Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E17: Life on Mars?

• Start Topic

(edited)

A wealthy inventor arrives at Grey Sloan and asks Koracick for help, while Meredith struggles to save a woman with diabetes who has been rationing her insulin. Jo and Link fight to save a young man who fell onto train tracks, and Jackson and Vic's relationship hits a snag.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/12/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 1

Did we miss an episode? was this piggybacking on Station 19 again or something? 

I can sum this up so easily. 

I hate everyone except Link.
(so basically the show will make me hate Link soon). 

• Love 11

Link has become this season's saving grace. Who knew? So relieved the baby is not Owen's. 

The Teddy from seasons 6-8 and 14 is not the Teddy who exists today. Such a shame. 

If Deloser really is mentally unstable, he needs to have his medical license revoked.  

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Did we miss an episode? was this piggybacking on Station 19 again or something? 

Yeah, the rich guy was piggybacking on last week's Station 19, but I was still confused.

He was a rich guy building a ship to go to Mars, but it exploded and caused some problems. One firefighter got injured, and that is who they kept referring to as doing better, and who wanted to thank the rich guy for paying his bills.

But I have absolutely no idea why the rich guy wanted a fake diagnosis and why he couldn't just donate money if that was part of the issue.

I am really glad Linc is the father and that he and Amelia are back together. I guess they won't be putting him and Jo together right now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Jesus. The characters are over 35 so it's time to stop acting like teenagers. Richard just tell Bailey what is wrong with his hands. And Show, why do you keep bringing up Alex and how necessary he is to them and yet they trashed how his character left.

Usually Maggie drives me nuts. But her straight talk to Teddy's self-righteous attitude was coming. Kind of liked her defending Amelia, "She's my sister." Although I wonder how long will Maggie accidentally "spill" Teddy's secret to Owen. I don't know why people tell her anything.

What the hell show? You made me go through the ringer of who is the father of Amelia's baby and all this time she had the test and it was Linc's kid the whole time. Stop jerking me around for manufactured drama. You just used this storyline just to create an actual storyline for Owen/Teddy/Tom. Boy Teddy is going to look stupid using the baby as an excuse to run with Tom.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
35 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, the rich guy was piggybacking on last week's Station 19, but I was still confused.

He was a rich guy building a ship to go to Mars, but it exploded and caused some problems. One firefighter got injured, and that is who they kept referring to as doing better, and who wanted to thank the rich guy for paying his bills.

But I have absolutely no idea why the rich guy wanted a fake diagnosis and why he couldn't just donate money if that was part of the issue.

I am really glad Linc is the father and that he and Amelia are back together. I guess they won't be putting him and Jo together right now.

I think the rich guy was facing legal consequences so he wanted to show it wasn’t his fault....it was due to an undiagnosed medical issue.   

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I think the rich guy was facing legal consequences so he wanted to show it wasn’t his fault....it was due to an undiagnosed medical issue.   

So he - bought a medical issue? He wrote Tom/Grey-Sloan a check in exchange for Tom making up that aneurysm?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

So he - bought a medical issue? He wrote Tom/Grey-Sloan a check in exchange for Tom making up that aneurysm?

That’s how it seemed to me.    

so....year end cliff hanger....the deception gets uncovered....who will take the fall?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Still feel like the show caved with having link say he didn't care... ( not that in the end he really did... I believe him... But he needed time and Amelia held him emotionally hostage until he came around)  and she faced no repercussions.. The only person to really go in on her was Teddy.. But morally she  had no leg to stand on.... That said I'm glad the baby is Link's cuz he is awesome.... I knew Vic/Jackson weren't a long term thing because of how fast it happened after both of their previous tough breakups.. Plus being in diff shows and Jesse doing work on Broadway... Woulda preferred if it was more amicable.. But I guess this can plant the seed even deeper for Dean/Vic on station 19 which I think was the only reason it ended this way... Deluca being hyper sexual to Jo pretty much confirms he's in the throes of mania.. I doubt it gets better... Not sure what they're doing with Teddy... A small part of me prays its all swept under the rug... But I'm not holding my breath for that... No Cormac creeping round Meredith so that's good... Meredith on her soapbox less so...even though she's 100% right... Richard is just ugh at the moment that temper... He lucky Bailey loves him... Maggie was great

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Yes. It's why Tom told Teddy that he wasn't a good person. Hey Tom, neither is she.

