, Burgi was tapped to take over the role of Paul Hornsby on General Hospital -- also on ABC. More recently, Burgi appeared on the short-lived primetime telenovela Grand Hotel, which -- you guessed it -- also aired on ABC.

Look for Burgi to make his debut in the recurring role beginning March 11.

What did Phyllis see? A browser history? Who’s?

She went up to Sally's room and came back with a laptop that is presumably Sally's. The browser history showed searches on pretty much all the Abbotts, from Dina's death onward. Phyllis immediately assumed the worst and is about to drop a bomb on Sally's new promotion by telling Lauren.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Please keep your shirt on Devon. I’m begging you. It’s not because of the tattoos, its because he needs a few Billy Blanks’ workouts. 

Bryton James' been a little on the doughy side for awhile; no definition.

Tara is definitely not what I expected. I expected her to be a little older.  If Kyle was trying to get over Summer, than why was he having an affair with another blue eyed round faced blonde.  Kyle IS a father. Who would have guessed?

<shrug>

Is it a surprise? TIIC have been telegraphing this shocking Who's The Daddy? discovery for weeks. It's been a foregone conclusion since Theo dropped his last anvil.

Tara was typecast as tail Kyle would pursue while brokenhearted over Dumber, though their scenes were Bad Acting lessons in What Not To Do. Yeesh! 

Devon has never saw that photo of Catherine before?  Curious, I’m pretty sure I have. Why is Devon so cavalier about the legal ramifications of being a donor.  

Darvon's being written as starry-eyed over the prospect of fathering a second-chance baby, romanticizing the technical, medical, legal and personal issues by brushing them aside.

He's operating as if his personal relationship with Abby and Mariah (essentially Chance has been written out by TIIC, and Nina is all agog to be a grandmother, so she brings no level-headedness to the table) will make all baby decisions mutual, friendly and copasetic between the three of them.

It's odd that Darvon's infatuation with fathering a baby has him not taking Hillary 2.0's warnings and attempts at protecting his legal obligations seriously: he's made such a big deal over what an authoritative practicing attorney she's proved to be (barring the faux Chancellor inheritance lawsuit Hillary 2.0 couldn't be bothered to practice due diligence).

Mariah wasn’t concerned about legal ramifications either until Mariah’s lawyer hit her with a dose of reality.  Mariah and Tessa are still the best most real relationship on Y&R. You actually can see the love Mariah has for Tessa in her eyes. I get the feeling, it’s not entirely acting.  Mariah also has the best hair. Those curls really accentuate her face. 

I don't think Mariah is as beguiled with the being an incubator as Darvon is with becoming a bio-father. She tends to be more reasonable and down-to-earth.

Mariah and Tessa's relationship (pure acting, real or in our imagination) is a pleasure to watch. I still think it's a shame that Mariah is being used to carry water for Abby's baby rabies, and not in her own story arc, but this may be a way of TIIC bolstering her character and relationship with Tessa for viewers not happy with a front-and-center lesbian couple.

The doctor not Mariah’s lawyer should have Mariah see a therapist. Devon needs to have battery of blood test including a sperm count, a check of blood type, and Rh factor plus a trip to a therapist. Abby also needs to take a battery of blood tests. In most states it’s required before the procedure can take place. As an aside, certain genetic abnormalities are inconsequential when either the “father” or the mother carry a abnormal gene but becomes more consequential when both the “father” or mother combined have a gene that can cause a birth defect.  Its required for IVF but not mandatory for marriage though it can be requested if there is a family history of birth defects.  One other thing. Abby has been pregnant once before so it becomes imperative that Abby and Devon have the same Rh factor. Incompatibility of Rh factors can be dealt with but only if known. If untreated the incompatibility can cause the damage to the fetus’ red blood cells.  Since the surrogate’s blood doesn’t mix with the fetus, the surrogate’s Rh factor is not important. Also, it’s Mariah’s first pregnancy. 

The entire Surrogacy SL is a hash of idealized and unrealistic nonsense. 

