Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Secrets and Lies

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I love that Boston Jaclyn commented about how pretty Mindy looks on that IG post!

Speaking of the girls, I was watching something on Netflix filmed in London, and somebody had the same hair as Taylor.  It must be a new style going around ( mop hair).

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes .. Queens, then L.I. , haha.  Going nuts out here like a prisoner with this virus thing.  Every day is the same.  Looking forward to my buddies coming back (N.Y. Housewives) this week or next. 😀

I'm in Maryland and we don't have NY levels of course, but it is scary watching it grow..  66 in a nursing home have it, with 11 from the same home hospitalized.  Be safe Silver and all my forum friends!

• Love 6

19 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Just saying Mindy actually said her surname in that scene

Which episode?  When Mindy was calling her?

Otherwise....Pretty sure from the hints given, she is findable...as there is one Lindsay figure skater with the deets given so far.  At least as I found her, she has a PhD and some papers.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Otherwise....Pretty sure from the hints given, she is findable...as there is one Lindsay figure skater with the deets given so far.  At least as I found her, she has a PhD and some papers.

Yep that her, she has taken most of her photos down but there are a few articles still with them. It was in the last episode when they were all sitting at the outdoor cafe, they edited it to flip the names so Mindy said her surname first and then her friend say Lindsay, something just seemed off so I put them together and where she was from mentioned in the wedding ep and there she was.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Yep, found her. 

I am wondering if b/c Zach was so unattracted and was looking for any reason not to live with Mindy, he purposefully reached out to Lindsay, charmed her enough to give up some goods.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2020 at 9:35 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Does anyone else want to shake Mindy because she doesn’t seem mad at her “friend “ Lindsay at all ? While she’s going on about Zach who , let’s face it , was never gonna be into her or say yes on decision day .. I kept thinking about how much I wanted Mindy to tell her friend off , yet she didn’t say a bad word about her . The fact that she was talking to him at all behind my back would have made me end the friendship . 

Nope.  Not at all.  The best revenge is for Lindsey and Zach to hook up and see how she responds to him when he messes around on her.

Sometimes, the best revenge is success.  Mindy will be just fine.  Proud of the girl for standing her ground and allowing just one more violation.  I think she knew he couldn't do it and just waited for the situation to reveal itself.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:08 PM, Racj82 said:

No, I put part of this on the producers. I'm sure they have a tons of applicant that would make great spouses. But, those people also are too short, want a spouse outside of their race, obese and a bunch of other things that don't matter but do to producers. 

I have to wonder how all these experts missed all these red flags in all these interviews and surveys and all the rest of it they're supposed to be using in the selection process.

This process is about as solid as that for the US Bachelor/Bachelorette series - non-existent.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, b2H said:

I have to wonder how all these experts missed all these red flags in all these interviews and surveys and all the rest of it they're supposed to be using in the selection process.

I don't think the "experts" really "missed" the red flags. I think the red flags were considered opportunities.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

I don't think the "experts" really "missed" the red flags. I think the red flags were considered opportunities.

Edited by pdlinda
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Very true but the process isn't really long enough to suss out the con artist anyway. Imagine doing what amounts to one date and one trip to that person's house and thinking you have them figured out.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, gonecrackers said:

Meka's finally had it - everyone has their breaking point. Good. Leave him.

OMG that's the first time I've clapped when watching this show. YES Meka!!

On 3/25/2020 at 5:19 PM, gonecrackers said:

How would that explain all the other lies? Most of which we haven't been subjected to as she has.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:28 PM, Empress1 said:

I don’t know what Michael was trying to pull, but I’ve never seen an offer letter that estimated your take-home after taxes and deductions. It says your annual or your monthly or your hourly gross. I have estimated my take-home myself using payroll calculators, but that’s not the same thing AT ALL. Just tell the damn truth about how much you make! I was 100% Team Meka in that moment.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:17 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Soooo . . . not having your birth mother around causes you to lie about your salary and every other damn thing under the sun?  Okay. 

On 3/25/2020 at 6:17 PM, gonecrackers said:

Michael's deflecting again. He needs therapy, badly.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:18 PM, Brooklynista said:

Listen, this is getting silly. Michael can't call out "his momma gave him away" every time he gets caught in a lie. Cut the shit!

YASSSSSSSS Meka with the LYING BREAKING POINT!! Couldn't wait til that paystub tho?? That's the final piece. But oh well. He lied & she's finally had enough... SO WE THOUGHT. He's scared she'll reject him, so he hides the TRUTH, that will EVENTUALLY COME OUT, THEN WHAT?? I'm tired of him revealing ANOTHER "piece" whenever the "experts" are there. GFC!! Give her SOME TRUST with the TRUTH & let her SHOW you that she can be trusted & BUILD ON THAT. THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmm. Mayyyyyyyybe the honeymoon ultimatum is what broke it for him. She rejected that "truth." OH SNAP!! Did I just discover why he keeps feeling compelled to lie?? 😅😂

• Love 2
On 3/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, Koalagirl said:

I was waiting to see Dr Viviana fist bump Mindi when she said she wanted to end the marriage.  Usually the experts try to convince the couples to try to work things out until the very end.  Good for Dr. Viviana.  

