Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Galaxy Brain

• Start Topic

The hiatus is over, the show is winding down and they waste most of tonight's episode by bringing back Kaia? Unless I missed it, I didn't see what this rescue is going to do to help Team Free Will for their future.   

I like Rob Benedict but I didn't care for the opening with him monologuing about how he loves the world with Sam and Dean.  Then dumb Jack is told not to use his powers and five seconds after Kaia begs him for help, he does it and brings attention to the group.  He is just annoying.

I will say that next week looks good, very French Mistake 2.0.

• Love 5

They should have named this episode Plot Hole since it was a giant one.

In Berens last ep he said they coudldn't trap God because it would tip the balance, but in this ep its okay for Jack to kill God. 

Dean agrees they're both right.  It sees like Cas actually broke Dean.  He seems to be back his season one personality.  Go along to get along. 

Kaia and Claire literally spent five minutes together.  I get sometimes you can instantly feel connected to someone but to spend literally 2 minutes together and they are the love of your life and you want to avenge them so much you literally don't show up.  (Yes, I know Kathryn Newton isn't available but don't go there).  Someone needs to tell Berens Wayward wasn't picked up. 

Both versions of Kaia are Mary Sue's.

They are pretending Jack didn't kill Mary.

There is no love lose between Kaia 1 or Kaia 2 and Dean.  Why would she run into his arms? (aside from obvious plot related reasons, of course). 

The writers really have given up and are just writing for fan service.

• Love 8

Do they really think Kaia is a "fan favorite" that they needed to bring back?  

Granted, Kaia2 and her famous spear and Dean's promise to bring it back was a loose end, but considering (a) how many other loose ends they've ignored not only over the years but just in the past two seasons, and (b) that they brought it up just to brush it aside as if it never happened/mattered, what was the purpose to any of this?  And who the hell cares?

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

They should have named this episode Plot Hole since it was a giant one.

In Berens last ep he said they coudldn't trap God because it would tip the balance, but in this ep its okay for Jack to kill God. 

Dean agrees they're both right.  It sees like Cas actually broke Dean.  He seems to be back his season one personality.  Go along to get along. 

Kaia and Claire literally spent five minutes together.  I get sometimes you can instantly feel connected to someone but to spend literally 2 minutes together and they are the love of your life and you want to avenge them so much you literally don't show up.  (Yes, I know Kathryn Newton isn't available but don't go there).  Someone needs to tell Berens Wayward wasn't picked up. 

Both versions of Kaia are Mary Sue's.

They are pretending Jack didn't kill Mary.

There is no love lose between Kaia 1 or Kaia 2 and Dean.  Why would she run into his arms? (aside from obvious plot related reasons, of course). 

The writers really have given up and are just writing for fan service.

Jack did touch "MW" on the table and look constipated.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I can't believe the promo monkeys buried the lead on this episode.  Sam and Dean body swapped. 

That's all I got.

Oh, except I'd like to punch Cas in the face.

I remember feeling like this, too-before I fell asleep, that is.  

• Love 2

Who are they trying to appease here?  Kaia and Claire getting a happy ending?  They barely knew each other.  Does anyone even care about Claire?  When was the last time she was even on this show?

It was so nice seeing the flashback to original Death.  I miss him.  At least the writers remembered that there was a conversation about reaping God, with original Death. 

Other than that, at least I didn't hate this episode.  Kind of a rare thing this season.  I'm not sure why saving Kaia was important or even that she was still alive.  

God had to go to a TV Radio Shack to watch the worlds die.?  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Wow, Kaia can't act.

I have to agree!  Gosh, it was so awful it was embarrassing.

What a waste of an episode. But I’m even too indifferent to be bothered now.

Good luck in your future endeavours Jensen. That’s all got to say.😥

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, SueB said:

Then why have Dean do it again and why tweet this

Its seems Berens is contradicting himself. (Something he is used to considering the major plot hole in this ep that directly contradicted his last ep) 

Also it makes no narrative sense because there is no love loss between Dean and any version of Kaia, why would she run into Dean's arms in for any reason?

Edited by ILoveReading

Trudysdad said we should have played a drinking game where when I yell BULLSHIT we drink.  We would have completely sloshed by the halfway mark.  We don't drink, I was wishing I did by the time it was over. 

