Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Ex-Best Man, Ex-Best Friend

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

If Lala says she wasn't raped, maybe we should believe her?  Just like we should believe a woman when she says she was, maybe we should believe one when she says she wasn't.  We can still hate James and think he's vile.

No. I mean, I'm not going to DM her and tell her she's wrong. But to me she was raped. I don't know why the two stories differ so wildly. What she describes in the podcast interview meets my definition of rape. You may differ. I haven't been posting here long enough to make enemies though so please don't demote me as Best Woman from your hypothetical wedding, @yourmomiseasy!

• LOL 5
23 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I think Jax thinks he’s the bride 😄 What man acts like this during the wedding planning/festivities?

See: narcissist, raging

22 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I agree when Lala said Ariana is a wet blanket. Also, that Tom and Ariana do not like to see people doing well in life.

What’s hysterical to me? Lala was saying that to the woman about to marry the man who is rage-blind with jealousy over the success of TomTom. If anybody doesn’t like to see people doing well, it’s Jason Cauchi and his equally repugnant alter ego, Jax Taylor. 

10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So I said this from Ariana’s first season, she seems like someone who requires a lot of attention. Like A LOT of attention. Which makes her not at all different from anyone else on the show. I can’t imagine anyone who doesn’t like the spotlight regardless of how they get it would have much patience for reality tv. However, unlike Stassi or Brittany or Lala or Jax or Sandoval or even Katie and Schwartz she won’t just admit she’s a dramatic little brat who starts to suffer from FOMO 30 seconds after waking up. Instead she plays these games where everyone has to spend tons of time telling HER how much better she is than THEY are. It’s a recurring theme where Ariana demands attention in the form of people making a big deal about how cool it is that she’s not a dramatic girl that demands attention. Sort of makes her perfect for Sandoval since he’s not the bright and he loves that kind of double think mind game (Orwell reference for Libertarian Slut. By the way for like a solid year I thought your name was Librarian Slut. I’m a librarian myself and completely approved), but I can see it being exhausting for others. I absolutely think Arianna does suffer from depression and I think hers is probably pretty bad right now since she seems to feel stuck in a life she can’t get away from, but I also think she is absolutely that friend who has a crisis when good things happen to you so that you always spend your birthday or graduation or whatever telling her how awesome she is.hopefully you have friends that love you regardless and accept that as a part of you processing information (my brain can do that sometimes. Too much stuff, good or bad, becomes anxiety and depression) but that’s a significant ask and Ariana has made it clear she doesn’t like these people so...

With the exception of her 30th bday when she got upset with Sandy for going to Vegas, I just don’t see where or remember when Ariana has “demanded” attention for anything. I sure can remember Stassi doing that, though—Jax too. If anything. I’ve always seen her as being mostly mellow and low-key over the years. 

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How have we neglected to comment on Lala’s blue fringe outfit?

Or her bizarre Justin Bieber-ish outfit while she was talking to Rand at their house. What the eff was that atrocity? I mean, it’s not like she was just wearing sweats and had her hair up in a ponytail because she was cleaning/doing work around the house. Like, you can tell she put EFORT into looking like that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, princelina said:

Did she say blackout or passed out?  I've seen both referenced here - passed out means lying there unconscious, but blackout drunk means she could have participated but not remembered in the morning.

I was going to say that too, there is a big difference - she says blackout which could mean she wasn’t too drunk to participate but doesn’t remember it..  but I distinctly remember her describing the experience, so she says she remembers...  but then in the interview she says she doesn’t remember a thing.. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

The guy who appeared on WWHL with Sandoval last night made a little jab about how ugly her hat was when she was having the breakdown, and Flat Iron was silent, but steaming.  I’m sure this guy, I forgot his name, just doesn’t, like, take hats seriously, like literally at all.  (He likely doesn’t take playing the trumpet seriously enough either).  

I only caught the beginning of "WWH!". I have no clue who he is, but Satan Andy desribed him as some sort of podcaster who was a fan of this show.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:39 PM, albarino said:

I don't care very much about the new kids either.  I can't tell the new guys apart, and frankly, the story about the kitchen staff (chefs, sous-chefs, dishwashers, etc.) would be much more interesting to me.