Irony tonight was represented by the rich guy saying that the word is falling apart and he can't fix it, on a day that the CoVid 19 is actually causing the world to fall apart.

Bailey, take a chill pill.

Linc and Jo redeemed themselves for their immature behaviour in surgery, Jo by her speech to Linc and Linc by going to Amelia in the end.

Hey, Facesuck girl, I'm pretty sure that you can delay your Rhodes scholarship for a year due to medical reasons if you want to sit by your boyfriend's bedside.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Ah, that explains it. That is super shady.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hey, Facesuck girl, I'm pretty sure that you can delay your Rhodes scholarship for a year due to medical reasons if you want to sit by your boyfriend's bedside.

I think she just didn't want to sit by her boyfriend's bedside, even if she wasn't going to England. She didn't even hesitate about saying she was leaving. Which, is totally her right to want to pursue her dreams. But it came off pretty cold. Not as cold as leaving your wife for your ex via a letter though. At least the guy had family coming and wasn't going to be left all on his own.

• Love 9

I can't believe The Sun didn't offer the diabetic the use of her health insurance.  

Richard (and the show) aren't exactly being subtle with the hand tremors.  No way that Bailey, sitting two feet at most away from him, didn't notice the shaking. 

Don't watch Station 19 so I might have missed some exposition, but wouldn't rich guy only be facing civil suits over the explosion?  What exactly did he do that was criminal? 

Why would Teddy confide in Maggie of all people about her night with Koracik?  Isn't it pretty well established at Grey Sloane that Maggie is the last person you want to keep a secret? 

Speaking of Maggie, enough with the "sisters" talk.  Blech.  You and Amelia are in no way sisters.  You and The Sun are nominally sisters.  The Sun and Amelia are nominally sisters.  Just, enough already. 

Guitar guy's girlfriend ranks right up there with bear guy's wife in the shitty partner contest. 

Glasses didn't annoy too much tonight.  Maybe he found his talent in handing off charts to The Sun.  

As others have said, Linc is the lone bright spot on the show.  Amelia becomes somewhat tolerable when she is with Linc.  Its sad how much the rest of the show has gone downhill. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Speaking of Maggie, enough with the "sisters" talk.  Blech.  You and Amelia are in no way sisters.  You and The Sun are nominally sisters.  The Sun and Amelia are nominally sisters.  Just, enough already. 

They support each other thru thick and thin and they share a sister... That's enough in my book... 

9 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Guitar guy's girlfriend ranks right up there with bear guy's wife in the shitty partner contest. 

No way.. Bear Guy's wife was actively cheating on him and was too cowardly to face him after he got mauled to protect her... She had fallen outta love.... This girl just got a rhoades scholarship and she was going to England even if her boyfriend had decided to stay.. But as his achievement of getting into whatever it was I think could've also been done in England.. And teenage hormones he said he'd go with her... She can't spend however long his recovery is just lounging in Seattle... 

• Love 4

I hate how Amelia and Maggie + Meredith always refer to each other as sisters. You’re not. It’s super weird. 

In the real world Richard would have been suspended for his behaviour. Ditto with DeLuca. 

It’s saddening how characters such as Bailey and Teddy no longer resemble the characters they started as. 

• Love 5

My best friend and I refer to each other as sisters all the time. I love her like one, and she me and my mom calls her her second daughter and she calls my mom Mama. So I don't have an issue with Amelia and Maggie adopting each other as legit family (even if they didn't sign papers or anything). I don't find it any weirder than Meredith calling Cristina/Alex "her person"

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

My best friend and I refer to each other as sisters all the time. I love her like one, and she me and my mom calls her her second daughter and she calls my mom Mama. So I don't have an issue with Amelia and Maggie adopting each other as legit family (even if they didn't sign papers or anything). I don't find it any weirder than Meredith calling Cristina/Alex "her person"

Agreed seems like some folks just reaching for a reason to harp about a character they don't like ( Maggie for many other seems)  personally not a fan of Amelia but I got tons of other things about her characterization that irk me... The sisterhood def ain't one though.... I find her allegiance to Meredith and Maggie really nice... 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Rhodes scholarship for a year due to medical reasons if you want to sit by your boyfriend's bedside.