In stark contrast,  I watched S6 22 today, and Jared was really good, he showed range, emotion, believability.    Why is he so wooden, so one note? And Alex must be looking to him for acting tips because omg I thought he was a mannequin.  Kaia may be an annoying MarySue but she ran rings around  the Boyblunder. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Did this episode even mention the spear I fast forwarded 90% of it.

Kaia said Dean promised to give it back and Dean said "too bad, it's broken."  That was it.  She then switched to just wanting to go home and Jack could send her there.   So I guess it wasn't that important to her after all.

1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

Kaia said Dean promised to give it back and Dean said "too bad, it's broken."  That was it.  She then switched to just wanting to go home and Jack could send her there.   So I guess it wasn't that important to her after all.

NGL, kinda glad it was dropped because I didn't want to watch another ep like 14.03

Berens tweets come across as someone who is trying to hard.  Its also obvious he his loyalty lies to Wayward. 

Bobo Berens@robertberens

But this season is very heavily serialized and finding an actual place for it became really difficult. The opening really came when me and @Merecuda realized we needed a consequential Chuck episode to bridge the season around ep 12. #Supernatural

This was a consequential Chuck episode?  5 minutes of exposition bookending 37 minutes of boring bullshit?  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Well, as long as he knows he's writing ridiculous tropes....

What a hack.  No wonder their terrible spinoff attempt tanked.  It's just too bad they wasted one of the few remaining eps shoving it down our throats once again.

And it's "Cas", dumbass. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

I completely forgot the show was back last night until 8:02 when a friend texted me not to bother. Since I forgot to dvr it, just as well. I was watching Sunday night's Good Girls off the dvr at the time - which, seriously, if you want a kickass female-driven show to get into, and you were a Breaking Bad fan, this one is for you!

But I digress. Guess I could try to watch it off the CW site, but doesn't sound like I need to or should. Knowing now that we might not even get series finale, crappy as I'm certain it would have been, I feel like the show is already over anyway.

What a depressing sad coda to this 15-year saga. The Js should have pulled the plug last year. In fact, you could wipe out every episode this season and literally give the show an Angel-like end with last year's finale. The dead coming back, Jackie Poo Sue dead (yay!), and the guys being overwhelmed by zombies. That's about as fitting an end as this show is going to get now.

• Love 4

First watch thought in the form of “The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” plus an “On the Fence” category

The Good:
- TFW 2.0 Back Together (sort of — there are Jack doubts)
- Jody!  How I love me some Jody.  I hope we get her one more time at least. That did not feel like a wrap, that felt like a ‘see you later’.
- Death shows up.  Right now I have more questions than answers but I feel like we are on the cusp of getting some info.  And we need some.
- The Bunker warding IS off.  I’m glad there was something discussing this because it feels like it’s been off for a while. TFW needs to get on that.  If MoL could put it together in the first place, then our boys should be able to fix it.
- They immediately addressed the ‘but what about BALANCE?”question.  We don’t have an answer (I don’t think) but it’s not forgotten.
- BEAUTIFUL VFx work in The Bad Place with the world-ending thing.  
- Earth 2 with two moons.  That was just cool IMO.

On the Fence (plot hints that wait until I see how it plays out):
- Dean is freaking detached.  And no one comments.  It feels ‘on purpose’.  Like another phase of his reaction to being a Cosmic chew-toy.  He was his normal bad-ass self as soon as they were into action mode but his ‘resting mode’ place feels very uncomfortable.  I feel like an explosion is coming from him.  
- Cas just happy to follow Jack.  First, don’t get too happy Cas.  Second, also a detachment response — Cas letting go of responsibility.  I’ll wait to see if this is acknowledged later because it’s an issue IMO.
- Sam seems to be plugging along.  He’s rightly freaked by Jack.  He’s questioning  what’s going on.  Etc.  I think this is a good thing right now but he’s going to have to confront Dean and Cas soon about detaching.  And if he hasn’t noticed, that’s a problem.

