Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Grinning From Ear to Ear

Trini
  • Start Topic

Batwoman and Luke are on the trail of a villain targeting social media mavens. Sophie gets an unexpected visit from her mother, and Mary offers her expertise to assist Kate. Jacob Kane is approached to make good on a favor, while Alice focuses on her plans for retribution.

Michael Blundell directed the episode written by Denise Harkavy.

Airdate: 3/8/2020

010-bw-season1-episode14.jpg

Duela Dent was sufficiently creepy. Well done show.

Oh good Mouse is inhaling fear toxin. Cause he’s not creepy enough. 

Sophie coming out to her mom was well done.

Not gonna lie the lawyer at the start was super hot when he was casually threatening Jacob.

Loved Mary’s talk with Kate. Hope Kate tells her the truth. 

• Love 3

Great to see that with an episode centering on a face slasher, Alice is still the most unnerving thing there. And that was before she was playing with her "mask" at the end. No. Unless it's Felicity screwing with Christopher Chance's Ollie mask . . . no.

Is anyone getting annoying by Vesper? I get that she has a role to fill as a chorus of sorts, but listening to her quip about someone who got disfigured is a bit much, even for Gotham City.*

This was Mary this week: "Sounds like you got a lot on your plate, Kate. If you need me, you know where to find me. And I mean if you really, really, REALLY need me. For anything. Any-darn-thing you can think of, I can be very invaluable to you. Seriously!"

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Nice that his dad labeled the tank. Thanks, World's Worst Dad!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think this is actually the first episode where a thought crossed my mind when we had the reveal with the skin mask: "How the hell is this an 8pm show?" Showing Face Slasher's...well, slashed face after Alice cut off her skin was surprisingly disturbing. If they can get away with that at 8pm, imagine if they moved the show to 9pm.

So, seeing Sophie and Kate happy was a refreshing change. I actually really enjoyed Sophie this episode. It's not that I hated her, but I just didn't connect with her, or with her and Kate. But here, it actually worked for me. I felt so bad for her when her mom rejected her during her coming out scene. 

Though it bugs me that they completely backtracked on Sophie's suspicions on Batwoman being Kate. It would have been an awesome thing for Sophie/Mary to bond on. I kind of wish that Sophie still suspected that Batwoman was Kate, so I'm hoping for a double fake-out here.

Speaking of Mary, it's so interesting to see that she knows Kate's secret but nobody else does. Watching her interactions with Kate added a great perspective. I really liked her end scene. It definitely should have sent some warning bells in Kate's direction but I guess it's easier as an audience member with the knowledge to call it out. But man, Mary was definitely laying it on thick with the whole "I hope you can trust me to keep any secrets you may have!" 

I liked Alice's scenes here. Having the psychiatrist basically tell her what she needs to hear and how she didn't end up listening? Well, duh, of course things would go badly! And Mouse's current position doesn't look fun.

• Love 5

Geesh, it's not just that Sophie's mother is homophobic, but she's also the sort of mother who arrives without any advance notice, at night, and just lets herself in? And then has the nerve to ask her highly experienced and qualified daughter how she's going to find another job? Like, several other security companies have been mentioned on this show, Sophie's mother. Not to mention that it sounds like the regular Gotham police could really use the help. Sophie will be fine, at least financially. 

Speaking of Sophie's mother, though, how can she be sure that Batman is straight? Bruce Wayne, sure, but since apparently no one in Gotham has made that connection, are there pictures of Batman and Catwoman floating around or something? Because without that, for all she knows Batman could have spent his nights hooking up with Joker. Or, ok, Superman.

Still loving Vesper, even if I'm in the minority here. And Mary remains the best. 

• Love 7

Heh, of course Alice would be offended over how lame "her" obituary was.  But, hey, at least she realizes she has problems and seeking out therapy!  Now, if only she would quit killing her therapists...

Interesting that Mary isn't going to confront Kate about being Batwoman, and is instead hoping that they'll get to the point that Kate will trust her enough to come clean herself.  Granted, I would think Kate would at least have some suspicions after that last conversation that Mary might know something, but I like that Mary isn't trying to push anything, and is leaving it up to Kate if/when she tells her and hopefully lets her in.

Duela was a good (and creepy) villain of the week.  I'm glad they quickly dismissed the idea of Mary being a target, because they might have ran the "Mary is in peril!" into the ground a bit.

