Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, deirdra said:

Victor's mumble is getting worse.  I have to increase the volume 3 notches to hear >half of what he says and turn it down afterwards so as not to blow out my eardrums.

It's Closed-Captioning for me!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I guess I've missed quite a bit, but why in the hell would Victor go outta his way to help Adam on...well, anything? He had a hard on for Billy back when. He was married to Vikki, but Buttbiscuit has done a pretty bang up job of breaking up Villy for good.

So, I guess Adam is part of the family now? Despite the self-serving seasons Victor dragged Adam to GC, Atonal has had many opportunities to make right and he chooses petty bitterness and schemes every time. Nick and Victoria make it damn difficult to support them, but they're not put of pocket to never trust him again. I do wonder why either expects better of Victor, however.

Oh yeah, Victor just loves Adam these days.  There was this retcon where young Adam murdered some guy who was threatening his mom and since then, Victor has been threatening everyone who doesn't love Adam.  

That's probably why he's mumbling more because the list of people who despise the manspreading, my-thighs-must-NEVER-TOUCH dweeb never stops growing.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm confident a good portion of the 40+ million African American/Black people in the US, many of whom are also biracial, who don't get to go Disney parks and experience an amazing lack of reactions to their racial appearance, would beg to differ whether being Black or half-Black is now considered no big and a matter of fact. In 2021 it does still happen that the parents of children who appear to be a different race from them do often experience issues in public, particularly Black men or women with children who look White. Issues like having the police called on them.

Well said.  It's not so great out here for lots of folks, even in the SF Bay area.  Our friends are a biracial couple and pretty much no-one feels a bit shy about playing "Guess your ethnicity" with their kids.  So many punchable moments with that one.

One of my favorite "Would a piano please fall on their head" moments happened with a friend's daughter - an ethnic mix of Japanese/American and Wisconsin White Irish/German - out walking her blond haired baby and having total strangers ask how long she's been the nanny or how long she's "lived in this country, your English is soooo good!".  Umm......

On 2/22/2021 at 7:35 PM, Snaporaz said:

If Abby had asked Devon to be the donor, that would be fine.  But having him offer is just plain strange.  And presumptuous!  He's just assuming she'll say yes.  How awkward would it be if she'd said, "Well, I was hoping for someone taller."  This does get Katherine's DNA into the mix, but it also gets Tucker's, and Abby pretty much hated Tucker.  This whole story is a hot mess.  

Abby could be uninterested for a whole host of decent reasons, not least of them being your donor being practically a relation to your husband AND a good friend.  

It's a little bit like declaring your TWU LUBE for the ages and having the person you just proposed to look up and say "Huh?"

Totally unrelated - I just wanted to say what a breath of fresh air Nina is and how happy I am to see her sticking around.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

Well said.  It's not so great out here for lots of folks, even in the SF Bay area.  Our friends are a biracial couple and pretty much no-one feels a bit shy about playing "Guess your ethnicity" with their kids.  So many punchable moments with that one.

I grew up not too far from you in a certain city in Solano County and...yeah. my white-passing half-brother always got rude strangers asking what he is, a question I've gotten less often for my chihuahua-mix dog FFS.

I remember going to the Navy Exchange with my friend's kid who I babysat (who is one-quarter Filipino) and getting plenty of Looks™ from people puzzling with their puzzlers about if the kid really could be mine. Good Lord.

• Love 5

I didn’t mean to start a discussion on people’s experience with Ignorant people who don’t understand how children don’t have to be the same ethnicity as their parents or be cavalier about it.  I have Brown hair with Brown eyes and my kids have Blonde Hair with blue eyes. My oldest daughter was asked, when we were out, if she was their mother. Ignorant people even have to opine on hair color.  

I was just commenting on the fact that’s it’s perfectly ok for Abby to use Devon as a donor and have a biracial child. I was just relating my personal experience and my daughter’s personal experience with people who accept her having a African-American/Hispanic adopted son with out batting an eyelash.  

• Love 6

I actually feel sorry for Rey. He is stuck in a seemingly endless loop with Sharon and her "whatever" with Adam. At some point, you just have to get off the merry-go-round.

