Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Stargirl

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

The new DC UNIVERSE drama series, STARGIRL follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore as she inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to take up the legacy of a long-lost superhero team – The Justice Society of America – and stop the villains of the past.

In the series premiere episode, Courtney's seemingly perfect life in Los Angeles gets upended with a move to Blue Valley, Nebraska with her mother Barbara, stepfather Pat Dugan and stepbrother Mike, and she finds herself struggling to adapt to her new town and high school. But when Courtney discovers that Pat is harboring a major secret about his past, she ultimately becomes the unlikely inspiration for a new generation of Super Heroes.

Attention CW viewers: New episodes of Stargirl will drop on Mondays on DC Universe, a day ahead of the CW broadcast. Episode threads will be open for those viewers on Monday under the usual rules, so beware of spoilers should you come in before watching. 

• Love 2

I liked it.  Clearly Johns does his best work with a huge budget and with material he originated. 

Figuring out how time works in this universe will be a bit of a head scratcher. Ten years ago seems like the mid 60s, and the present seems like a hybrid of the mid 80s and some time after 2000.  You certainly can't go by the technology, cars or other props. 

Having her outed to a villain so soon certainly is a different approach. Is he going to have convenient amnesia, or do we conclude he died that easily? 

The violence level is a bit more than I expected. Thematically it makes sense because it gives Luke Wilson's character an actual reason for being there, but it may have give some headaches to anyone thinking this is appropriate for kids, just because the star is a very fresh faced young girl. 

Anyway, the Pilot did its job. I'm invested. 

• Love 5

It was a lot of set-up, but I'm interested enough to watch more episodes. Most importantly, I like Brec Bassenger as Courtney. And the supporting actors who play her mother and stepfather. I'm not familiar with the source material so I'm not sure who else is going to become important in the rest of the season besides the guy who seems to be the main villain and probably his son the asshole jock.

• Love 3

Those first 10mins.....are better than JL, and any of the Arrowverse crossovers. THATs what I want to see! Every DC show...get.on.that.level!

The rest of it was...as others have said...a lot of set up but I still enjoyed it overall. Courtney is a very fresh character and the actress is definitely the best iteration we've gotten yet. Hard to believe that 3rd time was the charm.

The Cosmic Staff having a mind of its own worked really well, it managed to make me laugh at some parts. The special effects for it were very good.

Kind of confused how some of these villains and heroes didnt wear masks but managed to live in the same town without bumping into one another during the day. 

Very excited to see the rest of the series, it's definitely a breath of fresh air. Though I think this probably should've been a 2hr premiere.

• Love 3

The Cosmic Staff reminds me a bit of Dr. Strange's Cloak of Levitation, as the Cosmic Staff also seems to have a mind of its own.

Overall a pretty good first episode.

I did think that Joel McHale's Starman was a bit of a dick to Pat as Starman was dying.

Liked Pat's/Stripesy's robot suit. 

Is there a reason why Blue Valley seems to be the center of the universe when it comes to superheroes and villains ?  That map seemed to be leading to something.

• Love 3
(edited)

Production values were pretty top-notch, even above other DC Universe shows. The script was okay; not great material, but it was enough to keep me interested in seeing more, and was definitely elevated by the cinematic production.

I did feel this was a bit slow at times; a hallmark of those same DC Universe shows (Titans, anyone?). Hopefully they can pick up the pace a bit and not suffer some of the same shortcomings of those otherwise good shows.

I'll be curious to see why- if the JSA was all killed by the Injustice Society a decade ago- the supervillains aren't out there committing all kinds of terrible deeds, but instead seem to have decided to retire into obscurity?

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I liked it. To me it had more of an Agent Carter vibe than a regular Arrowverse show. (I know, different networks and universes but I don't watch any of the DC Universe shows.)

I had to laugh at the robot. It was a surprise for me, since I never read any of the comics.

• Love 2

I liked it, didn't love it but it was a strong enough start. You can tell they had at least 10 times the budget of any Arrowverse show so I don't think it's a massively fair comparison on SFX but they were pretty good. The script was serviceable but not amazing, though the acting was good. It definitely slowed down where it didn't necessarily need to and I hope they find a good balance between letting moments breath and having the show drag. 