So, yeah... Sophie's mom really is a piece of work.  It's just sad that there really are parents out there that would act like that, if they found out their child was gay.  I guess we'll see if she ever comes around (granted, in television, when a parent sees the error of their ways, it is usually quickly followed by death.)  While I'm still not wild about the character, I thought Meagan Tandy did good here.

Looks like the guy that saved Jacob in prison was the one that was put away for Lucius Fox's murder.  But he very well might not have been the one behind it?  I guess this could give Luke some meaty material for upcoming episodes.

Now that the Campbell/August twist is out in the open, it's fun seeing how both Sebastian Roche and John Emmet Tracy play the character, and how similar their performances are in a lot of ways.

Mouse has been hooked up to fear gas.  Oh, boy!

• Love 5

This episode actually made the Sophie/Batwoman thing make more sense. Obviously, we all know why Batwoman would kiss Sophie, but Sophie barely knows Batwoman and has had only a few moments of contact with her. If we think about how a strong, capable lesbian who necessarily has to be kept a secret would appeal to Sophie, it makes more sense. I call bullshit on her not realizing it's Kate after kissing her, though. Weren't they together for quite a while?

Sophie's mother is bad, but I personally know people whose parents reacted much worse, so sadly that whole scene was quite realistic.

Kate must at least suspect that Mary knows, right? I hope she actually tells her at some point soon. Sophie, too. Let's stop dragging this stuff out and get the core Bat team together already.

I like that this potential cover-up re: Lucius Fox's murder will give Luke some more substantial material while also tying in the Crows. It feels like all of the storylines on this show are progressing nicely.

• Love 6

Geez Kate, Mary came within inches of calling herself your side-kick - get your brain working. Though it's a refreshing change of pace from the normal hero-reveal and Kate being ignorant of what's right in front of her is mirroring Sophie's ignorance of the same. Unfortunately I'm still not on board with Sophie as I just don't see the chemistry. But I felt for Sophie in the scenes with her mother.

And yep, Vesper quipping about the face-slashing was a bit too much given how huge a problem acid-attacks are in some places (and increasingly becoming one in others).

• Love 3
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Looks like the guy that saved Jacob in prison was the one that was put away for Lucius Fox's murder.  But he very well might not have been the one behind it?  I guess this could give Luke some meaty material for upcoming episodes.

Yeah, seems like some Crows were behind Lucius's murder.  This should push Jacob out of the Crows, and to helping Batwoman.

• Love 1

I really like that they're leaning into the horror aspects of the show... and Batwoman even had a few minutes of doing Batwomany things! But, Harvey Dent is still a respected ADA?  Weird continuity they have going on.

Also, did they say Duela's father was unknown, or did they just not mention him? Because the character has claimed many parentages in the comics.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Geez Kate, Mary came within inches of calling herself your side-kick - get your brain working. Though it's a refreshing change of pace from the normal hero-reveal and Kate being ignorant of what's right in front of her is mirroring Sophie's ignorance of the same. Unfortunately I'm still not on board with Sophie as I just don't see the chemistry. But I felt for Sophie in the scenes with her mother.

I have hope that Mary will soon be a fully fledged member of the team and we don't drag this out forever especially as a doctor on the team would be very useful and also give Luke someone else to play off on a more regular basis. I like the fact that she's giving Kate time to tell her though and isn't burning the world down to spite her like Lena.

I'm still not on board with Sophie/Batwoman/Kate either. For me there's not enough chemistry there with Kate in either role to warrant them pining for each other for finding an instant connection with Batwoman, although an out superhero would definitely be a draw to in the closet Sophie. I am very glad that we're getting more of her POV than we have been with her mother and coming out to her. It was rough but at least it's done for better or worse. It's something of a before and after moment for everyone that experiences it. 

She should be suspecting about Kate/Batwoman though. She was basically convinced in early episodes and not only does she have intimate experience with both there's only so many people who have access to that kind of money, technology and training. 

Interesting that the show is going for a horror vibe with the violence with last week's and this week's especially, though I'm not surprised with August Cartwright around. Those skin masks are just all around creepy. Shudder.

• Love 1

Rachel Skarsten is the best thing in this series. Can't get enough of her being bat-shit crazy. I hooe they don't kill her off in the future, cause the show will become boring.