It's easier to walk away when there is obvious abuse, neglect, infidelity, criminality, etc. In a case like this, I think Sharon loves Rey just fine, just not quite enough to put Adam completely in her rearview. And if you want to drive your spouse completely crazy, try continuously to convince them that that icky feeling they have about your "friendship" with this other person is all in their head. If Rey doesn't walk away from this marriage, he's going to blow his stack, and for what? For Sharon to go running to Adam's side when Rey finally ends up beating the crap out of him?

Rey, sometimes love just isn't enough. Tell Sharon you love her, wish her well, and walk away. Go find a woman who doesn't just love you, but puts you first. Don't spend anymore time trying to figure out why Sharon is so obsessively drawn to Adam. Who cares? Let her figure that out on her own time. Get on with your life, man!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Chelsea sitting there with the voice in her head; Adam reading ... what was it? ... poetry to her?  Sweet Jesus.  Then they leave her sitting in the chair while Adam goes about his business and the health care aide smiles as she walks by. While Chelsea still sits there staring at nothing; no tv on, no music, no books on CD.  Just sitting and staring and listening to the voices in her head.  And now her hand moves!  Gaslighting Chelsea could be interesting.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Chelsea sitting there with the voice in her head; Adam reading ... what was it? ... poetry to her?  Sweet Jesus.  Then they leave her sitting in the chair while Adam goes about his business and the health care aide smiles as she walks by. While Chelsea still sits there staring at nothing; no tv on, no music, no books on CD.  Just sitting and staring and listening to the voices in her head.  And now her hand moves!  Gaslighting Chelsea could be interesting.

"They are probably watching at me...let them. Let them see what kind of person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they're watching, they'll see.. They'll see and they'll know and they'll say "she couldn't harm a fly"

image.png.30b37732f82c36ed46feaf824067771a.png

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

At this point Nick and Rey ought to be thinking about having Sharon committed again. She's not just being destructive to her own life but also to that of her children and her husband. If she keeps going the way she is she'll let Adam destroy almost everything she cares about. And for what?

Won't happen again? Right, Adam. Until the next time. 🤨 Meanwhile, Sharon, the problem isn't that someone took the photo of you kissing Adam, it's that you were kissing Adam at all. In public no less. Are you losing what's left of your feeble mind? Stop deflecting. 🤨

I thought Lily's hair looked lovely today.

Gee, Devon, maybe the time to discuss being Abby's sperm donor with Lily was before you offered it to Abby. I'm thinking you should probably talk to your other sister Ana and cousin Nate too. They might feel some type of way about your giving a relative of theirs to the Abbott Newman Chancellors like some kind of perpetual Christmas present.

Eh, Rey, Adam didn't assault Sharon. Don't put your job at risk for that. Besides, trying to charge him would be a sure way to get Sharon to side with him against you.

Not for a second do I believe someone would name their company Cyaxares. IMO it's pompous and intellectually condescending. And it doesn't exactly roll easily off the average tongue. Guess one of writers must've been an ancient history major. Magna cum  AYFKMWTS.

Dang, Billy throwing all the shade right at Victoria's face. You're just daddy's puppet at NE, Vic, and it's gotta burn to have Billy tell you that. Womp womp. 😏

If Faith moves over to Nick's that'll be one less person around the cabin when Adam wants to drop in any old time. Pretty sure I saw Sharon lowkey do that calculation while Nick was talking to her. 🤔

Devon, you are so full of it. It's not up to you to be Abby and Chance's savior. Your being their sperm donor has at least 18 or so years of messiness written all over it. (And did we miss a scene where Abby agreed to accept Devon's offer?)

Ease up, Rey! Nick is Faith's father. He's not interfering if he's parenting his troubled child in Sharon's effective absence.

OMG, AFAIC someone needs to drive a steamroller over Sharon's house with Sharon and Adam in it. Declare it a toxic site and salt the earth left behind. Sheesh, I am not getting a star-crossed lovers vibe from them at all and I sure hope that's not what the MWTs are going for. 😒

I'm thinking what would be great is if Chelsea would find a way to kill Adam while everyone thinks she's still paralyzed. Odds are though she'd decide to kill Sharon instead.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TVForever said:

I actually feel sorry for Rey. He is stuck in a seemingly endless loop with Sharon and her "whatever" with Adam. At some point, you just have to get off the merry-go-round.

