Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Secrets and Lies

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I'm actually hoping that Mindy simply ghosted Lindsay.  Just.....vanished.  Not responded to any texts, turned off Read Receipts, not returned calls.  Unfriended, unfollowed.  Lindsay doesn't even deserve Mindy's words.

Trust me, ghosting is worse than any words Mindy might have for Lindsay, because for a loser like Lindsay, watching Mindy get riled up probably fuels her.  Like, ha ha, I got your guy to like me, and now you're upset....it's a two-fer!

Horrible people like Lindsay don't deserve our words.  They deserve our absence.

I had a horrible friend like this, S.  I finally ghosted her, did all the above.  I even removed her from LinkedIn.  We had many mutual friends, so she glommed onto another friend, and guess what....she did the same thing to this friend.  This friend is now ghosting her.  S. will just find another one, just like Lindsay will.

And Lindsay knows what she did - it’s on TV. I’d kill to have been a fly on the wall when Shannie said “you can’t fuckin’ trust that bitch.” I’m not sure if that group that went to lunch was all friends with Lindsay before but I bet they aren’t now.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

There must have been slim pickings during the interviews.  This bunch was the worst.  Whoever picked them should be fired.

Minus the first couple seasons, I'm pretty sure the "experts" have had no desire to properly match couples. Success to them is drama and selling ads, which comes from mismatched couples. Sure, they don't mind getting a winner once in a while to make the show seem legit but I bet they are content to have non-stop arguing and awkward moments that make viewers cringe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Meka needs to punch out a piñata to cope with her liar liar pants on fire huzzy.

Derek needs to punch out a piñata to deal with his wet blanket shrew wife.

Field producer needs to punch out Brandon for throwing his phone across the room at the wedding shoot.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Meka missed her calling.  I really think she should have gone into law enforcement, and she'd be brought in when any suspect needed to be questioned.  I guarantee they'd tell the truth just to end the torture and get her to shut the fuck up. 

I turned my volume all the way down to see if her voice would get lower and she is JUST ANNOYINGLY LOUD! I feel bad for the producers when they interview her. 

1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Tall, busty awkward looking blonde at the wedding.

Looked like Big Bird as she approached.

Tall, goofy, sweaty, hair uncombed in ill-fitting purple sundress blonde at wedding.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I hope that we just didn't see Mindy ripping her "friend" a new one but she did so off camera.  Right now I'm actually impressed with Mindy considering what a wimpasaurus she's been up until now.  I thought it was EPIC how she pretty much forced Zach to run away wimpering with his tail between his legs!  He is another scary one like Michael.  He has shown zero emotion with Mindy whatsoever.  She kicks his ass out and he can barely react.  Just WOW, how creepy!  He's the type that will not show any emotion while he puts you through the wood chipper....Shudder.

I actually think they specifically choose these wack-jobs and losers.  They could probably chose an entire season full of Bobbys, Austins, Jessicas, etc. but they are looking for fireworks, not boring love stories.  Is it any wonder that we only get one or at most two normal couples per season if that?

Agreed.  She is expecting too much too soon.  She doesn't see how she is responsible for the walls she has erected that prevent him from being more open and himself around her.  She said, "Who ARE you?" like he has not been honest and open about himself with her.  But truthfully, he has given her the impression that he was never in love but then shows her the poems of a lovesick teenager.  And then he denies it was about anybody in particular!  I used to write poetry as a teenager and I seriously doubt his poems were about "nobody in particular".  They certainly didn't seem that way to me.  So I think there are issues on both sides with the two of them.

Perhaps Derek is now mature enough to wonder if maybe his  puppy-dog lovesick poem was not a result of being in love, but rather of having a crush on some girl in his Algebra class or whichever class was his favorite to day-dream in.

Is Katie miffed that young Derek never wrote a poem for her, never mind that he doesn't possess a Wayback Machine? 

Is she mad that he's not composing one now, after she scorned his hope to write a Christmas song?

Or is Katie most upset that she married this dreamer with a poet's soul, and not her ex-"manhandler" with a rat-bastard's ego?

• Love 15

Katie is shameless and just plain nasty.  Who makes fun of someone when they open up and show you their childhood memorabilia?  She is just a brat.  She seems like a spoiled child and Derek does not deserve such a rotten mate.  He seems like a decent guy with a kind, fun loving heart.  I am sure he will bounce back from this and find someone who deserves him and supports his dreams - no one should have a mate who squashes their dreams.