The Bad:
- Video store as destruction central.  On the one hand, it’s a clever way to ‘show’ cosmic destruction on a weekly TV budget.  On the other, it feels like the cheat it is.  There should be more gravitas for the loss of entire worlds.  I don’t like it treated like comedy. And I’m just pissed at Chuck lying to the video clerk as he walked out and then sent a meteor.  
- We could also see behind the curtain for why ”Claire” was absent.  Again, external forces drive this but it took me out of the picture.  I don’t have an issue, BTW, with Claire becoming consumed by revenge for Kaia’s death.  Claire has lived a f*cked up life.  Her putting good Kaia on a pedestal is survivor guilt behavior.  I do think “and they live happily ever after” is too trite of an end-state suggestion for Claire’s character, but I can see why that was chosen.
- Jack is freakin dangerous without a soul.  Sam is right, this needs to be discussed.  Rules of Engagement put in place, etc...

The Ugly:
- Death talked and I still don’t understand.  Maybe it’ll be more clear next week but I’m still confused as to why Chuck is doing what he’s doing and how to stop him. 
- They LEFT Dark Kaia to die.  I get that she’s unhappy on our Earth but they basically let her commit suicide there.  How about TRY to get her to come back?  Or explain that the two of them can’t be in the same universe and she chose Good Kaia. 
- The VFx/SFx on the creatures was bad.

Bottom Line:  I get why Bobo Berens said this was a ‘bridge’ episode.  It clearly shows the back half of the season is starting.  The multi-verse is collapsing, it’s going to come down to a confrontation w/ Chuck and the Boys.  I’m not thrilled with Chuck as just evil and the casual murder of trillions in various “Earth-2’s”.  Feels to show-centric.  I do, however, feel like we are on the cusp of getting some clarity on what is happening — which I really want.  

NOTE:  Death’s speech at the end is not remotely ‘skip-able’ if you are trying to follow the show plot.  I don’t understand it yet, but I know key mythology plot points when I see it.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, SueB said:

- Dean is freaking detached.  And no one comments.  It feels ‘on purpose’.  Like another phase of his reaction to being a Cosmic chew-toy.  He was his normal bad-ass self as soon as they were into action mode but his ‘resting mode’ place feels very uncomfortable.  I feel like an explosion is coming from him.

I would love it if the writers were planning this.  But I think this is Dean's new normal after his "awareness" that he gets angry for some very legitimate reasons for no reason.  I think Jensen is trying to spin straw into gold, but even for him its impossible because there was no straw in this ep for him to work with

.For me token protests, "oh Jack might be evil" don't work when Sam, Dean and Cas's actions all contradict the words. Plus the show seems to be ignoring the fact that Jack killed Mary so they can get back to My three Dads.  

Jack is untrustworthy.  So the burden should not be on Sam and Dean to earn Jack's trust back.

The Malak box would have worked if it wasn't for Sam, and Cas. 

For me all this did was bridge Jack in to the spot light and the Winchesters on back burner.  I don't think it was about Chuck, I think this was Berens inability to accept that fact that wayward wasn't picked up and he decided he was going to write what probably would have been the premier ep.  Chuck and boys very much felt showhorned into a plot that didn't really make sense. 

Why is no one suggesting to call on Amara?  She's an option no one has even mentioned.

22 minutes ago, SueB said:

- The Bunker warding IS off.  I’m glad there was something discussing this because it feels like it’s been off for a while. TFW needs to get on that.  If MoL could put it together in the first place, then our boys should be able to fix it.

At this point the bunkers warding is a joke, no matter how many times they talk about it.  Because if its on how is it possible for Cas and Jack to be in the bunker? 

Spoiler

There has been a wood nymph in the bunker this whole time the brothers never even noticed.  Turning it on should immediately exposed this.  Not two weeks later.  That is just making the brothers look really dumb that they don't notice for two weeks. 

• Love 6

The show in this weird place right now where the plot is a mess of epic proportions but the standalones can't even provide relief because the few remaining writers that have a shred of talent don't give a fuck and/or are too busy with their pet projects, like Kaia.

Either way, that was trash. Here's to another "loose end" that absolutely did not need tying up. Meanwhile the garbage plot can't even gain any sort of traction and Chuck is on his way to becoming the shittiest villain the show has ever had.