Heh. That reminds me of when one of the girls (Stassi or Kristen, I think) quit and they showed the dishwashers high fiving each other. 😀

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I only caught the beginning of "WWH!". I have no clue who he is, but Satan Andy desribed him as some sort of podcaster who was a fan of this show.

Heh. That reminds me of when one of the girls (Stassi or Kristen, I think) and they showed the dishwashers high fiving each other. 😀

Adam Pally was the guest who was on WWHL with Sandoval. He’s an actor.

It was Danny Pellegrino, behind the bar, who is the podcaster (also a national treasure).

Edited by Duke2801
  • LOL 2

They are so stupid we've seen several of them watering their lawns with a hose. Install sprinkler systems or go to Ace Hardware and purchase actual sprinklers.  Idiots.

I live in a condo, and many, many apartments years before, so I guess I apologize if this is "so stupid" to ask," but what is wrong with using a hose for one of the many legit reasons that people use hoses?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I was going to say that too, there is a big difference - she says blackout which could mean she wasn’t too drunk to participate but doesn’t remember it..  but I distinctly remember her describing the experience, so she says she remembers...  but then in the interview she says she doesn’t remember a thing.. 🤷‍♀️

Well in her defense, I would not want to remember it either if I had sex with James.  I'd be doing my best to forget it!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

If Lala says she wasn't raped, maybe we should believe her?  Just like we should believe a woman when she says she was, maybe we should believe one when she says she wasn't.  We can still hate James and think he's vile.

Right, from what she has said, I think she did flop her legs open 🤮 and then later, say in the interview that she "doesn't even remember" because she is grossed out by it.  She kept saying that she wasn't raped, and it's probably because when she said that and Nik Richie said, "that's rape," she was like, oh crap I didn't mean that. 

Anyone with a brain knows that someone having sex with you while you are NOT CONSCIOUS is rape.  However, it seems she was drunk and gave consent, and then later was like, eww I don't even remember that night.  That's how it sounds to me.  (Full disclosure - I have been date raped, so I would never downplay someone's rape, I also believe her when she says she wasn't raped)

• Love 10

Lala is ashamed she gave it up to the wanker, so she says she was wasted. Guys use that same excuse all the time. No reason that women can’t do the same.

Who is this Max and Dayna? I keep seeing their names mentioned.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think it's a hugely important distinction on whether Lala was blacked out or passed out.  They are NOT the same thing.  The first, you can absolutely give the appearance of not even being that drunk - you are still talking, participating in things, laughing, what have you - the only problem is that your memory maker is down for the count and you aren't going to remember anything you are doing. That's a black out.  Being passed out is different - you are asleep or unconscious.  You could encounter someone in a drunken black out and never know until you say something to them the next day and realize they have no memory of your encounter.  People who are currently blacked out don't know they are currently blacked out.  On the other hand, if you encounter someone who is passed out, you know it.

It doesn't sound like ANY version of the story has James having sex with Lala while she was passed out/unconscious.  That would clearly be rape.  There is just no grey line (well, I guess there could be, if you were into that kind of thing, so you gave your partner permission to have sex with you after you were passed out [wait, now I feel like I've actually read an advice column where the wife hated sex, so she would drug herself with nyquil and tell her husband to have had it...]).  

However, as I mentioned, someone who is in a blackout can appear not terribly drunk ESPECIALLY if you are also drunk.  I absolutely agree someone who is a blackout is in no condition to give consent, but what happens if BOTH parties are in a blackout?  Did they rape each other?  Or, if one partner *seems* to be giving enthusiastic consent, but it turns out they were blacked out?  Does that make the other partner a rapist?  Is it even possible for the blacked out partner to be raped, because they were unable to give consent and would not have under different circumstances, but NOT make the other partner a rapist, because they genuinely thought they had consent and didn't realize how drunk the first partner was?