There's a lot that is not being done, not being said, not being considered about the technical/medical/legal details -- Because TIIC don't want to bog down the story with realism? It might slow things down and demand sense be made ... We don't want that, do we?

Can we now have Phyllis canceled. She’s all up in Sally’s business for things that she actually tolerates in Summer and herself.  Sally is a Barracuda?  In the dictionary, Phyllis you picture is in the definition of Barracuda. In fact Heart sings a song about you.  Sally has looked up information on Jack.  So what?  How did Phyllis get that search history off Sally’s computer when Sally would have her computer with her. Unless Sally has more than one computer.  The old adage about revenge is to dig two graves, but Phyllis is about to fill a cemetery. 

It amazes me that anyone would want to stay in a hotel where the Owner/Concierge barks orders, openly argues with customers, searches occupied rooms and generally operates like she's running a prison camp instead of a boutique hotel.

It will be how Phyllis presents her evidence against Sally, and how she explains how she obtained it; I don't see Lauren being that easily hoodwinked by Phyl's shenanigans to do battle and protect Dumber, because that will end up being Lauren's analysis of Phyllis breaking into Sally's laptop.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Plus, the actor who plays him is SC's boyfriend. As long as that's going on, or until he gets a better gig like a movie or primetime, Adam isn't getting killed off.

Eric Roberts could certainly convey the badness. He's been on Y&R before though, as attorney Vance Abrams. Plus, according to IMDb he is extremely busy. He must have one of the best agents in Hollywood. Whatever, turns out Y&R has finally cast the Ashland Locke role. I don't hate it though I'm not familiar with the actor's work. He has the right look and is the right age to mix it up with Jack and Victor. Casting news from Soap Central:

Hide contents

yumm-- I've been a fan for years, how this guy never became a big star i don't know. I do know he makes Kyle and most of the guys on this show look like a pile of old tires. When he was on a Firefly episode (great show) Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudek on the commentary joked that "in the future - people are going to be really good looking"

Meanwhile, could Lauren's outfit be more udderly daywear.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I think somewhere on these boards I said something halfway nice about Dummer last week.

Let me retract that.  I claim temporary (temporary??) insanity.

Dummer sees Sally, deliberately goes and antagonizes her and then runs off to Phyllis to complain about how horrible SALLY is being?

Somebody get Dummer a wearable peanut butter face mask STAT!  Don't hold the anchovies.

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh look, our favorite character is back!

image.png.a869565b66c1d2668c5cd8abb7171fae.png

Isn't Nick always scratching his nether regions with that thing?

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Scratch Here.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, boes said:

I think somewhere on these boards I said something halfway nice about Dummer last week.

Let me retract that.  I claim temporary (temporary??) insanity.

Dummer sees Sally, deliberately goes and antagonizes her and then runs off to Phyllis to complain about how horrible SALLY is being?

Somebody get Dummer a wearable peanut butter face mask STAT!  Don't hold the anchovies.

Isn't Nick always scratching his nether regions with that thing?

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Scratch Here.

Now Chelzzz's hand is has scenes all by itself. Remember one of the innumerable times Adam comes back, all we saw was a hand for a long time? It was always a fav of mine. Masterclass in acting and all. 

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Po widdle Kyle. The lies are piling up and he can't keep them sorted out. Aw.

Phyllis as the owner of the hotel is not entitled to steal guest's property. But having done so, why would she be waving it around in the middle of the lobby? She's ordinarily not that stupid.

MCE gunning hard for that Emmy. I ain't mad at her. I am just waiting for Chelsea to fling herself out of that wheelchair and punch Adam in the throat.

It must be weird for Lauren to see Jack sorta dating Sally since when she was Sally's age she got some of Jack.

Lol, Phyllis, nobody's trying to take your man, least of all Sally. Get over yourself. Nick is only a prize to you.

When Summer was coming at Kyle about what he's hiding from her, Kyle almost made Jack's trademarked grimace but he caught himself. Nice little detail.