Yes, that is a special circumstances, Rhodes allows that up to two years even. It's a Google Search away. You know, writers. Google? It exists in the real world, but not in the world everyone on this show exists on. Just like firing off a rocket and not REPORTING IT from a well known institute. "Duh... it was a plane." Ok rich guy, it was a plane and you didn't destroy tons of property and almost got over a dozen people killed. 

• Love 5

I don't like Owen but I felt bad for him at the end of last week when Teddy ran straight to Koracik without even trying to have a conversation with Owen. But I was right back to not liking Owen at the beginning of this episode when Teddy suggested they get a wedding planner and he said, "You mean you don't want to plan the wedding?" Newsflash, asshole. Your wife is a surgeon with two kids. Her plate is kind of full. And not every girl wants to spend hours and hours looking at forks and chair covers.

Ugh, Jackson. I used to like you and now you've turned into the guy who's jealous because his girlfriend has a platonic male friend. Gross. Jealousy is one of the least sexy things in the world. It doesn't matter if Dean has a thing for Vic or not (I don't watch Station 19 so all I know is that Jackson made this accusation). If you trust your girlfriend, it doesn't matter how many guys have a thing for her. I never liked Vic as much as when she dumped his ass.

I'm glad that Linc is the father of Amelia's baby but I can't believe they wasted that many fucking episodes dragging it out.

I get that Richard is going through a really rough patch both personally and professionally but anyone who is throwing chairs at work needs to be sent home immediately.

9 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Well, I'm happy to read that Linc is the father, although that's what I expected.  Is it worth watching this episode?

It wasn't as much of a waste of time as Richard and Katherine's disastrous anniversary dinner, but I'd say don't bother. The only notable thing that happened is that we finally know Linc is the father.

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't like Owen but I felt bad for him at the end of last week when Teddy ran straight to Koracik without even trying to have a conversation with Owen. But I was right back to not liking Owen at the beginning of this episode when Teddy suggested they get a wedding planner and he said, "You mean you don't want to plan the wedding?" Newsflash, asshole. Your wife is a surgeon with two kids. Her plate is kind of full. And not every girl wants to spend hours and hours looking at forks and chair covers.

Whatever happened to Teddy?  She's an insecure mess, now.  The old Teddy would have told Owen just that.  Now, whenever he criticizes her (not directly...but like this time, he implies that she isn't good enough if she can't do everything), she just caves.  And has sex with Tom.

Owen has got too tell him mom to butt out.  It isn't her wedding.  Help, but don't take over.

And wait until he confronts Amelia.  That will be fun.  

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ugh, Jackson. I used to like you and now you've turned into the guy who's jealous because his girlfriend has a platonic male friend. Gross. Jealousy is one of the least sexy things in the world. It doesn't matter if Dean has a thing for Vic or not (I don't watch Station 19 so all I know is that Jackson made this accusation). If you trust your girlfriend, it doesn't matter how many guys have a thing for her. I never liked Vic as much as when she dumped his ass.

I'm glad that Linc is the father of Amelia's baby but I can't believe they wasted that many fucking episodes dragging it out.

I get that Richard is going through a really rough patch both personally and professionally but anyone who is throwing chairs at work needs to be sent home immediately.

It wasn't as much of a waste of time as Richard and Katherine's disastrous anniversary dinner, but I'd say don't bother. The only notable thing that happened is that we finally know Linc is the father.

well. yeah - but that's why you ask, right? 