I liked BB as Courtney she's a pretty charming character, difficult to compare to other Stargirls as she's the first to be a main character but enjoyable to watch. The gymnastics were fun, as was the fact that she was enjoying herself before getting knocked out of the air. 

As others mentioned the aesthetic look and timelines for this show seem to be all over the places, but it looks good. 

Joel McHale's Starman seemed really invested in using his dying breath to tell Pat over and over again that he couldn't be Starman himself. Why was Pat so sure Sylvester couldn't be Courtney's father who only visited once a year and vanished on Christmas Eve? The staff sure worked for her. I did like that it had it's own personality and agenda like a powerful puppy, that could be fun. I liked that her step brother was all "since there's nothing else to do here everyone plays even more video games!" and Pat's look. Deconstructs the "small town wholesome community activities" a bit. Not to mention the decidedly creepy American Dreams and their algorithms for a perfect life or whatever is really going on. 

I also rolled my eyes at no one ever noticing a giant glowing staff all around town except the ones it attacked. And really Pat, you were so worried about protecting your new family that you just left all your old JSA stuff lying right out in the open, albeit in boxes. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Not to mention the decidedly creepy American Dreams and their algorithms for a perfect life or whatever is really going on. 

Apparently their algorithms don't allow for high school gymnastics; this will be their downfall.

I have to think there will be some JSA flashbacks coming; you don't go to the trouble of bringing in fan service names like Henry Thomas and Lou Ferrigno Jr. only to kill them without lines.

Speaking of Henry, was that E.T. on the screen at the drive-in?

They visibly spent a ton of money; hopefully the response justifies a second season.

• Love 2

As a long time Stargirl fan (I remember Stars and STRIPE #0) I was very happy with the pilot episode. I know Geoff was going to have to plan different things to adapt the characters to TV. Very happy they kept Slyvaster and Pat's original intact, even though we don't know how he inherited the Starman legacy. Great nods to the comics such as Brainwave's glasses, the relationship with his son. Sportsmaster and Tigress being involved with their daughter as part of the school. There is also a great nod to Rick Tyler a.k.a Hourman II being very distant from everyone else. 

Mike and Pat's relationship is much more kinder than it was in the comics, but the first episode you know. I'm excited!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, readster said:

As a long time Stargirl fan (I remember Stars and STRIPE #0) I was very happy with the pilot episode. I know Geoff was going to have to plan different things to adapt the characters to TV.

Johns was never going to do anything less than make sure that Courtney was handled perfectly.  This show is gonna be his baby, considering the reason he created Stargirl in the first place.

• Love 4

Okay am I the only one who thinks Courtney dad will turn out to be a super villain just because they were pushing Starman to be the father and the fact that her picture of him is blurry,Also When Pat and her were talking about her dad with how writers change things about characters when they put them in shows was anyone half expecting Pat to say that Starman was gay and that's why he not Courtney's Father,Damn their was a lot of ads at least for me and it seem like every time I was getting really into the show and want it to keep going there would a damn ad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Another CW viewer here.  Definitely could tell that this was originally a streaming show, since the cuts to commercial break weren't like most shows, but I thought it still mainly worked.  Curious to see if anything was actually flat-out cut or censored for these airings.

All in all, a lot of set-up, but I thought it was a decent pilot.  Brec Bassinger seems to be the perfect fit as Courtney/Stargirl, and made her relatable, despite some of the normal teenage brattiness.  I do hope they continue to show the lighter side of someone being a hero, like her using the staff to practice her gymnastics and mess with some jock assholes, and don't completely dive into the drama and moralization.

I'm guessing a lot of these other characters like Courtney's lunch companions and that smug mean girl, who were all introduced here, but didn't have much to do.

Luke Wilson was great as Pat and has really nailed down the character's persona (including the dad jokes!)  I've always liked Amy Smart and was bummed that she never seem to take off, but I'm glad she's here as Barbara, even if I have to wrap the idea that she's now old enough to play a teenager's mother (she's almost 45 now?!  Time sure does fly!)

