Type keyword(s) to search

Leah McSweeney: Designer to the Mob

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ichbin said:

It wasn't flattering.  I'll leave it at that.  

I checked out Reddit, didn’t find that, and am still curious about what people said, but did find this- Wow!

McSweeney as co-host, with writer Nancy Rommelmann, of videos posted on a YouTube channel called #MeNeither. ...

...in the first video posted on the #MeNeither YouTube channel, Rommelmann and McSweeney expressed skepticism about the motives and credibility of Asia Argento and Rose McGowan, actors who accused producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment and assault.

• Love 1

As expected, she said she will be back.  I'm sure she gave in.  BRAVO doesn't fool around.  They just cut Ne-Ne.  It's reported Teddi is out.  And RHONY started filming last week without Leah.  She needs the paycheck.  But expect a rough season for her.  Her allies are gone.  There will be other newbies.  And the rumored names seem more a fit with the veteran cast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

It wasn't flattering.  I'll leave it at that.  

I searched Reddit as well and couldn't find the post you were referencing - can you give us a hint? a broad summation? Now my curiosity is getting the better of me!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I searched Reddit as well and couldn't find the post you were referencing - can you give us a hint? a broad summation? Now my curiosity is getting the better of me!

If anyone finds it please post.  I’m curious too.  I’m not that good with that forum and doubt I’d find it if you guys didn’t.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

17 hours ago, Jextella said:

Could we at least get a link? I searched and couldn't find anything.  Or maybe DM me with the link if they aren't allowed to be posted?

I didn't take note of the sub I was on when I found it and I took a brief look but haven't found it again.  I'll be honest and say I just don't feel like taking the time to hunt for it.  All I can remember reading is the age of 17 was referenced, stuff about blow jobs, and something about the baby daddy having had a girlfriend of several years at the time this one came on the scene. Some responses accused the poster of slut shaming. I have no way of telling  if the person is on the level, or how true the information is. It's in the depths of Reddit somewhere. I would help if I had taken note of how far into the season it had been posted.  

• Love 6
On 9/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, heatherchandler said:

Well this suggests she is coming back next season. Many of these women have nose jobs after they see how they look when the show airs. 

I give her credit for admitting it. I wonder if this isn't the first though. Her nose looked bigger in earlier photos than it did during the show. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 5
On 9/21/2020 at 5:54 PM, heatherchandler said:

I checked out Reddit, didn’t find that, and am still curious about what people said, but did find this- Wow!

McSweeney as co-host, with writer Nancy Rommelmann, of videos posted on a YouTube channel called #MeNeither. ...

...in the first video posted on the #MeNeither YouTube channel, Rommelmann and McSweeney expressed skepticism about the motives and credibility of Asia Argento and Rose McGowan, actors who accused producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment and assault.

Leah wrote about Asia/Bourdain for Penthouse. There was a big Instagram war, she even got in to it with Mira Sorvino. As messy as it all became Leah didn’t deserve the nastiness she received for asking many of the same questions (about Bourdain’s death, and Asia/Rose’s antics at the time) that so many others did. 

2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Well this suggests she is coming back next season. Many of these women have nose jobs after they see how they look when the show airs. 

I give her credit for admitting it. I wonder if this isn't the first though. Her nose looked bigger in earlier photos than it did during the show. 

I’m curious if it’s a revision. Her nose looks bigger in older photos/her mugshot. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I’m curious if it’s a revision. Her nose looks bigger in older photos/her mugshot. 

My intent here is truly not to be derisive.  It does look like she might have tweaked the original prior to the current operation.  We've seen both her parents. There was a good chance their kids would have noses of a particular size.  Seriously, not trying to be funny.  Genetics and all that.    

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

My intent here is truly not to be derisive.  It does look like she might have tweaked the original prior to the current operation.  We've seen both her parents. There was a good chance their kids would have noses of a particular size.  Seriously, not trying to be funny.  Genetics and all that.    

I understand! I didn’t realize the mugshot on the tshirts was her until she mentioned it on her old podcast because the nose/face looked different. Not shaming at all. 