That's a long way of saying I don't know if James knew he was raping Lala or not, and I do think this is a time where intent matters a great deal.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I live in a condo, and many, many apartments years before, so I guess I apologize if this is "so stupid" to ask," but what is wrong with using a hose for one of the many legit reasons that people use hoses?

You use a hose to connect it to a sprinkler to water your lawn if you do not have an underground sprinkler system.  YOU move that sprinkler every hour or so to water your entire lawn.  You do not stand outside and point your hose and hand sprinkler at various parts of your lawn.  Remember, these folks are "rich", they have pools and lawns.  I have a putting green size of a lawn and have a sprinkler system.  

I hope that clarifies my comment.

Am I the only one here who believes this Pastor situation has Productions fingerprints all over it?

By this I mean - when the pastor was chosen by Brittany and those comments came to light before filming began - Production and LVP/Ken knew about them. They chose not to film an early scene. They told the cast not to discuss this on SM and wait till the show filmed. They also pre-decided to have Lance officiate the wedding and had to figure out how to add him in.

If this truly was happening then without Production interference - there would have been Ariana, Sandoval and others - Tweeting about it and tagging Brittany and Jax with WTF commentaries.

I am feeling some rage from Jax - I think he totally resents the Tom's and the "TomTom" bar. If anything, he probably thinks it should be himself and Tom Sandoval - not Tom Schwartz. This is why he's acting like Groomzilla - that's his only story line with no business ventures in sight

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, albarino said:

You use a hose to connect it to a sprinkler to water your lawn if you do not have an underground sprinkler system.  YOU move that sprinkler every hour or so to water your entire lawn.  You do not stand outside and point your hose and hand sprinkler at various parts of your lawn.  Remember, these folks are "rich", they have pools and lawns.  I have a putting green size of a lawn and have a sprinkler system.  

Meh.  Lots of people hit hot spots with a hose, especially in the valley in the summer where it is as hot as Satan's balls.  All their houses are freshly redone and freshly landscaped.  They have irrigation systems.  If you have a hot spot it is more water wise to just water that spot via the hose for a few minutes than to overwater an entire section of your yard via a sprinkler. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I am feeling some rage from Jax - I think he totally resents the Tom's and the "TomTom" bar. If anything, he probably thinks it should be himself and Tom Sandoval - not Tom Schwartz. This is why he's acting like Groomzilla - that's his only story line with no business ventures in sight

YES!  100% - Jax thinks he is the "Number 1 guy" and the star of the show.  He is so mad about TomTom.  The wedding is his big moment to shine!

It is pretty clear that Jax hates Sandoval, and I am pretty sure Sandoval hates Jax.  Why do they even pretend to be best friends? 

I am still laughing at the Toms crying to each other at the bar.  "I don't even know how to tie a bow tie!"  "I will teach you, I will teach you.."

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 2/25/2020 at 8:31 PM, Emmeline said:

How, in the name of god, could Ariana go to the wedding without Tom?

Better question...how can Britney and Jax really expect her to go without him??

And then guilt trip her with "but it's only a week away.. and you're a BRIDESMAID.. not just a guest!"  well maybe Jax shouldn't have invited Randal to take the empty spot and then it would be even again. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Whatever happened to that beer cheese dip those 2 chucklefucks..errr Jax and Brittany were going to release? I guess they put that on the back burner for the wedding!

I think the beer cheese dip went to Brittany’s hips.

• LOL 5
37 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Meh.  Lots of people hit hot spots with a hose, especially in the valley in the summer where it is as hot as Satan's balls. 

Ha!  We're arguing about hose usage?  You win this one; I concede I don't know what I'm talking about. Nope.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

YES!  100% - Jax thinks he is the "Number 1 guy" and the star of the show.  He is so mad about TomTom.  The wedding is his big moment to shine!

Jax knows that in real life, he'll NEVER be anything more than an incompetent bartender to Ken and Lisa.  He's burned every bridge with them between his literal criminal behavior and amoral conduct.  I don't even know why they keep him on as a bartender except for the show and the drama he brings because he totally sucks.  How many of his drinks have we seen get sent back over the years?  How many times has he made a different drink than was ordered because he "didn't feel like making a _____"?  Meanwhile, say what you will about Sandoval, the dude is an artist with the cocktail shaker.