And even with a wedding planner, you still have opinions, or some sort of vision. so even if you have a planner - i don't really think it's they plan everything then you show up in a dress.. right? (I mean i watched a lot of bride shows on TLC when i was in college eons ago, and there are always some input from the couple).  For me personally, it just feels had Owen said "oh, Okay." and did a Burke/Mama Burke 2.0 and they plan everything,Teddy would feel upset, not included, etc etc.  

3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Whatever happened to Teddy?  She's an insecure mess, now.  The old Teddy would have told Owen just that.  Now, whenever he criticizes her (not directly...but like this time, he implies that she isn't good enough if she can't do everything), she just caves.  And has sex with Tom.

Owen has got too tell him mom to butt out.  It isn't her wedding.  Help, but don't take over.

Krista happened to Teddy. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Well, that explains why I had no clue.

Sorry (not sorry), Show, still not watching Station 19.

• Love 4

What is it with these people dropping huge bombs on their significant others and then getting mad when they can't definitively answer "what does this mean for us (IOW, for me!)?" in two seconds.

22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

And even with a wedding planner, you still have opinions, or some sort of vision. so even if you have a planner - i don't really think it's they plan everything then you show up in a dress.. right? (I mean i watched a lot of bride shows on TLC when i was in college eons ago, and there are always some input from the couple).  For me personally, it just feels had Owen said "oh, Okay." and did a Burke/Mama Burke 2.0 and they plan everything,Teddy would feel upset, not included, etc etc.  

Yeah, you generally give the planner a budget and some idea of what you're looking for. They just figure out your options and handle the logistics; the couple still has to make decisions. I'm sure there are some people who would be happy to just let a pro do everything and just show up on the day* but they're probably pretty few. Most people have at least some interest in making the big day exactly what they want. (*There was one bride show where the guy basically did just that, but he still got some general sense of what the couple would like before starting; he just took it from there and they were surprised at the end.)

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

That's the problem, they dragged this out and had to "make Owen" possibly the baby daddy and now that's gone. Yet, Teddy after learning that might be the case is to go sleep with their ex. Who has basically been waiting for a chance for something like this to happen. HOWEVER... Owen has NO CLUE this even was going on. So, how is it his fault? His fault about thinking things would fall into place or just ASSUME like he has been doing for the past 8 years, people just want to "do things their way" or understand "his way". 

In the end, I would have been just Owen with: "You know what? I'm done, I'm moving away, I'm taking my adoptive son and I will share rights with you Teddy!" "Just enough!" "Fuck you Dad for making me believe kids or nothing!" Then exits.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

What is it with these people dropping huge bombs on their significant others and then getting mad when they can't definitively answer "what does this mean for us (IOW, for me!)?" in two seconds.

this 1000 times. You can't judge everything in 2 seconds. There are moments where a person's initial reaction gives away their true feelings, but standing in a stairwell and getting a poorly organized, vague "might be your baby" with no clear explanations of anything is not one of them. 

Another show goes by and still Glasses lives. Very disappointing.

I was hoping Vic and Avery would stay together. Not because they make a great couple but because (a) means he's not getting back together with Maggie and (b) I liked the idea of someone dating someone who is not working at the hospital. I don't like Station 19 but given it exists, it does create a larger dating pool where you can see other characters some but not all the time. Without it, you know the "person I met away from the hospital" relationship will never last. With it, there's a fighting chance!

I'm not a fan of Maggie and I'm not fan of Amelia but I have never minded the sisters thing. They've been through some trauma, coming to live together with the death of Derek so it makes sense to me that they would adopt more of a family structure and I have no issue with it. 

I kind of hate how shows tend to go from zero to 60 on mental health. Deluca has at least gotten a few weeks of subtle. But it's normally very "I'm fine" to "commit me now". Real life is more in between. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

This is my massive pet peeve with the show. 
People drop massive bombs and then go. "REACT THE WAY YOU WANT, OH YOU PAUSED ! YOU ARE SUCH A BUTTFACE!" #flounce. 

I always have to apply these situations if it were me. If someone told me "surprise! i fathered another baby, but we can still get married right." I would need a moment to you know. process the fact that my fiance is having a baby before my mind can get to "yeah we're still together."