I’m finally caught up on episodes and I was taken aback by the bipolar thing. Leah has been very, very open over the years on her podcast (sex, ho-ing Her word not mine, drugs) in her advice columns (telling people having affairs to not feel guilty) And even on her own Instagram up until joining the show. What’s showing up on the show is not only a very sanitized version of who she is. I didn’t understand the I have to explain to my daughter stuff because her daughter has witnessed a lot already (from what she’s said over the years) and Kier was embarrassed by Leah’s weed/edibles usage and Leah blamed her Mom for putting it in Kier’s head that it’s a drug and bad for you. So I found it confusing for someone whose put so much out there over the years to suddenly clutch pearls. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I’m finally caught up on episodes and I was taken aback by the bipolar thing. Leah has been very, very open over the years on her podcast (sex, ho-ing Her word not mine, drugs) in her advice columns (telling people having affairs to not feel guilty) And even on her own Instagram up until joining the show.

I get the impression everything this woman does is for the sole purpose of getting attention. I'm guessing she would have a different view of someone cheating on her.  So much for integrity. Seriously, the more I learn, the more there is to dislike, and not in a love to hate kind of way that makes her interesting to watch on TV. The only reason I am still reading about her at all is in hope that I will read she is definitely not returning to RHoNY.  

Edited by ichbin
Superfluous word
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, ichbin said:

I didn't take note of the sub I was on when I found it and I took a brief look but haven't found it again.  I'll be honest and say I just don't feel like taking the time to hunt for it.  All I can remember reading is the age of 17 was referenced, stuff about blow jobs, and something about the baby daddy having had a girlfriend of several years at the time this one came on the scene. Some responses accused the poster of slut shaming. I have no way of telling  if the person is on the level, or how true the information is. It's in the depths of Reddit somewhere. I would help if I had taken note of how far into the season it had been posted.  

Thanks Ichbin! 

Reddit is one gigantic rabbit hole.  Your comments are plenty good! 

I'm looking forward to next season when we see more of the "real" Leah. I think we only scratched the surface this season.  She's gonna be hell on wheels, I think. I hope new cast members are strong enough to put her in her place.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Leah wrote about Asia/Bourdain for Penthouse. There was a big Instagram war, she even got in to it with Mira Sorvino. As messy as it all became Leah didn’t deserve the nastiness she received for asking many of the same questions (about Bourdain’s death, and Asia/Rose’s antics at the time) that so many others did. 

Nose jobs are like potato chips -- once you have one, you end up wanting another.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

I get the impression everything this woman does is for the sole purpose of getting attention.   

This! 100% You can really tell in her writing or when she’s mouthing off ridiculous things that she’s still a rebellious sixteen year old trying to jab her parents. 

• Love 7
On 9/22/2020 at 7:07 PM, Sweet-tea said:

This is so fucking sad.  At least she admits it unlike many other people in the public eye, but it's pathetic that so many women feel the need to do this.  This is not her first nose job either.  It's just so sad.

• Love 4

She will eat the show next year; she just about did this year, too.  And she dominated the reunion.  

Having watched a few of the Housewives franchises for years, I am afraid she is the future.  Coarser, louder, cheaper; and that is saying a lot!  I watched Orange County and New York from the beginning; Beverly Hills for a couple of years.  The meanness, off-the-rails bullying, swearing (nothing against swearing - I do it all the time) just for effect has put me off these shows, probably for good.  I cannot watch another season of Leah's drunken rages and behavior; while blaming everything on being bi-polar.  To those who like her  - she has had her good  moments; she can talk rationally about events and the other ladies at times; she comes off as being pretty aware of what is going on - and what she is being paid to do.  I am afraid next season she will be encouraged by Andy (a chauvinistic, pig of a little man) and Bravo to bring more of the terrible antics; and that may do her eventual harm; they will have created a monster. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

She will eat the show next year; she just about did this year, too.  And she dominated the reunion.  

Having watched a few of the Housewives franchises for years, I am afraid she is the future.  Coarser, louder, cheaper; and that is saying a lot!  I watched Orange County and New York from the beginning; Beverly Hills for a couple of years.  The meanness, off-the-rails bullying, swearing (nothing against swearing - I do it all the time) just for effect has put me off these shows, probably for good.  I cannot watch another season of Leah's drunken rages and behavior; while blaming everything on being bi-polar.  To those who like her  - she has had her good  moments; she can talk rationally about events and the other ladies at times; she comes off as being pretty aware of what is going on - and what she is being paid to do.  I am afraid next season she will be encouraged by Andy (a chauvinistic, pig of a little man) and Bravo to bring more of the terrible antics; and that may do her eventual harm; they will have created a monster. 

Yep and yep.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Being one of like, three Leah fans here, I had no doubt she would be coming back. Interested in how her sophomore season will go without Tinsley and Dorinda. 