Mindy - you are probably the classiest, most dignified person I have ever seen on 'reality' TV.  I know a lot of people saw her as mealy, but I think she was truly trying to make this work, while remaining a complete class act.   That she never got nasty, yelled, or called either Zach or Lindsey the names she should have...   She is truly a lady.   Just like with Derek, I am sure she will find someone who is deserving of her dignity and grace.

Austin and Jess are just too cute - thank goodness for them.  They are the highlight of this season.  I really have high hopes for them.

The rest of these characters are all different flavors of screwed up.  Taylor and Brandon are just volatile.  Meka is a bitter pill (understandable to a large extent, but still...) and Michael...   well I would have to look outside to confirm if he said it was raining.   

Overall, this season has been a real bust.  I am beginning to wonder if the "rigorous selection process' involves names pulled from a hat.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Stella Rose said:

Katie is shameless and just plain nasty.  Who makes fun of someone when they open up and show you their childhood memorabilia?  She is just a brat.  She seems like a spoiled child and Derek does not deserve such a rotten mate.  He seems like a decent guy with a kind, fun loving heart.  I am sure he will bounce back from this and find someone who deserves him and supports his dreams - no one should have a mate who squashes their dreams.

Mindy - you are probably the classiest, most dignified person I have ever seen on 'reality' TV.  I know a lot of people saw her as mealy, but I think she was truly trying to make this work, while remaining a complete class act.   That she never got nasty, yelled, or called either Zach or Lindsey the names she should have...   She is truly a lady.   Just like with Derek, I am sure she will find someone who is deserving of her dignity and grace.

Austin and Jess are just too cute - thank goodness for them.  They are the highlight of this season.  I really have high hopes for them.

The rest of these characters are all different flavors of screwed up.  Taylor and Brandon are just volatile.  Meka is a bitter pill (understandable to a large extent, but still...) and Michael...   well I would have to look outside to confirm if he said it was raining.   

Overall, this season has been a real bust.  I am beginning to wonder if the "rigorous selection process' involves names pulled from a hat.

It is true that, no matter how frustrated we here in Viewerland would get with her reactions to Zach, Mindy was a Class Act all the way. "Dignity and grace," indeed.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

It is true that, no matter how frustrated we here in Viewerland would get with her reactions to Zach, Mindy was a Class Act all the way. "Dignity and grace," indeed.

Mindy showed such class throughout this whole thing.

I hope the men of D.C. realize how lucky they are to have this single girl amongst them.

I felt so bad when she said that her family was right about this process.  They haven't been there to support her in any of this, and that's the most shameful part of this whole thing.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Does anyone else want to shake Mindy because she doesn’t seem mad at her “friend “ Lindsay at all ? While she’s going on about Zach who , let’s face it , was never gonna be into her or say yes on decision day .. I kept thinking about how much I wanted Mindy to tell her friend off , yet she didn’t say a bad word about her . The fact that she was talking to him at all behind my back would have made me end the friendship . 

Kept saying the same thing. Zach was never going to be part of her life so whatever he did was inconsequential. Lindsay was supposed to be one of her best friends. Her betrayal of Mindy (by either having the secret "relationship" behind her back or possibly sleeping with him) is permanent. At this point, Mindy dumping Lindsay is far more important than dumping Zach, since that was already assumed.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Perhaps Derek is now mature enough to wonder if maybe his  puppy-dog lovesick poem was not a result of being in love, but rather of having a crush on some girl in his Algebra class or whichever class was his favorite to day-dream in.

Is Katie miffed that young Derek never wrote a poem for her, never mind that he doesn't possess a Wayback Machine? 

Is she mad that he's not composing one now, after she scorned his hope to write a Christmas song?

Or is Katie most upset that she married this dreamer with a poet's soul, and not her ex-"manhandler" with a rat-bastard's ego?

I think Katie is miffed that he's not going "lovesick" and crushing on her whatsoever.  I don't think she would care so much about him being "in love" with her if he at least showed some signs of infatuation.  But she's not feeling that from him so she's pissed, especially when she finds out he actually has had those kinds of feelings before and has waxed poetic about everything from skydiving over the tropics to some classmate back in 10th grade.  But.....and this is a big but.... Who could blame him?  She has done everything possible to push him away with her abrasive attitude and high expectations.  That'll scare any guy away.  Yikes.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

No it looks like Mindy has finally had it if anyone. Probably should have a while a go.