Nick is right, Phyllis goes looking for trouble that could be avoided if she'd just stay in her own lane. This time she's going to be the one bringing trouble to GC in the form of Ashland Locke because she won't leave the Sally situation alone.

The first thing Kyle should do before he tells Summer anything else is get his own DNA test done. He shouldn't trust Tara's word that he's Harrison's father just because her husband isn't. B&B is trying to pull the same nonsense right now and I really don't get why. 😑

Summer negotiating with Bill Spencer. It is to laugh. Bill probably has wristwatches smarter than Summer.

Of course Adam meets with Chelsea's therapist at the coffeehouse where Sharon would likely be there and see them. It's as if he's deliberately trying to keep Sharon on his hook.

Oh Kyle, cash money on the table, Sally will "accidentally" tell Jack about his possible grandson. It may come out in pillow talk. 😉 You should get ahead of it and tell Jack yourself. He'll probably have some good advice.

In an odd way the writers kind of have Phyllis propping Sally now. Maybe one day they'll be besties. 🙄

So will Summer search Kyle's phone?

Chelsea the keypadder is going to get Sharon killed or at least kidnapped. Chloe and Kevin handle things by turning it up to 11, even when they don't have all the facts.

Somebody get Dummer a wearable peanut butter face mask STAT!

I keep advocating for peanut oil lube but a face mask would work too, especially if Kyle is the one wearing it. 😏

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Not only has Phyllis taken Sally’s computer out of her room but she is looking at it in a public space where Sally can just walk in and see her invading her privacy.  Even Banana Breath knows that Phyllis is bat shit crazy.  Phyllis’ hands move almost as fast as her mouth. 

Is there a boob warmer in Lauren’s dress?  I’m glad that Lauren is not judging Sally and seems to appreciate her work.  Phyllis, admits to invading Sally’s privacy to Lauren and Lauren doesn’t even bat an eyelash. Phyllis, you made no points with Lauren since Lauren already know about Jack’s and Sally’s “friendship”.  Do you think that Lauren is going to warn Sally about Phyllis’ prying to her personal space. 

Kyle acts like he has the upper hand but it’s Sally who’s in the drivers seat. Summer and Kyle act like their shit doesn’t stink. Yes, Sally has pulled some really stupid shit but it only effects Sally, Wyatt, Flo where as Kyle’s shit effects many more lives.  

Banana Breath is warning Jack about Sally.  Now Banana Breath is sniffing Phyllis’ arm pits among other thinks.  Jack is not a mindless idiot like you and Phyllis and can take care of himself.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I can’t wait to see Chelsea’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre routine on Adam.  This could be some great watching. Chloe apparently has told Kevin about Chelsea, so I wonder if he will have a part in this?  

Someone please tell Lauren that the hookerville red dress is not something an executive in her position would wear during the day.  Plus, we’ve seen Thing 1 and Thing 2 far too often.  Time to put them away. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

At the risk of stating the utmost obvious...Phyllis is so dumb and selfish.  Her thinking Jack needs protecting (he doesn't, not from her) is one thing.  

But going around and telling everyone how lonely and vulnerable he is, even though perhaps true, is humiliating.   Men don't want to hear people taking pity on their romantic woes, especially from the one who got away who still thinks "they're a great guy".   Jack would probably rather be made fun of than hear something that patronizing and embarrassing from people he knows.  JFC, idiot.  

For whatever reason, I really like that dumb film noir-wannabe jingle they play when something supposedly sleuthy or mysterious happens.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

So we had to listen to Phyllis describe herself AGAIN as the Little Match Girl who against all odds, worked hard and climbed out of that there gutter.  That gutter, the one right next to the dumpster she had sex with Deacon in.  Downstairs from the apartment she killed Sasha in.  