Supernatural is just crawling to the end in a pathetic way which is just the worst possible outcome. I really wish they'd give us a reason to care, but we're just gonna have to settle with bored as hell J² and shitty "fanservice" guest-stars until we're finally free.

PS : Also, Billie fucking sucks. She's been there since season 11 and the writers never saw fit to go beyond the "badass and mysterious" phase. Such a boring, shallow character that's 100% reliant on the actress overacting the shit out of every scene she's in. Not unlike Sam and Dean nowadays anyway.

Edited by BoxManLocke
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

PS : Also, Billie fucking sucks. She's been there since season 11 and the writers never saw fit to go beyond the "badass and mysterious" phase. Such a boring, shallow character that's 100% reliant on the actress overacting the shit out of every scene she's in. Not unlike Sam and Dean nowadays anyway.

What else can we expect with showrunner who shoves writer-as-god down our throats, in turns having 'him' be omnipotent and/or just a 'bad writer', and writers who flat out tell us they are writing tropes and seem to be proud of it?

Both Dabb and Berens have engaged in Winchester character assassination (usually at the altar of their pet OCs) since their pilot was turfed. This episode was a prime example.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Both Dabb and Berens have engaged in Winchester character assassination (usually at the altar of their pet OCs) since their pilot was turfed.

I noticed that they had Chuck throw in a bitter line about no more failed spinoffs (more or less as a reason for him burning everything down).  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Why is no one suggesting to call on Amara?  She's an option no one has even mentioned.

Well they DID name-check her last night... it could be a prelude to calling her. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SueB said:

he’s going to have to confront Dean and Cas soon about detaching.  And if he hasn’t noticed, that’s a problem.

But that confrontation most likely will be in a moment of anger, an attack against Dean for which he will need to apologize, again.  No thanks.  

The actress playing Kaia played both versions pretty well, I thought.  The badass hunter girl and the scared wayward sue were clearly defined.  As to Claire being 'in love' with her, that was a huge bullshit moment.   I called it the first time Jody said it way back when it happened and again this episode.  Why couldn't  she just say Claire felt guilty because she felt responsible?  That is totally believable.  Why go there with the lost love?   Oh, my bad, pandering to the tumble/twitterverse minions.  Silly me.

• Love 3

They also never explained how the "scared wayward Sue" managed to survive all alone in neverneverland (especially after being stabbed with the spear and left for dead).  So NinjaKaia could heal something like that?  And if she did, why leave Kaia1 at all, even if she did "give her everything she needed to survive"?  She managed to teach her how to hunt, find shelter and hide from the monsters, not to mention she opened another rift herself to get through all in the time it took the boys and WS to regroup at Jody's house.  (How did she do that?) 

Why not take the other Kaia with her?  Why bother with revenge (her original motive for coming through) if Kaia1 wasn't dead? 

Nothing about that makes any sense.  They just wanted to tie up a loose end no one cared about and as a bonus they could bring back yet another female character from the dead to prove they're not really misogynistic.  

OTOH, if they bring back Mary again, I'm done.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

she opened another rift herself

Speaking of the rift wasn't that the premise of WS? They were going to be based in Sioux Falls fighting whatever monsters fell out of Monsterland? Jody told Sam and Dean they would be watching it while having teen angst and romantic melodrama adventures.

Didn't Berens write that episode?

• LOL 2
35 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Speaking of the rift wasn't that the premise of WS? They were going to be based in Sioux Falls fighting whatever monsters fell out of Monsterland? Jody told Sam and Dean they would be watching it while having teen angst and romantic melodrama adventures.

Didn't Berens write that episode?

Yes, that was the general idea. (Can't imagine why the network didn't jump at it) NOT! Yes, Berens wrote that with Dabb - shocker - the two brilliant minds working together.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

There is no love lose between Kaia 1 or Kaia 2 and Dean.  Why would she run into his arms?

When I saw her grab the knife moments before, I assumed that she would stab Dean once she got inside his guard.

Also, If I heard someone bellowing my name like they were doing, I would be running in the opposite direction. That sounded much more threatening than reassuring.

"KAIA! WE'RE TRYING TO FIND YOU!!"