Amelia threw a tantrum because Link needed a moment to realise that he might not be a dad and (shock) this could change the dynamics of their relationship.

Victoria and Jackson are fighting because people need moments to figure out things (but Jackson can't be alone but freaks out when things get too fast, so he's a horse of a different colour). 

like. be more realistic (even in a soap) like drop the bomb, let it sit then go "what does this mean.?"

also. just because you are having Hand tremours, Richard doesn't mean you can throw tantrums. like. stop. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

this 1000 times. You can't judge everything in 2 seconds. There are moments where a person's initial reaction gives away their true feelings, but standing in a stairwell and getting a poorly organized, vague "might be your baby" with no clear explanations of anything is not one of them. 

Also, yeah, why do they always do it in the stairwell (or some other public or semi-public space) at work?

(I had the same question for why Jo read Alex's letter in the middle of the lounge with people coming and going. Wouldn't you want to read that somewhere private? At least Meredith and Bailey read theirs at home.)

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

This is my massive pet peeve with the show. 
People drop massive bombs and then go. "REACT THE WAY YOU WANT, OH YOU PAUSED ! YOU ARE SUCH A BUTTFACE!" #flounce. 

I always have to apply these situations if it were me. If someone told me "surprise! i fathered another baby, but we can still get married right." I would need a moment to you know. process the fact that my fiance is having a baby before my mind can get to "yeah we're still together."

Amelia threw a tantrum because Link needed a moment to realise that he might not be a dad and (shock) this could change the dynamics of their relationship.

what's also annoying is they actually started this with Amelia having a sit down, calm conversation with Linc--which was really atypical of her but was a nice change. But then it flipped to "if you aren't certain without knowing the answer to a big question." ultimatum stuff and got crazy. I get not wanting to be with someone who is in love with the baby and not you--but you can't judge someone for trying to process through a hypothetical. 

Also in real life, we think we know how we'll feel about situations but we never 100% know until they actually happen. If you've never been a parent, you have an idea of what you think that will be like and how you will feel. You don't 100% know until you actually are in a parent role. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Well, I'm happy to read that Linc is the father, although that's what I expected.  Is it worth watching this episode?

If nothing else fast forward to the scene where Linc shows up on Amelia's doorstep.

• Love 7
Just now, anna0852 said:

The scene with Vic not putting up with Jackson's waffling is also worth watching.

And how could I forget my favorite scene - when Jo throws the drink in DeLuca's face when he was being a total douche!  Gave me hope that they weren't going to take Jo down a dark path - I much prefer her plotting her revenge on Alex by becoming amazing rather than falling into destructive behavior (and bonus points because they did not shove Linc and Jo together).

• Love 11

Re: The Rich Guy:

I just realized who is playing this sleazebag. For those of you who were fans of "The Affair," rich guy is being played by Jonathan Cake who also played super sleaze/douchbag, Furkat on that show.

• Love 2

Well...I caved and ended up watching it last night.

So, the Link/Amelia stuff pretty much ended up exactly how I imagined it would. Episodes of pointless drama because Link ended up being the father, AND he was the one forced to apologize for no real reason why Amelia got away with throwing a tantrum. But, if this ends Amelia's shitty arc this season and she goes back to post-brain tumour Amelia, then so be it. I'll gladly pretend that this never happened. 

Unfortunately, this also led to Teddy becoming a shitty person and Tom continuing to be a shitty person...and somehow got me feeling bad for Owen, who has no clue that his fiancee is cheating on him with her ex boyfriend, who she dumped for Owen in the first place (actually, didn't Teddy also cheat on Tom with Owen?). I've never really loved Teddy but have been lukewarm on her character. But now? She can go to Germany again and I'd be much happier. 

Also, Maggie's role? I was totally on her side. Plus, I came off of her scene thinking that I wouldn't be mad this time around if she told Owen about Teddy/Tom. That's what Teddy would get for cheating in the first place AND telling Maggie. And yeah, I was cheering when Maggie told Teddy "You took months to tell Owen about your pregnancy, woman! So don't be a hypocrite about my sister Amelia!" Nah, Maggie was in fine form tonight, in a positive way. Out of all the frustrations of this episode, Maggie was a highlight. More of this Maggie, show! She is clearly a lot better off without a guy in her life and without drama of her own.