It's easier to walk away when there is obvious abuse, neglect, infidelity, criminality, etc. In a case like this, I think Sharon loves Rey just fine, just not quite enough to put Adam completely in her rearview. And if you want to drive your spouse completely crazy, try continuously to convince them that that icky feeling they have about your "friendship" with this other person is all in their head. If Rey doesn't walk away from this marriage, he's going to blow his stack, and for what? For Sharon to go running to Adam's side when Rey finally ends up beating the crap out of him?

Rey, sometimes love just isn't enough. Tell Sharon you love her, wish her well, and walk away. Go find a woman who doesn't just love you, but puts you first. Don't spend anymore time trying to figure out why Sharon is so obsessively drawn to Adam. Who cares? Let her figure that out on her own time. Get on with your life, man!

I’m might get static for this comment also but Rey in essence getting what he deserves. You marry someone and you marry their family, friends, and enemies. Rey knew of Sharon’s issues, not that they exonerate her, but your not magically cured of being bi-polar as much as TIIC want her to be. Nor is Sharon cured of the heartache she felt for Cassie and is reliving an alcohol related experience via Faith.  Nor is Sharon not feeling side effects of having cancer and her subsequent treatments. Chemo kicks the crap out of you physically and mentally. The heart wants what the heart wants but when the brain is also involved, Danger, Will Robinson, Danger.  Rey is basically forming his opinion about Adam on hear say. Rey wasn’t there for 80% of Sharon’s and Adam’s interact. Rey’s feelings are mostly based on Arturo’s and Mia’s betrayal plus jealousy and being an Alfa Macho Male who’s very possessive.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pro Adam or anti Rey. What I am is pro Sharon and I understand from whence she came. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

OMG, AFAIC someone needs to drive a steamroller over Sharon's house with Sharon and Adam in it. Declare it a toxic site and salt the earth left behind. Sheesh, I am not getting a star-crossed lovers vibe from them at all and I sure hope that's not what the MWTs are going for. 😒

Not The Cottage!!! That's what Rexx Ruggs is for.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I’ve never bought into Sharon really loving Rey. Maybe she’s just not a good enough actress at this point but I did buy her love for MM Adam. I just think that now SC is mailing in her performance until her next vacation to Hawaii.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Rey never should have married Sharon. Besides her baggage (Adam and not-Adam related), he obviously wanted a family. Sharon’s too old to give him any children, and I don’t care how much Show insists the opposite, she’s not a great mom. 
I don’t really like Chelzzz, but I do want her to rise from the chair and fuck some shit up.

Devon, you’re an idiot. And I don’t get why Abby and Chance wouldn’t want an anonymous donor? Do they really want some person hanging around and saying  that their baby is actually his? Which it actually is, because everyone knows it.

• Love 21

I wonder if Abby is considering that there's a history of addiction on both sides of Devon's family.  If Baby Chancellor Newman Abbott Hamilton Winters comes back from boarding school in five years as a raging teenage alcoholic, how funny would it be if Abby blames Devon?  

Last week, Bill Spencer said he was the "king of all media".  Now Ashhole Locke dusted off his copy of Edith Hamilton and named his company after the king of Media.  Is someone trying to get a rise out of Baba Booey?  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

Watching Chelsea reminds me of the Mona Lisa. So many art enthusiasts or non enthusiasts alike wonder what she was thinking about while posing for her portrait. But unlike the Mona Lisa, Chelsea is sitting there quite still except for eye movement and we know exactly what’s on her mind.  Chelsea is a much better actress when she doesn’t move and just speaks her lines. Chelsea you sly little devil getting Adam’s phone and getting to see the picture of Sharon and Adam. She’s recovered enough to get the phone enter the password and get the phone back to where it was left.

Rey was trying to get Sharon to say that Adam forced himself on her. Not taking the bate, Rey rushes over to confront Adam. Rey did cross the line by threatening Adam  but that’s a daily occurrence. 

Faith wants to live with Banana Breath because there will be a lot less supervision  with her father lusting after Phyllis plus Banana Breath has a full bar. 