Ya. SHOCKING. But also EFFED UP! The NERVE to be like, "We're glad this didn't ruin you, even though we screwed you with him as a match & tried to make it work when it was TOTAL TRASH. Good for you!! 😃" TOTALLY INSULTING!! Ya. NO THANKS TO YOU "EXPERTS"!!😂 She was gunna follow Mindy's lead & "support" either way. Glad it wasn't a 'try & changer her mind for the experiment' thing, but the SHAM re-commitment was where they should've asked Zach to leave because he was faking & her soundbite about it reinforces that. The flipside is they also should've suggested Mindy end it because Zach was faking. Instead, they waited & that was wrong.

• Love 2

The BEAUTYYYYYYYY of Mindy FINALLY ending her TRASH MARRIAGE because she couldn't TRUST her husband! He LIED one too many times & poor Meka's hanging in over there STILL being lied to. I CAN'T!! 😂😂 How it wasn't ended because he wasn't attracted & didn't try at the marriage is BEYOND me! 😂 She waited until the SHAM re-commitment to "require" better? Or what? She was gunna keep accepting his crumbs til Decision Day?? SO STUPID!! Didn't even bother to check the lie one last time for good measure, huh? That's BADASS! FINALLY quit playing around!😂 She shoulda toasted him to their DIVORCE!! Damn, ended the marriage & had the divorce party in the SAME DAMN EPISODE!! BAHAHAAAAAAA!! GOOD they showed it, even though it makes them look bad. #HEATHERisGOAT

• Love 2

Zach was ripping off his clothes & running around, doing backflips of JOY & GRATITUDE in his mind when she said it's over. 😂😂 He was half shocked & half elated his sabotage FINALLY worked. Couldn't get off the couch & get his 2 hats fast enough!

• Love 1

Michael keeps lying because he CAN OR he's trying to force her to end it for him!! Meka should've had the HARD LINE Mindy had & now Mindy's FINALLY FREE (which she should've been since the HONEYMOON). HOW can she freak out & still sleep beside that man?? It's telling him it's okay, yet he KNOWS it's DESTROYING the marriage!! BIZARRE!
& everyone praising Greg, let's not forget what really made him so amazing: THERAPY!!!!

• Love 3

OUUUUUUUUCH!!!! Jessica FINALLY said it & all Austin has to say is he needs more time. 😨😨 WTF?!! TIME TO DO WHAT?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?? NOT GOOD ENOUGH. He should've ACKNOWLEDGED her feelings!! GEEZ!! That's why it's so effin difficult to be vulnerable, knowing the other person could just leave you out on that limb with NOTHING. Not even ACCEPTANCE, much less APPRECIATION. He messed up.

Katie. BRUHHHH! YOU DON'T KNOW HIM!! APPRECIATE THE INSIGHT!! THAT'S WHO HE WAS!! WHO HE MIGHT STILL BE, GIVEN TIME!! Her reaction is so RIDICULOUS!! WTF IS WRONG WITH HER??!!

• Love 2

Taylor's wig is so heavy it slides back & reveals some not-so-good-looking hair underneath. I can't imagine her wearing it that way on purpose... Then again, she is wearing those ridiculous monstrosities. I kinda hoped thought it'd fall off during their basketball game. 😂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Michael keeps lying because he CAN OR he's trying to force her to end it for him!! Meka should've had the HARD LINE Mindy had & now Mindy's FINALLY FREE (which she should've been since the HONEYMOON). HOW can she freak out & still sleep beside that man?? It's telling him it's okay, yet he KNOWS it's DESTROYING the marriage!! BIZARRE!
& everyone praising Greg, let's not forget what really made him so amazing: THERAPY!!!!

Michael lies because he lies.  This is his nature and he will not change. He lies because he lies he doesn't even have to lie and he still lies.  Just isn't very good about it because he's not that intelligent.  Getting caught doesn't stop him because that is his nature he lies and consequence does not enter into modifying that behavior.

Who is Greg?

Edited by Kira53
spelling
  • Love 7

Hokay. So WHAT was Mindy dishonest about?? Zach extrapolated that because her ex tried to pick her up from the airport, she wasn't serious about being married?? If you look at the timing, it was after she asked if he had a girlfriend or was gay. So that was him accusing her, INDIRECTLY. What a WORTHLESS PUNK!! & I'm impressed with Mindy's investigative skills. She sussed out that he was talking to a "friend." & figured it was her who told him, but foolishly believed his denial. AND maybe the ex wouldn't have mattered if they left the airport TOGETHER AS A MARRIED COUPLE!! I CAN'T with his BS!! SERIOUSLY! HOW did they continue after her honeymoon diary cam?? Makes NO SENSE!!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Katie's arrested development is stuck in Jr. High 'cool' mean gurl mode.

What drives me nuts is her “like” every other word. Is she really supposed to be some kind of therapist?  I’d last 2 minutes in the same room with her, talk about unprofessional and uneducated.  She really shouldn’t push her chin into her neck to make several double chins which really ages her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

Who is Greg?