I think the only character that isn't working for me is Mike, the young stepbrother.  Just found him to be obnoxious, but hopefully he'll get better.

The Cosmic Staff and how it acted with Courtney definitely reminded me of Doctor Strange's Cloak of Levitation!

Pat has a giant robot?!

Curious to see where this goes.

• Love 3

This pilot episode left me wondering why does the staff needs Courtney at all when it can do tricks by itself and where was the big robot when The JSA needed help 10 years ago?

Starman tells Pat he is not good enough for the superhero role but he gets to tap his wife as the consolation prize! Of course the jocks and rich father are no good. At night there was no one on the street. Was the entire at the drive thru putting out the car fire? Brec was good this episode but the writing needs to tighten up and I don't trust CW.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Curious to see if anything was actually flat-out cut or censored for these airings.

The DC Universe version was 53 minutes. CW shows are usually just over 40 minutes. I don't know how long this episode was on there, but if it was their usual length they would have to cut around 10 minutes,

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

The DC Universe version was 53 minutes. CW shows are usually just over 40 minutes. I don't know how long this episode was on there, but if it was their usual length they would have to cut around 10 minutes,

From my friends who saw it last night in streaming. They said there was more cut out of the basement scene between Courtney and Pat and there were a few more nods to Cindy in the cafeteria. 

• Useful 1

CW viewer here, you can definitely see some differences between the CW shows and the streaming shows, mostly here in how the commercials were cut and the clear budget increase, but I am curious if anything will get edited for network TV. Will we get f bombs comically beeped out? If there was cut stuff, I guess I will need to dig up some cut scenes. 

I thought this was a good pilot, its actually funny that in the DC shows we haven't really done a bunch with the "normal teen gets superpowers and balances normal life with powers" stories with the teen as the lead yet, its a pretty classic superhero staple. I like the cast a lot so far, Brec Bassinger is a really good lead, she makes Courtney very likable and sympathetic, even when she is being kind of a bratty moody teen, and Luke Wilson was just made to tell dad jokes. Dad life looks great on him. Amy Smart didnt have a whole lot to do here, but she was solid from what we saw, as were some of the other characters we saw bits and pieces of, like Brainwave and the other bad guys. Fun seeing Joel McHale briefly as the original Starman, and while it was funny (and really did seem like a bit from Community) that he kept insisting that Pat couldn't be his successor, I dont really know why he couldn't be. He ran into a big ass superhero fight to try and help, thats pretty brave and hero like, is it because he isnt particularly athletic and is more of a tech guy? Did he just need to do gymnastics more? I assume Pat built the robot after the JSA died so he could help whoever became the next Starperson, or has this always been something he used as backup? 

I am really interested in the backstory with the JSA, what was going on that they had to save the world from, and how were they all defeated so badly? I guess the Injustice League just got the upper hand, but I would think that even just the golden age Flash could have handled them. So the Injustice League defeated the JSA, and are now just hanging around this town? Is this part of a long con type of plan? I assume this is a part of some Evil Plan, but I am not sure what. I do enjoy the Injustice Society, thats an organization that knows what it is and has a very clear mission statement, right there in the name, its right up there with the Evil League of Evil. "Hi, we`re evil, and here to do evil stuff. We know what we`re all about." That way you dont have to stick a bunch of tacky skulls on your costumes to let people know your the bad guys. 

The high school stuff was the worst part of the pilot, it was terribly cliche, with the mean girls and the assholes jocks in letter jackets and the attractive loser kids the new kid befriends. Also, what high school is this where this very attractive and likable girl is immediately sat at the loser table? She isnt THAT moody! The possible connections the villains have to the school shows some promise to make that setting more interesting though. 

The Cosmic Staff is adorable, like a magic staff puppy! I definitely thought of Doctor Stranges Cloak, our magic artifact that chooses a human to wield it and has a playful mind of its own. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I Liked it.

If the Cosmic Staff has a mind all its own, it might have  a memory, too.

I that Courtney interacted with the staff 10 years ago.

But she was too young to remember.

We shall see.

Edited by Mysteyman
(edited)

Funny how things work . . . CW was going to show Stargirl before the pandemic and subsequent quarantine. Now we keep our superhero fix going for a while longer, and a lot of us don't have to pay for streaming. Bonus: dopey-looking Bulldog that looks like he passes gas all the time. We're all winners!