And that whole Hockey Job Offer was garbage, I don't care how many so-called texts Brittany saw.  It was Jax's pathetic attempt to make himself look like he's also someone "in demand."  

And I'm not all that big a fan of Brittany.  Actually, when it comes down to it, I don't really like any of these people, with the possible exception of Beau.  I don't even know if I can watch that farce of a wedding in the next couple weeks.

1 hour ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Whatever happened to that beer cheese dip those 2 chucklefucks..errr Jax and Brittany were going to release?

And wasn't Jax starting a line of cocktail mixers?  Rather ironic since he can't make a decent one himself.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I am still laughing at the Toms crying to each other at the bar.  "I don't even know how to tie a bow tie!"  "I will teach you, I will teach you.."

That was truly a sight to behold. It was like a movie scene between a wounded soldier and his brave buddy getting him off the battlefield.

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, albarino said:

It doesn't. I am more confused now. Is there only one way to get water into a lawn (or is there some ordinance saying that a sprinkler is the only way)? Are people not allowed to make up their own minds about having a sprinkler? If they don't mind doing it that way, why should anyone else? These people are idiots for sure, but not for this.

Also, I think we are supposed to pretend they are not "rich."

And no one said that you don't know what you're talking about, just that what you're talking about isn't set in stone. This is like, say, calling someone who uses the top of the washer as a folding surface an idiot for not carrying the clean laundry to a bed to fold it there because everyone knows that only the latter is the only way. But it's not.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Whatever happened to that beer cheese dip those 2 chucklefucks..errr Jax and Brittany were going to release? I guess they put that on the back burner for the wedding!

Any updates - I see them waiting for the show to film so they get free publicity.

We'll probably get a scene with Jax acting all businessy about distribution and production - like LVP with her clipboard and receipts hard at work

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Ubiquitous said:

Didn't successfully married Lisa Vanderbucks say flat out that if she weren't invited to something but her husband went, she'd have changed the locks of her palacious stately manner b4 he returned?  🤔

I think she said something along those lines, and if I'm remembering this correctly - it was during the whole Kyle/Mauricio - going to one of the Hilton kids weddings. Mauricio was either dis-invited or not even invited. I forget if the invitation was only for herself and Portia (because she was a flower girl)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Perhaps they realized that Meemaw invented nothing and beer cheese is sold already all over the country?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

We'll probably get a scene with Jax acting all businessy about distribution and production - like LVP with her clipboard and receipts hard at work

Lol I just pictured Jax all coked up with his wide open eyes  and fast talking doing a commercial for the beer cheese. 

• LOL 10
14 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

... movie called KIDS where Casper had sex with (raped) Jennie whilst she was passed out after taking ketamine.  Chilling.

Oh dear, I remember that scene - I really bothered me. Casper knowingly had AIDS as well, didn't he? That movie was so messed up, yet so realistic. My sons got earfuls from me for a couple of years because of that movie. Even then, why is it that women keep getting the short end of the stick in these situations, while other women are content keeping it that way. Shudder.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

This is like, say, calling someone who uses the top of the washer as a folding surface an idiot for not carrying the clean laundry to a bed to fold it there because everyone knows 

Hey, you just gave away my laundry folding secret. (I guess I am a time-saving idiot).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I don't even know why they keep him on as a bartender except for the show and the drama he brings because he totally sucks. 

I was really cringing when Jax was stating how much he 'loves Rand' now. He states that initially, he wasn't sure about Randall, but now Rand has flown them here... flown them there... etc. Once again, Jax's friendship can be determined if a person has wealth or social status. It's always about what someone can and will do for Jax. Otherwise, people don't exist. Jax is such a dim bulb.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Lol I just pictured Jax all coked up with his wide open eyes  and fast talking doing a commercial for the beer cheese. 

giphy.gif

Like this? Bwahaha

If I remember correctly it's not MeeMaw -  could have sworn she called it Mamaws Beer Cheese pronounced Mamm Maw

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 2/25/2020 at 7:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Jax is saying that his wedding is the only day of his life where it’s his week.  I’m not even going to parse that one.  It’s just gross.  Where I come from, the groom usually doesn’t give that much of a shit.  Also, no one gets a week, not even the bride.  You get a fucking day.  