I don’t think that Devon is listening with his heart. I think he’s listening to his ego.  I don’t think that Devon is a viable candidate anyway. He had meningitis which was severe enough to cause him to loose his hearing. It’s not determined what effect that would have on a child other than Devon could pass down the gene to his child that would make the child more prone to getting meningitis. Sort of a gene that would make a child more prone to lung cancer or a woman more prone to breast cancer. Like I said before men also have to get blood test before they can donate. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

Abby's baby (If Devon clears the DNA thing) would be pretty, slightly Bi-racial, nice dimples, loooong legs, lightbulb shaped head. Still, I bet Chance returns a couple months in and announces his fishies are-a swimmin'... and Abby somehow has fertilized eggs from both men. That might be a new twist. Who's the Daddies? Do twins - one of each. I was kind of surprised MO didn't want (hey, maybe she did) to do an adoption story.

this show could use some more kids - they barely have population replacement numbers. Maybe Dummer will see Kyle getting verklempt about 'his son' and get pregnant. Or Sally could get with Jack - worth it just to see everyone's (Phil's) heads explode if Jack pulled a John and had a late life kid. I don't blame her - at 30 or 40 I'd have been on him like a shot. Consider her choices.

I have hopes for Faith, Moses and a teen story. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Kyle for the love of god,1701449859_Tellherthetruthmeme.gif.56918afa587d6854c67015679904e5de.gif 

telling everyone but Summer about your maybe secret baby with Tara the shitty wife Locke just manufactures unnecessary drama. Summer is going to be like "How could you not tell meee!" and she will be right and I will agree, but that doesn't mean I want to hear it over and over.

Also loved Sally's breakdown of what Bill did to her to Summer, I'm surprised she left out he fucked his daughter-in-law and was an inch away from fathering his grandchild. Bill maybe a hottie but he's far from a good guy, even tho Sally is not my fave I couldn't root for him against her. Or Summer for that matter but I'd doubt it would get that far seeing as how if there was ever a showdown between Newman and Spencer, Newmans would probably win. Ridge would never help Bill, and both of his adult sons are waffling, useless, POS. So wtf would they do besides sit there? 🤷‍♀️ 

38 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I wonder if Abby is considering that there's a history of addiction on both sides of Devon's family.  If Baby Chancellor Newman Abbott Hamilton Winters comes back from boarding school in five years as a raging teenage alcoholic, how funny would it be if Abby blames Devon?  

It would be extremely funny because she would actually blame Devon! Abby and Chance getting an anonymous donor would be the better than getting Devon to do it it's only a matter of time before he starts trying to input and be a part of the kid's life. Lily had a good point that Devon ignored because of course he did. It would be an even better Idea if Abby pumped the brakes and waited a while but.....

The Sharon/Rey thing is a bit annoying now, I feel bad for Rey but the Shadam connection was a problem even before they got married so idk what he was expecting. All the ass kissing in the world won't make Sharon put Rey or her child for that matter, first.  

Seeing Victor be a dad to Atonal is awkward but it is a nice break from them griping and threating one another, for the time being.  

Victoria, you are too egotistical to hate yourself so why do you care and pine for Buttbiscuit. Can't the writers do something better than Villy round one-thousand and nobody cares? Shit I miss Cane anytime Buttbiscuit is on-screen too....and that disturbs me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

TIIC create two cliffhangers (Faith confronting Sharon on the photo of her kissing Atonal, and Darvon volunteering to be Chance/Abby's sperm donor) to cut out all reaction scenes and move on to the post-scrimmage wrap-up? Did I miss something? 

On 2/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, boes said:

Rey Rey may be dull as dishwater but, BUT, he's nailing Sharon to the wall and not backing down and I love it.  I doubt it will last but finally someone is calling her out on her self-obsession and selfishness.

I dislike Sharon more every day but I doubt that's an unpopular opinion.

I'm long over Sharon's Botox Ingénue/Broken Doll façade. It's an awkward and uncomfortable performance, no matter how many years SC has been directed or chosen to play the character that way.

Frankly, Sharon's deliberate indifference to the effect Atonal's manipulation is having on Faith, Rey Rey and Team Cancer is insulting. The tearful denials, pleading to talk reasonably, and stubbornly hanging on to the lie that she isn't receptive and an active participant to Atonal Adam's pursuit of her is way past it's expiration date. 