Good way to start. Given that Geoff Johns is involved, and Courtney was based on his sister who was killed in the crash of TWA Flight 800, you know a lot of his heart was put into this. Bec seems to fit in nicely, and Luke Wilson does good as Pat. And even though the comic canon was soaked in its Forties origin (Sylvester and Pat heard someone wish that the American flag would come to life to fight Nazis, and they ran with it separately), it worked in a 21st-Century setting. Too bad we wound up with a lot of dead old-school heroes to make the story work.

Cosmic Staff . . . *sigh* I see it's based off Jack Knight's weapon in the critically-acclaimed Starman series. I'm good with the transition . . . but it's sentient? Like the illegitimate child of Doctor Strange's cloak and Thor's hammer*? That feels like a hurdle. Not as big as Courtney going to Basic School Tropes High, though. Those scenes were cringeworthy.

Oh, and one of the Injustice Society is living in Blue Valley. And he has a son whose car Courtney blew up. *deeper sigh* Of course.

*Of course I know it's called Mjolnir. What kind of geek would I be if I didn't know that?!? 🤓

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

but I am curious if anything will get edited for network TV. Will we get f bombs comically beeped out? If there was cut stuff, I guess I will need to dig up some cut scenes. 

There was nothing in this episode that could not be shown on network television in terms of language and nudity. And there was an article linked in the media thread where the showrunner mentioned that it's a show for all ages so it should stay that way for future episodes. Any cuts have only been done to fit the episode in an hour with commercials which normally means a runtime between 40 and 45 minutes while the streaming version of this episode was 53 minutes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

There was nothing in this episode that could not be shown on network television in terms of language and nudity.

I didn't record the broadcast, but the DCU version did have one use of the word "asshole". 

1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

I didn't record the broadcast, but the DCU version did have one use of the word "asshole". 

True and considering teen shows, even Riverdale will use the word "ass" adding hole to it, is a No No unless it's a TV drama like Chicago PD or Grey's. Even in the original Stars and STRIPE and JSA comic. You had Courtney or Pat swearing saying: Hell, ass, dammit, ect. There is even a point where Mike calls Pat a selfish ass after his mother died, Pat's first wife. 

Though no spoilers, I do wonder if they are going to keep Brainwave's wife a certain character that is connected to Slyvester and Pat. Guess we will find out when those specific two episodes air on their origins. 

8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Funny how things work . . . CW was going to show Stargirl before the pandemic and subsequent quarantine. Now we keep our superhero fix going for a while longer, and a lot of us don't have to pay for streaming. Bonus: dopey-looking Bulldog that looks like he passes gas all the time. We're all winners!

Good way to start. Given that Geoff Johns is involved, and Courtney was based on his sister who was killed in the crash of TWA Flight 800, you know a lot of his heart was put into this. Bec seems to fit in nicely, and Luke Wilson does good as Pat. And even though the comic canon was soaked in its Forties origin (Sylvester and Pat heard someone wish that the American flag would come to life to fight Nazis, and they ran with it separately), it worked in a 21st-Century setting. Too bad we wound up with a lot of dead old-school heroes to make the story work.

Cosmic Staff . . . *sigh* I see it's based off Jack Knight's weapon in the critically-acclaimed Starman series. I'm good with the transition . . . but it's sentient? Like the illegitimate child of Doctor Strange's cloak and Thor's hammer*? That feels like a hurdle. Not as big as Courtney going to Basic School Tropes High, though. Those scenes were cringeworthy.

Oh, and one of the Injustice Society is living in Blue Valley. And he has a son whose car Courtney blew up. *deeper sigh* Of course.