From last season...Greg and Deonna.  Greg was the even-keeled guy who had the great house with 2 ovens! Deonna was around 29 or so and her 'issue' is that she hadn't been in a relationship in 10 years and was dating herself. Basically she hadn't dated since freshman year of college or so and was concentrating on herself and her career. Many of us thought Greg was quite the catch.  He and Deonna seemed to have vanished from the MAFS gravy train.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

From last season...Greg and Deonna.  Greg was the even-keeled guy who had the great house with 2 ovens! Deonna was around 29 or so and her 'issue' is that she hadn't been in a relationship in 10 years and was dating herself. Basically she hadn't dated since freshman year of college or so and was concentrating on herself and her career. Many of us thought Greg was quite the catch.  He and Deonna seemed to have vanished from the MAFS gravy train.

I hope they are together and happy and living a normal life of extravagant, double oven meals! Staying away from the MAFS shitshow is proof of solid decision making in my book!

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 14
On 3/27/2020 at 6:41 PM, Neurochick said:

Why does everything have to be a diagnosis? 

Not everybody is the same? 

You are absolutely right.  I really hope that Meka will get something positive for going through all of this. Hell, I am even trying to find a 'reason' for why Michael has put her through this, when it doesn't matter. I just hope something good happens for her once the dust settles.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Exactly. Imagine the show if it were every couple = Austin/Jennifer?  

• Love 3

It took my days to watch this episode. I don’t have anything else to add to what has already been said except to emphasize how much I cannot stand Katie. Her over the top, jealous reaction to things that boy did in his YEARS ago past was unhinged IMO. 

And the thing is, Katie is always calling him a dork or a nerd or a boy - whatever she can say to demean him. So even if Derek came up with an idea to woo her he’d be taking a chance that she wouldn’t say it was childish or dorky. He can’t win with her. 

I also agree with whoever said Katie is probably into some submissive/BDSM type shit - or thinks she is - and Derek isn’t “man enough” for her.

OTOH, she could self-sabotage any healthy relationship she’s ever been in this same exact way.

And she’s ugly - so much of how you see people on the outside is based on what you see on the inside. That girl is hideous.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I also agree with whoever said Katie is probably into some submissive/BDSM type shit - or thinks she is - and Derek isn’t “man enough” for her.

I believe she "thinks she is" is the case with Katie. She may be like the soccer moms that claim to be edgy because they obsess over the very G-rated 50 Shades type of stuff.

I think she's a coddled little princess that feels she's entitled to anything and everything, expects to give nothing in return, and believes her sh!t don't stink.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

So Greg and Deanna stayed together?  Were they considered boring?

I hadn't seen this show since season 3.

They were a bit of a contested couple on here. I personally thought she was an absolute bitch to him and by staying with her, he essentially put his balls into her purse where they likely remain today.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2020 at 9:20 PM, Kira53 said:

Michael lies because he lies.  This is his nature and he will not change. He lies because he lies he doesn't even have to lie and he still lies.  Just isn't very good about it because he's not that intelligent. 

When he did his TH about the job offer, it was almost comical how much his eyes were shifting around, the entire time he was talking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, configdotsys said:

They were a bit of a contested couple on here. I personally thought she was an absolute bitch to him and by staying with her, he essentially put his balls into her purse where they likely remain today.

I think they were the Austin and Jessica of their season - I didn't see too many "real" problems but production had to amp up what they had to work with...

• Love 5

The main problem with Greg and Deonna was that she never should have been picked for the show. She hadn't dated anyone, except herself as she kept saying, for the last 10 years, and had walls a mile thick. She was very direct, like Meka, and seemed to be on the defensive the whole time. She even told sweet Greg (of the lovely house with the double wall ovens so many of us admired) not to compliment her. I think, much like Austin and Jessica, they did most of their talking off camera and they ended up staying together. I hope they are very happy. On those rare occasions when she did smile, she lit up the room.

At least since I have been watching, it seems that the successful couples (marriage-wise, not drama-wise) seemed boring and did their talking off screen so there wasn't much to say about them.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Kira53 said:

So Greg and Deanna stayed together?  Were they considered boring?

I hadn't seen this show since season 3.

I was a MEGA Greg and Deonna fan, so I Google them every once in a while and I am happy to report they are still together and seem very happy, based on their Instagram posts. They just celebrated their one year anniversary last week. 😍

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I was a MEGA Greg and Deonna fan, so I Google them every once in a while and I am happy to report they are still together and seem very happy, based on their Instagram posts. They just celebrated their one year anniversary last week. 😍

Hooray! That makes me so happy! How are the double ovens???

On 3/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, Silver Bells said:

Speaking of the girls, I was watching something on Netflix filmed in London, and somebody had the same hair as Taylor.  It must be a new style going around ( mop hair).

Maybe the store Taylor bought hers at has a UK location?

On 3/26/2020 at 11:26 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

She’s prob used to guys not falling in love with her ( who could blame them .) .

I agree completely. It's like her internal warning bells go off as soon as a male professes wanting anything long term with her. She sabotages any healthy relationship because she feels any guy who wants her has something wrong with him.