Oh WAIT. Phyllis DIDN'T grow up poor.  She grew up the daughter of an investment banker in some Aryan from Darien Connecticut suburb where her shoes were made out of marzipan and her underwear crafted from wings she plucked off  butterflies.  ENOUGH dear Phyllis with the "I worked my fingers to the BONE for everything ALL MY LIFE".    Now go wait for your ride in front of Rexx Rugs.  Christine and Paul want to take you out for a drive.

Sally Spectra is fast becoming my favorite character.  I feel sorry for her trying to play with those two dullards, Dummer and Kyle.  Together those two couldn't count to 20 without drifting off.  Who Sally really needs to meet is Lola so she can congratulate her on getting rid of Kyle just in time.

Lauren may dress like Mae West went on a shopping spree at Victoria's Secret but I loved her amused reaction to Phyllis and her nonsense today as well as her attitude about Jack and Sally.  I'll take more of that any day.

What exactly is Adam hiding under all those sweaters with the high necks?  Does he have a goiter?  A twin growing out of his chest?  Maybe a third or fourth or fifth nipple?  And that bow-legged "my thighs must NOT touch EVER" walk he does.....there has to be a cream for that.

All Sharon needed was an eye patch and she'd have looked like a pirate in her outfit today.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Banana Breath is warning Jack about Sally.  Now Banana Breath is sniffing Phyllis’ arm pits among other thinks.  Jack is not a mindless idiot like you and Phyllis and can take care of himself.  

Dumbest thing Jack ever did was get involved with Phyllis.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, JNavarro said:

For whatever reason, I really like that dumb film noir-wannabe jingle they play when something supposedly sleuthy or mysterious happens. 

My cat watched Y&R with me for 16 yrs and would always turn towards me with a look of alarm whenever she heard that music, so I always smile when I hear it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Does anyone want to chip in to help me buy a hairbrush for Phyllis and Summer?

Yeah, I guess Victor or Nick never returned the one they used for the genetic tests.  Better buy bulk-Victoria/Mop needs one, too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MollyB said:

Yeah, I guess Victor or Nick never returned the one they used for the genetic tests.  Better buy bulk-Victoria/Mop needs one, too.

Ya know, it's funny. Mariah wears her hair in a similar tousled style but she pulls it off.

• Love 12
(edited)

Oh thank goodness Kyle thought to put a password on his phone, and change it from the one Summer knew. That's one thing I won't have to gripe about. 😌

Meanwhile, was Summer wearing some kind of padding or prosthetic on her derriere? She almost looked like Carol Burnett's Mrs. Wiggins character.

Sharon's going to pick the marriage counselor she and Rey go see. Big mistake, Rey. You better find the counselor and schedule the appointment yourself. If it's up to her the waters will already be muddied by her before two you go in, or she'll never schedule the appointment. Sharon can't risk having an actual educated and trained therapist see through the nonsense she considers valid and ethical treatment methods.

Jack has an elegant way of telling people to mind their own business. IMO Summer was even more out of line than Phyllis since Jack is very much her elder and doesn't have to answer to her. He's probably got shoes with more maturity than her.

Oh wow. Summer just crossed a major line trying to get help breaking into Kyle's cell. Kyle's not obligated to tell her all his secrets. (Besides, the new password is probably Jack's birthday instead of Diane's. No cracking required.)

So now Faith isn't worried about being deemed a snitch by the other kids? Oy. She may come to regret that decision because they'll see it as a Newman throwing their weight around. Grandpa might have step in and shut it all down.

Whoa boy, Victor is putting Adam in Ashland Locke's sights. This might not bode well. TNT, meet dynamite.

How dumb does Tara think Kyle is? "Oh hey, Ashland Locke! I used to fcuk your wife! And guess what else? I might be Harrison's real daddy! You have a nice day, okay?"

Cute how Sharon painted Adam as a lowkey hero to Faith. She left out the part about how she still can't get over Adam's joystick. 😏

Faith, sweetie, it's gotta be Jordan. Buy a clue! Gah!