And yeah, I also do not like Tom. They've completely ruined him for me. I know he's never been the nicest guy, but he had a lot more layers and he wasn't always THIS shitty of a person. No, Tom, you can't just say you're a bad guy, kiss Teddy, and expect that to be fine.

Jo was great in this episode. I'm still pissed with how Alex left and I'll never truly get over that, but I appreciate listening to Jo's perspective. I actually really love that she's mad at Alex, but she also doesn't hate him and that she's taking her relationship with him as a positive thing. It changed her for the better and that's all that matters. That's great progression for Jo. And...not only that, but it seems like Jo/Link won't be happening, which is a plus.

Richard being pissy over his hand tremor and taking it out on Bailey? Great acting, but annoying storyline. The fact that he won't say why he's quitting surgery is a bit annoying. Like, you already told Bailey that you're not doing surgery anymore. Just tell her WHY. 

Jackson/Vic? Meh. They've ruined Vic in this entire season (as someone who watches Station 19, she used to be my very favourite) and I didn't think Jackson came off well either.

• Love 10

In Richard's defense, he is dealing with the end of a career and the end of a marriage at the same time, and possibly (has he been diagnosed?) a dreadful disease.  He needs some time to grieve and deal with all of these changes.  Is he doing it with his usual grace?  Absolutely not.  I don't like Richard right now, but I am willing to wait and see what happens down the road.  He probably wants to keep this to himself for as long as possible because he doesn't want others to see him as weak and "less than" - he doesn't want to see the look of pity in Baleigh and Meredith's eyes when they realize he has lost that which has defined him for most of his life - being a surgeon.  I hope he learns to love the fact that he can continue to pass on his skills and a lifetime of knowledge to the doctors in training.

Whew!  Deep thoughts on one cup of coffee!

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

And how could I forget my favorite scene - when Jo throws the drink in DeLuca's face when he was being a total douche!  Gave me hope that they weren't going to take Jo down a dark path - I much prefer her plotting her revenge on Alex by becoming amazing rather than falling into destructive behavior (and bonus points because they did not shove Linc and Jo together).

Everything with Vic would have been fine if she would you know... TALK TO JACKSON as it was happening. She KNEW it was happening and it wasn't like her landlord threw her out that day. She even admitted it. I get not asking Dean, as you know, his ex was about to have a baby. Now, why not going with her other friend at the station, is beyond me. However, same with DeLuca's crap. I mean, GET OVER YOURSELF!

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

and I didn't think Jackson came off well either.

Yeah it wasn't great.. But it did ring true for the situation and his history... Plus I think the whole point of it was to move us closer to Dean/Vic on station 19 and give Jackson some post Maggie stiff to do... What's next may be interesting 

1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

In Richard's defense, he is dealing with the end of a career and the end of a marriage at the same time, and possibly (has he been diagnosed?) a dreadful disease.  He needs some time to grieve and deal with all of these changes.  Is he doing it with his usual grace?  Absolutely not.  I don't like Richard right now, but I am willing to wait and see what happens down the road.  He probably wants to keep this to himself for as long as possible because he doesn't want others to see him as weak and "less than" - he doesn't want to see the look of pity in Baleigh and Meredith's eyes when they realize he has lost that which has defined him for most of his life - being a surgeon.  I hope he learns to love the fact that he can continue to pass on his skills and a lifetime of knowledge to the doctors in training.

Whew!  Deep thoughts on one cup of coffee!

You know. i totally forgot about Catherine (because i hate her too). LOL. 

yeah i think all of that does = some temper tantrums (though i don't think i'd have one at work). 

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I think Teddy throw out her bombshell to Owen the stairwell as a preemptive strike in case he found out about Tom.  "It was your fault I cheated!"

pretty much that's it right there. 