This part has me wordless. I have never seen a man behave more like a bridezilla than any bride I've known. Jax is beyond extra. He is not saying, "Come on people, behave because this is our day!" He is thinking only of himself and how he should be feted by all for days on end. Brittney isn't even mentioned. I also think he was looking for a reason to substitute Rand into the wedding party. Rand had better give an awesome gift because Jax will tell the world if he thinks it's shit. Jax probably expects a paid honeymoon. Sadly, Brittney's true colours are showing and I think deep down she knows Jax isn't the one for her. The way he snapping at her about "being on his side" made her uncomfortable. By 'firing' Tom he just messed up her plans, and he doesn't care. They are sad creatures.

• Love 6
On 2/26/2020 at 1:41 PM, HeddaGabler said:

It's pretty clear where he stands. But did we really expect the bride and groom-to-be to have any kind of skills to manage conflict resolution of this sort? They handled it about as poorly as I would have guessed 

Jax and Brittney are too stunned to understand when a situation is serious and/ or needs to be addressed. Jax has no problem 'firing' Tom, but has a meltdown when questioned why it took so long to ditch the minister. If Jax and Brittney aren't bothered by this moron of a minister, and Brittney continues to believe that the minister 'isn't like that', then they should keep him. Don't dismiss someone because LVP says so. If Brittney wants the minister who she grew up with to preside, let her. He can answer any questions the guests have, since the tweets are his opinions and issues. Jax and Britney's guests will determine what they are personally comfortable with, and they have always been loud and blunt, so let them address the guy and question his reasons. If you asked Brittney why she fired the minister, would she even know how to answer? 

• Love 6
On 2/26/2020 at 6:46 AM, Koalagirl said:

Yeah, Charli.  You were talking to a millionaire at an Emmy party.  He probably gave you advice after you asked him for his drink order. 

That was such a bizarre exchange. Charli vomits words that have no purpose other than just to be said. Her goal may be that people would think she's connected to something or someone semi important? Doesn't she know that the people who drop words like "the millionaire..." actually live in their cars?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, albarino said:

You use a hose to connect it to a sprinkler to water your lawn if you do not have an underground sprinkler system.  

I laughed when I first read about holding the hose while watering... You see where I live, when someone is watering that way, it generally means they don't want to get caught watering on the days they are not allowed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, albarino said:

We re did our back yard and my husband stood out there every night with the hose (btw we have an irrigation system). I gave up

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So I said this from Ariana’s first season, she seems like someone who requires a lot of attention. Like A LOT of attention. 

In the beginning, I found Ariana to appear rational, even-tempered, aloof and humorous. In fact, she always appeared to give the best advice or have the best outlook compared to the others. The fact that Shwartz had her as his groomsman fit that mold. But at the end of last season and all of this season, something is different. Ariana is not Ariana anymore. Where is her brother at? He used to always be around and the two of them got on well, but I don't recall seeing him lately. I think she is truly struggling with something, and I doubt we'll get the lowdown. I am also 'over' this new need of hers to define herself as "Bi". Why is it that people who move to L.A. suddenly need labels to present themselves? It's like they are so desperate to be relevant they will identify as anything or with anyone.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Hey, you just gave away my laundry folding secret. (I guess I am a time-saving idiot).

I throw mine right onto the carpeted hallway floor next to the washer and sit there to do it, shooing cats away the whole time. Now who's the idiot, ahahahhaaaaa!

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Better question...how can Britney and Jax really expect her to go without him??

maybe Jax shouldn't have invited Randal to take the empty spot and then it would be even again. 