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, trudysmom said:

The actress playing Kaia played both versions pretty well, I thought.  The badass hunter girl and the scared wayward sue were clearly defined.  As to Claire being 'in love' with her, that was a huge bullshit moment.   I called it the first time Jody said it way back when it happened and again this episode.  Why couldn't  she just say Claire felt guilty because she felt responsible?  That is totally believable.  Why go there with the lost love?   Oh, my bad, pandering to the tumble/twitterverse minions.  Silly me.

I actually thought she has improved a little from their introductions for the Wayward.  Not saying she is great, just thought she was a little interesting compared to her introduction.

Now did I care, no.  I'm just glad they didn't kill off Jody.  I wouldn't mind having a  Donna and Jody before it was all done and leave the rest of that cast out of it.  Unfortunately, Dabbs and Berens just proved why their sequel didn't get picked up.

Chuck's monologue, really did we need to hear about destroying all the other worlds because the original Dean and Sam surprised you.  Was waiting for "Endings are Hard" crap speech.  I'm really getting tired of all the meta, it's not funny when it is overused.

Wasn't the worst ep for this season, but not much to love either.

If they aren't able to show all of the eps they had planned, I'm not thinking I will miss much.

So now  the Winchester's plus Jack will mean God's death.  But what happens when God is killed.?   What is the loophole they got the network to buy when they presented killing God.

I agree God as the big villain is the lamest one they've created yet.  Maybe the original Death will come back as God and show how it is supposed to be done.  No spoiler, just a weird wish.

At least the boys did overcome Mary Sue Kia for a moment I didn't think they would allow even that.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, SueB said:

First watch thought in the form of “The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” plus an “On the Fence” category

The Good:
- TFW 2.0 Back Together (sort of — there are Jack doubts)
- Jody!  How I love me some Jody.  I hope we get her one more time at least. That did not feel like a wrap, that felt like a ‘see you later’.
- Death shows up.  Right now I have more questions than answers but I feel like we are on the cusp of getting some info.  And we need some.
- They immediately addressed the ‘but what about BALANCE?”question.  We don’t have an answer (I don’t think) but it’s not forgotten.
- BEAUTIFUL VFx work in The Bad Place with the world-ending thing.  
- Earth 2 with two moons.  That was just cool IMO.

On the Fence (plot hints that wait until I see how it plays out):
- Cas just happy to follow Jack.  First, don’t get too happy Cas.  Second, also a detachment response — Cas letting go of responsibility.  I’ll wait to see if this is acknowledged later because it’s an issue IMO.
- Sam seems to be plugging along.  He’s rightly freaked by Jack.  He’s questioning  what’s going on.  Etc.  I think this is a good thing right now but he’s going to have to confront Dean and Cas soon about detaching.  And if he hasn’t noticed, that’s a problem.

The Bad:
- Video store as destruction central.  On the one hand, it’s a clever way to ‘show’ cosmic destruction on a weekly TV budget.  On the other, it feels like the cheat it is.  There should be more gravitas for the loss of entire worlds.  I don’t like it treated like comedy. And I’m just pissed at Chuck lying to the video clerk as he walked out and then sent a meteor.  
- We could also see behind the curtain for why ”Claire” was absent.  Again, external forces drive this but it took me out of the picture.  I don’t have an issue, BTW, with Claire becoming consumed by revenge for Kaia’s death.  Claire has lived a f*cked up life.  Her putting good Kaia on a pedestal is survivor guilt behavior.  I do think “and they live happily ever after” is too trite of an end-state suggestion for Claire’s character, but I can see why that was chosen.
- Jack is freakin dangerous without a soul.  Sam is right, this needs to be discussed.  Rules of Engagement put in place, etc...

The Ugly:
- Death talked and I still don’t understand.  Maybe it’ll be more clear next week but I’m still confused as to why Chuck is doing what he’s doing and how to stop him. 
- They LEFT Dark Kaia to die.  I get that she’s unhappy on our Earth but they basically let her commit suicide there.  How about TRY to get her to come back?  Or explain that the two of them can’t be in the same universe and she chose Good Kaia. 
- The VFx/SFx on the creatures was bad.