At the risk of sounding like a male chauvinist I would love to see Mindy at the re-union show with a dazzling new hair cut or a perm and have a make over and knock everyone over... 

Really? Way to ruin beautiful shiny hair!  I thought only women in their 80s still did that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ShowFan said:

The more I watch Michael the more I realize he isn’t lying. He just has alternative facts. In his reality he is saying the truth. His reality is alternative to ours. That’s why he can’t stop. The dude needs psychiatric help like anyone in that situation. 

IMO he's just a liar who lies about whatever will make him look smarter, more successful, richer.  He does need help, but he's not living in his own reality.  He's trying to make his reality seem better to impress.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

As a former poetry writer before life sucked the life out of me, I don't find it hard to believe Derek wrote that poem with no one in particular in mind. I do think Derek is wanting the 'idea' of love, but his expectations might be off. I like him though, & hope he finds the right person someday with whom he'll feel 'it', whatever 'it' is to him. It surely won't be Katie. The guy is freakin' trying his heart out though, almost literally. She didn't care to support him, made him feel stupid about his dreams, then he still opened up his life to her, only to be shit on again. I give him credit because I would not have trusted to go any further opening up to her, ever.

• Love 22
13 hours ago, gladitsover said:

The "issues" between Jessica and Austin are producer-driven. 

I feel the same way.  I think they've hit it off so well that the producers probably made Austin do like "The Bachelor" and not say "I love you" until it's decision day.  I also think she probably doesn't care about his travel at all unless he is gone more than he's home but he didn't say that.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The Anti-Mindy.....

Don’t let the screen door hit on your way out Zach..you big bag of dicks....

The one whose dress showed her tan lines in a very unflattering way.

Why is Taylor driving Brandon around?  She talked about this in the Jamie 30 minutes.  Did he lose his license in a DWI?  Doesn't he have a car?  If no why?  Financial mismanagement?  No current job?

Does he not drive or not have a car? A lot of people in the DC area don't have cars - street parking is hard to find in some (most) neighborhoods and parking spaces are expensive. Our public transportation system is pretty extensive so depending on where you live, it's not hard to get around without a car.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Mindy showed such class throughout this whole thing.

I hope the men of D.C. realize how lucky they are to have this single girl amongst them.

I felt so bad when she said that her family was right about this process.  They haven't been there to support her in any of this, and that's the most shameful part of this whole thing.

I love Mindy.  However, it is not at all shameful they weren't a part of this.  No parent should be shamed into being a part of a reality show, especially one in which their child is legally married to someone they've never met.  In fact, I think it's more shameful for parents to go along with this at all.   If my daughter was on it, I would not be a part of it.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

Meka is a bitter pill (understandable to a large extent, but still...) and Michael...   

I believe Meka is just alternating between being angry and being frustrated. I have to acknowledge how willing she is to stick with Michael after he has messed up and lied repeatedly. Her reaching for his hand (to hold) when they were discussing finances was her 'hearing' that he likes when she does that. When he was trying to explain (in the counselling office) that he'll say anything if he can make the story fit in the moment, he began to get upset and Meka immediately sat closer to him. She wants to be married so badly and given Michael was 'matched' to her, she just wants affirmation that his lying behaviour is NOT because he dislikes her. Michael is a fool because Meka appears to be the type of gal who will work hard and support the household if her husband has trouble finding work. She would be supportive of her husbands efforts so long has he is honest enough to share his insecurities with her.

• Love 22

Tall, busty awkward looking blonde at the wedding.

Looked like Big Bird as she approached.

Exactly!  The biggest shock of this all is that Zach would be talking to HER.  Mindy is a helluva lot more attractive looking.  Maybe Lindsay reminds Zach of his mother.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Kept saying the same thing. Zach was never going to be part of her life so whatever he did was inconsequential. Lindsay was supposed to be one of her best friends. Her betrayal of Mindy (by either having the secret "relationship" behind her back or possibly sleeping with him) is permanent. At this point, Mindy dumping Lindsay is far more important than dumping Zach, since that was already assumed.

Yep. I’d feel more betrayed by Lindsay. Zach may have been her husband but she only knew him a month and things were shaky with him literally right from the start. Lindsay is someone Mindy has known for years and trusted. I am someone who doesn’t use the term “friend” lightly; it carries a lot of meaning with me. I would feel enormously betrayed by Lindsay, and I think it would be a friendship-ender.