Was not surprised regarding Sophie's mom. On the other hand, the way she was portrayed she might as well have been dissappointed for the fact that Sophie pours milk first, then adds cerial.

Love the gory bits as well. Definately the tone reminds me of Gotham.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I will forever be baffled that they decided to air Batwoman before Supergirl when the latter is more family-friendly.

I loved the case of the week.

Sophie and Batwoman made a good team but I understand why they broke up. It's actually what I wanted. If they intend to go down that route, they have to let Sophie in on the secret first. I liked that Kate decided to end things not because she thought Sophie needed to be protected but because she felt they both deserved a chance at something more real which led to Sophie coming out to her mom. I liked the build-up and the resolution. The coming out scene was painful but needed. I actually laughed when the mom pushed Sophie to go after her epic love from the academy when she had spent the first scene being extremely pragmatic and acting like Tyler was perfection. Of course she changed her tune the second she found out the person who made her daughter truly happy was a woman.

I hope Kate will tell Mary soon. Their last conversation and Kate tearing up made me think she feels guilty for lying to Mary.

Reopening the case of Lucius Fox's death should give Luke more of a story. He's a likable character and I hope they give him something more to do and start exploring his backstory and familial relationships.

The skin masks are disgusting.

Still love Vesper.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rushmoras said:

Rachel Skarsten is the best thing in this series. Can't get enough of her being bat-shit crazy. I hooe they don't kill her off in the future, cause the show will become boring.

I doubt they'll actually kill her off in the first season finale. They know RS is a big part in giving the show it's own hook rather than just being a random female version of Batman/Arrow. There's also a lot of places they could be tempted to go with the sisters/redemption angle still, which they show Alice being alternatively telling Kate Beth is dead don't bother with the begging and being very upset when Kate gives up on her.

However this 'Verse is full of villains who were awesome in their time but wore out their welcome because they kept coming back and sometimes got a half assed redemption storyline to keep them around, so we'll see how it goes. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, quarks said:

Speaking of Sophie's mother, though, how can she be sure that Batman is straight?

I am reasonably sure that obsessively dressing like a bat puts you somewhere on the queer spectrum. All we can say for sure is that he was very butch, which proves nothing.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Was not surprised regarding Sophie's mom. On the other hand, the way she was portrayed she might as well have been dissappointed for the fact that Sophie pours milk first, then adds cerial.

True. I was hoping when Sophie's mom was listed all the things she had to deal with - being a woman of color, working in a primarily male profession - that she would express sadness that being gay was added to that, but no. Just straight up disappointment and rejection. Points for accuracy though.

• Love 2
On 3/9/2020 at 12:09 AM, quarks said:

Geesh, it's not just that Sophie's mother is homophobic, but she's also the sort of mother who arrives without any advance notice, at night, and just lets herself in? And then has the nerve to ask her highly experienced and qualified daughter how she's going to find another job? Like, several other security companies have been mentioned on this show, Sophie's mother. Not to mention that it sounds like the regular Gotham police could really use the help. Sophie will be fine, at least financially. 

Speaking of Sophie's mother, though, how can she be sure that Batman is straight? Bruce Wayne, sure, but since apparently no one in Gotham has made that connection, are there pictures of Batman and Catwoman floating around or something? Because without that, for all she knows Batman could have spent his nights hooking up with Joker. Or, ok, Superman.

Sophie's mother presumably (and erroneously, obvs)  thinks everybody is straight until or unless they have a Kara Danvers story outing them or are caught in the middle of "homosexual" acts.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2020 at 6:32 AM, rogvortex58 said:

So Jacob isn’t actually involved with the crows corruption. He’s just completely ignorant of it.

What a fucking idiot.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, Featherhat said:

I doubt they'll actually kill her off in the first season finale. They know RS is a big part in giving the show it's own hook rather than just being a random female version of Batman/Arrow. There's also a lot of places they could be tempted to go with the sisters/redemption angle still,

Is she still redeemable?  She has a higher body count than Charles Manson.  She's gotta go in the finale.

• Love 2
On 3/8/2020 at 11:31 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I think this is actually the first episode where a thought crossed my mind when we had the reveal with the skin mask: "How the hell is this an 8pm show?" Showing Face Slasher's...well, slashed face after Alice cut off her skin was surprisingly disturbing. If they can get away with that at 8pm, imagine if they moved the show to 9pm.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:49 PM, Starry said:

I will forever be baffled that they decided to air Batwoman before Supergirl when the latter is more family-friendly.