It's at all possible that Atonal has had someone following Sharon, and when he pulled Sharon in to kiss her (and stop her brain from ending their 'therapeutic'/personal relationship), his intent was to put her in a compromising situation, making her more isolated from Rey Rey, Faith and family. Atonal's frustration with how slow Chelsea's recovery is taking, leaves him open to generating all sorts of mischief to hang on to Sharon's pathetic attention. Nick finding out that the email photo Faith received was from an anonymous account is the sort of avenue Atonal would use.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Watching Chelsea reminds me of the Mona Lisa. So many art enthusiasts or non enthusiasts alike wonder what she was thinking about while posing for her portrait. But unlike the Mona Lisa, Chelsea is sitting there quite still except for eye movement and we know exactly what’s on her mind.  Chelsea is a much better actress when she doesn’t move and just speaks her lines. Chelsea you sly little devil getting Adam’s phone and getting to see the picture of Sharon and Adam. She’s recovered enough to get the phone enter the password and get the phone back to where it was left.

Yeah, Chels reminds me of the Mona Lisa, too, since I think the Mona Lisa is Leonardo in drag. Chels does have man-hands and shoulders 5x as wide as her hips. Admittedly I only watch about half an episode at most any more, but the most I've seen Chels do is move one finger. Now you're telling me she did all that? Adam and Sharin' were right. They are providing her with the perfect therapy to cure her imaginary paralysis. Sharin' is the smartest and bestest psycho-whatever in town. Won't Rey be sorry when he finally discovers that Sharin' cured Chels, after Chels recovers but keeps faking it so she can kidnap/attempt to murder Sharin' and Adam and then Rey (with the help of Paul of course!) runs in at the last minute to save them!

8 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Tara the shitty wife Locke 

Also loved Sally's breakdown of what Bill did to her...

Victoria, you are too egotistical to hate yourself so why do you care and pine for Buttbiscuit. Can't the writers do something better than Villy round one-thousand and nobody cares? Shit I miss Cane anytime Buttbiscuit is on-screen too....and that disturbs me.  

"Tara the shitty wife Locke"! Haven't even met her but this feels like the perfect name for her.

As much as I love DD and almost always root for $Bill just because, he was evil to Sally.

And, yup. Buttbiscuit makes me miss Cane and that makes me hate myself. I know I said it before, but who would have thought Lily's taste in men could get even worse?

• Love 12

Lily is actually a very stunning woman and in recent years become much more intelligent and warm. It’s a shame she only gets with guys not on her level in terms of looks and character. 

Does it bother anyone else they keep saying “they call him the Loch Ness Monster because of how vindictive he is” Nessy from all accounts seems pretty harmless and an introvert. I don’t like them besmirching his name, when he’s not even here to defend himself

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ho4b8ix7sm5td8145f

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Lily is actually a very stunning woman and in recent years become much more intelligent and warm. It’s a shame she only gets with guys not on her level in terms of looks and character. 

Does it bother anyone else they keep saying “they call him the Loch Ness Monster because of how vindictive he is” Nessy from all accounts seems pretty harmless and an introvert. I don’t like them besmirching his name, when he’s not even here to defend himself

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ho4b8ix7sm5td8145f

I agree!  Poor Nessie is getting a bad rap.  All I think Nessie has ever done is inadvertently overturned a boat or two.  

Maybe Nessie sunk Jaboat!!?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

Am I the only one who is like dang Devon and Mariah would make a fricking CUTE  / beautiful baby???  I know they aren’t using Mariah’s egg, but if I was her I might be wanting to keep Devon as a potential sperm donor for myself!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Am I the only one who is like dang Devon and Mariah would make a fricking CUTE  / beautiful baby???  I know they aren’t using Mariah’s egg, but if I was her I might be wanting to keep Devon as a potential sperm donor for myself!

They would and it would make a lot more sense since Tessa and Mariah want to have kids some day.  I can see all three raising the kid together. Abby should stick with an anonymous donor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

They would and it would make a lot more sense since Tessa and Mariah want to have kids some day.  I can see all three raising the kid together. Abby should stick with an anonymous donor.