Jax should have just kept his mouth shut instead of running around, dismissing then replacing people. Honestly, who's ever heard of a groom pulling off this nonsensical behaviour? He announces he dumped Tom without even checking in with Britney, or asking if that will impact anything. WTF is wrong with her?

• Love 4

Randall: "Jax, I brought some coke, do you want to go to the bathroom and do a few lines?"

Jax: " Free coke? Why yes, yes I do! Also, would you like to be my groomsman?"

I believe Ariana is absolutely suffering from depression.. what I cannot understand, is why she continues to be filmed for a reality show. She seems smart enough to know that this would exasperate her condition immensely. I can't imagine she thinks this is a good idea in her heart.

Edited by Aim123
Thought of something else...
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Chalby said:

Oh dear, I remember that scene - I really bothered me. Casper knowingly had AIDS as well, didn't he? That movie was so messed up, yet so realistic. My sons got earfuls from me for a couple of years because of that movie. Even then, why is it that women keep getting the short end of the stick in these situations, while other women are content keeping it that way. Shudder.

No it was Jennie who had AIDS!  Casper raping her was such an awful scene.  I remember the first time I saw “Kids” I thought it was a documentary.  

Now I can’t get out of my head “Cas-pah the dopest ghost”

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

You mean, I'm never going to be able to buy Jax's sweaters or his personal trainer workout videos???  I am devastated!!  At least Rob Kardashian had a sock line and people could buy them.  Why they would, I have no idea, but at least there was a website from which you didn't need to buy them!

Thank god Stassi mocked him about how ridiculous his idea of having a sweater line was back in season 2.  She was right.  Ugh, I hate that I agree with her on something rational.

9 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Jax knows that in real life, he'll NEVER be anything more than an incompetent bartender to Ken and Lisa.  He's burned every bridge with them between his literal criminal behavior and amoral conduct.  I don't even know why they keep him on as a bartender except for the show and the drama he brings because he totally sucks.  How many of his drinks have we seen get sent back over the years?  How many times has he made a different drink than was ordered because he "didn't feel like making a _____"?  Meanwhile, say what you will about Sandoval, the dude is an artist with the cocktail shaker.

He's a useless piece of shit.  The term 'good-for-nothing' fits him perfectly.  He is stupid, irrational, immoral and devoid of anything decent.

8 hours ago, ivygirl said:

That was truly a sight to behold. It was like a movie scene between a wounded soldier and his brave buddy getting him off the battlefield.

I was waiting for him to sob "Don't you quit on me, girrrrrrrrl."

6 hours ago, Chalby said:

Telly unknowingly had AIDS and passed it to Jennie (and probably every virgin girl he had sex with) and Casper raped her without knowing that Jennie was positive.  Yeah, shudder on every level.

5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

Like this? Bwahaha

If I remember correctly it's not MeeMaw -  could have sworn she called it Mamaws Beer Cheese pronounced Mamm Maw

Goddamn, seeing that makes me want to jump into the screen and stab his disgusting face!!!

4 hours ago, Chalby said:

I also think he was looking for a reason to substitute Rand into the wedding party. Rand had better give an awesome gift because Jax will tell the world if he thinks it's shit. Jax probably expects a paid honeymoon. Sadly, Brittney's true colours are showing and I think deep down she knows Jax isn't the one for her. The way he snapping at her about "being on his side" made her uncomfortable. By 'firing' Tom he just messed up her plans, and he doesn't care. They are sad creatures.

If Rand swung that way and Jax could get something out of him, he would blow him without hesitation.  I have zero doubts about that.

4 hours ago, Chalby said:

That was such a bizarre exchange. Charli vomits words that have no purpose other than just to be said. Her goal may be that people would think she's connected to something or someone semi important? Doesn't she know that the people who drop words like "the millionaire..." actually live in their cars?

I see Charli as a wannabe-Cool-Girl in the making.  Girl, you're so damn transparent!