With CW only having two hours of primetime programming, the timeslot doesn't have anything to do with the content. That being said, yeah, this should be on after Supergirl. But there was probably a better chance of more viewers in the earlier timeslot.

----

So many secrets in this one!

So Kate broke up with Sophie twice now? That's gonna be fun when she finally finds out Kate is Batwoman!

Aw, I like Mary's reactions to Kate's secret. She just wants to be part of the team!

Wait - so did Lucius Fox die on Batman's watch? Because that would be something he would have investigated thoroughly, right?

• Love 2

Duela was a really creepy villain, the opening scene was the most chilling thing the show has done so far, and those creepy masks and her skinless face! Ugh! I like it though, it had a very Gotham kind of vibe for awhile. Granted, we are clearly nowhere near Professor Pig dancing around a bunch of soon to be murdered people around a table waving a bloody knife while singing "They had it Coming" but its still pretty cool. So I guess Harvey still just has his one face as of now? 

I love Mary basically begging to become Kate's new sidekick, its an interesting dynamic for them to have between her and Kate, where Mary knows who Kate is, but Kate has no idea she knows (They dont KNOW we know we know...) and Mary is kind of hurt that Kate hasn't told her, but is mostly just waiting for Kate to feel comfortable enough to tell her. I mean, come on Kate she is being pretty freaking obvious! 

It looks like there was a cover up with Luscious Fox's death, which should give both Jacob and Luke some new interesting stories, especially Luke. I think he is a really good character, and am excited to see him get more to do besides sidekick stuff. 

Alice and Mary have an interesting dynamic, I like exploring it a bit more. See, Cartwright is someone I can get behind Alice killing! Of course it looks like he could be turning Mouse into the new version of  the Scarecrow, or is actually one himself. Father of the year that one! 

Poor Sophie, her mom really sucks.

• Love 5

I have really been enjoying this show. The villains for the most part are extremely interesting. The only boring thing for me is Sophie. I just can't seem to care about her character.

The one major nitpick I have is that Kate isn't being Batman-y enough when investigating thing while in costume. She is never really in the shadows. She saunters into warehouses, meanders through peoples homes or offices, all while flashing her Bat-light around casually, like she's out for a Sunday stroll. Creep through the rafters, hide in shadowy corners, keep a low profile.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, scarynikki12 said:

Duela Dent was sufficiently creepy. Well done show.

Sophie coming out to her mom was well done.

Not gonna lie the lawyer at the start was super hot when he was casually threatening Jacob.

Loved Mary’s talk with Kate. Hope Kate tells her the truth. 

Really? He wasn't Harry Hamlin. 

On 3/9/2020 at 3:18 AM, Lantern7 said:

Great to see that with an episode centering on a face slasher, Alice is still the most unnerving thing there. And that was before she was playing with her "mask" at the end. No. Unless it's Felicity screwing with Christopher Chance's Ollie mask . . . no.

Is anyone getting annoying by Vesper? I get that she has a role to fill as a chorus of sorts, but listening to her quip about someone who got disfigured is a bit much, even for Gotham City.*

This was Mary this week: "Sounds like you got a lot on your plate, Kate. If you need me, you know where to find me. And I mean if you really, really, REALLY need me. For anything. Any-darn-thing you can think of, I can be very invaluable to you. Seriously!"

They seem to be reducing her role, it depends if you like Rachel Maddow as a broadcaster I presume? 

On 3/9/2020 at 3:31 AM, Lady Calypso said:

So, seeing Sophie and Kate happy was a refreshing change. I actually really enjoyed Sophie this episode. It's not that I hated her, but I just didn't connect with her, or with her and Kate. But here, it actually worked for me. I felt so bad for her when her mom rejected her during her coming out scene. 

Though it bugs me that they completely backtracked on Sophie's suspicions on Batwoman being Kate. It would have been an awesome thing for Sophie/Mary to bond on. I kind of wish that Sophie still suspected that Batwoman was Kate, so I'm hoping for a double fake-out here.