Not a fan myself, but also not on the hate train (yet). I'm still sort of neutral about her (the sober version at least). It will be interesting to see how she behaves with a totally different dynamic - new cast members in the mix, and if she manages to maintain her sobriety. It sounds like her head has swelled a bit from the attention she received first season, so I'm dubious about her prospects.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Being one of like, three Leah fans here, I had no doubt she would be coming back. Interested in how her sophomore season will go without Tinsley and Dorinda. 

I'm good with Leah, not a huge fan but certainly not on the hate train. 

Regarding her getting her nose done, why all the judgments? People have things they are super insecure about it, and if its possible to fix it, why not do so?

Feeling good about yourself is key to healthy self-esteem! As soon as we can travel outside the States again, I'm on a plane to have some plastic surgery (much cheaper outside the states) to fix something that has definitely impacted my self-esteem for years -- to the degree that it limits what I wear because I hate having it exposed, and because if it is exposed all I can focus on is how it looks and what people are thinking. 

If Leah's nose makes her feel better about herself and being on camera, then good on her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

36 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

Not a fan myself, but also not on the hate train (yet). I'm still sort of neutral about her (the sober version at least). It will be interesting to see how she behaves with a totally different dynamic - new cast members in the mix, and if she manages to maintain her sobriety. It sounds like her head has swelled a bit from the attention she received first season, so I'm dubious about her prospects.

I actually like Leah on the show.  However, I do not care for her on social media and I do think she suffers from Dorinditis.  She only sees things her way. I also think she's pretty immature in a lot of ways.  She wants to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it.

I'll watch next season for sure. I think Leah got off pretty light this year with with the current cast. They all seemed to like her, and if she thinks Ramona was difficult, just wait for new women to come on the scene and disrupt her apple cart - especially those in her age range who are more successful and more clever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Regarding her getting her nose done, why all the judgments?

This is purely my personal opinion but pretty much all famous women get plastic surgery ------> many other women look up to famous women -------> women all over then aspire to this impossible standard that they can't meet -----> women all over have lowered self esteem because of it.  Also it erases your heritage and ethnicity.  My personal opinion.  It's so much worse now with the Kardashians and Instagram.  You won't see a famous woman on Instagram without the required nose job, Botox, fillers, etc.  This wasn't a thing 20 years ago.  20 years ago nose jobs and breast jobs were popular but now it's EVERYTHING.  I have met women under 30 who have gotten Botox and lip jobs --- 20 years ago I definitely don't think that was as widespread but now it's "expected".  Now getting plastic surgery has become the "standard", the new normal.  I don't know how any female child under 18 can possibly have a healthy self esteem with all of this going on.  You add to that all the gaslighting that people do on top of it too.  Most women deny they've had work done so at least Leah is admitting some of it.  Even worse, other women clamour to deny any famous woman could possibly have work done too.  People are very uncomfortable with piercing this 'fantasy'.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

You won't see a famous woman on Instagram without the required nose job, Botox, fillers, etc.

I completely agree.  it's not just the more. frivolous types of celebrities.  So many female politicians also, and I'm talking about people who are big names and serious types.  I can always tell by the eyebrows.  Take a look at photos from their youth and then notice the present day highly arched brows which were originally straight across.  

As for Leah, I remember one of the scenes with her sister when it was mentioned that their mother didn't like what Leah had been doing to her face.  

50 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

20 years ago I definitely don't think that was as widespread but now it's "expected"

This is what I think is the worst part.  It's not just altering features which are far outside of the accepted parameters, it's fixing anything deemed imperfect, even slightly so.  Then there are those who want to totally alter their looks to resemble another person, doll, or even cartoon character.  I feel it is getting to the point that those who choose to accept nature will be looked upon as inferior in some way.  

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I completely agree.  it's not just the more. frivolous types of celebrities.  So many female politicians also, and I'm talking about people who are big names and serious types.  I can always tell by the eyebrows.  Take a look at photos from their youth and then notice the present day highly arched brows which were originally straight across.  

Every news anchor does it, every soap star does it -- but that's been happening forever -- it just means that any child that turns on basic cable will see it, it's just so commonplace.

57 minutes ago, ichbin said:

As for Leah, I remember one of the scenes with her sister when it was mentioned that their mother didn't like what Leah had been doing to her face. 

Sarah has a much more natural face.  That's why I cringe when people criticize her looks.  It's like, that's what real women look like.  Here's Sarah 7 years ago.

MTTMSpring2-11.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I feel it is getting to the point that those who choose to accept nature will be looked upon as inferior in some way.  