Especially considering he KNOWS Abby and just how nuts she can and that's on a good day.  I like Abby but what the hell Devon is thinking is beyond my comprehension.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Anybody else think it was uncomfortable when Devon was telling Lily about becoming a daddy donor, when it was actually HIS SISTER LILY who killed his wife and fetus and put him in that damn spot to begin with!

And she was calmly discussing Hillary 1.0/baby death like someone else was responsible?

Ironic isn't it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol, that's right. I should have said does Chance know there is going to be a four year old child living in his house when he gets back?

He sort of told her to do that or something along those lines in the letter he wrote.

Maybe he just meant she should redecorate the bathroom go ahead with those new placemats or retile the mud room but the way Abby interpreted it, she's getting herself a baby from Amazon PRIME, baby!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, boes said:

He sort of told her to do that or something along those lines in the letter he wrote.

Maybe he just meant she should redecorate the bathroom go ahead with those new placemats or retile the mud room but the way Abby interpreted it, she's getting herself a baby from Amazon PRME, baby!

I hope she's having it delivered by UPS or similar. If they send it through the USPS it's liable to be....."less than fresh".

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Sure, just what Faith needs, a spa day at her dad's eff buddy's hotel. It's the dream of every teen girl, particularly the troubled ones. 🙄

Thank you, Show. It was as if you read my mind. Abby's dialgue was perfect IMO and I'm glad there was some thought put into it. I want to think that Bill Bell and Agnes Nixon are somewhere together smiling.

Rey shouldn't be talking to Adam, Sharon? You're lucky Rey hasn't kicked Adam's behind into the next county.

Amanda graduated from Yale Law. Did we know that before today? Huh, she's kind of slumming, working for ChancComm. 😑

Naya said of Amanda that she's never been prouder of anyone in her life. She better not let Imani hear her say that. Imani the jealous and insecure younger sis would probably send a hit squad after Amanda.

Okay, I guess I'll begrudgingly accept Devon as Abby's sperm donor but I do think they're being too optimistic about the potential problems. I think a kid in the middle of those four families is going to wonder one day which way to turn. It'll be non-stop drama as their loyalties are pulled in multiple directions. The racial stuff will just be a thin layer of icing on the four-layer Abbott-Chancellor-Hamilton/Winters-Newman fruitcake.

Oh Amanda, Naya can't change the way your life turned out, for better or for worse. You see what kind of person she is. Stop wishing she'd been different because it appears she would never have acknowledged you and Hilary under any circumstances.😒

It be interesting if Faith has DID and she's been sending the texts to herself. It's probably bad influence Jordan though. But surely Jordan has an agenda we haven't been clued in on yet.

Summer was immature and misguided when she literally bullied a kid to near death? Nah, Phyllis, Summer was emulating you and being a C U Next Tuesday-in-training. But you can't sympathize with the victim when your daughter is the offender, huh? Ugh.

Wonder if another reason TPTB dumped Chance is because they didn't think he'd be believable in this storyline? Maybe it was easier just to have Abby declare that Chance would be fine with the scenario of their child having a Black bio-father.

Re the previews: on their first date Jack and Sally are already having a DTR conversation? Ehhhh. Proceed with caution, Jack. 🙁

• Love 9

Okay, I guess I'll begrudgingly accept Devon as Abby's sperm donor but I do think they're being too optimistic about the potential problems. I think a kid in the middle of those four families is going to wonder one day which way to turn.

Well, yeah. It will be raised by Newmans.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Considering Y&R isn't following typical protocols, I half expect to see them squirt some Abby eggs & Devon sperm into Mariah who then has twins, one her own spawn, the other Abby's.  And Amanda & Elena will end up pregnant too, so Devon will go from zero to four kids, all born at the same time, running back & forth between delivery rooms like Dudley Moore in an old two-spawn movie.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

I like Devon...like the actor.  But no matter how much they try and put him into interesting storylines, he is sadly dull.  It is nice, though, to have a soap character who is genuinely a nice person; still doesn't add any "spark" (sorry, I over-use that adjective) to any story he is in.  He is like watching paper dry, at least for me.  But he isn't as terrible as Phyliss "too much spark" Newman.

Sorry... "paint" dry.

