Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E17: Life on Mars?

• Start Topic

Also Amelia's bio-sisters are the worst kind of toxic and Maggie had no sisters in her adopted family so I can understand them claiming each other.

That actually seems counter-intuitive to me. If you have a bad association with the word "sister" because your actual, biological sisters suck, why would you assign that label to someone you actually like?

I can understand someone like Maggie who grew up without siblings wishing she had them but pretending her half-sister's dead husband's sister is her sister seems pretty twee to me. Then again, everything Maggie does seems pretty twee.

Botton line . . . who the hell would want Amelia as their sister anyway? The woman barely manages to hold onto sanity on the best of days.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That actually seems counter-intuitive to me. If you have a bad association with the word "sister" because your actual, biological sisters suck, why would you assign that label to someone you actually like?

Why does someone who has been in a bad marriage get married again?

For all their issues, I'd rather have Maggie and Amelia for sisters than Meredith. She's far too self-centred for me.

• Love 8

Their few short scenes together only reinforced my opinion that Meredith has better chemistry with Tom than with anyone else the writers have attempted to pair her with since Derek. What a missed opportunity.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I do not have a sister anymore so I appreciate my friends who have been like sisters to me.  We consider ourselves "framily" - a term which I am sure is going to make some people puke - but it is a bond that as a person whose family is mostly gone I truly appreciate.

I understand that some people don't like people referring to themselves as sisters (although I hear guys refer to themselves as "bro" or "brother" all the time and nobody seems to have a problem with that), but to each their own.

I could understand if Maggie said that Amelia is "like a sister" but when Maggie says "my sister" she says it like they are biologically related, and they're not.  When guys say "brother" or "bro" I don't think they mean to imply that the other guy is related to them.  At least that's not the way I've ever interpreted it.  

But as you said, to each their own.

• Love 1

I have never been a Teddy fan and now like her even less. Why did she race to sleep with Tom? That was so stupid and fucked up given all her years of yearning for Owen.

Also, Maggie should never have told her about Amelia's baby possibly being Owen's. That was not very sisterly at all and none of her bloody business. That's just one of the reasons I also have never been a Maggie fan and also find the sister thing a bit twee. She was right, though, when she reminded Teddy that she took her time telling Owen when she was pregnant.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I could understand if Maggie said that Amelia is "like a sister" but when Maggie says "my sister" she says it like they are biologically related, and they're not.  When guys say "brother" or "bro" I don't think they mean to imply that the other guy is related to them.  At least that's not the way I've ever interpreted it.  

But as you said, to each their own.

Wait, Amelia and Maggie say they're sisters like they think they're biologically related, but two men calling each other brothers don't think that?  That does seem like a real double standard.  I've never thought Amelia and Maggie actually believe they're biological sisters when they refer to each other as sisters; it's an emotional thing, which I understand.  I'm incredibly close to my sister, so I've never felt the need to call any of my best, closest friends my brothers or sisters; still, I get why other people who don't have that kind of connection would.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, politichick said:

I have never been a Teddy fan and now like her even less. Why did she race to sleep with Tom? That was so stupid and fucked up given all her years of yearning for Owen.

Also, Maggie should never have told her about Amelia's baby possibly being Owen's. That was not very sisterly at all and none of her bloody business. That's just one of the reasons I also have never been a Maggie fan and also find the sister thing a bit twee. She was right, though, when she reminded Teddy that she took her time telling Owen when she was pregnant.

Did Maggie really tell Teddy about Amelia or did Teddy corner her and Maggie's face gave it away?  I don't remember exactly, but Teddy put Maggie in an impossible situation.

Teddy has never felt that Owen truly loves her the most but she knows that Tom does.  Basically she used Tom because of his adoration of her, which makes it even worse.  (Kind of reminds me of the Meredith/Derek/Addison "Chose Me" era.)  Teddy let her own insecurities drive her to doing something that probably is going to make her lose everything - unless DeLuca kills either Teddy or Owen next week.  I mean - we didn't have a significant death so far this season (unless you are counting Richard's niece).

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Did Maggie really tell Teddy about Amelia or did Teddy corner her and Maggie's face gave it away?  I don't remember exactly, but Teddy put Maggie in an impossible situation.

Teddy cornered her and asked about it, and Maggie didn't want to say anything. But Teddy kind of forced her to say whether or not she was crazy for suspecting, and Maggie said she was not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Yeah for once I want to give Maggie a little slack. Once Teddy demanded to know whether or not she was crazy for wondering if Amelia's baby could be Owen's there was no good way for Maggie to respond. Had she said "I'm not at liberty to discuss this with you" even that would have been more or less a dead giveaway. She could have so "no" or "I have no idea" but she's not a very good liar.

Wait, Amelia and Maggie say they're sisters like they think they're biologically related, but two men calling each other brothers don't think that?  That does seem like a real double standard.

I can't think of an instance where two men call each other their "brother" like that. "Bro" doesn't count. I could see someone saying "he's like a brother to me" but what Maggie actually said was "that's my sister you're talking about." That's just weird IMO. If she'd said "Amelia is like a sister to me" I'd be fine with that - people say stuff like that all the time. But if I were Teddy I would have been like "Wait . . . what?"

• Love 2

I'm hating Teddy more and more. She's like a hormonal teenager based off of incomplete information. She cheats on Owen twice with Korasik now, based off of incomplete information. How can you be this stupid? Owen, after finally learning he might be Amelia's baby's father, doesn't answer fast enough, and Teddy concludes he might choose Amelia. Seriously. Do you have no faith at all in Owen. First sign of trouble or uncertainty, let me run to Korasik again. Ugh

And I know Maggie wants to protect her "sister," but the shut the hell up about how long Teddy waited to tell Owen. You couldn't handle that Teddy hadn't told Owen about the baby, and you wound up violating HIPPA and blabbing to Meredith. That wasn't your place to say anything. So keep your judgement about how Teddy handled her pregnancy to yourself.