Bottom Line:  I get why Bobo Berens said this was a ‘bridge’ episode.  It clearly shows the back half of the season is starting.  The multi-verse is collapsing, it’s going to come down to a confrontation w/ Chuck and the Boys.  I’m not thrilled with Chuck as just evil and the casual murder of trillions in various “Earth-2’s”.  Feels to show-centric.  I do, however, feel like we are on the cusp of getting some clarity on what is happening — which I really want.  

NOTE:  Death’s speech at the end is not remotely ‘skip-able’ if you are trying to follow the show plot.  I don’t understand it yet, but I know key mythology plot points when I see it.  

All good points. I have no problem with Chuck being evil. I have never seen him as "good" and  I found his behavior in s 11 problematic. The writing strongly hinted then that he wasn't the good guy.

Jack is exactly the same as he was when he killed Mary. Cas is exactly the same as he was after he was brainwashed by fetus Jack. Dean and Sam can only trust each other.

Death can read the books and understand the exact path to someone's fate. She knows exactly what has to he done to get Chuck's fate to end with his death. Since she is also about the natural order one assumes that she knows the one way this will be preserved. However, she was markedly different in this appearance. I did like the callback to season 5 and Death's conversation with Dean about realing God.

The Winchesters are involved because that is what the books say. Chuck's death book says this much like Sam was the agent of Rowena's demise in all of her books.

The bad rubber suit effects were a problem with the WS concept as well as the writing and plotting and the unstable vagina rift that Jack created.

• Love 1

Finally able to rewatch and if this were any other show with any other writers, I might guess that after proclaiming himself "right" about the Nougatbaby, Castiel could be proven to actually be wrong about him, as would Billie's preoccupation with the utter importance of "big/bigger picture" thinking.

But this is Dabbernatural, so what we saw is probably all we're likely to get in the weeks to come-that being a show still titled Supernatural, but having very little in common with the show of that same title up to s11.

And I'm with those who feel that Dabb's ending would only reinforce the idea that Supernatural post s11 was indeed dismantled in order for Dabbernatural to take it's place, so if we never get it, it might not be such a bad thing.

Edited by Myrelle
Additions
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Myrelle said:

And I'm with those who feel that Dabb's ending would only reinforce the idea that Supernatural post s11 was indeed dismantled in order for Dabbernatural to take it's place, so if we never get it, it might not be such a bad thing.

I love it.  Karma's a bitch, Dabb, so yeah take your crayons and go home.  Keep your beady eyes open though, for whatever stunning thing Jensen decides to do next because he will, not because of any thing you wrote or said or did, but in spite of you, you sick, sad, petty little man.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

Gotta say I immediately lost it in the recap when Dean said “we will never give you the ending you want”

So when I read this, I thought, "So Dean is Dabbs mouth piece about Supernatural ending.  Yeah, you've made it clear we won't like your ending.  Shame, if he had tried somewhat, he might have been remembered fondling instead of the villain of his own story.

Edited by 7kstar
spelling, on't not a word. lol

I pretty much enjoy watching the show with my wife at this point. I don't even really care enough about the story to have a problem with it at this point. That said, I do have a couple of nitpicks:

So Sam, a professional hunter, is going to see Kaia's universal hand gesture for "be quiet, something's up ahead" and blurt out "What!". Yeah. Okay. Sure writers.

Also - and maybe I'm not understanding the lore here - but if Jack has no soul, then why did he take pity on Kaia pleading with him to save other Kaia and use his powers, disobeying Billie? Shouldn't those emotions be absent?

Edited by KayCordingly
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, KayCordingly said:

Also - and maybe I'm not understanding the lore here - but if Jack has no soul, then why did he take pity on Kaia pleading with him to save other Kaia and use his powers, disobeying Billie? Shouldn't those emotions be absent?

Being soulless has taken as much of a lol!canon beating on this show as anything else. From emotionless killing machine Soulless Sam, to the raging murderers that Abaddon created, to Just Ask Yourself What Would Mr. Rogers Do? Donatello. 

In other words, how Jack is acting this week is 'new canon'. And however he acts next week? That'll be new new canon. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, KayCordingly said:

So Sam, a professional hunter, is going to see Kaia's universal hand gesture for "be quiet, something's up ahead" and blurt out "What!". Yeah. Okay. Sure writers.