*Of course I know it's called Mjolnir. What kind of geek would I be if I didn't know that?!? 🤓

Apparently real Courtney will be in every episode as they did this as part of set design

@Brecbassinger

The best, most important Easter egg in this entire first season in my opinion #DCStargirl

EYa4jjSWoAENpGU?format=jpg&name=small

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Humbugged said:

Apparently real Courtney will be in every episode as they did this as part of set design

@Brecbassinger

The best, most important Easter egg in this entire first season in my opinion #DCStargirl

EYa4jjSWoAENpGU?format=jpg&name=small

I agree, I was part of Geoff's message forums back in the early 2000s and we would get together for lunch in Chicago at the local comic con almost every year. He would talk about his sister and also some character pieces he would put in in JSA and wrote her pieces between her and mike based on their growing up together. You could always see Geoff light up when he talked about Courtney.

• Love 1

This seemed to be aimed at a younger crowd than I was expecting, it seems to be more of a kid show than the other Arrowverse shows - which is okay.  Not sure how long I'm going to be sticking around, but I enjoyed the pilot.  

I'm not really familiar with the source material, but I vaguely remember Starman, and the Star Spangled Kid.  I loved seeing the Justice Society of America, too bad they killed them off because it was great seeing Hourman, Dr. Mid-Nite, and Wildcat.  I always thought Hourman's name was too much of a hint to his enemies of his limitations (he takes a pill that gives him powers for exactly one hour).

On 5/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, Featherhat said:

Why was Pat so sure Sylvester couldn't be Courtney's father who only visited once a year and vanished on Christmas Eve?

Like Pat said, it would be the coincidence of all coincidences.  Pat ending up being married to his old friend's widow even seems a little creepy IMO. 

15 hours ago, supernatural666 said:

Okay am I the only one who thinks Courtney dad will turn out to be a super villain just because they were pushing Starman to be the father and the fact that her picture of him is blurry,

That's an interesting idea, it hadn't occurred to me.  They were wanting us to assume Starman was her dad, but do we really know?  

2 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That's an interesting idea, it hadn't occurred to me.  They were wanting us to assume Starman was her dad, but do we really know?  

If Geoff sticks with his characters source material, everyone is going to be in for a very rude awakening. Then again, they have it where Slyvestor was Starman and still explain he was the Star Spangle Kid too and had his cosmic belt during his brief Skyman days. The question is, how did Slyvestor get the cosmic staff too?

(edited)
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

This seemed to be aimed at a younger crowd than I was expecting, it seems to be more of a kid show than the other Arrowverse shows - which is okay

I can't say I agree. Did you notice the amount of death and reasonably violent fighting in this? I'm not objecting, but it's a bit of a reach in my opinion to call an on screen impalement "kiddie". Unless that didn't make the TV version (I saw the streaming version). 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, rmontro said:

This seemed to be aimed at a younger crowd than I was expecting, it seems to be more of a kid show than the other Arrowverse shows - which is okay.  Not sure how long I'm going to be sticking around, but I enjoyed the pilot.  

Stargirl has been promoted as a family show.  They are pretty rare these days but I imagine there will be something for everyone by the time they get deeper into the stories.  

4 hours ago, Kromm said:

Did you notice the amount of death and reasonably violent fighting in this?

It's hard to have a superhero show without fighting.  But the death was a little surprising.  Still, that aside, I got more of a kid vibe from it, or family show if you prefer.  Doesn't mean it's a bad thing though.

6 hours ago, readster said:

If Geoff sticks with his characters source material, everyone is going to be in for a very rude awakening. Then again, they have it where Slyvestor was Starman and still explain he was the Star Spangle Kid too and had his cosmic belt during his brief Skyman days. The question is, how did Slyvestor get the cosmic staff too?

I'm not that familiar with the source material, so that's a little too much for me to unpack right now.  I'd love to hear about it, but they'd probably frown on spoiler-type material here.  

• Love 1

Late to the party, but I liked it.  I thought it was kind of "Buffy goes to the DC Universe", in a good way.  Maybe that's because you have a competent (but not unrealistically so) teen getting super powers, and a parent who doesn't understand but would like to help.

I'm not sure about the time--Bruce Springsteen released "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" in 1985, and although that was a cover (or an alternate-universe version), it was kind of weird to have it be in the Golden Age, which was mostly the 1940's and '50s.  There's an element of "it's the age it needs to be."  The more low-key version of "MMMBop" (thanks, Google, for the spelling there) was a nice touch as well.