Speaking of Mary, it's so interesting to see that she knows Kate's secret but nobody else does. Watching her interactions with Kate added a great perspective. I really liked her end scene. It definitely should have sent some warning bells in Kate's direction but I guess it's easier as an audience member with the knowledge to call it out. But man, Mary was definitely laying it on thick with the whole "I hope you can trust me to keep any secrets you may have!" 

I liked Alice's scenes here. Having the psychiatrist basically tell her what she needs to hear and how she didn't end up listening? Well, duh, of course things would go badly! And Mouse's current position doesn't look fun.

In the UK they've moved the show to 1020 lately. 

Maybe J Crane has some sort of franchise?

On 3/9/2020 at 12:17 PM, MissLucas said:

And yep, Vesper quipping about the face-slashing was a bit too much given how huge a problem acid-attacks are in some places (and increasingly becoming one in others).

Yeah but if you screened out every crime that happens in real life and upsets people you'd have no crime shows. 

On 3/9/2020 at 2:35 PM, MarkHB said:

I really like that they're leaning into the horror aspects of the show... and Batwoman even had a few minutes of doing Batwomany things! But, Harvey Dent is still a respected ADA?  Weird continuity they have going on.

Also, did they say Duela's father was unknown, or did they just not mention him? Because the character has claimed many parentages in the comics.

But intriguing, you also note Jim Gordon isn't head of the GCPD? 

• Love 1
On 3/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, sugarbaker design said:

What a fucking idiot.

Is she still redeemable?  She has a higher body count than Charles Manson.  She's gotta go in the finale.

So had Barbara Keen but she was still redeemed in the end (presumably Jim cut a deal with Harvey Dent and got her a pardon in return for her testimony?)

On 3/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, CletusMusashi said:

Kate could still do something to throw Mary off the trail. Maybe start wearing glasses.

Maybe a straw boater too? 

On 3/9/2020 at 6:31 PM, Featherhat said:

I have hope that Mary will soon be a fully fledged member of the team and we don't drag this out forever especially as a doctor on the team would be very useful and also give Luke someone else to play off on a more regular basis. I like the fact that she's giving Kate time to tell her though and isn't burning the world down to spite her like Lena.

I'm still not on board with Sophie/Batwoman/Kate either. For me there's not enough chemistry there with Kate in either role to warrant them pining for each other for finding an instant connection with Batwoman, although an out superhero would definitely be a draw to in the closet Sophie. I am very glad that we're getting more of her POV than we have been with her mother and coming out to her. It was rough but at least it's done for better or worse. It's something of a before and after moment for everyone that experiences it. 

She should be suspecting about Kate/Batwoman though. She was basically convinced in early episodes and not only does she have intimate experience with both there's only so many people who have access to that kind of money, technology and training. 

Interesting that the show is going for a horror vibe with the violence with last week's and this week's especially, though I'm not surprised with August Cartwright around. Those skin masks are just all around creepy. Shudder.

The Batverse always had a more gothic, horror orientated vibe than the rest of the DC verse. 

On 3/11/2020 at 9:48 PM, Trini said:

With CW only having two hours of primetime programming, the timeslot doesn't have anything to do with the content. That being said, yeah, this should be on after Supergirl. But there was probably a better chance of more viewers in the earlier timeslot.

----

So many secrets in this one!

So Kate broke up with Sophie twice now? That's gonna be fun when she finally finds out Kate is Batwoman!

Aw, I like Mary's reactions to Kate's secret. She just wants to be part of the team!

Wait - so did Lucius Fox die on Batman's watch? Because that would be something he would have investigated thoroughly, right?

Exactly what I thought? The possibilities are intriguing. 

On 3/12/2020 at 9:43 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I have really been enjoying this show. The villains for the most part are extremely interesting. The only boring thing for me is Sophie. I just can't seem to care about her character.

The one major nitpick I have is that Kate isn't being Batman-y enough when investigating thing while in costume. She is never really in the shadows. She saunters into warehouses, meanders through peoples homes or offices, all while flashing her Bat-light around casually, like she's out for a Sunday stroll. Creep through the rafters, hide in shadowy corners, keep a low profile.

Sort of pointless when you have bright red hair?

1. Interesting little scene where Sophie goes to Cartwright for help in the investigation and he is fully co-operative, you keep expecting him to be resistant but actually he's happy to help, much as he was happy to help Jacob be released. He only seems to be evil when it comes to mouse? 