It also seems like, out of nowhere, the writers had Jackson looking for a reason to break up with Vic. Is he really that threatened by Dean that he doesn't like that she's moving in with him? And Dean probably has lot more on his mind with his baby than he does in having a relationship with Vic. Vic needs a place to stay, and according to you, it's too early to move in together. And now, you can't handle sudden changes because of your previous relationship history? 

To have a relationship ended based on living arrangements that morphed into what stage they were at in their relationship seems pretty petty to me. Couples go through this all the time and they work it out. It seems the writers are just trying to create drama for the sake of drama.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Exactly!  I've been best friends with someone for over 30 years and we've been through a lot together, but I would never call her my "sister."  I have a sister.

Yeah, I’ve been best friends with someone since 13, and while I consider her a sister, whenever I’m describing her to someone, I say, “She’s like a sister.” The way these three act, you’d get the impression they are blood sisters. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

I'm hating Teddy more and more. She's like a hormonal teenager based off of incomplete information. She cheats on Owen twice with Korasik now, based off of incomplete information. How can you be this stupid? Owen, after finally learning he might be Amelia's baby's father, doesn't answer fast enough, and Teddy concludes he might choose Amelia. Seriously. Do you have no faith at all in Owen. First sign of trouble or uncertainty, let me run to Korasik again. Ugh

And I know Maggie wants to protect her "sister," but the shut the hell up about how long Teddy waited to tell Owen. You couldn't handle that Teddy hadn't told Owen about the baby, and you wound up violating HIPPA and blabbing to Meredith. That wasn't your place to say anything. So keep your judgement about how Teddy handled her pregnancy to yourself.

Krista and the writers are always stuck on the main problems with both characters. Teddy acts first and with whatever will take her mind off of things. Maggie keeps and still acts like she is an 11 year old. There comes a point, where honestly their self destructive behavior is going to really ruin EVERYTHING for them. At this point, Teddy you and Krovic can just leave the hospital and never come back. Owen should just take his adoptive son move in with his mother and just share custody rights. 

Maggie, just go away! Seriously! Just go away!

I have spent the last few weeks doing a rewatch of S1-S11 of Grey's and believe me, this has made the current episodes seem SO much worse. Everyone is pretty much phoning it in. Characters I barely know and don't like get screen time way beyond what they require or deserve. I don't watch Station 19 and am not planning to, but because of this a few of the most recent GA episodes have been bloody confusing because of referring to situations or plots or characters about which I know nothing. I think the sooner they give this show a decent funeral, the better. And to think the show runners got rid of Arizona and April because they had nowhere to go as characters. Jeez, what have things come to that I almost look forward to scenes with Teddy or Amelia because at least they're not the boring nameless interns. 

• Love 1

Maybe I am glad that Link is a father.. but.. I always thought that Amelia and Owen were meant to be.. Teddy doesn´t deserve him. What she has done was pretty awful.  So small part inside of me was hoping, that father of the baby is Owen. Because I also think that there is some kind of chemistry between Jo a Link, so I would be happy to see them in a future not just only as friends. But I get it. Jo needs some time to get over what happend with Alex. 

Tbh If Richard will leave, Grey´s anatomy will lost another good character. We´ll see. 

And I also hate DeLuca lately. I hope he will be normal again soon. 

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, mytmo said:

So glad Linc is the father.  I now have closure and can move on.  My Thursday night 9:00 time slot is now free.

Mine is on, I'm back to watching now that I've read this plot is resolved and Amelia and LInc are back together. They are pretty much the only characters (and relationship) I'm interested in any more.
I have no lost love for Teddy, but this is serious character assassination right there. When did strong, capable Teddy became this messy ridiculous person?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Sarnia said:

Mine is on, I'm back to watching now that I've read this plot is resolved and Amelia and LInc are back together. They are pretty much the only characters (and relationship) I'm interested in any more.
I have no lost love for Teddy, but this is serious character assassination right there. When did strong, capable Teddy became this messy ridiculous person?

Then what is going to happen when it is revealed to EVERYONE that Linc is the father. Then Teddy is a complete dumbass while Owen will be: "Oh thank God, I dodge that bullet." Little does he know how much life is going to come crashing down on him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, readster said:

Then what is going to happen when it is revealed to EVERYONE that Linc is the father. Then Teddy is a complete dumbass while Owen will be: "Oh thank God, I dodge that bullet." Little does he know how much life is going to come crashing down on him. 

They'll probably make Teddy pregnant again.

• LOL 8
On 3/13/2020 at 11:49 PM, WinJet0819 said:

To me, it seems like Teddy seized upon Amelia's baby-daddy question as an excuse to cheat on Owen.  I don't know if it's because of insecurity (I'll cheat on/dump you before you dump me!) ,or if she has intimacy issues (runs from a real chance at a lasting, real relationship), or if she was a "thrill of the chase" person and Owen only interested her when she couldn't have him. 

Whatever it is, if she really wanted to be with Owen, she would have wanted to clear things up with him, and would not have jumped to another man like that.

• Love 4

This show sucks so bad. Linc is the only good thing really but they are just gonna fuck that up somehow. I hate Station 19 too and refuse to watch so I sometimes just don’t get what’s going on.

• Love 2