And OK, I loved the giant robot suit.  And the cast was really well played; Owen Wilson played the dad trying to protect his family to perfection.

I didn't see well enough to know if it was John Wesley Shipps as Jay Garrick...did anyone notice?  They might have been keeping that vague.

I hope we see more of the Justice Society of America.  Maybe someone could rediscover HourMan's formula?  (Possibly with a reference to what people try to get drugs to do--stay away from drugs, people.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, marketdoctor said:

I didn't see well enough to know if it was John Wesley Shipps as Jay Garrick...did anyone notice?  They might have been keeping that vague.

They're being notably vague about both Jay, and Alan Scott (although all the green flames in the fight scene were a nice touch).

This is the first show in a long time that my husband and I both liked. He’s big in Buffyverse and feels everything pales in comparison. I loved the Luke Wilson performance, he’s got a genuineness that is absolutely winning. Solid attempt at casting people of color, hope to see more. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, marketdoctor said:

I know we didn’t get a really good look at the photo, but I felt like they intentionally had Flash’s face blurred by the crease, so they could keep their options open.

I don’t know if there’s much to add otherwise- I thought it was a solid pilot.  Hopefully they can keep up the production values- it really did feel different than the usual CW shows.  It’s a bit ironic that the JSA stuff feels like “Watchmen- but happy!” given what Moore was doing with that series.  But I like them, and I’m curious to see more about that team.  Otherwise, I’d probably be watching this anyway - but I’m glad that it’s off to a promising start.

I think the Flash was doing the "vibrate so fast you can't see my face" thing in the photo. Seems likely since he and Johnny Thunder were the only ones not wearing masks.

(edited)

I adored Luke Wilson's character, both as Stripey, but even moreso as the stepdad. I never thought remarrying could be worth it, but if there'd been a perfect dad like Pat, I would have melted. 

Joel McHale looked like he was enjoying the role. He'll be back for more?

Brec Bassinger as Courtney was good casting.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:25 PM, mxc90 said:

Starman tells Pat he is not good enough for the superhero role but he gets to tap his wife as the consolation prize!

On 5/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, rmontro said:

Like Pat said, it would be the coincidence of all coincidences.  Pat ending up being married to his old friend's widow even seems a little creepy IMO. 

As with the above posters, I kept getting distracted thinking it was just wrong that Stripey married the widow of the superhero whose sidekick he was. 
And re:

On 5/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, Featherhat said:

Joel McHale's Starman seemed really invested in using his dying breath to tell Pat over and over again that he couldn't be Starman himself. Why was Pat so sure Sylvester couldn't be Courtney's father who only visited once a year and vanished on Christmas Eve?

and:

11 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It is weird that Starman is the only one not wearing a mask, of course they wanted to capitalize off of Joel McHales face but still

I thought the pictures proved Starman was her dad, unless he had an evil twin or something, but that would still be weird, IMO, vis a vis Stripey marrying the widow.
image.png.360c21803f2d026052c48ffb7b1dadaf.png

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I thought the pictures proved Starman was her dad, unless he had an evil twin or something, but that would still be weird, IMO, vis a vis Stripey marrying the widow.

That's a good point, that should put to bed the idea that Starman wasn't really her dad, unless there are some really complicated plot twists going on.  

And apparently Pat didn't know he had married Starman's widow.  Which seems really odd too, because surely he would have seen a picture of her ex-husband somewhere along the line.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That's a good point, that should put to bed the idea that Starman wasn't really her dad, unless there are some really complicated plot twists going on.  

And apparently Pat didn't know he had married Starman's widow.  Which seems really odd too, because surely he would have seen a picture of her ex-husband somewhere along the line.

I suppose a character "apparently" knowing something is just as tenuous as someone being dead without the audience seeing a body, right? 
But if I could bet between that happening (that Stripey knows damn well that Courtney is Starman's kid) and there being an alternate Starman universe, the alternate universe seems more in keeping with the tone of the show --but I could be wrong, and it might be neither of those.

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

But if I could bet between that happening (that Stripey knows damn well that Courtney is Starman's kid)

That's certainly possible, but when he was protesting the idea he sure seemed convincing to me.  Not that that proves anything.

• Love 2