Edited by Kemper
Needed to add the last paragraph.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

While I still think Devon's "offer" was a stupid idea, the scene today with him/Nina/Abby was really sweet.  I have to say, I'm kind of interested in how this is now going to play out with his Elena/Amanda situation, just to see how crazy of a shitshow it might turn out to be.  

Mariah seems like she's Sharon's mom in their scenes lately.  I mean that to be as praiseworthy for Mariah as it is pathetic for Sharon.  

As much as I truly cannot stand Phyllis, it actually makes me kind of sick just seeing Victor in any scene with her, after what he put her through.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, JNavarro said:

As much as I truly cannot stand Phyllis, it actually makes me kind of sick just seeing Victor in any scene with her, after what he put her through.   

Me too.  I loathe Phyllis with the heat of a thousand dumpster fires, but when it comes to her and Victor, what he put her through with the doppelganger storyline was utterly horrendous and unforgivable.

Edited by boes
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, JNavarro said:

While I still think Devon's "offer" was a stupid idea, the scene today with him/Nina/Abby was really sweet.  I have to say, I'm kind of interested in how this is now going to play out with his Elena/Amanda situation, just to see how crazy of a shitshow it might turn out to be.  

The only way I could see this asinine story line becoming remotely interesting would be for Devon to shoot the goo into a paper cup at the drs office/lab, then die as soon as he left the office and then have Abby, Elena and Amanda fight over the contents of said paper cup.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I wonder if Melissa Ordway does that silly, 14 year old girl giggling thing in her real life like she does on this show. Please stop that, Melissa. It’s supremely annoying and childish.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Another fine display of parenting Banana Breath. Faith is acting out with drinking and lying but how is a day at the spa going to fix anything. Did Summer learn anything when she killed Adam’s and Chelsea’s baby with rewarding her with a new car. Summer is still a vindictive spoiled entitled bitch.  

Naya reminds me of Diahann Carroll.  

Banana Breath is so high and mighty about Adam but look who’s his current love interest. Phyllis is far from being an angel. 

Why has Abby only mention raising a black child to Devon. The child will be bi-racial of a bi-racial father. The child might have to deal with that issue. This might be the least of the issues that Abby’s child may have to deal with these days. Look what Faith is dealing with.  

Hey Sharon, what Mariah is doing is a heck of a lot more generous than Devon.  Mariah will have nine months of body changes while Devon will have 5 minutes of pleasure. While both parents can love a child, I feel that a mother’s love is stronger. A father loves the child after the birth while a mother loves a child before its birth.  With the mother there is more of an emotional bond.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

The only way I could see this asinine story line becoming remotely interesting would be for Devon to shoot the goo into a paper cup at the drs office/lab, then die as soon as he left the office and then have Abby, Elena and Amanda fight over the contents of said paper cup.

Best post of the week, the year and maybe ever.

• LOL 8

I probably walked into a doorway or that proverbial piano fell on my head, but I thought yesterday's show wasn't bad. 

I was impressed that Show had the good sense to address some major issues surrounding Devon being Abby's donor daddy, especially since Y&R barely acknowledges there's any real world issues beyond being lactose intolerant in a dairy state.  I was pleasantly surprised by the conversation between Abby, Devon and Nina.  Ditto to the questions that Amanda was asking Devon later.

Sharon seemed more subdued, less deer-in-the-headlights and a little less delusional in her conversation with Nick and her goodbyes to Faith regarding Adam and everything surrounding that mess.  I still hope Rey runs-not-walks away because the truth is staring them both in the face and Adam and Sharon are not going to stop.  Take a break, maybe, to disarm their critics but those two are too enamored with the train wreck they each are to step away.

Even Amanda's meeting with Nya was pretty good.  Uncomfortable but good.  Nya gets points for showing up to what she must have known would be another uncomfortable meeting and Amanda gets points for taking a breath and backing away a bit.  As Joimiaroxeu said in her post, Amanda needs to realize that Nya is who she is and her limitations or boundaries aren't going to magically shift just because that's what Amanda needs and wants.

I think Phyllis and Nick had some scenes too with their usual blather but those I ff'd through.

So yup I MUST have hit my head but it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

SC got her hair did!  LOL  She went quite blonde and I liked the hair swept to the side and curled like that made it look thicker instead of her usual straight thin hair with a middle part.  