3 hours ago, Chalby said:

In the beginning, I found Ariana to appear rational, even-tempered, aloof and humorous. In fact, she always appeared to give the best advice or have the best outlook compared to the others. The fact that Shwartz had her as his groomsman fit that mold. But at the end of last season and all of this season, something is different. Ariana is not Ariana anymore. Where is her brother at? He used to always be around and the two of them got on well, but I don't recall seeing him lately. I think she is truly struggling with something, and I doubt we'll get the lowdown. I am also 'over' this new need of hers to define herself as "Bi". Why is it that people who move to L.A. suddenly need labels to present themselves? It's like they are so desperate to be relevant they will identify as anything or with anyone.

Yeah, she seemed that way to me, too.  Hearing that she wants to drive her car off a freeway makes me think that she should be under suicide watch.  That is absolutely no joke and she should start by getting off this fricking show!!!  You need to be out of the public eye.  I know that Sandoval has worked on his bar, but the woman he loves is in deep depression and suicidal.  Keeping her safe and healthy needs to be your priority!!!

Odd how, whenever Ariana starts talking about her depression and how she really feels, Stassi and Lala immediately mention that they've been where she is now. 

So DO something!!!

23 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

No it was Jennie who had AIDS!  Casper raping her was such an awful scene.  I remember the first time I saw “Kids” I thought it was a documentary.  

Yes!  I thought Kids was a documentary, as did most people who watched it.  Which is why Leo Fitzpatrick ended up having to leave the country for awhile because people thought that he WAS Telly and that he was going around infecting young virgin girls with HIV. 

Telly having sex with Darcy was also a painfully awful scene.  It's been over 20 years since I've seen it, and I still feel the wretchedness!

I saw Kids on list of movies which wouldn't be made today.  I think that's definitely true.  Jennie ran across Manhattan all day trying to find Telly, but now, with social media, she would be able to find him immediately. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aim123 said:

Randall: "Jax, I brought some coke, do you want to go to the bathroom and do a few lines?"

Jax: " Free coke? Why yes, yes I do! Also, would you like to be my groomsman?"

I believe Ariana is absolutely suffering from depression.. what I cannot understand, is why she continues to be filmed for a reality show. She seems smart enough to know that this would exasperate her condition immensely. I can't imagine she thinks this is a good idea in her heart.

So follow me, this gets a bit convoluted and I freely admit I could be very wrong about all of what I’m about to say, I wonder if Ariana’s depression is linked to anxiety about being too dependent on the show. When she first came on the show she had a constant air of being above this silly little reality show. I think she really did expect to do 1 or 2 seasons pocket some cash, parlay the fame into some other (more respectable) career, and then check out. I sort of think Sandoval was one of the things she intended to move on from too. But like so many others she became dependent on the money and adjusts her lifestyle to that paycheck and before she knows it she needs that paycheck and doesn’t have another way of making that kind of money. A 2 million dollar house is a lot of money. Even if they bought it for cash (which I doubt) the taxes and upkeep would be significant. I think she let herself get caught up in the reality show lifestyle and gave into the pressure to keep up with the trips and clothes and just stuff (for the record I think Bravo encourages its stars to engage in a lot of spending to keep them dependent on their show paychecks) and now she can’t afford to walk away from the show. Being on the show means she has to be friends with people she doesn’t like and stay in a relationship with Tom even if she doesn’t want to (I think she does want to, but doesn’t like having to). I think she’s frustrated because she can’t afford to leave a life she looks down on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yes! It had that documentary feel to it. I thought Casper was the one who gave Jennie AIDS, but he refused to get tested. He figured as long as he chased virgins, he was okay.

41 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Yes! It had that documentary feel to it. I thought Casper was the one who gave Jennie AIDS, but he refused to get tested. He figured as long as he chased virgins, he was okay.

Telly is the one who was the one who was the virgin chaser and the one who gave Jennie HIV. Casper is the one who raped her at the end of the movie. 
Back to this show regardless of what happened between Lala and James he is a piece of shit who at the very least is an emotionally abusive asshole who needs to be off this show and hopefully get actual help for both his substance abuse and his underlying toxic behavioral issues.

• Love 7