Especially since we have seen Sam and Dean using those kinds of hand signals many many times while hunting in the past, but in new show canon Sam has somehow forgotten how to be a hunter... and is generally lacking in anything approaching common sense. *sigh*

• Love 1

First of all Chuck, Crisis on Infinite Earths already happened like a month ago on your network. Even your plans to destroy the multiverse are cliche and hackneyed. And, oh my god show, would you just get over Wayward Sisters?! It didnt work out, it didn’t it picked up, it happens, build a bridge and get over it!

Anyway, this was just intensely boring, mostly focusing around characters that I dont know very well or care about all that much. Did Kaia and Claire have such an amazing connection that their reunion is supposed to be some big deal? I have never cared for Dark Kaia, so her and her Bad Place dying doesent exactly leave much of an impact for me, really I am just glad that she wont show up to be a badass and kick everyone's asses for no reason other than "she is super awesome guys!!" and be all sullen and kill animals like a psycho or whatever anymore. I guess I get that they want to close up some lingering plot threads, but if they start plugging up the plot threads and god forbid the plot holes, we are gonna be here for the next fifty years! 

I did love seeing a brief flash of the original Death, and his awesome introduction episode, and that great scene between him and Dean where he says how he will reap God one day, because Death will find everyone, eventually. Then I got sad thinking of good this show used to be, compared to where we are now. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

First of all Chuck, Crisis on Infinite Earths already happened like a month ago on your network. Even your plans to destroy the multiverse are cliche and hackneyed. And, oh my god show, would you just get over Wayward Sisters?! It didnt work out, it didn’t it picked up, it happens, build a bridge and get over it!

Okay, I broke down and finally watched this one, figuring as bad as it probably was, it couldn't possibly be worse than real life is right now, which I'm tired of watching. Right?

Even going into it with that low a bar didn't make it all that interesting - except maybe for the Billie stuff.  But for the most part is was just a combination of bad and boring writing, and bad acting all across the board. Even Jensen looked like he couldn't be bothered - though can't say I blame him given how baby was put in the corner once again, not allowed to deliver what were clearly Dean-lines, walking around in a neutered Valium fog. And the reason for that isn't complicated or layered - it's just how this particular "writer" wants him to be, which is simply out of the way.

As for Berens and his childish inability to get the F over his lame Wayward spin-off not getting picked up, OMG it's way past time for him to take his diapers off and pull on some big boy pants. It happens in the business he's chosen - for the love of Chuckles, get the hell over it or pick a different career. In fact, the latter would probably be best.

However, given the obvious cry-baby lines about failed spin-offs and the guys being the only important component - which is so not his or Dabb's feelings - it hit me who Chuckles is a stand-in for. At first I assumed, because he was Kripke's avatar, that he was still Kripke, the original creator of the universe Dabb and Berens are not fans of.

But given the increasingly heinous and irredeemable way Chuckles is being written, and his not being a fan of the current showrunners' toys, I finally realized Chuckles is a Pedowitz stand-in for Berens and Dabb. Yeah, it makes a lot more sense that way.

Obviously things aren't going to end well for Pedow ... er, Chuckles.

• Useful 4

Did some belated skip-watching on this and my two main modes for it were "boredom" and "exasperation". I can`t even get angry anymore about wasting time on giving tertiary wayward teens some happy ending for their deep five-minute connection, the ridiculous retcon of alive!Kaia, the once-again-ridiculous-Ninja!Sue!DarkKaia or Jack being a soulless, naive, dopey idiot again and Cas being obsessed with nothing but his wonderful Jackie-poo. Or literally re-doing "Crisis on Infinite Earths" two months after that aired on the same network. 

All that just leaves me exasperated now. I have zero emotional connection left to it. So what remains is the boredom. 

Dean has obviously checked out of this crap. Jensen, too, on some level.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Okay, I freely admit that I was hoping Wayward Sisters got picked up, and I was glad that they at least got closure. I recognize that I'm probably the only one. Sadly, I knew we wouldn't get the pair reunited on screen. But I honestly do buy Claire latching on to Kaia as her Lost Lenore like that, especially at her age, and the little eye thing Kaia did when she was asking if Claire would be there (so as to show it was mutual) was cute too. Hey, sometimes people hit it off right away, and then you throw in a near-death experience/believed actual death experience, nothing about them meaning that much to each other seems strange to me.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:11 PM, Castiels Cat said:

unstable vagina rift

I do not know why, but I cannot stop giggling at this.