It's already happening.  I watch the reality show Love Island where all the women are in their 20s and incredibly stunning with fantastic bodies.  They're forced to be in bikinis the entire time. There are people criticizing their bodies too.  Women can never look good enough, even at the total stereotypical "peak" of their looks.

Personally I think Sonja was sooooooooooo gorgeous when she was young, like breathtakingly so.  Like a more conventionally pretty Glenn Close.  She doesn't have to do all that work, but because of these arbitrary, made up "standards", she keeps doing it every. single. year.  These women hate what they see when they watch themselves on television, and I think that that's sad.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11

Kudos to Leah for getting a rhinoplasty, if that’s what she wanted and being honest about it.  I was just surprised to see that.  Dorinda and Ramona both have noses that are not very symmetrical and go off to the side.  They should have done something with that when they were younger.   

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Every news anchor does it, every soap star does it -- but that's been happening forever -- it just means that any child that turns on basic cable will see it, it's just so commonplace.

Sarah has a much more natural face.  That's why I cringe when people criticize her looks.  It's like, that's what real women look like.  Here's Sarah 7 years ago.

MTTMSpring2-11.jpg

I understand the appeal of plastic surgery - especially if someone has been bothered by something for a long time.  Go for it!

On the flip side, I am more attracted to faces with character than perfectly pretty faces. They are just more interesting to me.

I think Sarah is very attractive/appealling just as she is.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I just think it would be hard to change a facial feature after living with it for 55 plus years.  

Projection? Haven't heard either of them lamenting the current state of their noses.  Have you?  Haven't both had breast augmentations?  I would think if they wanted their noses done they would have by now since it appears they are not averse to cosmetic surgery.  If someone wants to alter their features, so be it, but if someone chooses to keep what they have, so be it too.  Neither is a must, and both are personal decisions. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Projection? Haven't heard either of them lamenting the current state of their noses.  Have you?  Haven't both had breast augmentations?  I would think if they wanted their noses done they would have by now since it appears they are not averse to cosmetic surgery.  If someone wants to alter their features, so be it, but if someone chooses to keep what they have, so be it too.  Neither is a must, and both are personal decisions. 

I don’t disagree with what you are saying.    I have no problem with anyone having plastic surgery or people being okay with what they have.  I’m entitled to my opinion just as you are.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 1
On 9/23/2020 at 3:01 PM, LemonSoda said:

This! 100% You can really tell in her writing or when she’s mouthing off ridiculous things that she’s still a rebellious sixteen year old trying to jab her parents. 

Try rebellious six year old -- I have this feeling that Leah is one of those kids who were only children for a good number of years before gaining a sibling, and has never forgiven her parents for their disloyalty.  Leah is still punishing them for Sarah.  And Sarah knows she's a thorn in Leah's side and uses it against her (remember:  Mom told me she doesn't like you).  It doesn't get more obvious than that.

• Love 6

On 9/23/2020 at 9:55 AM, ichbin said:

I get the impression everything this woman does is for the sole purpose of getting attention.  watch on TV. The only reason I am still reading about her at all is in hope that I will read she is definitely not returning to RHoNY.  

On 9/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, LemonSoda said:

We have some addiction issues in our family - and some family issues in general.  

I went to a psychologist at one point to talk about some of it and unbeknown to me, my brother did the same around the same time. We were both told independently that children who abuse drugs and alcohol at a young age, stop maturing at the the age the abuse starts. Because they are under the influence, they never learn to navigate life and its challenges. There are also physical issues with the brain which is still developing into early adulthood.

Just going on what I see on the show and in her social media, I think this might be Leah's situation.  She may be in her 40's but she seems to act like a teenager in many ways. Not all of her behavior, and not all the time, but often enough to pop up as an issue, I think.

Just a few random articles:

https://www.recovery.org/act-your-age-recovering-your-emotional-immaturity/

https://www.rehabs.com/blog/does-adolescent-addiction-really-stunt-emotional-maturity/

https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/default/files/soa_2014.pdf (this is more a discussion about the technical development of the brain during teen years)

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SoTheresThat said:

I just happened to notice on my DVR that there's an episode of RHoNY airing on October 8th called "Best of Leah Moments".

Have they ever done this with any other housewife?

Especially odd because most "Leah Moments" are drunken rampages we watch in horror.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I’m curious to see sober Leah.  Part of her splash on the show was how outrageous she acted when she was drunk and it got people talking.  Sober Leah didn’t bring much to the table.  I don’t watch this show to see people acting logically and doing the right thing.  Not that I watch for drunken antics but I do enjoy a vacation Sonja.  