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Zach brings two positive attributes into any relationship...those two cute dogs. So he's got that going for him, which is nice. Unfortunately, that's all he has.

After viewing this episode, I suddenly realized that although Michael's lying is beyond frustrating because he continues to lie about stopping lying, Zach lies just as much. The difference is, Zach speaks quickly and in circles until he's assessed whether he can get away with the lie. Michael appears to close his eyes, then dives in with the lie, hoping it'll stick. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think Katie is miffed that he's not going "lovesick" and crushing on her whatsoever.  I don't think she would care so much about him being "in love" with her if he at least showed some signs of infatuation.  But she's not feeling that from him so she's pissed, especially when she finds out he actually has had those kinds of feelings before and has waxed poetic about everything from skydiving over the tropics to some classmate back in 10th grade.  But.....and this is a big but.... Who could blame him?  She has done everything possible to push him away with her abrasive attitude and high expectations.  That'll scare any guy away.  Yikes.

The funny thing is that during the honeymoon , I thought he actually was going to fall in love with her and I think he possibly would have if their relationship would have stayed fun yet able to still have serious conversations like they did on the honeymoon . They started out with a nice balance of that , but the second they got home it seemed like all she did was bitch at him for every little thing . Who gets mad at someone for having dreams ? That’s just bizarre . 
katie plays it off like she’s this cool , calm and Collected girl who is just oh so mature .. but she’s so far from that . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

"This is like, the first time I like, wore this dress.  And like, you didn't tell me like, you like the dress.  You never like, give me compliments. Is that like, something like you just don't like do?"

My God I couldn't last 5 minutes in a room with Taylor she is so fucking annoying.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

"This is like, the first time I like, wore his dress.  And like, you don't tell me like, you like the dress.  You never like, give me compliments. Is that like, something like you just don't like do?"

My God I couldn't last 5 minutes in a room with Taylor she is so fucking annoying.

Taylor’s voice is annoying , but I will give her that Brandon does not seem like a peach to be married to . He has bad anger problems and resting bitch face at all times . 

I think Taylor is into Derek ( from what previews show and her mannerisms on the pre -show .) wouldn’t be surprised if they date after this whole mess . 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Also, I liked Katie up until shitting on the Christmas song.  But wow.   I'm struggling to understand her anger.  I mean, unless Derek is incredibly different off camera and she thinks he's a phony, I just don't understand her reactions to him at all.

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

I did not expect Mindy to yell or scream or go all psycho on Zach but the idea that she was "truly trying to make [it] work" with a guy who treated her like shit from day one is not something I associate with classy and dignified. What person would accept such treatment except someone with zero self worth? I just don't understand. She has shown the television universe (full of men who will likely seek her out after this show or before) how much she will put up with to have a man. Yes, it's classy and dignified to not lose your shit and turn into a raving maniac. I get that. It shows her character in general is one of class and grace, yes. But to allow yourself to be treated like this and going all Carol Brady and essentially begging him to like her and make it work is just awful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Taylor is beyond annoying! Between her stupid giggling, using the word 'like' every other word, and her ego asking not only why didn't he compliment her, but when they played that game and he had to say 4 nice things about her, she insisted that he tell her more than 4. When she got the card to say nice things about Brandon, hers were very passive aggressive - "You CAN be a nice person because I have seen it," instead of giving him an example, without the crap. And she had a hard time trying to think of any, while he just rattled off many (even though I know he doesn't believe any of it). I dislike her almost as much as Katie now! At least Katie is portraying who she really is, while I think Taylor is a total phony (and a very bad actress).

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Taylor is beyond annoying! Between her stupid giggling, using the word 'like' every other word, and her ego asking not only why didn't he compliment her, but when they played that game and he had to say 4 nice things about her, she insisted that he tell her more than 4. When she got the card to say nice things about Brandon, hers were very passive aggressive - "You CAN be a nice person because I have seen it," instead of giving him an example, without the crap. And she had a hard time trying to think of any, while he just rattled off many (even though I know he doesn't believe any of it). I dislike her almost as much as Katie now! At least Katie is portraying who she really is, while I think Taylor is a total phony (and a very bad actress).

Agreed.  I actually thought she would have a lot of substance with the education she has.  It makes me wonder if she is who she says is.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Taylor’s voice is annoying , but I will give her that Brandon does not seem like a peach to be married to . He has bad anger problems and resting bitch face at all times . 