Liked Rey taking charge and insisting on counselling and Sharon is obviously reluctant because the truth will have to be admitted.  She is to blame for their problems, no one else!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Absolutely. I wonder what's changed bts because I noted about a month ago when they had a moment together how unusual it was. Seems to me like EB and MS as Victor and Phyllis have been keeping a wide berth from each other since even before the time when GT was playing Phyllis and the whole Marco thing.

I probably walked into a doorway or that proverbial piano fell on my head, but I thought yesterday's show wasn't bad.

Oh my, those head bumps can be dangerous when you're watching soaps. Dr. Joi prescribes this:

l3RkucJ.jpg

Usually only one dose is required but repeat as necessary. 😉

She went quite blonde and I liked the hair swept to the side and curled like that made it look thicker instead of her usual straight thin hair with a middle part.   

Yes, she's been going with the side part or sweep a lot more lately. I also think it looks better that way. IMO the center part really ages her since she's been wearing it like that for so long. Only LLB/Christine still manages to pull off that look for some reason. (I do think her hair is thicker than SC's, or she's wearing extensions.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Others have beat me to the applause-o-meter, sweepea59, but I have to ask if we have a psychic connection...

As I sit FFing my way through show [Shut up Sharon and who sold you those heejus dresses?], I am drawn to pause when I hear all the dainty current terminology involved in this conception free-for-all. "Donor"? Am I the only one who just thinks, "okay, spooge, ladies" "rub one out for eternity" and various other charming locutions?

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Others have beat me to the applause-o-meter, sweepea59, but I have to ask if we have a psychic connection...

As I sit FFing my way through show [Shut up Sharon and who sold you those heejus dresses?], I am drawn to pause when I hear all the dainty current terminology involved in this conception free-for-all. "Donor"? Am I the only one who just thinks, "okay, spooge, ladies" "rub one out for eternity" and various other charming locutions?

I've been thinking the same thing too.  And imagining Katherine coming to life from her portrait and saying exactly that.

Also......as much as I'm enjoying Nina being around, doing all this with your MOTHER IN LAW?

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

Why did Rey act like he didn't know Faith was going to stay with Nick for a while? Just a couple of days ago Nick told him while they were also sitting at the Society bar. Rey accused Nick of being another of Sharon's interfering exes. Hello? Continuity person? 🤔

Apparently Phyllis is really, really, really into velvet dresses now. Today's was the third one she's worn in a week.

OMG, Jack was looking so suave and debonair when he showed up to meet Sally for their date. Nobody wears a suit and topcoat better than he does. He better watch his step though getting in between Red 1.0 and Red 2.0. That would not be a delicious sandwich for him.

Guess Adam isn't familiar with the saying about taking a leak on someone's leg and then trying to tell them it's raining. But I don't blame him for being annoyed how Chloe thinks she can just drop in at any time, unannounced. Rude. 😑

So now you think it's Rey's task to shut Adam down once and for all, Nick? Something that no one in the entire Newman family has managed to accomplish? Sure.

I'm curious to know what kind of car Sally bought. Sounds like it was fancy enough to impress Jack and I don't see how she could afford the level of car he must drive.

Phyllis giving Nick advice on how to raise Faith. And him actually taking her advice. KMN.  Interesting how she keeps diverting his attention from Adam. I thought Phyllis and Adam were on the outs?

It's Christmas in February! Red was turning a complementary shade of green during her rant about Sally. 🎄🎅

A meal at a bed and breakfast outside of town. I see you, Jackie. That's gonna turn into a sleepover, right? Sally dissembled nicely though when he balked at calling it a date.

The real reason Sharon hasn't been able to let go of Adam? Rey, you might not want to know the answer to that. 🍆🥒🍌🤪

Wait, what? Sally mentioned the GCAC! I figured that place must've been condemned or something. 🤗 But why was she making eyes at Nick? Oh girl, you definitely don't want to get into that mess. He and Phyllis are each other's dumpster.

Better watch out, Sally. Phyllis will probably have your new room bugged.

You're going down, Adam. Chloe and Kevin are about to enter the game on Chelsea's behalf and those two psychos have no limits. This could get interesting.

• Love 14