On the one hand, by some miracle Phyllis managed to give Summer good advice about not betraying Kyle's trust. BOTOH, maybe Summer should've accepted that Kyle might've had a good reason for not telling her the whole story about Tara. Now she's in danger too if Tara's husband finds out who Kyle is to Tara and Harrison.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, Chelz! Cap that fool. Lol, Adam doesn't know how badly he messed up making Chelsea a virtual prisoner in her own home. Now she's daydreaming about joining the list of people who've tried to kill him. 🤗

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

Yes, Summer is her mother’s daughter. No sense of people’s privacy.  Did hell freeze over. Did Phyllis actually refuse to hack Kyle’s phone. Not that she could tread where law enforcement fails to go. An once again we get the mother and daughter mantra.  We can hold something over your head but god help you if you hold something over their heads.  

Now Chelsea reminds me of the Uma Thurman character from Kill Bill vol 1 willing herself to move after being in a coma for 4 years in the back of the Pussy Wagon. Like Uma, hate is a very strong motivator.  Is Chelsea going to go to Okinawa to buy a Honzo Sword?   

Why are they making such a big fuss about the deal Summer made with Bill Spencer. Summer bought advertising and Bill agreed to allow her to buy advertising. He didn’t give it to her for free. I’m sure, knowing Bill, Summer even had to pay for the puff piece.  Summer dodged a bullet. Bill didn’t dump a building on her head or drop her out of his helicopter.  

Faith has Banana Breath and Sharon wrapped around her little finger. Boo hoo, tales or woe and a few tears always does the trick.  Did Faith through Jordan under the bus or was it just said for the effect. Faith is 10X smarter than her parents, so I just think it was to throw them off. 

And then there is the “honorable” governor of New York State. May he rot in hell.  Did anything happen over the last 30 mins?  Please fill me in. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

My cat watched Y&R with me for 16 yrs and would always turn towards me with a look of alarm whenever she heard that music, so I always smile when I hear it.

This is lovely.  Thanks for sharing!

• Love 8
(edited)

It looked to me as if someone on the writing staff has had just about enough of Faith's bullying storyline, or at least enough of Faith having an issue with alcohol addiction with her and Sharon back to playing Happy Families.  That's fine with me.  I had no interest in watching Sharon have another attack of the googly eyes while trying to decide just what outfit to wear to another of Faith's meltdowns.

18 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Didn't Sharon even realize the irony of her shoving her daughter into counseling and her dancing around going with her husband.  Coupon clipper, heal thyself!

Yeah!  What was that all about?  Sharon is always droning on and on with her Psych 101 babble, always trying to push anyone and everyone into taking her "Two mental disorders for the price of 1!!" coupons but suddenly, when the stiletto is on the other foot she just can't see a good reason for HER to need to see a therapist.  

That little reminder to Faith about Adam "saving her life" was pretty rich.  Nice that he didn't callously run for the hills but did do his best to keep the child he's stolen from Sharon and Nick from dying,  handed off to Ashley as her daughter and only fessed up when tied to a chair.  Sharon, fill us in on how he's made up for killing Richard Hightower, gaslighted Ashley, killed Dr. Taylor, seduced Rafe under false pretences..... and the list is so much longer.  Yep he's a real hero.

Poor Chelz.  I understand why she wants to kill Adam over Sharon but she should be even angrier about him keeping her in velvet pajamas this whole time.  Now THAT'S a crime!

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8

Just got to watch the last 30 min of Y&R from 3/3. It’s a little bitter sweet. The sweet was Faith giving up her bullies and Sharon confessing why, to Faith, that Adam does have a decent side to him. Sharon, though,  only referenced that she did some pretty bad things before she was diagnosed as bi-poplar.  The biggie was covering up for Sharon burning down the ranch.  The bitter is the way Summer and Phyllis act on a daily basis like their shit doesn’t stink if they shit at all.

You know that Adam is going to accept Victor’s offer to run the media company because it won’t be under NE’s umbrella. Didn’t Adam own his own media company?  You know the one that killed Alyssa’s story about Victor.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5