I think Taylor is into Derek ( from what previews show and her mannerisms on the pre -show .) wouldn’t be surprised if they date after this whole mess . 

please, no!!! I love Derek and just find her to be so fake and just wants screen time.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I did not expect Mindy to yell or scream or go all psycho on Zach but the idea that she was "truly trying to make [it] work" with a guy who treated her like shit from day one is not something I associate with classy and dignified. What person would accept such treatment except someone with zero self worth? I just don't understand. She has shown the television universe (full of men who will likely seek her out after this show or before) how much she will put up with to have a man. Yes, it's classy and dignified to not lose your shit and turn into a raving maniac. I get that. It shows her character in general is one of class and grace, yes. But to allow yourself to be treated like this and going all Carol Brady and essentially begging him to like her and make it work is just awful.

I think if she met him and started dating him, she would not at all put up with him but she married him, so decided to just deal with it because she made the commitment. I think she stuck it out too long, but maybe she had to reach a point that made it easier to live with.

• Love 11

Yep...sounds like Michael's family has been enabling his pathetic behavior since he was a kid. The sister may have the same problems, which is why she was covering for him. 

I don't know if his family 'enabled' Michael, but his sister's observation made total sense. I have watched students who initially appear 'odd, but uniquely interesting', get tormented and shunned daily by their peers. Kid's just don't understand why the child is not interested in 'regular' things. If an adult steps in, the child will be harassed even more, but in a sneakier way. So the child learns not to tell an adult, and also learns to adopt the behaviours and stories of any accepted students.  Michael is so insecure about his own journey through life, he just adopts the persona of what he believes a successful male would say and do (without knowing how to back up his charade with tangible facts.) I believe he truly wants to be married because he is a very lonely soul.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

The one whose dress showed her tan lines in a very unflattering way.

Does he not drive or not have a car? A lot of people in the DC area don't have cars - street parking is hard to find in some (most) neighborhoods and parking spaces are expensive. Our public transportation system is pretty extensive so depending on where you live, it's not hard to get around without a car.

And depending where he lives he can walk to loads of places or take an Uber. He may also have a company car that he could not use on the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

But truthfully, he has given her the impression that he was never in love but then shows her the poems of a lovesick teenager. 

I don't know about that. Some people just love to write poetry/ songs, etc. I remember writing a heartfelt (quite good too, according to my brother) poem about unrequited love. I was ten years old. I think I was motivated to write my poems because I was always playing music, and different songs made me write about different emotions. When he answered he wrote what he thought love would be or feel like, I understood. Something has happened (text from ex beau?) that had Katie go from a starry-eyed gal acting love-sick, to a gal so desperate to get out of a marriage she is looking for any excuse, even one as pathetic as "he has never been in love". I think she is purposely sabotaging what could have been a decent match.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

"Hello, Lindsay? It's me, Zach. I'm FREEEEE!"

Did anyone else notice Zach becoming less attractive with each week? He look great on the wedding day, but then his face was getting puffier, and ruddier, and he was not dressing well. Maybe he's closet drinker, or ...? When he was bold-face lying to the counsellor after Mindy told her she wanted a divorce, I found he looked nothing like he did the first day. Maybe stress aged him overnight? It's hard to look good while hiding so many side chick secrets (and a possible drinking problem) from prying television eyes, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Yep...sounds like Michael's family has been enabling his pathetic behavior since he was a kid. The sister may have the same problems, which is why she was covering for him. 

I think they may be glad he is someone else's problem.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

We know someone who’s son has a similar job to Brandon.  He has a company car with the company info “wrapped” around the car.  Maybe it’s similar.  Or maybe the company doesn’t allow riders or something. Maybe he doesn’t drive.  Maybe he’s dyslexic and had trouble with the written test. Maybe he’s in a car all day and doesn’t want to do it on his day off. Maybe...maybe...maybe...DUI is a serious irresponsible and sometimes fatal choice that a person chooses to undertake.  I don’t think we should surmise that any more than any of the other things I said above.  There is plenty to snark about without going there...

absolutely.  Big hair.  Forced smiles.  Nervous giggles. No ability to see past that wig. Just so much.   And that’s just in one 45 second clip of these two...

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Perhaps someone should tell Jessica that you “can’t hurry love”, it must come naturally.  While Austin appears to really like Jessica, it’s clear that something is holding him back.