2. So, the Crows have their secrets too? I wonder is this genuine corruption or noble cause corruption? And if there was more to Lucius' murder than it seemed wouldn't Batman have figured it out? 

3. I hope Alice didn't kill the shrink, it would be nice if she kept him around to help her work through her feelings.  

4. Boy, they're not skipping on the blood and gore, are they? 

5. So the villainesses uncle is (and note the 'is') beloved ADA Harvey Dent. But we don't know who her father is? Could it be Dent and inbreeding is behind her mental illness? In this continuity could it be she who throws the acid?   

6. Boy, check out Alice's fishnets, the character has become hypersexualised in popular culture in recent years;

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=WgPIzJnY&id=3DDAC82418F4CD8C6ADAEA9DA94658C63C0FA0F6&thid=OIP.WgPIzJnYpFYBMOVgzydjCAHaLO&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fi.pinimg.com%2f736x%2f98%2faf%2ffb%2f98affb9f41983a18ce9e29f994059505--fairytale-fantasies-sexy-cartoons.jpg&exph=1116&expw=736&q=sexy+alice+in+wonderland&simid=608050889463826553&ck=FCB0D3B77C81D4B457073AADB85BA964&selectedIndex=32&ajaxhist=0

But this series has been the exception, maybe that's changing.

7. Speaking of which, check out Sophie in her top? Her scene with her mother is depressing but I like her coffee with Mary. But come on, you've got to know Batwoman is Kate! 

8. So what does Alice need those medical supplies for? To torture Cartwright? 

9. Some nice little Luke/Kate moments, the murder of Lucius being reinvestigated may bring him to the fore. 

10. Come on Kate, let Mary in! You both know you want it. 

11. Some nice little Joker origin vibes with the victim above the vat of chemicals, shame they didn't think to put a red hood on her outfit. But was anyone else yelling "Swing you dumbo, swing!"

12. So the doc is doping up his son with the Scarecrow's fear toxin? This can't have anything to do with Alice as he thought she was dead, was he going to use this to control him? 

8/10

So Batwoman is getting her very own Joker?

"Nobody needs to find out"? Because you've been doing such a bang up job of keeping your identity secret so far!

Hey Lady! 911! You had your phone in your hand! Just drop the magic words "and I'm rich" and they should dispatch a squad car. OK, it might not arrive in time, but it at least gives you a shot.

Luke bringing the snark - "Dog ate my break up!" 

Batwoman uses a penlight!? What happened to UV goggles?

OK, I've never yet been abducted by a psychopath and suspended over a vat of acid, but I definitely wouldn't ask them to "Let me down" (It's very reminiscent of The Dark Knight's "Let her go"). "Poor choice of words", indeed.

That was one dedicated psychiatrist! Shame we (presumably) won't see him again.

Did like Alice's "Hey, I'm only stealing what you stole first" attitude and her twisted loyalty toward certain people (I guess she'd see them like pets) - she already allows Kate to stroll into her lair unmolested and it looks like she's extending the same "courtesy" toward Mary.

Thanks, World's Worst Dad!

Not a good week for parents all round (and E4 showed it on Father's Day, which has to be a coincidence!), what with Sophie's mom as well.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:09 AM, quarks said:

Speaking of Sophie's mother, though, how can she be sure that Batman is straight?

My thought exactly! But I doubt Bats ever put out a press statement saying he was gay (or whatever) so people just assumed. Look at how people reacted to the revelation that Rock Hudson was gay, even (to a lesser extent, because it couldn't be that surprising) Liberace.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:11 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Looks like the guy that saved Jacob in prison was the one that was put away for Lucius Fox's murder.  But he very well might not have been the one behind it?

Couldn't believe Jacob's ingratitude there. He could at least have looked into his case (which would have turned up the irregularities in the arrest) in repayment. But I thought the Crows were all about "Doing what had to be done" and not being bound by the same regulations the GCPD (theoretically) are - now he's surprised his men sometimes act outside the law?

On 3/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, CletusMusashi said:

Kate could still do something to throw Mary off the trail. Maybe start wearing glasses.

We know that's an ironclad defence no facial recognition can penetrate in the DCU!

On 3/9/2020 at 8:24 PM, Rushmoras said:

On the other hand, the way she was portrayed she might as well have been disappointed for the fact that Sophie pours milk first, then adds cereal.

But only complete monsters would do that!