Leah is such a “notice me!” kind of person and so she really annoyed me.  But I won’t tune out because she was cast.  

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Kerrey92 said:

Sober Leah didn’t bring much to the table.

What?  You mean you weren't fully engrossed in the scintillating scene of Leah and her mother chatting in the apartment?  Didn't you salivate over those delectable plates of rice cakes and broccoli?  Who wants to see the housewives visit yet another bar or lovely restaurant in the city when we can watch that instead. Or the scene in Chinatown, prefaced by some bullshit about going places where the other ladies wouldn't be caught, yet Leah seemed a bit lost herself when enquiring about the menu offerings.   I've been to Chinatown plenty of times, where I haven't been to much are the tony, uptown restaurants and shops.  Those are the scenes I enjoy watching. She demonstrated two speeds this season, obnoxious or kind of not so very interesting (like many normal, out of the limelight people are).  

Bravo, attention please, there are lots of people out there who do not live their lives on social media, nor are they influenced by social media "influencers".  Those people, such as myself, are also consumers to whom the advertisers can market goods and many of us can actually afford them.   We also talk about the Bravo shows we watch while talking to other people such as ourselves.  That is how I began viewing RHoNY. A show which has been able to sustain viewership for 12 seasons does not need to be changed into going into an entirely new  direction.  If you feel you cannot do without Leah, put her on another show and see how that works out.  I suspect the only person who will make out from that deal is Leah who will further monetize her social media endeavors by picking up some more hits to her accounts and perhaps gain a few MTTM sales.  

• Love 10

It's really quite funny that Bethenny is pushing this "Andy should be thanking me for my gift of Leah." Now Leah has her own hour and is being touted as the breakout star of RHONY. Andy obviously is giving preference to her. Next thing you know Bethenny is being replaced as Andy's new best housewife friend. Maybe even being invited to his Christmas party? Based on what I have read about the WWHL interview, Andy seems less tolerant of Bethenny's Self Aggrandizement.  Will it just a matter of time before Beth is instagramming/tweeting what a bitch Leah is for pushing her MTTM brand on the show? Because you know that no one but Beth is allowed to promote their product.

• Love 7

Here is the post from reddit:

Southbknybk 119 points120 points121 points 23 days ago*

I know her in real life. She came into the NY downtown scene when I was like 23 and she was like 17 or something. She literally just started hooking up with every graffiti writing dudes that used to hang out downtown, sucking Ds in bathrooms, Fing dudes in an studio apt with people in the room etc just messy. As a woman, no slut shaming but she definitely wasn't about woman empowerment. Rob was in a 4 yr relationship with a girl but Leah came in and home wrecked that relationship and got pregs. He never wifyed her probably because he knows she hooked up with most of the downtown dudes he knows and are homies with. She's an attention thirsty chick, nothing refreshing about her so your hunch is right, she's pretty vile.

https://old.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/ilkeii/leah_is_not_in_quarantine_after_traveling_to_az/

Edited by escape
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, escape said:

Rob was in a 4 yr relationship with a girl but Leah came in and home wrecked that relationship and got pregs.

I don’t like Leah but this person can fuck off. Rob is an adult over a decade older than Leah who made his own choices. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I can only assume that the Leah focus and fat raise (more than 3x the original offer) are a Bravo attempt at attracting a younger audience...but they should know where thier bread is buttered! I pay for the new season every year, because I don't have cable and I can't wait for it to hit Hulu, but I don't plan to watch next season at all. 

Leah comes off more jersey shore than ny housewife. If I want vulgar, drunken idiocy I'll tune in to an MTV show. Even at the shore, she's the Angelina (aka trash bag). 

Sober Leah is better, but her bratty teenager still shines through. As does her sisters (whom I'm sure anyone continueing to watch will be treated to on a regular basis). Being a 35-year-old rebel ain't cute!

• Love 10
19 hours ago, J80134 said:

I can only assume that the Leah focus and fat raise (more than 3x the original offer) are a Bravo attempt at attracting a younger audience...but they should know where thier bread is buttered! I pay for the new season every year, because I don't have cable and I can't wait for it to hit Hulu, but I don't plan to watch next season at all. 

Leah comes off more jersey shore than ny housewife. If I want vulgar, drunken idiocy I'll tune in to an MTV show. Even at the shore, she's the Angelina (aka trash bag). 

Sober Leah is better, but her bratty teenager still shines through. As does her sisters (whom I'm sure anyone continueing to watch will be treated to on a regular basis). Being a 35-year-old rebel ain't cute!

Especially when the rebel just turned 38.

• Love 7