I bet you it is the fear of not being loved back, and then being asked for a divorce after the entire country saw you mooning over your spouse, and expressing your love. He's probably watched the former seasons, when one wants to stay and other one say, nah. Even if I did fall in love on the show, I wouldn't share that until I was sure the marriage was locked in.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

In the past, women posters have said if Katie doesn't want Derek, they'd take him.

Well how about:
-sneaks into the circus on dates to pet the elephants
-writes awesome poems, about life and finding solace in love

Any more takers?

I really want this to be Derek NOT wanting Katie. He is way too good for her so I hope it is HIS decision.

She has this great guy and shouldn't be thinking "oh, he's not good enough for me so whoever wants him, he's yours".

I want him to be thinking "I have dreams and ambitions and she is not in them"

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I was waiting to see Dr Viviana fist bump Mindi when she said she wanted to end the marriage.  Usually the experts try to convince the couples to try to work things out until the very end.  Good for Dr. Viviana.  

Viv was barely able to contain her glee. I am sure the experts are told to push as hard as they can to get the couples to stay together, but now that Mindy is flat out donezo Viv can breathe a sigh of relief and cheer her on in making the right decision. I cannot believe Mindy let it go as long as it did, but Zach's immediate blaming of Mindy for ending things showed exactly why she did - she wanted to prove that she was willing to put in the work and he wasn't. Now he can say she gave up, not him, which is suuuuuuch bullshit.

16 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Zack was making an effort? Yes, finally the Dr. Viv is being real. Zack is really a tool. 

And don’t overthink it Dr. Viv, we’ve been confused about everything Zack has said and done since the beginning. 

When he flat out said he never lied to Mindy, I wish Viv would have brought up the lie he actually admitted to (hearing about the ex text from Lindsay and not some random made up mutual acquaintance of the ex) rather than the fact that he hid his correspondence with Lindsay from her. Technically that isn't a lie. Saying he NEVER lied to her and 100% respected her was the biggest lie of all. Viv looked shook when he said that.

16 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I've lost all patience with this show and the people on it. Talk about beating a dead horse. Just skip to D Day.

This season really feels so weird. None of it makes much sense to me at all. They have packed it full of drama but never seem to be giving us the full picture of what is going on between these people. I am more annoyed than invested at this point.

15 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Mindy, Zach was never *with* you in the first place.  What, exactly, are you celebrating?

I laughed when she told him she had given him her heart. When? How? She never had a chance to do that.

14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Some people just don't drive. I don't personally wonder. People feel less and inclined to drive these days with Uber and stuff like that. I see it at work all the time.

I will be 46 tomorrow and have never had a driver's license because of anxiety issues. Back in college when people heard I don't drive their immediate assumption was DUI (which cracked me up because I didn't drink either). So, I don't think it is weird that Brandon doesn't drive. What I think is weird is that Taylor drives his ass all over the place every day. That is bonkers to me. After how he has treated her? After he told her he doesn't even want to be friends with her? My husband drives me everywhere because he loves me and is a kind a understanding partner (and he doesn't want me to take the bus, which I would gladly do). They don't seem to have that kind of relationship, so it's strange to me that she would put that much of an effort in for him. I guess just really, really wants to be on tv that much.

14 hours ago, VagabondDays said:

Derek is definitely immature, but Katie is a legit TODDLER.  What is with her pouting about Derek’s other dates?  She was jealous.  Ok.  But after puberty, you don’t act like that.  She’s awful and he deserves — at the very least — a non-turtle-faced ADULT for a wife.

It strikes me every time she throws a hissy fit that she somehow thinks she is the mature one in this marriage. Does she ever listen to herself? Hating on his silly dreams is one thing but this whole jealousy that he had feelings for anyone before her is downright middle school style brattiness.

10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Meka and Michael - one step forward, two steps back. He so obviously lied about his salary, I don't blame Meka at all for being upset. On the one hand, I can sympathize with him because I grew up in a tough family situation and I learned to be a really good liar to avoid being punished constantly by my parents, and yes, some of that has carried over into my adult life. That sense of self-protection can be overwhelming, as is the need to avoid confrontation. That said, he still has to suck it up and be honest. The two of them should probably be in counseling.