• Love 5

So now Jo has to lecture us about Alex making her life better so we excuse his shitty behavior, huh? Sorry, show. Still not buying what you're selling.

LOL! x1000

Speaking of Maggie, enough with the "sisters" talk.  Blech.  You and Amelia are in no way sisters.  You and The Sun are nominally sisters.  The Sun and Amelia are nominally sisters.  Just, enough already.

Thank you. Amelia is not Maggie's sister. She is Maggie's half-sister's dead husband's sister. Which makes her . . . nothing to Maggie. 

Ironically, you know who looks like she could be Amelia's sister? Meredith. When Linc was outside in the rain pacing with the guitar and we saw Amelia through the window, for a second I thought it was Meredith. I think Caterina Scorsone bears a striking facial resemblance to Ellen Pompeo, now that I think about it.

They've been through some trauma, coming to live together with the death of Derek so it makes sense to me that they would adopt more of a family structure and I have no issue with it. 

Every character on this show has been through trauma together. By that logic they are all siblings. 

And yes, I know close friends and comrades call each other sisters and brothers in arms blah blah blah. And if you're fine with it good on you. Just know, there are those of use rolling our eyes into the backs of our heads.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Every character on this show has been through trauma together. By that logic they are all siblings. 

Exactly!  I've been best friends with someone for over 30 years and we've been through a lot together, but I would never call her my "sister."  I have a sister.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I also like Meredith pushing off Douche Rich Guy on to Jackson telling him 'your mother, your problem'. But that was in the promo.

Family is who you make it. Maggie and Amelia, who are both warm-hearted and emotional, have always been closer to each other than Meredith has been to either of them. Also Amelia's bio-sisters are the worst kind of toxic and Maggie had no sisters in her adopted family so I can understand them claiming each other.

At least it's consistent with Owen that he's always had a problem assuming that the high-powered women he's attracted to like Cristina, Amelia and Teddy, are going to do the same homebody things that Mama Hunt did for her children. (She sounds like a SuperMom, nurse, sewer of Hallowe'en costumes and amazing homemaker.) To his credit, if the woman says no, she can't do this, he will usually accept it. The problem is that Teddy is so insecure in his affections that she always assumes that she's going to get kicked to the curb. Prescription: individual and couples therapy.

I'm glad Jackson and Vic are over; they brought out the worst in each other.

I think the show was trying to connect Rich Douche Guy wanting to help the world and then using his money to buy a get-out-of-jail diagnosis with the woman who couldn't afford her insulin but it was poorly done and entirely missed the point that the reason she couldn't afford it was because it's so expensive in the US due to people like Rich Guy Douche.  Banting and Best sold their patent to the University of Toronto for $1 because they wanted everyone to be able to afford insulin. It's a modified patent formula now but the point still stands.

I once saw Jonathan Cake in a Harlequin movie and even though he played the hero, he still came off as a douche.

7 hours ago, GSManiac said:

In the real world Richard would have been suspended for his behaviour.

Sadly no. I once worked in a newsroom where the head of the news department would come in mornings and kick boxes, shouting at us that we weren't doing a good job. Only the empty boxes, he knew not to actually hurt himself. The upshot was that he got a big raise and the copy clerks at the bottom of the ladder who were barely getting by were told that they couldn't get their established 3 month raises because there wasn't any money.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

She gave him three episodes, whatever that is in Grey's time, before she broke up with him. Owen took half an episode to recommit to Teddy and make her a special dinner to apologize for taking so long.

I understand why it took Linc longer but at least hopefully this puts to rest Owen/Amelia forever.

23 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Exactly!  I've been best friends with someone for over 30 years and we've been through a lot together, but I would never call her my "sister."  I have a sister.

I do not have a sister anymore so I appreciate my friends who have been like sisters to me.  We consider ourselves "framily" - a term which I am sure is going to make some people puke - but it is a bond that as a person whose family is mostly gone I truly appreciate.

I understand that some people don't like people referring to themselves as sisters (although I hear guys refer to themselves as "bro" or "brother" all the time and nobody seems to have a problem with that), but to each their own.

• Love 5