Type keyword(s) to search

Leah McSweeney: Designer to the Mob

• Start Topic

On 3/6/2022 at 8:49 AM, chick binewski said:

Leah's family vacation.

This was a few weeks ago but I'm sure so much was accomplished. Nothing like sabotaging your family, announcing it on social media and thinking it's all ok because you paid for it.

If this is true, is it really something she should be making public?  She must be exhausting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, ichbin said:

hope whomever was responsible for the casting decision that brought her to the Bravo Universe is happy now. 

I did not understand Leah's behaviour and hyper sensitivity during RHUGT. I was thinking she was scrambling for a storyline.

Is she suing by citing her depression as the disability? If that is the case, get in line Leah, as the majority of us could sue our employers for not treating us like snowflakes when we're depressed.

If she's using the taunts of HWs encouraging drinking (especially given she's an alcoholic and doesn't drink) I can see her complaining, but again it's not a case you can sue people over.

She seems to forget she has free will. No one is making her do specific behaviors and words are simply that, words. I need to see proof of more detrimental Bravo interference /action if she's going to bring forth a lawsuit.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

https://pagesix.com/2023/10/30/entertainment/leah-mcsweeney-filed-discrimination-complaint-against-bravo-after-rhugt/

I hope whomever was responsible for the casting decision that brought her to the Bravo Universe is happy now. 

Allegedly:

How did Leah get on Real Housewives?

McSweeney was referred to production by former cast member Bethenny Frankel, who left the series after the previous season. McSweeney officially signed on for her second season as a full-time cast member of The Real Housewives of New York City.

and

Multiple sources tell PEOPLE that Bravo’s newest New York City Housewife was cast on the long-running reality series’ upcoming 12th season because of the Skinnygirl founder.

A source close to Frankel says that the two had met through mutual friends, adding, “Bethenny introduced her to the show and recommended her.”

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I hope they are suffering, as we have all had to since they brought her to our screens.

It seems Shed, this specific production company signed, and re-signed some horrible people as cast members. It also suggested (and filmed) lame story lines according to the Vanity Fair article.

I assume Leah is implying that the three HWs who texted her before UGT, or told her at the trip she should drink were pushed by the production company to do so. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4

Wasn't Luann sober during their last RHONY season? What about the Legacy UGT? Lots of non drinkers, and would have had one more if Jill Aaron hadn't asked for a truckload of money. Luann demonstrated during Crappie Lake that she can be sober and fun. 

Leah's lawsuit is weak. If she couldn't handle filming while sober, she shoulld have said no. The lure of money was stronger. Before filming UGT, she knew the formula, and went back for more. She's responsible.

• Like 7

Kandi does not drink and that seems okay with the producers, Leah being an alcoholic is something she has to deal with, nobody can make you drink and nobody can make you not drink...most addicts will blame their drinking/drug use/etc...on everyone and everything around them, Leah is an addict, Leah is blaming Bravo.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I didn't recognize Leah on Impact Nightline - Reality Reckoning. Until she spoke, that is. Upspeak and vocal fry still intact. 

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Watching Leah on Impact Nightline.  It's really hard to have sympathy for someone who tells you that they wanted to kill themselves because they were so abused by their employer but every time their employer asked them back to work for them......they willingly went because cha-ching.  Really???

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1