I was really stunned that Michael actually admitted he was embarrassed about the job situation and that was why he fabricated the whole salary thing. His entire explanation for his behavior made sense to me and was very sad. However, if he is this self aware, if he knows that he does this type of thing regularly and went through that whole premeditated effort to trick Meka with that fake offer letter, then he truly should have gotten himself into some intensive therapy instead of inflicting himself on an unsuspecting stranger on a reality show. I know Meka is abrasive and unrelenting, but I feel very bad for her. I think she did come into this with the best of intentions, and if her biggest request was for an honest partner they really screwed her over.

3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Agreed.  She is expecting too much too soon.  She doesn't see how she is responsible for the walls she has erected that prevent him from being more open and himself around her.  She said, "Who ARE you?" like he has not been honest and open about himself with her.  But truthfully, he has given her the impression that he was never in love but then shows her the poems of a lovesick teenager.  And then he denies it was about anybody in particular!  I used to write poetry as a teenager and I seriously doubt his poems were about "nobody in particular".  They certainly didn't seem that way to me.  So I think there are issues on both sides with the two of them.

EDIT: I wrote pretty much what @Chalby said at the same time, but they said it better. 😁

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

This is why I was kind of surprised at her tacky "divorce party." It was way trashier than I would have expected from her after her behavior thus far this season. I would have thought maybe she would have a night on the town, dancing with her friends and doing shots, but a themed party with decorations and pinata punching seemed kind of out of character to me for her.

Edited by sometimesjennifer
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Did anyone else notice Zach ...Maybe he's closet drinker, or ...?..It's hard to look good while hiding ... a possible drinking problem.

He does like his wine from a box.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I really want this to be Derek NOT wanting Katie. He is way to good for her so I hope it is HIS decision.

I want that for Meka too. I have a strong feeling it will be Michael's decision to split though, as in, reject before being rejected. Or, he might not want to be the one lest he look any worse than he already does, but will portray himself as Meka's victim if she ends it.

Guess we'll see but this is headed nowhere. I am annoyed Meka didn't just end it as Mindy did. There's nothing she can do for Michael & his serious issues that he brought into the marriage with him.

The meeting with his sister was useless. Meka needs Mindy's friends right now.

• Love 13

The way Michael puts his hands to his head when being questioned really does make me think that he's got some serious issues.  I'm no psychiatrist so I don't know what they are, but it does seem like he needs some help, but definitely not a wife right now.

Also, I haven't heard anything more about Ocho Rios.

• Love 16

Cafe MAFS Menu

The Zach and Michael Special

Word Salad and Whine of choice

The Jessica and Austin Special

Mashed Potatoes, 2 Slices White Bread and Large Glass of cold Lowfat Milk

The Meka Special

Kellogg's Froot Loops Marshmallow (48% sugar) topped with Nerds

The Mindy Special

Bottomless Wine goblet

The Derek Special

Mermaid Ceviche and Unicorn Filet...Surf and Turf

The Katie Special

Who Are You? What the F*ck Am I Eating? Chef Surprise

The Taylor Special

Mess O' Spaghetti Bowl

The Brandon Drink

Absolute on the Rocks

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

I think deep down , Katie knows Derek is too good for her ( hence all her insecurity ), which is why she is always bitching at him . 
also , the guy she dated before the experiment didn’t tell her he loved her until he lost her , and apparently she was running after him for a long time .. so she probably has a fear that Derek will do the same thing . She’s prob used to guys not falling in love with her ( who could blame them .) . She is so scared to have fun at the sake of it being corny or not realistic .

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Michael AND his sister creep me out. While Meka is no prize, she should bail. Now.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Zach, Michael and Brandon:  all are definitely scraps from the very bottom of the barrel.

Michael seemed to be on the verge of some kind of break.  Good thing they weren’t left alone much.  Meka  could have had a good lawsuit.  Maybe still could for emotion distress or something.  He was scary weird.

And those so called experts didn’t pick this up?  They are useless.  That new therapist went way too easy on Zack.  It was a joke.

• Love 7

Michael is a sociopath. That's not okay. I also believe he may be gay which is okay.  Also, the producer are icky people. Miserable Meka should have packed and left the apartment when that one told her to go tell Michael how she felt.

Edited by karenbrady
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

Katie is shameless and just plain nasty.  Who makes fun of someone when they open up and show you their childhood memorabilia?  She is just a brat.  She seems like a spoiled child and Derek does not deserve such a rotten mate.  

Katie is mean and spiteful.  She goes straight for the jugular.  I liked her in the beginning, but she lost me when she was so rude and disrespectful to her mom.

• Love 14