On 8/5/2020 at 9:49 PM, DigitalCount said:

Okay, I freely admit that I was hoping Wayward Sisters got picked up, and I was glad that they at least got closure. I recognize that I'm probably the only one. Sadly, I knew we wouldn't get the pair reunited on screen. But I honestly do buy Claire latching on to Kaia as her Lost Lenore like that, especially at her age, and the little eye thing Kaia did when she was asking if Claire would be there (so as to show it was mutual) was cute too. Hey, sometimes people hit it off right away, and then you throw in a near-death experience/believed actual death experience, nothing about them meaning that much to each other seems strange to me.

I have never hated Claire the way so many people do, and I actually feel like they could have done something good with the show (whether they would have is a different question). I didn't hate tying this loose end up for a few reasons: 1. Whether or not it was for spinoff purposes, the arc here was established over several seasons and Jody, in particular, has been an ongoing and important part of the show. I found it somewhat satisfying to see some resolution for her and her family. 2. I was willing to give them the love story because they managed to not kill the lesbian after alll (and I am on record for being in favor for all the plot armor for LGBTQ+ characters), and I will simply concede that the story would have been less ham handed with more screentime that would have been in the spinoff and that I am happy to skip in the main as irrelevant, 3. I do think there was a loose end leave NotKaia running around after lying to her. 

I can't really explain why I didn't hate this one. Maybe it's that I love Jody and Billie and found the reaper entertaining. Maybe it's that I am a sucker for the guys risking everything for just one person. Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome and low expectations. It's a mystery! But after struggling to get through some of this season, I found myself enjoying this one.

Also, made fun of Chuck's slow destruction of Kaia's world and then saw the tvs full of disasters and realized that was very on brand for Chuck, so they probably did get one thing right. Those meteors, though. 😆🙄

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I have never hated Claire the way so many people do, and I actually feel like they could have done something good with the show (whether they would have is a different question). I didn't hate tying this loose end up for a few reasons: 1. Whether or not it was for spinoff purposes, the arc here was established over several seasons and Jody, in particular, has been an ongoing and important part of the show. I found it somewhat satisfying to see some resolution for her and her family. 2. I was willing to give them the love story because they managed to not kill the lesbian after alll (and I am on record for being in favor for all the plot armor for LGBTQ+ characters), and I will simply concede that the story would have been less ham handed with more screentime that would have been in the spinoff and that I am happy to skip in the main as irrelevant, 3. I do think there was a loose end leave NotKaia running around after lying to her. 

I can't really explain why I didn't hate this one. Maybe it's that I love Jody and Billie and found the reaper entertaining. Maybe it's that I am a sucker for the guys risking everything for just one person. Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome and low expectations. It's a mystery! But after struggling to get through some of this season, I found myself enjoying this one.

Also, made fun of Chuck's slow destruction of Kaia's world and then saw the tvs full of disasters and realized that was very on brand for Chuck, so they probably did get one thing right. Those meteors, though. 😆🙄

Yes. I liked Claire too.

I should probably rewatch this episode. I suppose using another world and its senseless destruction is a great way to show how off the rails BIG BAD Chuck actually is and that definitively meant bringing Kaia back. Unfortunately without Claire and without any continuity for Dean's abandoned s 14 storyline it seemed meaningless.

Too much from s 14 has been swept under the carpet. It stinks.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, The Companion said:

I liked Claire, as well. That she acted out, misplaced her loyalties and had attitude, are all directly related to her tragic and horrific childhood. 

I wish she had been in that episode, though. I don't feel a connection to Kaia, nor the connection to Kaia and Jody, nor Kaia and Claire, for that matter. It would have been better to see Jody and the guys with Claire. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Terese said:

I liked Claire, as well. That she acted out, misplaced her loyalties and had attitude, are all directly related to her tragic and horrific childhood. 

I wish she had been in that episode, though. I don't feel a connection to Kaia, nor the connection to Kaia and Jody, nor Kaia and Claire, for that matter. It would have been better to see Jody and the guys with Claire. 

Agreed. 

• Love 2